The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Marcus’s Power

Author’s Note

There is no sex in this chapter. Please send all comments to

Chapter 12

The five of them rode in relative silence for most of the way to New Orleans. The girls did do a little chit chat, but not much. Marcus’ mind was on the battle he just went through. Well, he didn’t exactly think it was a battle. It was more of a slaughter, or at least that’s what he thought. Marcus thought of the cool, precise and even deadly moves he used. He was not shook up once during the battle. That worried him a little.

Every now and then he would look over at Jesse and see her smile at him. She, who had got mad because Marcus told her to stay out of it. He told a white lie about why he did it. Marcus was a little guilty about that. The reason he told her to stay out of it, was because he did not want her to get hurt. Marcus knew Jesse well enough that she would have been extremely mad if she found that out.

Jesse had informed him on the way over here that the base that Shain had control over was not completely in New Orleans. It was more on the outskirts, away from the main part of city. It consisted of a very large mansion and behind the mansion was a bunker that most of the Knights slept in. This made since to Marcus. They did not want to take over the town. Jesse also informed him that they only used mind control when necessary and they were only allowed one follower, but the High Council and Blade Runners were allowed two.

Jesse and Kait kept insisting that Shain would be more than happy to receive Marcus. But Marcus came from a long line of disappointments and did not get his hopes up. They were about ten miles from the base when Kait spoke up. “It’s about ten miles from here, we’re close. Oh, it does feel good to be close to home!” She said with a very wide smile and a small giggle.

“Well, the sooner we get there the better, if that’s what makes you happy Kait.” Marcus said and winked in the rear view mirror so he knew she caught it. She did and blushed a little to Marcus’ amusement.

<’Shain responds better to the silent, take charge kind of Knights. Keep that look you had in your eye in the battle today and you will do fine’> Jesse said to Marcus telepathically.

<’What do you mean, the look in my eyes?’> Marcus sent back with a mild smile.

<’You know damn well what I mean. Think of yourself as a cold killing machine and you will do fine’> She sent back with a very serious look.

<’You got it’>

<’Shain just don’t have much of a sense of a humor, that’s all. You and him will get along fine. Just be yourself’> She sent with a smile.

“Jesse, I’ll try my best. Is that it?” Marcus said and pointed to a mansion that was a ways off the highway.

“Yea, that’s it. Don’t drive up to quick. See those four guard-Knights? They will feel threatened.” Kait said with a cheerful voice.

Marcus just gave her a nod and started to pull into the long driveway. It was about two hundred yards long and there were four guards at the end of it and a big metal gate that was about ten feet tall with an insignia in the middle of it. The insignia had two swords crossed in a burning moon and in small but very distinguishing letters the words “Shadow Zone” were written below the insignia.

Marcus had a strange feeling. He did not feel danger in driving up to the gate. He started to feel dangerous though. Just like Jesse told him to do, only he was doing it without trying. ‘This must be what a Master feels like’ he thought with a quark of the lips. He pulled up to the gates. The three of the guards stood stock still, full of discipline. The fourth guard-Knight approached the Mustang. He leaned in and tapped on the passenger window and Jesse rolled the window down.

<’Don’t tell them who I am yet’> Marcus shot to Jesse.

“This is a restricted area, Knight, and I’ve never seen you before.” The guard said with his hand on the hilt of the sword that was on his hip.

“My name is Jesse Budroux. I am Shain Budroux’s sister.” Jesse said in a low but firm voice.

“Prove it. Open your mind.” The guard said simply.

“I don’t—” Jesse started to decline but Kait butted in, leaning forward to look at the guard.

“You might not know her, but you know me. So open up the damn gate.” Kait said in an annoyed voice. She was anxious to be home.

“Right away Mrs. Carson,” The guard said and motioned another guard to flip the switch in the small booth by the gate. “It’s good to see you back Mrs. Carson.” He added as the gate slowly opened.

“It’s good to be back.” She said before Marcus started to move the car down the drive way. He looked in his rear view mirror to see the guard calling to the house from the booth.

Marcus took note of the large mansion they was pulling up to it. It was huge. The lawn was well kept and there was guards on the balcony. The mansion was mostly white and gray. Shain most definitely had money. That was know doubt a result from mind control. Marcus was still a little nervous as he pulled up. But that was rapidly diminishing. The cold precise manor he had in battle was falling over him. This was not because he felt danger though. It was mostly because he wanted to be prepared.

They pulled into the very large driveway, in front of the house. Someone then emerged from the front door. He was about Marcus’ age and height. The Knight was wearing a black baseball cap and a pair of small, round and mirror plated sunglasses that was almost exactly like Marcus’. The Knight also had a collarless black button up shirt that was completely unbuttoned. Marcus took quick notice of the muscles the Knight had in his upper body. Marcus knew that this Knight was as strong if not stronger than him.

Marcus also took quick not of the sword and sheath that the Knight had in his left hand. “That’s Shain. Don’t worry, he isn’t as bad as he looks.” Jesse said with a small laugh.

Marcus brought the car to a stop. Then he just sat there a moment and looked at Shain. Marcus thought it a little strange that he could almost feel the power coming off Shain. Shain was just standing stock still. Marcus knew why he did it. The first reason was that he did not know Marcus. The second was an old rule of Marcus’. Never go them, let them come to you. That way you know were you stand.

“Are we going to get out, my Lord?” Kait asked with an expectant face.

“Yea Kait. Let’s go.” Marcus said in a low and firm voice and stepping out of the car. He noticed that when he did, two Knights stepped in front of Shain, in an obvious gesture to protect him. Marcus was dimly aware that his four passengers were staying behind him.

Marcus got about seven feet away from Shain when one of the Knights pulled a sword with wicked speed and put the tip over Marcus’ chest, right over his heart. “What business do you have Outsider?” The Knight said and pressed the sword a little harder.

Marcus look over at Shain with an arch of an eyebrow. “You know, I really hate it when people do this to me.” He said in a low, firm and deadly voice. Then his hands shot with lighting speed in a scissor motion, shattering the sword to the hilt. The second Knight reached for his sword but Kait interjected.

“Master, tell them to back off! They will be dead before they hit the ground if they don’t.” Kait said a little loudly.

“He means know harm Shain. And if your ‘Body Guards’ knew who he was they would show him a little more respect.” Jesse said with a smile.

“Step off boys. Who are you and what do you want with the Zone?” Shain asked in a low but very, very firm voice.

“My name is Marcus Williams and I’m here to see what I can do for YOU. I want nothing in return.” Marcus said in his trade mark low voice.

“What could you possibly do for the Zone?” Shain asked with a small smile.

“Shain he’s the Son Of Dakrin! Show a little respect at least.” Jesse said with a little exasperation in her voice.

“You’re... The Son Of Dakrin? Forgive if I’m doubtful, but I think I’ll need a little proof.” Shain said in a low voice, ignoring the exasperated look of his sister.

Marcus undid his shirt enough so that Shain could see the smoked crystal with the golden claw hanging around his neck. He saw the comprehension dawn on Shain’s face. Shain pulled his sword out in a fluid motion and prepared to kneel when Marcus stopped him. “Please don’t... I don’t want you to kneel. I don’t want you to be a follower. I want you to be an ally.” Marcus said in a lowered voice. “And please call me Marcus.” he added.

“As you wish, come in, please. I’m sure your trip was a long one.” Shain said to Marcus, then walked over to Jesse. “I’m glad you’re finally come home. I hope you like what you see.” He said with a smile.

Marcus followed him into the rather large mansion. There was at least two guards at every entrance. This told Marcus that Shain was very careful. “I’m glad you’re here Marcus. I must say that you have impeccable timing. I have a meeting with the Dark Knights in about an hour. For some reason they are very eager for peace. You would not know why they are being flexible all of the sudden, would you?” He asked with an almost knowing smile.

“Could be he wasted to of their Knights in less time than It takes to blink... Without using a blade I might add.” Jesse said and slid an arm around Marcus’ waist.

“You should see him with a blade Shain, the only person that I’ve seen that comes close is you.” Kait side with a second proud smile.

“Is that so... Let’s go to my den. I’ll introduce you to my first in command. You might appreciate his skill.” Shain said with a slight grin and led the way.

<’I know the first in command... He is going to challenge you by Right Of Steal. It’s a test to prove yourself. Please don’t be angry with Shain... He’s just careful and he wants to make sure you are who you say you are’> Jesse sent to Marcus telepathically.

<’Are you telling me that I have traveled seven hundred miles to be tested?! What the fuck, Jesse? Angry? No, I’m not angry. I’m severely pissed!’> He shot back the thought to Jesse so hard that she had to stop walking because her head was dizzy.

“Jesse, are you alright?” Shain asked with a concerned look on his face.

“I’m fine. Really.” <’Shain, don’t push him. He’ll snap, I know he will’> She sent to Shain with a worried face.

<’Relax’> “Here we are.” Shain said as he opened up a door to reveal a rather large room that had a pool table and three Knights in it.

Marcus knew right away that two of them were Masters. He could tell which one was Shain’s first in command right away as well. He was a young man about the age of 24. He had long black bangs that somewhat covered part of his shades. Marcus could see the ripples in his forearm when he hit the cue ball. Marcus was curious despite himself. He wanted to know how good a Master was and apparently he was to find out.

“Johnny, come over here for a minute. I want you to meet someone.” Shain said as he lowered his shades a little.

“So who is it?” Johnny asked, Marcus could tell that Shain already had told him and he was just going through some protocol.

“This is Marcus Williams, Son Of Dakrin.” Shain said in a low but firm voice and watched Marcus lower his shades. What he seen in those eyes almost made him have second thoughts. Almost.

“Son Of Dakrin, huh? Well If you’re really the Son Of Dakrin, then you won’t mind a small test, will ya?” Johnny asked with sarcasm in his voice.

“What kind of guest would I be if I declined? Ready when you are, sport.” Marcus said, pulling his sword with a swift motion.

“Marcus, don’t fight him. Not like this. Not when you’re angry. I seen what you did to the Dark Knights just because they threatened me. Please.” Jesse said with pleading eyes.

“Relax Love. I’m in full control. I think I will like this... What did you call it? Trial by Steal. It may be fun.” He said with absolutely no humor in his voice.

“You told him on the way here what I would do?” Shain asked in an amused voice.

“No, I told him in the hall. Shain, if Johnny dies it’s you’re fault. Marcus has only been using a sword two days.” She said with a stern voice Shain was not used to, coming from his sister anyway.

“Well if that’s the case, Son Of Dakrin or not, Johnny will disarm him quick. Nobody can Master a sword that quick.” Shain said with a quark of a grin.

Marcus reflected on what he felt for a brief moment. His anger seemed to almost fuel his Kinetics. It felt like he was running on jet fuel. It was hard for him to stay still. “Well, Johnny, are we gonna do this or are you just gonna stare at me?” Marcus said with a wicked smile.

“You’re awful cocky for someone that has only used a sword for two days.” Johnny said as he rolled up his sleeves and pulled his blade.

That was when Kait popped in the conversation. “Watch it Johnny. You would be wise not to underestimate him. He’s the real deal.” Kait quipped. And Marcus seen the first signs of doubt start to creep into Johnny’s face.

“Come on big boy, let’s see what you got.” Marcus said and spun his sword once.

Johnny looked at Shain for final conformation and bounced into attack. His sword was quick, Marcus noticed. Johnny had ten times more skill than those foolish Knights he fought before. Marcus’ fascination was quickly being replaced by amusement. Johnny tried several attacks, but they were to no avail. Marcus stayed purely on defense and tested Johnny’s attack form. Then without notice Marcus quit using his sword. Johnny would strike and Marcus would move with unnatural speed, avoiding the blade by mere inches. Marcus could not help but smile at Johnny’s efforts. The boy was good.

Marcus caught a brief look at Shain’s face in between dodging the blade. It was one of amusement. Shain thought Marcus was putting all he had into this fight. He thought Marcus did not know how to shift from defense to offense. His sister, Jesse, knew better though. She just had a shit eating grin on her face. Shain looked over at her and became a little confused. So he sent her a thought.

<’What’s so funny sis? You obviously found the wrong Son Of Dakrin’> The thought said.

Jesse did not bother with a reply. Instead she laughed and said rather loudly. “Quit playing with him and take his damn sword, you big show off.” And that was followed by a wave of warm laughter.

With that, Marcus raised his sword and went on the offense. With full speed. Johnny actually kept up for a few seconds, which surprised Marcus. But Marcus hit the hilt of his sword and it flew out of his hand, right across the room and Jesse caught it in mid-air. Marcus then swung his sword with lighting speed and stopped it centimeters from Johnny’s neck. Johnny had a look of almost comic surprise on his face.

Marcus never moved his blade from Johnny’s neck when he spoke. “I thought a Shadow Master would know rule number one.” He said with a slight grin.

“Which is?” Johnny asked nervously since the blade was beside his neck.

“Never, under any circumstances, underestimate an opponent. You would be wise to remember that.” He said this in barely a whisper.

Then Marcus’ attention was drawn back to the slow clapping hands of Shain. “I’m sorry I put you through that Marcus, but it was necessary. You don’t know how many Knights claim to be the Son Of Dakrin. You do understand don’t you?” Shain asked with an apologetic look.

Marcus caught on all to quick and understood perfectly. “I don’t only understand, but I respect you more now than I did before.” Marcus said and removed the sword from Johnny’s neck and sheathed it in one motion.

“Why would you respect me more?” Shain asked, his curiosity peaking.

“I don’t really like the idea of people following me blindly. I want to get one thing straight, before we go any further.” Marcus said in a low voice with his shades lowered so that Shain could see his icy blue eyes.

“And that would be?” Shain asked taking a seat on the sofa that was against the wall. Marcus noticed that it was very expensive leather sofa at that.

“I’m not going to lie to you, Shain. I really am a novice to this game. But even as a novice I have been unmatched in every fight I’ve been in. I take it though, that I am better than most since I beat your first in command fairly easily,” Marcus started as he took a seat on the arm of the sofa. “I still have a lot to learn before I take my father’s place in New Mexico and from what I’ve heard of you, you’re just the person to teach me.” He said in a low, low voice. He hated asking for favors.

“You want me to teach you, the Son Of Dakrin, the ways of Shadow?” Shain said with a faint smile as if it were almost preposterous and out of the question to train someone that is destined for such greatness as Marcus.

“Look Shain, your sister taught me everything I know about a sword and I have this sneaking feeling that you know a hell of a lot more than she does when it comes to battle,” He looked over at Jesse then and said, “Know offense, Love.” Then he turned back to Shain and said, “Besides, when I pulled up here, I could tell that you were probably better than I was with a sword. Just imagine how good I could be as your student.”

“I’ll do it if you wish Marcus. But you are destined to lead us. Not me to lead you. It’s sort of like the student teaching the Master.” Shain said with a hint of a real smile.

“I give you my word, that when I feel I’m ready for New Mexico and the Real Zone, I will lead you in a glorious battle and win with as little causalities as possible... And I know you don’t know me well, but I don’t give my word lightly.” He said this with a low voice and his eyes showed a serious glare that Shain rarely seen.

“It would be my Honer to teach you what I know.... And since you so easily beat my best Knight, I guess I’ll have to be your sparing partner,” He said, and Marcus seen the small blush of Johnny. “So what do you want to do first?”

“Well, if you have a spare room I’d like to get settled in before the meeting with the Dark Knights. Then I want to have a serious conversation. They put a hit on Jesse. I’m still a little pissed about that.” Marcus said, and Shain could see the fire in Marcus’ eyes.

“That can be done and I agree with a you on the fact that they made a very stupid move putting a hit on my sister... But remember this, this meeting is a peaceful one. When we call peaceful meetings we try to keep our words.. Unless they make the first move.” Shain said, his face turned red with anger that they tried that.

“I’m going to give you some advice that you might have heard before. There is only peace on the other side of war. I plan to annihilate them.” Marcus said with a deadly voice that almost made Jesse flinch.

“I was sort of hoping you would say that. The first reason is for my sister. The second is because the Dark Knights are not famous for keeping there words.” He said with a slight bow of the head that said he agreed with Marcus.

“One other thing, about the sleeping arrangements. I want Jess in my room and Kait in the closest room near mine... Yea, I sort of grown a little attached to your sister. And Kait is one hell of a good sword fighter, that I trust completely, for some reason.” Marcus said and noticed Kait’s slight blush. He knew that she thought it would be a great honer to be the body guard of the Son Of Dakrin.

“As far as my sister is concerned, I’m pretty sure that she would have asked if you hadn’t. Plus, I think she could do a lot worse than you Marcus... But about Kait, are you sure? I have better Blade Runners that could guard you.” Shain said with a slight bit of amusement in his voice.

“Yea, I know. But I’ve seen her fight and I know her. I trust her and above all she is very loyal, plus she knows me a little better. So that leaves less chance that she will annoy me. The latter is the main reason.” He said this with a smile as he stood up.

“Oh, Johnny, I apologize for showing off with you. I just don’t like being tested. You are the best I’ve been up against so far, if that makes you feel better.” Marcus said and looked at him with a face of a genuine apologetic look.

“No, I apologize for doubting you. I wish we did not have to go through them tests... But can you imagine the havoc an impersonator would cause?” He said and placed his fist over his heart to show that he meant the apology.

Marcus nodded his acceptance. Then turned back to Shain. “So how many Dark Masters will be here later?” He asked with a serious expression.

“There will be two Masters and six Knights. Their high Council never comes to see us. The think as badly of us as we do of them.” Shain said with a small chuckle.

“Well, if it’s alright with you, I would like to get settled into my room... Oh yea, were are you putting Sara and Tomas?” Marcus asked as he pushed up his shades

“They will be sleeping in the bunker with the rest of the Knights. If that’s alright with you,” Shain said as he buttoned up his shirt. I’ll have Kait pick you out a couple of rooms from upstairs and if you’re not down I’ll call you when the Darkies arrive. " Shain added, talking about the Dark Knights.

“Sound’s like a plan to me.” Marcus said, putting an arm around Jesse and motioning for Kait to lead the way.

“See you in about a half hour.” Shain said, then placed his fist over his heart to show respect. Marcus did the same in return.

“Follow me, my Lord. I’ll take to you’re room...” She said as she tugged on his sleeve gently, a smile adorning her face that was most beautiful.

“Ok, pretty lady, lead the way.” Marcus said as he poked her in the ribs and she giggled and blushed. Marcus caught a moment of jealousy in Jesse’s face when he done that. But it disappeared quickly though.

Marcus had a remedy for this though. He just reached out and wrapped a arm around Jesse and pulled her close as they followed Jesse out of the den. She snuggled in close as they walked. They passed two or three female Knights on the way up the stairs. The look on Jesse’s face said that Marcus belonged to her, so back off!

After they made their way up the long stair case and ran into a hall that was full of rooms. There rooms were at the end of it. Kait opened up the last door on the right, and they walked in. Marcus really did not care about fancy things, but if he did, that room would have been perfect. there was a king sized bed that had bed posts rising six feet in the air with veils hanging on them. This was so the bed was barely visible.

“Is the room to your liking, my Lord?” Kait asked with and expectant look on her face.

“The room is perfect Kait. Can you have someone send up our clothes?” Marcus would have asked for a computer to put his notes on. But there was a computer that was sitting in the corner of the room on a big oak desk. For some reason, Marcus’ mind was starting to make new Shadow Law in his head.

“Right away my Lord. If you need me, I’ll be straight across the hall. Some Knights will have your things here shortly.” She said. Kait had sent a telepathic signal to the Knights to bring their cloths.

“Well, my Love,” Marcus said and took Jesse into a warm embrace. “I guess this is home for now.” He said and kissed her lightly on the lips as Kait closed their door.

“You look worried Marcus. What’s up?” Jesse asked with a concerned look.

“I’m I that transparent?” Marcus asked with a weak smile.

“Only to me, Love. Tell me what’s wrong.” She said and traced his jaw line with tender finger tips.

“Do I look like a person that should lead an army?” He asked in almost a whisper.

“If you would have asked me that two days ago, I would have said no.... But now... Marcus, your skill is unmatched and you’re as sharp as a razor. Yes, you could run an army.” Jesse said with a warm smile and kissed his lips gently.

Marcus pulled away from her then, gently and with a smile. “I’m glad you said that, because I’m about to start a war. Every Dark Knight that does not lay down his sword will be slaughtered. I’m doing this for two reasons. The first is, I don’t like the way the Dark Knights think and the second is, I want to see how good we are before we go up against the Zone.” He said this in a low but deadly voice. His confidence had returned.

“You said so yourself, there is only peace on the other side of war. Marcus, with you here, they have no chance.” Jesse said and put an arm around his shoulder.

“I hope you’re right, Jess. I really hope you’re right.” He said in a mumble.

Marcus was having a little doubt, but not much. He knew that he was doing this partly because they tried to kill Jesse, but another part of him was doing this because he knew that it had to be done. There are very few things that Marcus held dear in this world. He wanted to build something that was good. He wanted an empire that would keep the majority of his kind safe. A place that he could truly call home...