The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Matt and the Hunters

Chapter 27 — The Chase

— Something’s wrong.

Matt just knew it. Something was really wrong, it felt like a splinter burying itself in his head and going deeper and deeper. He didn’t know how he knew, but it felt incredibly wrong.

— Matt?

— We need to go home. Now.

— Why?

— Something just happened there. I don’t know what, but it’s not something good.

Jared and Cameron didn’t question him they just got in Cameron’s car and got on the way. All they way back home, the feeling of wrongness just increased. He didn’t know what was happening, but he felt overwhelmed by the wrongness of it. It was like he could feel Daniel struggling to get to him and failing, more and more faint by the second.

He almost ran out of the car. The door was ajar and the house behind the door was dark and silent.

The living room looked like a hurricane had passed through it. Two chairs were overturned and one broken plate was at the foot of the table right next to Luke, and Rob was crouching next to him trying to help him up.

And even before he entered he knew Daniel was not there.

— Guys!

They flocked to help them. Rob’s face contorted in pain when they helped him onto the sofa, and they had to lift Luke between the three of them to help him sit. I took a few minutes before they were able to speak.

— What happened?

— A guy... one of those hunters... came in and beat us up and took Daniel. — explained Rob.

— Daniel knew him. — said Luke under his breath. — I knew we shouldn’t trust him. He brought him to us.

— No. — said Rob faintly. — It wasn’t like that. Daniel knew him, but he didn... didn’t wanna go with him. He... —

— Yeah?

— He tried to stop him and only left when the guy threatened us. And Matt.

— He threatened me?

— Not by name, but yes. He saw you on your way out, and he said if he had known who you were, he would have killed you.

The realization was like a cold shower. It had been a matter of minutes and luck. He could have been dead. He had been so careless, so taken by the need to go see Jared and Cameron, to fix his past mistakes, that he could have ended up dead without even having time to realize it.

— And he took Daniel?

— Yes. Daniel didn’t want to go. I feel bad, I had been so hard on him, I didn’t trust him, but he tried to protect us. He did protect us. That guy was going to wait here and kill you, and he was going to kill Luke, and... Daniel just left with him in exchange for us. For you.

Rob slid on the couch next to Luke and caressed his head gently, avoiding the bruised eye.

— Damn.

He had put them all in danger by keeping them close to him, just like the letter said it could happen. If Jared had not left, if he had not left following him, maybe that hunter would have killed them all to take Daniel. He’d thought maybe he might have been able to protect his men, but the truth was the only thing that had saved them was his absence.

And maybe next time they wouldn’t be so lucky.

It was no longer time to be complacent, no too late to try to keep pretending things were normal. He had to make sure his men were safe. All of them.

All of them... including Daniel?

Daniel had been taken from him because he had been there with him. He didn’t know what the hunters would do to him, but he was sure it was not good. And maybe he could for once make things better and help him.

But on the other hand, there was Jared. Jared, who had been there for him. Jared, who had just recovered him and would have to see him go away again if he want after Daniel. Jared, who had seen him put Daniel before him. Jared, who deserved to come first for once.

He looked at Jared. He looked at all of them.

— I’m sorry, guys. I fucked things up for all of you.

Jared lifted a hand towards him and dropped it halfway.

— What now?

— I don’t know. I need to think. To think what’s the best way to keep all of you safe. I’m just going to put you in danger if I stay here. I don’t want to leave you, but I want you to be safe.

He thought about his father, and how it had left his dad and the other guys he had been controlling free before leaving. Could he do the same for all his men? It felt safer, to leave them completely free, unconnected from him. The sole idea made him feel like he was about to rip away a part of him, but he knew he preferred to do it. It was him or them, and he was done putting himself first.

— And what about Daniel? — asked Rob.

— What do you mean?

— Are just gonna let them take him like this? He sacrificed for us. Is there anything we can do to help him?

— Do you even know where they’re going? — asked Cameron.

That gave him a stop. He could feel the absence of Daniel in the house like an open sore, but where was he? He stopped and tried to feel it. He had spend the whole night making love with Daniel, dammit! Even more, he had seen himself through Daniel’s eyes. He and Daniel were carrying a part of each other deep within themselves. He tried to reach to Daniel through himself and then...

— Yes. — He felt it deep inside him, like a compass. Daniel was far away and going away, but still in touch with him like a silent beacon. — Yes, I can find him.

— This guy could kill you. — pointed Jared.

— I know. But...

— Yeah. You have to try, don’t you?

How did Jared manage to do it? He was going straight to the heart of the question. He felt like he had to try.

— If you feel you have to...

— But what about you? I can’t just leave you like that.

Rob had a point about Daniel, but he had a point about Jared. They both needed him. Daniel needed him to leave, but Jared needed him to stay. He couldn’t stay forever, but he didn’t want to leave. Daniel. But Jared. But Daniel. But... but...

But.

— If you want me to stay, I will.

He didn’t expect himself to say this. He was putting Daniel’s fate in the hands of Jared, and he knew that for once, if he had to make a choice, he would stop leaving Jared for last. He had taken him granded for so long.

— Whatever you do, we will be here for you. — said Luke. Rob nodded. Cameron just stared at him and didn’t say anything. He knew why. Cameron didn’t need him the same way the other did. Whatever happened, Cameron somehow would go on. It was the other three the ones who would weigh on his decision.

— I want you to stay. — said Jared softly. — But I understand what Rob means. You wouldn’t be able to live with yourself if you stayed, would you? The missed chances, the might have beens. Just... don’t get yourself killed.

It was like a weight lifted off his shoulders, only to be replaced by an even heavier one. He had to try to save Daniel, but that meant facing something he didn’t know and for which he was completely unprepared, and yet he had to try.

Who would go with him? Which one of his guys would be able to help him be safe with this?

He looked at Luke, still unable to sit straight, with his face bruised and maybe other things hurting him. No, definitely not Luke.

Rob? Rob was sitting as close to Luke as he could without causing him pain. It dawned on Matt what he had done to them when he had linked them, Rob and Luke now depended on each other. And right now Luke needed Rob, to be with him and maybe take him to the doctor, and maybe, if Matt didn’t come back, simply to be with him. No, not Rob.

There was Jared, then. He was not going to ask Jared to risk his life for the guy who had replaced him of Matt’s bed. He knew Jared would be even more willing than the others to follow him, to put his life of the line for him if he wanted. Cameron was right, Jared loved him. Jared had no defense from him, and that was why he was never going to ask that from him. No, anyone but Jared.

And then he looked at Cameron and knew the answer.

— Give me your keys. I need you to stay here with them.

Cameron looked at the other three and his expression changed when he understood what Matt had seen on them.

— I’m coming with you.

— No. — said Matt. — I need you to take care of Jared, and I’m not gonna put any of you in danger for me.

That was the answer. When Jared had gone to Cameron he had known more than even he knew. He knew Cameron could support him, he knew Cameron had the strength he needed. If Matt didn’t return, Cameron would be all that Jared had.

And he was done using them for his own wants. He was not going to sacrifice them any more, he was going to have to do this alone and if it got him killed, so be it. He had no right to sacrifice anyone but himself. Not Jared, not Luke, not Rob.

Not Cameron either.

Cameron frowned.

— Couldn’t you pick a less stupidly inconvenient time to develop a sense of responsibility about us? I’m coming with you.

— No, you’re not. — He had never used his power consciously like that, but he felt how it hit Cameron with full force and made him bend to his will. He didn’t feel bad about it, for once it was good that he would be able to make him do what he wanted.

Cameron gave him a defeated look, but they both knew he would obey him. He took his keys and handed them to Matt with his head down.

— This is a mistake.

— I know. But I’m still going to try. And you have to take care of Jared for me, if... if anything happens.

Cameron understood. He didn’t approve it, but he understood.

— Okay.

Matt looked at his men. It was strange, to know that maybe this was the last time he would see them. He leaned over and kissed Luke on the forehead, as gently as he could, and then turned towards Rob.

— Take care of each other, guys. And Rob, take him to a doctor.

Rob nodded and kissed Matt in silence, without letting go of Luke’s hand. And then, Matt turned to Jared. There was so much he wanted to say, and no time at all to say it. If he came back, he had a lifetime of love and apologies to catch up with. So much to say and perhaps no time to do it...

— I love you.

Jared’s eyes widened and he realized, in all this time, he’d never said that to him. But he did, and it felt right, so he said it again.

— I love you.

Jared hugged him, warm and soft and strong, and that embrace felt more like home and safer than anything he’d ever felt. It was crazy, to just have realized he loved Jared and still leave him to save another guy, but... but...

Jared kissed him, and somehow it was like the first kiss he’d ever had.

— Come back, Matt. Don’t dare not coming back, because I need to hear you say that again.

— I’ll be back.

— Is that a promise?

— As much as I can.

And then he turned away and left, because he knew if he stayed a bit more he wouldn’t be able to leave.

* * *

It was already dark when he found them, in a small hotel in a small town along the highway, one of those towns that have maybe two streets and thirty houses and live off people passing by. He parked a couple blocks away and stared at the building in the night.

One guy.

Luke and Rob had faced a single guy, but he didn’t know if it was still like that. For all he knew, there could be a dozen hunters waiting for him. He didn’t know what he was facing.

He hid behind a corner and looked at the hotel. He could feel that Daniel was somewhere in there, but he could feel no one else. There were more people in the hotel but they just felt like ghosts, like distorted shadows he could barely notice. He would have to walk in there blind, orr wait and risk being discovered, and while now he didn’t know what he was facing, he knew if he was found out he would face someone he didn’t want to.

If may be a trap, but he had to walk in it.

He tried not to look nervous while he walked to the front desk. So late at night there was just one clerk sitting behind it, a redhead guy watching the TV with the occasional glance at the door.

There was no recognition when he saw him, no sudden jump at him, no one ran at him from the shadows... nothing. This guy seemed normal.

— Hi. Uhm...

— Hi, do you want a room?

— No, sorry, I’m looking for two guys that are staying here. Name’s Daniel and...

The clerck instantly leaned back and looked at him with suspicion.

— I’m sorry, we can’t give any information on our guests. If you have a bedroom number I can call them for you.

— No! I mean... no, I... —

— Then I’m gonna have to ask you to leave.

Matt was not leaving. He looked at the clerk in the eyes and felt how he was beginning to soften under his power. He held out his hand, and without thinking the clerk extended his and touched him.

Contact.

It would have to be a very delicate balance, getting that guy to do what he wanted but without binding him permanently. The last thing Matt wanted was complicating stuff even more by adding another guy to his harem. All he needed was some help for a while. So... no sex. He was not going to fuck the clerk, just soften him a little so he would obey him.

He moved behind the desk. The clerk was sitting back in his chair, looking at him with eyes glazed with lust. Even with the risk of being found out, Matt felt in control and felt the lust rising inside him. He knew what he was doing and why.

He grabbed the clerk’s chin on his hands and made him look up.

— What’s your name?

— Mark. — said the redhead under his breath.

— Mark. — he smiled and leaned down to kiss him.

Last night with Daniel had given him a much better knowledge of his power and what it could do. He could feel the way he was wrapping Mark in a web of lust, he could feel the cracks on his will and how to slide through them to reach his mind.

Mark didn’t have a chance.

He pulled him up on his feet and pushed him against the wall, and Mark didn’t even try to resist. He just moaned and sighed in pleasure and let it all happen. Matt slid one hand in his shirt to feel his smooth, lean chest that rippled with pleasure under his touch.

— Yes...! —

He could feel his own cock getting hard and pressing against his pants, but he knew he would need to save himself for whatever was waiting for him upstairs. This was the easy part.

He took off Mark’s belt and opened his pants to reveal a nice, pink cock, already rock hard and leaking precum, that only got harder when he began stroking it.

He would have liked to take his time, to give Mark the full, sweet agony of a proper lovemaking, but he couldn’t wait. Each moment that passed was a moment where things could get more dangerous. This had to be fast.

He pumped Mark’s cock with one hand and pulled him closer with another, until he could kiss his neck and gently bite his ear, and he used the closeness of their bodies to take Mark’s will and bend it.

— Do you wanna cum?

— Yes. Yes! Yes, please!

— Cum. Cum for me.

— Ffffffuck...!

And with a final, strangled moan, Mark lost the fight he didn’t even know he was fighting, covering Matt’s hand with warm cum.

Matt licked his hand, and that was all he needed to seal the deal with Mark. He would be bound to him just for a while, and slowly go back to normal. And for now, he had no way to resist his will.

— So, about these guys I told you.

Mark opened his eyes and tried to regain his breath.

— Yeah... they... ahm...

— Two guys. They must have arrived at most a couple hours ago, and they’re probably on the top floor.

— Oh, yeah, those two. Yes, they’re here. Got in their room two hours ago, brought their own dinner and haven’t come out. Want me to call them?

— No! I mean, no. It’s better if they don’t know I’m here. Anything else unusual, besides them?

— What do you mean?

— I don’t know. Multiple guys arriving together or separate. More than usual. Or...

— No, we just have two truck drivers and a couple regulars.

— Good. I’m gonna go see these guys. If anyone comes, please try to keep them away from us, in another floor if you can.

— Yes. Whatever you want.

— And, uh... — it seemed that for some reason no other Hunters had joined Daniel and his kidnapper, but what if they did? — Is there any way you can alert me if something unusual happens? Like, too many guys arriving together at once, or something like that?

— I could pull the fire alarm if needed.

— Nothing subtler?

— I can call their room. Or the room next to them, I can keep it empty and they have thin walls.

— That sounds good. Please do.

— Yeah.

— What room are they?

— 305. Up the stairs, third door to the right.

— Do you have an extra key for it?

— Yes. Here.

No objections, no resistance. Right now Mark was ready to do anything he asked. But this had been the easy part. Whatever came next would be less known and much more difficult.

He tried to walk quietly, up the stairs and down the corridor, until he reached the room. He could have found it without indications, simply following the call of Daniel inside himself. Yes, Daniel was there.

There was someone else behind that door, but he could barely feel it. It was just a faint presence, like a shadow at the edge of his consciousness. But a shadow that could and would kill him in a split second with no hesitation.

He had the key, but he couldn’t open the door. That guy had managed to take out Luke, Rob and Daniel at once. His only chance was to avoid to be noticed.

Whatever he did, he would have to do it before he opened the door.

Could he get to that guy, before that guy got to him? He leaned against the wall and focused all his mind on the feeling of that fleeting mind, and tried.

* * *