The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Occulus, Part Three

(FADE IN. Occulus’ secret cavern lair. Magda and Tanya are present as well as a growing harem of local young women, all barefoot and wearing short, black shifts that show much of their bosoms. Occulus stomps about in a rage, as all of the women except Magda stand frozen in deep hypnotic trances. Magda remains enslaved, but seems to have been allowed more awareness than the others.)
OCCULUS:

I HAD HER IN MY GRASP......ANOTHER FEW SECONDS AND SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN MINE FOREVER....

MAGDA:

Master...Perhaps Tanya is right...do we really need her.....Any of these girls should do as bait...

Occulus:

NO.......IT MUST BE LISETTE! (calms down somewhat) The Baron lusts for her....my revenge will be complete when it is she seduces and betrays him....humiliates him....destroys him. We must find away to deal with this Doctor and the cursed Policeman.

Magda
(Bowing her head in submission):

You know I can deny you nothing, My Master.....even if it means my life......but how can we go back into town now? The Inspector and his men are alerted now...and they have guns. Even with the slaves that you left there in place......

Occulus:
(Thinking):

Quiet, woman. Perhaps we do not have to go there. Even though I did not have time to fully enslave her...I did touch her mind. She has a strong will, but perhaps tonight, while she sleeps, I can influence her to come to me. Magda...make the preparations for the ritual.

Magda
(head still bowed):

Yes, My Master.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
A spare bedroom in the Inspector’s home. Lisette is in a nightgown, under the covers. She is sitting up, propped up by pillows. She stares as the Doctor who, sitting on the side of the bed, dangles a jeweled pendant before her eyes, which appear half closed. The Inspector stands behind him, fascinated.
DOCTOR
(close up on his face):

That’s it...so heavy...just close your eyes now and rest. (Close up of her eyes closing, and her head slumping forward. The Doctor gently lifts her chin so that her head sinks into an upright pillow. He seems somewhat surprised by his success.) I...I think she’s actually under.

INSPECTOR:

I thought there would be more hand waiving and such.

DOCTOR:

That kind of hocus-pocus is used by mesmerists like Occulus to create an aura of mysticism for their audience. A scientifically trained hypnotist needs only a calm voice, a focus, and, most important, a willing subject.

INSPECTOR:

A focus?

DOCTOR:

Usually an object that the subjects can focus their attention upon...I used your wife’s pendant...Occulus apparently uses his eyes.

INSPECTOR:

If she’s under.....command her to remember.

DOCTOR:

It’s not that simple. Now quiet. (Turns back to Lisette). Miss Lisette....can you hear me?

LISETTE:

Yesssssss

DOCTOR:

You gave me permission to hypnotize you. Do you remember why?

LISETTE:

To help me remember...remember what Dr. Occulus did to me...to Tanya..(becoming agitated)...we must help Tanya.....Doctor.....we must....

DOCTOR:

Shhhhhhhh.... we will....with your help. But you must stay calm and always remember that whatever you recall...it is just a memory and that you are perfectly safe with me. Will you do that, Lisette?

LISETTE
(calming down, almost an intimate aspect to her voice.):

Yes Doctor....I trust you...feel safe with you.

DOCTOR:

Now I want you to imagine that it is again last Saturday night. Occulus has come to the Tavern.

LISETTE:

Herr Lichtner, the Tavern Keeper, says we’re to volunteer...for the show...says he will pay us extra if we do. Tells us to play along...act mesmerized. Dr. Occulus says that won’t be necessary...that he will really put us into a trance. I don’t want to do this.....I tell them to just use Tanya...I don’t want to lose control and make a spectacle of myself in public. Dr. Occulus is fine with that....but Herr Lichtner insists...Dr. Occulus....is kind and apologizes. He whispers that he will keep the demonstration decent....that he will mostly use Tanya.....I finally give in......he does Tanya first...she goes under quickly....I take longer....I don’t want to be mesmerized....but he does have the most beautiful eyes....they seem almost golden......

(FADE OUT/FADE IN)
INSPECTOR:

I’ve heard enough about Tanya becoming a chicken, Doctor.

DOCTOR:

Yes...quite. Lisette..let us move forward to the Baron and his party taking over the show.

LISETTE
(frowning):

He makes the crowd leave...like the bully he is....tells Dr. Occulus to make us do things....things he and his friends want....Dr. Occulus does not want to....tries to protect us..the Baron threatens him.....then.......then...

DOCTOR:

Go on Lisette, remembering you are perfectly safe.

LISETTE:

Then...all of the sudden.....we’re not in the Tavern anymore.

INSPECTOR:

Not in the Tavern....what is she talking about?

DOCTOR:

Quiet! Lisette, where are you now?

LISETTE
(smiling, fanning herself):

We’re in a beautiful meadow, next to a clear stream...it’s so nice....but it is a little warm (begins fanning herself). Tanya is such a peasant...she’s stripping off her shoes in stockings so she can cool her feet in the water. The water is inviting...but no....no...I shouldn’t.....I’m no peasant......but his eyes....his eyes...so beautiful...he whispers that I must go along....water so inviting........Yes....it would be so refreshing...

(Lisette suddenly throws off the covers, and swings her bare feet off of the bed. She then pantomimes removing her shoes and stockings and mimics dangling her feet in cool water. A contented smile grows on her face.)
INSPECTOR
(turning away embarrassed):

The cad....taking advantage of these young women...having them disrobe.....

DOCTOR:

Yes...but what choice did he have?

(Lisette suddenly stands, smiling.)
LISETTE:

Horst is here!...I’m confused...he’s visiting family...or some peasant girl in the country more likely....Oh stop Horst....you know you don’t need to sweet talk me. But I look a mess..(she looks down at her bare feet and blushes)..turn your back while I put my shoes back on. He wants me to kiss him...he’s demanding it.....I give in........(she mimics kissing a man a little taller than her.) Somethings wrong.....It looks like Horst, but not gentle like Horst.....(growing scared and angry) hands all over me. Horst....stop....you’re going too fast...please...I blink...and I’m not in a meadow...I’m back in the tavern.....it’s not Horst....it’s the Baron...trying to have his way with me. I....I slap him....slap him hard... He looks like he’s about to kill me and everything goes black.......then Tanya is pulling me from the floor.....no...no...they’re beating Dr. Occulus.....Tanya...we must help the poor man.....she’s stronger...pulls me to the back room. (her voice grows frantic) I can hear them beating him...a man is screaming...things go black again. (The Doctor lays her back into bed and covers her).

DOCTOR:

So it was the Baron taking liberties with her. Your last duty here shall be to swear out complaint against him.

INSPECTOR:

You know a man with his connections is above the law. Even if that wasn’t true, no court will receive evidence based on mesmerism. Besides, we have more pressing matters.....this Occulus may have begun this all as an innocent...but that does not excuse two murders and multiple kidnappings. We can only assume that the Baron is Occulus’ ultimate target. Ironic as it may seem....it is up to us to save the Baron’s hide, not to mention the poor women Occulus has abducted and bewitched.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
The cavern. As Magda chants and beats on a drum, the other women are dancing in a circle around Occulus.)
OCCULUS:

Lisette.....Lisette....Lisette....

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
Close up of Lisette’s sleeping face as she begins to frown and slightly shake her head)
DOCTOR:

Lisette....what’s wrong?

LISETTE:

It’s him.........Occulus........calling to me........wants me to go to him......I can fight him....I won’t go.......

DOCTOR:

That’s it, Lisette, you must resist him.....I will help you. (turns to the Inspector). This is incredible. The show he put on in the Tavern....that’s all well within what we know are the limits of hypnosis. His “mesmerism” was fundamentally the same as my scientific hypnosis, just more skillfully done. But this.......reaching out to her mind from a distance....let alone what he was able to make Tanya and my nurse do......I don’t think Charcot himself could do these things. (turns back to the girl). Lisette, listen carefully...block out his summons and listen to me.

LISETTE:

Yes, Doctor...I’ll try.

DOCTOR:

I want you to focus on what happened to you after I left this afternoon to go to the Tavern and I left you with my nurse.

LISETTE:

Must I..too horrible...

DOCTOR:

Please, Lisette. You’ll be perfectly safe...it will just be a memory....I will be here with you.

LISETTE:

I’ll....Ill do it for you. (pauses) I sit in your office for a time, talking with your nurse. The bell rings, and she says it might be a patient. She’s gone for a short time, then I hear her say “She’s in here, Master.". I think you have returned but instead Dr. Occulus and his gypsy woman enter. His head....is covered with a black hood. Before I can scream, the gypsy takes off the hood (grows upset)...his face.........his face it’s horrible.....

DOCTOR:

Scarred from his burn?

LISSETE
(thoughtful pause):

No...not scarred.....changed........he has one large, golden eye in the center of his forehead.

INSPECTOR:

One eye in his forehead?

DOCTOR:

It must be some kind of hypnotic hallucination....Tell me about the eye, Lisette

LISETTE:

I can’t look away....It’s as if the rest of the room fades away...it’s not human...it’s filled with golden fire...it’s horrible...so..horrible....so......beautiful...his eye....I feel like I’m falling into it.....feel him touching my soul......nothing else in the world matters..must gaze into his beautiful eye and....and obey him in all things. He is my master. He is my master.

(She sits up and swings her legs off the bed again. Her eyes open, but she stays more deeply entranced.)
LISETTE:

My Master calls and I must go to him....

INSPECTOR
(worried):

Doctor?

DOCTOR
(grabbing her arms and sitting her down.):

I’m such a fool...by having her re-experience his hypnotic assault, I’ve totally opened her mind to his summons...Hold her down...(The Inspector takes his place while the Doctor withdraws a bottle and a cloth from his medical bag. He pours some ether on the cloth, and clamps it over her nose and mouth. After some struggle, she falls asleep.) That was close. We will have to watch her closely until the Baron and the other men find Occulus...her, my nurse, and Tanya if she turns up.

INSPECTOR:

We can’t wait for the Baron and those other fools to find him...they’re not looking for Occulus, and I doubt they’ll believe a fantastical tale about mesmerism. You heard her mention Occulus’s gypsy woman......her name is Magda. She was a kind of white witch and healer for her people until the Baron drove them out of the valley. The mountains around this valley are riddled with a network of caves...caves the gypsies have used for generations as secret lairs.

DOCTOR:

The Baron found them before.....

INSPECTOR:

Yes, he did.....because they didn’t know they had anything to fear and were camping in the open. No, if Occulus has benefit of her knowledge, they....or us...could spend a lifetime searching the mountains.

DOCTOR
(thinking):

But we must find him if we hope to end his influence over these women.......

INSPECTOR:

Go on..

DOCTOR
(to himself):

It’s a terrible risk....but I don’t see any other way...Lisette will have to lead us to him.....He’s calling to her...we can assume he will guide her.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
The Inspector’s wife is in the hallway listening at the door to the room where Lisette is being held. She is in her nightgown and is not wearing slippers. She has heard everything. She tip toes to another door, takes out a key and quietly unlocks that door. She enters. The nurse is on the bed, still in her slip. She appears to be asleep. The Inspector’s wife kneels by her side and whispers into the nurse’s ear. Her eyes open and she sits up.
NURSE:

I understand...I must warn the Master.

(she gets out of bed, and leaves. The wife arranges the pillows and blanket to make it look like someone is still in the bed. She then leaves, locks the door again gently and goes to the front room. She is at the coat rack where the inspector’s hat, uniform coat, and holster hang. She reaches for them.
FADE IN/ FADE OUT
hours later, now past midnight
EXTERIOR of Inspector’s house. The Inspector and the Doctor hide behind bushes)
DOCTOR:

I should have checked on my nurse. Who knows what mischief she could cause if Occulus commands it.

INSPECTOR:

Constable Utretch will watch her and my wife. I told them both not to trust her and to keep her locked in the room. Helga said she had just checked on her and that she was sleeping fine. Hopefully Utretch believed me when I told him how dangerous she might be, As for Lisette, they know to let her go. I have a man in the back in case she gets out that way. I wish we could bring some men, but they’re needed to guard the women still here.

DOCTOR
(pointing):

Look!

(The front door opens, and Lisette emerges still in her nightgown. She walks like a dreaming sleepwalker)
INSPECTOR:

I wish we could have at least put a robe on her and slippers on her feet.

DOCTOR:

That would give us away.

INSPECTOR:

She’s headed towards the old Mill, there’s a cave entrance not far from there. Let’s go.

(Lisette continues her sleepwalk though the town, with the two men covertly following. She pads by an abandoned mill on the outskirts, and begins going up a slight wooded slope. The two men follow. She gets to a cave entrance, where she is met by two of Occulus’ slaves, one of whom is carrying a torch. The other takes her by the arm and the three hypnotized women go into the cave.)
DOCTOR
(whispering):

We’re in luck, we can follow the light of their torch.

INSPECTOR
(concerned):

Lucky...perhaps. (He draws his pistol as they follow into the darkness.

FADE OUT/FADE IN. The two men are in the tunnel. Ahead of them, the cave opens into a chamber with much light.) They creep up and gaze inside. As they get closer they hear female voices chanting, and a drum. They look inside and see the chamber lit by torches. There is a slope on the far end that goes up to a ledge with an exit where Lisette, her back to them, is standing before Occulus, golden light pouring onto her upraised face. )
DOCTOR:

His face! What’s happened to his face....We’ve got get Lisette away from the monster...

INSPECTOR:

Doctor...quiet

OCCULUS:

No mind...no will of your own now....my gaze burns away all such things......You are but a slave....and I am your Master.

LISETTE
(smiling, completely entranced):

I am your slave.....you are my Master. I love only you...I obey only you....

DOCTOR
(stepping into the chamber):

LET HER GO...YOU FIEND!!

INSPECTOR
(trying but failing to grab his arm) :

NO, Doctor...it may be a......

(Magda takes Lisette’s arm and pulls her away from the chamber. leaving a laughing Occulus, who stands with his hands on his hips as he looks down on the Doctor and the Inspector. Both men now are fully into the chamber. The Inspector points his pistol at Occulus.)
INSPECTOR:

You heard the Doctor......send the women down, now. I promise you I will do all I can to see that the Baron receives justice for what he did to you.

OCCULUS
(laughing insanely):

Justice? From you? No...I have been granted the power to get all the justice I need. The Baron will pay....and you will as well.

(The Inspector pulls the trigger, and there is a loud click)

Something wrong, Inspector?

INSPECTOR
(to Doctor Klein):

The firing pin’s been removed...WE’VE GOT TO GET UP THERE!

(The 2 men started running to the slope to the ledge. Occulus, still laughing maniacally, leaves the chamber)
OCCULUS
(from the upper tunnel):

MAGDA....DO IT NOW.

MAGDA:

Yes, Master.

(The two men are halfway up the ramp, when there is a rumble, and the chamber begins to shake, with dust falling from the ceiling. The shaking is such both men tumble back down the ramp. falling rock blocks both exits to the chamber. The Inspector helps the Doctor to his feet.)
INSPECTOR:

I tried to warn you...the gypsies set many traps within these caves.

DOCTOR:

How long before your men come looking for us?

INSPECTOR:

It’ll take days for even a large party to find us...and that assumes the Baron releases the villagers from his gypsy hunt. I fear we will be here for a long while. Since we have a lot of time on our hands....tell me...what could have cause Occulus’s deformity....I’ve seen many a man burnt....none of them ended up a cyclops.

DOCTOR:

That was no injury from a burn. I fear science and medicine cannot answer your questions.

(FADE OUT/FADE IN
The upper tunnel Occulus, Magda, and Lisette stand looking at the blocked entrance to the chamber.)
MAGDA:

Those poor men.....

OCCULUS:

Now, dear Magda...don’t let the fact I have left you some of your mind lead you astray. They are my enemies and they are paying the price.

MAGDA:

Yes, Master...I know.......at least you have this girl. Soon you will have your revenge and we can go back to our old life together...I can find a way to change you back and....

OCCULUS:

CHANGE ME BACK? And what...go back to being a traveling stage mesmerist, begging the uneducated to give me a few coins with my lowly gypsy witch at my side. You think too small my dear. Such power courses through me..limitless hypnotic power...the power to enslave countless women.....beautiful women....rich and powerful women.....I have the power to change the world to my liking.....and no one will stop me.....no one, Magda....(Occulus takes her head in his hands and his eye begins to glow.) You love me, don’t you, my dear.....want what is best for me?

MAGDA:

You know I do Master........I want only what is best for you......

OCCULUS
(satisfied, the glow stopping, he let’s go of her head. She stands entranced, then shakes her head):

And I love you as well...just as I love all of my pretty slaves.

(Tanya enters, wearing the black shift with the red eye)
TANYA:

Master, Anna reports that the Baron and his men are near the ravine.

OCCULUS:

Excellent....I must prepare the lovely Lisette for her role. Magda you are tired...you should rest....allow all your doubts to fade away and rest.

MAGDA:

Yes, Master (she slowly leaves, deeper in trance now)

OCCULUS:

Pretty Tanya, once I have instructed the fair Lisette as to her task, you and five other girls will take her to the Baron’s camp. Dress in your old clothes. You and the others will then deal with the Baron’s men as we discussed.

TANYA:

Yes, my Master.

OCCULUS:

Lisette...come here. (Lisette obediently stands before him and gazes into his eye,, which begins to glow again.)

Now my pet, who do you love?

LISETTE
(fully entranced):

You, Master.

OCCULUS:

Show me.

(Lisette falls into his embrace for a long, deep kiss. He breaks the kiss but keeps her in his embrace. She stare blissfully into his eye again. Tanya seems uncomfortable, but hides it from Occulus)
OCCULUS:

The Baron is evil, and he must die.

LISSETE
(Close up on her blissful face):

Yes, Master. The Baron is evil...The Baron must die.

FADE OUT