The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

A Mind Apart

Chapter 13

I waited for Julie to change into street clothes, and then we skipped off to a nearby all night greasy spoon. We chose a table away from the others and dove in, putting on a good show of eating food that neither of us really wanted.

“Okay, so why do you need my help? You’ve got the powers too.” I asked, as I did so I opened my mind and did a low power scan, just for truth, not her whole thoughts.

“They’ve got leverage on me. I’m part of one of the families that’s had the ability for centuries. The men hold all the power, and the women are generally considered useful for breeding other members of the elite, or for certain other special uses.”

“Like spying.”

“Exactly. I’ve managed to keep away from them for a while, but they’ve implanted some subliminals and post hypnotics in my mind to keep me in line. I need those gone, and I need to disappear.”

“Before I agree to give you any help, you have to answer some questions for me.”

“Done.”

“You said I’m in danger. I need to know specifically what kind and when.”

“Like I said, the post hypnotics make me report back to my family. They know about you, and they’re probably going to take action soon.” she said, staring at her ice tea.

“Any idea what kind of action?”

“At a guess, I’d say to expect a team of shooters.”

“Okay, if I feed you data to send them, could you do it knowing there’s a good chance it’s disinformation?”

“Yes. As long as there’s some truth in it, I can do it.”

“Good. Once I pick out the garbage in your head, I’m going to need every piece of information you have on the others.”

“Done.” she replied.

“Okay, last question. Why are you doing this?”

She sighed. “Two reasons. First, I’ve been watching you since I saw the medical report on your surgery. You’ve done some unpleasant things, but usually with some sort of good intent behind it. You have ethics, and it worries you that you’re losing touch with them. It’s a good sign, trust me. Some members of my family would do things that would turn your hair white just to keep themselves entertained on a slow TV night.”

“You’ll have to tell more about that last part sometime, it’ll help to keep me centered. And the other reason?”

“I want to be free damn it!” she said with a clenched jaw. “I’ve been controlled mentally since I was five. For once, I’d like to know what it’s like to lead my own life.”

I could feel the truth in that last statement.

“Okay. We’ve got a deal. Take the rest of the night off. Call me at this number tomorrow at eleven. We’ll start in on your commands tomorrow.” I wrote my cell number on a business card for the bookstore.

“Why not tonight?” she said with a voice that sounded impatient. Hell, if I’d been in her shoes, I really wouldn’t want much in the way of a delay either.

“I’ve got a war to prepare for, and I can’t really help you if I’m dead.” She nodded, seeing the logic.

“Tomorrow then.”

I watched her walk out then grabbed my phone. My first call was Marcus. “Marcus White speaking.”

“Hi Marcus. It’s Mr. Jones.”

“What can I do for you?”

“I have an odd request, but it could pay a big bonus.”

“Fill me in.”

“Okay I need you to follow me around. Specifically, I need you to see if I’ve grown a tail.”

There was pause on the other end of the line. “Got any reason to think you have?”

“Rumor has it there’s a contract out on me.” I said after a brief pause.

“Where are you at?” I gave him the address of the restaurant. “I’ve got a couple of friends in town that used to be secret service. I’ll bring them in on this. Their fee is pretty reasonable.”

“Yeah, well, right now I’m not feeling like paying bargain rates, so go ahead.” The line went dead and I waited.

Marcus was there twenty minutes later. In the mean time, I made another phone call, this one to Sergei.

“We’ve got somewhere to go.” I said as Marcus walked in.

He handed me a travel bag. “That’s nice. Before we leave, go to the bathroom and put this on.” I decided not to argue with the nice man and did as he said. As I expected, inside the bag was a Kevlar vest rated to stop most small arms fire.

“Nice accessory.” I said as I walked out.

“Consider it you’re new lover. Wrap her around you at all times.”

We took a quick drive in Marcus’s car to Sergei’s club. Marcus looked at me funny as we got out. “You do know who owns this place right?”

“Yeah, my insurance agent. Come on.”

We walked in and Ivan led me to Sergei’s table, all the while making hard eyes at Marcus. Marcus returned his look with eyes like cold steel. I had a feeling there was history between those two. Sergei greeted me politely, and led me to his office. Once we got in, he asked, “What do you need? Ivan said you needed to make a purchase.”

“I need a pistol, something light with decent stopping power.”

“You have cash of course.”

“I didn’t think you’d take a check.”

He opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a Glock .40 caliber pistol. I took it from him and checked the action and the firing pin assembly. “I’ll take it. How much?”

“Fifteen hundred. The weapon is clean, and worth every penny.”

“Done. Do you throw in rounds and a spare magazine?”

“For you, nothing is to good.” He smiled and handed me a box of hydro shocks, and two spare magazines for the pistol, and added a holster for it all. You gotta love full service.

“Pleasure doing business with you Sergei, Stop by for a drink sometime.”

“But of course.” he said, and led me out of the club. Marcus followed, and only let himself relax a notch when we got back in the car.

“Man, I am so not fond of those guys. How do you know them?” he asked as we drove off. I noticed he kept making random turns to see if anyone was trying to follow us.

“I’m paying Sergei three percent of my gross in protection. Seemed like a good investment.”

He thought that over for a bit, then shrugged. “Makes sense. Now would you mind telling me who it is that might have a contract out on you, and why?”

“Okay, but this is going to be complicated so listen closely.”