The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Resistance

Feedback is always welcome—please don’t hesistate to take a moment to let me know how I am a doing. And enjoy!

—Rikimaru

5. Tuesday

Robert spoke and they listened. It was no longer just the nameless interrogator before him now. It was the two Lt. Generals, the General’s own right hand men, standing on either side of the interrogator, and two subordinates a piece behind them, scribbling notes furiously as Robert spoke.

Robert was certainly more comfortable than he’d been the night before. His restraints were finally removed, and his hands were now folded before him, resting on the table the soldiers had brought in and placed between them. A glass of water sat on the table, refilled by one of the subordinates each time Robert emptied it. He’d drunk the first three glasses down in a few gulps, having had nothing to drink for nearly three days. Now he merely took a sip now and then between pauses.

“I had no idea what the application was to be for my work,” he said. “I certainly knew it was a top priority, as all of my current tasking was halted or offloaded to other groups, and I was handed a fully staffed team and virtually unlimited resources. The Institute was at its zenith at that point, having arrived at the peak of a rapid ascendance that no one could really forsee or explain. There was of course all of its previous experimentation and research that could account for it in part, to some small degree, but then there were the other murky machinations the Institute was engaged in—the forging of corporate alliances if not outright hostile takeovers, wielding a mysterious expansion of power and global influence.

“No one knew how Director Williams was able to accomplish so much so quickly, gain such favorable terms in every transaction, exerting some unknown leverage and strength.

“At any rate, the resources at our disposal were considerable. The requirements were very specific; develop a phasing protein coat that would compromise the human immune system and counter the effectiveness of typical vaccination methods.

“No,” Robert said, answering the unasked question as one of the Lt. Generals stepped forward with an open mouth. “My team merely created the vehicle for the Legacy Virus to live in. We were never given access to the DNA that was eventually injected into it and released upon the public at large.

“But we succeeded,” Robert said, with a mixture of pride and sadness. “We succeeded at the task we were given, and from that time until now, the infection rate remains 100%.”

* * *

It was like swimming from out of a deep, dark hole far beneath the surface, only he didn’t seem to be surrounded by water, but something thick and heavy like molasses. Everything was dark, pitch black, and as he moved, pushing and straining, it felt like he was getting nowhere.

He struggled and pushed forward, upwards, for as long as he could before settling into exhaustion, resting a long while before building up the strength to try again, striving with all of his might and then falling motionless again, utterly spent. It may have been hours, days, years, that this continued; it was hard to tell in this complete oblivion of perpetual darkness.

And then eventually, after countless attempts, an eternity later, it seemed that the blackness became just the tiniest bit less black. And then, a long while after that, he was sure that it was true; the black was turning gray. The molasses slowly dissolved away into a haze of fog, so thick it could almost be physically grabbed. And as he wandered through the endless fog for what seemed like eons, pushing steadfastly forward, it too began to lighten, both in substance and color, gradually melting away into white light.

Derek opened his eyes, and then quickly squeezed them shut again, to ward off the pure, blinding light and prevent it from burning his eyes out of his skull. When he cracked his eyes open again just slightly, he found the light still as bright as the sun but slightly more tolerable.

He struggled with this for some time, as he had fought to regain consciousness, slowly opening his watering eyes a little more, for a little longer, in between intervals of rest. It was only after a long while that he came to realize that he was not in the direct brilliance of the daytime sun, but rather in a darkened room with the shades drawn and sometime after that, Derek recognized that he was in his own bedroom, lying in his own bed.

As his senses returned to him, he felt a vague bewilderment and the feeling that he had been away for a long time. Dimly he was aware of some noises outside of the room, down the hall perhaps. The creaking of a bed, quiet murmurs.

He tried to speak, but at first nothing came out but a soft hiss. Weak and frustrated, Derek, tried again, and this time managed a small croak, which sapped him badly. For one alarming moment, he felt himself sliding away back into unconsciousness, but then with an enormous summoning of will, he filled his lungs and let out a cracked, wordless cry.

The noise outside the hall immediately ceased for a few moments. And then, he heard the rushing of footsteps.

“Derek?!”

His kid sister appeared in the doorway, eyes huge with amazement. His slowly restarting brain vaguely recognized Meghan’s flushed face and disheveled hair but wasn’t working well enough to process this information in any meaningful way.

“My God, you’re awake!!!” Meghan excitedly hurried over to his bedside. “This... This is amazing! You’re awake!!!”

Derek tried to respond, managing to get out: “Gehh.”

His sister was beside herself, unsure of what to do. “You want some water? Here, have some water,” she said wheeling around for a moment before realizing there wasn’t any. “Wait, I’ll get you some water!”

She bolted out of the room, and Derek heard her pounding down the stairs, then moments later, pounding back up and rushing back into the room, water slopping over the rim of the glass she held.

“Here, here… drink.” Meghan raised the glass to his lips with shaking hands as he took a few gulps. It tasted like heaven.

His sister watched him avidly as he slowly worked his stiff jaw.

“Do you want more? Are you still thirsty? Hungry?”

His will and strength were waning. Using the last of what was remaining, he managed to shake his head. His eyes slid shut, and Derek drifted off into a deep slumber.

At first, he worried but then he knew he wasn’t going back to the dark place, because he dreamed, though they were vague and nonsensical, and from time to time he became aware of his surroundings again.

He was more asleep than awake when Meghan came into his room a few more times throughout the day to check on him, giving him more food and drink.

Sometime later he awoke again and saw around the edges of the drawn window shade that nighttime had fallen.

He heard again the bed creaking and the murmurs down the hall, only now that his mind was coming back to life, he realized it was more like moaning sounds than murmurs.

As he listened, Derek dozed off, falling back asleep.