The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

UC:Fates Act3-Part2

“Please don’t make me go be poked and prodded again today.” Brenhar pleads with Lucas as her hands tremble with dread staring at the only non betraying dress from her closet, now laying on the bed.

“I know you are tired of them, but you are so much younger than expected they are concerned.” Lucas says as he dresses. As usual the last weeks, the lunch time meetings with healers on twes then doctors on thores days, have been a pain. The twes meeting this week had been mad, but the doctors have some new test they want to run and Brenhar is running out of patience with new tests.

“As if that bitch would allow a little thing like me getting sick to interfere with her plans.” Brenhar says disgusted as her favorite knee length winter dress with leggings no longer quite fits, “It would be so much simpler were I allowed to tell them what is really happening.”

“I told you last week that that dress wouldn’t fit you again.”

“I know, but I like it. It looks good on me.”

“Would you like to skip afternoon classes and go have another made in town? I know a clothes maker who could do a nice job by tomorrow evening.”

“Can we just leave from here?” She asks hopefully.

“Would it help if I just told you to be a good patient for them today?”

“Please don’t. Me being cooperative would be something new and they would have another dozen or more tests for me. Then I never would make it to get that replacement made before I tear this one trying to put it on.”

“Besides the obvious of drafting me as your consort, have you found a way to fight Lisa yet?” Lucas asks holding up the frumpy dress, her last one that still fits that she had thrown on the bed in disgust earlier.

“I’m stuck at the moment. The further I take it out, the less sense this makes as an opening move. I mean I make a great distraction, make no mistake, but this has the feel of something I haven’t thought of yet. I’m not fighting until the child is born at least, and only then once I understand the fight I’m in.”

“Smart.”

“Practical. Since you are going to be with me can you kindly ask that strawberry blond bitch of a doctor to please stop trying to get me to allow them to check the babies gender. If I wanted to know I would ask and we have a family tradition of not checking anyway. Or I will with all respect have an ‘I’m pregnant’ moment, rip her tonsils out with my fist and the jagged remains of her shattered teeth removed on the way in. Then shove it all out her belly button via her lungs.”

“I take it that question is getting old already?” Lucas asked startled at the sheer vehemence.

“Yes. I’m a tool and object to your Third Heir. I lost fair and square, fine. I am not an object to anyone else except you and they treat me as one at their own peril.”

“I thought the morning sickness was passing?”

“It is.” Brenhar admitted, “I just find that the relief that provides no longer covers my patience with her and her way of trying to poke in my head.”

“There are questions.” Lucas states laughing, “A lot of questions.”

“Questions that as my accepted consort and reason for friendly detante between our Familydoms you will not ask nor allow to be asked.” Brenhar answers surprising herself at how far her role Heir Primus allows her to go.

“Down dear, I’m not attacking you.”

“Do you mean that?”

“Of course I do, I have no reason to attack you.”

“Not that, the other.”

“Yes,” Lucas admits blushing, “That to. To my surprise you are not up close the person I saw at a distance at all.”

“I am not who I once was. I owe and blame it all on your Third Heir.” She admitted as she reluctantly put on the frumpy dress Lucas held out.

“Should I ask Lisa about Nicole or Yen as a chamber maid to help in here?” Lucas asked to change an uncomfortable subject.

“One woman not enough for you?” She asks teasingly.

“You’re to much for me really, but I meant with general cleaning since you are getting around a little less limberly than you are accustomed to.”

“Go ahead. Not that it matters, but I have no objection.” She replied as she turned her back motioning for him to please do up the zipper.

* * *

“Land and House Mothers Thomson.” The image in the mirror greeted.

“Land and House Mothers Michelson.” They greeted back, “To what do we owe the honor of your company today?”

“We mirror today about a delicate matter.”

“Which one? It seems the world is littered with them lately.”

“May we speak bluntly? Just the four of us?”

“Assuredly.”

“Then to the assembled staff on both sides, shoo.” Land Mother Thomson says with firm voice though smiling eyes.

“It is time for us to speak openly and flatly to avoid serious misunderstandings.” Land Mother Michelson agreed.

“Yes.” Land Mother Thomson agreed, “It is.”

“Are you aware your Third Heir is waging war on us?”

“If you are insinuating Lady Ericson had anything to do with your Heir Primus’s condition, it would appear she is waging peace on you.”

“Peace, war, the same thing.” House Mother Michelson replied, “Impossibilities aside, we all know she did it.”

“And?”

“And we suspect that your citizen is not the father.”

“If Lucas is not the father then why did you confirm him as her consort?”

“He is her keeper.” Land Mother Michelson replied, “To open that can of worms would be to invite many fishermen, neither of us wants that.”

“Is that why you pulled all but a token force from our mutual border?”

“Yes, and no.”

“Go on.”

“As you know we,” Land Mother Michelson begins, “are the oldest and largest of the Familydoms on this continent. What you can not know because we have kept it secret is that is we have problems. As we have grown bigger and had to do more, our Heirs have grown more fragile. All of Brenhar’s siblings are dead. Both boys and girls younger and older. Except the last, her older blood sister, they died doing exciting things as the young are known to do. As you know her sister died in childbirth, we also lost the child.”

“What you can’t know, what we have let no one know.” House Mother Michelson begins but is cut off.

“Do not speak.” House Mother Thomson interrupts suddenly making a hand sign of warding.

“What?” Land mother Michelson demands staring.

“Spring of hearts, the second moon; that is the wolf or archers moon, the lupe and the cale, the first joining of spring, call it what you will. Why don’t we all make a visit to your Consort’s home and celebrate that there?”

“Are you sure?” Land Mother Michelson asks still staring as she makes shushing motion to the others.

“Very.”

“A family affair then?”

“Very family.”

“Done.”

“I will make arrangements here personally.”

“Eve?” She asks referring to the day before.

“Eve, we’ll be waiting.” She replied breaking the connection.

“What was that all about?” Is asked by both Land Mothers at the same time.

“Communications problem.” Both House Mothers reply in unknowing stereo.

“I need a diplomatic courier, now!” Land Mother Thomson continues, “Lisa, Lady Ericson, warned us the mirrors are not as safe as we would like to believe. I think this is why she warned us and we have to warn them as well.”

“How far ahead do you think that girl is?” House Mother Thomson asks.

“I try not to think about that most days.” The Land Mother replies flatly.

* * *

“Can you make it to Dest and be talking with the Prince on the eve of Spring of Hearts?” Lisa asks Micah who has made a few small steps toward getting used to being waited on by Sien as his chamber maid. At least he no longer cringes when she climbs into his bed each night. He knows she has no choice and that bothers him, but she is warm and always seems to know just what he needs, or even wants, and has been an incredible tutor as well.

“I think so. The day before Hearts is always nearly empty in the people’s halls. He always attends then because he gets to hear things through, not just summaries.”

“I need you with him at seven bells, can you do that?”

“I can try, nothing more. The courts are very random and there is no predicting exactly when it will call a break or if he will have other things to do.”

“That will have to do.”

“What am I to say to him?”

“Don’t worry Micah.” Lisa said with a smile, “I’m sending Nicole with you as well.”

“Nicole? Why?”

“She will speak for me there.”

“She will? I thought she was like Sien?”

“She is, however a lot can still be done with her.”

“Ok. I still don’t understand though, why me?”

“You have something I need Micah: Recent contact with a member of government in Dest who is not in the middle of the political battles.” Lisa answered honestly, though as usual for her, incompletely.

“You think that will be enough?”

“It has to be.”

“I will do my best.”

“I’m counting on that. I also need to ask you for permission to do something to you.”

“What do you want to do?”

“I need to humble you after Sien goes on an errand. I will with your permission give you information to help you and provide some protection.”

“Do I need it?”

“Unfortunately, yes. Eventually someone will figure out the next step of my plans, even if they don’t identify me personally. That could be hard on you. You could get stuck in the middle of my mess and that would not be good.”

“How can you protect me?”

“By making it impossible to Humble you. For anyone but the Legents that is, and since I can’t do anything about them, I ignore them.”

“What? That’s impossible.” He gasped.

“I can make it so that you can’t be humbled unwillingly except by myself or Charles.”

“How?” Micah asked.

“You two will of course have the option of allowing each other, but that’s it. Controller and Controlee can in pairs allow each other, all else will be blocked.” Lisa told Micah while looking at Sien.

“I wondered.” Sien said softly, “Lucas should not have been able to survive testifying. Yet he went through it all with nary a problem, I wondered how. I have been talking with Brenhar and company when I could and she always deflected the conversation around that, now I know why.”

“Do you know what happens Sien, if someone Humbles Micah right now, by force that is?” Lisa asked.

“My collar activates.” She replies nervously, obviously she had picked up some information from Brenhar in their talks.

“Exactly. That is already in place, however, we have found an additional way to protect you both.”

“What do I do?” Micah asks.

“Sien, go find Nicole, return here with her.” Lisa orders.

“Yes ma’am.” Sien replies heading for the door. The door clicks and Micah’s world dissolves into white bliss for what seems like a heart beat, then returns.

“Done.” Lisa announces as his eyes focus.

“Wow, that was quick.”

“Not that quick.” Lisa says sitting back tired. Not wanting Micah to have even the tiniest clue what she just did to him. Distasteful, but necessary was her reasoning.

“Reporting as ordered Mistress Bitch.” Nicole says entering just behind Sien.

“As respectful as ever I see Nicole.” Lisa laughs.

“How in chaos name did you do this to me?” Nicole demands.

“Why don’t you be nice and strip for your host.”

“Whatever.” Nicole says as she begins undressing, “I take it I’m doing the kid as some sort of reward for him being a good boy?”

“What the hell?” Micah asks staring.

“Get him erect and muzzle yourself with it.” Lisa orders.

“By your command.” Nicole deadpans then kneels in front of Micah stroking him expertly erect before taking him in fully and just kneeling there with him mouthed.

“Sorry about that, we did what we could with her, but she still has an attitude.” Lisa apologizes.

“What the?” Micah stammers staring at Nicole knelt before him. The look of distaste and martyred patience at odds with the practiced opening of his pants and stroking him erect.

“Nicole, you now have a new primary role when not attending to school or other duties.” Lisa says and Nicole tries to look at her but her current predicament and position precludes her doing much about it or anything else, “Starting right now you are Micah’s sex toy. You are obedient and eager to please him in any sexual or other manner he desires. He can lend out your services freely and you will comply with all his desires happily.”

What are you doing?” Micah asks seeing Nicole’s eyes getting big and full of panic.

“Think of her as a bonus. While I value Sien enough to want you to keep her as herself, you can while you have her, lend Nicole freely.”

“Is she still her?” Micah asks and is shocked to see Nicole nod vigorously yes, as much as she can limited by her keeping him erect in her mouth.

“Can you remain respectful Nicole or do I need to mute you?” Lisa asks, then nods sagely as Nicole’s hands form a sign of prayer.

“What happened to her?” Micah asks.

“If you remain respectful you can let go Nicole.”

“Thank you.” Nicole says stammering as she gasps not daring to rise, or even move.

“While you are actively Micah’s sex toy you shall obey Sien, as sex toy to chambermaid. If you are not busy with a task assigned by Micah and Sien tells you do something, you shall. If she says to do one or more of his dorm mates, you will. She has full authority over you here in her place, the dorm, or so long as sex toy would normally obey a Chambermaid. Further, you will teach, with no attempt at training, Micah about girls in general and how to make them happy. His pleasure is the point, but you will teach him as much as he wishes to learn about how to give some of that pleasure back.”

“Yes mistress.” Nicole acknowledges, “I shall make the attempt, for my own pleasure if for no other reason.”

“I am also asking you both, this is not an order, to teach him about the dance of wills and the magic that entails. Hold nothing back.”

“Yes mistress.” Nicole and Sien say together.

“Nicole,” Lisa says turning to her, “If you want to show Micah what a ready, willing and able female is like tonight. As long as you keep up the role I will not officially change you into your role until you leave on the errand I am sending you all on.”

“That is more mercy than I expected mistress.”

“There is more to my goals than torturing people like you.”

“Thank you, I feel sick to my stomach saying it, but I mean it, thank you.” Nicole said seriously, “I hate the days of feeling the world at one remove, knowing that what I feel is me on the outside, but I’m not there.”

“I don’t want her if she’s not willing.” Micah announces.

“Doesn’t matter. Every night she gets you to pop in her is another night of freedom for her.”

“I hate her Micah, make no mistake, if I could kill her I would.” Nicole states flatly with something hovering in her look that Micah doesn’t recognize, “However, if sating you is how I get to keep thinking instead of being a zombie or golem, I’m game, and you get me full steam ahead.”

“Why?”

“Because the bitch has the law and pure force on her side.” Nicole stated staring at Micah as though weighing or judging something, “Legally she or Charles either one could sell me humbled to one of the entertainment houses...for those with unusual tastes.”

“Why such a sentence?” Micah asked.

“What is the sentence in Dest for premeditated attempted murder or killing a bystander when your attack goes wrong?” Lisa asks.

“Death. Death for both.” Micah answers in a whisper.

“She knows how well a court or tribunal case would go, so she either plays along or either of us can kill her out of hand. Or sell the opportunity to kill her, or simply sell her and she knows it. As harsh as we have been, she’s alive, not in jail, kind of free, and can hope we lose interest eventually.”

“And if I refuse her tonight?”

“Then she is a sex toy with no other thoughts by morning. She will awaken thinking only the thoughts of a sex toy, become a student for classes by fourth bell, and be your sex toy again by tenth bell.”

“I hate doing this, you.” Nicole said glumly, “Yet look at me. I can’t even get dressed until I’m given permission or ordered to. Take me Micah, if you don’t take my body, she will take my mind.”

“Then you choose?”

“Yes.” Nicole answered then looked at Lisa, “While I had bits of free time I looked up the collars and discovered something. The more time I spend in a limited role, one enforced by the collar, the more suppressed I myself become. If I fight hard enough long enough, I will no longer be awake or aware in my own right. So either I learn to obey and do as I am told as myself, or I become a puppet.”

“So I have to be cruel and take advantage of you in order to be nice to you?” Micah asks.

“Just the way she set it up.” Nicole grimaced, “If I don’t learn to want to do as I am told soon enough or well enough, I don’t get to want anything on my own anymore. I have to want to obey you if I am to keep my mind and my wits.”

“You are not a very nice person Third Heir.” Micah said with a disgusted look after turning to Lisa.

“I never claimed to be. To be fair, I got my ass handed to me before they did, and with a lot less warning. They should have looked at him closer given that he beat me.”

“True.” Nicole admitted grudgingly.

“Goodnight.” Lisa said to all as she rose to leave.

“Brenhar is right you know.” Nicole said looking at Lisa.

“About what?”

“You are dangerous.” Nicole said flatly, “You are going to kill an enormous number of people before you are done.”

“I hope to save even more.”

“Good luck Third Heir.” Nicole said firmly, “Now go away. I have to induce this young man to leave me as myself. I need the time to find a way to fight you.”

“A bold statement.” Lisa said stopping.

“Brenhar said you are a strategic genius, she also said you are a tactical moron, but not to fight you, yet, not to resist you, yet. To be as we are made or told to be. To be ready for when you make a mistake. So far, I see no sign of you actively recruiting your best asset, you know who he is, and that is a fatal flaw. It alone makes you worth fighting because it means you have one or more blind spots. So I know I will have a chance to fight you one day, I just have to be ready.”

“Go ahead, keep plotting, keep planning. I need to be kept on my toes.” Lisa ordered with a smile. “In fact, I’ll tell you what Nicole. If you choose to keep him sated and happy, if you keep yourself eager for him to have you, wanting him in you, you keep your wits, you keep your mind. However, the first order you refuse, the first desire you don’t meet, then I will take as much your mind as you have used between now and then. So if you really want to keep your mind, keep yourself wanting him in you daily, and him wanting to be there.”

“Yes ma’am. Now go away, I have to screw this young man to sleep so I can think for a while.” Nicole laughed as she began pulling at Micah’s clothes. Sien just stood looking confused as Nicole started in and her frown of confusion was the last thing Lisa saw before closing the door.

* * *

“Charles.” Lisa said interrupting his studies. Neither are much concerned with their actual school studies, their grades and achievements have lagged, but like Lisa, Charles has other things on his mind these days.

“Yeah.” He replies setting his book down, obviously welcoming the interruption.

“We’re alone for a while.” She said indicating her dorm with it’s complete lack other people present.

“I noticed, normally Sinda or Sandy is here studying at this time of night.”

“I asked them to be elsewhere.”

“What’s on your mind?”

“I need you, your help that is.”

“How can I help you Third Heir?” Charles asks jokingly.

“I’m serious.”

“Sorry.”

“No apology needed. I guess I’m the one who is too serious.” Lisa said then moved her chair to face him, “I have neglected you. I showed you the outline of what I am doing, yet I never asked if you wanted in, wanted to take part, I never invited you and I’m sorry.”

“Why now?”

“I’ve been thinking,” Lisa says hesitantly, “And I’ve been told I’m an idiot twice now by two people who dislike me but have to want me to succeed for their own well being.”

“And?”

“And I need you, if you will have me.”

“An odd recruiting method.”

“I am forced to consider that my opponents may see something I don’t. I can move Familydoms and Kingdoms with ease, yet on a personal level you surprised me.”

“How?” Charles asked.

“You really did release Sinda and Sandy. I didn’t expect you to. You are the youngest father since before the sync wars. You are a greater miracle than the one we forced on Brenhar.”

“I told you I would let them loose at the end of term.”

“But I didn’t, couldn’t, believe you, not in my heart.”

“Then why did you make your deal with me?”

“I needed you, need you. You have a natural knack for tactics that I am forced to admit I lack. I need that knack, I need you.”

“What do you need?”

“Will you be my partner? I think I understand what you meant now. I know you are not in my head anymore, you released me, yet I find that I miss having you as close as you once were.”

“I’m still here, I still share your bed.”

“That is my point, what I can see now that I didn’t before, is that I never share yours, you share mine.”

“So?”

“I need your help. I need it to help me fix a political problem of tactics.”

“Let’s start with your problem.” Charles says gently and Lisa fills him in on what her Mothers asked of her and the background of why.

“You never mentioned that your mother was dead.” Charles says disturbed a while later.

“She died in child birth, after a very hard pregnancy and labor. My father was, as the consort of the House Mother, touring the mine where my mother worked when the earth shook. They were trapped in the mine, everyone thought them gone, weeks passed but those who work our mines have always assumed the worst would happen. When the shaft was reopened two and a half moons later she was just showing and I have always been seen as a miracle. Had she lived, she would have been an adopted and accepted member of the house, my other mothers never looked down on her, never thought less of her for being foreign and a stranger. No effort was spared to save her, but fate always demands a price.”

“I take it you don’t really know much about her?”

“She was an immigrant to us, working in the mines for money. She had no family, she would not talk about why. Father, Dad, never recovered. I knew him as a bright and intelligent man, yet there was always something hollow in him. There was an accident when I was seven, they say I’m not ready to know about it yet, and he was injured. He never recovered, what ever it was that saved him in the mine, he didn’t have enough, if any, left that time and he eventually died from lacking it.”

“I’m sorry.” Charles whispered as he saw tears drop down her cheeks.

“That is why Sinda and Sandy were assigned to me. They are children of the clan of my sitters as a child, I went to live with them for a while after he died. They, Sinda and Sandy, returned with me and have been with me since then. That is why I took what happened to them so personally, why I was and am willing to do anything to protect them, they are as close as I have left to family. Closer in truth than my half blood sisters.”

“What can I do?”

“Can I, can you, do you want in?” Lisa stammered around asking.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes.”

“What kind of in?”

“I have battles close to home to fight, I need my back watched. I can’t afford another archives, I need someone to make sure I don’t forget the details as I weave the big picture. I want you to watch my back, then if we have a fight here; I’ll let you know what defines victory and leave it to you.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, and I can’t thank you enough for releasing them. If I had anything left to thank you with I would.”

“You just did.” Charles said a smile, “Yes I would be happy to watch your back.”

“Thank you. You don’t know what that means to me.”

“So what is this thing you have to do that you find so hard to ask me?”

“You said I could have Terl?”

“Yes.”

“Can I borrow you for a few hours as well?”

“What, one not enough for you?”

“No silly, any girl can get that, all we have to do is act not uninterested.”

“And I thought the guys were sexist.”

“It’s more true than not though. Seriously though, I need to try an experiment.”

“Are you going to try to put a mirror in his head?”

“Close enough.” Lisa replies stunned.

“You keep forgetting, I’m a techist at heart. I know where you’re headed and there are some things you need to know first.”

“Ok.”

“I need you to mount then kiss me.”

“Oh that, any time, you know that.”

“Seriously. I know you solved most of the rest of the female seed magic problem. Now you are already laced with my seed magic, it’s what you’ve been using for exploring the archives. Now what you need to do is give me some of yours. Place a drop on the base of my skull in the back before mounting me.”

“Then?”

“Then we humble each other together. It’s derived from the private meeting method you showed me.”

“Alright.” Lisa said doing as he wanted. It seemed a waste to stroke him erect then simply mount, but order were orders she laughed to herself.

“Do what I do.” Charles said tying to tune out the feeling of her on him, of him in her.

“Alright.” Lisa said did as he did.

“What do you think?” Charles asked.

“Wow.” Lisa whispered. She was in a white oval room with two large chairs in it facing each other on an off white oval. She and Charles sat in them facing each other, she was unsure whose mind they were in.

“Now step with me to the middle, give me a big kiss and do as I do again.”

“Ok.” Lisa whispered, lost in the concept of the common room. She embraced him, they kissed as and she felt his will gather then move, she moved as he moved.

“Where are we?” Lisa asked looking around, she saw they were in a tunnel, but that was all she could tell.

“Not quite anywhere yet.” Charles answered with a laugh, “Come on.”

“Ok.” Lisa answered following. She gasped in surprise when the tunnel opened to an all white room filled with smaller Charles’s running to and fro, “Where are we again?”

“Welcome to me, come on.” Charles says leading her towards an open office front.

“Welcome.” The only slightly smaller version of Charles said in greeting.

“I need seven hall passes for visitors. Good for questions and answers, interactives and archives.”

“Here you go sir.” The clerk said cheerfully, “Have a nice day.”

“Come on.” Charles said laughing as she stared, “Your turn.”

“Ok.” Lisa mumbled overwhelmed and lost. Down the tunnel they went and out through the other end where Lisa saw the most ridiculous sight. Miniature versions of herself running around doing whatever it was they did.

“Oh my.” Lisa said upon that most puzzling experience of meeting ones own self for the first time as a near perfect copy of herself came over.

“How can I help you?” The almost Lisa asked.

“I guess I need hall passes.” She replied to her almost self.

“What kind would you like?”

“Like these if you wouldn’t mind.” Charles said holding up his.

“Is that what you want?” The almost Lisa asked Lisa.

“Yes.” She answered staring. Seeing ones self like this, the aspects of herself running around, the differences showed to her. Where all of Charles’s had looked the same as well as others she has visited like this, to her eyes, the aspects of herself were each a tiny bit different.

“Are you ok?” Charles asked.

“Yes. I think so anyway.” Lisa answered, “I’ve just never had the chance to meet myself before. I hadn’t realized I had, have, whatever, that kind of presence.”

“Meeting one’s self for the first time is disconcerting.”

“Yes. Yes it is.”

“Will the gentleman be staying this time? We still have his accommodations available if you wish.”

“He was here before?” Lisa asked then smiled, “Of course he was. You made your own quarters didn’t you, even before you knew about all this?”

“I guess so.” Charles answered, he hadn’t considered the idea before.

“If the gentleman wishes, those quarters are his for life. He is welcome anytime.”

“Lisa!” Charles hisses.

“Level of accommodation provided?” The almost Lisa asks.

“Full.” She tells herself then turns to Charles, “I gave my word. I am yours in exchange for what I need.”

“That is not what a partner does.”

“Maybe not, but it is what one who owes a debt like I owe does.”

“Later on that then. Now we exchange hall passes.”

“Ok.” Lisa says taking his while he takes hers.

“Now pull the cord out that you make yourself see and hang one on your neck.” He tells her as he demonstrates, “Then go give your front desk my six passes while I go give mine yours. Meet me in the tunnel.”

“Ok.” Lisa agrees puzzled then deposits the passes and returns to the hallway.

“Now stretch the cord out like this.” Charles tells her then takes the pass while the cord is still around her neck and ties its cord to the cord on her pass.

“What are you doing?”

“Hold on.” Charles says and Lisa finds herself back in the oval room. They are still kissing and she feels the hall passes tied between them.

“Wow.” Lisa mumbles once they are out again. She is still on him and finds herself wanting to take advantage of it. She has been so busy pretending she still cares about school and planning that other wants and needs have taken on a low enough priority they were simply ignored. Now that she is in the moment, the reason for the moment is lost in the moment itself and she reacts. Time passes as she enjoys feeling Charles respond to her and herself respond to him. Where they have gotten along before, it is different this time.

“I’m sorry.” Charles whispers some time later waking Lisa. Her head is still on his chest, her ears still attuned to his gentle pulse, his breath a gentle reminder of life.

“About what?” She mumbles astonished at how hard it is to talk when she is not awake yet.

“About this,” He answers gesturing to them in bed together, “But that is the last time we can do that for a while.”

“Why?” She asks as the pleasant carnally exhausted buzz retreats.

“It has to do with how I am able to help you.”

“What do you mean?” Lisa asks as mental alarm bells go off.

“What is the basic illustration of Pythagorean law for buildings.”

“Umm,” Lisa stammers then she just knows, “Oh yeah, you take right triangle, that is one with two sides perpendicular or at ninety degrees to each other forming an aborted cross. One leg is three units long, the other is four units long, then if the third leg is five units long it is a right triangle. Thus in building you measure four units up a building and three out from the base, if the distance from those two points is five units, the building is straight up or perpendicular to the ground.”

“How do you know that?”

“I don’t know, I just do.” Lisa replies puzzled, she can’t remember studying geometry that way, ‘Geometry?’ she asks herself.

“That’s because you didn’t, I did. That is how buildings are checked by inspectors for square.”

“Then I know that measurements on building sway in summoned winds are measured in quarter hands or fingers per dozen stories because you do?” Lisa asks startled that she also knew that.

“Exactly. You could answer because you asked me. You used a hall pass to ask that. I used a hall pass to send back the answer to you.”

“That was why you tied ours together in the tunnel? You linked us?”

“Yes. With the six hall passes going back and forth we can have that many questions being asked and answered at the same time.”

“Wow.”

“The process started once we were both asleep at the same time. Subconscious leaks were happening almost immediately, that’s how it was so intense for both of us.”

“And once we woke?”

“Now we can’t do this again. The bridge tunnel works too well.”

“By welcoming you in, in the inner room, I welcomed you in.”

“Yes. It is also how we can fix the problem with your Heirs, we can do the same to them that you just did and they can be with child. Not over night like could happen with you and I, but easily.”

“It is?”

“Yes. I’ve spent some time reviewing your biggest problems while you were dozing. I know for instance that you want to give them both a gift, yet don’t want both to have the same father of their children, even if your Mothers would be fine with it.”

“Definitely.” Lisa agreed shocked at what he now knew, “Though that is what they will insist on, that they both bear children by the same father, you.”

“If your sister Heirs can trust you, we can do it.” Charles answered ignoring her last comment.

“Muren has a consort, but Tersa has never held a male for long.”

“The feel of it from you is Tersa gets mine, something about mollifying your Mothers, and finding a way to give Muren Leon’s, her real favorite that she for some reason doesn’t want the Mothers to know.”

“You know his name, we are linked then.”

“Is that your plan?”

“Can it be done?” Lisa asks then blinks, “Oh, it can, maybe. But it would mean linking Muren and Leon like we are now.”

“Go ahead with Terl, be sure to think it through at each step though.”

“Thank you.” Lisa softly.

“No, thank you, thank you for finally deciding you don’t have to carry it all alone.”

“I, I have always been alone.” Lisa admits for the first time in her life.

“Is there another way?”

“No.” Lisa whispers.

“Then if you must, do so and do so boldly. If we are damned, then I will be damned as an avenging angel, not a whimpering one.”

“I am sorry though.” Lisa says softly, “I found a way to spare the girls, but Terl.”

“It’s not sexist Lisa, it’s reality. Do it.”

“I’ll send Sinda and Sandy to you.”

“Not after what I did to them.”

“Just talk with them, you may be surprised.”

“Ok, I’ll talk.”

* * *

“Destination?” The conductor asked looking overwhelmed at the unexpected size of the crowd boarding at the train station in Michelson headed Destward, “Don’t really care, it’s just that I have to figure out where to put everyone to prevent this much confusion disembarking.”

“Dest, the capitol.” Micah answered with more confidence than he felt.

“Dest.” Sien replied blandly. She has been out of sorts since Nicole was included. Her role as Micah’s chambermaid carried authority, Lisa was serious, she really was his chamber maid in addition to being a student. Micah specifically ordered that school work took precedence over chores and insisted that she and Nicole share them as needed. Seeing her life long friend act as a literal sex toy to Micah was hard. She knows Nicole and she is nothing like that, yet to keep her wits she has had to delve into the role to force Micah to be sated. Unfortunately, this has meant that since Nicole joined them, she herself has only been with Micah once. The urges built into the damn collar are getting stronger to the point she is beginning to withdraw. Yet how does she compete with Nicole on the other side of the bed already stroking or mounting him before Sien’s own responsibilities are done, or the raw enthusiasm she throws into the role.

“Dest.” Nicole said with weary resignation. Since joining this merry band she has been being the perfect little sex toy, always ready willing and able. Always in bed first and on Micah every night out of fear that Lisa would force her to withdraw. Now they will be in Dest by morning and she still has no idea of her fate once they reach it, no idea why she was sent along.

“Compartment four.” He says pointing, “Next.”

“Hello.” A gentleman says just before they are due to pull out as he opens the door to the semi private four seat compartment where Micah, Sien and Nicole are sitting, “Sorry to intrude but the conductor said to go here.”

“Have a seat.” Micah told him absently, his mind elsewhere.

“Thank you. I’m Tae Roths, bound for Dest.” He replied introducing himself as he obviously decided something.

“I’m Micah, we’re headed for Dest as well.”

“Charmed, and who are these charming ladies?” Tagoni asked and Micah felt something brush against his mind.

“His chamber maid.” Sien told him honestly.

“Me, I’m his sex toy.” Nicole said with a smile as she rose to move toward him as though to make an offer surprising Micah.

“Impossible.” He whispers in response his failed attempt to humble the three of them, hesitating for just a moment before his hand raises. It is too late though, though Nicole was only raising her shields, his attack to humble her and them slid off their minds anyway, deflected by something else, throwing him completely off his game.

“Duemo.” Nicole whispers back, but her attack slides off his shields as he stares in horror at her standing there unhumbled.

“Duemo.” Sien whispers and Tae Roths slides silently to the floor, unconscious, in a forced sleep, he had suffered target fixation and paid the price for it. Three hearts after closing the door, Tea Roths is unconscious on the floor as Micah stares in horror.

“Thanks.” Nicole says quietly, visibly shaken, “Shielded or not, that hurt, but Lisa’s protection worked.”

“He tried to humble us, all of us.” Sien says grumpily trying not to think about what must have been going through Lisa’s mind to have protected them the way she did, and suddenly scared as she begins to understand the level of game Lisa is playing.

“Pervert?” Nicole asks, obviously disbelieving, just having to ask because the other answers get worse very rapidly.

“No, he’s well trained. That was three attacks at once. What made you tell him you were a sex toy?” Sien asked trying not to voice her own thoughts.

“Instinct. Something felt wrong so I told the truth since I figured it would startle him.” Nicole answered still staring in shock, “That’s why I tried to look like I was offering, I needed to see his reaction, then he tried to humble us all at once.”

“He what?” Micah gasped as he finally understood the pressure he had felt on his mind.

“You know that paranoid bitch back home we want to strangle?” Nicole asked no one.

“I’m thinking maybe she isn’t as paranoid as we think.” Sien finished, hoping her voice wasn’t as hollow as her stomach felt.

“If she hadn’t done whatever she did to us, he would have taken me in an instant, shields or no shields.” Nicole admitted gulping.

“I know. Raw power, lots of it, and perfect delivery, he came in ready to attack.” Sien replies in absent observation.

“It only took him a heart beat to figure out humbling wasn’t going to work and shift attacks.”

“So either Micah here is some long lost prince,” Nicole said as the train lurched and got going, “or we’re in deep waters, very deep waters.”

“Now what?” Micah asked.

“Now I try something.” Sien said quietly, “Don’t panic Micah.”

“Don’t panic?”

“Yes. I’m going to see if I can contact Lisa.” Sien says

“What?” He asked unable understand how she could mean to from a moving train.

“Just be quiet for a minute if you would please. Nicole, can you keep our guest quiet?”

“Easily.” She replied still staring at their would be attacker.

“Thanks.” Sien said and lay back with closed eyes concentrating.

* * *

“What the?” Lisa asked herself moments later as mental alarm bells went off for no reason.

“Lisa?” Charles asked when she went silent in mid sentence.

“Trouble.” She said looking around at the lunch room, “Get Yen or Lucas to help get me back to my dorm now. Make it Lucas, then have him stand guard and join me.”

“Lisa?” Charles almost yelped as he watched her eyes role back in her head and her body collapse spasming.

“Lisa?” Lucas yells running over.

“I told her not to try it.” Brenhar says imperiously while looming over them a moment later like a friend staring at a friend doing something stupid, “Stupid girl. Lucas, help him with her.”

“Bren?” Lucas asks.

“Just help him.” She hisses quietly, keeping up the pretense for the staring crowd’s benefit. Whatever was happening Lisa was now the one who needed cover and providing it was in Brenhar’s best interest, anything that prompted Lisa to do something public carried dark portents in her opinion.

* * *

“From the beginning.” Sien says and Micah freaks out. Though it is her voice, the words and the tone are not, they are Lisa’s.

“I wondered how you were going to attend.” Nicole laughed.

“Not right now Nicole, what’s happening.”

“He was expecting us, unless of course older gentlemen here like to use war spells and humbling to have a pleasant trip on the train.” Nicole replied. The tremor in her voice was obvious. “I felt a truth detection spell working when he entered and watched his eyes catalog us. I could all but see him matching descriptions of us in his mind’s eye, it was obvious, that’s why I told him I was Micah’s sex toy. It was obvious he was expecting us, so I played my part thinking he might be startled when the expected cover story was real, it did too, it really startled him and broke his concentration. Didn’t stop his attempt to humble all three of us at the same time, but it distracted him enough that when he defended himself from my attack, Sien was able to drop him with a sleep spell.”

“This is far sooner than I thought it might happen. No one was supposed to notice yet, I haven’t done anything outside Michelson or Thomson yet, this was just a precaution so no one would see any changes later.” Lisa said and Micah looked even more haunted, “Sorry about the way I sound. This is a long ways to pull this trick even with Charles helping. Micah, I’m sorry but I need you to sleep now.”

“Why?”

“Your sex toy and I need hold a private conversation, it would be very bad for you to know part of we need to discuss, and I don’t how long I can do this.”

“Ok.” Micah replied, took a deep breath and lay back humbly as Nicole helped him settle.

“Can I trust you Nicole?” Lisa asks.

“You control me bitch.” Nicole snapped but you could see something under the anger; fear, hiding itself from being expressed openly, but none the less watching warily.

“I need your help. I can force it, but I don’t know if I have enough time, and I don’t want to. I have to get to Lucas’ before everyone arrives, I need time to see what is happening there. Something is wrong if he knew to expect you, and I have to find out what it before it’s too late.”

“Lucas’?” Nicole asks puzzled.

“He and Brenhar are spending Spring of Hearts there, along with all our Land and House Mothers.”

“This was no accident then?” Nicole asks as worry for Brenhar and Michelson wars with her hatred of Lisa.

“No. If he had good enough description of you three to spot you, especially expecting you to be playing a sex toy, then there is more going than I thought, more players than there should be. It explains some of what the Legents were angry about.”

“The Legents know what you are doing?”

“Yes. I arranged for Brenhar to have Charles’s child as a way of stabilizing Michelson.”

“You what? How? But it was a miracle, what about Lucas then?”

“No, not a miracle. Brenhar knows some of what I am doing and whether she likes it or not, she has to cooperate for her and her Familydom’s good.”

“I’m, we, my cousins and I, are cadet house, I’m not mainline, we’re not even directly related, this is over my head.”

“Then decide right now whether you hate me more than you love your Familydom.”

“Why?”

“Because there is a way to get him off the train without attracting the attention humbling would and get answers, but I have to be able to trust you, as you, as yourself, to keep a secret.”

“What secret?”

“How to obtain and use a woman’s seed magic.”

“What?” Nicole stammered around her sudden pants of fear, “That’s impossible, it was lost, taken.”

“That’s what I’m using to be here in Sien. It is how I am talking with you now.”

“How?” Nicole asked quietly, yet fear pored through her tone like water rushing from an open faucet.

“I need your word to keep this secret. It is dangerous and can kill easily.”

“I want to be free but if you share that you can never free me, you dare not, you can’t trust anyone with that if you really have it.”

“I know, however are you loyal to Michelson?”

“Of course.”

“Then what I want you to do is sit on this information, tell no one. If something happens to me and Charles, then tell Brenhar and Lucas.”

“If something happens?” Nicole asked suddenly more afraid as she realized Lisa’s own potential death was already factored into her plans.

“Yes.”

“That makes Brenhar a pawn and that makes me what, a place holder?”

“Yes.” Lisa agreed.

“I’m going to be left here in Dest aren’t I?” Nicole asks.

“Most likely, Yes.”

“Who’s am I going to be?”

“If all goes well, the prince’s.”

“Is anyone real to you? Or are we all just pieces on your chess board?” Nicole asked in a tone somewhere between a question and a demand.

“Don’t worry about it, this upgrades you to pawn.”

“Gee thanks.”

“Remember, what I am about to show you is dangerous. It takes practice to get it right, or refinement, neither of which we have time for.”

“I know, keep it secret. I also know why it was lost.” Nicole replied with an odd, lost, look.

“You do?”

“Yes. My family used to be ruling class in the blood lands to the east. We have oral traditions that tell of the time, we dare not even write down what we remember.”

“I’ll get you to show or tell me later when there’s time if you don’t mind.”

“Just remember, the last time that got loose in the world, the Legents killed every male of the line and every female of the line old enough to have been taught. Spread it too far, use it too much, and they will come for you.” Nicole replied with something in her eyes that weighed more than even her hatred of Lisa and her current position in life.

“As long it takes them thirteen years, seven moons and a fortnight or more, I no longer care.”

“Why do I get the feeling that what you just told me, your time table, is more dangerous to me personally than what you are about to?”

“Your brain is finally starting to kick in, it should have along time ago.” Lisa laughed as Nicole’s gut grew cold as actual understanding of what all was happening began creeping in.

“Oh.” Nicole whispered and any observer could have seen Nicole realizing new things, her true place in the world now, and just what it was she really faced in the person of the Third Heir of Thomson.

“By the way, I learned the Seed Magic from Charles, he taught me.”

“A male?”

“Yes. He showed me how he used his Seed Magic on me and then explained how to use my own.”

“So we were completely out of our class.”

“Yes. I think he had always avoided true competition to protect you and your kind, what I was once myself if I’m honest, not himself.”

“So it is his seed magic I feel in me.” Nicole asked wanting to know more of her fate.

“Yes. I can use his seed magic freely, that is why you are compelled to obey me.”

“You are true partners then.”

“Yes. Now. We are now that is.” Lisa replies then corrects and affirms herself in a series of odd tones.

“I was awake you know, I saw you walk through that storm. It should have killed you.” Nicole replied trying to understand.

“I was at that time as compelled as you are now. He held me body and mind, he controlled me utterly and I was his to enjoy.”

“Yet now you are free. I begin to see how I, we, underestimated you.”

“Will you keep this secret of your own free will?”

“Yes. To loose that upon the world once more is to invite the Legents over to clean your house.” Nicole replied trembling.

“Then be careful and do exactly as I say.” Lisa ordered.

* * *

“What is happening?” Brenhar asks Charles. They and Lucas are in Lisa’s dorm staring at the unconscious girl, growing concerned by the fever she is developing.

“She is pushing very hard.”

“Pushing?”

“I probably shouldn’t talk about this, but she is nearly in Dest at the moment, staying there is very hard given the distance.”

“Telemeneses.” Brenhar whispers, “I thought it a lost art.”

“Not lost, just misplaced, and hard to understand at first. Very confusing as well.”

“You know it?” Brenhar asks.

“Yes. I taught Lisa.”

“I thought it a trick, but it is as real as my child.”

“Yes.”

“Speaking of the child.” Lucas interrupts, “I am assuming that it really is yours Charles.”

“Yes.” Charles and Brenhar answer together.

“Don’t worry,” Brenhar laughs looking at Lucas with a genuine smile, “You will get your chance. The next one, my next child, is to be yours.”

“Umm.” Lucas mumbles embarrassed.

“It’s ok Lucas.” Charles laughed.

“You get to keep me after all.” Brenhar laughed, this time making Lucas nervous since it sounded forced.

“What?” Lucas asked.

“I was waiting for a good time to tell you this,” Brenhar says with a deep sigh and a glance at Lisa before continuing, “But the upper and lower houses have made a private decree. If for some reason this collar comes off, excepting for birth or some such thing where they will insist it be returned after, I have been informally tried and found guilty a number things. My sentence is to be collared for my own well being. They have voted that since you are keeping me well behaved now, you can do so afterward as well.”

“What?” Lucas stammers shocked.

“What Lisa did, to me that is, giving me this child.” Brenhar said hesitantly, “We were dying, running out of suitable Heirs. There is far more that goes into replacing Heirs than just blood lines. If you are to be chosen you must have the right blood, the right parentage, the right attitude, the right balance and many more things. I am ashamed to admit that were I not of the primary line, I would not meet those requirements, I would never have been chosen. Were it not for this child I would never have been seated as Land, or even House Mother.”

“Oh.” Lucas whispered.

“We have known for generations that we would have to fight your Familydom for the resources and people we would need to survive against Donalson, Dest and the Kallows collective. Your Familydom has known this as well, that is why our common border is so small. It reduces the places random flair ups can happen so we both know where to look if trouble starts. You along with this child change all that Lucas.” Brenhar told him looking down at Lisa again, “She changed all of that, she saved us, by using you as my Consort she saved us, with you.”

“She did? How?”

“Because you are peace between us. I was a spoiled brat with magical powers. I grew up rejoicing in the power I would one day wield as House or Land Mother. I let my station in life carry me instead of carrying it. Now my actions have caught up with me. I got Sinda killed, I, an Heir of the first line, got someone killed because I let anger and rage cloud my thinking.” Brenhar admitted looking ashamed at the things she had done, “Had Lisa not arranged for this child I would have been removed from the line if I somehow survived my trial for murder.”

“Oh.”

“Instead of death though, I have been sentenced to life. You are the means Lisa is using to stop the war between our Familydoms. My child holds my Familydom together, without it the entire primary line would be gone this generation. Our secondary lines are not doing well either. You not being the father of my child and not being one of their primary lines, places you between all the factions where you can stand alone.”

“I do?”

“Yes. Because of the child they have to keep me. Because you are my keeper they have to accept you if they want the child. Yet you are not of any Thomson primary or other line, so you are not an effort to take us over from within. As my keeper you make be behave, my own upper and lower houses like that. You volunteered to, then testified under oath and humbled as to your role, that you knew and accepted that just your word was not enough, gave even more emphasis to you. This placed them in an impossible position. Accept that you are real, even knowing you aren’t, or lose.”

“What?”

“Lisa beat us, not just my Familydom, but her own. We need the baby so I am accepted, that means accepting you, which means accepting the peace you represent. Thomson will never attack with one of their own as Consort, so a preemptive war is ruled out. Michelson can’t attack your Familydom because that would cost them all diplomatic relations, pulling you away from me opening the way for the child as a life debt, therefore you are peace.”

“Incredible.”

“With you as Consort the possibility of an open alliance against Dest, Donalson and the Kallows is just that, possible. It is a thin thread of hope, but more than has been in generations. Refusing you would open the way for Charles or Lisa either one to claim my child which would destroy us. It’s all or nothing, she owns their collective asses and they know it by now. Hence my directions from my own Mothers to actively keep you happy by any means necessary.”

“Oh.”

“Hence the meeting and trial by the upper and lower houses. I fail to keep you happy, I fail to keep trying to produce more Heirs, and the whole house of cards comes down. With or without this collar, with or without the Third Heir now, I am your plaything if I want my Familydom to survive.”

“So your own houses have sentenced you the same as Charles and Lisa have?”

“Yes, and further more they would actually make you enforce the rules you are given for me.” Brenhar continues hesitantly with another glance at Lisa who is now twitching slightly as she sweats. “Which would mean very narrowly defined roles restricting me to public service when they say, otherwise I would be restricted to your personal service.”

“They what?”

“Apparently I used up most of their patience with me, if this collar comes off, they replace it or order me to pretend they did, and I become a way for them get more heirs with your now proven blood.”

“Oh sweet chaos.” Lucas mumbles.

“Let me tell you, guys are easy to predict when it comes to the services they want. If you want narrow options that tell you exactly how badly you screwed up and how much trouble you’re in, women have them beat. I was given a partial list of my rules if I remained Heir Primus or actually inherited after that.”

“Bad I take it?” Charles asked.

“Very bad. He is more popular with them than I am. Even the ones who know the child isn’t his have decided that I would give him unlimited opportunities to make another heir, no matter how much effort it takes or how many times it takes.”

“Oh.” Charles said staring at Lucas who was turning red.

“Like I said,” Brenhar laughed turning to Lucas as well, “women are better at torture. They also threatened a real sanction, they threatened to have you named Regent when I inherit once one of my Mothers fertility goes so I can concentrate on my motherly duties. Relative to this child right now, and if we’re lucky, our children as well. So long as you promise to work with the other Mother, keeping the one I replace as an advisor of course, along with the upper and lower houses that is, you would be my regent and my voice.”

“Is that even legal under your system?” Charles asked.

“Not really, however we don’t bar criminals from holding any elected office, we just make sure the records are public so people can decide for themselves. Lucas, you being my regent, especially with the collar, would let you assume my office in my stead leaving me to produce heirs. It would take a special vote in the upper and lower houses to approve it, and I have been told the proxies are already registered, they wouldn’t even have to call a session, just catalog the vote.”

“Then if I remove that collar?” Charles asks.

“My full history with Pinocchios goes on the public record. My choices are I either accept this collar and everything that goes with it, or watch my Familydom tear itself apart. So I better make sure Lucas is real happy with me so he never decides to restrict me.”

“I’m stunned.” Charles whispers.

“It gets better.” Brenhar says with a grin.

“How?” Lucas and Charles ask nearly as one.

“My fourth cousin Bellany, we call her Bell because she sings so well. Has been chosen as Heir Secondus. The entire second and third line branches were rejected for a mixture of reasons.”

“And?”

“The Upper House and both Mothers have decided that since she is of age, she should spend time here as our maid, our chambermaid that is.”

“But that’s.” Lucas protests.

“Yes, they mean chambermaid.” Brenhar said flatly.

“How could they even consider?”

“They hinted that since she is of age, thirty one, if she were to be with child they could openly pretend both children were yours, whether one or the other is or not. It would provide an enormous amount of stability having two self confirmed Heirs at the same time. You impressed them Lucas, a lot. The peace may have started as blackmail and been fake, but it is becoming real.”

“I, I can’t do that.”

“I’m not supposed to say anything, but fitting Bell with a collar like mine, and I do mean just like mine, is going to be brought up with Lisa at your place over Spring of Hearts. If it will help her, Bell that is, get with child.”

“Chaos take me, I’m not upper crust.”

“That is actually one of the things they like about you.” Brenhar told him softly, “They like that you have no pretensions, no airs, you don’t act high born or stuck up. Even facing a full house you remained yourself, that impressed them.”

“No way.”

“I have no idea how she found or chose you Lucas, but she chose well. I am resigned to my fate, I will spend my days in this collar because I am more free with and in it than I ever was without it.”

“That’s sick.”

“That’s truth.” Brenhar stated flatly, “You have no idea what it is like to have your emotions run away with you. To have awareness run away, then return only to run away again. My whole family, our entire clan, suffers from this, we at the top, the most powerful, suffer the most. You are our chance to combine our Land and House lines once again and forge a blood peace with Thomson. I am, will be, responsible for the well being of a million people Lucas, my wishes weigh nothing against that.”

“And I thought she liked me.” Lucas says in a sound like a whimper, but with resignation and frustration mixed since his new life is incomparably better than his old one was going to be.

“More than like Lucas.” Brenhar smiles, “She trusts you.”

“But you?” He whispers, “Stuck in that collar forever.”

“There are fates worse than death Lucas,” Brenhar tells him firmly, “I have lived some of them and this is not one. It could be, but not with you as my keeper.”

“Brenhar?” Lisa says weakly startling them all.

“Yes.” She replies dropping the previous conversation much to Lucas’s relief.

“Can you get us to Lucas’s quickly?”

“Why?”

“It’s complicated, we almost lost Micah, Sien and Nicole a while ago.”

“What?” Everyone gasps shocked.

“Get me home, please.” Lisa asks then passes out.

“Is she ok?” Brenhar demands, real worry evident under her tone.

“Yes. She’s running a fever it looks like, but that could just be the effort.” Charles answers still staring at Lisa, “Can you get us there in a hurry?”

“Yes. It will be visible though.”

“Can you make it look you are in trouble somehow then?” Charles asks hesitantly.

“Easily. We are headed for Lucas’ in two days for Spring of Hearts anyway, I can leave early in a huff. Everyone will assume I got in trouble; again.”

“Can you leave us at Lucas’s and go forward to meet your Mothers?”

“Yes, I can tell anyone who asks you are making arrangements.”

“Thank you.”

“When will she wake so she can tell us what is happening?”

“There was an attack on Micah and company on the train. A man joined them in their compartment, inquired about what two ladies were doing with him. He had a truth detection spell going quietly and was startled when Sien told him Chambermaid and Nicole said sex toy. Their only warning was when he tried to humble them after checking what they said they were, that they registered as truth apparently gave them an opening and they took it. Then Sien called for Lisa.”

“How do you know that?”

“Umm.” Charles says hesitantly.

“She solved the puzzle of a woman’s seed magic didn’t she?” Brenhar declared.

“No, I told her how to use it.”

“You told her? You know?” Brenhar demanded.

“Yes. I figured it out when I was studying male seed magic.”

“You figured it out? While studying a male’s? How?” She demanded again, not even noticing her own tone.

“It’s complicated.”

“She is with you, you are talking even now, even with her like that you are talking.”

“Yes we are.” Charles admitted.

“Where were they?”

“Near the border to Dest. She sent them on in with instructions to contact the Prince a day early.”

“Prince?”

“Sorry, I thought she would have told you. She has a contact who can reach one of the Princes of Dest who has a soft spot for the regular people.”

“Of course she has a contact in Dest.” Brenhar laughed with a disbelieving shake of her head, “It’s been moons now, she is still in school and they are only half way to the far ocean, of course she has contacts.”

“Can we go now please?” Charles asked amused at her frustration.

“Of course, your wish is my command.”

“Lucas’s actually.”

“Really?” Brenhar asked surprised.

“Yes. I can only control you through Lucas or Lisa now, not directly.”

“Good to know, but why not?”

“Because Lisa asked.”

“Then how is it that I sing with your Seed magic even now, yet Lucas controls me directly?”

“Because that’s they way she wanted it. Feel glad I didn’t know at the time how to do the other binding.”

“Other binding?”

“Yes. Like the one done to Sien, Nicole and Yen. She setup Sien so Micah’s arousal directly affects hers, if he’s aroused, she is. If he wants her, she wants him. She adapts to him over time, becoming whatever it is he wants. If she fights hard enough, long enough, the original her will simply be subsumed and be gone.”

“That’s horrid.” Lucas exclaims.

“That’s what they did, they all did, to those they used as Pinnochios. Those boys lived through it, every bit, then they took the memories, but only after they lived through it.”

“You said the truth spell detected truth from Nicole?” Brenhar asked changing the subject with a shudder.

“Yes. Lucas can do the same to you. Nicole was given the role of sex toy for the trip and that is what she was. However the way we set the collars up as long as the keeper is satisfied with your performance you remain as you are, if not, then you withdraw until they are.”

“See Lucas,” Brenhar laughed smiling, “You could have had so much more fun with me if you wanted, you should have experimented. Might be interesting to see how the memory feels later.”

“He still could you know.” Charles told her.

“He won’t until the baby is born, likely not until it is weaned. If he is smart he will take my fourth cousin Bell as well and we can hold a double bonding. Then he can make us both into whatever fantasy he wants for the honeymoon. The upper and Lower houses may even insist.”

“This is sick.” Lucas declared, “Let’s just get Lisa moved somewhere comfortable while Brenhar gets us all a ride. Brenhar, I am confirming that you are Heir Primus and asking that you do your job to the best of your abilities.”

“Yes sir.” She laughed smiling and left.

* * *

“Ladies Yemel.” Startles Sien and Nicole from their staring lost at the night. Only an eighth bell before they had navigated the train station and platform, escaping narrowly the people sent to meet their attacker. Now they stand near it wondering how to proceed since getting a room somewhere seems bad when their captive met them on the train already knowing who they were. He obviously had friends, he had helped them evade them after all.

“Who?” Nicole asks feigning ignorance of her family name, “You must have us mistaken for someone else.”

“I was there your naming Nikel.” The stranger says stepping out of the shadow of the train station.

“Legent?” Nicole dares ask shocked, Sien is silent in her fear.

“Legent?” Micah stammers turning to face the newcomer.

“Arie, just Arie tonight Nikel.”

“What can we do for you?” Nicole asks scared.

“I happen to be in town for a few days and noticed a familiar face. I thought I might offer you the nickel tour if will forgive the pun.” Legent Arie offered, but they all heard the firm order in her tone.

“I appreciate the offer, but we are kind of on a schedule and I can’t be late, I really can’t.” Nicole replied still trying desperately to figure out what to do until she heard back from Lisa.

“I have some idea what necessities are like. Like the necessity that I have a chance to speak with your guest for a few minutes. I can’t interfere you understand, I can’t help you at all. However, I do happen to have some treaty obligations here that are none of your business. Besides, I wanted to remind someone that the more things change, the more they stay they same.”

“We do not know who he is yet.” Nicole replied looking at their prisoner.

“I know, I do happen to know who he is though, more or less. Further, I happen to know what his mission was, again, more or less. What I do not know however is who directly sent him. Therefore we are going to an interrogation room where I can speak to him, then I am going on my way.”

“Legent, I’m sorry, but once we wake him we don’t know how much time we have.” Nicole says desperately. Fighting panic at the idea the Legents are involved, she tries to be brave, but there is much neither she nor her cousin can say, yet.

“Nikel, be patient, walk with me.” Legent Arie orders and starts off, they follow. Micah is nervous a short while later as they approach the castle after winding through the town, surprisingly evading routine patrols and other people completely. Then is simply shocked as they go to the family entrance on the side. What he thinks when the wards lower and the gate opens with a hum as they approach is hard to say, as is his feeling when guards scramble to find a room for the Legent to interrogate the prisoner. The deference the staff show to the Legent is expected, that it extends to him and his charges disturbs him profoundly.

“Micah?” A familiar voice asks interrupting his reverie a while later. It feels like it has been bells since the Legent began questioning the prisoner, yet the clock claims it has been perhaps an eighth.

“Prince Tagoni.” Micah says looking up shocked to run into him at such a moment.

“I heard a Legent brought a prisoner in to interrogate, I didn’t think it would be you?” Tagoni said with a laugh looking around.

“It’s not.” Micah replied pointing to the door, “She is talking to him now. I am just to, I am sorry, I do not know how to say what I want to say.”

“How did you happen to be here then?”

“We were coming to seek an audience with you when the man attacked us on the train.” Micah answered glancing at Sien and Nicole.

“Why?”

“I don’t know.”

“Not him,” Tagoni laughed once more, this time at Micah’s embarrassment, “the audience. ”

“Sorry, I am here on another’s behalf. She sent me to get her an audience with you.”

“One of these charming young ladies who haven’t dared yet speak?”

“No Prince.”

“Then who?” Tagoni inquired. Annoyance at the lack of answers showing, but neither irritation nor anger, as though he understood the boy before him was just a guide, not a messenger.

“Nikel.” Legent Arie said loudly interrupting everyone as the door to the interrogation room where she had taken the prisoner opened.

“Yes Legent.” Nicole replied, more yelp than words, suddenly scared at her sharp tone.

“I found you so easily because I felt that stunt you pulled, quite the distance you were able to reach on your first try. Tell your mistress I did what I could. Your use of seed magic is abysmal. Your ancestors were much better. Still, you only found out how today and did have to learn on a moving train, so it could have gone worse. You did well enough though, as long as you stay in her charge you can, and should, keep working on it. You did good to get him off and past those there to meet him. I did what I could, but he won’t last much more than six, maybe eight bells before he’s gone. Either give up the idea or learn to use it properly.”

“Did you get what you needed?” Nicole asked, ignoring the parts that seemed like suicide, like purposely learning to use female Seed Magic when her life wasn’t on the line.

“Yes. Now, sorry to strand you like this but I have to go. Be sure to tell your mistress I said to be careful reaching out like that, it can exhaust and hurt her badly. Also, I did confirm he was there to meet you. He was told of what your cover stories would be, when his truth spell told him you really were what your cover story said you were not play acting the part as one normally would. It startled him, put him off his pace if you will.”

“Do you know who told him to meet us?”

“Yes. However that would be interfering, you’ll need to ask him yourself to get that. If you can figure out how to get past his memory blocks in time that is. I was after another subject completely, I had and have other concerns I questioned about.”

“Thank you Legent.” Nicole said formally with a small bow, startled to learn that there is such a thing as a memory block that works when humbled, or even apparently when Seed Bound. Nothing like that has been covered at school, or even hinted at.

“Quit that Nikel, you know better.” Legent Arie chided.

“Do you know what happened to me?”

“Yes. You had it coming too. I can tell from the young man blushing you’ve been obedient as well.” Legent Arie laughed, the smile brightening her face from it’s former grimness.

“I have to be.”

“I know, but as your collar binds you to obey him, your companion’s collar binds her the same way and ties her arousal and desire to his. Every time he wants you, she wants him, she feels what he feels.”

“Oh sweet Chaos Sien, I’m so sorry.” Nicole whispered embarrassed and humiliated knowing that her cousin has been subjected without any defenses to the arousal and sensuality she has been projecting at Micah, “I had no idea.”

“I know you didn’t mean anything by it.” Sien tells her gently.

“Excuse me,” Prince Tagoni interrupts, “But did you say collar?”

“Have a nice evening everyone.” Legent Arie said walking off, her laugh evident.

“It’s complicated.” Micah says blushing.

“Then perhaps we can speak while your companion questions your attacker. I would ask questions mind you, but you came in with a Legent and she named him your attacker, so I consider it verified for my purposes. I must ask though why the time limit?”

“Because he will either bleed in the brain or simply die sometime soon. I was forced to use my Seed Magic on him to keep from drawing attention by having someone humbled with us.” Nicole answered, “I am new to using it and had no facilities to refine what I had or the time to do so internally.”

“Are you sure you can do the questioning Nicole?” Micah asked.

“Oddly, yes.” She replied looking puzzled, “Apparently sex toy doesn’t mean quite the same thing to the bitch that it does to others.”

“She thinks of any service which helps him sleep soundly as that of a sex toy.” Sien answered.

“Odd.” Nicole replied, “With your permission Prince, I have a prisoner to attend to.”

“By all means, though I do want a witness of ours present.”

“I don’t see a problem. Micah, I’ll see you and Sien later, I suspect I’ll be having more fun than you will.” Nicole laughed with genuine humor.

“Come.” Prince Tagoni said with a smile, “Let us see about finding a room where we can talk and get some of that not as much fun started.”