The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Street Justice:

A Detective Lisa Benson Story

Chapter Three

* * *

The next morning Lisa entered Captain Moore’s office. One benefit from her previous night’s insomnia was a plausible cover story all ready to go.

“How did the meeting go?”

“Pretty good, he’s a private investigator who believes there may be some blackmail going on. He doesn’t have anything concrete, but I want to re-interview family and friends of our bank robbers. Although there has been no connections so far, we may be able to track down where they were meeting with the blackmailer. Then, if we’re lucky, we might be able to get some video.”

“Even for longshots, this is a longshot.”

“I know, but it’s all I have.”

“Okay, I’ll authorize the interviews, but be gentle. If you come up with something, let me know and we’ll get a warrant for any security footage you need.”

“Thanks, Captain. I won’t let you down.”

“Good luck.” He said, as she left.

“You’re gonna need it.” He added after she was gone.

It took almost two weeks of interviews and pouring over files and personal effects before Lisa was sure she had the meeting location pinpointed. As promised, she made a call to Walter. The first call in all that time. Even as the phone was ringing, she found she was still undecided about him.

“Lisa! It’s good to hear from you.” Walter said, enthusiastically when he answered the phone.

“I’ve got it narrowed down.” She told him, careful to keep her voice flat.

“Where?”

“Pontiac. There’s a group of shops on Auburn, near Woodward, not far from the Phoenix Center. That’s the only place all three of them have been. I’m going there today with warrants to view security video.

“Great. I could have helped you with this, you know.”

“I know, but I wasn’t ready – I’m still not ready. Please understand.”

“I do. I’m so sorry I fucked this up – but it’s real. I wish you could trust me.”

“I wish I could too.”

“I can be of help with those warrants.”

“I’ve served warrants before.”

“Then you know how some of those rent-a-cops can be when bigger fish jump into their little ponds. I can make it go a lot smoother.”

“You do have a point there. Fine, I’ll meet you at the StarBucks at three.”

She hung up before he could say good-bye. It was rude and uncalled for, she knew, and tears briefly stung her eyes at her childish attempt to to hurt him.

She was there well before three, sipping a latte on a bench in front of the StarBucks. The early June day was a little warmer than was comfortable, but memories of the tenacious Michigan winter were still too recent for her to not enjoy the sun.

“Are you Detective Benson?” Said a large, well built, well dressed man approaching her.

“Yes,” she replied, suspiciously, “and who are you?” She turned a portion of her attention inward, looking for signs of a control attempt.

“Jim Zeigler,” he stated, handing her a business card and sitting down next to her, “I’m head of internal security for Striker Personal Security. I understand you are investigating alleged blackmail concerning a recently deceased executive at our company.”

“I’m going to do you a favor and not ask you where you got your information, but that’s an ongoing investigation and I’m not at liberty to discuss any details.”

“I understand, I’m just here to assure you that the behavior of Mr. Lopez was absolutely impeccable. However, should your investigation turn up anything that may prove embarrassing to the company, we would appreciate it if it is kept out of the media.”

Lisa knew there would be no embarrassing information, but the guy’s arrogance ticked her off.

“That won’t be my decision to make, Mr. Zeigler. Furthermore, the existence of any such information would more than likely be used at trial.”

“That could be unfortunate.” he said with a frown, then his expression brightened, “You know, our clients come in all shapes and sizes and, by necessity, so do our bodyguards. There are always positions for an attractive female operative on our staff... very lucrative positions.”

“I doubt very much I would ever be interested, and now, if you don’t mind, I have some important navel gazing to return to.”

“Very well,” He said, standing, his frustration poorly concealed, “if you should change your mind, my number is on the card.”

“Asshole.” She muttered, as he walked away.

She didn’t have too long to wait before Walter showed up. There was no unexplained urge to stand up and greet him with a hug – she considered that a point in his favor.

After a awkward hello, he sat next to her and got to business.

“So, what did you find out? Who went where?”

“Mr. Phillips was returning from a business meeting in Flint and bought his wife flowers for their anniversary. The receipt she was able to dig up shows he bought them in that shop over there. That was three months ago, two days before he robbed the bank. I’m not hopeful about getting any video that old, generally only banks or casinos invest in that kind of storage, but we might get lucky. Mr. Lopez’s appointment schedule indicates he had lunch with a prospective client in that restaurant, again, two days before he robbed the bank. Two months is still a long time to expect a restaurant to retain video. Our best bet is this very coffee shop. Mr. Jackson was apparently a Starbucks junky and worked at a repair shop right around the corner. He stopped in almost every day during his lunch break.”

“That sounds promising, especially since it was the most recent.”

“This entire shopping center is owned by one entity and they run it like an open air mall. A small security staff and cameras everywhere. There’s practically no corner of this courtyard that isn’t covered. I want to start there, Since they all visited different places, I don’t think our guy is approaching his victims inside any of them.”

“Makes sense. Where’s the office?”

“Over there, behind the flower shop. But first, how, exactly, do you intend to... smooth things along?”

“Two ways I was thinking. One, I could make them so intimidated by you that the mere thought of not cooperating will make them shit themselves. Or, two, if you’ll go along with it, I play on their wanna-be cop mentality, you act like you’re impressed with their operation and they give you whatever you want in order to prove they’re ‘on the same team’. If they’re all men, I can throw in that they are... impressed by your appearance and if you so much as bat your eyes, they’d give you their bank cards and pins if you asked them to.”

“As fun as plan ‘a’ sounds, let’s go with plan ‘b’. But keep the eye batting in reserve – only if we need it.”

It worked like a charm. Unfortunately the hard drives on their DVR’s were only big enough to keep six weeks worth of video so they had to search for and watch Mr. Jackson’s lunch visits, as he walked across the courtyard, disappeared into the Starbucks and then, like clockwork, he would emerge twenty minutes later and walk back across the courtyard. They started with two days before the robbery but there was nothing out of the ordinary. After reviewing the recordings for a week before and after the robbery they still had nothing.

“Well, we could go and take a look at whatever video Starbucks has.” Sighed Walter.

“No,” drawled Lisa, “Something’s not right. We’re missing something.”

“What?”

“I don’t know.” She started thumbing through her notes.

“the second robbery was four weeks after the first, we got both vic’s here two days before they rob, murder and kill themselves. The third robbery was five weeks after the second, and Jackson is here every day.”

She looked at Walter, puzzled, “A four week interval, then a five week...”

Both their eyes lit up at the same time.

“He had to buy a gun first.” Said Walter.

“We want the day or two before he applied for the purchase permit.”

That got a hit. A man approached Mr. Jackson as he exited.

“Hold on,” cautioned Lisa, “it could just be someone asking the time.” She checked her notes, “but it’s the right day.”

“That’s him, no doubt about it.”

“Do you recognize him?”

“Doesn’t ring any bells, but see the look on Jackson’s face? Sort of slack? That tells me two things, he’s gonna walk away with him, and we have more than one perp.”

“Why?”

“See! There they go. Oh, yeah – his ability isn’t that good. It takes a little extra finesse to keep your subject looking normal. If he can’t get his victims to maintain a normal facial expression, there’s no way in hell he convinced those otherwise good men to commit murder, never mind suicide. Not on his own, anyway. When multiple people’s abilities are focused on the same subject, the effect is big time synergistic. You know, like barbiturates and alcohol – one plus one doesn’t equal two, it equals four or five. With a partner backing him up they would have more than enough juice to pull it off.”

“This is just getting better and better. So if you don’t recognize our perp, I guess our only option is to stake out the courtyard and wait for him to show again. Could be a problem if his partner shows up for the next contact.”

“There is another option. I go see our record keeper.”

“Who is that? And don’t you mean, ‘we’ go see this record keeper?”

“We may be loosely organized, but that doesn’t mean it’s a free-for-all. The various councils like to keep track of those of us with the ability – for situations just like this. And to answer your question, I’m not sure it’s a good idea for you to come with me. You won’t like this guy.”

“It wasn’t a question as much as it was a correction, and I can be diplomatic. I’m going and that’s that.”

“Fine, don’t say I didn’t warn you. Lets get a copy of this video and get moving.”

In short order, they had transferred the video clip to a thumb drive.

“Thank you, gentlemen.” Said Lisa to the two security officers. “The Greater Metro Detroit Task Force appreciates your cooperation.”

“No problem,” replied the senior officer, “anything we can do to help. I mean, hey, we’re all in this together. We’re just like you cops ourselves, granted, with a smaller beat, no arrest powers and we don’t carry weapons of any type. But we do have these badges.”

“And you’re doing a fine job. I’ll make sure everyone knows it.”

They left the beaming rent-a-cops and headed for the parking lot.

“Okay, I’ll admit, that was the easiest video surveillance warrant I’ve ever served.”

“See, I’m not useless.”

“Walter, I never said you were useless. It’s just with your abilities, I don’t know what’s real and what’s not. Yeah,” she added, waving off his protests, “I know you said that your power can’t make me feel love, but I’m still on the fence as to how far I can trust that.”

They walked in silence until they were almost at their cars.

“So where is this record keeper?”

“Actually he’s about twenty minutes north of here. We’re going to have to come back through when we’re done. It would make sense to carpool – that is, if you can stand being in the same car with me.”

“That’s not fair.”

“Isn’t it?”

She stopped and grabbed his arm, bringing him to a halt alongside her.

“I don’t hate you.”

“Then why are you acting like you do?”

“Because I love you – at least I think I do. And that’s the problem. Part of me says love should be built on trust and you’re starting out in the hole in that regard. You have to earn it back.”

“How can I do that if you won’t let me near you?”

“How can I trust you when you’re near me? Anything I think or feel could be coming from you instead my own head.”

“You’ll know it if I try something like that.”

“So you say.”

He blew out a big sigh. “What about the carpool?”

“Fine.”

They didn’t talk much during the drive. Lisa kept thinking about their tryst and wondering if Walter was reading her mind. If he was, she decided, he had a great poker face considering some of the things she’d been thinking.

When they were almost there, he finally spoke.

“It’s honesty time again.”

“Shit, what now?”

“It’s not about us – you and I, it’s about my shadow-community.”

“Okay, go on.”

“Look, some of the morals and ethics are different, especially when it comes to sex.”

“Yeah, I already figured that out.”

He pulled into a parking space.

“When we get in there, I don’t want you making any waves. He’s has a live-in girlfriend with him.”

“I’m not a prude.”

“I mean, he’s going to have a very attractive girlfriend. A ‘way the hell out of his league’ type girlfriend. Think about it.”

“Are you talking ‘picture on the milk carton’ missing person sex slave? ‘Cause if you are, I’m going to start shooting.”

“If that were the case I would have already taken care of it. We don’t tolerate that, it can attract attention for one, and, more importantly, it makes me sick.”

“That’s good to know, you just scored another point. So, what ‘are’ you talking about?”

“Bobby keeps it pretty simple. He finds some gorgeous co-ed and uses his ability to get her to move in with him and share his bed. She still has her life, and he’ll let her go when she graduates. To be fair, Bobby’s girls are usually better off. He’s quite the geek and in addition to sex, he gets them to focus on their academics.”

“I don’t care if he’s pulling hookers off the streets and turning them into valedictorians, it’s still rape.”

“Some would say it is, some would say it isn’t, either way, there’s nothing you, or I, can do to change it.”

“Oh, isn’t there?”

“This is why I wasn’t thrilled about you coming. No, we can’t change it. If you start a stink it blows back on me for bringing you in. With your ability to resist control, you’ll be marked for death if you won’t back off. The most important thing to my community is secrecy. You threaten to blow that and the gloves are off.”

“They kill people in the name of secrecy?”

“As far as I know it hasn’t happened in a very long time, we’re real good at keeping secrets. Usually, someone with a powerful ability, someone like me, is used to alter attitudes and memories – sort of like a post hypnotic suggestion to forget. That won’t work on you.

“So... you’d let them kill me?”

He grabbed her shoulder, “Lisa, they’d have to go through me first, but I would only slow them down. I wouldn’t be able to stop them. If you make an issue of this, we both die.”

The truth of his words were undeniable. She knew that he would die to protect her, but he also truly believed he couldn’t save her.

“I’ll reserve judgment until I get a chance to talk to this girl. If it’s what you say, well, I can probably live with that. But that doesn’t mean I’m gonna like it.”

“Thank you. For what it’s worth, realize that most of us come onto our ability gradually, during our mid teens. Our morals, our consciences, are sculpted in such a way that we can live with what we did during those early years.”

“You too?”

“I’m a guy, I’m human. Of course me too.”

“I didn’t see a girlfriend at your house. What did you do, send her out for the night or do you keep her in the closet and only bring her out when you want to wear her?”

“Very funny. I don’t have a live-in, I can’t do that, not anymore.”

“Why not?”

“My job. It’s too dangerous. A few years ago, a guy I was hunting got away from me and took it out on my girl. I caught up with them before it got too bad, but... it was bad enough.”

His voice trailed off, Lisa saw the pain creep back into his eyes. She wanted to hold him, to comfort him, but held back despite there being no alarms in her mind.

“Anyway, I haven’t had a live-in since. But most guys, and girls too, we’re about a sixty-forty split in favor of male, most of us do something alone those lines. The general guidance is, if the person is going to sleeping with someone anyway, and we don’t disrupt their lives too much, well... no harm, no foul.”

“So no ‘mind wiped sex slaves’?”

“I won’t lie and say it doesn’t happen. We are like any other population and we have our deviants. Most of them can find an outlet with normal folks who share their predilections, they use their ability there just like the rest of us, going outside of their league and getting a bit more than their fair share. Most of them, anyway. There are real assholes out there. They’re the ones making mind wiped sex slaves. They’re rare but they happen, and when we find out about it, guys like me deal with it.”

“I don’t know. I still don’t like subverting free will.”

“I’ll admit, we’re not the Rotary, but we’re not a bunch of evil mind controllers running around with our cocks hanging out corrupting high school cheerleaders either. We police our own according to what we feel is a decent balance. Shit! You try controlling a population with our ability, it’s like trying to herd cats, for God’s sake.”

“Okay, okay, I get your point. I don’t like it, but I’ll live with it. Is this why you said I wouldn’t like this guy?”

“Partially.”

“What’s the other part?”

“He’s a randy son-of-a-bitch, expect something. Think of it as... training.”

The door opened to reveal a tall, painfully thin man with a fading hairline and a generally nondescript appearance.

“Walter, long time, no see. What brings you here.”

“Hi, Bobby, trying to locate someone.”

They followed him into a medium sized home with a well furnished living room.

“And who do we have here?” he said, leering at Lisa, “My, my, aren’t you the tasty little morsel.”

Lisa felt a powerful wave of lust wash over her, a near sexual frenzy focused on Bobby. Fine, if she couldn’t deal with this guy by shooting him, she would have a little fun with him instead. She easily resisted the sudden urge to fuck his brains out and gave him a broad, sensual smile.

“Well, you’re not so bad yourself,” she cooed, sexily, stalking towards him, “and I’ll bet you have great big cock that would feel so good inside my tight little pussy.”

“Baby, there’s only one way to find out.”

“Only one way I can think of,” she husked, pulling out a switchblade and snicking it open in front of his face, she kept her voice as sexy as she could, “I’ll have to cut it off and have it turned into a dildo – because there’s no way it’s coming anywhere near me while it’s still attached to you... stud.” she added with the sweetest of smiles.

“Erk!” He looked at Walter, “What the fuck, man?”

“Bobby, I’d like you to meet Detective Lisa Benson, Metro Detroit PD and one in the legendary million.”

Bobby backed away from Lisa a quickly as he could, bumping into various pieces of furniture along the way.

“Very nice to meet you, Lisa... Officer... ma’am. You can put the knife away, I’ll be a good boy.”

When he achieved what he apparently considered a safe distance, his demeanor changed.

“One in a million? More like one in a trillion! This is an amazing find. I’d love to do some tests, everything we know is based on a few chance encounters decades ago, or longer. Lisa, would you consider stopping by some time for some research?”

“Research? Is that what the kids are calling it now?”

“Relax,” chuckled Walter, “you’ve been moved from the ‘hot babe’ pigeon hole to the ‘interesting subject’ pigeon hole. As far as he’s concerned now, screwing you would be like fucking his microscope.”

Her eyebrows furrowed, “I think I find that vaguely insulting.”

“It’s either that or he drools every time he looks at you.”

“Ah. Point taken.”

“Sorry Bobby, official business. Detective Benson and I are looking for someone. Here,” he handed over the thumb drive, “ you can get a pretty good shot of his face in this video.”

“Okay, let me load it up, this may take a minute, then I’ll have to isolate a still and run it against my facial recognition software.”

While he spoke, a girl entered the room wearing comfortably tight blue jeans and a Twisted Sister T-shirt. She was a good six inches shorter than Lisa and seemed to be of an Asian and Caucasian mix. Medium length dark brown hair flowed across her shoulders and down the back of her lithe busty frame.

She was stunningly beautiful.

“Hi, Walter,” she said, cheerfully, “and... Walters friend?” She extended a hand, “Hi, I’m Rachel. Bobby’s nose is in his computer so I won’t wait for him to introduce us.”

“Oh yeah,” said Bobby, distractedly, not turning around, “Rachel this Lisa, Lisa this is Rachel. Everyone happy now?”

“You dork.” laughed Rachel. “Can I get you guys anything?”

“Mountain Dew, if there’s any left, thanks babe.”

“I know what you want, Walter, would you like something?”

“Coffee if it’s ready, Coke if it’s not.”

“Lisa?”

“I’ll come with you, give you a hand.”

“Great, kitchen’s this way.”

Rachel led Lisa into a well appointed kitchen. Lisa was a little unsure of how to start her probe, so she decided the direct approach was better than nothing.

“So, Rachel, not to sound blunt, but what’s the deal?”

The lovely full lips curled into a grin.

“You mean, why is a girl like me shacking up with a guy like Bobby?”

“Yeah, I mean that, exactly.”

Rachel indicated the open refrigerator and Lisa grabbed a Ginger Ale.

“It’s more of a convenience thing than anything else. He lets me stay here rent free, he feeds me and helps me out with my homework when I’m stuck, and in return, I help out around the house.”

“And you sleep with him. C’mon, look at him – really?”

Rachel gave her a dark look.

“He’s not that bad.”

“Do you love him?”

“Love him?” she laughed, “Please! No I don’t love him. It’s a ‘friends with benefits’ thing. And don’t let his nerdy appearance fool you. Frankly, as far as sex goes, I think I’m getting the better deal. Love’s got nothing to do with it. Bobby’s a sweet guy and we get along great. But it’s not like I’m gonna be with him the rest of my life.”

“If you’re just friends, do you ever date?”

“No, and to be honest, I’m relieved not to have that distraction at this point in my education. I’m a double major in math and science with a minor in history and my course schedule is brutal. Since I moved in here, my grades have been a lot better.”

“How long has that been?”

“Two years, I graduate next spring and then I’ll move on. But enough about me – what’s up with you and Walter?”

“I’m really not sure.”

“Well, he’s into you, I can tell by the way he looks at you. Have you slept with him?”

What the hell, thought Lisa, it’s been a long time since she’d engaged in good old fashioned girl talk.

“Once, then it got... complicated.”

“Well, I hope it gets uncomplicated. I’ve known Walter almost as long as I’ve known Bobby and I’ve never seen him like this... smiling... shit, he’s fucking glowing! Since you don’t know what he was like before he met you, let me assure you, it wasn’t this. Whatever it is, you’re good for him – he’s a stand up guy, he deserves a little happiness.”

“I like him, I really do, it’s just... complicated.”

“Things are only as complicated as we make them. C’mon, we better get these drinks out to the guys before they start whining.”

“There,” Bobby was saying as they reentered the room with the beverages, “that’s the best shot we have of his face. A little tweaking... aaand... got it. It’s gonna take a few minutes for the facial recognition software to do it’s magic, but if he’s ever registered anywhere, we’ll know who he is.”

“Here’s your drinks,” announced Rachel, “who are you looking for? Is it whoever is behind those bank robberies?”

“That’s right, babe.” Said Bobby.

“I knew it! When I saw it on the news I knew it had to be one of you guys.”

“Wait a minute,” interrupted Lisa, “you know about their ability?”

“Sure. Why wouldn’t I?”

“Haven’t you ever thought that maybe...”

“Lisa,” cut in Walter, “balance – remember.”

“That’s okay,” said Bobby, “Rachel, Lisa is wondering if you’ve ever considered that I may have used my ability to get you to sleep with me.”

Rachel looked at Lisa, incredulously, “Why would he have to do that? I’m already sleeping with him.”

Lisa opened her mouth to point out the obvious, but stopped when she saw Walter shaking his head.

“Besides,” continued Rachel, “regardless of how I ended up moving in here, life’s been pretty good since I did. So, at the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter.”

“Oh, I see your point.” She said instead.

A chime indicated the computer had run its course. Bobby spun his chair around and began clicking the mouse.

“Nope, that’s not him... Ha! That one’s an old lady – told you he looked effeminate. There he is.” He turned sideways in his chair so the others could see the monitor. “Meet Freddie Sinder, evil mind controlling bastard, soon to be ‘ex’ evil mind controlling bastard.”

“Thanks, Bobby,” said Walter, “What’s the address?”

Bobby spun back to the monitor, “Shit. This is a Florida address. He didn’t report his change of address, these assholes know they’re supposed to report a change of address.”

“He didn’t exactly move up here because he was a Lions fan.” Noted Lisa.

“Pffft! Who does? But you’re right. Still, it fucks up the database when people don’t do what they’re supposed to.” He said with a pout.

“Don’t let it bother you, Bobby,” Said Walter, putting his hand on his shoulder, “his next address is going to be Mt. Elliot.”

“Yeah,” he said, brightening up, “there is that.”

“We should get going.” Said Walter, “He may not be in our database,” he pointed at Lisa, “but he may be in one of yours.”

“It’s worth checking. Nice to meet you Bobby.”

“You too... uhm... hey, sorry about the whole ‘tried to mind control you into fucking me’ thing... nothing personal.”

Rachel slapped him across the top of his head, “You’re such a horn dog.” She laughed.

“Sorry, babe,” he said, flinching away from her slap, “she’s hot!”

“I’ll let you keep your cock this time,” Lisa said with a grin, “but if it happens again, Rachel will be able to take it with her when she moves on.”

“I promise I’ll be good if you come back and let me do some tests.”

“I’ll think about it.”

She moved to Rachel and gave her a hug, “It was good to meet you too.”

“Likewise,” she moved in closer and whispered in her ear, “uncomplicate it – he’s a good guy.”

Lisa smiled at her as she pulled back. “We’ll see.”

Back in the car, Walter turned to her as he started the engine.

“So, what did you think?”

“She definitely wasn’t what I expected.”

“Which was hooker clothes, bubble head and six inch stilettos?”

“Leather harness, but yeah, something like that.”

“Like I said before,” he said, pulling out into traffic, “it does happen, but when I find out out about, I deal with it.”

Lisa sighed, “She thinks I should uncomplicate things between us.”

“She’s a smart girl.”

“Yeah? She also thinks Bobby wouldn’t use his ability on her, or doesn’t care if he has. Are all the ‘girlfriends’ that unconcerned about the ability?”

“Most don’t know about it, but with what Bobby does, it would be a little hard to keep it a secret from her. He gave her something he calls an ‘illogic apathy loop’, to keep her from dwelling on it.”

“Won’t that wear off? I mean, after she’s moved on? What will that do to her?”

“Bobby’s good. Any memories of her time in college will involve a certain degree of euphoric recall which will prevent her from ever wondering about it too much. I know because one of my jobs is to spot check former girlfriends and boyfriends, just to make sure everything’s okay.”

“You mean, to make sure the secret is safe.”

“That’s the main reason. But if I run into anyone having problems, I fix it and talk to whoever they were with and help them refine their process. Bobby’s girls are always doing pretty good for themselves. Well balanced, successful – and that’s the ideal. Sure, we use people to achieve our own ends, or for our own pleasure, but when we do it right, folks are better off when we’re done with them. It’s not perfect, but it’s balanced.”

“How do you know? How can you know what they would have become if you’d left them alone?”

“Fine, maybe we don’t make the same improvements they would have made on their own, but we do make improvements.”

“I’ll have to thinks about that one. In the meantime, Bobby was a little too happy about Mr. Sinder’s impending demise. There’s got to be something behind that, they have a history?”

“Not personally, no. Bobby has a skill that makes him, shall we say, unsympathetic towards what he calls, ‘evil mind controlling bastards.’”

“What skill is that?”

“Well... He’s the kind of guy who tackles a five thousand piece jigsaw puzzle of a pile of nails just to pass a boring evening. So, so he’s also the kind of guy who is very good at putting minds back together. After assholes like the guys we’re looking for are done with a victim, If they are alive, they’re confused, terrified, often a danger to themselves and sometimes others. Bobby has a way of easing the anxiety and helping person get back in touch with who they really are. He gives ‘em back their lives... or at least most of them he does. Every once in a while he comes across someone so shredded he can’t help them. Just seeing the condition people are in when he gets them is enough to set him off, but when he can’t help them... when he can’t fix ‘em... trust me, the assholes are lucky he’s not a field op.”

“What happens to them?”

“He gives them to me. They’re supposed to be turned over to the council, then they disappear.”

“Killed?” Her eyes had gone wide and there was shock in her voice.

“Don’t know. Never turned one in.”

“What do you do?”

“Find a good adult foster care home. It’s pretty easy to keep them safely bedded down at one of those places. I like to think that’s what would happen to them if I did turn them in. I just cut out the middleman.”

He made a lane change and looked at her.

“By the way, are you as good with that knife as it looked?”

“Absolutely, what’s the point of carrying a weapon you’re not proficient with.”

“That’s good. When we deal with Freddie and company I’d like to avoid gun play.”

“Why?”

“It’s noisy, attracts attention.”

“Ah, the whole ‘secrecy’ deal.”

“It’s not just that. Remember, we can’t prove any crime and he most likely won’t be armed. Someone reports a gunshot, we have little to no time to sanitize the scene. It’s murder if we’re caught. If we do it quietly, we have all the time we need.”

“God, you make it sound like an execution.”

“That’s because it is an execution.” He said quietly, “You don’t have to be there. I said at the beginning, you help me find ‘em, I’ll deal with ‘em.”

“No, it’s okay, I just have to wrap my head around it, that’s all. I know why it has to be done this way, and you’ve done it alone for a long time. At least this one time, it might a good thing to have someone with you. Someone to share the burden.”

“Thanks, thanks for that.”

They lapsed into silence for the rest of the drive.

Having talked with Rachel, Lisa was beginning to believe that Walter had been telling the truth about the ability only being able to induce lust and not love. Another point in his favor, but she was still unsettled about the whole thing.

They pulled up next to her car.

“I’ll head back to the station and run his particulars. I’ll let you know what I find.”

“I’ll be waiting.”

It took two days to exhaust every search she could access and then she called Walter.

“Nothing.” she spat.

“Nothing?”

“Not a God damned thing. He has no credit cards, no bank accounts, no cell phone, the only driver’s license in the system is his Florida one, shit, he doesn’t even have a car registered to him.”

“So another dead end.”

“At least we know where he finds his victims. The next step is a stake out. I sit in that courtyard every fucking day until the bastard shows.”

“Am I invited?”

“Invited hell, you’re ordered to be there, do you have any idea how boring this is gonna be? No way in hell I’m going through it alone. Besides, we’ll have to follow him back to wherever he lurks. You ever do a two car tail? It’s better than one car if we want to avoid being spotted.”

“Yeah I know how to do it. When did you want to start?”

“We know he approached Mr. Jackson at lunchtime,” she said, checking the time on her monitor and seeing it was already past one o’clock, “it’s probably too late to start today. I’m going there at ten o’clock tomorrow.”

“Okay, I’ll be there. Starbucks?”

“Yeah, see you then.”

“One more thing.” He said quickly, before she could hang up.

“What’s that?”

“Call Bobby. He’s been bugging me every twenty minutes. And I say that literally. For the past forty-eight hours I have gotten a call, voice mail, text message or e-mail every twenty fucking minutes, trying to get me to convince you to agree to some tests. The son-of-a-bitch is relentless.”

“Are you sure he won’t try something creepy?”

“He’s a horny bastard with a sick sense of humor and severe boundary issues but I trust him with my life and now that you’re on the team, you can too.”

“Okay, that endorsement leaves a little to be desired, but since you trust the guy, I’ll give him a call.”

“Thank you, just do it before tonight, I really need some sleep.”

“You got it,” she chuckled, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

She was grinning as she hung up the phone and dug Bobby’s number out of her notebook.

“Really?” He clamored in an excited rush. “When can we start? Is now too soon?”

“It’s pretty short notice. Maybe next week.”

“Next week could work, but what about now? We could, at least, get started now.”

“I’ve sort of got my hands full with this case. Maybe in a couple of days.”

“Yeah, a couple of days would be great, but we could get some preliminaries done now. Now works for me.”

“I’ve got a stakeout tomorrow morning and I...”

“Great! It’s still early, we have the rest of the afternoon and all this evening. It’s okay, really, I’m used to working non-traditional hours, How soon can you get here?”

“Uh... half an hour.”

“Fantastic! See you in half an hour.”

She stared at the phone in disbelief as she hung it up.

“Good God, Walter,” she said to herself, “how the fuck did you hold out for two days?”

* * *

“So what am I hunting for tomorrow?” Asked Tommy, taking a bite of stew, “Bank robber or Cum Slut?”

“Play it by ear,” Replied Freddie around a mouthful of food, “which ever you see first, we’re not in any hurry to do another bank job,” he glanced under the table where Tiffany was eagerly sucking his cock while he ate, “and we could use another cum-slut around here. Three just doesn’t divide by two all that great.”

“Okay, just wondered if you had a priority, that’s all.”

“If it comes down to a hottie or a patsy, get the pussy.”

Tommy laughed, “This from the guy who insisted that two slaves were enough for this part of the plan.”

“Fuck you, that’s before I saw this bitch. Odd numbers are unlucky so we either nab a fourth or ice one of these cunts right now.”

“Nah, getting rid of the body would be a pain in the ass. There’s always some hot sluts around there. I’ll find one that will put ‘ole red there to shame.”

“Not a fucking chance.” said Freddie, grunting as his cum shot down Tiffany’s throat.