The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Unsolicited Part 15

Heather receives an unsolicited email from a fan of her writing. He is a Master and what transpires is fact not fiction. Will Heather continue this budding relationship in an attempt to make her writing even better.

MD, MA, BD, MF, FF

The week leading to Sydney’s party was difficult. Master Alan wrote many emails and I had to finally respond that I was unable to communicate per my Master’s instructions. That short email actually broke the rules, but it was the right thing to do.

I worked from home during the week and every two hours Alexa would remind me that I needed to edge. Quickly, every two hours began to feel excessive, but Mark, despite my pleas, did not extend the time between touching. I also used the suction machine three times a day and it did not take long for my nipples and clit to seem larger. It might have been my imagination, but I do not think so. My clit was clearly visible and it no longer retreated behind its hood.

When I touched, I thought of many people in an attempt to keep me from sliding over the edge to include: Mark, Master Alan, Betsy, Sydney and Lara. Betsy became my “go to” diversion as she was a true submissive and could easily swap places in my mind with myself and what I was being told to do. I must have edged a begging Betsy 10 times over the course of the week in my own mind.

Lara called me on Tuesday and asked to meet for coffee. We settled on a small shop down the street and made a late afternoon date. I arrived a little early and she was already there. She had ordered for me and sitting, we were quickly catching up.

She whispered that she knew what I was going through asking “how is the edging going?”

“It is going,” I whispered, “but I am frustrated.”

“He is playing with your mind and control,” Lara said.

“Yes, I agree and will not argue with a psychiatrist. You clearly understand the mental aspects of what I am learning and going through.”

Lara nodded. “You have a need. Mark has a need. You both found each other and not only met needs, but fell in love. Need I say more?”

“No, that about sums it up, but I do have a question. Is it normal for a sub to want more and more?” I looked at Lara’s face as she smiled.

“Of course, you experience pleasure as you participate. The body craves pleasure and you want more and more. It is very understandable.” Lara saw me nodding as she talked. “Heather, what you are experiencing is normal and expected.”

We then talked about Sydney’s party. “She is very attracted and interested in your development,” Lara said. “Her use of you as a model, I have not seen before, but I can understand it given your beauty.”

I felt myself blushing. After a few more minutes talking and finishing our coffee, Lara said, “would you like to come over to my place for a glass of wine? We are virtually neighbors.”

I agreed immediately wondering where this was leading. I laughed knowing Betsy’s reaction to the invitation in my mind…..”Heather, you know where this is leading”…….however, given the Sydney connection, I could not resist visiting her home.

“So, Lara, are you in private practice or do you work at a hospital?” I asked just knowing she was a doctor and did not work in Mark’s hospital.

“I am at Roper on Calhoun Street,” she answered. I love being on staff there.

“How do you find being a psychiatrist,” I asked being both curious and interested.

“Well, the study of the mind and its afflictions is never boring,” she said handing me a glass of wine. She then laughed saying, “you never know, I might be analyzing you right now making judgments and assessments.”

“I am sure you are,” I laughed.

“Actually, no. You are a very easy case.” Lara continued, “professional woman, driven, successful, and burning out early. You are tired of making decisions all the time, seeking relief from that stress and relaxing.”

“How am I doing,” she asked me.

“Pretty good,” I said.

“Want some free advice,” Lara asked.

“Of course,” I smiled wondering what she would say.

“Just let go. Sometimes you hesitate a bit. Shall we say, enjoy the ride. You are safe with Sydney and Mark would not have brought you to her if he had any doubts and he has known her for a long time.” Lara looked at me as I sipped my wine before continuing.

“I was Sydney’s sub for a long time and in many ways still am, but I am transitioning to a Domme, which is my true calling.” She then added, “you are my first trainee under Sydney.”

I just nodded as Lara was confirming much of which I already thought or knew.

“Your relationship with Mark is special and personally, I would love to follow it in a professional sense. It is clear to me that you both love one another and want a long term relationship, but also are attracted to D/s and dare I say BDSM as part of that relationship. He is an established Dom and your are a new and learning sub. It is a unique combination.” Lara looked for me to say something.

“I think you have described or relationship correctly and we are both trying to build it long term. D/s would be a part of it, but not the central part.” I paused and looked to Lara. “That last point is important, it is not the centerpiece of our relationship.”

“I honestly already see you as a long term couple,” Lara said, “”and I am good at judging couples and what works and what doesn’t.” She laughed, “you guys are good for whatever you decide…..marriage, family, kids….you will make it work.”

“Well thank you for your confidence,” I laughed. “I just hope I don’t screw it up in some way.”

“You won’t,” Lara said. “Just be yourself.”

“Now, shut your eyes and relax,” Lara sat across from me. “Visualize the past weekend and how you felt. Think of what your Master directed for this week and then think of Sydney’s party this weekend. Then tell me how you feel and do not open your eyes.”

I did as Lara asked and mentally visualized all she asked me too. I then answered her question.

“Lara, I feel vulnerable, exceptionally feminine and sexy, and aroused at what might happen or come to be.” I was honest with my answers.

“Is your Master having you edge a lot this week,” she asked me.

“Yes, but you seemed to know that before I arrived,” I replied.

“It is a common and very effective training technique,” she said. “Now why don’t you remove your clothes and edge in front of me?”

I was a little surprised by her request, but then again, maybe I wasn’t. I stood and slowly removed my clothes. When naked, I knelt in front of Lara and began touching. I was already wet and somewhat aroused and that somewhat quickly became ‘highly’ as my fingers caressed both nipples and clit, when my hips started rocking, I knew I was close and stopped.

“Good Girl,” Lara said, “I was afraid you might go over the edge.”

Lara stood, put out her hand and said “come with me.” I took her hand and we walked to her bedroom where I sat on her bed while she got undressed. She was beautiful, almost stunning. When she got into bed and pulled me close, I just tried to relax. Her first kiss made that easy and when I kissed back, the kisses deepened.

“Pleasure me Pet,” Lara finally whispered.

I knew what she wanted and began to kiss down her body. I did not hesitate. I no longer thought about what I was doing. Lara was working with Sydney and helping to train me, so I needed to pleasure her when asked. There was no thinking; it was just reaction. My edging all week kept me aroused and kissing her soft, warm skin just fueled my excitement. Lara was delicious and when my lips rested above her beautiful clit, they did not hesitate. I kissed, sucked and lapped at her clit and pussy until she moaned and her body quivered. It is what I needed and she wanted. God, her taste on my lips was incredibly special. In my mind, I also knew that Lara was not the woman I was made to pleasure at Sydney’s. There definitely was a third woman involved in my intimate tease.

Lara’s response to my attention was quick and loud. She was very vocal. I felt her hands on my head pressing me into her body. Her hips quivered and then thrust upwards to my lips. It was not long before she cried, “I am going to cum,” and then she did covering my lips with her juices.

I no longer thought ‘what am I doing? I no longer questioned my role. When she said “such a good Pet,” a shot of erotic pleasure shot into me. I was becoming a good submissive and a good Pet.

Lara was not done with me. She had me lay next to her and her lips and fingers soon had me on edge again. She skillfully kept me in that space for the longest time. I was literally quivering and shaking, I was sweating, I was flush and I was moaning. My hips thrust into the air and I felt my pussy on the edge of spasming, but she held me there, suspended over an orgasm, but never quite able to find release. Tears rolled from my eyes. I needed to cum, but could not.

Then, it was over. Lara got up and slipped on a robe while I got dressed. She poured us both a glass of wine and we toasted to the start of a beautiful friendship. I left her condo frustrated, aroused, but proud that I controlled my need even if I cried.

Mark had call each night during the week, so I did not see him except for an occasional FaceTime. I followed his instructions and edged as required. Each time I did, it seemed to take less and less time to get to the edge of orgasm. At the same time, I got bolder and bolder pushing to the very edge where one more touch would send an orgasm crashing over me. I was learning my body and becoming a better judge on when to stop.

On Thursday, Lara again called and said that she had something to show me. I was to meet her at her condo at 6pm. I had no idea what she was talking about, but my curiosity was peaked.

At 6pm, I was standing at her condo door.

“Come in Heather,” she said as she kissed me on both cheeks. Lara was dressed as if she stepped out of a magazine. I was impressed. Walking in, Lara handed me a drink. It was a strong martini, but I was ready for one.

Here is what I want to show you, she said and pointed to a far wall. There were pictures framed and displayed, pictures of me. “These,” she said, will be on display, but even in a larger size tomorrow evening at Sydney’s party. Aren’t they wonderful?”

They were wonderful and I was surprised, shocked and stunned at how good they came out. If only I could look so good in tomorrow’s dress. The harness pictures clearly showed my swollen nipples, but the picture still held a very erotic attraction. As I was looking at them, I failed to notice Lara move behind me until I felt her arms wrap my body and her fingers tease my nipples. Instinctively, I pressed back into her much to Lara’s delight.

“You are such a good girl and so responsive,” Lara whispered into my ear. “Actually, you are becoming a wonderful submissive.” As she said that, Lara turned me into herself and kissed me and kissed me deeply.

I whispered, “Lara, I cannot cum per my Master’s instructions and it is getting harder and harder.”

“I know,” she said, “consider me temptation.”

She ran her hand up under my skirt and quickly slipped two fingers into me forcing me to ride them. It surprised me and it overwhelmed me. I was almost immediately ready to cum as my hips pressed into them.

“Lara, please stop. I promise you next time I will cum and there will be a next time.” I waited for her fingers to withdrawal and they finally did.

“You have learned to control your responses well, my dear.” Lara looked at me as she spoke and held out her fingers which had been in me. I took each one on my mouth and cleaned it. Lara sat and I knelt at her feet removing her heels. I took my hands and massaged her feet one at a time. I heard slight moans from her lips and knew she was enjoying the massage. I did not stop until she was totally satisfied and relaxed.

The following day was Saturday, Sydney’s party. I had a morning workout at the pool followed by an appointment for a facial, my hair and nails. I was home by mid-afternoon and immediately edged for the last time before Mark arrived.

At 4pm, a package was delivered by FEDEX. Opening it, I found a blue We-Vibe Chorus internal remote vibrator that was controlled by an app. It looked much larger than the hula beads I had previously worn. There was a note in the package. It simply said, “wear these tonight…..Love, Mark.” Why was I not surprised?

By 5pm, I started to dress inserting my anal plug as required and then sliding the new vibe into place. It fit tightly and a small arm wrapped outside my body that not only held it in place, but sat over my clit. According to the literature, it would provide direct clitoral stimulation when activated.

I wore black thigh hi stockings as the depth of the open back on my dress would show any panty or garter I might wear. The top of my buttocks were literally exposed as I saw in Sydney’s photo. After checking my makeup and hair, I slipped into the dress and heels. Given the nature of the party and because I was not told too alter anything, I did not wear dress tape to keep the plunging neckline close to my breasts. As I reached to put on the long strand of pearls, my breasts were clearly visible as my dressed pulled away from my body. I applied Mark’s favorite perfume and was ready when he knocked on my door at 6pm.

His eyes betrayed his emotions and his needs. I decided to have fun with him and after kissing him whispered into his ear, “God I am wet for you and want you.”

“Good,” Mark whispered, “I intend to keep you that way tonight.” His words turned the table on me. I felt a shot of arousal race through my body. He added, “you look stunning this evening.”

I put a cashmere wrap shawl over my shoulders and taking his arm, we left my condo. In the car, Mark looked over admiring how I looked in the dress.

“I assume you like what you see even though you saw me before in it.” I smiled seductively as I talked to him.

“Absolutely,” Mark added, “I don’t think we will have you wear that to my mother’s party next weekend.” He then asked, “did you get my last minute gift?”

“Yes,” I said adding “and I followed your instructions.”

When we got to Sydney’s, the party had already started. She greeted me with a hug and a kiss on both cheeks, stepped away from me and said, “simply gorgeous.” She added, “I love how that dress drapes your body.”

“It is your wonderful design,” I said. “Thank you for letting me display it for you Mistress.”

Sydney laughed, “it is you on display. The dress is designed to display you.”

We then went in and mingled with the crowd most attired in their holiday finest.

Taking a drink handed to me by Mark, I had to say, “is this the same crowd that was here last time.”

Mark nodded “yes.”

I recognized some of them from Charleston’s elites and power brokers. “Well, they sure dress well,” I laughed. “They have much more clothing on this time and no masks.”

“Everyone is discreet,” Mark reminded me. He then pointed to a side wall where some of Sydney’s collection in photographs was displayed with me as the model. The images were almost life size and a few displayed the very dress I was wearing. “You don’t see the model in the dress at the party everyday,” Mark whispered. He then chuckled, “of course, people are making the connection as you walk around.”

“We walked into the side room where Sydney always held her sessions and greeted guests and there was a framed image of me in the harness. I was on full display for all to see. “Being like that turned you on didn’t it,” Mark whispered into my ear. “Even now,” he said, it excites you knowing people see you.”

I didn’t blush, but nodded my head. “Yes Master,” I whispered. I could not deny how my body reacted. He could clearly see my nipples had hardened and I could not deny how wet I had become. Thankfully, we walked into another room and I was quickly engaged in conversation with Lara and a few of her friends.

“Are you going to go downstairs and see some of the holiday scenes being played out,” Lara asked.

“I didn’t know about them,” I said. “Mark has not said anything yet.”

“Oh you must, most have a holiday theme and they are well done.”

As I stood there, the vibe in my pussy jumped to life and as promised, the arm resting on my clit began pulsing. I immediately inhaled sharply and looked around for my tormentor. He was standing near the bar talking to Sydney.

I walked over.

“He does like to play doesn’t he,” Sydney laughed. She was clearly aware of what was going on.

“Yes Mistress.” Mark smiled as I answered her.

“Let me introduce you or should I say reintroduce you to a friend of mine,” Sydney said taking me by the arm and walking me to where a stunning woman stood alone for the moment.

“Heather, may I reintroduce Amy. She is a developer in the region and a good friend.”

“I am sorry, but I cannot recall meeting you,” I said taking Amy’s hand in mine. “Maybe you were masked.”

Both Amy and Sydney laughed, “or maybe you were blindfolded.” Amy whispered into my ear, “and you had such a delicious tongue.” I must have blushed as I understood this was the third woman in the room. We talked for a bit more before Amy ended the conversation with “I hope to get to see a lot more of you Heather. We had a delicious time.” She smiled at me as she walked away.

“She is a Domme who loves new conquests, be careful around her,” Sydney whispered. “She is a dear friend, but personally, I do not approve of her methods.”

I saw Mark out of the corner of my eyes play with his phone and almost immediately a more intense sensation hit me. The inside of my pussy and my clit where being massaged by his hidden toy. I tried to pull my body away from the sensation, but that proved impossible. As a punishment, Mark increased the intensity another notch. He walked over whispering “behave or it goes all the way up.”

I nodded and kept my hips still as he dialed down the intensity. When Sydney walked up and told Mark that scenes were starting downstairs for entertainment purposes, he took me by the arm and said, “let’s go.” As he did, the vibrations jumped in intensity again.

We went into a room, where a beautiful sub was wrapped up tightly in a Christmas stocking. The stocking was sheer and she was naked inside. A tag on the stocking said “for your pleasure.” A name was drawn from a hat and Dom David was the winner. I had no idea if this was prearranged or random. David opened the stocking and claimed his prize quickly securing her wrists and ankles leaving her spread eagle in a standing position. He then invited other guests to “tease” his Christmas Elf as they desired.

Mark whispered, “I would have you blindfolded so you would never see who touched you.” He was standing behind me and I felt his hand find the top of the slit on my dress. As we stood there, he pressed the vibrating arm to my clit making me moan.

“You are so wet,” he whispered and continued to play with me begpfore removing his hand and pressing his fingers to my lips.

“Lick,” he said.

I did and noticed other Masters and Mistresses doing this to their subs. I saw Sydney with a beautiful sub and took a second to realize it was Lara. Although learning to become a Dom, I guessed for tonight’s party, she was whatever Sydney wanted her to be. Sydney looked over, caught my eye and smiled. She walked our way.

“It is too bad your name was not drawn Master Mark, I would have loved to see you unwrap a gift like that one.”

I listened like a good sub and said nothing. Lara was clearly wearing one of Sydney’s creations. It was a dress in gold and black with a very sheet and low cut top. Lara did not wear a bra and it was clear her nipples were swollen and enlarged. My mind wondered if Sydney had clamped them or possibly used the vacuum machine on her. I secretly wondered what they would taste like right now.

“As you can see, I am having Lara express her sub side tonight. She still knows how to slip into sub space at will.” Sydney reached out and caressed Lara’s nipples through the sheer fabric of her dress top.

“Would you like to tease my pet, Mark?” Sydney smiled towards me as she asked.

“No offense to Lara, but I have my own beautiful pet to keep me occupied tonight and she is being teased as we speak.” Mark then reached our and pinched one of my nipples easily accessible due to the design of the dress.

I could not suppress a moan. Sydney immediately said to Lara, “please see to it that Heather’s moans do not disturb the guests.”

“Yes Mistress,” Lara replied and immediately grabbed my by the shoulders and pressed her warm lips to mine. Her tongue invaded my mouth and we were soon kissing deeply as she pressed her body to mine.”

“She is a human gag,” Sydney laughed towards Mark “and seems to love that role.”

Lara’s kisses became more sensual as the seconds went by. All of us could see the sub being teased by the crowd of onlookers and hear her moans as fingers stroked and invaded her body. She was on display. As I watched, Lara continued to kiss me ina very passionate and erotic fashion.”

Her hands ran up my thigh and she touched me feeling the vibrations running into my body. She broke the kiss. “She is so wet Mistress,” she said to Sydney and then looking at Mark, Lara added, “she seems to take to the toy well Master.” Lara then went back to kissing me as Sydney, Mark and others looked on. Her touches became more frequent and she soon had me moaning loudly into her mouth as my hips pressed into her hand. She was getting me to the edge in front of people. I knew I was not to cum, but the feeling was so good. I finally pulled back and whispered “stop, or I will cum.”

Lara stopped immediately. I looked and a few eyes were on us, but most were on the woman hanging in display.

“She is so ready to cum,” Lara said.

“Well, given the excitement shown by your nipples, so are you,” Sydney said with a smile.

We took our drinks and walked to the large outside balcony where we could see the city’s festive holiday lights reflecting off the water. It was a true holiday display. As we sipped, Mark must have played with the phone app as the vibrations grew stronger. I jumped a little signaling to Sydney and Lara that something was working on me.

“I think Mark is playing with her again,” Lara said and Sydney immediately agreed.

I saw Mark approaching as the vibrations increased.

“If you don’t stop, I will cum,” I whispered as he moved next to me.

“I know you will, and it will be a beautiful sight and maybe a sound as we look out on the harbor.” He added, “you cumming in public adds an extra thrill to our play.”

“Sydney, I don’t think Heather will last much longer.”

Sydney smiled and whispered, “Lara, can you help her along?”

My world was vibrations now. If anyone thought these type of vibrators were not effective, they must not have worn them right. I had vibrations inside of my vagina and another set directly on my clit. When Lara’s lips connected with mine and her hand slipped to my breast and nipple, I was lost in pure pleasure. I am not sure of everything I said or yelled, but I did say, “I am going to cum” multiple times.

I looked up and saw Sydney and Mark staring at me. I felt a wave building, a beautiful tension that I had no chance of controlling. Now others we’re watching. The wave crested as my body quivered. I came and the orgasm exploded over me like the wave crashing on the shore. I was a captive to its power and fury. After all the days on teasing and denial, I finally came. It took minutes to regain my composure.

“Now that was a beautiful sight,” Sydney commented. “Heather is such a responsive sub.”

“If it is alright with you Mark, I will have Lara take Heather inside and freshen her up a little after that show. I am sure she would appreciate it.”

Mark nodded and said, “that is fine, we will be near the bar.”

Lara took my arm and guided me to the wing of the house where guests stayed when overnighting. We entered a room I had used before.

“Please pick up your dress by the hem,” Lara said and I obeyed realizing how exposed I was in that position. Lara removed the vibrator and then telling me to spread my legs a bit, pulled the anal plug from my ass. I immediately felt better. I was surprised when Lara knelt in front of me, looked up and said “do not move as I have been told how to clean up.” Her tongue flicked out and contacted my pussy making me jump. She smacked my buttocks and again said “be still.”

I tried to remain still as Lara’s tongue went to work. She consumed my juices in a fervor I had not seen before. When her tongue directly touched my clit, instead of removing wetness, she was causing wetness. When I said “stop, I am clean,” she looked up and simply said, “I have my instructions.” She did not stop until I was quivering. The next lick would put me over the edge. She stopped.

I whispered a soft “nooooo” as I was clearly wanting the orgasm that was so close. It was not to happen under her tongue. Lara got up and walking to the dresser, picked up a box. She pulled out a gold chain with a delicate “O” ring and clamps. She attached two tightly to my hardened nipples and took the other clamp down my chest and inside my dress. She attached it directly to my clit. I almost screamed from the intensity.

“Drop your dress now.” Lara watched me as I did. She then had me comb my hair and she fixed my makeup before we headed back to the party. From the dresser, she picked up a fine gold chain with a handle and attachment clip. It was a small leash. She attached it to the “o” ring hanging between my breasts and pulling on it, led me back to the bar area.

I spotted Mark and Sydney immediately. Lara did too and led me to the side of the bar where she handed the leash to Mark.

“She is an early Christmas present,” Sydney said, “well trained and capable of anything you desire.” She continued, “the lower chain is attached directly to her clit vs. her clit hood, so pull carefully.”

Mark nodded and as if testing what Sydney said, pulled tightly which caused me to both jump and yelp as a sharp pain raced through me.

I guess it works,” Mark laughed. “So Sydney has given you her final stamp of approval.”

“I have much more to learn,” I answered.

“And you will learn more all the time and Lara and Sydney will help you.” Mark then looked at me, “but it is you who are important not this.” As he said the word, “this” he pulled on the chain making me jump again. He chuckled, “maybe I should take you like this next week.” Of course, I knew he was kidding.

The rest of the party had much more teasing, but Mark was protective of me in many ways. It was clear to all that I was his. When we finally left, it was late and we headed to his place. In bed, he tied my arms over my head and my legs wide. Then he gently got between my thighs and began to use his tongue in a magical way. He had me squirming in rapid time and by the time my body started quivering, he could not delay my orgasm in any way. He sucked directly on my clit and let me explode. He did this over and over until finally I was freed.

Pulling me on top of him, Mark said, “ride me.”

I did. I took him deep in my body and let my warmth and wetness surround him. I ground my pelvis into him taking him as deep as possible. I sat up straight, bent back and let him play with my clit. I did not last long and told him I was right there. I was on the edge. Mark said nothing, but pushed his hips up from the bed, grunted lightly and I felt him explode inside me. That sent me over the edge too. I don’t know how long we lay there before he said, “wow.”

“Yes, wow is right,” I answered.

I finally got out of bed, made it to the bathroom and cleaned up. After brushing my teeth and removing my makeup, I slipped into a soft silk chemise that I had left in his condo and made it back to bed. He was almost asleep when I got in next to him. I watched him for the longest time: his breathing, his movements, his everything. I fell asleep thinking how lucky I was right now.

Sunday AM dawned late. We both slept in. I was up first and made coffee. The first indication that Mark was up was his voice. “What a sight in the morning,” he said. I was still in the chemise I wore to bed and had not put a robe on yet.

“I stayed this way for you.” I laughed kidding him as I wiggled my hips while handing him coffee. We spent a quiet few hours sipping coffee, talking and catching up on the news. There were now two weeks til Christmas. As we sat there, Mark seemed different, almost nervous. I asked him if everything was ok and he answered “yes, of course.” He added, “we have brunch at High Cotton,” so we will need to get dressed.

I was going to throw something at him. Brunch with no warning. Mark pleaded forgetfulness and I showed mercy. Luckily, I had some nice clothes at his house and 45 min later we were headed to the restaurant on foot. I told him, no heels today, just comfortable flats. I checked myself in the mirror and did like the way I looked.

When we got to Queen Street, we turned down Philadelphia Alley, a narrow brick lined alley with plants and gardens screening both sides. About half way down there were some benches and we stopped, “we don’t want to be too early and have to wait,” Mark said.

Mark looked nervous which made me nervous. “Is something wrong,” I asked again adding, “we don’t need to go to brunch.”

“No, I just have to ask you something and then we can go,” he said. He added, “I just don’t want to screw it up.”

Now I was confused. “You can ask or tell me anything and you know that.”

He nodded and then told me how much he loved me and that we were already seen as a couple. He added that no one made him as happy as I did.

I was about to say something when he quieted me. “Let me finish,” he said. As I watched, Mark slipped from the bench, got on a knee and looked up at me. “Heather, no one else will make me happy, I want you now and forever. Will you marry me.”

He opened a ring box and inside was a stunningly beautiful diamond ring.

I was surprised. I was shocked. I was not expecting this at all.. I paused for a moment and gathered my thoughts as my heart raced. I know my hands went up over my mouth and then I put my hand on him and pulled him up to stand.

I nodded. I said “yes.” I then repeated “yes,” or at least I think I did. He got the idea.

We kissed; we were engaged. We were formally a couple.

Mark was beaming and I hit his shoulder, “well done,” I said. “I had no idea, none at all.”

“I figured that you would be worried about Sydney’s party vs what I was doing, and I was right.” Mark smiled ear to ear.

He took my arm and said, “we really do have reservations,” so let’s go.

“Give me a moment,” I said. I looked at the ring on my finger and held it up to the light. “It is beautiful,” I said. “Just perfect.”

We kissed for a long time and then headed to High Cotton. We had something to celebrate.

Over brunch, I learned that no one else knew about the impending and now formal engagement: not folks at work, not his family, not friends, not Sydney, it for now was known to just us. Mark planned to tell his family next weekend when we got in town and that is what drove today’s question.

“You do know that you rolled the dice,” I kidded him. “If I said no, next weekend would have been really awkward.”

He nodded, “I was very confident in what your answer would be. It is not as if we have not been talking about a future together.”

“Your mother will be happy,” I whispered. “We can make this her Christmas present.”

“Now that is a great idea. We give her an early Christmas present and just have to figure out how to surprise her.” Mark sipped his drink after he talked clearly thinking of how to surprise her.

“Why don’t you concentrate on patients this week and let me worry about how to surprise her. I will come up with something.” I looked at the ring on my finger and at Mark. “You really pulled this one off.”

As we walked home, Mark said that he would let Sydney know. “Be prepared for her to want to design a dress,” Mark warned me.

“You do know that Kate will want to know the “when” in the wedding. Have you given that any thought?” I looked at Mark as we walked.

“I am not for a long engagement, but I don’t want to rush planning or our enjoyment. I was thinking next Fall, September or October. What do you think,” he asked me.

“Mark, it is not as if I have a family to coordinate with on this, so whatever you decide, I can make work.” I kept walking as we talked.

“My question was insensitive,” Mark seemed annoyed at himself. “I did not want to bring up family.”

“Mark, there is no issue really. When the dust settles, I may have to ask Kate to help me with some planning as I don’t have a mom to lean on for advice.” I really wanted to get off the family subject.

“She would be upset if you did not ask for help,” Mark said.

We went back to his place and made love multiple times throughout the late afternoon and night. It seemed more intimate, more intense and very sensual. I gave my body to Mark. I wanted him to have it, all of it, all of me, forever.

To Be Continued,