The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

T.G.I.F.

by J. Darksong

Part 2)

Sharon McDowell sighed heavily, staring at her glass, as if the tiny drops of moisture clinging to its surface, or perhaps the single half-melted ice cube on the inside, somehow held the secrets to the universe. Her long chestnut brown hair was done up in its usual messy bun, with just a few loose strands, and her soft brown doe eyes stared muzzily at the glass, as if unsure exactly when or now it had gotten empty. Huh. Maybe it DOES contain the secrets of the universe, she thought wildly for a moment, wondering if a miniature black hole had appeared to suck up her glass of scotch. Then she hiccupped, tasting Scotch on the back of her throat, and giggled. Oh... oh yeah. Guess I already drank it.

“’ey, ’arry,” she said weakly, raising her glass, “’ow ’bout ’nother round over ’ere?”

Harry, the bartender, frowned, raising an eyebrow at the petite brunette. “Are you sure, Sharon?” he asked dubiously. “Two in one night is a bit much for you, after all. You usually managed to nurse the one drink all night long...”

“I said I wan’ ’nother drink!” she yelled, slapping her hand lightly against the bar, wincing idly as the sensation traveled from her palm up her arm into her brain. “C’mon, ’arry,” she pleaded, “be a pal. It’s been one ’ell of a week, yanno?”

“Yeah, yeah,” the bartender grunted, pouring her another Scotch, shaking his head dimly as he moved further down the ball to another customer. “Just be sure and leave your keys in the tray. No way you’re driving home tonight.”

“Yeah, yeah,” she replied sullenly, tossing aside her keychain, and a five dollar bill for the drink. “Not as if I have any reason to rush home anyway.” Taking a tiny sip of her drink, she coughed briefly, enjoying the burn. “Dammit... I fucking hate the weekend. I soooo hate goddamn Fridays!”

“Wow,” a female voice in front of her said in disbelief, “can’t say I’ve ever heard THAT said aloud before.” Sharon glanced up to find a lovely young redhead behind the bar, dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans, wearing an apron, polishing a shot glass. She wore a nametag on her left breast with the name ‘Val’. “Everyone loves the weekends. You must be having a really bad day.”

“Huh, more like a bad year” she grumbled, before blinking, and staring at the redhead. “Huh... wait a sec... where’d you come from? What happened to Harry?“

“Here, have another drink,” the redhead replied, pushing a full glass of red liquid over to her. “I think you’ll like this one better than what you were drinking before. And it’s on the house.” She nodded as Sharon gave it an experimental sip and leant forward on the bar. “Now then, why don’t you tell me about this really bad and awful year you’ve been having.”

Sharon considered the strangeness of the situation for a half second more before simply shrugging and giving in. After all, no one else had ever asked her why she was so sad and depressed; all her so-called friends and co-workers could have cared less about what was going on in her life. So, slowly, at first, then more rapidly, she began unloading her troubles, sharing her problems with this stranger: about how she’d moved to the city right after college, had pinned all her hopes and dreams on a wonderful new job she’d been recruited for before she’d graduated, about how even as she climbed the corporate ladder, she found herself feeling more isolated and lonely that she had before.

And then, miracle of miracles, she’d met someone, a handsome, kind, and caring man, someone who made her laugh, and got her jokes, someone who she completely hit it off with. David was perfect... or so she’d thought. They’d spent a lot of time together, had gotten to know each other pretty well, had taken things slow before moving on to sex. They’d done everything right... and yet, as much as she enjoyed David, as much as she cared for him... the sex between them was... lackluster. She didn’t enjoy it at all. And David knew it, sensed it, even when she assured him that she loved every moment of it, that he was everything she had always wanted in a man. A friction grew between then, unspoken at first, but then over time, it grew wider, larger, until they had a fight. Angry hurtful words were said between them, words that she wished they could both take back. He’d called her frigid, an ice queen, a fucking prude... none of which were true, but all of which only made her doubt herself and her commitment to him. And then, finally, last week, last Friday, things came to a head, and he’d broken up with her.

“The sad thing is that he was right,” Shannon lamented, draining her glass. “I didn’t really fight for us. I didn’t want him to leave... but when he did, I was actually as relieved as I was sad. What the hell does that say about me?”

“Well, dear, it says to me,” the redhead announced, refilling her glass, “that your heart knew before your head did, that you two were just not right for one another.” She shrugged, a motion that caused her breasts to jiggle slightly underneath the apron. “Believe me, sweetie, when it’s true love, you’ll know it. You can want to be with a person with all of your might, can try and force it to work despite everything, but if it’s not meant to be, it’s just not meant to be. But cheer up... just because you and David weren’t compatible doesn’t mean you should just give up! The right person is out there for you, if you’re willing to look.” Her clear blue eyes sparkled, and she grinned. “You never know when the love of your life might appear. Just make sure to keep your eyes open... an open eye AND an open mind, ’cause love can sometimes be found in places you’d never expect.“

“Huh... if only that were true,” Shannon muttered, taking another deep drink from her glass. She sighed deeply, letting the cold liquid flow down her throat. Unlike the scotch, this red drink soothes and cooled her insides. Closing her eyes, she shook her head. Strangely enough, instead of making her feel buzzed, she actually felt sober, and much more coherent. “Mmmmm, not sure what this stuff is, but it’s really good,” she said opening her eyes, only to blink in surprise as Harry strode back over to her with the bottle of Scotch. “What th... hey, what happened to the girl?”

“Girl? What girl?” Harry asked, glancing around. “You’re the only female customer I’ve had tonight so far, Sharon...”

“No, no, not a customer,” she insisted. “The redhead you had tending bar just now. You know! Val... something. I didn’t get her last name.” She gestured with her glass. “She gave me some kind of red sweet syrupy drink, and said it was on the house! And she listened to my problems!”

Harry glanced at her with pity, shaking his head. “Okay, Sharon, I’m cutting you off. You’ve obviously had too much to drink when you start seeing and having conversations with imaginary people. Sit tight, I’m calling you a cab.”

“But Harry, I...” she began only to sigh. Huh. Maybe he’s right. I was a bit in my cups earlier. I’m such a lightweight, maybe those two double shots of Scotch really did scramble my brains? Maybe I did hallucinate what happened...

“Okay,” Harry said after a while, hanging up the phone, “the cab should be here in about twenty minutes. You’re a great girl, Sharon... and no matter what’s eating you these days, it’ll get better, okay? No need to run yourself into the ground. Why don’t you go to the bathroom, splash some cold water on your face, and take a minute to pull yourself together?”

“Yeah, okay. Good idea,” she nodded in agreement. In the bathroom, she straightened her hair and clothes, and took a moment to admire herself in the mirror. Okay. So, it might be a little vain, but i kinda like what I see. Twenty-something girl, long brown hair, cute little upturned nose, warm brown eyes. I suppose I could lose the bun, and the glasses, maybe get contacts or something—the nerd girl look is probably a bit played out. She adjusted her stance, turning sideway in the mirror. Maybe that’s why I can’t attract a good guy? My bust is kind of modest... a mere C cup, good but nothing special. And I have curves, but there’s definitely no ‘junk in my trunk’. My best asset is probably my legs, long and tone and fit... but I never really show them off. Maybe I should start wearing skirts more often? She leant forward a bit, only to blink in surprise at a glint of metal between her breasts.

“What in the world?” she exclaimed, reaching in to withdraw a lovely ornate necklace, a heavy golden pendant on a long golden chain. “Where did THIS come from?” she wondered aloud. “I don’t own anything this fancy or expensive... and I sure as hell wasn’t wearing it when I came in after work!” She held it up to the mirror, frowning slightly. It was rather ornate, covered in strange marks and lettering, and shiny, very shiny. She smiled slightly, admiring the way it caught the light...

“HEY!” a loud voice startled her, causing Sharon to gasp. A blonde woman, seemingly appearing out of nowhere, was glaring at her. “I asked, are you fucking done with the sink yet?” she growled, pushing past the stunned brunette. “Damned stoner... if you’re just going to stand there like a damned zombie, the least you can do is step out of the way and let someone else use the sink.”

Sharon blinked, frowning slightly. Stoner? She felt like she should be offended about the slight, but she was more concerned about what she’d just been doing. She knew she’d been looking at... at... something. Something important. And obviously a bit of time had passed since she’d come into the bathroom. But she couldn’t for the life of her remember what it was. Shaking her head, she made her way out of the bathroom, and outside, thinking some fresh air would help her clear her head. Outside, she took a deep breath, then gasped in surprise as a curvy redhead in a black t-shirt and jeans walked by, the same one from earlier!

“Hey! Wait! Wait a second!” she yelled, running after her. If the redhead heard her, she didn’t respond, continuing on down the street. As Sharon drew near, however, the girl turned and entered a door leading to what appeared to be a dance club. Growling in frustration, determined to get some answers, she followed her inside, catching up to her shortly after entering. “Geez, Val, didn’t you hear me calling you?” she asked, planting a hand on the woman’s shoulder. “I’ve been chasing you for nearly a block!”

The redhead turned at the contact, and Sharon took a step back. “Not sure who this ‘Val’ is, baby,” the woman announced, green eyes narrowed, a smirk on her lips, “but whoever she is, she must be one lucky girl if yer chasin’ her.”

“Oh! Oh, I’m... I’m sorry,” Sharon replied, blushing bright red. “I thought you were someone else... I mean, from the back, in those clothes, you looked just like her...” she finished lamely. “Er... I should go now...”

“Hey, now, don’t rush off on my account,” the redhead said easily, grabbing her by the arm before she could walk away. “You just got here after all. And frankly, girl, you look a bit down in the dumps. The name’s Mae. Why don’t you let me buy you a drink. Maybe your friend will show up here looking for you?”

“Well, she’s not really my friend,” Sharon protested even as the redhead pulled her reluctantly over towards the bar. “And, well, I actually just came from the bar across the street. And, I’m, actually, not much of a drinker...”

The redhead laughed. “My my my... you’re just making this too easy. Come on. Sit,” she prompted, gesturing to the stool in front of her. Sharon sighed, acquiescing. “Cyndi, two ‘Pirate’s Passions’, if you please,” she said to the dark skinned bartender. “Now, normally, with a girl as cute as you, I’d order the house specialty, and have you so drunk off yer cute little ass, that I’d have you in my arms, snuggling and nuzzling you into a frenzy out there on the dance floor in a hot New York minute! But seeing as how you’re a first timer, and having some problems, I’ll be nice and just lend a sympathetic ear instead.”

Sharon shook her head in amazement, even as she began telling her tale. For the second time in tonight, she’d met someone willing to listen to her problems, actually ASKING her to unburden herself. Was it mere coincidence that both girls were beautiful redheads dressed in black? Or that she’d been served a frothy red drink both times. And... was it just her, or was the cute sexy girl hitting on her? Glancing down, she found the redhead’s hand lying gently on her knee. Blushing again. she picked up her glass, draining it in a single gulp. “I, um, I, uh,” she stuttered, trying to find the words to tell her that she wasn’t ‘that way’.

“Ooooh! Nice necklace,” Mae cooed, reaching out to grasp the golden pendant hanging around her neck. “Very nice,” she said appreciatively. “And really old too, I’d wager.” She glanced up at the brunette. “Are those Nordic runes? Are you into that kind of stuff too?”

Sharon gasped. That... that necklace! I remember now... from the bathroom... “I don’t... I mean, it’s not mine...” She shrugged. “It, uh... belongs to a friend of mine. You like it?” She blinked. Huh? Did I actually say that out loud? My mouth must be working on auto pilot!

“I do,” Mae said smiling, eyes wide as she stared at the pendant, her finger gently tracing over the runes. “It’s... lovely,” she breathed, her eyes finally leaving the pendant to glance up at the girl it belonged to. “But... not as lovely as you,” she husked, a deep blush coloring her cheeks.

Sharon glanced away, blushing again as well. And yet... she couldn’t deny the effect the girl’s words had on her. She felt... good. Warm inside. And... was she actually horny?!? Damn... this is nuts... I’m not gay... I’ve never felt an attraction for another woman before. It... it must be that drink... she must have put something in it... some kind of drug... something to make me all horny and wet... and making me say all that weird shit without meaning to!

That was her thought, anyway... until she found herself leaning forward, grasping Mae’s lovely face in her hands, staring intently in those green eyes. Before she realized what she was even doing, she was kissing the stunned redhead, showing an initiative she hadn’t even realized she possessed. A soft moan escaped her lips as they drew apart, and she gaped, stunned, more by the feelings welling up inside her than the action she’d taken.

Mae, panting, picked up her own drink, draining it dry. “Well,” she said after a moment, “and here I thought I was seducing you... and it turns out, you were seducing me.” She laughed, a sweet tinkling sound that nearly made Sharon’s toes curl. “Of course, I should have realized you were really one of the ‘initiated’ despite that totally unsure straight vibe you were giving off. No one ever just wanders into the ‘Pretty Kitty Club’ by accident.“

“The Pretty Kitty,” Sharon repeated, her stomach clenching tightly. Of course, she had heard of the lesbian dance club on the corner of Seventh and Main, but she hadn’t realized she’d run this far downtown chasing after the redheaded girl. Glancing around the room, she only now noticed that all the couples talking and dancing with each other were all females. Groaning, she closed her eyes, placing her head in her hands.

What was I thinking coming here? And that kiss? The flirting? There’s no way I can just let her down easily and pretend this was just some kind of mistake... Moreover, she pushed aside the thought about how much she herself had enjoyed the kiss, or that wet greasy feeling in between her thighs at the thought of kissing her again. Abruptly, she stood up and pushed her chair aside. “Excuse me,” she mumbled, sweating, “I need to ... I have to go to the bathroom!” With that, she nearly ran across the dance floor, making her way to the women’s restroom, leaving Mae standing there, totally confused.

Inside the bathroom, she let out a soft sigh. She stared at herself in the mirror, the look of panic and indecision evident even to herself.“What the hell am I doing?” she asked aloud, not really expecting an answer. Indeed, she jumped nearly a foot into the air when a familiar voice responded from behind her.

“Well, for one thing, dear,” Val replied, grinning at her surprised companion, “you’re NOT keeping an open mind.”

“VAL!” Sharon exclaimed. Then gaped, staring at the redhead, slowing turning to gaze back at her own reflection in the mirror, then back at the strange girl behind her... who did NOT apparently have a reflection of her own. “What... what... how...” she began babbling, taking a step back. Val merely sighed, rolling her eyes.

“Oh please. And before you even ask, I’m not a vampire. You’ve been spending too many late nights alone at home reading Anne Rice novels.” She smirked, holding up a hand above her head. She snapped her fingers, and her appearance changed, to that of an ethereal ghostly blonde woman clad in a long flowing white robe with gold inlaid, and a blue sash that, like her hair, seemed to flutter in the wind despite being indoors. “In case you were wondering, my full name is Valfreyja. But Val to my close friends.“

“Oh... my... god...” Sharon breathed in disbelief.

Goddess actually,” Val corrected her, still grinning. “I don’t do this kind of thing very often, you know. Hardly ever, unless someone truly special piques my interest. But you, my dear... you were just so dreary, so depressed, and when you said you actually HATED Fridays... " She shook her head. “Well, I just couldn’t let that stand. So, well... I intervened.“

“You did this to me?” Sharon hissed, taking a step back again. “You turned me into a... a...”

“Lesbian? No, my dear, not me,” Val replied with a slight frown. “All I did was give you some advice, and a gentle push in the right direction. Yes, I kind of ‘tweaked’ things a little bit earlier, getting you to kiss that redheaded hottie out there. As shy and introverted as you are, you’d probably die of alcohol poisoning long before you drank enough to get up the courage to go for it... even if it was, deep down, what you wanted to do.”

“So wait... you’re trying to tell me what... that this is what I am?” she asked dubiously, still suspected trickery of some kind. “Look, I have nothing against gay and lesbian couples. But I have to call bullshit on this one! I’ve never had even the slightest feelings for a woman like that before tonight—”

“That’s very true,” Val replied, sitting down in midair, crossing her legs as she hovered. “But think hard and answer me honestly.... have you ever REALLY felt romantic lovey-dovey feelings for any of the guys you’ve met before tonight?“

Sharon opened her mouth to reply out of hand, then closed it slowly, thinking, really thinking, about her answer. True, she’d usually been more involved with her studies during her high school and college days to even think about dating... she hadn’t really pushed away any male advances, but she hadn’t actively sought after them either. And... well... truth be told, she WASN’T completely sexless, she ‘entertained’ herself often enough at night with her ‘Double AA Boyfriend’, but she didn’t really have any specific sexual fantasy or anything in mind when she diddled herself. Right there, in the bathroom, she closed her eyes, thinking about David, her ex, picturing him naked, his body warm and hard against her own, his arms holding him, caressing her. And sighed.

And then... she pictured the girl outside, Mae, naked, her soft pale skin warm against her own, imagining her milky white flesh sprinkled with freckles, like a gentle dusting of cinnamon. She imagined those arms, soft, gentle, and yet strong... the long slender fingers of her hand... imagining them stroking her, caressing her, teasing her... and a deep soulful moan escaped her lips.

“Now you’re being honest with yourself,” Val replied with a nod. “It’s all right, you know... to simply explore this side of things. Maybe you’re into girls. Maybe you’re into guys.” She shrugged. “Maybe you’ll find that you like them both. The point, my dear little one, is to simply open yourself up to the possibility of having a meaningful relationship with another woman. All this time you’ve been limiting yourself by what you think is expected of you.” She gestured, and the golden chain around Sharon’s neck lifted, disengaging, and floated over to the goddess. “My gift to you,” she said solemnly, glowing with a pale yellow light, slowly growing brighter and brighter, “is to break the chains holding you back,” she said, as the necklace shattered in a blinding flash of light, “and set you free to be yourself...“

* * *

“Ah, you’re back,” Mae replied, sitting up as Sharon finally returned. “I was beginning to worry I’d said something to drive you off. I do that sometimes,:” she said, half-shrugging. “My mouth kind gets away from me... and I mmmphhh!” Her protest was cut off as Sharon silenced her, the kiss gentle and soft, hungry but questing, as if suddenly shy and unsure. When she pulled back, she placed a finger lightly against Mae’s lips, preventing her from speaking.

“Look. I want to be upfront with you. I’m not gay. At least, I don’t think I am. This is my first time doing anything like this. Both, picking up a stranger in a club, and a woman. My point is... I’m unsure.” She smiled shyly at that. “That said... I very much want to give this a try. You’re beautiful. You’re sexy. And just being near you this way... you’re making me feel things I’ve never felt before with anyone!” She sighed. “If I’m coming on a bit strong, I’m sorry. I apologize. I’m not very good at this. And, well, if we end up going back to your place... well, I’ve got zero experience in that as well. But... I’m willing to try my hardest...”

Mae sighed softly, shaking her head gently. “Well, sweetie, I don’t know what to say. You’re a regular puzzle wrapped up in a question, tied with an enigma and sealed tight inside a mystery. Just when I think I’ve got you figured out, you go and completely change the rules.” She laughed gleefully. “Tell you what, sweetie. How about you let me take the lead from now on? We can go as fast or as slow as you want.” She took Sharon’s hand, caressing it gently. “All kidding aside, hon, I really like you. You’re sweet. And adorable. And I’d really like the chance to learn more about you.”

Sharon smiled back at her, lifting her new friends hands to her lips, kissing it deftly. “And I think I’d like that too.” She grinned, struck with a sudden bout of laughter. “Oh my fucking good what a great day! I LOVE Fridays!” Taking Mae by the hand, she pulled her out of her seat. “Come on, sweetie! I feel like shaking my ass out there on the dance floor. And don’t worry, I promise to let you lead.”