The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Occulus, Part Two

(FADE IN
The tavern, daytime
The Tavern Keeper is at a table happily counting the money from last night, including Occulus’ earnings and the Baron’s bribe. Tanya is on the floor scrubbing with a pail and brush. She gets up and pads barefoot to the tavern’s back door. She is throwing out the dirty water when she is startled. Occulus and Magda are approaching on foot. Occulus wears a black hood, and he uses a long stick like a blind man. Magda guides him with an arm entwined with his. Tanya scampers back into the tavern.
TANYA
(excitedly):

It’s him....the mesmerist....coming to the back door...I think he’s blind.

TAVERN KEEPER:

What the Devil is he bothering me for.... (He pockets a small sack of coins and goes behind the bar and gets a small club and heads out back. Occulus and Magda are now at the back door. Magda carries a small sack.) That’s far enough..state your business, and be quick about it,

MAGDA:

You have Master’s money....Give Master his money.

TAVERN KEEPER:

With all the trouble you caused me...it’s my money now...my restitution for all the guff I took from the Baron and that damn police inspector. ) I warned you about ribaldry...this is a decent town with decent folks. Now, if I were you I would get out of this valley and quick. The Baron’s...

OCCULUS:

Not a forgiving man....so I’ve heard. Is it true he’s gone?

TAVERN KEEPER:

I don’t know nothing about that. I do know that the Inspector’s still here, and he very much wants a word with you about what you done to Liz and Tanya.

OCCULUS
(some anger):

Doubtless due to falsehoods he’s been fed. Perhaps I should speak with him so Magda and I can give our side....show him my injuries...perhaps he will want to speak to you again.

TAVERN KEEPER:

Look... I want no quarrel with you...and I’m sorry about ...about your “accident”, I really am. I’ll give you this...(he takes out the small sack of coins, and throws it Magda’s feet.) Take it...and never come around here again.

MAGDA:

But that’s a fraction of Master’s money, you’re nothing but.....

(Occulus turns his head slightly towards her. She immediately stops mid sentence, her hands falling loosely at her sides. Slowly, she bends down and picks up the money)
OCCULUS:

All right....I agree, but with one additional condition. We have not eaten since yesterday. Give us food and drink for our journey out of the valley and we will quit this place forever.

TAVERN KEEPER:

Tanya! Come here. (Tanya joins them. She nervously avoids looking at Occulus.) Give em bread, a wheel of cheese, and a jug of the cheap red. (he turns and re-enters the tavern.) Take the food....and be gone with you.

TANYA:

You want to sit while I get the provisions? Do you want some water?

OCCULUS:

No, thank you my dear. I hope you harbor no ill will towards me. Whatever “ribaldry” that occurred happened upon the demand of the Baron.

TANYA:

(putting bread into a sack) It’s all blurry what happened. I mostly remember feeling real good and relaxed. Anyway....going around without me shoes and stockings ain’t no hardship on me, me being a farm girl at heart. (She sticks out a foot to make the point,) Are you hurt bad?

OCCULUS:

No...in someways I’m better than ever. Let me show you. ( He quickly removes the hood. Close up of the sack of bread falling at her feet as she gasps, then back to her horrified but fascinated face)

TANYA:

No.......

OCCULUS:

Shhhhhhhhhh, my dear, just gaze into my eye, deeply into my eye....feel my will burn all thought and will away...

(Close up of her now blank, hypnotized face.)
(FADE OUT/FADE IN. The Tavern Keeper has returned to his table and counting his money. Tanya re-enters the main room. She is moving slowly, her hands loose at her sides. He turns and looks at her)
TAVERN KEEPER:

Gone?

(Nods her head slowly, and comes directly behind where he is sitting.)
TAVERN KEEPER:

Good riddance. Now you keep your mouth shut about this and I’ll make it worth your while. (He looks down at her feet). If you’re done with the floor, best get your shoes on....customers will be here soon.

(Instead of complying, she begins massaging his shoulders. He is surprised at this intimacy, then relaxes and begins to enjoy the massage.)
TAVERN KEEPER
(smiling lasciviously :

So now you love me again....I see through you Tanya. You see all this coin and you want a taste. Maybe we can figure out how you can earn some of it....

(Her hands work up to his throat)
TAVERN KEEPER:

Hey...you’ve got strong fingers....be more gentle...( Close up on Tanya’s face, which is a mask of murderous rage. Close up of her hand tightening around his neck. He gurgles and begins to flay about, but she seems to have superhuman strength. Close up on her face as a sickening crunching sound is heard. The rage fades from her face until its blank. She pulls her hands up, and they are bloody. They fall loosely at her side, and she turns and walks like a sleepwalker to the back room.

TANYA
(entranced voice):

It is done, Master.

OCCULUS:

Where is the other barmaid...Lisette I believe was her name?

TANYA:

This is her half day off, Master....she’s probably with her man, Horst.

OCCULUS:

How disappointing, we must have her delightful company again, and soon. The Baron found her quite fetching and we must prepare her for a proper entertainment for him. Now, Tanya my dear, I want you to wash the blood from your hands, and put all of the money in a sack. Magda...you know what to do.

TANYA:

Yes, Master.

MAGDA:

I obey, my Master.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
A small crowd is gathered in front of the tavern. They are joined by Lisette and Horst.)
FIRST CROWD MEMBER:

Lizzy...why ain’t he open.

LISETTE:

I...I don’t know...I’ll go around back..I know a way in. (She leaves.)

SECOND CROWD MEMBER:

Hurry up...I don’t got too long before the missus will come looking for me.

HORST:

Patience, Janus...if she comes...I’ll entertain her.

(The crowd laughs at the joke when there is a blood curdling scream from within the tavern.)
HIRST:

Lizzy!!!

( He breaks down the front door, and crowd enters. Lisette is by the back room, her hands at her pale face. The Tavern Keeper sits still in his chair with a crushed throat, his head hanging loosely. tables and chairs are knocked over.)
LADY
(pointing):

LOOK! ( A large eye is painted in blood on the wall.)

FIRST CROWD MEMBER:

IT’S A GYPSY CURSE....THE SIGN OF THE EVIL EYE....DON’T LOOK AT IT! (The crowd averts their eyes.)

Second Crowd Member
(picking up a bracelet):

Gypsy jewels! Get the Inspector!

Lisette
(gathers her wits):

HORST....WHERE’S TANYA?

Third Crowd Member
(yelling from the back room):

SHE’S BACK HERE!

(Lisette, Horst and several villagers go there. Tanya is on the floor, her hands and wrists tied and her mouth gagged with colorful cloth. Horst goes to untie her. He removes the gag and looks at it. Tanya seems dazed and incoherent.)
HORST:

It’s....gypsy cloth, sure.

FIRST CROWD MEMBER:

Get the Inspector!

SECOND CROWD MEMBER:

Forget him.....the Baron’s the only one who knows what to do with Gypsy filth.

Fade Out/Fade In.
(A little later, The Inspector and Dr. Klein are in the back room. Tanya is now seated, and Lisette is bringing her a cup of water, which she takes.)
INSPECTOR:

So..if I understand your testimony, 4 gypsy men entered the Tavern. They claimed they wanted vengeance on the Baron... so why attack the tavern?

TANYA:

They said that since the Baron is a coward..that’s their word, not mine.....they’ll get their vengeance on the town.

LISETTE:

Inspector...surely you can interrogate her later...she’s been through so much.

DOCTOR:

Miss..understand...he has to get these details while the memories are fresh.....

INSPECTOR:

No, no I have enough for now....Doctor can I have a word......Lisette, take Tanya to her room.

(They both walked out the back door. )
INSPECTOR:

Sadly, this will all go in my report, which the Baron is sure to get a copy of, which means another eventful visit from His Honor. As you have heard...he takes a special interest in gypsy malfeasance. Have you any thoughts to add to my report?

DOCTOR:

No...not for your report,

INSPECTOR:

C’mon on man, out with it.......what’s on your mind?

DOCTOR:

We haven’t seen a gypsy camp in over a year...ever since the Baron and his friends had their fun.

INSPECTOR:

Yes. For all of their mystical talk, I’ve always known them to be an imminently practical people. And this kind of open violence has never been their style. They know they can’t take on all the power he can bring to bear.

DOCTOR:

If you wanted the Baron to return here for some reason, wouldn’t a supposed gypsy attack be the best bait?

INSPECTOR:

Yes...I thought of that. Much of this crime scene seems almost designed to lead us down that path. But why would Tanya lie about all of this...what does she have to gain?

DOCTOR:

I can’t tell you...but I can tell you that as you were talking to her I was taking her pulse, and it was almost too slow.

INSPECTOR:

So?

DOCTOR:

I would expect it to beat terribly fast, considering what she had been through. Of course, I would expect a fast pulse if she was lying to you.....I can’t explain it. But there’s something else. Did you see the dried blood under her finger nails and on the soles of her feet? I found no cut on her....and she says nothing about anyone else being injured. She was tied up...she could not have gone to help the Innkeeper...so how does the blood get on her?

INSPECTOR:
(laughing)

You’re not suggesting that Tanya is the murderer?

DOCTOR
(defeated, shoulders slumping):

The man that utterly crushed that thick throat had to of been a brute...he nearly tore the head off the neck...there’s no way a woman such as she could have done it, unless........

INSPECTOR
(interrupting) :

So in the end, you and I have doubts and suppositions, but the facts are the facts, and it is only facts that can go in my report. I don’t want the Baron back here causing trouble....but the facts are the facts.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
Tanya’s room. Lisette is trying to get Tanya to lie down. Tanya grabs her hand)
TANYA:

I’m telling you, Lizzy, I’m all right now....except.....I want to get out of this place...too many horrible memories here.

LISETTE:

But Tanya....where can we go with those murderers lurking?

TANYA:

They let me live...they have no interest in hurting women. Let’s go to my family’s farm for a day or two.......they’ll protect us if needed. It’s not too far....if we go now we can be there before sundown. You know you don’t want to stay here anymore.

LISETTE:

No I don’t...it’s not far you say?

TANYA:

Less than an hour’s walk. Please, Lizzy...it will be safe...and there’s a friend of mine you just have to meet.

LISETTE
(headed towards the door):

All right, all right. Let me just pack a few things and write a note to Horst....

(door knocks, Lisette opens and Horst enters)
HORST:

Never fear ladies, I’m going to watch over the two of you until the fiends are caught or dead. Lizzy... I overheard something about you packing....we going someplace?

(A flash of frustration passes over Tanya’s face)
LISETTE:

You’re just in time, darling. Tanya wants to go....

TANYA
(interrupting, a smile now hiding her anger):

You know, Lizzy...I do feel unsteady... I guess it’s all catching up with me....maybe I should rest a bit.

HORST:

You lie down Tanya, you’ve had a fright. Lizzy, stay with her. There still cleaning up downstairs...nothing you want to see. I’ll be right outside.

TONYA:

That’s just......wonderful.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN. It’s w late at night. Horst is nodding off in his chair, a half empty bottle of brandy next to him. Inside the girls’ room, both are also deep asleep.
FADE OUT/FADE IN
De. Klein is intently reading a book. The camera zooms in and the title reads “Essays on Hypnotism by Jean Marie Charcot.” Occasionally, Klein writes notes.
FADE IN/FADE OUT
The Inspector’s parlor. He is reading a telegram, then crumples it angrily. His wife, a handsome woman in her early 40’s brings him tea.)
WIFE:

Darling, what’s the matter?

INSPECTOR:

We can look “forward” to seeing His Honor, the Baron tomorrow. Maybe it is for the best. I’m getting reports of missing young women, both here in town and in the country. The Baron has petitioned the Commissioner to sack me and I can’t say I blame him.

WIFE:

That’s nonsense, darling....this town needs you.

INSPECTOR:

Perhaps. I know one thing.....my gut says this is something bigger than angry gypsies. I’ll stake my life on it.

(FADE IN/FADE OUT
A cave, lit by torches. Occulus, without his hood, sits in the center of a pentagram painted on the cavern floor. His eye glows with a golden light. Magda and three peasant women, all barefoot and in short black shifts with a red eye drawn on the front are dancing in a circle around him, chanting.)
OCCULUS
(whispering, voice rising with each repetition):

Tanya.....Tanya......

(FADE IN FADE OUT
Close up of Tanya’s sleeping face. Her eyes open, and a sensuous smile grows on her lips.)
TANYA
(whispering):

I’m coming, Master.

(Close up of Tanya’s bare feet moving to the floor and tip toeing across the room. Lisette sleeps on. Tanya carefully pads past the now sleeping Horst.
Out side the Tavern, you see Tanya sleepwalk through the village, barefoot and in her long white night gown.
FADE OUT/FADE IN
Tanya is now in the cave staring raptly into Occulus’ eye)
OCCULUS:

Slave, why have you not brought Lisette to me as I commanded?

TANYA
(a tear rolling down her cheek):

I tried, Master...it’s..It’s Horst...he never leaves our side. But...why do you need her...or these other trollops....I love you so...Ive killed for you.. .......I’m the only slave you need.

OCCULUS
(forcefully, his eye beginning to glow even more intensely):

YOU DO NOT QUESTION...YOU ONLY OBEY

TANYA
(totally subservient now):

obey...

OCCULUS:

This Horst has become an obstacle...and must be removed.

TANYA:

Yes, Master.....he must be removed.....

(FADE IN/ FADE OUT Dawn. The girls’ room. Lisette, in her nightgown, see’s Tanya’s empty bed. She gets up and goes to the window. She sees Tanya sleepwalking towards the tavern. She goes to the door, and looks with disgust at Horst and the bottle.)
LISETTE
(whispering):

Horst...wake up.....

(Horst grumbles and snores even louder. Lisette hears a door open and shut and goes back to bed and pretends to sleep. Tanya tip toes back into the room, and goes to bed. Close up om Lisette’s concerned face.
(FADE OUT/FADE IN Morning. Dr. Klein’s office. The Inspector is showing the telegram to the doctor. His nurse enters.)
NURSE:

Herr Doctor....Miss Bruner wishes to speak to you

DOCTOR:

Is she sick?

NURSE:

She won’t say, sir.

DOCTOR:

Show her in. (the nurse leaves and brings Lisette into the room) Inspector, let me ask her about my idea.

INSPECTOR:

You will not, Doctor. I will not be responsible for exposing her to any further “experiments”.

(Lisette enters)
LISETTE:

Good...you’re both here.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN The Inn hallway. Horst still asleep in his chair. Tanya, dressed but still barefoot is standing next to him, a goblet in her hand)
TANYA
(grabbing his shoulder and speaking in a sarcastic voice):

I hear in the Army they shoot you if you sleep on guard duty.

(Horst slowly comes awake, he groans and rubs his temples. Tanya hands him the water. He looks at her feet.)
HORST:

Where have you been?

TANYA:

No where, silly.

HORST:

Then how’d your feet get so filthy?

TANYA
(seductively, pulling her dress hem up to expose her left leg to the thigh):

I was hoping you’d look at more of me than my feet.

HORST
(whispering urgently, but not saying no):

Easy Darling......Lisette...

TANYA:

Gone for the morning...said she had to speak to the doctor.

HORST
(obviously tempted):

I guess she’s safe enough with him. I think he fancies her a bit. But, I don’t understand, Tanya. You said I had to choose between the two of you and since I chose Lizzy, you were done with me forever.

TANYA:

Let’s just say recent events have...changed my mind. Life’s too short to deny yourself pleasure. And what sweet Lizzy don’t know ain’t going to hurt her none. (She pulls him up and they began to passionately kiss. He pulls her towards her room.)

TANYA:

No...my love..not there...too easy for her to come back and surprise us...( She pulls him down stairs and into the back room.)

TANYA:

Let’s go down into the wine cellar. If we hear her... we can say we were getting a bottle for you for tonight.

HORST:

Well let’s get going then. (He reaches for her)

TANYA
(pulling away):

You go down first. clear out a space......I’m going to get a blanket for us.

HORST:

Well hurry then. (He starts down the stairs into the dark wine cellar. Tanya’s seductive smile fades and her face grows blank. She moves behind him and kicks him in his mid back. He screams and falls down the stairs. Tanya gets a candle and lights it from the oven and goes into the cellar. On the way, she picks up the Tavern Keeper’s club. Horst is crumpled on the floor, unmoving. His head rests at an odd angle to his neck. His eyes are closed and his head is bleeding from a skull fracture. She turns and goes back up the stairs. She pauses and looks back down.

TANYA
(tearfully):

I’m so sorry,...but there’s only one love in life now.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
The doctor’s office.
LISETTE:

So I decided to confront her. I asked her where she had been all night. She said no where, said I had been dreaming.

DOCTOR:

Perhaps you were...you’ve had an eventful few days. It is known that can cause strange dreams.

LISETTE:

It was no dream, Doctor. Her feet and the bottom of her night dress had dried mud. There’s more, she keeps insisting I need to go with her to the country, to meet a friend of hers. She won’t stop asking. Sometimes, when she doesn’t think I’m looking, she just stares off into space with a blank look on her face. I’m telling you, she has not been herself ever since the tavern was robbed. It’s as if she’s bewitched...or.....

DOCTOR:

Mesmerized?

LISETTE:

How did you know....

DOCTOR:

I studied hypnotism in university. When I examined her after the tavern attack, her eyes were heavily dilated. (He turns to the inspector) It also explains the steady pulse breathing when she should be agitated.

INSPECTOR:

More theories and suppositions, Doctor?

DOCTOR:

It would explain her behavior. (The Inspector pulls him away from where Lisette can hear them)

INSPECTOR(quietly):

Where are you going with this, Doctor. There is no way Tanya would be involved in something like this. She’s a bit rough around the edges....but she’s a good girl. And besides, you said it yourself...even if she wanted to, she wouldn’t have the strength to almost rip a man’s head off in a fight.

DOCTOR:

Not in her normal state of mind she couldn’t. But Modern Science has documented that deeply hypnotized people, even pretty young women, can be induced to great acts of physical strength and pain tolerance. In a class, I once saw an entranced woman hold her hand over a flame for a minute, while another kept her feet in a bucket of ice water for ten. Neither suffered a tad. And neither had no memory of what they had done.

INSPECTOR
(growing intrigued):

And this Occulus could make a good girl kill for him?

DOCTOR:

There’s a division of thought. I had always subscribed to the school that held that one cannot be hypnotized into actions against one’s moral code. But there is so much we don’t yet understand about hypnotism yet. (A train whistle blows insistently)

INSPECTOR:

That would be the Baron...he does so enjoys grand entrances. (Turns to speak to Lisette.) Good Day, Miss. Thank you for bringing this information to my attention. (Bows, and leaves. Dr. Klein returns back to Lisette.)

LISETTE:

When I first arrived, you and the Inspector seemed to be arguing about something about an experiment and me. May I ask, what were you talking about?

DOCTOR:

It’s just this....All of these troubles began when you and Tanya were hypno...I mean mesmerized by Dr. Occulus. Tanya seems to be still entranced...something happened to her...and you that night. I need to know what.

LISETTE:

I keep trying to remember, Doctor...I really do. Sometimes I get flashes of memories....of a meadow brook....but mostly of his eyes. That’s all I come up with. I am so sorry I’m not being more helpful.

DOCTOR:

It’s not your fault at all...or Tanya’s. A common side effect of mesmerism is hypnotic amnesia. But if mesmerism can hide a memory, it can also reveal it.

LISETTE:

So...you want to mesmerize me?

DOCTOR:

A scientist would say hypnotize you. But, yes, that is what I propose. A scientific experiment in which I safely place you into a trance, and see if I can help you retrieve the lost memories of that night. But, the Inspector has forbidden it.

LISETTE:

I would think it would be my decision, not his.

DOCTOR:

You would let me then? I promise you I have studied up on it, and that you will be completely safe?

LISETTE:

I trust you.

DOCTOR:

Don’t you wish to speak with Horst...is he not your intended?

LISETTE:

Horst is sweet, but I fear he intends to be with all the pretty women in the village. He talks of marriage, but a woman knows when a man does not mean it. No...I make my own decisions, I have ever since I was orphaned.

DOCTOR:

I admire your spirit....

(knock on the door)
NURSE:

Herr Doctor, the Inspector is sending for you...you’re to come to the Tavern immediately...alone.

LISETTE:

Oh no...Tanya..is she all right?

DOCTOR:

I’m sure it’s nothing...stay here with my nurse. Maybe I can prevail on the Inspector to agree to my experiment now that I know you agree. It is his investigation, and I do need to show him deference. (takes his medical bag and leaves in a hurry).

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
Horst’s corpse is hanging from the large tree in front of the tavern, a drawing in blood on his shirt depicting a red eye. A crowd of angry villagers are gathered, Next to the tree is the Baron and his party, all on horseback and armed to the teeth. As Dr. Klein approaches, the Baron angrily points at the body.
BARON:

So Inspector.....is this how you protect MY Village? MY people? I say there’s only one thing Gyspy scum understand...and it has nothing to do with your legal niceties. IT’S THE GUN! Who hear will join my friends and I as we finish the job I started...a job that would have been finished but for the interference of this incompetent policeman. Who’s with me?

(Murmurs, then shouted agreements of the crowd as all of the able bodied men join the Baron’s party and march with him out of town.
Vrakor lags behind, and rides up to the Inspector and hands him a document.
VRAKOR:

That’s warrant from the Imperial Palace granting the Baron the power to pacify this valley. You’re to stay out of our way this time, Inspector. Oh...and by the way...you’re being relieved, pending the arrival of your replacement. Stay here....you won’t want to see what the Baron has in mind.

(He rides off)
DOCTOR:

I’m sorry, old man.

INSPECTOR:

Tell me...why would the fiends kill Horst? He’s not particularly connected to the Baron.

DOCTOR:

No reason other than to sow terror here in town....except.. he’s been guarding Tanya...and...

INSPECTOR:

Miss Lisette! Doctor....is she still at you office?

DOCTOR:

Yes, with my nurse. (They both begin running)

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
Dr. Klein’s office, where Lisette sits pensively. The door opens)
NURSE:

She’s in here, Master.

LiISETTE
(lightheartedly):

Don’t tell me he makes you call him that..it’s positively .....

(Occulus and Magda enter the room. She removes his hood. close up of Occulus grinning maniacally)
LISETTE:
(screams)
(FADE OUT/FADE IN
Inspector and Dr. Klein at at Klein’s door, which is locked.)
INSPECTOR:

That was a scream. Don’t you have a key, man?

DOCTOR:

I ran out so fast when you summoned me I did not take it off the hook.

INSPECTOR:

I didn’t summon you..It was a trick to get you away.....we have to get in there...doesn’t your office have a window?

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
The office. Magda is trying to hold Lisette. Occulus, his back to the window is cradling Lisette’s head)
LISETTE:

LET ME GO!

OCCULUS:

There’s no need for this fuss, pretty Lisette...just open your eyes and we’ll have a little chat. OPEN YOUR EYES.

LISETTE:

NO....no....no..(Despite her words, her eyes slightly open)

OCCULUS
(smiles)

That’s it, pretty dove........just look into my eye.

(His eye begins to glow. Her eyes fully open and her expression grows blank as her lips slightly part. She stops struggling against Magda)
MAGDA
(pointing):

MASTER.....THE WINDOW!!!!!

OCCULUS:

NOOOOOOOOOO, ! I JUST NEED FOR FEW MORE MOMENTS....

MAGDA
(tugging on his arm):

WE MUST GO......

(The Inspector pulls his revolver and fires a shot that shatters the window and narrowly misses Occulus. Occulus lets go of Lisette’s head, and she collapses in a faint. Occulus and Magda flee the room. Occulus’ back is always to the Inspector. Dr. Klein and the Inspector climb through the window. Dr. Klein goes to Lisette, while the Inspector heads for the door, his gun drawn.)
INSPECTOR:

HALT

(He reaches the door and freezes in place.)

Doctor, come here quickly!

(Klein get’s up and joins the Inspector. The nurse is standing in front of them. She is stripped down to her slip and bare feet and holding a scalpel to her own neck.)
NURSE
(entranced voice and expression):

If you leave that room, I will kill myself.

DOCTOR:

Nurse Schappner...You have to snap out of it......(edging closer while the Inspector holsters his gun)

NURSE:

It is an honor to die for my Master

(she smiles and moves the scalpel closer to her throat until the tip touches her skin. Klein stops and she also stops moving. The Inspector takes advantage of the fact she is focused on the Doctor and lunges, grabbing the hand holding the scalpel. She immediately passes out. The Inspector, drawing his gun again, heads toward the back door.)
INSPECTOR:

See to the women, doctor...I’ll go after them.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
It is growing dark. Lisette and the Nurse are seated in chairs, looking disorientated.)
DOCTOR:

No luck?

INSPECTOR
(shaking his head):

Not a trace. The Ladies?

DOCTOR:

Slight case of shock...they both should recover.....but they have no memory.

INSPECTOR:
(long pause as he seems to be thinking)

Doctor....tell me about your experiment again.

FADE OUT