The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Pair of Sights

Chapter One

Sight for Sore Eyes

Author’s note: Hello! This story is a bit more grounded, like Masking. If you enjoy it and haven’t read the latter, go give it a shot! You can also send me feedback at my email or follow my twitter @Lovemommyhypno!

Sonia was twenty years old, a sophomore in a fairly prestigious college, and inebriated at a party.

“A hypnotist? Why then, invite him here! That sounds like a blast!” An acquaintance of hers giggled. She laughed along with them. They were right, of course! He was so talented, and his skills at the craft made your average performer who used it in their shows look like an ametuer stage magician. Which, she supposed, aside from the “amutuer” part, a lot of them basically were.

“He doesn’t know I’m here!” She blurted out, in a small act of rebellion, at the top of her lungs. She didn’t get any looks, nobody could hear her over the music. Or maybe they could, and it was simply that none of them felt any need to pay her any mind. “I’m supposed to be in bed right now!”

Oops. That was embarrassing. Had any of her peers noticed that she basically announced her boyfriend gave her a bed time? None of them seemed to. Good. She took a swig from the (very lightly spiked with alcohol) fruit punch in her cup.

“You’re acting way drunker than you should be,” noticed one of her buddies, “I’m not even sure that mix even legally qualifies as alcoholic anymore!” Sonia blinked. Huh, yeah. They were right. What…?

“Oh I dunnooooo, I’ve had a lot!” She giggled again. “I gots, like, no self control guuuuuys!” She took another swig.

“I heard hypnotist!” Another young woman walked up to them and drank from a solo cup of their own. She was twenty one, and Sonia recognized her from one of her obligate math courses. This was Mia. “May I intrude?” Now, normally Sonia wouldn’t be caught dead with this twerp. Seriously, they wore a dark cloak to a party! Who the hell does that!?

But Sonia was drunk. Yes, she was definitely drunk.

“You diiiid pal!”

“I’m not your pal.”

“Oh come onnnn, don’t be so colllld, we know each otherrrr!” Sonia tried to throw her arms around Mia but was easily sidestepped. She stumbled to the side with a small pout. “Booo!”

“Has she...is she gonna be okay?” Mia asked Sonia’s friends, ignoring the girl herself. “Is someone gonna need to get her a ride home?”

“She really shouldn’t be,” the first friend frowned. “I went to a party with her in high school once. She could definitely hold her liquor better than this.” Mia turned to Sonia, quizzical.

“Your boyfriend is a hypnotist?”

“Yesssss, he’s so cooool! Well, sort of. He’s a bit of a loser. Don’t tell him I said that though! It can be our lil secret!” She hugged Mia and nuzzled her. Mia’s body tensed up but she didn’t react much, otherwise. “Ohhhh, your hair is sofffft,” she muttered. Mia nudged her away with an elbow.

“Well, I’m something of a hypnotist myself,” she muttered with a mischievous grin. “Why don’t we see how my skills match up to his?”

“I dunnoooo, he’s sort of a shut-in, and not really one for showing off like that,” she giggled. “That would be so cooooool, though…” her friends were looking at Mia.

“Yeah, sure, why not. I volunteer.” Mia smiled. If Sonia were more alert she might notice that the other girl’s eyes flashed with apprehension for a brief moment before locking onto their target. Sonia, however, was not more alert.

“Okay, take a nice long look at me.” Mia whipped off the cloak in a display so needlessly flashy none of her three observers thought about the fact that this dork totally had to have rehearsed it lots of times. It fell limp in her grasp because there was no breeze inside, but she made sure to whip it around some more before she brought it to rest hanging from her shoulder in her hand. She set down her solo cup and her grin intensified. “And-you-may-notice, if you juuuuust try-hard-e-bluff; that my curds are a bad sum fusing.” The girl she was performing for seemed totally caught off guard.

“What-the hell are—”

“It’s-interesting-bat-even-dough-I’m-peaking-in-tongues you caaaan pill tell what rhyme saying, no?”

“I-I guess—”

“And if I fount down, you might get more and more lost with each nuuuumber,” she gave a sly grin, “and you might not. But as you let yourself more confused, your brain lets more suggestible.” A simple nod. “Pen, Kleine, imagine a pen, late, Kevin, he’s late you see, ticks, Clive, Clive gets so angry when he’s late, pour, McCree, to pour tea with McCree, do run Kevin!” When she said “do run” her voice went much sharper and she snapped dramatically. The girl she was supposed to entrance went crosseyed for a moment, swayed, then shook her head.

“What? What the fuck was that?”

“Oh, uhhh. Um. I figured my usual fare wouldn’t work, with…” she positioned her free arm above her head and twirled a finger as a gesture at the room and its atmosphere. “I tried a confusion induction instead. Looks like it didn’t work!”

“On you at least.” The second friend pointed at Sonia. Both Mia and the first friend turned to face her. Sure enough, she was wobbling and about to drop her drink.

“NNNNOPE!” The first friend lunged for it and snatched it before it could fall and potentially ruin the appartment’s floor. “Wheeew.” She stood up and laughed nervously. “So she’s good and conked out?”

“Looks like it.” The second friend waved her hand in front of Sonia’s face. Sonia did not react to it at all. “Cooool! So can you like, control her mind now?”

“Nah, nah, nothing so sinister.” Mia giggled. “She’s just kind of on autopilot. Theoretically. Hey, Sonia, do you feel safe here?”

“Yessss,” she purred as she wobbled in place, “Totes!”

“Okayyy, hmmmm…” Mia grinned. “My words are strong, gentle and irresistible. You can feel them wrapping your brain as if with silk. Soft, comfy, relaxing silk. The silk is natural, unobtrusive, and not so difficult to escape that you couldn’t wriggle free without difficulty. Right?” This got an affirmative nod. Mia continued. “When I snap my fingers, you’re going to find that your boyfriend will be—” the other two girls shook their heads fervently. Mia froze, arm half extended with her fingers positioned for her to do a good dramatic snap.

“He doesn’t want her here,” explained the first friend.

“Good...good catch,” Mia mumbled and shifted herself into a relaxed slouch. “Hmmm...why...is that?”

“Not supposed...to be out by myself,” Sonia murmured. This prompted a rather upset frown out of Mia. She furrowed her brow with concern.

“I...well. In any case! I’m gonna snap my fingers, and when I do you’re going to hear a niiiice long crash, like running water! You’re going to snap to attention, and you’ll wake up, and when you do you’re going to find that this cloak of mine is gonna have the color and texture of a waterfall! Five, four, three, two…”

* * *

Sonia woke up. It was Monday. She had texts from Sunday which she still hadn’t read. Were they from Dale? She checked. They were. Fuck.

Hey, you never checked in yesterday. What’s up?

Uugh. She groaned and rolled her eyes. He wasn’t always like this but, god, it was SO ANNOYING when he was. It didn’t exactly limit itself to happening on rare occasions, either.

Sorry, my phone was dead. It’s been acting all weird and stuff recently.

She texted him. Like a liar.

What all were you up to?

She set her phone down and got dressed for the day. Her head felt nice and normal, something that wasn’t too common for her these days. Stress about maintaining her GPA, sure, but that was unavoidable. As soon as she was done, her phone buzzed again.

Oh, that’s all? I was worried you were out partying or something. You finish that paper due Wednesday yet?

She moaned and barely kept her hand from dropping her phone. Right, that was something she had to do. Only two days were left. She knew she ought to tell him so, but she knew he’d just start nagging her about it.

Ah, yeah, that. Thank you. Almost finished with it, and I should be able to turn it in tomorrow. Speaking of, I’m off to the library. I’m putting my phone on silent.

She did so and tossed her phone in her purse, but as soon as it was inside she heard it vibrate. A quick look revealed one last text message from him. All it said was “good girl.” She sighed. The nickname didn’t have...the same kind of warm charm that it used to hold for her. She left her room and set off to the library, where she intended to get to work.

* * *

It had been two hours. The...what was it, what term did Dale use for it…? Post...post trance...no, that wasn’t it, post sug, post sus, post...post hip, post hypnotic suggestion! Yes, yes, that’s what he called it. The post hypnotic suggestion that usually helped her with focus had waned. It was weak now and she was having trouble concentrating. Her paper had three paragraphs and about half as many sources. She couldn’t ask him for help without tipping off how much she’d lied, and if she did that then he would grill her about the weekend and get upset she wasted it…

“Uuuugh!” Sonia planted her face into the desk. She hated this.

“Hey, um, is something wrong?” It was Mia. Her plain, sorta box-shaped face was obscured by one of those pretentious French (or at least, what Sonia believed were French) bird masks that sixteenth century rich assholes wore to the cinema. It was a stark pearly white, extended off from her nose like a beak, and had fake gold covered in rhinestones forming loops that ringed her dark blue eyes. She wore a distinctly feminine petticoat, like an especially cute eighteenth century woman dressing unconvincingly (but adorably!) like a man to demand respect.

It wasn’t a look Mia would be caught dead wearing to any function that didn’t demand you pay a third of a middle class neighborhood’s GDP just to let you enter, but god be damned it WAS a look.

“Oh, uh, hello Mia.” The other girl took a seat next to her. In contrast to her ridiculous clothes, Mia’s eyes were soft and gentle. They shined with down to earth concern. “I’m just...I’m having trouble concentrating.” Both of them flinched at the sound of the librarian (one of three) shushed a conversation for being slightly too loud. Mia whipped out her phone, tapped at it, and showed Sonia the screen.

“Talk this way?” It asked. “She’s scary.” Sonia had to bite down a laugh. Mia looked...so goddamn goofy. Dressed like a character from an absurdist adaptation of Shakespeare, tapping away at her little smartphone like a kid worried about a pet. It was adorable. Anyway, she nodded yes and pulled out her own. After a few exchanges they got tired of trading phones and decided to trade numbers and start texting instead.

Mia asked how Sonia had been. She answered.

“Stressed with school, mostly.” She told the hypnotist. “Paper in two days. Boyfriend helps with his...you know, That Thing He do. Normally.”

“I see! Is it not working?”

“Well, uh, kinda. I’m...scared to ask.”

“You can ask me! I’m sure he won’t mind.”

Two alarm bells went off in Sonia’s head. First, of course he would mind. She was...his, you know? She sure as hell wouldn’t want HER girlfriend getting hypnotized by someone else!

But the second was more...literal. the remnant of one of his suggestions, stronger than most but still mostly starved and shuddering on its last legs. It refused to let this happen, not on its watch. That only made her feel more defiant. It totally overpowered her own objections, even.

“Hell yes, I would love that!” She texted Mia. “But how will—”

She received an image. A veritable monochrome kaleidoscope, dancing and folding and imploding. Shapes on shapes on shapes slid and moved and warped and drew her eyes in.

“Good girl! Just focus on me and relax, okay?” The induction was underway. Sonia succumbed extremely quickly. This was different than when Dale did it. Mia was soft, gentle, reassuring. “Gooood girl, focus on me, on my words. Like sweet loving sirens, pulling, so gently, tugging you, dowwwn down down. So nice, so soft.”

“Soft…” Sonia mouthed in silence. Her body felt totally limp. She could feel her brain slipping, falling, like-

“Like being pulled down, nice and quiet, can you feel my words? Stroking your face, your arms?” Sonia struggled not to whimper. She could feel them, soft smooth hands, massaging her…“That’s a goooood girl. Now I want you to feel your inner scholar, she’s cute and earnest and eager to go, right?” Sonia nodded. She’d been a straight A’s student since high school. “Gooood girl. She’s soooo excited to get this done isn’t she?” Sonia vacantly nodded. She wasn’t gonna lose to some paper. “Gooood girl. I’m gonna count to ten. With each number she’s gonna get smarter, stronger, more motivated. At ten you’ll wake up, she’s gonna take the wheel, and the two of you are gonna go NYOOOOM all the way through this!”

Sonia nodded eagerly, if in a slightly wobbly fashion. She could vividly imagine herself, high school age, with big round coke bottle glasses tearing this paper a new asshole. As Mia’s text messages counted upwards, the grogginess of trance lifted and, shockingly for her, the fog she’d been fighting earlier didn’t return in its place. By the time she read the last two texts, which respectively read “one” and “GO,” she was more than ready. She shot straight up, glared at the screen like a bird of prey locking onto its target, and launched into her work. Her fingers blazed mercilessly across the keyboard at speeds she didn’t realize she was capable of. A measly twenty five minutes was all it took to ensnare the background and sources she’d need to see her task through to the end. Within ten minutes after that she’d restarted the paper and gotten half as far as she’d been in the morning, but with better written and, more correctly informed prose.

She continued at this breakneck pace like a machine. Paragraph after paragraph exploded from her fingertips with almost violent fervor like ink flying out of a pen that exploded. The words gushed from her one after another, they shot forth from her fingers into the computer, they almost took no effort or thought at all. In a total elapsed time of just under an hour and forty five minutes, she had eviscerated the assignment. It did indeed have a new asshole, courtesy of Sonia and with a spectacularly effective assist from Mia. She stopped and the gears in her mind slowed down. The sense of brutal devotion that had seemingly possessed her slunk away out of her skull. She was done. Her paper was completed. Mia, who sat by her side and was working on something of her own, chuckled quietly.

“Finished?” Mia asked out loud, but she did so in a gentle whisper.

“Yeah...yeah, I finished the paper I had to write. How about you Mia, are you making any progress at all?”

“A little bit. It’s not really going especially great for me, in all honesty. I’m happy I could help you, though.” Sonia smiled politely as she tapped in the commands to make her computer print out her assignment. Before she got up from her desk to go collect the fruits born of her labor, she gave Mia a quick thank you.

* * *

Class was terribly dull. She kept thinking about how Dale would potentially take this, and none of the thoughts she found herself forming on the subject bode well for her. She wanted to focus on the lessons instead but that quite simply was not going to happen. Was Dale, she thought, going to get pissed off? Surely, she felt, the knowledge that being hypnotized had improved her day and her productivity would suffice!

But no, she feared, that wasn’t true at all. He had never expressly stated that she wasn’t allowed to go under for anyone else but she felt a deep and dire certainty that he would have, had he felt that it was a realistic possibility.

“And how would you fill in this chart?” Classmates got called up. They completed math problems on dry erase boards. God, she hated this class. She hated math in general, but even when it didn’t make her head hurt it was painfully boring and too easy to really engage with.

The period was slow, agonizingly slow even, but she nevertheless weathered it and survived. When at last the end came, she was the first to pack her belongings and the first out the door. She contemplated whether she should hide this from her boyfriend, whether she even COULD hide this from her boyfriend. Was that an option that she was able to take? It didn’t seem that way to her. She didn’t want to lie, and even if she did she was a bad liar. And he got...rude when he thought she was hiding things. Her phone beeped to inform her of a text message and she practically tore out of her skin with how hard she jumped. She looked and furrowed her brow. Why’d this number that wasn’t in her contacts have so many messages?

Hey, I just realized I don’t know if you’re actually comfortable with me (hi! it’s Mia!) having your number. I can delete it from my phone if you want?

Oh, that’s who it was. Mia. Sonia breathed a heavy sigh of relief. That...should be fine. Dale didn’t see her text messages often. Besides, even he wasn’t THAT possessive.

Thats okay Mia. I enjoyed talking to you.