The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE OBJECTIVE’S OBJECTION

CHAPTER 5: SUZANNE’S SUBMISSION

Suzanne looked over at the stack of documents on her desk. Another day of hard work, and dealing with the university’s staff. She wasn’t without knowing that many of them called her “the iron bitch” behind her back. If anything, she found the nickname amusing. In all honesty, she doubted she was really bitchier than most people in her position...but she was willful and uncompromising, no doubt. And why should she compromise? She knew how things ought to be done, so she got them done. If people wanted to whine about it...then let them whine, so long as they did their job.

Her willfulness, pragmatism, and staunch determination not to care about other people’s opinion of her...all of these had served her well. After all, it was almost unheard of for someone below the age of forty to become the dean of a respectable university. Truth be told, she knew that she owed a part of her success to the lack of distractions in her life – with no family, no hobbies beyond some occasional reading, and a small circle of friends, she had more time than most for work.

So, what to deal with first...Professor Sanders was requesting a one-week leave to “spend more time with family”. She wasn’t going to allow it. He had already taken a leave less than a month ago, to attend his daughter’s wedding on the other side of the country. That had been a good reason. But this one? She knew his schedule; he could make time for family without neglecting his job. No laziness would be permitted.

It was then that the intercom buzzed, and her secretary informed her that someone needed to see her about a package. That was odd. Soon afterwards, a tall, muscular woman in some work uniform she didn’t recognize entered her office, carrying a brown package in her arms.

“Miss Brown?”

“That would be me, yes. What is this about, and why couldn’t my secretary handle it?” she didn’t try to hide her irritation.

“Sorry, m’am, but our company requires the recipient to receive their package personally.” Connie wasn’t any better a liar than Bonny was, but Stephanie had trained her for this mission...and she was desperate to please her mistress, the only light in the great darkness of her life.

“Very well” Suzanne sighed in exasperation. “What’s it about, and who sent it?”

“I’m sorry, m’am, but I don’t know more than you about...”

Connie was interrupted by a loud, sudden bang out in the corridor. Then another. Then another.

“Wait here” Suzanne told the muscular girl as she exited her office, went past her secretary’s office, and found the source of the noise in the corridor: Some kind of discarded tape player on the floor, playing that same explosive sound again and again. She pressed the pause and stop buttons, but to no avail. Exasperated, she opened the back and pulled out the batteries. The noise finally stopped. Who in their right mind would go to the trouble of pulling such a stupid prank?

She got back inside her office. The delivery woman had left the package on her desk, and was handing her a form. “Please sign here, m’am.” She looked it over. She didn’t know the name of the company, but she could look it up.

A quick signature later, and the delivery girl left. She opened the package, but found only blank sheets of paper in there. That made her even angrier. That someone would play a prank on her...Annoying, but it happened. What truly got on her nerves was how abysmally stupid the prank was.

She had no way of knowing that, while she had left her office to investigate, Connie had taped a device beneath her desk.

“There we go” said Stephanie. “We can hear everything in her office, and send her subliminals at the right times.”

Bonny nodded. Once again, her technical expertise had been a vital part of the plan. Both the subliminator and an emitter were now in place...But subliminal messages required some background noise to hide them. The plan involved sending the messages whenever the dean was talking with someone – either in person, or on the phone.

And we will break her. Just like we broke Connie. It’s not right. No-one should be put through something like this.

Connie had described Miss Brown’s personality as well as she could, and Stephanie had settled on a plan that involved breaking her will, too. Apparently, one of the pillars in Suzanne’s life was her religious faith; Stephanie aimed to shatter it, then redirect that faith toward herself. In truth, Bonny wasn’t certain at all that this was the best possible approach – she suspected Stephanie just liked the idea because it appealed to her ego. So petty and vain.

And so, time passed. Suzanne went about her day, handling everything with her usual grit. But every time the opportunity arose, the subliminal messages would play.

<You’re weak.>

<You’re a failure.>

<Your life is a failure.>

<You just pretend to be strong.>

But as time went on, she found herself assaulted with doubts. She had no idea where they were coming from, but they were there. All the success she had had, and which she had been so proud of, seemed so fake for some reason. Slowly, it dawned upon her that she wasn’t as strong as she had always believed.

When Professor Sanders came to talk to her, he wasn’t surprised to hear that his request had been denied. What did surprise him was that she seemed almost...apologetic? None of her usual supreme self-confidence was there.

<You are useless.>

<Your life is meaningless.>

Suzanne had no clue why this sudden depression was assaulting her out of the blue, but it was making work unbearable. Finally, the workday ended; normally, she would stay at her office and keep working for at least a couple more hours, but not today. She needed to go home. Badly.

“Oh well. I guess it was too much to hope for that I could nail her on the first day” said Stephanie. “Ah, we’ll finish her off tomorrow.”

“Yes, mistress” said Bonny, while Amy kept servicing Stephanie. You monster.

The world seemed so drab and gray as Suzanne went home. Why was she feeling so...worthless? It was so atypical. She wondered briefly if she might be suffering from a medical condition that was affecting her brain, and quickly called the doctor to arrange a meeting as soon as possible. He had a window as early as the day after tomorrow.

She drank her coffee. She made herself a fine meal. She listened to some Bach, read from a good book. It all helped...a little. She hoped the feeling of worthlessness would be gone after a good night’s sleep. She considered calling some of her few friends, get some company...but she didn’t want them to see her like this.

But...there was always someone else.

So she prayed. Her parents had taught her to do so every night before going to sleep, and she had kept that rule...but this time around, it felt more needed than ever before.

The Suzanne who came into her office the next day was less of an emotional wreck than the one who had left it before. Nevertheless, she was still far from all right. And as the day went, the subliminal messages kept at their work. First, a quick repeat of the previous day’s lesson...Then, new ones:

<Your beliefs are all lies.>

<Your God isn’t real.>

The thoughts that assaulted her just kept getting more horrifying. It wasn’t only her self-worth that she found herself questioning, but everything she believed in, even God. How could it be...?

<You have no god.>

<You’re nothing without faith.>

She had to hold back her tears, and almost began crying in the middle of a conversation with a staff member. Right when she needed spiritual support the most, it was all falling apart.

<You worship only the goddess.>

<Only the goddess gives you meaning.>

Then, during a phone conversation, she found herself thinking strange new thoughts...Thoughts of some goddess of sort. Any other day, she’d have rejected them as heretical nonsense. Today, though, she just let her mind wander.

<You need your goddess.>

<Your goddess is named Stephanie.>

It kept getting weirder. This goddess in her thoughts now took a name – a rather mundane name, at that. The more she thought of it, the more Suzanne became convinced that she had a medical condition that was driving her insane. But at the same time, she felt this overwhelming ache for the goddess...

Her secretary directed another phone call to her.

“Hello?”

“Miss Brown?”

“Yes. To whom am I speaking?”

“My name is Stephanie.”

Suzanne paused. Stephanie. Same name as the goddess that had cropped up in her imagination. She had known a couple of Stephanies in her life, but that wasn’t their voice.

<Stephanie gives you comfort.>

“...I’m afraid I don’t know you.”

“Is that so, Suzanne? I strongly doubt it. In fact, I’d say we do know each other.”

Suzanne wasn’t known for her patience for games. Under normal conditions, she would have told that impertinent caller to just get to the point. As she was, however, she didn’t have the strength to be assertive...Additionally, she found the woman to be strangely comforting, and she really needed that.

“I’m...I’m sorry, but I really don’t see who you are.”

<Keep talking to Stephanie.>

“Oh, I’m sure it will all become clear soon enough. Tell me, Suzanne...Have you been feeling under the weather recently? Depressed? Like your life had lost all meanings, and your beliefs all turned out to be lies?”

Suzanne’s breathing got heavier. How did this Stephanie know all this? She had to keep talking to her.

“Maybe so. How do you know that?”

<You trust Stephanie.>

“I know that which I need to know about you, dear Suzanne. I know that right now, you are in great emotional and spiritual pain. I know that you need help. I know that you need comfort.”

That was true, but it hardly answered her question. Nevertheless, she found herself less and less suspicious.

“You haven’t really answered my question.”

“It wasn’t the important question. You see, Suzanne...We ask a lot of questions in our lives. Should I ask that cute boy to go out with me? Should I be an astronaut when I grow up, or a teacher? Should I wear gray at work today, or black? So many questions...All of them trivial. We often forget the truly important, spiritual questions.”

There was some truth to that, but Suzanne wasn’t certain she liked the direction in which this conversation was heading.

“Where exactly are you going with this?”

<You need to see Stephanie.>

“Yet another question. Well, Suzanne...I think you have some actually worthwhile questions going through your head right now. So perhaps I ought to answer them. However...this isn’t something to be discussed over the phone. I would like to meet you in person.”

Ambivalent as she may have been about the whole thing, Suzanne actually liked that idea. She needed to meet this mysterious woman who seemed to know about her inner turmoil.

“Very well. When and where do you want us to meet?”

“Oh, your office in a few minutes should be fine. Just tell your secretary to let me in.”

<You need to do as Stephanie says.>

That took her by surprise...But, she needed to see Stephanie.

“Very well. I will tell her.”

“Please do, and then pick up the phone again. I’ll have one more thing to tell you before I stop this conversation.”

Suzanne quickly told her secretary to let Stephanie in as soon as she arrived, then picked the phone up again. “I told her. What was it that you wanted to tell me?”

“Well, I’m about to let some music play on the phone. This is actually important. I need you to listen to it until I reach your office...Because once I’m there, I’ll have something to tell you about it. All right?”

That was odd, but...“Very well.”

And so, the music started playing. She easily recognized it – it was Beethoven. Why did Stephanie want her to listen to Beethoven?

<You must keep listening.>

Granted, there were worse ways to spend time. But the whole thing was odd. Her sudden depression...These strange new thoughts of a goddess named Stephanie...A mysterious woman called Stephanie, knowing about her depression, and wanting to meet her...What could it all mean?

<Stephanie is wonderful.>

She really hoped Stephanie would have some useful insight. The way she’d been feeling since yesterday was unbearable.

<Stephanie is your goddess.><You worship Stephanie.>

The more she thought about it, the more the “goddess” and Stephanie became linked in her mind. More evidence that she was going insane, probably. But she couldn’t deny that there was a sense of religious awe there – aimed specifically at the mystery woman.

<Stephanie is your goddess.><Stephanie is always right.>

Finally, Stephanie reached her office. A young redhead with a smile that radiated confidence. She didn’t remember ever meeting her.

“Suzanne. A pleasure to meet you in the flesh.” Stephanie seated herself in front of the dean’s desk, without so much as waiting for an invitation.

“Likewise” said Suzanne, as she put down the phone. “I was hoping you could answer some of my questions.”

Stephanie grinned. “Again with the questions. But first, let me put this on.” She then activated a small music player, and some kind of relaxation music came forth. “So. Tell me, Suzanne...Have you listened to the music I put on the phone?”

<Stephanie is your goddess.><You worship only your goddess.>

“I have. It’s Beethoven. Why did you want me to listen to that?”

“Heh. Tell me, Suzanne...What can you tell me about Beethoven’s music?”

“Well...He composed symphonies, concerti, sonatas, and more. Classical music, moving into the romantic era. Probably the greatest composer of the late 18th and early 19th century.”

“True. But what do you know of his inspiration?”

“His inspiration? What do you mean?”

“Well, Suzanne...It has been argued, about both Beethoven and several others, that their music was divinely inspired. Surely you’ve heard of it.”

That was true. Suzanne had never been certain what to think of it. Were the great creations of human genius the result of divine inspiration? And if so...of what god?

<Stephanie is your goddess.><You exist to serve your goddess.>

“As I was saying earlier,” Stephanie went on, “it’s spiritual matters that really matter. So, Suzanne...tell me about your spiritual state.”

That was a rather personal question, and one Suzanne felt more uncomfortable than ever with. She’d been a reasonably devout protestant for all her life...Until today. All of her beliefs, all of her faith now seemed so fake and meaningless. At the same time...this woman before her aroused feelings of devotion in her that she had previously felt only for God. It was becoming increasingly hard not to think of Stephanie as a goddess deserving of worship.

“I...I’ve been a regular church-goer for my entire life...”

Stephanie gave her an amused, knowing look. Uneasily, she went on. “...I...I believe in God...I think I do...”

“Suzanne.”

“What?”

“Look at me. Look in my eyes. Then tell me how you really feel.”

If anything, Suzanne was feeling like a little girl caught in a lie. She looked in eyes of that goddess of a woman and stammered. “I...I...I don’t know.”

<Stephanie is your goddess.><You are completely devoted to your goddess.>

“Go on” urged Stephanie.

“I...I’ve been having doubts. Ever since yesterday...Well, yesterday the doubts were only about myself. I was feeling like a f-failure. And today, it was like all my faith just...crumbled. I...I think there’s something wrong with my head. I’ve scheduled an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.”

Her goddess giggled. She could deny it no longer – in her mind, Stephanie was her goddess, and she worshiped her. It made absolutely no sense, but it was true.

“A doctor isn’t the solution to your problem, Suzanne. If you had some kind of brain damage, or chemical imbalance, then the doctor would be the right person to consult. Your problem is on the spiritual level. You’ve spent your life worshiping the wrong thing, and your soul is only now realizing it.”

That couldn’t be true...But deep down, Suzanne felt this goddess was right.

<Your goddess is always right.><You would do anything for your goddess.>

“That said...I don’t think you’ve told me the whole story. Have you, Suzanne?”

She looked at the goddess before her, feelings of devotion surging through her. She felt as if serving her was the true purpose of her life – and right now, Suzanne was desperate for purpose. “I...I’ve been having these thoughts. About you.”

“Go on.”

“It’s...It’s like...It’s like your a goddess. Which makes absolutely no sense. And I feel all of this...religious devotion. For you. And I don’t understand it.”

Again with the knowing smile. “It’s simple enough, Suzanne. I’ve felt your spiritual need, and came to give you purpose. I am your goddess, and you exist to serve me. My will be done.”

The goddess’s bluntness took her aback. But...Her goddess was right, she knew it. Her goddess was always right.

<You must obey your goddess.><You love your goddess.>

“So tell me, Suzanne...Do you understand our situation?”

“Well...I...No. Not really.”

“At least you’re being honest about it. Well, my dear, it’s like this: I am your goddess. You are my servant. You will worship me and obey my will. You will carry out the tasks I assign to you, and act as my agent within this world. You will attend to my every need, and you will love it.”

That was...rather assertive. And yet, Suzanne felt that it was all true. She loved this divine being...and yet, so many things bothered her about it. “But...I still don’t understand. What does it mean, your being a goddess? Aren’t you human? Are you omniscient? Did you create the world? Did...”

“Enough.” A word from the goddess, and she went silent. Obedience had come so naturally. “These are not important questions. What matters now is your new purpose in life – serving me. Come here, Suzanne.”

Obediently, Suzanne complied.

“Now, kneel before me.”

She did.

“Now, pledge your life into my service.”

Suzanne hesitated. What was she supposed to say? And a pledge was a serious thing. She couldn’t make one like this, without careful consideration. But...her goddess...The goddess who gave her purpose, who was always right, who must always be obeyed...

“I...pledge...to serve you.” Stephanie said nothing, so Suzanne went on. “I pledge to dedicate my life to you, to do as you will, to attend to your needs. I pledge to give my life to you.”

“Very well, my servant.” Stephanie patted her on the head. “You have pleased me.”

For the first time since yesterday, Suzanne felt a hint of happiness.

“I love my goddess, I adore my goddess, I obey my goddess, I serve my goddess, my goddess gives me purpose, my goddess owns my mind, body and soul. I love my goddess, I adore my goddess...”

Suzanne was repeating her mantra with her eyes closed, while the headphones kept pumping subliminal messages into her mind. The rest of the harem and Stephanie looked on.

“A fine catch. She’ll be useful.” Stephanie was smug as ever.

“Will this really work out, mistress?” Amy seemed a bit worried. “I mean, you’re our mistress and everything, but you have her convinced you’re a goddess. What if she realizes you’re not?”

“Don’t worry your pretty little head, dear” her mistress petted her. “She needs me too much for that. If the questions start bothering her, she’ll stop thinking about them, and rationalize the rest. She belongs to me as much as the rest of you. A bit older than I’d like, but she has a bit of a MILF thing going on...”

Connie kept her head lowered – if she had any objections, she wouldn’t voice them. Bonny, as for herself, was dubious. It’s not that simple, Stephanie. You can’t just assume that people will believe what’s comfortable forever. Then again, you’re hardly the poster child for rational behavior, are you? You went ahead with this risky “goddess” plan because it flattered your ego.

If Bonny had found Connie’s brainwashing disturbing, Suzanne’s was even more so. Replacing her entire religious view with another one that revolved around the worship of Stephanie...Bonny was very much an atheist herself, and remembered some of her debates with her more religious uncle. Those had been an endless source of frustration for her (and quite possibly for him, too), and she had oft wished that she could just press a button that made him see her points. That only made seeing a more extreme version of it done in real life all the more horrifying. And now, you’ve gone ahead and broken another innocent mind for your own selfish purpose. This can’t go on, Stephanie. This can’t go on.