The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Growing Up With Beth

© Copyright 1999 by artie

This work may not be reposted or redistributed without the prior express written permission of the author.

A work of fiction, meant for adults. Read something else if you are not an adult, or are offended by stories with sexual content. Then again, if all you’re looking for is in-out, in-out, in-out, you should probably read something else. I welcome constructive comments. Enjoy.

Part 3—Rebuilding

I woke partially the next morning, to a twinge of pain as we rolled together. But then I was in her arms again. She was holding me, and talking to me.

I was on my back, she was partially on top of me, and I was sliding between her breasts, so close, so close.... I came as her words continued to make my head spin, pumping onto my belly and her breasts.

When the world stopped spinning, she was sitting up next to me. “I told you I’d take good care of you. Let’s shower—I’ve got to get you to school on time.”

I sighed and let her help me out of bed.

At least it was Friday, and I’d have some time to rest and recover. Karen was concerned, waiting as I was dropped off at City College. She held my arm as we walked, talking softly. I told her I was with my aunt again, and that helped. I told her what I needed now was to be held. She held me gently.

French went well. David gave me a lift to the high school. I felt better. It helped to be sitting next to Sherry, and helped more when she slid over on her chair to be a little closer. That extra contact, leg against leg, hip against hip, made such a difference.

Packing up from study hall, she wanted to know where I was staying. I told her, and gave her Beth’s phone number.

We walked over to Math together. Ellis was doing trigonometric sum and difference formulas. I didn’t like the approach the book used. I guess I was making a face.

He asked, “Having a problem, Mister Wilson?”

Before I could speak up, Sherry called out, “Mister Ellis, the way the book does it is so damn weird. It’s like they picked the hardest way to show it.”

Ellis rocked back a bit, then smiled. “Well, Miss Jennings, would you like to show us a better way?”

Sherry said, “Yes, I would!” She rummaged through her folder of notes and took out my cheat sheets, plus the notes she’d taken. We’d gone through this last week.

She went through the derivation I’d shown her, which was far more intuitive, at least as far as I was concerned. She did really well. Ellis tried to rattle her at a couple of points. At one, Betty jumped in with the answer. For the other, Sherry gave me a look, and I started filling in the blanks. But as I talked, she said, “Oh! Oh! I remember! We went through that!” She flipped through her notes, and rattled off the answer. She wrapped things up, saying, “And you memorize it anyway, but now I understand why it works.” She handed Ellis the marker and sat down.

I started applauding, as did Betty, and then most of the class joined in—even Ellis. He made a good transition—showing how they really were more or less the same derivation, from different points of view. The bell went off. He shook his head, and said, “Very good, Miss Jennings. You’ve had a very good teacher. See you all Monday.”

I laughed a little—it still hurt—and gathered things up. As I was picking up my books, Betty took them. “I’ll take those for you,” she told me with a smile. I smiled back.

Outside the door, Sherry was waiting. She gave me a big hug, and I almost passed out. “Oh! I’m sorry!” she said, not quite knowing what to do. She kissed me on the forehead, then said, “I’ll see you at lunch. Thank you so much!” I held her arm for a moment. “Sherry,” I told her, “You did that, not me. I’m proud of you, and so is Ellis.”

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked off, a foot off the ground.

Betty and I made our way out to our next classes.

“Thanks for jumping in,” I told her.

She laughed, and held my arm. “No problem. That was fun. I think even some of the jocks paid attention.”

“Yeah, but to what?”

Betty laughed with me. “How are you feeling today?” she asked.

“Better. My ribs still hurt. I may go lay down again after checking in for P. E.”

I dropped her at the door to her classroom, retrieving my books. “Thanks. See you at lunch?”

She nodded. “You bet.”

English went well. After that, I checked in with our P. E. teacher. He asked how I was doing. I told him I was doing better. He told me, “You look like shit. Go to the nurse’s office and rest. You don’t have to check in with me next week—go to study hall, or rest. Okay?” I nodded. “Thanks, coach,” I told him, and headed over to the nurse’s office. She agreed with me. She wanted to look at my ribs. They were multicolored today—big splotches of color. I actually slept a while.

She woke me a little late. I’d have to fight the lines for lunch. I thanked her anyway.

As I walked over to the cafeteria, Sherry and Donna waved to me from the spot we frequented. I walked over to them.

“We already got your lunch,” Donna told me, gesturing for me to sit down.

I sat down between two soft, warm, attractive girls. They scooted closer to me, and I sighed. They giggled. I had warm hands on my back, holding me softly.

They’d gotten me two slices of pizza and a large coke. I was hungry today.

Betty showed up, and was a little disappointed at having to sit across from me.

They all wanted to know how I was doing. I ended up giving out the phone number again. Sherry and Donna headed off to a practice. Betty moved over next to me.

“Are you busy Tuesday night?” she asked.

I was startled. “No, I don’t think so, why?”

She smiled. She put a hand on mine. I like Betty.

“We’ve got an extra ticket to the Symphony in Orange County. I thought you might like to go.”

“That sounds good. Let me check with Aunt Beth.” I frowned for a moment. “I’m not sure how I’d get around.”

She shook her head and patted my hand. “Don’t worry about that. If you can make it, you’ll have an early dinner with us, and we can drop you afterwards. Okay?”

“Thanks, Betty. I’ll check with Beth, but I don’t see any problems.”

“Good. I’ll talk to you later. Don’t let those two monopolize you.” She gave me a wink and stood up, clearing her stuff and heading off. What had she meant by that?

I went into a funk that afternoon. I was concerned about mom. How was she doing? I was also worried about dad. He had serious problems. I couldn’t forgive him for what he’d done to us, especially to mom, but still....

I rode over to City with Donna, and had some time before class started. I sat down at a bench and pulled out the cell phone. We weren’t supposed to carry such contraband on the High School campus, but nobody seemed to care. I dug out the note with the phone number for mom’s sister, and dialed the number. A woman answered.

“Hello? Is Patricia there? This is Andy calling,” I said.

She started yelling about never calling this number, and how had I gotten this number, and she was going to call the police right away, and hung up on me. I tried calling again, but the line was busy.

I dropped the phone in my bag. I looked at my watch. I should go to class. Or, I could just sit where I was and wait for Emily. I expected she would be by for me. What’s the use? I didn’t need to go to class. I knew the material inside out. Attendance wasn’t mandatory—this was a college class, after all. I could just sit here.

I put my elbows on my knees, leaning forward a bit. I closed my eyes and felt the sun on my back. The wind was cool, but not too cold. What set my dad off? Why? And why had I ignored things for so long? Then a scary thought hit me. People would say how alike we were, my dad and I, how similar we looked. Was this my future? Did I have this kind of instability to look forward to? I closed my eyes and tried to make it all go away.

Some time later I felt a hand on my shoulder. It took awhile, but I looked up. It was Emily. She sat down beside me, leaving an arm across my back.

It took her a while to get me talking. I told her what had happened. I was feeling empty, drained, beaten. I was tired. This was the first time I’d missed a class. Oh, I’d been sick before, but today I’d decided it wasn’t worth it. I told her about my worries with dad, that I’d turn out like he did—people said we were so similar.

We went to her car. We drove over to her office, rather than Beth’s place. I didn’t feel as if I had a home anymore, or parents. We went into her office, and she had me take off my shoes and lay down on a couch. She stepped out for a bit, then came back.

She dimmed the lights and we talked. I didn’t want any more hard questions. I’d had enough for now. I wanted it all to go away.

But it wouldn’t. And part of me knew it wouldn’t. Part of me knew it—the only way out is through. I was tired and confused. But she wouldn’t let me avoid things. It was okay to feel the way I did, but I had to keep moving, and not wallow in it. Where was the strength I’d shown, a few nights ago? The courage? Beaten and exhausted, that’s where.

We talked more—she wouldn’t let me rest. She had me imagine mom and dad were here in the room—what did I want to say to them? That was hard. It was ugly. I’d thought I’d had a good childhood, but now I felt as if I’d grown up alone. I yelled and cried some more.

I was sitting up, and Emily was sitting beside me, an arm around my shoulder again, helping me wipe my face with her other hand.

“How are you doing now, Andrew?”

I looked at her. I was still trying to catch my breath. “Andy, please. I’m only Andrew when I’m in trouble, " I told her.

She smiled, patting me on the back. “That sounds better. What do you need?”

I sighed and shook my head. There was so much. Nuts—focus on the present. “I need to pee. I’m hungry. Oh shit! What time is it? I’m supposed to fix dinner!”

She stood up and pulled me up by one arm. She’s tremendous, even if she is only about five feet tall. “Don’t worry about that. Why don’t you use the bathroom—it’s down the hall—then come back here.”

I stood up. I felt better, but still a little wobbly. I’d been through hell again.

When I left her office, Beth was sitting in the waiting room. She stood up as I approached, and we hugged. My eyes closed as she held me. I gripped her tightly. I needed to be held.

She held me and rocked me. I was surprised I didn’t start crying again—I guess I was cried out. I felt another hand on my back, and heard Emily say, “Andy, go use the bathroom, and come back, okay?”

Beth gave me one more squeeze and let go. I nodded and went out the door.

When I got back to the waiting area, they weren’t there, so I went to Emily’s office. She was sitting at her little table talking to Beth.

Beth was shaking her head, saying, “I’m concerned about side effects.”

“Andy, sit with us, please,” Emily said. I sat next to Beth.

“Andrew,” Emily said, “We were discussing your medication. I’m concerned. How do you think you’re doing?”

I sighed. “I don’t know. I’m tired. I’m beat. I want to rest.”

“Have you noticed any side effects from the medication?”

I closed my eyes for a moment. “My eyes feel like they’re full of cotton. I feel ... I don’t know, funky. It’s hard to pin down. Out of touch. My ribs still hurt, but not as much.” I looked at them both again. “I don’t like the idea of taking pills that screw with my mind.”

Emily nodded. “If the pain in your ribs is decreasing, we can eliminate the muscle relaxant during the day. But I still want you to take the other medication. Okay?”

I nodded. “Okay.”

“And I want to see you every afternoon next week.”

I shook my head, smiling a bit. “Not Tuesday.”

Beth asked, “What’s happening Tuesday?”

“Betty Chan wants me to go to the Symphony with her family. I’d have an early dinner with them, and they’d drop me off at ... your place.”

Beth took my hand. “That sounds good. I’d like to see you going out more. And my place is your home. Okay?”

I nodded, taking another breath. “Okay. Thanks. What now?”

Beth looked at Emily. She looked at me and said, “Let’s get you home.”

We went home. She heated soup and bread for us for dinner. She also gave me some pills, and we each had a glass of white wine.

After dinner, I was feeling relaxed, spaced out even. We sat in the living room together. Or, she sat, and held my head in her lap.

“Andy, I think going out on Tuesday is a wonderful idea. And if you feel up to it, you might be able to do some studying tomorrow. There was a message on the answering machine when I got home.”

I actually opened my eyes and looked at her. She laughed softly. “Did they decide to alternate weeks with you?”

I sighed. “I don’t know, Beth. I don’t know what to do.”

She put a hand on the top of my head and brushed my forehead. That was enough to close my eyes again. “Andy, do your best. Right now, you have a number of people concerned about you. That’s a good thing.”

I sighed. “Let’s go to bed. I need to hold you.”

“That’s the best thing I’ve heard in a while.”

She helped me clean up. I was stiff and sore. We got into bed together and she held me close. She started whispering to me, and I drifted off to sleep in a cloud.

I had dark dreams, painful dreams. My dad was chasing me, hitting me in the ribs with a stick. My arms and legs wouldn’t move right—he was getting closer and closer.

I woke up crying out, almost screaming. My heart was pounding. Beth held me, rocked me, and unwound me again.

When I woke in the morning, it was late—almost nine. I could smell breakfast cooking. I got up and showered. It was hard to lift my arms over my head.

When I went into the kitchen, my place was set at the table, complete with a big glass of orange juice and some pills.

She gave me a gentle hug. “Feeling better?” she asked.

I let my eyes close and I held on to her. “Now I am,” I told her. “Thank you for holding me, for being there to hold me.”

We sat down to breakfast. She’d done eggs with a couple of kinds of cheese, onion, chopped ham, and something else. “Curry?” I asked.

She smiled and nodded. “I’m a pretty good cook, believe it or not.”

That got me to laugh. She hadn’t cooked for the two of us—I’d done it all so far.

“Well,” she asked as we cleaned up the dishes. “Feel up to some ‘studying’ with Donna today? Tomorrow you’re going to rest, if I have to keep you pinned down in bed all day myself.”

I put an arm around her. “Mmmm... I won’t put up a fight—or would you rather I did?”

She laughed. “Sounds like you’re feeling better. Call Donna if you want.”

I called Donna, and gave her directions to Beth’s place.

She showed up fifteen minutes later! It takes Beth twenty minutes to drive from the old place.

Beth invited her in, and introduced herself as my aunt, and my guardian. She told Donna that I was still recovering from my injuries, and needed to take it easy. She needed to have me back by ten that night, and then with a wry smile, told the two of us not to study too hard, and to take breaks every so often.

Donna gave me a strange look as we drove off. “Does she, like, know?” she asked me.

I nodded. “Yes, she does.”

Donna raised an eyebrow. “Wow—pretty cool aunt!”

I nodded, and laughed a little. “The best. I’m very lucky.”

Donna moved a hand to my lap. “So she’d be happy if you got a nap this afternoon? Would that be taking it easy?”

I laughed. “We’ll see. I expect to do some studying today—as well.”

She told me her parents were at a show in Anaheim, and wouldn’t be home until dinner. She’d told them she wanted me to come over and help her study. This morning, her mom told her they’d call if they were coming home early. I laughed. “So who, like, knows?”

She nodded and looked at me. “I’ve got a pretty cool mom and dad.”

I had a thought. “I want to fix dinner for them tonight. Will you help me?”

She looked shocked. “Uh, I guess. What do I need to do?”

It was sort of grayish and cold out—a typical L. A. late October. I had her stop at a grocery store near the house. I decided to do a beef casserole with noodles and onions.

“Do you have red wine at the house?” I asked Donna as we went through the grocery store.

“Oh yeah, lots,” she told me.

“Good. We’ll need some for the recipe.”

She wasn’t sure just what they had in the way of staples, so we bought most everything I thought we’d need. Her mom didn’t do a lot of cooking, and neither did she.

As we drove up to the house, I told her, “Donna, we need to spend about half an hour getting things started for dinner. I need your help. After that, I’m all yours for a few hours, and then we’ll need to work on dinner some more. Okay?”

She nodded. “This is going to be so cool! First they come home and find me studying, and then, like this—coming home to an actual cooked meal!”

I was glad I’d gotten what I had—they didn’t have much. They had all the utensils and cookware you could want, though. We got things started for the casserole, and put the crust together for the pie. Working the dough hurt my ribs some, but I enjoyed it. I think Donna enjoyed helping as well.

We were done for a while, and cleaned up our debris so far.

“Okay, you promised—you’re mine now, right?” she asked.

I nodded. We went to her bedroom. We cleaned up in the bathroom, and she had me get on the bed. She ran out of her bedroom, returning quickly. She stood by the side of the bed and put on perfume. I recognized it. Then she crawled on top of me and put a nipple in my mouth. She held me and said, “You’re all mine, Andy.”

When she cradled my head and said that, the world dropped out from under me. She held me and rocked me, and then rode us both to a crashing orgasm. Then she held me again, pulling the covers over us, and I went to sleep in her arms.

When I woke up, I found I was wearing a condom. I kissed her. “Thank you,” I told her. She held me. “You’re certainly welcome. Oh, you’re so right—holding and being held afterwards is so nice.”

“It is—but I need to check on dinner.”

She sighed. “Okay, we still have plenty of time to ah, study.”

We laughed and she helped me up. She kissed the colorful patches of skin over my ribs.

Dinner was smelling pretty good. I had her help me make the apple pie. We put together the salad.

We were being pretty dumb about things—standing around cooking in the nude. We heard the front door open, and we both froze. We were trapped.

Then Sherry came around the corner, saw us, and started laughing hysterically.

Once we caught our breath, we laughed too. We dragged her back to Donna’s bedroom, and we got semi-dressed again.

“God, the looks on your faces!” Sherry told us. “I wish I’d had a camera!”

“I’m glad you didn’t,” Donna told her.

“So what are you two doing, I mean besides...” asked Sherry.

Donna pulled on a very attractive top, and said, “Would you believe I’m, like, cooking? We’re doing dinner for my parents tonight!”

Sherry frowned a little. “I was hoping we could go out.”

I shrugged. It didn’t hurt as much now. “So stay for dinner. We’ve got enough. Think your folks would mind?”

Donna shook her head. “Nah—Sher is almost family. And they’ll be so freaked out anyway, they won’t notice.”

We set the table for five. The pie came out of the oven, looking great. The pot was set up with water to boil for the noodles. The casserole was in the oven. We’d warm the bread. We were all set.

I was tired. I crashed in a kitchen chair. Sherry and Donna came over to me.

“Aw, it looks like he needs another nap,” Donna said. They took me into the bedroom and plopped me on the bed. I was tired. I closed my eyes. I heard whispering. I smiled.

I felt the bed move. I relaxed. Then a nipple found me—Sherry. She slid a hand behind my head and said, “Nap time, Andy.” She held me and I melted in her arms.

I woke up naked, with Sherry on top of me. She was sitting up, rocking away, and Donna was behind her, with one hand in her crotch, and the other moving from one nipple to the other. Sherry was enjoying it immensely.

Sherry started a long, loud moan and a shudder. One of Donna’s hands found my balls. I heard, or imagined I heard someone telling me to come. I did.

Sherry collapsed on top of me. It hurt a bit, until she held me to her again.

“Nap time is over, sleepy heads,” Donna called out, waking us later. I was on my side in Sherry’s arms. She stirred and held me closer.

“My parents will be home in fifteen minutes. They sounded pretty excited when I told them dinner was taken care of. I think you should be dressed when they get here.”

We got up. I kissed Sherry, and Donna.

Donna was changing clothes as we sat on the bed and dressed. Sherry was impressed with the colors my ribs were changing.

“Kiss them and make them better,” Donna suggested. Sherry kissed me. It felt nice.

Sherry looked at Donna, then at me, and said, “It’s so cool the way you melt in my arms when I put a tit in your mouth. That really turns me on.”

Donna walked over to her and said, “I wonder if that works with you, too?” She pulled Sherry’s head to one of her beautiful breasts, slipping her hands around the back of her head, and as she pulled her in closer, said, “Nap time, Sherry.”

To my surprise, and Donna’s as well I think, Sherry moaned a little, and then sighed, going limp. Donna held her, cradling her, and said, “Oh, that’s so nice.”

I moved over to Sherry and held her. Donna moved back a little, letting her go. Sherry was out. “Wake up, Sherry—awake and alert again,” I told her. She blinked her eyes and took a breath, sitting up again.

She looked at me, then Donna. “Wow! That was cool! I want to try that with you!”

I looked at the clock. “How about later? Someone’s parents are due home any minute. And I need to get the water on for the noodles.”

They both looked at me and frowned.

Donna said, “If you weren’t right, I’d say we should both grab you.” She threw my sweatshirt at me.

Back in the kitchen, I got the water going for the noodles. Donna dumped some books from her school bag on the kitchen table, and spread some papers around. I laughed.

Her parents got home about ten minutes later. They came in through the door to the garage.

They walked in, sniffing the air.

Donna ran up to them. “Can you like believe it? I actually helped cook a meal!”

Donna’s mom looked in the dining room, and saw the table all set. “Wow! I’m impressed. Who did the cooking? Andy?”

I nodded. “Dinner in about fifteen minutes. If you’d like to clean up, you’ve got the time.”

Her dad shook his head. “Unbelievable.” He looked at the table—the books and the papers. He looked back to us. “This really is quite impressive. But this,” he pointed to the stuff on the table, “is a sham. Still, I’m impressed.” Donna’s mom and dad left the room, arm in arm, shaking their heads.

They came back a few minutes later. I was stirring the noodles—they needed a few more minutes.

I had Sherry putting the final touches on the salad, tossing in the dressing. Donna’s dad snitched a taste from the salad, and asked, “What are those?” I looked at what he was indicating. “Hearts of palm,” I told him. He raised both eyebrows and nodded.

The noodles were done. I dumped them into a collander in the sink, then took the casserole out of the oven. I took off the lid. Everyone crowded around as I stirred in the noodles.

“That looks, and smells, delicious!” Donna’s mom said.

Her dad asked, “And what’s for dessert?”

Donna sprang over to the lower oven, and opened it. “Fresh apple pie! He like made the crust from nothing! And I did the apples!”

Her dad laughed and walked into the dining room.

Sherry took in the salad. I put the casserole on a hot plate.

Donna’s dad said, “I notice five wine glasses.”

I’d also uncorked a bottle of Merlot, having used most of another bottle in the casserole, with the rest going into the three cooks.

“Your call, sir,” I told him.

He smiled. “Sounds like a good idea to me, but it means I drive you home.”

I nodded.

I seated the ladies, and served our dinner.

It was a very good meal. Bill and Vivian, Donna’s parents, were blown away.

I told them I really loved to cook, and just had to do something today. Bill raised his glass and told me, “Andy, whenever you feel the urge, please come over.” Vivian added, “And I’d like to watch.”

Sherry choked a little, and turned red. We all laughed.

The ladies decided to clean up after dinner. Bill and I sat in the family room. He’d started a fire in the fireplace.

“Andy, do you give cooking lessons as well as physics and math?”

I laughed, finishing off the last of my wine. “I hadn’t thought of it.”

A few minutes later, we were presented with plates with pie and ice cream.

“You actually made this crust from scratch?” Vivian asked me.

Donna said, “I watched him do it, mom. I told you—he made it from, like, nothing—just flour and water and stuff.”

Vivian sat down, laughing softly.

Sherry looked excited. “I completely forgot. Today’s mail—I got accepted to U. S. C.!”

We all congratulated her—that was her first choice. Donna had heard from U. C. L. A. and U. C. S. B. Bill asked about me.

I sighed. “I’ve been accepted to Stanford, Cornell, and U. C. L. A.,” I told them.

Everybody thought that was great. Bill asked where I wanted to go.

My smile disappeared. “I don’t know. All of a sudden I don’t know how I’m going to pay for it. I’d been assuming....”

That cast a silence over the room.

“More pie anyone?” Vivian asked.

Bill had some. I passed. We talked some more about school. Bill was impressed at what I was doing at City. I told him there were a bunch of us doing that, in spite of the high school administration. I told him if he wanted to see someone impressive, he should talk to Betty Chan. Sherry and Donna both nodded. Sherry said, “Like Andy says, she’s scary smart.”

I looked at the clock. It was a little after nine. I looked at Bill. “I should be getting back. Aunt Beth wants me back by ten.”

Bill shook his head with a scowl. “Andy, I don’t know about you. There’s got to be something wrong with you.” He stood up. “But I’ll be damned if I can spot it! Sherry, I’ll drop you on the way. You want to come along, sweetie?” he said to Donna.

Donna sort of frowned. “No, I’ll help mom clean up.” Bill and his wife laughed.

Heading out to the garage, Vivian stopped me and gave me a hug. “Thank you for an incredible surprise. You are welcome here, I hope you know.”

“Thank you. I appreciate it,” I told her.

We dropped Sherry off at her house. She was in the back seat, and I was in the front passenger seat. As she got out, she squeezed my shoulder.

“I’ll see you Monday. Thanks for all your help today,” I told her.

She sighed. “See you Monday, Andy.”

Bill was chuckling as we drove off. I gave him directions.

“Andy,” he asked me, “You can tell me if I’m intruding, but are you really concerned about paying for college?”

I sighed. Their family, and Sherry’s, were both a whole lot better off than my mom and dad. And now, I didn’t know what I was going to do.

“Yes, sir, I am. I’d really like to go to Stanford. I just don’t know how it’s going to happen.”

He nodded. I liked him. He was pretty cool. He had to know what went on.

“I’ve got some people you can talk to. They might be able to help.”

We didn’t talk too much more on the drive. He insisted on going to the door with me and meeting Beth.

Beth had a book in her hand as she opened the door. I introduced her to Bill.

He handed Beth a card. “Give me a call next week if you can. I’d like to talk to you about Andy’s college. He’s a hell of a kid. I’m glad he’s with you—he speaks really highly of you.”

Beth smiled and nodded. “Thanks. I’ll call you, probably Monday afternoon or Tuesday. And he is great. Thanks for bringing him back.”

“No problem. He’s welcome at our house whenever he wants—and he doesn’t even have to cook for us!”

We said our good nights, and I went in with Beth.

“So you cooked dinner after all?”

I held her, and she started rocking me. “Yes, I just had to cook today. It was funny—I think that’s the first time in a long time Donna has cooked.”

“And how are you doing now?” she asked.

I looked into her eyes. “I’m exhausted. And I’m so happy to be here.”

She held me. “I’ll be happier when you’re next to me in bed.”

So was I.

Sunday morning we spent holding each other in bed. I told her what had gone on with Donna, and Sherry. She held me and rocked me. She took me deep and talked to me.

We eventually got up and had breakfast. We both cooked. Afterwards we sat on her couch in front of the fire. It was that kind of day.

She sighed. “Andy, you know you’ve hypnotized both of those girls? That’s what Donna did to Sherry—reinduced trance based on triggers you’d planted.”

I was surprised, yet it made a lot of sense. “I guess so. Talking to them, it felt so natural—help them relax and unwind. And it does seem that they relax quicker each time.”

She nodded and held me. “Just like with you—when you’re held to a nipple and cradled. You want that, don’t you?”

I was learning to recognize the feelings, and acknowledge them. “Yes, part of me wants that very deeply. But it feels so good to help them unwind. And I do enjoy going down on them, and most of all, going down on you. I love being lost between your legs.”

She sighed and rocked me a little. “Andy, what am I going to do with you? If you’re going to go off entrancing every woman you’re with, you’re going to have to learn a lot more. You don’t want to cause problems.”

“Have I caused problems? With them?” I asked.

She gave me a squeeze. “I don’t think so. The next time you’re with them, you should tighten things up so they aren’t susceptible to just anybody. I should do the same with you—I left you open to them deliberately.”

“You did?”

She laughed a little. “Yes, I did. They’re your own age, and you need experience with people your own age, although I didn’t expect you’d do exactly that.”

“But it felt so right. I heard your voice, and I followed it, and it felt so right. And to see them so relaxed, and then so ...”

“Andy, I’m not criticizing. Bill said it—you’ve brought about important changes in both those young girls. Oh, Andy....”

She moved over a bit, then tossed a pillow onto the floor. She looked at me.

“Would you be more comfortable on the floor, or on the bed?”

“For what?”

“For some deep work. Now.”

I sighed. I held one of her hands and looked into her eyes. “On the floor here would be fine. Whatever you think best.”

“Okay, on your back then. Let’s get started.”

I got onto my back, arranging the pillow under my head. She put her hands on my head, and started speaking softly. I felt her fingers, and her voice, and let my eyes close.

It was dark, troubling, frightening at times, but she was there with me. I knew I’d come out on the other side. I knew I’d come out stronger. And I did get to rest after the hard parts, floating in a cloud again, in her embrace, nestled in her arms.

I woke up on the couch. I looked at my hands as I took a deep breath, then smiled at her, sitting in the chair next to me.

“What?” she asked.

“That is so amazing, starting out in one place and waking up in another, not knowing how I got there,” I told her.

She nodded and smiled.

I sat up. I had a cold feeling.

“What is it? What happens tomorrow? You’re preparing me for something.”

Her smile dropped. She sighed and nodded. “Andy, you’re right. There’s an important court hearing tomorrow morning. The prosecutor wants you there. I’ve talked to Carl, the attorney representing you, and he agrees. Emily will be there as well—she agrees you should be there, just in case.”

“In case of what?” I asked.

She shook her head. “Just in case. Andy, I’m not holding anything back on you. We don’t know. They want you there. It’s important. If you don’t want to do it, tell me, and I’ll understand. Emily will understand. We will.”

I sighed. “If it’s important, I’ll do it. What time?”

“We need to be at court at nine. Yes, you’re going to miss some school.” She smiled. “You’ve missed more days in the last few weeks than you have in all the rest of your time at high school.”

I nodded. “I think I can afford it.” That brought back another memory. “What about what Bill wanted last night?”

She nodded. “I’ve been thinking about that as well. You still like Stanford best?”

“Yes, I do. I think it’s the best fit.”

“Physics and math still?”

I shook my head, smiling. “One of them—probably math, but I’m leaning more and more to psychology, for at least a minor.”

She smiled. It was a deep smile. “That’s great. Feel like studying, or would you like a nap?”

I stretched some. “Wow—sessions like that leave me, I don’t know, rested and yet wiped out at the same time.”

She took my hand, pulling me to standing. “Go to the bathroom, and meet me in the bedroom.”

I did as she asked. I got into bed, naked, and she crawled in with me. She’d put on perfume. She held me, spoke to me, and I went to sleep in her arms.

I woke up around three to the sound of rain pounding on the sliding glass doors in the bedroom. I put on my sweats and went into the living room. Beth was curled up on the couch with a book. When she saw me, she put it down and stretched.

“Better?” she asked.

I sat next to her, holding her. “Much better. It seems as if I need a nap, or something, after one of those sessions, just to let things settle.”

She sat back and gave me an interesting smile.

“What do you need?” I asked her.

“Andy, I want you to do something for me.”

“Anything,” I told her.

She nodded, and stood, pulling me to my feet, and into a hug.

“How are your ribs?”

“Not as sore.”

She took me into the bedroom. She stretched out on the bed. She looked delicious.

“Andy, I want you to pretend I’m your latest conquest...”

I interrupted. “I don’t have ‘conquests.’ At least I hope not.”

She smiled. “I’m sorry. I’m your latest female acquaintance, and you need to help me relax. I want you to unwind me, relax me, do your best. Okay?”

I nodded. I pulled her sweat pants off. She took off her sweat shirt. She gave me a sad look. “I’ve still got my period. Tomorrow, okay?”

I smiled. “I’ll live.”

I spread her legs a little, and sat down between them.

“You are so beautiful, so warm, so full,” I told her.

She smiled and rolled her head around some.

I put my hands lightly on her legs. It was easy if I didn’t think about it. My hands moved, and the words formed themselves, responding to her. It didn’t take long. When I took her down in the elevator and to that wonderfully comfortable bed, I saw her body relax even more.

Things stirred in me. I undid her bra. I stroked her breasts gently as I took her deeper. I told her how fulfilling it was when she held me. I wanted her to feel the pleasure as well. I moved to her nipples as I described how she made me feel, and wanting her to share the pleasure. Her nipples tightened up, and her breathing sped up. I encouraged her with my voice, and with my hands. I could hear her words again, understanding that this is what she did to me. As she got closer, I moistened a finger and slid it into her panties and into her slit. I was hard and on the edge myself. I shook my head, pulling myself out of it, and encouraged her on.

Her hips moved as I caressed her button, circling it in the way she loves. “Come for me, Beth. Come for me, please,” I whispered.

She moaned and bucked, and I kept caressing her until she settled down.

I moved to her head, drawing those circles on her temples, as I spoke to her again, hearing her voice in my mind, relaxing her again, relaxing her into sleep.

I covered her with the bedspread, and left the room. I leaned against the wall in the hallway. That had been intense! I went into the kitchen to see what there was for dinner.

I was putting together a simple pasta dish about a half hour later when the phone rang. It took me a moment to realize I needed to get it. I picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Andy, this is your mother.” Her voice was hesitant, uncertain.

I didn’t know what feelings flooded through me. “Mom—how are you?”

“Andy, I’m sorry about what happened when you called. They’re trying so much to help me, and protect me. I hope you understand.”

“I love you, mom. I’m worried about you. How do you feel?”

“I’m feeling better, Andy. Oh, I don’t know what I’m going to do. It’s so confusing.”

“Mom, do you have someone to talk to? Emily has been so helpful to me.”

“Is Emily one of your school friends? I’m going to see someone this next week. Andy, I’ll talk to you again. I have to go now. Bye.”

“Bye, mom. I love you.”

She hung up. That was so sudden! What was going on with her? I sat down in the kitchen and put my head in my hands. What were we going to do?

I heard someone coming into the kitchen. I felt Beth’s hands on my shoulders. She leaned over and kissed me on the neck. “Thank you so much. That was a wonderful nap.” She squeezed my shoulders. “Who was on the phone?”

I looked up at her. “Why didn’t my mom know about Emily?”

Beth pulled up a chair. “That was your mom? I talked to her yesterday. How is she?”

“Screwed up. Why didn’t she know about Emily?”

Beth’s face took a firm aspect. “Andy, I’ve been trying to get your parents to see a counselor, and get you to one, for a long time. When they went away on the cruise, that gave me the opportunity. I wanted to save you, at least.” She moved a hand over to me.

I took her hand in both of mine. I nodded. “Okay, I understand. Thank you. Oh God, Beth—I agree, both of them should be seeing therapists. How do we get there from here?”

Beth smiled and shook her head. “Andy, with them we can only suggest. Have you heard this before? They have their own paths to follow?”

I nodded. “And I asked her if she was going to see someone. Beth, she sounded really rattled. She needs help.”

“I agree. The first step is for her to realize that. It’s a big step. What else did she say?”

I shook my head. “Not too damn much. She said she was feeling better, but those were her words, not her voice. Her voice told me she’s still scared and screwed up. She practically hung up on me. What did she say to you?”

Beth sighed. “Practically the same. I managed to get through her sister at least, and told her you’d called, and the reception you’d gotten. Her response to that was ‘Oh.’ I tried to talk to her, but she didn’t want to talk. She did promise me she’d call, and she did, so that’s one good thing.”

“Can denial be that strong? I don’t understand.”

Beth was quite somber. “It can be very strong, if what you’re trying to run away from is bad enough.”

“So, do I turn my back on them? Damn, I don’t want to let go of them.”

“I know. But we can only do so much. And you are more important.”

I looked over to the stuff I was cutting up for dinner. I stood up and got back to it.

I felt her hands on my back. “Can you tell me any more, Andy?” she asked.

I diced the shallots and tossed them into the pan, into the hot butter.

“I don’t know. It’s almost like I want to go back to where I was, we were, six or seven months ago. My world was so tight, so constrained. I know I couldn’t go back to that—I don’t want to. But still, the highs and the lows now—I don’t know how I’m going to make it, but I do. Everything is so intense now, and it feels as if the more I understand, the more connected I am with things, the more intense things get.”

Her hands were warm. “That’s life, Andy. And you’re doing so well. Your ability to experience grows. So must your compassion. Two parts, remember? Clear seeing and calm abiding. Stay present—stay with it.”

I put down my knife, turned, and held her. I let my head rest on her shoulder. We started rocking gently.

“Oh Andy,” she said, then stopped talking and held me. We parted with a kiss after a while. I went back to dinner. She opened a bottle of white wine and poured two glasses.

“What should I wear to this thing tomorrow?” I asked.

She put a finger on my forehead. “That’s for tomorrow morning. Stay here, with me, now.”

I took her finger and kissed it. She smiled.

We had a simple dinner. We talked a little more about the dinner I’d done Saturday. I like cooking.

I looked up at her. “Is that one of my warning signs? I don’t feel like cooking, or going to class? I just want to curl up and be held?”

She smiled. “Do you think it is?”

I frowned. “You sound like Emily.”

She laughed. “I’ll take that as a compliment, Andrew. Seriously, it’s what you think, what you feel. You’re becoming more aware, and need to decide on these things.”

I nodded. “Okay. I apologize. Emily is extremely helpful. The two of you have opened so many doors for me, and inside me.”

We curled up in front of the fire after we finished cleaning up the kitchen. The storm was noisy outside. We’d moved pillows and cushions down to the floor.

“So, how did I do this afternoon?” I asked Beth.

She gave me her low laugh. “Oh Andy, you did really well. And don’t worry—holding you to me is very satisfying. It touches something very deep inside me, and I think, inside every woman. You gave me more than I expected.”

I looked into her eyes. “It was so interesting. I could hear your voice—I was repeating your words back to you. And a few times, I had to shake myself out of it—I was slipping into trance myself, experiencing what I’ve experienced with you so many times. Some of the words, some of the phrases, I didn’t consciously remember until I was saying them to you. But as I did, I knew I’d heard them many times before.”

She smiled and moved my hands to her breasts, holding them there gently. She looked at me and smiled. “Andy, that’s the lure of mutual hypnosis. You are such a good subject. And it’s so wonderful when you let go to me, let yourself relax into me, slip so nicely into trance.” Her eyes were closing slowly, as were mine. She was kneading her breasts gently with my hands. I was slipping fast. Was she leaning forward, or was I falling into her? “Oh Andy, I know how good it feels to let go to someone, to let them lead you into trance, relaxing and melting away to their voice, their touch, letting go into their embrace. Let go, Andy. Let go. Now.”

I was in her arms again. Her voice carried me away.

Maginot Line

I didn’t sleep well. More than once during the night I held her, seeking solace from something. I finally ended getting up around six, making a trip to the bathroom, and splashing cold water in my face. After that, it was easier to relax in her arms, and sleep a while longer. We got up, got ready, had a light breakfast, and got on the road.

We met my (our?) attorney at the courthouse. I focused on “calm and relaxed.” He told us it should be a simple hearing, but they wanted to be prepared in case the guy representing my dad tried anything unusual. He gave me a good rundown on how to behave, and how to respond to questions. In situations such as these, it wasn’t uncommon for investigators and other people to misrepresent themselves to get information.

We went upstairs to the courtroom. It was hurry up and wait time. Dad was supposedly scheduled for nine. I guess it’s common for those schedules to get messed up. We sat about three rows back—the place was full of people. Some looked sad, some angry. I guess both sides of these deals were equally represented.

Dad came up around ten. What a shock it was, seeing him in orange jail clothes. He didn’t look nervous, though. He just sat there, and talked to his attorney.

They were arguing about bail and letting him out of jail until another hearing took place. I wasn’t paying much attention to what was going on, until the guy speaking for my dad mentioned, “Needing to talk to his counsel in seeking full custody of his son.” That woke me up. I gasped, and so did Beth.

The prosecuting attorney looked back at us, and asked the judge for a moment to confer. Then he motioned to us. I went up with Beth and our attorney. Dad stood up and was talking to his attorney. Separating us was a low wooden railing, maybe three feet high.

Our attorney quickly filled the prosecutor in on details, giving him copies of things. The prosecutor asked if this was news to me. I nodded and told him coldly that I wouldn’t stay in the same place with my dad. Emily started talking to him, and Beth stepped away. I followed her.

Crossing back to where we’d been sitting, I glanced at my dad, standing on the other side of the little railing, a few feet away. I don’t know how I felt about him, or what kind of look I gave him as our eyes made contact.

What I do know is that he screamed and leapt over the railing, grabbing me by the throat, knocking me down, and knocking Beth down underneath me.

He choked me and screamed. I understood what he was saying. Everyone in the courtroom understood what he was saying. He screamed, “I never wanted you.” I pulled my legs up and tried to push him away. He whacked my head on the hard floor a couple of times. I don’t know how many people it took to pull him off us—Beth was trapped underneath me. Someone held us down as I heard dad being hauled off, still screaming, “I never wanted you.”

Beth and I got untangled. I heard the judge clearing the courtroom. They had me stay on the floor, not moving, until paramedics arrived. They did the whole number on me—backboard, plastic collar on my neck, strapping me down. I didn’t open my eyes, so I don’t know what they did with Beth. There seemed to be quite a commotion outside as they hauled me out of the building and into an ambulance.

At the hospital, I heard Beth’s voice, and our attorney, giving people details. I was hauled off and they took scans of my head and neck.

I almost laughed, convincing myself that I’d have to open my eyes sooner or later—the world wasn’t going to go away, no matter how badly I wanted it to. I had to live with it.

“All right, Andy,” a doctor was telling me, “no bone damage, so I’m going to gently palpate your neck and see if there are any soft tissue problems.”

His hands were warm, and moved deliberately. I flinched a few times. Calm and relaxed—calm and relaxed. That helped once again.

He patted me on the shoulder. “I can’t feel any serious damage, although you’re going to be sore and bruised for a while. We’ll be back in a bit. Don’t go away.”

That gave me an excuse to close my eyes again. Calm and relaxed. I remembered rocking in Beth’s arms. I started to feel that feeling I get, and went with it, letting the feeling get stronger, and stronger.

“Andy? Andy?”

I opened my eyes and tried to answer. A squawk came out, surprising me. The doctor was there, as were Beth, Emily, the attorney, and some other folks. I tried whispering. That worked better. “I was resting,” I told them.

I guess that was good news to them—everyone smiled.

Someone handed me a cup of water with a straw in it. “Take a small sip and swallow for me,” the doctor said. I did. It hurt, but not as much as I’d expected it to.

“Did that hurt?” he asked.

“A little,” I whispered, then drank some more. I was thirsty.

The doctor looked to the others. “Okay, no signs of a concussion, no discernible soft tissue damage at this point. He’s bruised, and he won’t be able to speak loudly for a few days. Andy, expect your neck to be sore and stiff, and probably colorful. I understand you already have prescriptions for muscle relaxants and painkillers. You need to keep those up. You also need to watch for any sudden changes, and let us know about them immediately. Otherwise, we can’t do much for you here. Okay?”

I smiled and nodded, and held out my hand. We shook hands. “Thank you,” I whispered as loudly as I could.

As we walked out, I noticed Beth was limping. “What happened to you?” I asked.

She leaned on me. That felt good. “When we went down, I sprained my knee,” she told me.

Her car was at the courthouse. Emily, Beth, and I rode over with the attorney. He wanted us to go into the courthouse. We sat for a few minutes, and then went to a different part than we’d been before.

We walked into the judge’s office. The judge asked Beth and me to sit down. He apologized for what had happened. He told us that my dad would not be getting out on bail. He told us the courtroom video system had recorded the whole thing, including what my dad had been screaming. He gave us a grim smile, and wished us well. He shook our hands and we left.

Going back downstairs, our attorney told us, “We don’t have to worry about custody issues after that outburst—that’s what the judge was telling us. And that man has managed to add more charges onto an already long list. Assaulting someone in a courtroom is highly frowned upon.”

That made me feel fucking great. I scowled for a moment, then let it go. It’s over. We move on. Hey, at least now I know where I stand with him. Take it as a vote for independence.

In the parking garage, Emily told us, “I’ll follow you home.” I nodded. I wasn’t going to school. We’d see about tomorrow when it comes.

We drove home in silence. This was my home now, like it or not. I smiled some. I did like it. When we got home, I went to the kitchen and opened a can of soup. I was hungry again. I looked to Emily and Beth. Emily spoke up. “Yes, I’ll have some. So will Beth.” I looked to Beth and smiled. She nodded.

We ate our soup in silence. After the first sip, it felt good. Beth got out pills for me.

I knew it would happen. After lunch we moved into the other room. I sat in the “therapy” chair.

Emily started in. “Andy, you’ve been through a lot this morning. How do you feel?”

I’m learning not to deny my feelings. It doesn’t help anyone. “I’m sore,” I whispered, and then shook my head. I looked at both of them. “I’m stunned, and numb, I guess. Yet in one sense it’s emancipating.”

Emily asked, “Is this something we should explore in depth today?”

I thought for a moment, and shook my head. “No, it’s too soon,” I told her.

She told me that she thought my father had a serious problem, and she’d strongly suggested further tests for him. She talked to me about things for a while. I knew this was a serious blow, and it would take time. I told both Emily and Beth, “They’re still my parents, and I still love them. I wish the best for them. I wish them peace.” It was hard to say.

Beth helped me up, and into the hall. She told me to go to the bathroom, and get into bed. She’d join me in a while.

It was hard to get comfortable. My neck and throat hurt. I’d started to doze off when she crawled into bed with me.

“Oh, you’re so warm!” she whispered to me. We slid together and I held her close. I expected to feel more. I guess I was still sort of numb. Neither of us said a word. I went to sleep in her arms.

I woke later to her rolling out of bed. I stayed there, doing I’m not sure what. I tried clearing my throat and speaking. I wasn’t there yet. I’d be whispering for a while.

I was thinking about school, whether it made sense to go tomorrow—I wanted to go with Betty. Yes, I’d go to school.

Beth came back and sat at the edge of the bed. “Andy, do you want to make love?” she asked.

I sighed and my eyes closed. I reached over to her, sliding a hand along her leg.

She made a noise, and said, “I’ll take that as a yes.” She got up and headed back to the bathroom, returning quickly. She had a small bottle in her hand. She flipped the covers down and straddled me.

One touch and my eyes closed. She stroked me, then moved down and brushed me with her breasts. My attempt at a moan crackled.

She kept at it, and I opened my eyes and pulled her up and off me a little. I looked her in the eyes. “Beth, if you don’t do something, I’m not going to last long at all,” I warned her.

She smiled—more like a lecherous grin. “We can’t have that,” she whispered. She slid her breasts up my body until one was in my mouth. She held me and spoke to me, taking me back to that special place, and telling me that it was a special place for both of us.

I felt something cool and wet going on to my cock, and then felt her slide on to me, so quickly and deeply. She rode me. I heard her moan and cry out, and heard myself moaning, as she brought me closer and closer.

She came again, and took me over the edge with her, digging her fingers into my shoulders as I held her waist and pushed deeper and deeper into her.

When I woke again, I pulled myself over to her and latched on to her hungrily. She held me and we rolled around together. We got up and showered.

After dressing we headed to the kitchen. It was a little past five. I opened my mouth to ask her something, and she put a finger on my lips. “No talking for a while,” she told me. I kissed her finger, then took it in my mouth and sucked on it. She moaned and smiled. I slid my other hand down the front of her sweats. After one moan, she pulled away from me. “Save that thought for later,” she told me.

I managed a laugh. My voice seemed to be back, or at least better. I started rummaging the refrigerator for dinner.

As I did that, the phone rang. Beth answered it. “What? Channel five? Hold on.”

She grabbed the TV remote and turned it on. I looked over. A local TV station reporter talked about an incident in Superior Court that morning. I saw myself being wheeled out of the courthouse and into an ambulance. Beth was helped to a different ambulance in a wheelchair. To a voiceover by the reporter, they cut to a black and white videotape from what had to be the courtroom camera. I saw and heard my dad scream and leap over the railing, knocking both of us down. We clearly heard him scream, “I never wanted you!” The studio announcers took over, adding that my dad was now facing additional charges, and they would be following the story. They cut to a commercial.

Beth muted the TV. I stepped over to her and held her. She held me. We heard a noise from the phone. She picked it up again. “What? I don’t know—it’s up to him. You want to talk to him?” She gave me a squeeze, then stepped away a bit. “Want to talk to Sherry?” she asked.

I nodded and took the phone. “Hi,” I managed to say. My voice was soft, but there.

“How are you feeling? We were worried when you weren’t at school today.”

“Thanks, I’m doing better. I’m not going to be trying out for cheerleader for a while though, my voice is screwed up.”

“I guess. Are you going to be at school tomorrow?”

I sighed. “Yes, I’ll be there.”

Her voice was full of emotion. “I want you,” she said softly. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Rest. Let me know if you need anything.”

“Thanks, Sherry. I appreciate it. I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

I handed the phone back to Beth. She hung it up.

“You’re going in tomorrow?”

“Yes,” I said, my voice a little stronger. “I don’t want to miss class, and besides, I’m going out with Betty and her family, remember?”

Beth smiled. “Ah, motivation speeds recovery. You sound better already.”

I held her. “I thought it happened in bed. That’s great therapy.”

She held me. “We’ll see if we can get you better later tonight then.”

The phone rang again. After answering it, Beth handed it to me. “It’s Donna.”

“Hi, Donna,” I said.

“I just saw you on TV! Are you okay?”

“I’ve been better, but I’ll be at school tomorrow. Thanks for your concern.”

“God, that was awful! I tried calling a few minutes ago, but the line was busy.”

“Sherry called and let us know it was on. We saw it.”

“That was so creepy! How do you feel? What happened at the hospital?”

“Donna, I’m okay. I’m bruised up, that’s all. They threw me out around lunchtime. I had a nap, and they’ve got me on pills again.” After a pause, I looked at Beth and added, “The physical injury will heal quickly.” Beth nodded.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow at lunch, and give you a ride tomorrow to City. Okay?”

“That sounds good, Donna. I’ll see you tomorrow. Remember, we don’t have to tell the planet.”

“Okay, Andy. I won’t. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She sounded more somber.

“Bye, Donna. Thanks for calling. I do appreciate it.” I hung up the phone.

I sighed and sat down in a kitchen chair. Beth walked over. I put my arms around her and hugged her close.

She started rocking me. “See,” she said, “there are people who are concerned about you.”

“Hell of a way to build popularity,” I whispered. She laughed. “Your sense of humor is back. That’s a good sign. Do you want to fix something, or go out?”

I burrowed in a bit more, then looked up to her. “Chinese?” I whispered. “I’d like some hot and sour soup.”

“Mmmm... That sounds good, and I know a place near here. That means we have to get dressed, though.”

I smiled and felt her hips, legs, and bottom.

“That’s what I thought,” she said. “Go get changed. I’ll change when you’re ready.”

I stuck my lower lip out in a pout. She laughed and squeezed me once more, then pulled me up and said, “Get going before the phone rings again!”

We got out of the house quickly. Dinner was good. The soup was hot and tasty. The hot tea tasted and felt great.

We had three messages on the answering machine when we got back. The story had been replayed on the six o’clock news. Betty, David, and Rachel called.

I called each of them back. I whispered, saving my voice. I assured Betty I was still interested in going to the symphony. What did I need to bring?

Afterwards, Beth and I decided what I’d worn to court would be fine.

Then I saw that burning in her eyes. “But right now you need your rest,” she told me.

“Oh, am I going to get some rest?” I asked.

She laughed and pulled me to her. “Yes, but on my terms. Let’s get packed up.”

We got packed up for the next day. In the bathroom, I ran a hand down her back. She shivered and moaned slightly. “I want to eat you until you scream,” I whispered.

She shuddered slightly and told me, “Tomorrow night.”

I was waiting in bed, hard as a rock for her. She stepped out of the bedroom, and returned, wearing that coat. She picked up her perfume bottle and put some on the tops of her breasts. Then she flipped down the covers, and slid up me slowly. My moaning wavered and cracked.

I was filled with her perfume, and the softness of the coat. She did something, said something, and the bottom fell out of the world. Our lovemaking was less frantic than earlier in the day, but just as intense. Afterwards, we held each other, and I was enveloped in her warmth and perfume again.

I woke up before dawn. When I returned to bed, I snuggled up close to her. The scent of her perfume was faint, but still there. She was on her side, facing away from me, so I kissed her side, her shoulders, and her neck. I slipped a hand around her front, and started caressing the inside of her hip.

Soon she was moaning, and rolled to her back. I moved on top of her, and we slid together. Our bodies soon agreed on a rhythm, and as I felt the inevitable build in me, she called out, “Oh my God...” and held me tighter. That did it. I came deep inside her, her legs wrapped around mine, and her hands pulling my hips closer.

We drifted together for awhile, and got up the first time the alarm clock went off.

She had me gargle with some warm water in the shower. My voice wasn’t strong, but it was there. She told me I’d have to go easy for a few days. I nodded and she smiled.

The bruises on my neck were starting to show. There wasn’t a whole hell of a lot I could do about them.

Beth dropped me off. Karen was waiting in the usual spot.

“I missed you yesterday,” she told me as I took her arm. “Were you sick?”

I shook my head, looking at her. Maturity—that’s part of it. I whispered, “You feel so much more mature than Donna or Sherry—the way you walk, the way you talk, the way you act.”

She gave me a funny look.

“It’s a compliment,” I said softly.”

She smiled. “Oh, that’s how I took it. You’re the same way, especially the last few weeks.”

“Is that good news or bad news?” I asked.

She shook her head. “I’m glad you’re back today. Sore throat?”

I nodded.

In class, our instructor motioned me over to his desk. He told me, “I was very surprised to see you on the news late last night, Mister Wilson. It’s good to see you in class. How are you doing?”

“Thank you sir,” I said softly. “My voice isn’t back yet.”

He nodded. “No wonder. Here’s what you missed. Have a seat.”

Karen gave me a questioning look. “I’ll tell you later,” I said to her.

I didn’t get called upon, and I didn’t volunteer during class. I was going to stay quiet as much as possible.

David was glad to see me as well. He hadn’t believed what he’d seen on the six P.M. news, so he had taped the eleven P.M. broadcast. He had it on tape for me. I thanked him, and told him I was going to be sore and quiet for a while, that’s all.

I got a big hug from Sherry going into study hall. Luckily, my ribs were much better. I whispered in her ear, thanking her for her concern, and letting her know I was going to be pretty quiet today. I kissed her ear—she smelled delicious. We sat together, and worked through problems pretty quietly. She was getting very good at math.

After math, walking with Betty, she asked if I was up to going that night. I told her I certainly was—I was looking forward to it. She smiled and we agreed to meet in front of the library at City. They’d pick me up after math.

I got more hugs at lunch. While I liked having Donna and Sherry sitting close to me, hip to hip, I knew part of me was comparing them with Beth, and with Karen. Was it the years, or was it more than that? Attitude and personality? Betty seemed more mature, emotionally, than Donna certainly.

At one point Donna went off, not believing me when I’d said I still loved my dad. I held her hands and told her I wanted him to be free from suffering; I wanted him to be at peace. I could tell Donna didn’t understand. Betty did—I could see that.

For some reason, Physics was hard. I was losing it again. Luckily, the fat fool was lecturing, which for him meant he talked to the board as he wrote on it. Rachel took my hand and held it under the desk through most of the class.

After class as we stood up, I leaned over to her and whispered in her ear, “Thank you—I needed that today.”

She smiled to me and said, “Any time, Andy.”

Outside, Donna scooped me up and we headed to her car.

“What’s between you and Rachel?” she asked.

“She’s concerned, that’s all,” I told her.

She gave me a funny look, then smiled and pressed her hip into me a little more. “Good. Keep it that way.”

I laughed as well as I could. She drove me to City, and once again tried to tickle my tonsils when we parked. I told her I had a ride home today. She nodded, and told me she’d see me tomorrow—wishing me pleasant dreams.

Karen was waiting again. I walked up to her and smiled. I’d been tired, but between kissing Donna, and seeing Karen, I was feeling better again.

“Hi,” I said softly.

She smiled. “Tell me?”

I took her hand and we sat on a bench.

“You know about my dad beating up my mom and me, and hitting a cop?” I asked her. She nodded, and held my hand. “We were in court yesterday morning for some hearing. During a break ...” It was hard to talk. She squeezed my hand, and looked in my eyes. I saw concern, but something else—that maturity again.

“I walked by him, and he jumped me, and choked me. It took a few cops to pry him off. I’m bruised, and sore, and my voice is screwed up. You can see the bruises.” I lifted my head a little. She touched my neck. Her hands were cool and soft. She made a sympathetic noise.

“There was video on one of the local TV stations last night. That’s it.” That wasn’t it, but I didn’t think I could tell her what he’d been screaming. I wanted to tell her, but didn’t think the words would come out.

She nodded. “What happens now?” she asked.

I smiled. “We go to class.”

She shook her head and laughed softly. It looked as if she was going to say something else, but she stood up. I stood up as well, leaving my books on the bench.

I looked at her questioningly. “Hug?” I asked softly. She smiled and held me. I held her softly. It was only for the space of a few breaths, but it helped. As we pulled apart, I told her, “I need all the hugs I can get.”

She picked up our books, handing me mine. “We all do, Andy. I’ll see you tomorrow. Take care.”

“Thanks, Karen. See you in the morning.”

I made it to math in time. He gave us a quiz. I did it, and took it up to his desk. I wasn’t the first one finished. He looked at me, then looked over the three pages for the quiz. He looked at each problem, checking them off as he went. He gave me a frown on number eight. He said quietly, “We don’t cover that method in this class,” then put a check by that one. He went through the rest, then flipped back to the first page and wrote “100” on top, and shook my hand. I said, “Thank you, sir,” and left.

We’d agreed to meet by the library entrance. I sat in my usual spot.

What now, indeed? Focus on the present, plan on the future. Stanford? That’s where I wanted to go. Okay, we’ll find a way. Girlfriends? I laughed to myself. I wasn’t really in Sherry and Donna’s league. I knew they were still active cheerleaders, and from what I’d gotten Saturday, still going out with others. Who were my peers? Rachel? Karen? I started thinking about Rachel, but as I did, I visualized Karen, her head arched back, her eyes closed, moaning.

A horn honking brought me back. I saw a Mercedes, with Betty in the back seat, waving. I waved and got up, picking up my stuff. I got in the back seat as she slid over.

Her dad was driving. I thanked him for picking me up. He asked how I was feeling today. I told him I was sore, and wouldn’t be entering any yodeling competitions. He laughed.

Their house was on the other side of the high school, in an upscale neighborhood. A BMW was parked in the driveway. I followed Betty’s lead in shedding my shoes as we went into the house, adding to the collection on the front porch.

I knew she had a brother, Gary, two years younger. I said hello to him. Their mom was unloading Chinese take-out food into dishes on the table. Betty introduced me to her. As I stepped into the kitchen, following Betty, we entered an area that was brightly lit. Her dad made a whistling noise.

“Andy, I’m a doctor. Mind if I take a look at you?” he asked me.

I shrugged. “No, as long as you tell me what you find.”

He nodded. “A good bargain. Sit here, please.”

I sat on a kitchen chair. He lifted my chin and turned my head a little each way. He touched my neck gently, pressing, feeling. I heard Gary say, “Wow—pretty colors!” His dad said something in Chinese, and Gary left the room.

Mr. Chan, Doctor Chan, told me he was an endocrinologist. The position of some of the bruises concerned him—he was concerned about possible damage to the glands in my neck. We talked about what had happened at the hospital. By this time, Mrs. Chan was also in the room. Doctor Chan talked with her in Chinese.

He wanted to know who was taking care of me. I told him Aunt Beth (being formal about it), and that she was a registered nurse. Mrs. Chan asked me if I was seeing a doctor. Well, I was seeing one quite regularly, so I said, “Emily Carmichael.”

This startled her. She nodded, and asked how I’d gotten to see her. I told her it had been through Aunt Beth. Recently, or had I been seeing her for a long time? I told her it had been the last couple of months. She spoke to her husband in Chinese, then told me in English, “I told my husband that you are seeing one of the best people in the state, if not the country.”

I nodded. “She’s helped me tremendously.”

We washed up and sat down to eat. I was presented with a problem. I looked to Betty. Gary figured it out quickly and started laughing. He was wolfing down food with his chopsticks. Betty set me up with a pair tied together with a rubber band and a small piece of paper folded between them. She showed me how to use them. It wasn’t easy, but I wouldn’t starve.

We talked about school, the administration and what I thought of them, and about City College. I tended to pull my punches, not being quite as open with them as I was with Betty.

Mrs. Chan asked how I felt about my dad. I paused a little. I looked at her and said, “He’s still my father. I still love him. May he be free from suffering. May he be at peace. May we all be free from suffering. May we all be at peace.”

Doctor Chan looked at me with a slight smile and nodded.

“Is that something Doctor Carmichael has taught you?” Mrs. Chan asked.

“To a certain extent. Aunt Beth has helped, giving me things to read, and talking through things as well. It’s helped me to deal with problems.”

Doctor Chan asked, “Such as?”

I smiled. “Seeing and accepting things as they is,” I said clearly.

Gary said quickly, “Are!”

I smiled. Doctor Chan and his wife smiled and nodded their heads to me. Betty gave me an inquisitive look.

“Accepting things as they is—without being judgmental. Suzuki-Roshi said that in his biography, ‘Crooked Cucumber.’ You should read it,” I told her.

“Would you like to study Zen?” Mrs. Chan asked.

I was starting to get the hang of chopsticks. I had a better idea why Chinese liked sticky rice. I nodded, “Some time. I’ll keep reading, but right now it’s finishing high school, and then college.”

Dr. Chan asked, “Where do you want to go?”

I sighed. “I want to go to Stanford. I’ve been accepted.”

Mrs. Chan asked, “What do you want to study?”

I smiled. “I was thinking about math and physics, but after the last month, I know it’s going to be one of those, and psychology.”

She smiled and her husband laughed softly. “Have you read much psychology?” she asked.

I shook my head. “I read through the book they use for the intro class at City, and decided not to take the class last year. I took anthro instead. I don’t know where to start. Emily has mentioned some things.”

She nodded. “You should ask her for a reading list. Has she mentioned Jung? Assagioli?”

“I remember Assagioli—Roberto Assagioli, I think.”

Dr. Chan said, “We need to be going dear, and he is Doctor Carmichael’s client.”

She laughed. “Of course. Andy, I’m a psychiatrist as well. I have the greatest respect for Doctor Carmichael. Actually, I’m a little envious. I wish I could talk to her some times.” Her husband gave her an inquisitive look. I guessed I shouldn’t mention seeing her every day of the week for two weeks.

I helped clean up. I’d almost forgotten to take my pills. I got them out, and took them with a glass of water. Betty’s dad asked what I was taking, but before I could answer, her mom cleared her throat loudly. He told me that was okay, and smiled to his wife.

We got into the big Mercedes and headed off. Gary sat in the middle between Betty and me in the back seat. Betty’s dad asked if I’d gone to many concerts. I thought of how to answer that question, knowing there was a psychiatrist in the front seat. I went for full disclosure, and told them I’d hardly gone out. Betty’s mom asked some pointed questions about family life, and I answered them as well as I could. I needed someone to hold. Her dad broke in and described what we were going to hear. Gary piped in—he knew quite a lot about classical music. I didn’t know much at all.

The concert was good—the first one I’d been to. I sat between Betty and Gary. Gary was animated—he knew the music, and his whole body responded to it. Some parts were slower, more emotive; I held Betty’s hand, and she held mine.

They dropped me off afterwards. I thanked them very much—I’d enjoyed the evening. Her parents asked me if I’d like to do that again. I told them I would, very much. I told Betty I’d see her in the morning.

When I went in, Beth wasn’t home yet. It was about nine thirty, and on Tuesday and Thursday she didn’t get home until after ten. I dropped my books on the table. The videotape went next to the TV. I rummaged the freezer for some ice cream. I was hungry.

Beth arrived shortly after ten. I’d just finished washing my bowl. I walked over to her, and after she’d put down her bag, we hugged.

She sighed. “Oh, I missed you. How are you doing?”

I held her. “I’m exhausted. I need to be held.”

We were in bed a few minutes later, and went to sleep holding each other.

Now I had doctors chasing me in my dreams. Betty’s father was chasing me with a huge syringe. They were going to do something dreadful to me—turn me into my father. I was running for Beth, and for Emily. I woke up frightened, sweating, disoriented. Beth held me, I think, or tried to. She finally had me sitting up, and was shaking me.

“It’s okay, I’m awake now,” I told her. We held each other. We both got up to use the bathroom. I had some water. It was four in the morning.

We sat in the dark at the edge of the bed. I told her of my dream, and a little bit about the evening. We got back in bed. She started drawing circles on my forehead, talking to me. She unwound me, and we explored for a while. Then she relaxed me again. I was in her arms, holding her.

The alarm clock went off, and she rolled to me, running her hands over me. It didn’t take me long to rise to her interest. She pulled me on top of her, and we made love hungrily.

We made it to school with not a lot of time to spare. I kissed her goodbye. As I got out of the car, I looked around for Karen—had she seen that? She was already seated in class when I got there—she hadn’t.

I had a little more energy, and my voice was stronger. Still, about halfway through French, I went quiet with a squeak. After a little tittering from the class, things moved on.

After class, walking out, Karen asked, “Are you okay? Want me to call anyone for you?”

I shook my head and smiled. I saw David and waved to him. He walked over. Karen told him, “Andy’s voice went out about halfway through class. Take good care of him for me.” She kissed me on the head. “See you later, Andy. Take care of yourself.”

I walked off with David. On the way over, he said, “I’d ask you who she is, but you probably wouldn’t tell me if you could talk!” I just grinned.

I didn’t even try to talk until lunch time. Sherry told Betty and Donna, “Now we can tell him what we want, and he can’t disagree with us.”

I whispered, “I don’t know about that!” That surprised them. I didn’t do much more talking. As Donna and Sherry left for a practice, they both kissed me. I held Betty’s hand and asked her to stick around.

“What is it, Andy?” she asked me.

“What’s your mother’s name?” I whispered to her.

She nodded. “She goes by Vivian Hsu. Why?”

I smiled. “I’ll see Emily this afternoon. I wanted to know.”

She shook her head. “My mom was really surprised. She thinks Doctor Carmichael is very special.”

I nodded. “She is very special.”

Betty got up. “Last night was fun. You need to practice with chopsticks!”

I nodded. “Thanks. I had fun, too, and I need to practice, especially with your brother around!”

I didn’t have the stomach for the fat fool in Physics today. I whispered to Donna, telling her I’d meet her near the parking lot after class. I told the fool I wasn’t well, and was going to the nurse’s office. He grunted.

The nurse looked me over. She had me gargle with warm salt water. I was amazed at how good that felt. After a few minutes, my voice was coming back. She had me rest for a while, chiding me for going to study hall, telling me I needed the rest. I nodded to her. She had me gargle some more before I left.

I met Donna and Rachel outside the classroom.

“How are you doing?” Rachel asked.

“Better,” I whispered. I felt I had more voice, but wanted to save it for Emily.

I was surprised when Rachel gave me a hug. Donna laughed softly and took me in her arm. We drove over to City, and necked in the parking lot. “Take it easy, sweetie,” she told me.

Karen was waiting, a little closer this time. She had quite the smirk on her face. “Feeling better?” she asked.

I nodded and took her arm. “Yes, quite a bit,” I told her softly.

We walked over to the bench we’d occupied before, and sat down. I looked at her.

“What is it, Andy?” she asked.

I sighed. I did a lot of that these days. “You’re different,” I whispered. “You’re different than a lot of the other people in classes here. You ... radiate a maturity, a competence, a sense of self-sufficiency and security.” I shook my head. “I’m sorry, Karen.”

She laughed softly and held my hand. “Oh Andy, thank you. You’ve changed the last few weeks. Before, you were just the really bright, really young kid in the corner. Now you’ve got it as well—that sense of solidity, purpose. We really are alike.”

I shook my head. “God, I hope not. I mean that positively, Karen. I don’t know anything about you, and I’ve been pouring out parts of my soul to you. You don’t need that shit. God only knows; I don’t want it—why should I burden you with it?”

She shook her head. “Andy, I think some other people are telling you to talk about things, so I don’t need to do that—too much.” She smiled. “Where should I start? I’m twenty, living at home with my dad, who is never there. It’s like having a roommate who’s never around, but pays the bills. My parents went through a nasty divorce three years ago.” Her smile vanished. “That’s one of the reasons I’m at City College, rather than at Cal State.”

I held her hands. “I’m sorry, Karen. I really am. I wish some times...”

She nodded, her smile returning a little. “I know; I wish it too. But I survived, and I know you will, and we both know others who have.”

I shook my head. “And we both know kids who were fucked over beyond salvation.”

She sighed and nodded. “I know, Andy, but you’re not one of them. Neither am I.”

I looked at my watch. It was getting late. “What class do you have next?” I asked her.

She smiled. “I’m done for the day. I have one later class on Tuesday and Thursday, but the other days, this is it.”

“So you’ve been hanging around for me?”

She nodded.

I thought about math. We’d be going over the quiz today, and then starting the next chapter. “I’d like to talk some more,” I told her.

“So would I,” she answered.

“Can we move over by the library?”

“Sure, why?”

“That’s where I meet my ride,” I told her.

She stood, and I picked up both our piles of books. “Sure, lead on.”

We walked over to the bench where I’d meet Emily. We sat down and talked. She’d been accepted to a number of universities, but because of money problems, she was spending at least one year, perhaps two, here at City. She was told she’d be able to transfer in, and had applied for every scholarship imaginable. She hoped to hear in the next few months.

With her parents, it had been her mom that seemed to be the cause of it. It was her mom who moved out, after running up extravagant bills. The court fight had been vicious, and expensive. Ultimately, her dad had prevailed, and managed to keep their house, but was also saddled with some of her mom’s bills.

I held her hand. I told her I didn’t expect too much of a fight, as my dad would probably be in jail for a year or two at least—assaulting mom and me, whacking a cop, resisting arrest, jumping me in court.

Then I told her I didn’t understand what set that thing off in court—his attorney making this wild claim about him wanting full custody of me, when everyone knew he didn’t want anything to do with me—everyone sure knew that now, after what he screamed as he choked the shit out of me.

She frowned. “Andy, it’s a fucking game they play. My mom did the same thing, fighting for full custody of me, even after I told her to her face I’d sleep in the streets before I slept under the same roof as her. It was something to fight about. She made my dad fight to keep me, and at the end she even admitted she never wanted me at all. That fight was worth a year at Cal State. I hate that bitch.”

I shook my head. “Karen, don’t say that. She is still your mother. Yes, she’s screwed up. Yes, she hurt you, and your dad. But that’s over. How does hating her help you heal your own wounds, and let her heal hers?”

She gave me a ragged sigh. “Andy, she hurt me, hurt us so bad.”

I raised my chin and put one of her hands on my neck. “And that’s just the outside. But he’s still my dad. I wish him peace.”

“Maybe we should get your mom and my dad together?” she asked.

I grinned. “Or your mom and my dad?”

She broke a smile. “Yep.” She sighed again. “Andy, what do we do?”

“Forgive? Heal ourselves? Get on with life? I know, easy to say, and damn hard to do.”

She nodded. I held out my arms. We hugged each other in silence for a while.

“What are you going to do now?” she asked me when we sat back.

We were still holding hands. “Talk to you, get through school, figure out how to pay for college, figure out women.”

She laughed. “You seem to understand them pretty well from what I’ve seen.”

I looked at her, smiling. I had that vision of her again, her head back, eyes closed, moaning...

“Karen, I don’t know how to get them to relax and enjoy it. Why are they in a hurry?”

Her head tilted back a little as she laughed, exposing that neck of hers. She tilted her head forward again, giving me the look I wanted—confidence, maturity, lust. “Andy,” she told me as we looked in each other’s eyes, “I’m in no hurry at all.”

A thought flashed through me. “Karen, I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. I’m in over my head, and the only way I know is forward. You may be the answer to dueling cheerleaders.”

She smiled. “Andy, I’ll think about it.”

We talked about classes for a while, what we did outside class. She was surprised at how little an outside life I had. I shook my head and told her that was dad’s influence. Then I grinned at her and told her that was changing. She laughed.

I heard a honk. Emily was here. I stood up, and we hugged again. “Karen, I’ll see you in the morning. Thanks.”

She patted me on the back. “Take care, Andy. See you in the morning.”

I got into the car, buckled up, and we were on our way.

“Who was your friend?” Emily asked.

“Karen—she’s in my French class in the mornings. We’ve been talking. It seems we share some of the same scars and bruises.”

That got me a raised eyebrow.

I smiled, taking a breath. “Doctor Vivian Hsu sends her regards. She told me I should ask you for a reading list. I’m going to be a psych major—I might as well get started.” Gee, I guess I’d decided on a major.

“Where did you meet Doctor Hsu?”

“I’m in a math class with her daughter at high school. I went to the Symphony with them last night. Got to meet the family. Her dad is a doctor as well. He was worried about possible glandular damage.”

Emily nodded and smiled. “We’ll want to do follow-up tests in a month or so. Your voice sounds pretty good. How are you feeling?”

I sighed and leaned back. I told her. I was confused. I thought I knew where I was going, but there were so many unknowns. We talked about a lot of things. We spent a good deal of time talking about Karen. I recounted what she’d told me of her parents splitting up, and the bitterness I felt from her.

Emily asked me what I felt toward my dad. I wasn’t sure—I was still somewhat numb. But part of me wanted him to be happy, to be at peace. I didn’t want him hurt.

We continued talking, parked out in front of the house. Emily gave me two of her cards. They were impressive. She asked me to give one to Karen—she’d like to speak with her, at no charge. I thanked Emily for all the help she’d been to me, to us.

I went inside and started dinner. I left those conversations feeling better, yet turbulent and drained—like someone stirring up a stream bed, the waters were murky until things settled out again, settled out into new configurations.

Beth got home. We hugged, and I gave her time to unwind and clean up while I set the table and finished preparing dinner.

As we ate, we talked about the day. I told her I’d surprised myself by telling Emily I was going to be a psych major. When I told her I’d asked for a reading list, Beth gave me a low laugh.

“What’s wrong with that?” I asked. “Is that an imposition on her? Was that outside the scope of our relationship?”

Beth shook her head as she munched salad, washing it down with a sip of Riesling. “No, there’s nothing wrong with that. I think you’re in for a surprise, that’s all.”

“Oh? What?”

She shook her head. “We’ll see. What else?”

We talked about the rest of the day. I told her about Karen, talking with her, and Emily wanting to talk to her. Beth told me Emily was especially interested in talking with survivors—kids who had gone through difficult situations, and come out the other side intact. I nodded.

We cleaned up the kitchen afterwards, and then opened the books. I started to fade a little after nine. I folded up my stuff and packed it away. I looked over and Beth started doing the same.

“Running out of steam?” she asked.

I nodded. “My eyes were moving over the page, but they weren’t connected to anything.”

“I’ve been there. Oh, come here and hold me.”

How can you turn down an invitation like that? I sat on the couch with her and held her. After a couple of minutes, I sat back a bit and asked, “Is something wrong? What’s up?”

She gave me a half smile. “You’re getting good.” She sighed. “Oh Andy.... It’s my schedule. As much as I love your cooking, and eating with you, I felt like I got so much more done Tuesday, and didn’t have to rush to come home, eat, and then head to school.”

I held her hands. “So don’t come home for dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I’ll live. Do what’s right for you.”

She smiled and shook her head. “You’re not going to put up a fight? Demand I come home to eat with you?”

I smiled. “I’m going to demand you come home so I can eat you. How about that?”

She laughed, her head dipping back. I love kissing her neck.

“And I need to be held. Oh Beth, how I need to be held.”

She grabbed me, quickly, hungrily. As she spoke, I could feel the edge in her voice. “Andy, I need it too—oh, I need it. Hold me, Andy. Hold me.”

We held each other on the couch. Gradually our need turned into heat, and we cleaned up quickly and went to bed. Our lovemaking was frantic at first. We paused and laughed a bit, holding each other and rocking, then continued at a more leisurely pace. We went to sleep holding each other.

She held me and suckled me in the morning, until we had to get up. We got ready, and she dropped me off at City. I squeezed her hand, and told her I’d be waiting for her when she got home. She raked my leg with her nails, and let me see the fire in her eyes.

End of Part 3

Rev 8/27/2000