The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Growing Up With Beth

© Copyright 1999 by artie

This work may not be reposted or redistributed without the prior express written permission of the author.

A work of fiction, meant for adults. Read something else if you are not an adult, or are offended by stories with sexual content. Then again, if all you’re looking for is in-out, in-out, in-out, you should probably read something else. I welcome constructive comments. Enjoy.

Part 4—Rough Roads

I got out of the car and looked for Karen. We were a bit early; I waited for her.

“Good morning,” I said as she walked up. “Sleep well?”

She smiled and gave me her arm. “Yes. How’s your throat today?”

I cleared it experimentally. “Not too bad. Pretty colors, though.”

We stopped and I let her look. I had purple and blue handprints on my neck. She shook her head.

I dug out Emily’s card and handed it to her.

“Karen, the woman I got a ride from is a psychiatrist. I’ve been seeing her for a while now. I told her about you. I hope you don’t mind—I tell her everything. She’d like to talk to you, at no charge. Think about it, but it’s up to you. She’s been an incredible help to me.”

Karen looked at the card, then in my eyes. “I’ll do that, Andy. She’s sure made changes in you.”

I shook my head. “Karen, I’ve made the changes. She’s helped. I wish to God my folks would ask for help. I’m sorry—I didn’t mean to get so personal.”

She put an arm around me. I put mine around her as we walked.

“Andy, that’s okay. After talking to you, I would like to talk to someone about things. I’ll give her a call.”

“And she won’t tell me anything about what you discuss—you can be sure of that,” I told her.

She nodded. We went to class.

Everyone seemed happier my voice was back. Sherry sure was. At lunch though, it seemed like Sherry and Donna were holding back something. Something was happening, something uncomfortable. In physics, we spent some time doing an idiot experiment, and Donna wasn’t all over me. She touched me, brushed me, but she was holding back, reserved somehow.

On the way over to City, I had two approaches I could use. Which one should I go with? Hell, don’t fool around.

“Donna, is something bothering you? You’re not comfortable about something.”

She gave me one of those looks. “You sound like my parents.”

Did that hurt, or did it please me? I wasn’t sure. Maybe both.

She put a hand on my leg. “Andy, I’m sorry. Yes, something is bothering me. I won’t be able to give you a lift home today, but it’s taken care of. Okay?”

I smiled a little. “Thanks Donna. I guess I don’t need to ask what you were going to do for dinner, then?”

She rolled her eyes and moaned a little. “Oh, I wish.... We’ve got a practice tonight, and a game tomorrow night. But there’s always the weekend....”

For as relaxed as I thought I’d gotten her the last few days, she was frantic and hungry again in the parking lot. I held her for a bit, telling her I had her, and she could relax. It took a while.

I kissed her on the forehead. She was apprehensive. I told her I’d see her in the morning.

Karen was waiting. She gave me a curious look. “What is it?” she asked.

“I don’t know. Donna’s holding something back. She was so clutchy, so frantic. I don’t know.”

For some reason, I told her I was free for dinner on Tuesday and Thursday now. She smiled and told me she’d think about it. Had I made her an offer? Why had I said that? I was confused. We hugged before we went off to class.

Math was easy. I hadn’t missed anything. The instructor did mention he appreciated seeing the derivations presented in the book, all the time giving me a strange look. Oh well.

I walked to the usual spot after class. I trusted Donna. And I had the cell phone, anyway. Worst case, I’d buy something for dinner and spend the time in the library until Beth could get me.

“Wilson! Over here!” someone called out. I looked around. Pulled up to the curb was an Acura, with Greg waving at me. He was giving me a lift home? This felt very weird. I walked over slowly.

Greg was on both the baseball and basketball teams. He was a jock, but also fairly bright. He was also one of those student government types. Oh shit—and he’d been hot on Donna. Had he been going out with her? I never paid attention to that stuff.

“Hey, Greg, looking for me?” I asked.

He nodded, almost smiling. “Yeah—I’m giving you a lift. Get in.”

I did, uneasily. As we started off, I could tell he was uneasy as well.

I gave him directions, and then asked, “Greg, is there something I can do for you?”

He sort of frowned as he looked over at me—scary, as he’s taller and stronger.

Then he sort of snorted, and said, “It’s about Donna.”

Calm and relaxed—calm and relaxed. Let’s take a page from Doctor Emily’s book, shall we? “What about Donna, Greg?”

He shook his head. I could see he was gripping the steering wheel very tightly. The way he did it reminded me of the bruises on my neck.

“Andy, have you screwed her?”

I wasn’t sure if I’d use the word “screw.” It wasn’t like being with Beth—that was making love. “Yes, Greg, I have.”

He exhaled loudly. We were on the freeway now, highly restricting my options as far as getting away from him.

“Andy, she says you’ve gone down on her too.”

“Yes,” I answered, leaving that somewhat open ended. Thanks, Emily.

He shook his head, exhaling again.

“She says...” He paused. I could tell this was hard for him.

“She says you make her come like nobody else on Earth. You do the same for Sherry.”

I didn’t have a reply for that.

He looked at me. “How, dammit!”

I exhaled. I might live through this. “Greg, would you like to talk about it?”

He let go of the steering wheel a little. “Yes, I would. Donna means a lot to me.”

“Okay, where would you like to start?”

“What? How? Shit, Wilson—what I wanted to do was beat the crap out of you and tell you to never go near her again. But she told me if I tried, I’d be dating my hands for the rest of the year. She told me to talk to you. I’m talking.”

I took another breath. Talking is good. Help me, Emily.

“I’d prefer to talk, Greg. I’ll stay away from her if you want.”

“No, that isn’t it. She pushes me away now. What the hell do you do?”

Aha—an opening. “Greg, when she pushes you away, what do you do?”

“Huh?”

“Do you keep going with what you were after, or do you stop?”

“What?”

“Greg, if we’re going to talk, you need to answer. What do you do when she pushes you away? Stop, or keep going?”

This was uncomfortable, uncharted territory for him.

“I know it’s hard to talk about. But I need to know, if I’m going to help,” I added, to prod him on.

He shook his head. “I guess I keep going for a while, but I stop eventually.”

Good. Progress. “Greg, this is the way I look at things. I’m not saying it’s the right way, or the only way. It’s just the way I do things. The first thing I want is to make sure she feels safe, secure, comfortable, and relaxed. Does that make sense?”

“Sure.”

“I want her to feel she’s in complete control. That lets her be safe and secure. If she’s safe and secure, she can be more comfortable and relaxed. Make sense?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay then, if she pushes you away, she wants you to stop something. If you keep going, you’re telling her she’s not in control. You make her feel unsafe, insecure. Okay?”

“I guess.”

“So if I’m doing something, and I sense unease, hesitation, whatever—I back off. I let her set the pace.”

This was news to him. He nodded. “Okay, then what?”

I chuckled a little. “Greg, nobody has ever died because they didn’t get off.”

He actually laughed.

“Don’t be in a hurry. Take your time. Let her set the pace. If she’s in a hurry, slow down.”

“Slow down? Why?”

I laughed a little. “Because some times it makes them all the more frantic for it. We want to get off at the next exit, and go right.”

“They get hot for it?” he asked.

“When you slow down, yes. Remember—they’re in control. They’re more comfortable.”

“But then what do you do?”

“Whatever they want, Greg. Whatever makes them feel good.”

“What’s that?”

“Greg, have you asked Donna?”

“What?”

“Have you asked Donna what she wants you to do? Asked her to show you, teach you? Have you?”

“Well,”

“Do it, Greg. Look her in the eye and ask her softly and slowly. Mean it. Ask her to show you what she needs, what she likes. Then take your time doing it. Have you ever eaten her?”

“A little.”

I took that as a “No.” “Have her teach you how to eat her the way she wants. And then eat her slowly, gently, for a half hour or so. Enjoy it. God, I love being squeezed between a pair of hot thighs. If she wants you to rub her back, or her legs, then do it—slowly, gently.”

I directed him to the house. We pulled into the guest spot in front.

“Greg, you want to know the secret?”

He looked at me. “Yeah!”

“Greg, how do you know when someone’s going to make a break for the basket, or stop and shoot? Do they tell you?”

He gave me a funny look. “Shit no.”

I shook my head. “But you know, don’t you?”

He frowned some more. “Yeah.”

“So they are telling you. Try that with Donna—listen—listen to all of her. Listen to what her voice is telling you, but also what her body is telling you. Things like pushing you away, or tensing up—she’s telling you to stop. One of the things I like to do is sit between her legs and stroke her thighs—slowly and gently. After a few minutes she relaxes and opens up. You go too fast, and she tenses up. Slow down and take your time. Ask her. Listen. Then respond, but always respect her, and take your time. You’re not gonna die, Greg.”

He smiled. “But some of them are such teases.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “So? A couple of times I’ve been with Sherry and I’ve eaten her out, and gone home. I don’t mind. If someone is taking advantage of you, that’s a different story. Right?”

He nodded.

“Greg, one more thing.”

“What?”

“Don’t tell stories. Please, please don’t go around telling everyone what I do, or what you do, or what others do. It hurts. Okay? Respect others.”

“You sound like my fucking parents.”

“Greg, they were our age once, right? They went through this, right?”

“I guess so.”

I smiled and picked up my books. “So the next time you see her, take your time, ask what she wants, and listen. Really listen. Show her that she’s special. Make her the center of the universe. Thanks for the ride.” I opened the door.

“Andy?” he said.

I looked over to him.

“Thanks, man. I’ll give it a try.”

“Hey, have fun. Thanks for the ride.” I got out and closed the door. He took off.

I put my books down inside and closed my eyes. Calm and relaxed. My hands were shaking a little. What a trip!

I fixed myself some dinner, and sat down to study. The phone rang about seven thirty.

“Hello?”

“Andy, are you all right?” It was Sherry.

“Sure, why shouldn’t I be?”

“Uh, you saw Greg this afternoon?”

“Yeah, he gave me a ride home.”

“And, like, what did you do?”

“Oh, we talked.”

“Talked?”

“Yeah, guy things. You know, like you girls talk girl things. We talked guy things.”

“Like what?”

“Sherry, you know me better than that. I’m not going to say. We had a good talk. I hope it helped. Okay?”

“God, Andy.... I was worried, that’s all. He...”

“Sherry, it’s okay. We talked, and that’s all. He’s a good guy. I wish him well.”

She laughed. “Andy, I don’t know about you some times. But oh, I know what I want.... You know where I am right now?”

“Where?”

“I’m in my bedroom, naked, making believe my finger is your tongue, eating me like you do so well. Oh God! Oh I want you!” She moaned into the phone. It sounded as if she was enjoying herself.

“I want you too, Sherry. Relax and come for me. Come for me, Sherry,” I repeated. I held the earpiece a little ways away from my ear, and talked to her some more. Eventually she shrieked and cut loose with a good one. I let her recover for a while.

“Sherry, sweet dreams. I’ll see you tomorrow morning, okay?”

“Oh, Andy—I hope so. I’m glad you’re okay.”

“Me too, Sherry. Night.”

We hung up. God I was hot, and hard. I needed.... I took off my clothes, and went into the study where our computers were set up. I opened the closet and took out Beth’s fake fur coat. I held it to me, burying my face in the softness of the collar. I held it to me as I walked into the bedroom. I fell on to the bed, falling on the coat.

I rolled to my back, and grabbed my cock through the fur and fabric. I came in about a dozen strokes, grabbing the tip of my cock so I didn’t come all over the coat.

I cleaned up, and put the coat back. What had I done? I’d been so hot. What the hell had I told Greg a few hours earlier? He wouldn’t die if he didn’t get off? What the hell had I done? I went back to my books.

Beth got home a little after ten. She looked beat. I cleaned up my books.

She looked at me, and pulled me over to the couch. “Okay, tell me about it,” she said.

I smiled and held her hands. That was an interesting approach. I couldn’t use that one with Greg.

I told her about Donna and Sherry at lunch, how I’d felt something, and how Donna acted taking me to City. I told her about Greg, riding home with him, and talking to him. She smiled a lot as I described that. I told her about Sherry’s call later on, talking to her about it, and then talking to her while she got herself off. I could tell that got Beth turned on.

Then I sighed, looked into her eyes, and told her what had happened afterwards with her coat, and how I felt about it afterwards.

“Oh, Beth—I’m so sorry,” I told her.

She shook her head, and held me. “Don’t be sorry, Andy. What you did was okay—you’re human. Just don’t make a habit out of it. And you told me about it. I ought to show you the collection of vibrators I’ve got. I should teach you how to use them on me. God, you’d have to fight the women away with sticks if I did that.”

I held her and nuzzled into her shoulder. We went into the bedroom and got ready for bed. She sat me on the edge of the bed. I thought she wanted to talk some more.

I was wrong. She ran one hand up my back as she touched my forehead. I don’t know what she said, but I collapsed back, never feeling myself hit the bed.

When I was somewhat aware again, I was surrounded by her, and her perfume, and the soft fur of the coat. She was on top of me, impaled on me. She rode me, finally letting me come. Then she held me and rocked me to sleep.

I grabbed her and held her when the alarm went off. Holding is so important, especially in the morning. We both love it, but pay for it by having to hurry out of the house. At least it was Friday!

I hustled into French just as class was starting. I sat down next to Karen and smiled. After class as we walked out, she asked, “I’ll fix you dinner on Tuesday if you like.” I smiled and squeezed her hand. “Deal. See you this afternoon.”

I talked with David about college. He’d gotten a bunch of letters—good news from Stanford, and bad news from U.S.C. He was waiting for one more.

As I walked to study hall, I heard, “Hey Andy!”

I turned to see Greg running up, a big smile on his face.

“Man, do I have a lot to thank you for! I went out with Michelle last night. I did just what you told me. I took my time, asked what she wanted, listened. And I ate her for so long, and she ...”

I held up my hand. “And now you’re telling me the whole thing. What did I tell you?”

His smile faded.

“Hey, I’m glad you both had a good time. I wouldn’t broadcast it, that’s all. I mean, how do you think I’d feel if Sherry started talking about having me on my back, stroking my rod with her hands, and having me begging for it? You want those kinds of stories told about you?”

Greg shook his head.

“Didn’t think so. Michelle probably doesn’t either. It doesn’t matter to me how many times you got her to come. So, who else have you told so far?”

He smiled a little. “You’re the first. I wanted to tell you first, and thank you, man.”

I smiled and clapped him on the shoulder. “Thanks for telling me. Keep it quiet, and see what happens. Respect. Okay?”

“Yeah, I’ll do that. Later, dude.”

I waved and went to study hall. Sherry looked tasty. I wanted to latch on to one of her nipples and have her ride me. We did trigonometry instead.

Lunch was fun, with Betty, Donna, Sherry, and I.

“So, like, did you see Greg yesterday?” Donna asked. I think she was surprised I was walking.

“Yup, gave me a ride home.” I guessed Sherry hadn’t talked to her.

“So, like, what did you guys do?”

“Oh, we talked about stuff.”

“What kind of stuff.”

“Guy stuff.”

Donna was sitting across from me. Betty and Sherry were sitting beside me. Donna stood, and leaning over the table, grabbed my hands. “What do I have to do to get you to talk?” she said.

I looked at her. She’s got a great body. “That’s a good start,” I told her softly. Sherry and Betty giggled.

“Donna,” I told her, looking into her eyes, “I think you know me enough to know I’m not going to tell. Greg is a good guy. I’m not going to tell what we talked about. If you want to know, ask him. I keep private matters private. Okay?”

She gave me a funny look. She sat down. As we broke up after lunch, Sherry slipped a note into my pants pocket. Betty saw that, and giggled.

When I got to class, I looked at it. Sherry wanted me tomorrow. We could fix dinner for her parents—they’d be gone most of the day. I laughed.

On the ride to City, Donna was subdued. I held one of her hands and said, “Okay, tell me about it.” Thanks, Beth.

When we got to the parking lot, she practically broke down, telling me she’d told Greg about the two of us making love—that’s what she called it, making love. She told him I made her come like nobody else, and I was the best lover she’d ever had. She said she was sorry.

“Donna, I’m not sorry. I figure he got you really mad, and you told him off, right?”

She nodded her head. I wiped the tears from her face.

“Well, we talked. He’s a good guy, Donna. Give him a chance. Hey, have a good weekend. Thanks for giving me a lift. Are you okay?”

She nodded, smiled, and then pulled me into a kiss.

“Better?” I asked afterwards, feeling her breasts. She hugged me. “Take care, Andy.”

Karen was standing there, smirking. “What was that about?” she asked as we walked off arm in arm.

I shook my head. “Boyfriend problems. She doesn’t know what to do. Neither do I. I hope her boyfriend does.”

Karen squeezed my arm a little. “As long as it doesn’t involve roughing you up. That’s the way most men settle things.”

I laughed a little. “No, he actually gave me a ride home yesterday. We talked. I think it helped.”

“Oh? What did you tell him?”

I stopped and turned so we were face to face. “I told him the most important thing for a man to do was listen. Listen with his ears, eyes, everything. Listen, show respect, go slow, and let her be in control. Make sure she feels safe, comfortable, in control, and the center of the entire universe.”

She smiled. Our hips moved closer together. “Is that what you’ll do with me, Andy?”

“I hope so. You’re special. And, we’ve both been hurt enough—we don’t need any more.”

“That’s the truth.” She smiled. “Care to go to a movie with me tomorrow?”

I sighed. “I may be tied up tomorrow.”

“Ooh, kinky—I didn’t know you were into that...”

I felt myself turning red. I laughed, in self-defense. “No, not quite.”

“How about Sunday, then?”

“Give me a call Sunday morning. How about that?”

“I’ll do that. Take care, Andy. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do...”

I laughed. She came closer, and I gave her a little kiss on the lips. She giggled, and we walked our separate ways.

I was scattered for a few minutes in math. Then I did something, and was able to focus again. Thanks, Beth.

On the ride home, Emily definitely had an agenda to cover. We dug into some deep and intense things. She didn’t let me catch my breath, even when we got home and went inside.

We spent almost an hour working in the house. At the end of it, I was wiped out. I was covered with sweat, a little dizzy, my heart was pounding. And yet I knew I’d gotten through some tough shit.

Then she did it. With a smile, she pulled a book out of her bag. It was an Intro to Psychology text. I wasn’t familiar with that particular one. She pulled a few stapled sheets out of the middle, and handed them to me.

“Andrew, you wanted a reading list. We’re starting with this. Go over this book, and answer these questions as best you can. I expect the answers Monday afternoon when I pick you up. Understood?”

I looked at the stuff. There had to be seven or eight pages, with a few questions per page. “Yes, Doctor Carmichael,” I said.

She smiled. “Good. Now lean back and close your eyes.”

I felt her hand on my forehead. She told me to relax and let go. She took me to that deep, soft, safe, relaxing place.

When I woke up, she was gone. I’d been asleep about twenty minutes. It felt as if I’d slept an hour. I threw some chicken and garlic into the oven, and took a shower.

When I got out, I threw together a salad. I had some time before Beth got home. I didn’t have much homework for school. But.... I picked up the book, and the set of questions. I scanned over the questions. Eight pages, fifty-three questions! Nothing easy, either. Well, a few easy ones. But most wanted interpretation. Wow—and I asked for it!

I went to my computer and got to work.

I heard Beth come in. “Smells great, Andy!” she called out. She found me in the study. “What’s that?” she asked.

I waved the pages in front of her. “You were right. The start of my reading list from Doctor Carmichael.”

She laughed. “Oh, she’s Doctor Carmichael, and not Emily? Must be a tough one, then. Let’s see.”

After a few moments, she pulled up a chair. She flipped through the pages. “When does she want this?”

“Monday afternoon.”

Beth laughed. “Got any hot dates this weekend?”

I moaned.

She laughed again. “Welcome to the real world. Dinner smells great. Let’s eat, then get started on this.”

We even talked about it while eating. Many questions were thought provoking. At one point, Beth told me, “Andy, she’s not looking for what’s in the damn book. She’s looking for what’s in you. What’s your reaction, your response? Got it?”

We worked until after ten. We went to bed, and I grabbed her. I needed to be held. We went to sleep.

Saturday morning—we did what was becoming our weekend ritual, getting up and going to the bathroom, then scrambling back to bed. I love to hold her, especially in the morning. I was surprised, when we slid together and she said, “Oh, there’s that feeling again.”

After being on her breasts for a while, I started kissing my way down her body. But as I kissed her thatch, she pulled me up. “Not this morning,” she whispered. We kissed, and rolled around together.

I ended up on top of her, and inside her. I sat up, putting her legs on my shoulders, and pulling myself into her. I moistened a thumb and slipped it on to her nub. She moaned and rolled her head around more. As she got closer, she pulled my hand away, and rocked her hips more as I pumped in and out. I could feel it building. I slid my hands up her sides toward her breasts, and said softly, “Come for me Beth, please.”

She moaned and shuddered, making me come as well. I let her legs drop, and relaxed on to her, kissing her.

We got up afterwards and showered. While fixing a light breakfast, she asked, “Who do you belong to this weekend?”

I laughed. “Sherry wanted to get together today, to fix dinner for her parents. And Karen wanted to take me to a movie tomorrow. I’m not sure, with the work I’ve got to get done.”

“Like a suggestion?” she asked.

I buttered the toast. “Please!”

She waited for me to put down the knife. Then she took my hands and put them on her shoulders. She put hers around my waist, and pushed me back against the counter, pressing her hips into me. I sighed, and so did she.

“I think,” she said with a wiggle, “we should work on your assignment this morning. Sherry can have you this afternoon, but you need to be home early this evening.”

“So we can work on it some more,” I said.

She smiled and nodded, bringing her forehead in contact with mine. “That, and so you can take me to bed and eat me until I can’t move, and then make love with me. And then tomorrow afternoon you can go out with Karen, but I think just in the afternoon. We’ll finish up tomorrow night.”

“And I’ll make you delirious again,” I said softly.

“We’ll flip for it,” she said with a grin. With one more push of her hips, she stepped back. “But now, let’s get to work!”

She helped me, but didn’t give me any answers. Instead, she tended to give me more questions, making me fit things together, explain them to her. A lot of things in the book seemed inconsistent, incomplete, even contradictory.

Sherry called a little after noon. She wanted to know when she could come get me. I told her I’d be ready in a little while. I told her we were going to do lasagna, and a salad, and something for dessert, so we’d need to go to the grocery store.

When I hung up the phone, Beth walked over smiling, and held me. I nestled into her. “Sounds like you’re going to be busy this afternoon.”

I didn’t know what I felt. “Beth, I’m confused. I want her, and I know she wants me. Yet it’s so different from what I feel for you. Maybe I should just spend the time teaching her to cook.”

Beth laughed and rocked me. “I don’t think so. Besides, Andy, you have some things you need to clean up with her, right?”

I sighed. We’d talked about it some, making Sherry and Donna more secure in trance. I was thinking about it when I felt a hand at the back of my neck. Beth squeezed me gently and started whispering to me. I let go in her arms.

I woke up on the bed, with her straddling me. We were both clothed. I stretched, then pulled her down on top of me.

“What is it about your weight on top of me that’s so good?” I asked her.

She sighed and held me. “Let’s get up. Sherry should be here in a few minutes.”

We kissed, then got up. Beth made sure I had money to buy groceries. I grabbed my favorite lasagna dish, my recipe book, and the cheese grater. As I was running over my mental checklist, Beth appeared, showing me a couple of foil packets, and put them in my pocket. I smiled and shook my head.

Sherry came in, bouncy and full of life. Beth told her I needed to be back by nine, as I had a lot of homework this weekend. As we headed out the door, she called out, “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”

I laughed as we got into Sherry’s car. Sherry was a little red. “What did she mean by that?” she asked.

I put a hand on her leg, feeling the inside of her thigh a little. “She was telling us to have a good time.”

Sherry moved my hand between her legs. “Oh, we will.”

On the way back to her house, I told her it would take some time to get the lasagna put together, and I expected her to take notes. We’d get that assembled, do dessert, and then have time to study.

She looked at me and said, “I know what you’re going to study.”

Their kitchen wasn’t as well equipped as Donna’s, but it was good. I took shortcuts on the sauce. Donna grated the cheeses, cut up sausage. She’d convinced me to go with ice cream for dessert, so we’d have more time to “study.”

We got the main course assembled and set aside to rest. We cleaned up.

Her folks weren’t going to be home until about six. Sherry had told them we’d be fixing dinner. Evidently they’d heard what I’d done at Donna’s—at least as far as food went.

In her bedroom, I was surprised when she started undressing slowly. I did the same. She reclined on the bed in front of me. “Oh, Andy, take me to that dreamy place again, please,” she said.

I went into her bathroom, returning with a washcloth, and some perfume.

A few minutes later, she was deep in trance as I stroked the inside of her thighs. I let Beth’s voice take over, talking to her, helping her be stronger, and protecting her in trance.

I put the perfume on her, on her breasts, and on her mound. I put on a condom. Before I dived in, I took her to a different place, where she would enjoy things so immensely, be so responsive, yet so relaxed. As I took her there, I let myself go there as well. I heard myself telling her other things, remembering things Beth had told me in trance.

Both of us went deep when my tongue touched her. I was lost in her. I was aware of being rolled to my back. She was on top of me, riding me, and after I came, she held me tight.

We got up in time to put dinner in the oven, then take a shower. Dressed again, we set the table. I rifled their wine selection and pulled out a Zinfandel, but left it corked.

We had some time left. Sherry gave me a wicked grin.

“Where’s the math book?” I asked her.

Her eyes flared, and she grabbed me and pushed me to the couch. We laughed and struggled some, until she pulled my head to her breasts. She squeezed me, and said, “I’ve got you,” and I melted in her arms.

“They’re home!”

I blinked and sat up, clearing my head. Wow, that had been nice. Sherry had skittered into the kitchen. I stood up and brushed my hair, tidying up.

Her parents came in through the front door, making a lot of noise. Her mom called out, “We’re home!” I almost laughed. Pretty cool parents—or realistic, at least.

I walked into the kitchen at the same time they did. Her dad said, “Mmmm—smells great, what is it?”

Her mom opened the oven. “Lasagna?” she asked.

Sherry said proudly, “And we made it ourselves, from scratch.”

I had to add, “Not quite from scratch—we bought the pasta.”

“Yeah, and we didn’t like shoot the pig for the sausage, either.”

Her dad looked around, and asked, “Where’s the pie?”

I laughed out loud. I had a reputation.

“Sorry sir, no pie. The lasagna takes time to prepare.”

He laughed and shook my hand. “That’s okay, Andy. This is great.”

We had a good dinner. He opened the wine and poured for us, telling Sherry he’d drive me home. We talked about school, and about college. They were really happy with Sherry’s grades. Everything had improved, especially math.

I got a quick but intense hug from Sherry as we left to take me home. Her dad thanked me again for helping tame their daughter.

“Save any for me?” Beth asked as I closed the door.

I made a face, and hit my head against the door.

“What is it?” she asked, coming to my side.

“Forgot my recipe book and the cheese grater.” The pan still had lasagna in it—I think someone was eyeing that for lunch.

She held me, and my arms wound around her. “That’s not too bad. Have a good day?”

We went to the couch and I told her about it. I told her of her voice taking over at some point. I didn’t even remember what I was saying.

She held me. I closed my eyes and sighed. We went to the bedroom and got ready for bed. On her back on top of the bed, I sat between her legs. I started stroking her thighs. “Relax and let go for me, Beth. Relax and let go. I’ve got you.”

She shivered a little and sighed. I took her to that soft, safe place, and let myself drift there as well.

I adored her, and afterwards tucked us both into bed. I pulled myself to her, wrapping myself in her, nestling my head on her chest, feeling and hearing her heart beat. She held me, and I let go, drifting to sleep in her arms.

I woke up partially in the morning. It was as if I was still in a dream. But the sensations were so intense. I could hear her voice, but it was coming from far away, and I couldn’t really understand her, or I didn’t have to. So intense.

Waves of sensation took me, her weight on top of me, the hot slippery sweat of her skin, her nipple filling my mouth, and pumping deep within her, filling her, and then drifting off again.

I stretched in bed, rolling over. I looked up to see her standing by the bed in her robe, a towel wrapped around her head. She was holding a cup of coffee. “Good morning. Sleep well?”

I sighed and smiled. “I think so. That was quite a dream I woke up to this morning!”

She sat on the bed. “Like that?”

I nodded. “Like last night?”

I saw the shudder run down her. “Andy, that was great. Did you plan that?”

I shook my head, sitting up. “Nope. It happened. A lot of it was your voice. Does my voice do that far away thing? This morning I could feel you on top of me, but your voice sounded so far away. So far away, yet touching something deep inside me.... Beth?”

She shook her head. She looked a little spaced out. She smiled. “Andy, that ‘far away thing’ is a good indication of deep trance. Once you’ve gotten a person into trance once, an easy way to take them back is to get them to remember the sensations.”

She stood up quickly. “God, that’s strong. Why don’t you get up and shower?” I’ll fix us something, and then we can get back to your assignment. Assignments before assignations!”

I moaned, but got out of bed. We had a light breakfast, and pretty much polished off the rest of the questions. I felt I’d learned something in the process, so I started revising some of the answers I’d written earlier.

Karen called. Beth answered the phone. They talked for a bit. She asked Karen if she could stay for dinner. She laughed a bit, then said, “Okay, see you in a while.”

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Karen will be over in a while. She sounds like a nice girl. You’ll be back in time for dinner. Anything special you’d like?”

“You going to cook?” I asked with a smirk.

“I’ve cooked occasionally. Stroganoff?”

I nodded. “That would be great.”

She smiled. “When are you going to hypnotize her?”

I was surprised by that. I sat back. How did I feel about that? “Beth, I don’t know. Our relationship isn’t on that level, at least not now.”

She nodded. “But when it gets there?”

I shook my head. “I don’t know.” I shook my head again. “I don’t know what I’ve gotten into, with Sherry, and Donna. With Sherry, that first time, I wanted her to be relaxed, to enjoy the relaxation and peace you showed me. It just happened. I didn’t decide, ‘Oh, I’m going to hypnotize her now.’ It happened, and once it started happening, I followed it. Your voice was there, helping.”

She nodded again. “Okay, that was the first time with Sherry. How about with Donna? Or subsequent occasions with either of them?”

Why was she backing me into this place? I wasn’t comfortable.

“The first time with Donna, yes, I was more deliberate. We were alone, and she asked for it—I think she asked me to do what I’d done to Sherry. And since then, Sherry has even asked me, asking me to take her to that dreamy place again.”

I thought for a bit. “I’m confused again. I’ve read the Hogan books you’ve got on hypnosis and hypnotherapy. I didn’t hypnotize them, I helped them go there; I guided them—all hypnosis is self-hypnosis, or so the books say. Was what I’ve been doing more guided imagery or relaxation? I haven’t been giving them posthypnotic suggestions, or some of the other things...” I almost said, “that you’ve done to me.”

She smiled and shook her head again. “Ah, but you have, even if you don’t consciously think you did. I’ll bet that at some point, you used a particular phrase, or tone of voice, or both.”

I nodded. “You’re right—as usual. I say, ‘Relax and enjoy,’ as I slide my fingertips up their thighs. I think with Sherry now, I do that two or three times and she’s there. Is that hypnosis, or plain old operant conditioning?”

Beth chuckled a bit. “Good question but irrelevant and evasive. What are your plans with Karen?”

“Beth, I don’t know! Things are so different with her. She puts me in a different place, or draws on a different person in me, I don’t know. I want to talk about Sherry and Donna. I don’t think either of them associate ‘hypnosis’ with what we do together in bed.”

She nodded. “I’d agree. From what you told me, it was so integral to pleasing them. God, Andy, when you did that to me, it was wonderful. You took me to an incredible place. You’ve given them the self-improvement suggestions Emily and I have given you, right?”

I nodded. “Yes. I’ll have them there in that soft, safe place, and I’ll hear your voice, or Emily’s, and the words roll out. Some times I change them a little, or your voices say something to me, and I decide not to say that—it’s weird. But I’ve given them both a number of those suggestions.”

“And that’s resulted in changes in them, in improvements, right?”

“I guess so. Their parents think so. Sherry’s grades have gone up all around, and I think Donna’s have as well. Sherry’s not as wild.”

“So what about Karen?”

I shook my head and sighed. “What about Karen? She’s special. We treat each other as equals. I know she isn’t trying to compartmentalize me. I’m still figuring it out. What should I do?”

Beth stood up. “Do what you think is right. Trust your instincts.”

I sighed and shook my head. I knew that’s what it would come down to. Now I knew I’d be making the decision a bit more consciously. I went back to brush my teeth and clean up. When I came out, Karen was there, talking with Beth. She looked different, somehow.

“Hi, Andy,” she said.

“Hi, Karen. Good to see you.”

“Ready to go?”

“Yup.”

“Okay, have fun and be back in time for dinner,” Beth told us.

We got into an older Toyota. It was gray out—we might have some rain. I still had money, as Sherry had paid for the groceries the day before.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Had lunch yet?”

“Nope.”

“Good. There’s a place by the movie theater.”

We went to a mom and pop burger place. Karen told me they were great. It smelled like it. We ordered, and sat down.

I looked at her. She had changed.

“Karen, you’re different today. What happened?”

She smiled and shook her head a little, then sighed.

“I spent almost three hours with Emily yesterday.”

I reached over and held her hands. “And you could get out of bed today?” I asked.

She laughed a little. “Barely.... I can’t believe how wiped out I was afterwards. I took a nap in the afternoon, a long bath after dinner, and went to bed early.”

I was shaking my head, smiling with her. “After a hard session with her, I’m drained. But I know it helps. It’s hard work, but the only way out is through.”

She nodded. Our lunches arrived.

“It’s hard to believe. I’ve never been through anything like that. Is every session with her that ... intense?” she asked.

I smiled. “You must have hit rough water right off the bat. No, not all of them leave me feeling wasted.” I thought for a moment. “But I almost feel it wasn’t a good session if I don’t.” We laughed a little at that.

We sat and talked, about our families and what we’d been through. We were similar in so many ways. We moved to a corner booth where we could sit closer, holding hands. We kept talking. We started getting into childhood issues, talking about the things we’d learned, through working with Emily, talking about experiences which had shaped us more than we ever knew.

Karen looked at the clock, then back to me, shaking her head. “That shoots the movie idea to hell. Got another plan?”

I looked outside. It was gray, but not raining—yet.

“Walk with me on the beach?” I asked.

She tilted her head a little to one side, then a small smile formed.

We cleaned up our stuff and headed to the beach, a few miles away.

Parking wasn’t a problem. It was pretty deserted. We saw some hard-core surfers and runners, and some couples walking along.

We walked along the beach, holding hands at first, then with arms around each other. We talked for a while, and were silent for a while. Shifting winds encouraged us to turn around.

I don’t know what brought it on, but at one point we stopped. Karen cried, and I held her. I held her as the cold wind whipped around us, chilling our faces, ears, and hands. I felt her tears pushed across. my face by the wind. I held her and tried to protect her from the gray, the cold. I tried, but I couldn’t, and soon I was crying as well.

We held each other, and with a sudden chill in the wind, we separated a little, and helped dry each other’s faces. We headed back. It started to spit as we got within sight of the car. We were being drizzled upon as we brushed off the sand.

We sat in the car together, in the gathering gray and increasing rain. We held hands, cold from the exposure. Her face was pink, from the cold, and from crying. I imagine mine was the same.

“Will you be seeing Emily again?” I asked.

She nodded. “Tuesday and Thursday morning. I’ve got a break mid-morning.”

“Good. She’s been such a help.”

Karen looked at me, shaking her head slowly. “Andy, you’ve been such a help. Thank you for listening.”

I held her hands. “Karen, thank you. When I see you, I know I’ll make it.”

I thought that was the right thing to say. She broke into tears, and I held her head to my shoulder. “I’m sorry,” I told her softly.

She pulled up after a while. “It’s not your fault,” she said, wiping her eyes, and smiling a little. Then she straightened up more, and said with a lot more energy and determination, “And it’s not my fault, either, dammit!”

I squeezed her hand again. She had resolve once more. She got her keys and said, “Let’s go back and warm up.”

I had her stop at a grocery store near the house; I ran in and got a bottle of chocolate syrup. I knew we had milk at the house.

“What’s that for?” she asked as we drove off again, now in the rain.

“Help us warm up when we get home,” I told her.

We parked in front of the place and ran in.

“You two are back early,” Beth said from the living room, “How was the movie?”

“Bathroom?” Karen asked. I showed her the guest bath, and went to use the master. I went right to the kitchen. Dinner smelled good. It was only a little after four in the afternoon. Still, we’d spent quite a bit of time talking, walking. I sighed as I got out a pan to heat the milk.

“Like some hot chocolate?” I called out.

“Yes!” I heard Karen say. Beth followed with, “Sounds good to me!”

Beth had folded up her books. She had the fireplace going. She gave us a puzzled look, and then said, “You two look like you’ve had an interesting time, but not quite what I’d anticipated.”

I sat down on the floor. Karen sat next to me. I grabbed her hand.

“We spent a lot of time talking, and walking on the beach,” Karen said.

I looked at her, and then to Beth. “She spent a few hours with Emily yesterday,” I told Beth.

Beth nodded with a half-smile.

“How are you doing?” Beth asked Karen.

Karen looked at me briefly. I got up to check the milk.

“It’s like Andy says—I feel like a stream that’s been stirred up violently—all mixed up and still settling again, everything murky. But God, I know it helped. You know Emily?” I listened to Karen say.

I was pouring hot milk into mugs. I heard Beth say, “Yes, she’s helped me as well. I started seeing her about two years ago.” The pot I was holding wavered, but I didn’t drop it, and I didn’t spill anything. That would have been just after her husband died. I mixed in the chocolate syrup, and put the mugs on a tray. Beth was sitting on the carpet as well.

We sat together on the floor. The hot mug in my hands felt good. I looked at Karen, and at Beth.

“What, Andy?” Beth asked.

“I don’t know. I feel we’re connected, even though we’re separate. It’s one more bond we share. And I’m so sorry it has to be that way.”

Karen said, “You said it earlier, Andy, and Emily said it as well. We’re survivors.”

We sat around talking. I learned more about Karen. I also learned more about Beth. I mentioned I’d decided to major in psychology, wherever I went. Beth smiled and said, “You said common bonds—one of the things Andy and I have in common is that we both decided to study psychology—I think working with Emily had something to do with that.”

Karen asked if Emily had helped Beth through a divorce as well.

Beth shook her head. “No, that wasn’t it. I was married, and my husband died. I kissed him goodbye that morning, hugged him, and that was it. He was killed in an auto accident. He was killed by a drunk, a man who was driving drunk, awaiting sentencing on his fifth or sixth drunk driving conviction, didn’t have a license, no insurance.” She sighed and picked up her cup, taking a slow sip. I saw the cup shake in her hands a little.

I moved to her side. Karen did as well. Both of us held her, and she held us. What was I doing to her? Was this helping her heal, or just creating another wound? Yet she’d opened up so much in me, helped me so much. Where would I be if I didn’t have Beth right now?

We talked more. Beth talked about getting over the anger, and the loss. I talked about my parents, how I’d ignored what had been going on for so long. I told them I hoped my parents could get help. I still loved them both.

Karen told us about her parents’ divorce, all the nastiness. When she mentioned her mom fighting for custody, I asked Beth, “That’s the same with us, isn’t it. I mean, it’s just a game the lawyers are playing. I still love him, but I’ll be damned if I’ll live with him.”

Beth nodded grimly. “Yes, it’s a nasty game. But I don’t think he’s going to be able to put up much of a custody fight. From what Carl told me, he’s going to jail for at least a year and a half, if not more.”

I shook my head. After a period of silence Beth said, “Tell me, Andy.”

“I don’t know how that makes me feel. I know I’d be scared, for both mom and I, if he were out running around. Yet the thought of him going to jail... He’s still my dad. What’s going to happen to him?”

Karen moved to my side. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Beth said, “Andy, he’s reaping what he sowed. You’re on a different path, your own path.”

“I hope to God it’s a different path,” I said, full of emotion. I remembered all those people telling me how much I looked like him. Was the similarity deeper as well?

Beth held my hand. “It is, Andy. It is. You are not your father. Trust me. Trust Emily.”

Karen said, “Andy, I can’t imagine you ever hurting anyone.”

I looked at Beth. Was what I was doing hurting her?

“Andy?” Beth asked.

“Nothing. I hope I’m not hurting anyone.” I looked up at the ceiling, stretching my neck, then looked around the room. This was home, home with Beth.

“More hot chocolate?” I asked.

Beth started to stand. “I’ll start the noodles—that gives us dinner in about half an hour. How does that sound?”

Karen said, “It smells and sounds delicious.” I nodded, and helped Karen to her feet.

Beth gave me an interesting look, then said, “Andy, you start the noodles.”

I raised an eyebrow. She smiled. I nodded and picked up our cups, heading for the kitchen.

It took a minute or so to get the water going for the pasta, get out the pasta, and stir and sample the Stroganoff. It was good. I’d use a little more Tabasco, but it was good. I looked into the living room. Not there. The door to the office/study was closed.

Oh well. I looked in the refrigerator again. Not spotting the salad bowl, I busied myself putting together a green salad.

They walked into the kitchen a few minutes later, as I was putting the big salad bowl in the refrigerator, along with our salad forks. They both looked more at ease.

“I won’t ask, because neither of you will tell me,” I said.

Beth said, “See? I told you he was smart.”

Karen chuckled and said, “I knew that already.”

As I puttered more, setting the table, I overheard Beth telling Karen about a guy who was really good at helping with scholarships and financial arrangements for college. I wondered if that was the guy Beth was supposed to call about me.

We had dinner. It was good. We talked about random things. At one point Karen stopped and looked at Beth and me. She said, “Do you know how nice it is to talk to someone during dinner?” Beth and I both laughed. After a bit, Beth explained. “Dear, we laughed because we’ve both been there. That remark has been made at this table before.”

Karen helped with the dishes, and headed home after hugging both of us. It was a little after six. I collapsed on the couch.

I felt Beth pushing my legs over and sitting down. I looked up into her eyes.

“She’s quite a girl,” she told me.

I nodded. “I can’t imagine a three hour session with Emily.”

Beth sort of grunted. “You’ve had them. I’ve had them. I think that’s one of Emily’s specialties—but only with those that can take it.”

“And is that good or bad?” I asked.

Beth smiled. “That’s judgmental. Things as they is, remember?”

“Thank you. Thank you for so much. I hope we’re doing the right thing.”

She put a hand on my chest. “Andy, we are. You have to believe that. The other path is madness.”

She took my hand and pulled me up. “Let’s take another pass through your first assignment. Do you know how lucky you are? She has taken quite an interest in you.”

“And is that good or bad?” I asked again, laughing a little.

We made one more pass through. I reworded some things, stating my feelings and opinions stronger, and at Beth’s suggestion, giving personal examples. We printed out the final copy. It was twenty-six pages long.

“So, do you still see Emily, I mean as a client?” I asked as we were picking up.

Beth smiled. “About once a month, although I’ve seen her more often in the last few months, as you can imagine. We’ve been keeping her pretty busy. But she’s really interested in us, and in Karen, from what I can tell. Karen is pretty special.”

There’s that “Special” stuff again. What’s going on? I laughed a little.

“Okay, do we flip a coin tonight?”

Beth shook her head. I could see the determination in her face. “You lost.”

I smiled. Then I held her. “Please, Beth. Please. I need you.”

We were sitting on the bed. She moved on top of me, taking me inside her. We held each other, kissing, sitting up. She pulled back a little.

“Look in my eyes, Andy,” she said softly. I looked into her eyes, in the dim light of the room. I felt a hand go to the back of my neck. She started talking softly as her hand stroked the back of my neck. I put my hand on her neck and started doing the same thing. She spoke softly, and our eyes closed. I watched her eyes drift down, as mine got so heavy. Everything became so soft, so gentle, so comforting. I talked to her, and she talked to me. We both came, crying out, clutching each other, then kissing, feeling the rapid beat of a pair of hearts.

If there’s a better way to go to sleep than in your lover’s arms, I don’t know what it is.

We had a power failure during the night, which had us running late Monday morning. I got to class just as things started. Karen was all smiles. She looked happier than I’d seen her in a while, and happier from the inside, if that makes any sense.

As I was walking to study hall, I heard Greg call out, “Hey Wilson!” I looked across the patio area to him. He smiled and gave me a thumbs-up. I waved.

Sherry was highly amused about something. When I asked her about my cheese grater, dish, and recipe book, she told me Donna had them in her car. She laughed a little, her eyes closing a bit. This could be interesting.

We didn’t see Donna at lunch. When I saw her at Physics, I almost fell out of my chair. Satiated is the word that comes to mind. And the look she gave me was pure lust.

Rachel leaned over and asked me, “So, do you have anything to do with the way she looks?”

I slid a hand up her back and up her neck, pulling her over to whisper in her ear. She closed her eyes and smiled. “Not directly, but I think so,” I whispered.

She turned and gave me a puzzled look. “What the hell does that mean?” she asked softly.

I slid my hand along her neck again. She exhaled, moaning a little, and I whispered, “Ask me some time when we’re alone.”

She let her head go back, and I stroked her neck. She laughed soft and low. She turned to me and said, “I’ll do that, Andy.”

The fat fool cleared his throat and tried to take control of the class. He should have given up on that the second day of school.

Donna was all smiles as we walked to her car. We got in. I started say something when she reached over and grabbed me, kissing me. Her kiss was relaxed, passionate, and didn’t have that desperate edge to it. She squeezed the back of my neck, and put one of my hands on her breasts.

When I was good and dizzy, she pulled away. She laughed and started the car, pulling out of the school lot.

“Andy, I don’t know what you told Greg, but it worked. He’s been so good to me. We even went to my place at lunch today, and he ate me out again. He’s not as good as you are, but he’s getting there.”

I laughed. “It takes a lot of practice, that’s all.”

“Oh, he’s going to get a lot of practice, that’s for sure.”

We necked some in the City parking lot. We each sat back with a sigh.

“So, should I have David give me rides over here in the afternoon again?” I asked her.

She smiled. “Not yet. I still want you. I think you owe me one last time.”

I smiled. Actually, I did have some unfinished business. I gave her one more short kiss, and picked up my stuff. “Thanks, Donna. I’m glad things are working out. See you tomorrow.”

“Thanks again, Andy.”

And there was Karen, sitting on the bench, waiting, smiling.

“You look a lot better today. I wanted to tell you during French,” I told her.

She smiled. “I feel better. Still rough, but better. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel again. How was your day?”

“Well, I think I’ve lost a girlfriend. No, not lost, and she never was mine in the first place, and she’s connected with her old boyfriend again. I think that’s best for everyone.”

Karen took my hand. “That’s great. I had a great time yesterday. Your aunt is really special. She cares a lot about you.”

I nodded. “I think she saved my life.”

Karen stood up. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Remember, dinner with me tomorrow night.”

“Meet here?” I asked.

She nodded. “See you in the morning, Andy.”

We shared a kiss.

Meeting Emily after class, she asked for my assignment right off. I handed her the book, and my answers to her questions. She told me to keep the book. She flipped through the pages quickly, pausing every now and then. She dropped it into her bag.

“I’ll go over that more later, but it looks acceptable. How was your weekend?”

I didn’t know what to do on that one. I told her about Saturday with Sherry, and Sunday with Karen. I told her about the three of us sitting on the floor talking together. My eyes were closed—I was holding them shut again, as if I didn’t want to see something. I felt her hand on my shoulder, and she told me to relax, but stay with it. I did.

I went through a rough half hour or so. But at the end, I knew I was doing the right thing.

She took another book out of her bag. I groaned. She laughed. “Andrew, you asked for this.”

“Yes, Doctor, I did.”

She chuckled. “Actually, this one is much shorter. I want you to read the article I’ve marked, and think about it. Really think about it. We’ll talk about it Wednesday. Okay?”

I nodded. As I got out of her car, I said, “Thank you Doctor. Thank you for helping me, for helping Karen, and especially for helping Beth.”

She gave me a beaming smile. “You’re very welcome, Andrew. Take care.”

I put together a light dinner for us. We ate, we talked, we studied. We made love gently and went to sleep.

End of Part 4

Rev 8/29/2000