The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Shining Shards: An MC Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Story

Frustrated

Chapter 8: Solvent

“Hesh!” slashed past my lips, and then the normality attack subsided. I eased back down onto my pillow and stared up at my white ceiling. I let myself drift up to it, drift away, and I snuggled into the fluffy comforter. Just a few more hours...

A door slammed downstairs.

“KATIEEEE! What the FUCK did you do to my CAR!?” Heavy footsteps pounded up the stairs and made a beeline for my bedroom. I dove under the covers as he flung the door open.

“KATIE! Get up!”

“Urg, take a chill pill, you perv. Didn’t mom tell you? Some asshole rear-ended me last night while I was driving home.”

I rolled over and mashed my face into the pillow.

“No, no she didn’t! I have a date with Meredith tonight, you KNOW I have a date, and I—”

I twisted toward him.

“I’m sorry, Tommy. It wasn’t my fault, go sue the guy.”

“Well...Man! I should have NEVER let you borrow my car.” He ground his foot into my carpeting for a second, and then an idea occurred to him. “Hey, but it must still be drivable. You got it home, right?”

“Uh, maybe.”

“We’ll go test it, right now. Come on.” He ran over and tried to grab my arm. I slapped him back.

“Out, asshole. Let me get dressed, for fuck’s sake. Shoo!”

He reluctantly backed away and out, slamming the door so hard my posters rattled.

I mumbled and slipped on some jeans and other assorted clothes. I let the frilly white and blue nightgown fall to the floor; why was I wearing that stupid thing, anyway? That accident must have turned my mind to mush or something.

I stomped downstairs and joined Tommy outside. He opened the driver’s door and slid into the seat, grumping about how close to the wheel I sat. I stole a second and looked next door, but there was nothing. All the blinds were drawn. Again.

“Uh, Katie?” There was a strange edge to his voice that made me spin around.

“Yeah?”

“Did that asshole hit you while you were in the driveway?”

“No, it was on Flit street, over by the high school. Why?”

“Katie, how did you get home last night?”

“Huh? Why?”

“Because this car is DEAD.” He slammed the wheel violently with both hands.

“Dead, what do you mean, dead?”

“Like, there is no way you could have driven this thing home. It doesn’t work. It won’t start.” He grabbed his old varsity jacket out of the passenger’s seat and vacated the car.

We stared at one another, minds rank with possibilities. Come to think of it, how had I gotten home last night? Everything since the accident was kind of a blur.

“I’m going to go call Jordan,” I said, backing away. “You go ask mom and dad what to do.”

“Damn!” I slammed the phone down on the cradle. “That’s the third time no one’s answered. Where is that little prick?”

“Shhh,” Tommy said, tip-toeing down the stairs. He looked spooked.

“What’s going on? What did mom and dad say?”

“They’re, uh,” he turned red. “They’re having sex.”

What? Are you sure? I mean, this is—”

“Ya, I know what sex is, Katie. I told YOU about it. They’re having sex, alright; I heard moans and rhythmic bed creaking.”

“Shit.” A weird feeling hit me. I kind of wanted to go hear. I mean, I guess everybody sort of wants to know, right? Like, does dad really pork mom good? Do mom and dad, in their old age, have better sex than you do?

Dingdingding! The high trill of the doorbell floated into the kitchen. I froze; half of my body was ready to run upstairs, the other half was jumping to get the door.

She’s an interesting girl, I’ll give you that. If you think she should go check on the parental unit, read 1. If you think she should answer the door with Tommy, read 2.

1. The creaking upstairs drew me on. Let Tommy get the door.

I tried to climb the creaking stairs softly, and then gave it up when I realized that they were probably creaking much louder than I was.

I pressed my ear to their door.

Tommy was right; they were really going at it. The floor was shaking! I heard a sharp intake of breath, and then two moans and a scream. Then silence. They were done, and I was listening at the door! I flew down the stairs like a madwoman, almost hitting the wall at the bottom. I slipped down the last step on my socks and landed, dazed, in the front hall.

“Hi Katie,” said Tommy’s girlfriend.

My vision fuzzed and then cleared out a bit. “Hi Meredith. Can you give me a ride to the library?”

“Sure, I’d—”

Tommy cut her off. “Why don’t you drive yourself? I’ll even let you take my car.”

“Are you kidding me?” I asked, getting myself to my feet with the help of the banister. “You said yourself a few minutes ago, the thing is dead.”

“What are you talking about? It’s fine, you drove it home last night.” He looked at me quizzically. “Are you OK, Katie?”

I brushed off his concern. “I didn’t fall on my head. Look at it yourself.”

Tommy gave Meredith a look that said ‘I’ll go ahead and pamper the child,’ and swept back the curtain to one of the windows in the hallway. I crossed my arms and took a look.

“What the fuck?”

“Katie! Don’t swear like that!” said my bathrobed mother on her way to the kitchen.

The car was fine. There was not a scratch on its crappy, old finish.

I still didn’t trust it, but it seemed to trust itself. Where should I go? Should I go try to double-check about last night with Josh, or…Tammy! Why didn’t I think of her earlier?

My best friend Tammy worked at the library, and she always seemed to know something about everything…for a price. She never charged me, though, or sent me off on one of her quests; I was her best friend. We did things for each other.

Tommy waved from the passenger seat of Merri’s metallic-blue shitbox as they drove past me, on the way to god-knew-where to do what mom and dad just finished doing. Nice of him to let me borrow the car, though.

So, library it was.

Go to Chapter 10.

2. I shouldn’t listen; what if they heard me? That would be so embarrassing. I moved toward the door with Tommy following a step behind me.

I clicked open the lock and pulled back the heavy door.

“Merri!”

“Tommy!”

I just managed to get out of the way before the big embrace.

“You guys are sick,” I grumbled, and went off in search of some cereal.

I poured and crunched some sugary crap while the lovers made out in the hallway. They were obviously not going to be any help. What should I do? Yuck, the milk is all blue now! Why me?

What should I do? This whole thing with the car was strange. What should I do? Tammy! Of course!

My best friend Tammy worked at the library, and she always seemed to know something about everything…for a price. She never charged me, though, or sent me off on one of her quests; I was her best friend. We did things for each other.

I wandered into the front hall; Tommy and Meredith were still locked in a passionate embrace.

“Hey Merri, can you drive me to the library?”

She broke the kiss. “Sure, hon.” She turned back to a panting Tommy.

“I’ll, uh, just wait in the car…”

I stuck my tongue out at them and slammed the door as loudly as I could. I pried open the back door of Merri’s bluish-metallic shitbox and sat down. The seats were pretty nice, old and cushy. Warm. Eew.

Merri and Tommy joined me a minute later, taking the front seats. Merri pulled out of the driveway and down the street. Tommy told a dumb joke about a spoon. She laughed and took one hand off the wheel to give him a little slap, but she ended up just brushing his thigh.

“So, uh, Katie, I’m taking you to the library?”

“Yeah.”

There was an awkward silence.

“So, how are you?” asked Merri.

“Um, I’m…I’m…”

Should Katie confide in Merri? If you think she should confide, read 3. If you think she should keep her suspicions to herself, go to chapter 10.

3. “I’m…can I talk to you for a minute? Alone?”

Meredith caught my tone and nodded. She stopped the car.

“OK, Tommy, we’re gonna have a girl chat.”

“OK.”

“That means you have to get out of the car.”

“What?” His face started to redden.

“I’ll pick you up later.”

Grumbling, he exited. He slammed the door and stalked off down the street, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. I hopped up to the front seat and twisted my hands in my lap. I wasn’t sure how to begin.

“Is this about a boy?” Merri bit her lip, and that gesture reminded me so much of Tammy that I felt at ease with her.

“Well, kind of.” I told her everything I remembered about the car accident. Then I told her about how the car was in the driveway but dead. “How did it get there? Everything is just so strange, I, I can’t…” I broke down sobbing.

“Oh, honey, it’s OK!” I heard Merri hit the release button for her seatbelt, and then I felt her arms around me. I needed that hug more than anything, and I clutched her for all I was worth.

Go to Chapter 10, section 5.