The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Matt and the Hunters

Chapter 20 — The Hunger

Author note: This chapter is somewhat darker than the rest of the story, dealing with themes like loss and specially depression, so if you find those themes triggering you may want to exercise caution while reading it.

In summary, here we revisit Daniel, the runaway Hunter, and see how he’s holding on (or not) while on the run, and he unexpectedly finds someone who can understand him.

* * *

His food was cold.

His chair was cold.

His hands were cold in the cold air of the morning, but he almost didn’t realize because the entire world felt cold and his own heart felt colder than any other thing he could feel.

What was this, the third city in two weeks?

Was it even worth to continue running away, if he didn’t know if he was running in the right direction? What happens if you run away so much that you run out of away to run to? He didn’t even know if he was running away from someone but he was not going to risk finding out.

His hands were cold.

Daniel sighed and paid for his hot dog and resumed walking aimlessly in the cold streets of an unknown city. He’d been four days in the last city and had started to get fidgety and weary, so he had hopped on a bus that had doubled as his lodging for a night, and had arrived here at the first break of dawn and walked until the sun was out and he could buy a cold dog.

It tasted like nothing at all and he felt even emptier than before eating it.

He felt a hunger inside him, but not the kind of hunger he could calm with food. This was a need, a powerful need of exactly the one thing he couldn’t have, he shouldn’t have. A hunger for the man who had been tied in a chair in front of him and had changed him without even touching him.

A hunger for the Tempters.

“The second he finds a Tempter he will fall for him”, they had said, and they were right. He could feel it inside himself. When he had chosen to not let them kill him he hadn’t know that life could become so heavy, so empty and full of nothing. And yet, he had chosen life and made that choice every day, and that was why he kept on moving.

His feet were cold.

This was a big city, he probably would be able to stay here for a while and maybe find a permanent place to stay. He was tired of running away without even knowing if he was being chased. Maybe this was a place where he could finally rest.

It was heavy, to be carrying all that past with him. He still thought about Reginald and that last confrontation on the stairs. There was no way he had survived, was there? And then what? Maybe Josh had found him?

It wasn’t fair to Josh, to have to deal with all that. He’d have lost his teacher and his training partner, all at once. Sometimes he thought about calling him and telling him he was alright, but he knew it would be the stupidest thing he could do. Josh would need to fare on his own, and all he could do was hope he did alright.

And hope that his track was cold.

And then the morning was gone and he was sitting at a small kitchen having a simple meal he had coaxed in exchange for a few hours of work.

And then the afternoon was gone and he was walking down a street looking for a place to spend the night.

And then he stopped like he’d just hit a wall.

It was... like a silent voice, like a scent without scent, like a light he couldn’t see, but it was there. It was... it was...

It was a feeling.

It was a call somewhere close, a call he couldn’t hear but he couldn’t ignore. The same call he felt every night in his dreams. The call of the man tied to a chair that had left a voice inside him, the call of the Tempters.

A call he had to respond. He had no choice, the need inside him was making the choice for him and he had to follow.

He looked around at the lines of doors and lawns and windows, trying to find where it was. He didn’t even know what he was looking for, but he knew it was there. Close.

Somewhere.

A man had stopped in the other side of the street and was looking at him, and they looked at each other and they just knew the other knew. It was like the feeling of the Tempter, but different, like the Tempter had been there and left and left his mark on the man, just like the mark he was carrying deep inside him. They looked at each other and knew.

The man turned and walked away, and Daniel followed him.

One block.

Two blocks.

Half a block.

One door.

One flight of stairs.

One turn.

One flight of stairs.

One turn.

One door.

Daniel closed the door behind him and looked at the man who was looking at him with a desperate hope in his eyes and then saw the hope turn into dismay.

—You’re not one of them. — he said in a low, defeated voice.

“No”, thought Daniel. “I’m just like you.” but he had no time to say it. His body was still reacting and he couldn’t stop. He was getting close to the man until they were embracing and the call in his body was responding to the call on Daniel’s body, and they were both calling and responding and not resisting the call.

He was not a Tempter, he was a man marked by the Tempters the same way Daniel had been, a man dying of hunger just like him, and yet the hunger was so strong he couldn’t resist it, he and the man were just trying to get in touch with the power of the Tempter inside each other, and even that second hand power was more than they could resist.

He was barely aware of what his body was doing, all he knew was the need firing up in both of them, desperately searching what the other couldn’t give them. Yet he knew his hands were climbing up his back and taking off his shirt, naked chests pressing together... were they kissing? Was that even a kiss? He couldn’t tell. His mouth was doing something...

That was a mouth on his neck, maybe. Sucking, kissing, licking with the same deep craving he felt. There was warm breath on his ear and a voice moaning in the darkness, maybe his own or maybe not and it didn’t matter, not when both of them were surrendering to the same impulses.

He was naked, lying on a bed, and there was a naked body next to him and all he could feel was how much he needed the touch behind that touch. It was like the hands touching him were not even the hands of that man, but the hands of the man who had touched the man and left that touch there, like a perfume that remains in a bedroom long after the people have left.

He was kissing the man’s chest, feeling how it rose and lowered with each breath, with each pant, tasting the sweat on it and feeling how all the muscles tensed with need. He didn’t know why he was doing it, but he was doing it.

It wasn’t even that he wanted it, it was just need, a powerful, irresistible need. He needed to touch that man as close as he could. He had no choice, his will didn’t matter, right now all that mattered was the man next to him and their bodies trying to become one to sate their hunger.

He was distantly aware of his mouth opening and something big and hard going inside it. All he knew was the need, the want that had been eating him from the inside for the past weeks, unleashed and looking for release. He could feel what he needed, deep inside that man with only their skins in the way, and yet it was still out of reach, and he was frantically trying to get it, closer to the edge, closer, almost there, he almost could touch it...

There was a sudden feeling of release, both the man and him engulfed in it, so close that he couldn’t even tell where one of them ended and the other began, and for a second, for just a single second, he could feel what he needed right next to him. He was cumming, but the orgasm was not what mattered here, it was the touch, the feeling that just for a second the emptiness inside him was gone.

And then it was over and for the first time since he ran away, he slept in peace.

* * *

When he woke up, for a moment he didn’t know where he was. What had happened? The last thing he remembered was seeing a man in the street and... and then all he did last night came back to him. He had found the first challenge since he met the Tempter and he had lost. He’d had no chance at all and he wouldn’t have it in the future.

“When he crosses paths with a Tempter, he will fall”. Yes, he would. He was just bidding his time before encountering the real thing and falling for it, and he knew it.

The man was awake, propped up in his elbow and looking at him in silence. He could still feel the need inside him, this had not changed anything. This was not like he and that man needed, it was just the best they could do.

—So… what’s your name?

—Daniel.

—John.

—So... what happened?

He was surprised to hear himself ask that. Not a name, not a place, he was aiming straight for the past.

The man sighed. It was not like he needed to ask what the question referred to. They knew. The both knew.

—I met him... long ago. And I fell for him right away. The second I looked at him I knew he was different. I’d never wanted a man before, but he was just different. He told me all he needed was a place to stay and hide, to... to settle. He told me that there may be some other chasing him, some that would kill him if they found him, but he hoped he could just hide with me and I couldn’t say no. I could never say no to him. He took trips out of the city, and then three years later one day he just left and didn’t come... back.

The last word came out as a sob and he had to stop and gather himself.

—It’s been ten years and I just can’t forget him. And I’ve never found anyone else like him... or like you.

Ten years. Daniel had been living with this need for only a few weeks and found it unbearable. How did he do it?

—So… Daniel, how about you?

He didn’t feel like he could lie, or even like he should lie.

—I’m one of the others.

—What do you mean?

—Used to be, maybe. One of those guys who hunt men like the one you met. But there was a mistake and I got caught and they were going to kill me too, so I just ran away. Haven’t found yet anyone like them, or like you. And this just feels... how do you do it? After so long?

John understood. He had to.

—Eats you from the inside, doesn’t it? Like a deep hollow inside you...

—Yes.

—Most of the time I can pretend It’s not there. Life goes on and I go on with it. It’s just some nights that it gets difficult. But then I found you and it was just too much.

John looked at him in silence for a while, taking it all in, and then sighed again.

—You probably should leave.

Yes. He and John couldn’t give each other what they needed, and trying would only frustrate them both. And looking at him would just remind John why he had lost the Tempter and why his life was so full of emptiness. If he stayed they would end hating each other.

He took a shower. He didn’t remember when was the last time he took a shower he didn’t have to pay for. He dried himself and went to pick his things.

John was sitting in the living room staring at thirteen years ago.

He looked at Daniel as he grabbed his bag and put all things together. His watch, the only thing he’d kept from his time on the Hunters. His pants. His shoes. His whole life packed in a bag.

John finally stopped looking at the past and looked at him.

—I’m sorry.

—No, you’re right. I need to go.

It probably would be better to leave the city and not risk another encounter with him.

—Still, if you’re in trouble let me know. We broken guys need to stay together, right?

A sad smile distended his lips when he said that, and he gave Daniel a card with his phone and address. Daniel looked at him. Yes, that was what they were, broken guys who couldn’t heal each other no matter how hard they tried. And that was why he had to go. Separate, they both could pretend that they weren’t as broken, but when they were together the charade was off.

If a lie was what it took to kept them moving, then so be it. It was better than nothing.

—Thank you.

He put the bag on his back and went out. One door, two flights of stairs with a couple turns in the middle, another door, and he was out on the streets of a city he probably would never see again. He got his phone out and looked for the bus station.

He began walking trying to find another direction, another place to be, a place where he could try to stay. The air was fresh on his damp hair and the sun was already up in the sky. It was a warm and lovely morning.

He felt cold.

* * *