The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

A Woman in Tech

Chapter Four

by kiwibat

Late in the night, I received a call from an unknown number. I hesitantly answered. It was my sister’s boyfriend. Despite them being together for years, we’d never so much as talked. Me and Gaby don’t really get along anymore.

As kids we were incredibly close, as close as you would expect twins to be. But sometime in high school, something happened, and we drifted apart. I was enjoying life, going out with friends, and sure, a bit of partying. But Gaby was always so serious.

She took herself very seriously, almost as seriously as she took computers, always spending her free time in front of a monitor or reading some book about programming.

I admit, I hadn’t always been the best sister, so when I received the call from Gaby’s boyfriend, I was immediately worried. His voice was panicky and distraught. He told me something was wrong with my sister.

“What’s wrong? Is she in the hospital?” I asked anxiously.

“No. Nothing like that.”

“Then what?”

He seemed hesitant to explain what was wrong.

“Your sister’s in trouble,” he said cryptically. “But you can’t contact her directly. Please, trust me—her life depends on it.”

What was he talking about? Her life depends on it? What could possibly be wrong? Gaby’s not the type to ever take drugs, it couldn’t be something like that. Not the ever-serious Gaby, the girl who wore frumpy sweaters because she was afraid of people thinking that she was anything but the stuck-up programmer she was. But then what could it possibly be?

He offered to pay for the first flight out to San Jose. I figured that was the only way to find out what was going on. It must be serious for him to sound as worried as he did.

I quickly packed my suitcase and took an Uber to the airport. I hung around at the bar, had a few drinks, conversing with some of the other people there. When it was finally time to board, I got on the plane headed towards Silicon Valley.

It was a six-hour flight. Mark was waiting for me outside the terminal when I arrived. He took my suitcase for me as we walked towards where he had parked.

“There’s a coffee shop near our place,” he said. “I’ll explain everything there.”

I looked up at him. Dark bags under his eyes, his hair was disheveled. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days. He looked like shit. I suggested a bar instead.

Over the next four drinks, he told me everything. About the job in El Paso, the harassment, the promotion. The move to Silicon Valley. Vision and her co-workers. Women in Tech. The social mixers, Flynn Parson. Her sensitive tits, her out of control sex drive. Wet t-shirt contests, her new outfits, her new attitude, the weekend getaway. Cheating on him with a big tech millionaire (but for some reason he kept saying he wasn’t taking it personally. The fuck?).

It was a lot to take in at once. I wasn’t sure what to think. He sounded crazy. If he was to be believed, then a women’s advocacy group had been slowly turning my sister and bunch of other women into obedient sex slaves. It was hard to believe. Maybe he’s lost his mind? Caught Gaby cheating on him and just went crazy. It was the only logical solution, more realistic than the alternative. I needed to see for myself. To assess the situation and figure things out.

“So what’s the plan?” I asked. He closed his eyes and thought for a moment.

“To stop them.”

“How?”

If he was right, which I still very much doubted, then this was some kind of giant conspiracy involving multiple big tech companies. I knew it wouldn’t be that easy.

“That’s the part I don’t know.” He looked down at the table. “I’ve been sort of preoccupied. Since I, uh. Caught her. I mean, I know I shouldn’t…”

“…take it personally,” I interjected. By this point I knew what he was going to say. It was probably the eighth time he’d said it. But why wouldn’t he take it personally? I still didn’t understand. Had the tech company somehow gotten to him too? Or was he really just crazy….

I wanted nothing more than to arrive at their house and see my annoying sister, with her ugly sweaters. I wouldn’t even care if she was mad at me for coming as long as I knew she was ok. Then we could figure out what to do with Mark, get him checked into some kind of mental health facility or something. They’d know what to do in a situation like this.

“Where am I going to stay?” I finally asked.

“Oh.”

“A hotel?”

“They’re expensive,” he said while staring down at his drink. “I could cover it for a day or two, but…”

Were they having money issues? I made a mental note of this other red flag. Could that be why my sister cheated on him? But it didn’t make sense. She was never one to care that much about money, she was the furthest thing from a gold digger. Nothing about this situation made any sense.

“Well,” I sighed. “I’ll have you stay with you.”

* * *

We arrived at their apartment. The place was small but nice. I guess it’s all they could afford with my sister being the only one working. Mark had mentioned he’d been unable to find a job since the move and that he’d been walking dogs as a side gig but I couldn’t imagine he was making much doing that.

We sat around the dining room table and continued the conversation we’d started at the bar except we’d switched to tea. I was a bit tipsy and tired from the flight. I looked at the clock. It was already 8pm.

“Does she normally stay out this late?” I inquired.

“She has a lot of … meetings,” Mark replied, seemingly only half believing what he was saying.

Sometime later, the front door burst open. “You won’t believe the day I had,” Gaby said as she walked inside. I couldn’t believe my eyes. What the hell was she wearing? Instead of her usual over-sized sweater, she was wearing a low-cut top, a small tight skirt, and thigh high boots. I’d never seen my sister wear anything that showed off even the tiniest amount of cleavage, so I was shocked to see her boobs practically spilling out of her top. She looked like a stripper.

Gaby finally looked over and noticed me sitting at the table with Mark.

“Steph!” she exclaimed, dropping her bag. She ran over, and gave me a big hug. It’d been so long since I last her. She smelt like sex. Something was wrong.

Gaby asked me what I was doing in town. I made up a story about meeting a guy at a hotel for an investment opportunity. I could tell she was silently judging me, but at least she bought it.

We spent the next couple hours catching up. I hadn’t realized just how much I’d missed her. Despite our differences, she was still my sister. I wanted so badly to just ask her what the hell was going on, why she was acting like this, but I resisted. If Mark was right, then I didn’t want to draw any suspicion on either of us.

Gaby yawned. “Well, it’s getting late. We should hit the hay.”

I asked if she wanted to take the next morning off to show me around. The perfect excuse to spend some one-on-one time with her.

“I can’t,” she replied.

“Why not?” I asked.

Gaby and Mark both shared a look of confusion and then looked over at me. “Women in Tech should be team players,” she stated.

Mark nodded along. “Women in Tech need discipline.”

“Women in Tech need discipline,” Gaby echoed.

What the fuck... Why were they talking like that? It was so strange... The look on both their faces, the way they looked at each other, the way they repeated each other’s sentences. I wasn’t sure how to react.

“Women in Tech…need discipline,” I found myself repeating, trying to decipher what they had just meant. “Women in Tech should be team players...”

I pondered the words in my head. They seemed reasonable enough. I didn’t know much about the tech industry, but my sister’s always been very disciplined. And being a team player is important for any job.

They both smiled and nodded, looking directly at me. It was an odd smile; it gave me an uneasy feeling. What if Mark was actually right? What if they really had both been brainwashed by a tech company. It seemed so outlandish. Regardless, something was definitely off with both of them. I needed to be careful…

“I’ll make up the guest room,” Gaby said, leaving us alone.

I looked over at Mark, grabbed his arm, and pulled him away from the door.

“Oh my God. What the fuck happened to my sister?”

Mark looked confused. Did he not see it? She’d become an oversexualized caricature of herself. He was the one who noticed the changes in the first place, so then why was he acting like everything tonight was completely normal?

“Well, I have good news for you. You’re not crazy. Or if you are, it’s contagious, and it’s spread to my sister as well.”

“But what did she do?” Mark inquired. I couldn’t believe he just asked that.

“What did she… everything! The way she’s dressed, the way she smells, the way she talks about work…”

“She’s always loved her job,” Mark protested.

“Yes, I know, she’s my sister. She’s always enjoyed the challenges of work, but it’s always been a job. Right now, she sounds like she’s… like she’s drunk the Kool-Aid.”

“So it’s not just me,” Mark replied, sounding relieved.

“She needs help,” I told him. “She needs us.”

Gaby poked her head out of the guest room. Well, guest room was putting it nicely. It was a small office with a blow-up mattress.

“Almost done,” she said with a smile, and walked over to us.

“I’m so glad one of us was home when you came by,” Gaby said smiling, that same strange smile from before.

“Uh huh,” I replied, trying to force a grin. “But I’m glad you’re working so hard,” I told her, doing my best to make small talk to avoid the awkwardness of the situation. I said the first thing that popped in my head. “Women in Tech need… need to be team players.”

They both nodded again.

“Maybe just call ahead next time,” Gaby said passive-aggressively. That was more what I was expecting. She looked over at Mark. “Anyway, I’m gonna crash. Can you make sure my sister has everything she needs?”

“Of course, sugar tits,” he said, slapping her ass. Whoa… Sugar tits? My sister would have never stood for someone calling her that. The old Gaby would’ve slapped him in the face. I didn’t know what was weirder. That he had just called her sugar tits, or the look of lust on her face when he did. Maybe Mark was right after all…

After she left, I looked over at him. “So… I have questions. Lots of them.” He sat beside me on the couch.

“We have all night,” he replied. “Ask whatever you want to know.”

* * *

We spent hours going over all the details. I asked whatever questions I could think of about Vision, Flynn Parson, and Women in Tech. We had gone over a lot of the broad strokes at the bar but now I was trying to hear every little detail. I made mental notes at anything that seemed important or suspicious.

I asked Mark how he felt about seeing Gaby cheat on him. Just as I expected, he told me he wasn’t taking it personally. Why did he keep saying that? There was something so odd about it. I asked about her new clothes, when she started dressing like that and why. He told me Women in Tech need to look their best. Gaby had always been incredibly conservative in the way she dressed, so to see her like that was a huge surprise. I asked how the hell he got away with calling my sister ‘sugar tits’ without being slapped. He told me Women in Tech love pet names.

I repeated the answers out loud in contemplation, trying to get to the bottom of things. Everything he said made sense but still, something felt off.

Women in Tech need to look their best.

It seemed reasonable enough. Gaby finally realized how important looks can be. I know she always wanted to be taken seriously at work, but it’s important to look your best.

I repeated the words in my head.

Women in Tech need to look their best.

Women in Tech love pet names.

I closed my laptop. I’d been looking for information on Flynn Parson while we talked. There wasn’t much to be found but what little I did find seemed to connect him to both Vision and Women in Tech. Mark showed me what he had previously discovered, that not only were both companies created on the same day but just a few minutes apart. He was the link between the two. Whatever was going on, he was behind it. I just knew it. I stared at the picture of him, it gave me an uneasy feeling.

“I don’t think he’s involved,” Mark interjected. “I did at first, but I met him. I think he’s on the level.”

What was he saying? It seemed so obvious that this Flynn Parson guy was somehow involved. If Mark was correct about everything that’s going on, there’s no way he’s not at least aware of it all. So then why was Mark defending him?

“So where should I look first?” I asked. “Women in Tech?”

“It has to be.”

I asked again about the meeting he went to. He told me how Gaby had reverted into wearing her bulky old clothes, about the new girl Angela, and the group of women he talked to. He told me about the conversation they had.

“Women in Tech should save their energy for serious issues?” I asked. There was something weird about that. Something wasn’t right. It was like what had happened earlier with the two of them. Why did they keep saying that?

“Nothing about that… strikes you as odd?” I asked.

He looked at me confused. “Of course not. Women in Tech should save their energy for serious issues.”

“Women in Tech should save their energy for serious issues,” I repeated, analyzing the sentence.

“Women in Tech should save their energy for serious issues,” Mark said again. I felt a bit lightheaded.

“Women in Tech should save their energy for serious issues,” I said again, this time more confidently. The words spun around in my head. It made sense, I guess. Gaby’s always been a very serious person. Regardless, I suspected these phrases might have something to do with my sister’s changes. I needed to write them all down and figure this out.

Mark grabbed me a pen and paper. I jotted down in my sloppy handwriting: “Women in Tech should save their energy for serious issues.” Ok, what else.

“Tell me everything you know about Women in Tech.” I demanded.

“Well, they’re an organization who…”

“No,” I interrupted. “Not the company. About… people like Gaby. About women who are in tech.”

“Oh. Sure,” he thought for a moment. “I mean, Women in Tech should use every asset they have available.”

I continued writing, repeating the words out loud as I jotted them on the paper. “Women in Tech… should use… every asset…they have available. What else?”

“Women in Tech should be team players.” Again, writing it on the pad of paper. We repeated the process going through every bit of “advice” Mark had heard from my sister. My head was spinning by the time we were done. I felt lightheaded. I needed to lay down. The lack of sleep was really getting to me.

I looked down at the pages I had written, hoping I would have some kind of revelation. Let’s see, Women in Tech… I looked down the list. They use every asset they have available, are team players, save their energy for serious issues, need to look their best, should give more than they receive, should be respectful, need to be competitive, need discipline. Those all made sense. All those are things Gaby had been her whole life. She’d always been competitive and disciplined. Nothing weird about that.

However, further down the list things became stranger. They appreciate pet names, are here to please, are here to serve, need to satisfy clients, had to show off their bodies. They were odd even though the more I read them the more reasonable they began to seem. These had to be connected to my sister’s changes. There’s no way it was just a coincidence.

I looked at the bottom of the last page, at the final two things I had written. They sent a shiver down my spine when Mark had said them to me. I knew what we were dealing with was serious. Women in Tech love to obey. Women in Tech must submit. Another shiver just from reading them. I had a bad feeling about all this.

I needed to get some sleep. I was exhausted. This was all too much to deal with at once. I needed to get some rest and start fresh tomorrow. But before that, I wanted to try something.

I looked down the list again. “Hey,” I said to Mark as he was walking out the door. “Question for you.”

“Hit me.”

“Women in Tech need to be competitive, right?”

“Women in Tech need to be competitive,” he replied in the same odd tone as before.

“And Women in Tech need to be respectful,”

“Right, Women in Tech need to be respectful.”

“Women in Tech need to be respectful.” I repeated as I considered what I was going to say next. If my theory was correct this should work.

“Okay, one more,” I said. “Women in Tech need to be meticulous.” I paid close attention to how he reacted.

“What?” He wrinkled his nose at the question.

“It’s something I’ve heard,” I said.

“Uh, sure,”

“Do you think that’s true?”

“Uh huh,” he politely replied. I could tell by his tone that he was lying. That he didn’t really believe it. Strange, I really thought that would work. I thought I had it figured out.

“Last one,” I needed to try again. I looked directly into his eyes. “Women in Tech need to wear big hats.”

Mark began to laugh. “I haven’t heard that one,” he said.

“But is it true?”

He thought for a moment. “I mean. No? It doesn’t really make sense.”

“Okay. Just wanted to check.” I looked down at the pad of paper. Well, there goes that idea. So then what was different with all the other times they used those phrases. I didn’t understand. Or maybe I was wrong. Maybe they had nothing to do with it. I looked at the clock. It was already 4am.

“I need to get some rest. We’ll pick up all this up tomorrow.” I said, stretching my arms out and yawning.

“Great. Hey, uh, Steph?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks…” he said softly.

“No problem. We’ll figure this out. I promise.”

I made my way towards the guest room, changed into a tank top and panties, and got under the covers of the blow-up mattress. I was so exhausted. The moment I shut my eyes I instantly fell asleep.

* * *

The next day, Mark and my sister had both left for work. I got on my laptop and continued searching for any information I could find about Flynn Parson and Women in Tech. Unlike Mark and my sister, I was no expert on computers, but I looked anyways.

It was almost suspicious how little information there was about him. You’d think for a CEO of a tech company he’d be more public. And what little information I did find was well hidden. But why? What was he hiding? I continued staring at his picture. Such an intense gaze…

I looked back down at the pad of paper. I had jotted down some questions. Writing my thoughts out always helped me think better.

Who? Flynn Parson? Possibly others?

What? Brainwashing my sister (Maybe Mark too)

Where? Women in Tech meetings? Vision?

When? The past few months

Why? ???

I heard a car pulling up. I looked outside the window. It was my sister. I wasn’t expecting her to be home so early. Mark had told me she’d been staying late every night for “important work meetings.” I quickly hid the pad of paper.

“Helloooooo?” Gaby said as she walked through the door. “Anyone home?”

“In here,” I replied.

“How’d you sleep?” she asked.

“Uh, you know, as good as you can on a blow-up mattress.”

She smiled. “I’m sorry. I wish we had an actual guest room. We were planning on moving into a bigger place but with Mark not working…”

“It’s fine, honestly. I’ve slept in worse beds.” My sister rolled her eyes at that remark.

“Hey, so are you mad that I came to visit?” I finally asked.

She was silent for a moment. “No, I’m not mad. Annoyed, maybe. But it’s good to see you, really. It’s been a while… How about a bottle of wine?”

“Yes, please!”

We both laughed.

We spent the next couple hours catching up. It was nice to spend time with my sister, but I was paying close attention to see if I could subtly get any new information out of her. I asked about work, and the Women in Tech mixers she’d been going to.

“They’re amazing,” she gushed. “I don’t know where I’d be without them. They really helped me fit in. Speaking of which, we’re having a Christmas party coming up. You really should come. I told all my co-workers you were in town, and they insisted I bring you.”

I paused for a moment to consider the idea.

“Please? It’ll be fun. I promise,” Gaby pleaded.

It might be a good idea. I could investigate the situation further and… wait, I had an idea!

“Hey Gabs, how about we wear matching outfits?” I casually asked. Gaby always hated when our parents used to dress us the same when we were kids. I always felt like she resented being a twin. She was way too much of an individual to ever have someone else who looked exactly like her around.

“That’s a great idea!” she said, beaming with joy. “Oh my god! We gotta go shopping for dresses! I can’t wait.” I smiled back. Her enthusiasm was infectious.

Just then, Mark entered through the front door. “Hey, honey,” he said as walked into the living room.

Gaby briefly shuddered. “Hey babe. I told the guys at work my twin was in town, and they insisted I bring her to the Christmas party.”

They traded joked about California’s overly PC culture. I looked over at my sister. Her personality seemed the same for the most part. She didn’t seem like a completely different person. Sure, there were the outfits, and all the other weird stuff, there’s no doubt it was strange, but at the heart of it all she seemed to still be the same old Gaby.

I snapped back to what they were talking about.

“It gets better,” Gaby said.

“Oh yeah?” Mark asked.

“I’m going to get her a dress to match mine,” she said, hardly able to contain her excitement.

“That sounds fun… What made you—” Mark began to say before Gaby quickly interrupted. “Women in Tech love to dress up.”

I paid special attention to the look on her face as she said the phrase. She was staring directly at Mark. There was something so… captivating about the look on her face.

“Women in Tech love to dress up,” I found myself repeating. I tried to notice if there was anything unusual about what she’d just said but it was nothing out of the ordinary. Of course Women in Tech love to dress up. My sister’s recent outfits were proof of that. She seemed to be having lots of fun.

“Women in Tech love to dress up,” Mark repeated. After realizing it was nothing unusual, I let my guard down a bit.

“But… why is Steph going to match you?” he asked. I was a bit offended. Just because I wasn’t a Woman in Tech didn’t mean I didn’t enjoy dressing up. I never had the prudish attitude my sister always did. I was happy with my body.

Gaby stood up and stumbled towards Mark. I could tell she was already drunk. Gaby didn’t often drink, but I recognized the look on her face from the few times she had.

She wrapped her arms around Mark’s neck. “Women in Tech like to excite men,” she whispered in his ear. “Women in Tech like to make men hard. Women in Tech will do whatever they can to turn men on and get them off.”

Had she forgotten I was here? Gaby always hated public displays of affection. Even if it was just me. Or was she doing this because I was here?

She leaned in and kissed Mark, a deep passionate kiss. I looked away, embarrassed by my sister’s bold attitude. The old Gaby would have never done something like this.

“Women in Tech like to make men hard,” she repeated. I briefly looked over and noticed the bulge in Mark’s pants. I should get up and go. I really should leave. I shouldn’t be here right now. It wasn’t right…

“Women in Tech love to get men off,” she whispered. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, the heat of it. I could tell I was blushing. I should just stand up and go but…

An alarm bell went off in my head. There was something wrong about what she was saying but I couldn’t figure out what it was.

Women in Tech like to excite men. Clearly from the look of things that was true, nothing wrong with that statement. Then what was it? Women in Tech like to make men hard. I could tell by the bulge in Mark’s pants and the look on my sister’s face that was also true.

Women in Tech will do whatever they can to turn men on and get them off. Maybe that was it. That’s what was wrong. They’ll do whatever they can? That doesn’t seem right, did it? I was second guessing my judgement, unsure of my own thoughts.

“Women in Tech love to get men off,” Mark echoed. If hearing it from Gaby wasn’t enough, Mark repeating it only solidified what I was thinking. It was true.

Women in Tech love to get men off.

He brushed his thumb against her crotch. Gaby shuddered and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

“Women in Tech love to suck cocks,” Gaby said in a sultry voice. Her speech was slightly slurred from the wine.

That can’t be true, I thought. Not all Women in Tech love to suck cocks, do they? Obviously Gaby did, of course. But all Women in Tech? Every single one of them? That can’t be right… Could it?

“Women in Tech love to swallow cum,” she continued. Did my sister love to swallow cum too?

I noticed I was breathing heavy. My breasts rising and falling with each deep breath. I should really get up and leave but…

The warmth from my cheeks had spread down my body. My pussy was warm with arousal.

“Women in Tech love to suck cocks,” Mark repeated. Gaby’s eyes lit up as she made her way down his body.

“Women in Tech love to swallow cum,” my sister replied. She dropped to her knees.

I gasped as she pulled his cock out. Was she really going to do this in front of me? I knew how much my sister loved to suck cocks but still. I was right here…

“Women in Tech like to make men hard,” I mindlessly echoed. “Women in Tech love to get men off…”

Gaby wrapped his lips around his shaft and began playfully brushing against the tip with her tongue. She slid up and down his hard cock.

Gaby loved to suck cock. She loved to make men hard. She loved to get men off.

Oh god, it was so… fucking hot. My own sister. She was so fucking hot. For a brief moment I imagined myself as her. We looked similar enough that it wasn’t very hard. I imagined it was me lapping up Mark’s cock as I watched myself from the third person. I let out a moan of pleasure.

Why did I just do that? I’m not even attracted to Mark… So, why did I just imagine myself going down on him? Or was it jealousy I was feeling. But what would I be jealous of? I must’ve drunk too much. A dozen different thoughts raced through my head all at once.

She started deepthroating his cock, stroking the shaft with one hand, the other hand gently rubbing her own clit. Oh fuck… I’m so… horny. My heart rate quickened. My breathing sped up. Why did I love watching? It obviously wasn’t just me. Gaby chose to do this in front of me. She must love to be watched as well.

“Women in Tech love to be watched,” I thoughtlessly muttered, unaware of my own words as I buckled my hips in arousal. They both looked in my direction. They eyes lit up in agreement.

“Women in Tech love to be watched,” Mark repeated.

“Women in Tech love to swallow cum,” I continued. Gaby’s head was bobbing up and down on Mark’s cock. He looked at me and nodded. Don’t look at me while my sister’s going down on you. What are you doing? What if she noticed? What if she…

“Oh god,” I moaned out loud. I was so turned on. It was an overwhelming amount of arousal. It took all my willpower to resist pulling down my shorts and touching my own clit. Would she even care if I did? We all know she loves to be watched. My breasts were nearly falling out of my top. I tried to pull my top up in a brief attempt at modesty. I noticed Mark look over in my direction again as I did.

“Women in Tech love to swallow cum,” Mark grunted as my sister continued fellating him. I gripped the couch cushions as I squirmed back and forth. So fucking horny…

“Women in Tech love to swallow cum,” I said quietly. Another wave of arousal. I softly bit my lip as I continued to watch. I wasn’t even paying attention to what I was saying anymore. All my focus was on my sister, watching her eagerly bounce up and down her boyfriend’s hard cock. I’d never been one for voyeurism, but I couldn’t deny the whole thing was so erotic.

“Women in Tech love to get men off,” Mark grunted. I could tell by the look on his face that he was about to cum.

Women in Tech love to swallow cum.

“Women in Tech love to swallow cum,” Gaby moaned at the same moment I was thinking it. It was like she could read my mind. She was quickly stroking Mark’s shaft, her mouth opened wide in anticipation for what was about to come.

Mark groaned as he ejaculated into my sister’s eager mouth. Her tongue lapped at his cock, licking up every drop. Her expression was filled with ecstasy. Afterwards, Mark collapsed onto the couch, as Gaby climbed into his lap, giggling as she nuzzled up next to him.

“Wow…” was all I managed to say, completely dazed from the show they had just put on. I was feeling incredibly lightheaded. It was so wrong. So hot. So wrong and so hot. So fucking hot. My senses slowly began coming back to me. Why did she do that, I asked myself. Why did I do that? Why didn’t I just leave? Maybe Mark was right all along, there’s something strange going on and I’m going to get the bottom of it.

I just needed to find some proof. I don’t know what I expected her to say. Women in Tech are sex slaves? That would catch my attention. But instead, everything she’d said so far had all been completely reasonable. This was gonna be difficult.

“Go clean up, baby,” Mark commanded. My sister nodded and got up. She moaned briefly at the pet name before heading towards the bathroom.

Mark looked over at me. “Are you okay?” he asked.

“Mm-hmm,” I replied. “That was… that was pretty hot,” I admitted. “I mean, I know I shouldn’t have… we shouldn’t… but…”

“Women in Tech love to be watched,” he stated while looking directly at me. His eyes were glazed over.

“Women in Tech love to be watched,” I repeated.

“But I meant, like… with the Christmas party.”

I snapped up, suddenly remembering the plan. “Oh,” I said. “I mean, yeah. I figure it’s the best way to learn what’s happening. Go into the belly of the beast, y’know?”

“Of course. But… why’d you agree to dress the same?”

I smiled at him. “We’re identical twins. When we dress the same, not even you will be able to tell us apart. And that means I can go anywhere she’s allowed to go.”

Mark smiled back at me. I could tell by the look on his face that he was happy with the idea. “You’re a genius,” he said grinning.

I’d spent my whole life always being compared to Gaby and next to her everyone else seems so dumb. So I was thrilled to hear her boyfriend praise my own intellectual abilities. I can be smart too. I was going to prove it to her. Together, we were going to figure this out and get my sister back. I just knew it.

* * *

Gaby agreed to take the week off work to spend more time with me. I was surprised at first. Women in Tech need to be team players. Women in Tech need discipline. But apparently her boss had insisted she take the time off, to spend some quality time with her twin. Besides, Women in Tech need to make time for fun.

Regardless, I was glad she did. This would give me a chance to figure out what was happening with her. To get to the bottom of all this.

We were getting along great. After years of almost no contact, I was worried she wouldn’t have wanted anything to do with me. But I was completely wrong. She seemed genuinely happy for me to be here. It reminded me of when we were young, back when we were still best friends. I don’t know what caused this sudden change of heart in her, but whatever it was, I was glad.

We spent the first day together taking a trip to the mall, going from store to store finding cute outfits. I waited outside the changing room for her to try them on.

Gaby came out. She was wearing a small black top that barely contained her large breasts. They looked like they might pop out at any moment. In addition to that, she was also wearing a tight miniskirt, so short that every time she spun around, her bare bottom was on display. Even I, the adventurous twin, never had the courage to wear something like that.

“What do you think?” Gaby giggled, as she twirled around, showing off both sides.

“Wow… you look… Amazing!” I gushed. She looked incredible. Maybe it was narcissistic for me to say that about my twin, but it was true. Her long flowing hair, her make-up, everything about her was perfect. She bought the outfit, along with a few others. I even got a few for myself.

Everyone was staring at us as we made our way around the mall. Having lived most my life with F-cup breasts I was used to the stares, but with Gaby next to me it was unlike anything I’d ever seen before. Guys were constantly coming up to us and even worse every time they did my sister would flirt with them. I couldn’t leave her alone for more than a minute.

Women in Tech like to excite men.

It felt like I was out with a famous actress or influencer.

“Hey Gabs?“ I asked.

“Yeah?” Spending time together had brought out the Texas accent in both of us.

“What’s up with the new outfits?” I finally worked up the courage to ask. She shot me a confused look.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you were always… not a prude,” I lied, “but just… well, you know?” I was so worried she would take offense at my statement, but instead just smiled.

“Women in Tech need to look their best,” she replied, as if it was completely obvious. As if I was stupid for even asking. I felt stupid. It was obvious. Of course they needed to look their best. It was a tough industry for a woman. I was so proud of my sister for accomplishing so much. Just because she was dressing a bit more… liberally, there wasn’t anything wrong with that. Hadn’t I always wished she was more outgoing and fun?

“Women in Tech love to dress up,” she continued.

“Women in Tech love to dress up,” I echoed, looking directly into her big brown eyes.

She smiled and nodded. “Women in Tech love to show off their bodies.”

I was relieved. I’m not sure what kind of an answer I expected but that made me feel a little better about things. When I had first arrived, I thought the way she had been dressing was weird but it slowly was starting to make sense to me. Women in Tech love to dress up. Women in Tech love to show off their body.

We made our way home and put on a movie, joking, and laughing throughout. It felt so good to be spending time with my sister. I hadn’t even realized just how much I’d missed her all these years until now.

Mark came home later that night. “Well, anything new?” he asked when we finally had a moment alone. “Nothing yet,” I replied. “There’s something off about her, but I just can’t figure what it is.”

“I saw the new outfit she bought,”

“I know, isn’t it great!”

“You don’t think the way she’s dressing is unusual?”

“Women in Tech love to show off their bodies,” I replied.

“Women in Tech love to show off their bodies,” he agreed. “Ok, well maybe not the outfits, but what about the cheating? Her sex drive?”

He had a point. Gaby was certainly a lot more… titillating than she used to be. My sister never would’ve flirted with every guy she ran into at mall before. That wasn’t like her.

Women in Tech like to excite men.

“I have a theory,” I told him. “But it won’t make sense to you.”

“Why not?” he asked.

“Because it’ll sound crazy. And because… well, I think that…” I said, trailing off as I found myself lost in thought.

I suspected whatever was happening had something to do the phrase “Women in Tech”. I’d seen the way Mark and my sister looked at each other when saying it. It was almost as if they were hypnotizing each other, the way they would stare into each other’s dilated pupils, the way they would repeat what the other said. It was so strange to watch. I tried testing the theory on Mark when I’d asked him if Women in Tech wear big hats, but it didn’t seem to affect him at all. What more to it is there? I looked down at my pad of paper. I’d scribbled lines of some of the phrases I’d heard from her.

Women in Tech should be respectful.

Women in Tech are here to please.

Women in Tech need to be competitive.

Women in Tech should be respectful.

Women in Tech are here to serve.

So far, all the things I’d heard them say had been perfectly reasonable, but what if someone was able to use it to give commands that weren’t so reasonable? What if they were able to use it to somehow change her?

The next day we went to the nail salon to get a Mani-Pedi. I laid back and relaxed as the middle-aged woman worked on my feet.

“What color you want?” she asked. I thought for a moment. I looked over at my sister. “What color are you gonna get Gabs?” I knew for my plan to work, we had to be matching one hundred percent.

“I was thinking red,” she replied.

“Red sounds good!”

After, we went to the hair salon, to get our hair done for the Christmas party. I made sure to get mine styled in a way that matched Gaby’s.

It’d been a while since I had long fake nails. I found it hard to type on my laptop later when I was searching for more information about Flynn Parson. I stared at his picture. There was something off about him. His eyes were like those paintings that no matter where you were they followed you. Just looking at his picture gave me bad vibes. I was certain he had something to do with all this but at the same time I knew I needed to keep my distance from him. The last thing I wanted was to somehow let all this craziness spread to me. Then we’d never get my sister back.

The day after we went to the gym. Gaby got me in with one of her guest passes. The amount of muscular men that came up to her was ridiculous. She flirted back with every one of them. I was used to guys always coming up to me, it was strange not being the center of attention for once. Not that I was being completely ignored, but next to my sister I just couldn’t compare. Not to mention she was adding fuel to the fire by not only what she was wearing but also the things she would do. It seemed like every exercise was more focused on giving the men around her a show than anything else. It seemed like the whole gym was staring at us.

Next, we went shopping for dresses. I’d somehow only just realized if I was going to pretend to be her, I was going to have to wear an incredibly revealing dress.

Women in Tech love to show off their bodies.

I’d never been afraid of showing off my own body, I enjoyed the attention I got when I knew I looked good. However, the dresses Gaby was looking at were beyond anything I’d ever considered wearing. We might as well just be wearing nothing at all. I giggled at the thought of Gaby showing up to the party naked. It certainly wouldn’t be too out of place for her, the way she’d been acting.

“How much is this one?” I asked the saleswoman as we inspected ourselves in front of the mirror. “Those ones are $2000.”

My jaw dropped. “$2000 for two dresses??” They were barely even dresses, more like thin pieces of fabric. “That’s insane!”

“$2000… each,” the saleswoman replied.

“Jesus… that’s like three months of rent.”

Gaby looked over at me amused at the mini-breakdown I was having over the price.

“Women in Tech have expensive tastes,” she stated. Gaby never used to be one for fancy things, but it made sense. California was stupidly expensive so obviously Women in Tech would develop expensive tastes.

“Are you sure you want to spend this much? We can find nice dresses for so much cheaper.”

Gaby looked at me slightly annoyed. “Women in Tech know the value of money.” I was immediately embarrassed. Of course they do. What was I thinking? Why would I question her on something like that. She knew the value of money, the value of looking good. Women in Tech need to look their best. I felt dumb for even questioning her for a moment.

“You’re right, sis. I’m sorry.”

“Apologies, I don’t mean to interrupt. I overheard your conversation. Why don’t I get the dresses for you?” An impeccably dressed man said. His suit was clearly custom made, perfectly tailored. “You two look so great in them, I’d hate to see such perfect dresses go to someone… less suitable.”

Gaby giggled as she twirled her hair. “You don’t have to do that.”

“Please, I insist. It’s no problem at all.”

“You’re so sweet,” she said, placing her manicured hand on his chest.

“Was there anything else you were looking at? A beautiful woman like you deserves to be spoiled.”

“Well…” she said, “There was one other.”

“Why don’t we go try it on? See how it looks on you.”

“Right over here.” She grabbed his hand and led him over. I watched as my sister and the clearly wealthy man grabbed another dress and made their way into the changing rooms.

Women in Tech love to suck cocks.

Several minutes later, they both came out. “You look incredible,” he said as she twirled around. Her tits looked glazed over, like she had barely even taken the time to wipe the cum off them. He looked over at me. “How about your sister, would you like to go try on a dress with me?”

“I’m ok…” I nervously replied. I looked over at Gaby. She shot me an angry look. People think twins can read each other’s minds and for the most part it wasn’t true. However, in this moment I could. Her eyes were saying “Do it. Don’t embarrass me like this.”

“This nice gentleman’s going to buy these dresses for us. The least you could do is try it on for him.” I knew that wasn’t all he wanted from me. I already looked like a high-class call girl in the dress I was currently in. Was that why he approached us? Did he think we were escorts? Well, if Mark was to be believed, technically one of us was.

“I’m ok, really. I can buy the dress on my own if that’s an issue.” I knew my bank balance would barely cover it; it might even get declined. But it was better than prostituting myself for a dress.

“I’m so sorry,” Gaby apologized. “Let me make it up to you,” she said.

“Nonsense,” the man replied. “It’s no problem at all. I don’t mind getting her dress as well. Besides, with that attitude it’ll be the last dress anyone ever buys her.” Gaby giggled. I blushed in embarrassment.

He paid for our clothes and handed Gaby his business card on the way out. I watched as he got into the back of a black Escalade and drove away.

“What was that?” I asked when we got back in the car.

“What do you mean?” Gaby said.

“Everything. Why would you do that? You make good money, you can afford the dress on your own. Even one that expensive.

“I know. It’s not about that.”

“Then why?”

“Women in Tech are attracted to wealthy men,” she replied in a matter-of-fact manner. I thought about it for a moment. It made sense. That guy was both wealthy and handsome. I was starting to think maybe there was something wrong with me for not wanting to.

“Women in Tech are attracted to wealthy men,” I repeated. Gaby nodded and started the car. It suddenly all made sense. Why she had cheated on Mark. Oh, poor Mark. How could he compete?

Women in Tech are attracted to wealthy men.

Everything was slowly starting to make sense.

I could see the complete look of despair in his eyes as I told him the new information later that evening. I put my hand over his to comfort him. “Don’t worry. We’re going to fix this,” I said. “We’re going to get Gaby back.”

He shook his head. “It isn’t Gaby’s fault… Women in Tech are attracted to wealthy men. That’s just a fact. It’s just… something I never wanted to notice.”

A long pause. Poor Mark. He wasn’t wrong though. My sister deserved someone who could take care of her. She was the best, and she deserved the best. Not that there was anything wrong with him, but Women in Tech are attracted to wealthy men, and he was… well, not.

“I’ll see if she lets anything slip tomorrow.”

The next morning, we went to a day-spa. It felt so nice to relax and be pampered. This was the life. I could really get used to this.

“Women in Tech deserve to pamper themselves,” Gaby had mentioned during our massage. God, life must be so great for Women in Tech. Now I see why Gaby was always so interested in programming. Had I known maybe I would’ve pursued the tech industry too. They get everything they ever want; anyone they ever want. The world is their oyster.

Gaby scrolled on her phone while we sat in the hot tub. She scooted over to me. “Smile,” she said, and snapped a selfie.

I looked over at her, she was scrolling on her phone and giggling.

“Oh my god, we look so cute. Can I post this on Reddit?”

“What’s Reddit?” I asked.

“It’s like a message board. They made a subreddit dedicated to me!”

“Oh really? That’s neat. What kinda pics do you post? Is it like Instagram?” Just as I said it, I realized I’d seen her Instagram. The pictures she’d been posting lately were incredibly lewd and risqué. I figured this Reddit would be the same. I didn’t expect it to be even worse.

She handed me her phone. “Check it out,” she said.

I scrolled through the pics. I instantly recognized the first one. It was a topless pic of Gaby, the one her ex had leaked. That was when we still kept in contact, I remember how much distress that caused her. She cried about it for days when it happened… And now she’s proudly showing it off like it’s no big deal?

The realization of the situation instantly hit me. I was immediately reminded that something was wrong with my sister. Over the past few days I’d become complacent. Everything new thing with her always had a perfectly reasonable explanation. I was starting to suspect that Mark was just overreacting. That he just couldn’t handle the reality of the situation. But remembering how upset Gaby was over those topless pics reminded me that what was happening now was not normal. There was absolutely no way she could just explain this away.

I thought about how every time I noticed something unusual, my sister would have a perfectly logical explanation. There was something odd about that. Things I could’ve sworn I thought were strange just a week ago were now perfectly reasonable. I remembered my theory on the phrase Women in Tech. So far, she hadn’t said anything that didn’t make complete sense. But what if that was the issue?

“Gabs, why would you let them do this?”

“What do you mean? I’m the one who posted them.”

“But why?” I said, instantly regretting my decision. Just as soon as I said it, I realized she was about to give me another perfectly reasonable explanation.

“Women in Tech deserve attention,” she said, staring into my eyes. “Women in Tech need to self-promote online. Women in Tech need to maintain an active social media following.”

I blinked a couple times. I was feeling dizzy. The heat from the sauna earlier must’ve been getting to me. Obviously Women in Tech deserve attention. She deserves all the attention in the world, she’s such an incredible person in every way. I didn’t know nearly as much about the tech world as my sister, but it made sense that you’d want to promote yourself. That you’d want to maintain a following on social media. How else were you supposed to climb the corporate ladder? How else were you supposed to excite men?

“Women in Tech should make themselves available,” she added.

I nodded. Women in Tech should make themselves available. Gaby certainly had and her career had taken off because of it.

Women in Tech should make themselves available.

Later that night, I told Mark about the Reddit. He was livid. It kind of scared me a bit, reminded me of the possibility that maybe he was a bit crazy. He gripped my phone when I showed him the pics, gritting his teeth.

“What the hell is happening here?”

I put my hand on his knee to calm him down, and looked him directly in the eye.

“She explained it to me,” I said. “And… look, it made sense.”

“How?” he exploded. I shot him a menacing glare. Gaby was just in the other room taking a shower. His outburst could completely blow our cover, make Gaby suspicious of us. Then we’d never get anywhere. More than that, Mark was starting to scare me. I’d never seen him like this, this side of him, this anger. Was this why Gaby cheated on him? Was she scared of him? Things were starting to make more sense the more I learned.

“Lower your voice,” I demanded.

“How could it possibly make sense? You know your sister? In what possible universe could this possibly make a lick of sense?”

“You’re telling me that there’s no explanation I could give that would make this make sense to you.”

“Of course not!” he yelled.

“That this is so out of character for my sister—”

“Yes!”

He counted on his fingers the multiple reasons as to why this made no sense. That she didn’t take pics like this, and if she did, she would’ve at least shared it with him first.

“Fourthly” he said, “why would she tell you before me?”

“She wanted to post a photo of the two of us,” I explained. “She wanted permission before she did.”

“What??” He looked down at the phone and continued scrolling.

“I said no,” responding to what he was obviously looking for.

Mark was red with anger. I wasn’t exactly afraid of him, but it was still it was worrying to see him like this. It made me realize I didn’t even know anything about him. He was practically a stranger to me. I’d only known him for a week. Before that I’d barely even known of his existence. I knew Gaby had been seeing some guy for the past few years, but beyond that, nothing.

I’d been far too trusting of him, to believe the things he said over my own sister. Especially now that she’s had the chance to explain everything. All the things she’d told me made perfect sense. This wasn’t some big tech conspiracy, this was just a shitty boyfriend who couldn’t accept that his amazing girlfriend had outgrown him, that she didn’t need him anymore.

“So what’s this explanation,” he grunted. “What on earth did she say to you that made the whole thing make sense?”

I looked him directly in the eyes and calmly repeated the words Gaby had told me earlier. “Women in Tech deserve attention. Women in Tech need to self-promote online. Women in Tech need to maintain an active social media following. And Women in Tech… should make themselves available.”

We sat in silence for a minute, both just staring at each other, looking directly into each other’s eyes. I could see his breathing slow. He was starting to calm down.

After several minutes, I broke the silence. “So… you’re okay with it?”

“Of course,” he immediately answered. He looked down in embarrassment. “I totally overreacted. I’m sorry, I… I wasn’t being reasonable.”

“And now you are?” I asked.

He nodded. “Women in Tech deserve attention.”

I nodded back. “Women in Tech deserve attention.” I looked down at my notepad.

I shouldn’t be so hard on him. It’s not Mark’s fault he’s not wealthy. It’s not his fault he’s not enough for my sister anymore. For a long time he probably was, and he’d gotten used to it. It’s not his fault. He shouldn’t…. take it personally. I almost felt bad for him.

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night. My jetlag had been bothering me this whole trip. I didn’t handle traveling well. I was texting with this guy I had casually been seeing back in Philly. I told him about the situation, or at least as much as I could without sounding too crazy. I didn’t tell him about the conspiracies or any of that stuff, just that my sister was having problems with her boyfriend, and I was here helping. I missed being home, sleeping on a real bed. Maybe it was time for me to go back.

Just then I heard a knock at my door. “Are you up?” It was Mark.

“Yeah? What is it?” I asked.

“Can I come in?”

“Sure,” I replied.

He opened the door and came into the room. I could feel him staring at my body. I didn’t expect a visitor this time of night. I was in just a tank top and underwear.

He looked like shit but despite that had a big smile on his face. He looked crazy. I prepared myself for another outburst. If he so much as raised his voice at me, I was going straight to my sister and telling her everything.

“You look happy,” I said dryly.

“Check this out,” he said. “You gotta see this.” He handed me his phone. It was an Instagram page. For Women in Tech, the organization. I slowly scrolled through the posts. “Women in Tech are perfect trophy wives. Women in Tech never wear pants. Women in Tech need to belong to a man.”

I gasped. This was it… the smoking gun I’d been looking for. I was right the whole time. This was how they were doing it. I finally found the Women in Tech phrases that didn’t make sense. This is what I’d been looking for.

I couldn’t contain my grin. I was right! I knew it all along. Holy shit, I couldn’t believe it.

“This is it!” I said, waving his phone triumphantly. “This is the missing piece!”

“What is?”

“This Insta,” I said, scrolling down. “Women in Tech are perfect trophy wives. Women in Tech never wear pants. Women in Tech need to belong to a man,” I read out loud. None of it made any sense. It was all sexist, and ridiculous and proof that I was right the whole time.

“Why?” he asked.

“This is how they’ve been doing it,” I gushed. “They just… they just posted it all online! It’s all here.”

“Maybe it’s because I only got a few hours’ sleep, but I’m not following. What’s all here?”

“This!” I said pulling up an image at random — Women in Tech appreciate pet names.

“Women in Tech do appreciate pet names,” he stated. “That’s just true.”

“Women in Tech appreciate pet names,” I agreed. Bad example. I rolled my eyes in frustration. He wasn’t getting it.

“That’s not the…—”

The door opened and we both froze. Gaby’s head poked in, a confused look on her face.

“What are you two doing in here?” she asked.

My sister was wearing nothing but a pair of blue pajama shorts and nothing else. Her tits swayed as she came into the room, clearly not bothered by what she was wearing, or the lack of.

Women in Tech love to show off their body.

“We’re, um…” Mark stammered.

“Gaby, we found the Women in Tech Instagram account,” I said, cutting him off.

“Oh, isn’t it great?” she beamed. Her tits bounced as she jumped up in excitement. Despite our boobs being the same size, hers seemed even perkier than mine. It wasn’t fair. “I’ve been following it for a while,” she added.

Mark grabbed the phone from me. “Great??” he said angrily. He looked down and read one of the posts. “‘Women in Tech should be owned by men’ — does that sound great to you?”

Gaby’s brow furrowed and she leaned over his shoulder to see for herself. “No, okay, that doesn’t sound right... Are you sure this is the real account?”

“You’re following it!” Mark shouted.

“I just searched Women in Tech,” she shrugged. “I didn’t, like, get it off the website.”

“C’mon, Gaby,” I urged. “You’ve got to admit there’s something going on here. Look at this crap.” I grabbed the phone out of Mark’s hands and pulled up another random post.

“Women in Tech should wear high heels? It’s ridiculous!”

Gaby held her hand out. “Let me see that.” I handed her the phone.

“Women in Tech should wear high heels,” she slowly read out loud. She looked up at me. “Women in Tech should wear high heels…” she repeated. “What’s wrong with that?”

Wait a second — I was almost positive that was one of the ridiculous ones, one of the ones that were blatantly untrue, but hearing the words come out of my sister’s mouth made me realize the opposite.

Women in Tech should wear high heels.

It made complete sense.

Women in Tech should look their best, and no one could deny high heels looked good on women. It accentuated their legs, and made their butt look better. Women in Tech love to show off their body. A smart, professional woman should always wear heels.

“Women in Tech should wear high heels,” I repeated.

“Women in Tech should wear high heels,” Mark echoed. “Okay, well that one’s true, but…”

“Guys,” my sister interrupted with a laugh. “Can we talk about this another day? Steph and I need to get ready!”

“For what?” Mark asked.

“Tonight’s the Christmas party!”

“I really think we should…—”

“Women in Tech need to be the life of the party,” Gaby quietly said, staring Mark in the eyes. He nodded back. As usual, she was right.