The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Rapport”, Part 4

by Count du Monet ()

* * *

Sonya was surprised by a call from Max at her desk. She, along with everyone else, had been introduced to him on his first day, and they had sent back and forth a few emails regarding questions he had about what she was up to and whether she had time for some things he wanted her to work on, but they had never actually had a meeting.

Max had asked her into his office to discuss something urgent. She was intrigued and irritated. As if she didn’t have anything better to do! Well, not for work, but she’d been pretty busy with her side business as well as two or three boyfriends she had going. Keeping all that going without any of the men finding out about each other and without her day job finding out about how much time she spent in the office working on another job was quite a chore. Perhaps this would be a new opportunity for her—tease the new boss a bit, and maybe she’d get even more slack than she already had.

As she entered his office she closed the door behind her, completely failing to notice that he was placing something into his desk drawer. He greeted her pleasantly but without the edge of lust that she had come to expect. No nervousness, no lecherous grin, not even a hint. “Maybe he’s gay? It wouldn’t be the first time a gay man got a job in fashion publishing,” she thought to herself. “Well, let’s try anyway.” A slight strut across the office to his desk, a knowing smile with the handshake, leaning a bit too far forward, crossing her legs and folding her hands over her knee after she sat down. “What can I do for you?” she asked.

Max spoke gently. “Well, it’s about your performance. I’ve been reading everyone’s performance reviews and yours stand out as being quite unacceptable, I’m afraid. You’ve had several managers try to work with you to overcome the same issues over and over for quite some time, and yet you seem to have been completely uninterested in what they had to say. I’m mystified as to why they didn’t fire you long ago, but I’ve decided to put an end to it. I’m afraid this means that we’ll be letting you go, effective immediately.”

Sonya’s wry smile had shattered, replaced by a hot blush of humiliation. Her voice was choked with emotion. She put on her best vulnerable, pouty face, which had gotten her out of many a jam like this in the past. “But... you can’t just fire me based on somebody else’s word... can’t you just give me a chance? I know I can do better.” His expression didn’t soften. She noticed then that, for some reason, Max had been naive enough to try to fire her without a witness present. Time to take it up a notch. “Maybe you could teach me what you want me to do? You know... I could be... very good with the right teacher.” Her pout was replaced by a look of smug hopefulness.

Max’s poker face remained. “I’m not sure what you mean. These reviews are quite specific. Why should I believe that you’ll suddenly decide to try harder now?”

She suppressed a sigh of frustration. “Well, you know... those were all women. I can be a lot more responsive to a man’s guidance. Wouldn’t you like me working under you?” Max paused for a moment. “Let me be sure I understand you. Despite your history of poor job performance, which is quite sufficient to justify your being terminated, you’re offering sex in addition to a turnaround in your job performance in order to keep your job, just because I’m a man? What would happen if your job performance didn’t improve after that?”

Sonya was taken aback. “No... um, I mean, we’d have sex, but that’d be it.” Max shot back, “So who would be my office manager?” Sonya sighed in frustration. “I would,” she said, getting a bit tired of explaining the seemingly obvious to him. More sex, less firing. He’s not gay, he’s a moron.

“But Sonya, we’ve already gone over the fact that you’re either unwilling or unable to do that job. And now you propose that you keep drawing the salary of an office manager while you continue not to do that job, in exchange for sex?”

“Well... yeah.” She shrugged. “I’m very good.” she said with a wink.

Max sighed. “Sonya, you may be very good, but sexual harassment is illegal in this state, as is prostitution. I don’t need a prostitute, nor do I need to pay someone to flirt with me.” Sonya’s jaw dropped. “I need an office manager, and you’re clearly not willing to do that even after I told you that you were being terminated for poor performance. So, my decision stands.”

Sonya was in shock. He had rejected her. No one rejected her. She had practically held up a sign that said “I WILL FUCK YOU ANY WAY YOU WANT IF YOU LET ME KEEP MY JOB”... and he rejected her. Not only that, but he had basically called her a whore. She choked up and stifled tears. She hadn’t cried for years, but for some reason his rejection got to her.

He must be gay. She had never been rejected by a man since she had had her breasts enlarged. They were like bug zappers that attracted any objections men had to letting her have her way with them, and zapped them instantly. This had never happened to her before. She suddenly felt as helpless and vulnerable as the pouty expression she had worn just moments ago was supposed to make her look. She hated the feeling of not being in control. “No” is the most powerful word in any language, and she had gotten used to using it on others but never feeling the sting of it herself. “No” meant “try harder” to her. She had tried harder, and the “No” had only gotten louder. She was emotionally off balance and confused, out of ideas and out of options. Now what was she going to do?

Max stood up and walked around his desk to stand beside her chair. “I think we should just pretend that you accepted your termination gracefully and never mention the rest to anyone. You can keep your dignity and simply clean out your desk and leave.”

She looked up at him and felt nothing but gratitude. She knew she had been a real bitch to everyone there and that they had every right to fire her but she had no problem with that. She hadn’t exactly been trying to keep her job through hard work, so it wasn’t a real failure. She just didn’t want anyone to know that she had tried to proposition him and been rejected.

Or not. She saw the bulge in his pants, and reached for it slowly. He reached out and held her wrist before she could make contact, and shook his head. She broke out in a sob. So he wasn’t gay, but he still had rejected her, thoroughly. She didn’t know who she was anymore. Her confidence was shattered. She was so used to being in control and being able to manipulate men that when that failed, she had nothing else to fall back on. He had given her the most graceful way out of her situation that she could imagine, short of not firing her at all. She mouthed “Thank you” and walked quietly out of his office, sniffling.

Ann saw her on the way out and noticed that she obviously had been crying. Ann just stared as Sonya walked away, back to her desk. A few minutes later she saw Sonya carrying a box quickly toward the door, accompanied by Mary from HR, and she knew her guess was right. She kept her eyes glued to her computer screen as Mary escorted Sonya out of the building, stifling a grin. “Game over, bitch. Max 1, Sonya 0.” she thought to herself.

Mary returned and immediately went into Max’s open office, closing the door behind her. “Excuse me, but what were you thinking, firing her without a witness? She could make up anything she wanted, sue you for sexual harassment... and she’d be the one to do it, let me tell you...”

Max interrupted her. “There’s no need to worry about that. Now, I would like to talk to you about something else. I’ve gone over the books and the payroll and it’s clear to me that everyone but Sonya was underpaid for the job they’re doing. You’re all below market rate and I wouldn’t want to lose anyone just because we never bothered to pay them what they were worth. I’ll email you the spreadsheet shortly that has the details. I’ll send an email to the staff about the salary correction today, and I’d like you to work with accounting to make this happen before the next pay cycle.”

Mary was shocked. “O-okay... I’ve got a lot going on but I’ll get right on it.” Was this guy nuts? First he fires that bitch with no witness, opening himself up for a lawsuit, and dismissing the legal exposure when she mentioned it as though it didn’t even exist! Then he wants to pile more work on her... and this time it’s spending more money on the staff he already had? Where’s the money coming from?

Max added, “You may be wondering where the money will come from.” Mary twitched in surprise. “Well, since you haven’t read the spreadsheet yet, my salary will be zero. I’ll be taking my compensation in stock only. Some of the editors will also be getting stock, by the way, in addition to their loyalty bonus for staying on and giving me a chance.”

He is crazy, Mary thought. The board will kill him for this. Does he even have the authority to change the compensation structure like this? Wait, shouldn’t he have consulted her about this first?

He continued. “I know you’ve been very busy, which is why I didn’t consult you about this ahead of time. So, I’m also authorizing a new position in the HR department under you, to help with recruiting and benefits. If necessary you can hire a temp immediately to help you with your current workload.”

He’s crazy but he’s my kind of crazy, she thought. Even if the board does fire him, they can’t very well cut everybody’s salary and fire someone who’s only been there for a week just because they don’t like the way he pays people. “Okay... well, uh, I guess I’d better get to work on this. I’m sure the staff will thank you themselves, but thank you for doing this.” “No problem, just doing my job,” he replied.

Max’s salary adjustment was, predictably, a big hit with the staff. One of the editors had found out which salary survey Max had used, and noticed with some satisfaction that she was being paid exactly market rate for her positions, but that Max had used the higher male salary figure. It wasn’t a lot, but once the staff got wind of this, and noticed that their salaries were also precisely at market rate for men, and that Sonya had been fired, it was as if they were all six year old girls and he had given each of them a pony for their birthdays. That was the end of any suspicions of misogynistic tendencies the staff had for him. Money talks.

His next shocking (and popular) management coup followed his meeting with the magazine’s advertising staff. He instructed them to turn away the magazine’s biggest advertiser, who he felt represented a conflict of interest with their editorial charter. He even made a personal trip to secure an interview that the editors had been trying (unsuccessfully) to get for several years. The published interview included an unsolicited endorsement not only of Max’s leadership but also the recent removal of that sponsor’s advertisements from the magazine.

Most of the staff were very pleased with Max’s show of leadership, except for a select few who were concerned that it wouldn’t last. They suspected that there would be a price to pay with the board for all of these changes.

* * *

Carolyn was sure that this inevitable conflict with the board over salaries was the reason why Max had asked her to sit in on a conference call with him. She didn’t recognize the other man in the room but she did recognize Mary. Was this about the salary adjustment? Max informed her that this man was his personal labor attorney, and that Sonya had made some legal threats that he wanted to bring them in on. Max had a tape recorder hooked up to the speakerphone. He pressed the record button and dialed, and Sonya answered.

The greeting was short and icy. Sonya got to the point. “Look, I don’t know why you think you can talk me out of this. My lawyer already sent you the details. You’re on the hook for slander, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination, so I hope you have a good lawyer and deep pockets. You’re gonna need both.”

Carolyn thought she was going to throw up. She had heard that Max had called her into his office with the door closed, and that she had left crying and then been escorted out of the building. What had really happened? Sonya was very popular with men. She could just sue the company now, and live off the settlement instead of working for a living. Had Max been that foolish? Maybe all men did think with their dicks. Her “all men are like Troy” complex was wheezing back to life.

Max withdrew a smaller audiotape recorder from his pocket and pressed play. A recording of the conversation Max and Sonya had regarding her termination, and her very explicit offer of sexual favors for her job, played back in crystal clear detail for all to hear. Carolyn’s eyes were wide as saucers and her hand was over her mouth which was agape as though she were about to burst out laughing. Mary’s stunned expression made her look like she had been hit in the head with a brick.

He pressed the stop button. “Sonya, are you sure you’d like to continue with this lawsuit? I don’t think your lawyer would be willing to take this to court once he hears this tape.” Carolyn stifled a titter, which was too quiet to be picked up by the speakerphone.

Sonya was enraged. “Listen, you limp-dicked bastard. I don’t care what you think you have, my lawyer is the best. We’ll find something on you and make it stick. Or maybe we’ll just make something up. Something nasty. How does that sound? Huh? You shouldn’t have messed with me, little man. You’ll be begging to settle out of court before long. And I’ll have your job when I’m done with you. How do you like that?”

Max patiently replied, “Sonya, you know I recorded our first conversation. Did it not occur to you that I’d record this one too?” Sonya shouted, “Oh, fuck you and your tape recorder! That’s not admissible in court anyway and you know it. You’re just angry ‘cause you’re a limp dicked faggot who couldn’t handle a real woman. Isn’t that right little man? You’re just a little faggot. You should have—”

Max interrupted her. “Sonya? Sonya... excuse me, but you might want to choose your words carefully. You’re on speakerphone right now and Mary and Carolyn and my lawyer are listening to every word you’re saying.” Sonya made a strange little “urk” sound and shouted “FUCK!", hanging up abruptly.

Max’s lawyer was doubled over with laughter. Mary and Carolyn were laughing as well. Max simply sighed, and smiled a smile of satisfaction.

* * *

Later that afternoon, Carolyn stood at Max’s office door and knocked. “Got a minute?” she said with a smile. “Certainly. Come in,” he said. She closed the door behind her. “I admit, I thought for a moment that what Sonya said might be true. I’m sorry for that.” “I understand,” he said, “you don’t know me very well.”

Carolyn raised an eyebrow and asked, “Can I see that tape recorder?”

“Sure,” he said. Max reached into his desk drawer and quickly pressed the Record button on the remote control of his self-installed office surveillance system, and then drew out the audiotape recorder and placed it on the desk.

“Off,” she said. “Good. I was really afraid that you were tempted by Sonya. I’m relieved to see that you weren’t, even though she was offering a lot, and you had a position of power over her.” “Well, she is attractive physically, but as they say the brain is the biggest erogenous zone. In that respect I find her repulsive,” he replied.

“You’re smarter than I thought. I’m very impressed with that trap you set for her. Even if you had fired her with a witness she could have cried sexual harassment later. But by making her come out and offer sex to you so clearly you’ve protected yourself from that. I have to hand it to you. You’re very clever.” “Thank you,” he said.

She glanced at the inactive tape recorder, took a deep breath, and stood up. “You’re different from any man I’ve ever known, Max.” She began to walk around his desk to his side. “You’re smart and clever and refined... and you clearly know how to think with your head instead of your dick.” She sat on the edge of his desk, facing him, very close, and crossed her legs. She rubbed the side of her foot against his leg. “But you’re also very, very sexy. Can you think with your head and your dick at the same time?”

He chuckled. “This may be painfully obvious in light of recent events, Carolyn, but this won’t help your career. Not that you need help.” They both laughed. She answered, “But it will help your career since I’m the one with the personal connections and institutional knowledge around here. Not that you’re unpopular with the staff these days.” He chuckled. “Well then, here’s to my career,” he said, and placed his hand on Carolyn’s exposed thigh. She stood and sat on his lap, wrapped her arms around his neck, and planted a passionate kiss on his lips.

* * *

Later that evening, at home, Max reviewed the still images from the very satisfying session with Carolyn. They had kissed and groped each other for a few minutes, after which she had gone down on him, demonstrating unexpected skill and enthusiasm. He had fucked her while she sat on the edge of his desk, at first sitting up, then lying down. Perhaps the image of her orgasming with her back arched and a look of ecstasy on her face was his favorite? He was so glad he had undressed her fully. Her body was spectacular, not too athletic, not too thin, not too voluptuous, certainly not showing much in the way of aging. The white stockings with white lace tops and matching white heels contrasted nicely with the dark wood of his desk.

Or perhaps the ones that showed her bent over the desk forwards, with his hands grasping her wrists tightly as he pounded into her? She had gone crazy when he did that. He wondered if she would enjoy actually being tied up. He made a mental note to flip through his Japanese rope bondage books soon, to refresh his memory. Her back and hair and ass looked fabulous, but they were all put to shame by her perfect legs. He had been tempted by her spankable cheeks and the prospect of probing her enticing little rosebud with a finger, but he decided to take his time and leave those pleasures for later.

No. His favorite surveillance camera image had to be the one taken shortly after he had exploded inside her, making her cum, when her face had slowly changed from the pained look of utmost ecstasy into a blissful look of satisfaction. He knew when he began to massage her back even while he was still inside her, and he saw that look of utter amazement and bliss, that she was his.

He wondered how long it would be before Ann was ready to taste Carolyn’s juices on his cock.