The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

APPENDIX I

SELF-HYPNOSIS INDUCTION TECHNIQUES

WHAT IT IS

One of the most common questions about hypnosis is, “Can I be hypnotize? The answer is, you already have been. I’ll explain more about that later. However, in order to answer this question appropriately, one has to know what hypnosis is, and is not. Hypnosis is not sleep as we generally think of it. It is simply an altered state of consciousness. During hypnosis we put the body to “sleep” and increase the awareness or concentrate the mind in a specific direction. In a single word is can be defined as focus. Autohypnosis is nothing more than self induced hypnosis.

It is only possible for the mind to become focused after the body does not serve to interrupt our focus. Therefore, our body feels relaxed, warm, sometimes slightly tingly and at rest. Many people describe it as the feeling of suspended animation. Our mind is completely aware of what is going on around us, it is receptive to suggestion and is still capable of making decisions. Many empirical studies have been done which suggest that 95% of the population can be formally hypnotized.

When we are wide awake our mind is in the beta state. As we eliminate the influences of the body, such as the minor aches and pains or the muscle tensions, our mind drifts into an altered state called alfa. Once this state is reached we may then enter into the theta state. The theta state is hypnosis. With practice we can reach the delta state which is deep hypnosis.

When I suggested that you already have been hypnotized, I was referring to common everyday states that are not traditionally considered hypnosis. If you have ever caught yourself daydreaming, you have reached the theta state. Your mind was focused and you were not aware of anything else around you. Have you ever driven your car to a destination you often drive to and wondered how you got there? Your mind was on something else. You were in the theta state. Some people allow the thump of the road or the divider lines in the road to put them to “sleep.” This also is theta. Deep concentration associated with watching a movie or reading a book may also bring on the theta state. Virtually all of us have experience one or more of these phenomenon. If we have, we can be formally hypnotized.

THE PROCESS

Begin the process of autohypnosis by selecting a place of privacy and comfort; someplace free of noise and distractions. It is also helpful to use the same place as often as possible, because as time goes on, it will become a reassuring and comforting place conducive to your efforts. Relax on a bed, a lounge chair or even the floor. Many people find that the bath tub is most conducive to self hypnosis; but exercise caution with the water level. It is unlikely you would drown, but it can be uncomfortable to take in a breath full of water. When possible use the same position to allow your nervous system to let go.

Dress in a manner that will support your efforts. You will want to loosen or remove any tight or restrictive clothing. Removal of any jewelry or eye glasses will also assist in your initial efforts. Once you have obtained a comfortable position, empty your mind of any exact thinking and let your mind wander. Simply relax and enjoy the feeling of doing and thinking nothing. Just be one with yourself.

You may encounter influences that attempt to interrupt your relaxation such as recurring specific thoughts or muscle twitches. Simply push them out of your mind. If you continue to experience difficulty use a technique called muscle-tensing. Tense the large muscle groups such as the shoulders, back, buttocks, legs, stomach, groin and arms, one group at a time. Tense them each tightly as you think “Tighten up!; Tense!” Then relax each group of muscles completely while you think “Relax; Let go completely!” Next think of your body as something that you are not attached to. Imagine it as if it were a limp doll laying on a cloud.

Your eyes are the next element to deal with. Select a spot above eye level on the wall or ceiling and concentrate your focus on it. It does not have to be a specific spot. A general spot will do, but it should be above eye level. Think of your eyes as becoming tired but do not close them yet. Count backwards from ten to zero slowly and tell yourself that at the count of zero you will be able to close your eyes. As you close your eyes think that there is nothing that you care to see with them; that you are turning them inward to experience the inner you.

Breathing plays a vital part in your experience. Place your hand on your stomach just below your chest. As you breath deeply using your tummy, you will feel the rumble of your breath under your hand. Don’t use your chest to breathe. After you establish the correct deep-diaphragm breathing pattern, relax your hand and return it to your side. One third of the air we breathe goes directly to the brain. This will also serve to feed the mind and improve relaxation. When you exhale, your chest and tummy muscles will relax even more. The heart and internal organs also become relaxed, sending messages to the brain reinforcing relaxation.

Now you are ready to relax completely. Stress and tension generally serve to squeeze the minor muscle groups, nerves and blood vessels. As you become more relaxed and relieve yourself of tension, the blood circulates better and sends more oxygen to the brain. You are now ready to give yourself suggestions that will deepen your relaxation. Start at the top of the head and work down the body to the feet. Tell yourself to “let go completely!” Suggest a heavy, limp feeling into each area of the body. You may even consider recording and playing it to yourself. Such a message could be as follows:

“My scalp is relaxing completely. I can feel it reducing the tension on my face and the temples of my head. My eyes are heavy and at rest. All of the little muscles and nerves surrounding my eyes are completely relaxed. As I think of my head relaxing, I can feel it happen.

“The muscles of my neck are continuing to completely relax. My chest is relieved of tension and my arms are limp and heavy. I feel a warmth and a heaviness in my back and in my buttocks. It’s as if I am melting into the surface which holds me. My hips are heavy and there is a wonderful relaxed sensation running down my legs into my feet.

“Now my entire body feels at rest and completely free of pressure. I feel no tension—just an enhanced feeling of relaxation and well-being.”

If you experience any area of your body that does not surrender to this feeling of relaxation and well-being, turn your focus to that region and continue your suggestions. It will not take long to correct the situation. One method to assist with difficult areas is to imagine the area being painted with a local anesthetic with each breath you take. Soon you will be completely and totally relaxed.

Another method commonly used is to focus on a particular part of the body, such as the hands or a single finger. If you clasp your hands together, feel the sensations associated with your interlocked fingers. Look at the nails, the cuticles, the joints of each finger or the lines in each digit. As your focus increases, the feeling in your fingers will begin to melt away. You will then notice that you can, at will, recall or heighten the sensation in your fingers.

Continued practice in this focus effort will provide you with the ability to turn your hands off and on. This can quickly be transferred to other areas of the body in a natural manner. As we concentrate on one area of the body, the rest of the body naturally relaxes. Whether it is the former method, this method or any other variation, you are learning to focus your attention and the body naturally relaxes and will eventually be devoid of feeling.

You are just about there at this point. The body has been put to “sleep,” and the mind can become your focus. Imagine a very pleasant place from your childhood. If nothing immediately comes to mind, invent one. It could be a warm beach with sea gulls in the distance providing the music of nature. You are at rest on your back as you watch the puffs of clouds wander across the canvas of the sky. The sun is warm on your body. There is no decision that has to be made. There is nothing that you care to think about at this point. You simply want to relax your mind and create a passage to your inner self.

At this stage of your induction you will feel a sense of well-being and a feeling of togetherness with yourself. You have hypnotized yourself.

DEEPENING THE TRANCE

There are many techniques that can be used to deepen the trance. With a little practice, you will be able to reach the above state within as little as five minutes on the average. Some people have trained themselves to enter this state within seconds. At this point your body is “sleeping” and your mind is relaxed and open to suggestion. Imagine yourself going down a long escalator, skiing down a long hill, or walking down a long sloping grass-covered hill. You can select that scenario which you are most comfortable with. You can’t quite see the bottom, but you continue to go lower and lower.

With each foot you descend, you are falling deeper and deeper “asleep.” Soon you will come to realize that you are half of the way down. At this point, continue to repeat the words, “Deeper and Deeper—Lower and Lower. More relaxed than I have ever been before.” Start counting backward from fifty to zero. With each number you will become deeper “asleep.” When you reach the bottom, you will be more deeply asleep and more relaxed than you have ever been before.

NOW WHAT

Once you have reached the desired state of hypnosis, what will you do now? The answer is anything that you wish. In the initial several sessions, I recommend that you simply enjoy the sensation that you have created. Most people enjoy the sensation of deep relaxation. Your body becomes very lethargic and seems to melt into the surface which holds you. After this, it is important to determine what improvements you wish to make. Each of us have characteristics that we are happy with and others that we would like to change.

Even at this level of hypnosis we can make remarkable advances. We can correct our weight problems, quit smoking, get a more restful sleep, reduce or eliminate pain or correct some other habitual behavior. We can increase our sexual sensations, improve our memory or develop our waking focus in some other positive fashion.

As you become advanced, positive and negative hallucinations can be created. We can create things that are not there or erase things that are. Each of our five senses can be hallucinated. We can give ourselves suggestions which make us actually see something appear in a room. We can refrain from feeling something that we are touching. We can smell a roast beef dinner that isn’t there. We can increase or decrease the room temperature. Most of these hallucinations require a great deal of work initially. Once it is acquired, it can be called upon at any time.

The reduction or elimination of pain is a useful tool, especially if we encounter some chronic situation in our lives such as arthritis. Going to the dentist has its draw-backs. We can easily desensitize our mouth and teeth. Simply remember the sensation of novocain that you experienced at one time or another. These sensations are filed away in the computer that we call our brain. Every sensation that we have ever had is filed in this computer. Once you develop the ability to turn on your anesthetic, it can easily be reproduced at the dentist’s office.

These are only a few of the things that can be created with the use of self-hypnosis. Each phenomenon will be very real. Although virtually anything can be accomplished, I recommend that you begin slowly. Instead of creating an hallucination, try an illusion instead. The difference is, by way of example, turning something into something else. Visually, you may care to turn a coat rack into a tree. The first time you experience something like this, it will shock you. This shock factor will strengthen the foundation you are building for yourself. Soon you will be your own master. Weight loss, quitting cigarettes, memory retention, improved sexual libido and pain reduction are only a few of the things that can be accomplished. Simply remember that you will get as much out of it as you put in. I’ll try to share more with you in the future. For now—just relax and enjoy!