The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Marcus’s Power

Chapter 9

After a few hours, Marcus and Jesse’s nap ended. Jesse ended up taking a real nap afterwards. Marcus just lied there staring at his love’s peaceful face. He could not really understand his feelings. He knew that he still loved Mouse... But he also knew that he was deeply in love with the lovely creature beside him. Marcus just lye there thinking that he would do absolutely anything for this blonde haired beauty.

Then he smiled at himself for thinking about mush ball stuff like love. He was turning soft.... And that really did not appeal to him. With a sigh he rolled out of bed as quietly as possible, so as not to disturb the beautiful Shadow Knight beside him. Her words about a couple of swords being under the bed came back to him. He could not help himself... It was almost like the steal was calling him.

After he was fully dressed in his usually attire, including his shades, he knelt down to look under the bed. Sure enough, there were two swords under there, still in their sheaths. Marcus just looked at them for the longest moment, his faced adorned with curiosity. Both of the swords had white ivory handles with what looked to have a raven’s head at the end. Marcus finally reached out and grabbed one of them.

Marcus then stood up with the sword in hand. He lowered his shades with his free hand to expose his piercing blue eyes. The sword was amazingly light. He lifted it up and down a few times to measure it’s weight. It looked like a sword a ninja might carry, save the white ivory handle. With gentle ease and slowness, Marcus slowly pulled the sword out of it’s sheath. The scraping sound was barely audible.

Marcus had pulled it half way out when he noticed that the blade was very shiny, almost like a mirror. The with one quick movement, he jerked the sword out with ease. Marcus did not know it, but his icy blue eyes looked like that of a warrior. The sword felt so right in his hand that it was almost scaring him. Almost. He could feel the deadliness of the weapon as he held it. It felt good for some reason.

That same strange instinct made it feel so natural for him to hold it. Marcus layed the sheath on the bed by the still sleeping Jesse. Then he examined the sword more closely, running his finger across the blade. It almost seemed to exude power. ‘My power’ he thought with a slow smile.

Then Marcus did something without really thinking of it. He widened his stance, bending his knees slightly and raised his left forearm above his head; Resting the sword upon it. It was at that time that Jesse opened her eyes to see him standing like that. She saw the deadliness his cold blue eyes had taken on. She also immediately noticed that he took the stance of a Shadow Knight ready to defend.

“Were did you learn that stance?” Jesse asked, somewhat confused since she had not taught him. And his eyes.... They had a look of sheer... Power. There was no other word for it.

Marcus immediately dropped out of the stance when he heard her lovely voice and his face took on a very boyish look... The exact opposite of what it did look like. He smiled graciously and said, “I don’t know... Is that how you’re supposed to stand? It just felt... Natural.”

“That’s exactly how your supposed to stand.... I hope you don’t guess all the moves! It will take the fun out of teaching you!” She said with a small chuckle.

“I seriously doubt I could come up with what you learned in a life time, love,” Marcus didn’t even realize that he called Jesse love as he continued, “But in any case, would you please get off your sleepy ass so we can get started.... Not that I am not enjoying the stunning view.” Marcus said with a impish grin. Jesse’s bottom half was under the covers but her top half was fully exposed.

“OH! Your incorrigible!” She said with a rather loud laugh and slipped out of bed and got dressed.

“So what is my favorite teacher going to start me out with?” Marcus asked, running his fingers across the blade of the sword he was carrying.

“I would be careful with that. It’s acid edged titanium. Best ever made...” She said with a sigh. The memories of all the bloody battles she went through came flooding back. The sword he was holding was not special... Just standard issue for Shadow Knights.

“Ohhh... I think I can handle myself.” He said with a mischievous grin.

“OK, smart ass, but we are not starting with swords. We have to work on your telekinetic reflexes first. Then on synchronizing them with your body. Then we will go to the sword.” She said the last as she was fully dressed.

“How long do you think that will take, oh masterful one??” Marcus asked with a bit of sarcasm but his face was lit with a faint smile.

“Depends on you. If you learn quick I should be able to run you through the basics in a few days. But don’t get cocky!” She said lowering her shades to show she was indeed serious. That was enough for Marcus.

“I’ll do my best... Can I carry this with me? I like it.” Marcus said with a smile as he raised his sword. The sheath had a strap on it that would tighten to his form so that it would fit snuggly against his back.

“Yea, I was going to ask you to anyway. I want you to get used to it. In fact.....” Jesse trailed of as she reached under the bed and retrieved the remaining sword. She slid it out from the sheath a little to make sure the blade was intact and said, “I think I’m going to pack one myself. I’ve felt naked since I forgot mine at the Zone.” She said with a wicked grin that made Marcus wonder how many fights she has been in.

“What ever you say Jess. Let’s get to it, I’m bored.” Marcus said and walked out the door.

‘He’s going to have a taste for battle... I seen that in his eyes before’. She thought this a little sadly. She liked battle, but she hated it when someone fell under her sword. With that thought she strapped her sword to her back and followed him out.

“So what should we do to build my reflexes?” Marcus asked, his curiosity peaking once again.

“You do know that I’m only teaching you the basics don’t you? Shain will be the one that will really push your skills.” she said with a smile.

“Well, I don’t want to look like a complete idiot when I get to New Orleans, so I’m not complaining one bit.” He smiled and thought, ‘Plus I like being with you’.

“Well, then let’s go outside and get the show on the road.” She said with a look of mischief.

“After you, my fair lady.” Marcus said with a smile that showed he was up to a challenge.

They both walked outside and looked up at the sky. They noticed that they only had a few hours of daylight. Marcus was suddenly praying to what ever Gods there was that he would live up to her expectations. She had such high hopes for him. He followed her to the edge of the woods and was curious as to what she had in mind. Jesse suddenly bent over and picked up a pecan.

Then tossed it up in the air and caught it. She was not even looking at Marcus. Marcus was about to say something when all of the sudden, with the speed of a cat, Jesse chucked the pecan at his head. Marcus raised his hand and caught it even though it came at amazing speed. He smiled at his reflexes, but Jesse didn’t.

“A trained Shadow Knight would not have bothered with using his hand,” Jesse stated, lowering her shades to look at him with loving and stern eyes. “Shall we try again.. Son Of Dakrin?” She said this with mischief in her eyes.

“Absolutely.” Was all Marcus said and tossed the pecan back to her.

“This time you will see it coming... Use your mind to stop it this time.” She said with a quark of a smile.

“Go for it.” Marcus said, trying to focus.

Then Jesse looked him dead in the face and threw the pecan right at his head. She was not at all surprised when the thing hit him right in the forehead. Marcus reached up and rubbed his head for a second. His pride hurt a hell of a lot worse than his head did. He should have been able to catch it.

“Don’t feel bad. Everyone misses their first time.” Jesse said with a smile. “Let’s try again, this time a little slower.” She said as she raised her hand and the pecan shot back into her palm.

“I’m not everyone... I should have caught it...” Marcus said, then he made himself dummy up. He was determined to master this. “Go for it.” He said again.

Jesse gave him a smile and tossed the pecan instead of throwing it. Marcus caught the slow thrown pecan easily before it got to him. He then made it float back to her waiting hand. ‘That’s better’ he thought with a smile. That was when he started to believe that he could master this. “A little harder this time.” He said with a smile.

“Alright... A little harder.” Jesse repeated.

Then she threw it just like an adult might throw a baseball to a kid. It was a very soft throw, but harder than the last. Marcus caught it with his mind before it was even a half foot out of her hand. He let it hover there for a moment, until Jesse reached out and took a hold on it, a smile was across her lips as she did so.

As soon as Jesse had a hold of the pecan again, she threw it with half of her strength. She did this quickly in hopes of catching Marcus off guard. But to her surprise the pecan stopped about six inches from his head. It just hovered there and she could see Marcus’ eyes take on a wicked look as the nut just exploded. She let out a rather loud laugh when she seen that. ‘Quick learner’ she thought.

“Shall we try again, favorite teacher of mine?” He asked with mock sarcasm and a smile the size of Texas.

‘How I do love him!’ she thought and then said. “Ok, smart ass, let’s try it again. This time I’ll throw full strength!” She said with a smile that matched his.

“Gimme your best shot.” Marcus said with a cocky glare.

Using her telekinetic ability she made another nut float up to her grasp. She arched an eye brow at Marcus just to make sure that he was sure. He just smiled at her with those crystal blue eyes of his. So, she drew back her arm and threw it full force at him. The pecan never stopped but it DID explode into almost dust about a foot away from his head. Afterwards, he just gave her a wink and pushed up his shades. His attitude was not exactly cocky but it was the kind that said I’m better than you thought I’d be, huh?

“Not bad, not bad at all.” She said with an approving nod.

“Not bad? I’d say I have that trick nailed.” He said in a low and musing voice. His earlier enthusiasm was gone for some reason. Marcus was his quiet self now. But he still wanted to learn more. He was just not going to act like a kid anymore about it. That’s what he realized he was doing and he put a stop to it.

“What’s wrong Marcus? You’re not beaming with good mood like you were.” She asked, her face set in curiosity.

“Darlin’, everything is fine. I just took myself down a notch is all.” He said with a slow but warm smile.

“Alright then. Would you like to see a pretty neat trick?” She asked with a cock of the head as if she was examining him.

“Sure.” He said in his typical low voice.

Jesse closed her eyes and focused. Then she walked over to a tree that was about as big around as she was. She reached out slowly and placed her hands on both sides of the tree. She turned her head to Marcus and gave him a look that said she was a hell of a lot more than a cute blonde. It said that she was a warrior. She then turned back to the tree and pulled with only a bit of strain and the tree came up roots and all out of the ground. She then held it above her head and threw it about thirty yards.

Marcus had a look of shock on his face for the barest of seconds. Then regained composure before she looked back. Marcus knew that a full grown man that could bench press four hundred pounds could not have done what she just did. He gave her a warm but curious look.

“Not the look I was expecting... You’re a tough audience.” She said with a smile.

“Oh, I’d say I’m surprised. How did you accomplish that little feat?” He asked with an arch of an eye brow.

“I know it sounds crazy... But you have to bind your kinetic ability with your body. How long a Knight can keep it there varies. It’s rumored that Dakrin could keep it there 24/7. But it is a little difficult to do. You have to have extreme concentration. Do you think your up to it?” Jesse asked with a solemn face.

“I can sure give it a try.” Marcus said with a slight bow of the head.

“Well, I’m gonna go back inside so that you can keep your concentration..” She said with a smile.

“I have to admit... You are one hell of a nice distraction though.” Marcus said with a low voice and gave her a wink.

“It should come natural if you can focus hard enough. You will most likely be surprised by it’s effects.” Jesse said as she stepped back in the cabin.

Marcus sat back down on the porch. His mind was racing. He could feel the pressure of the sword strapped to his back and it felt real natural and good to him. He then started to focus then. He focused his very hardest... Blocking out all thoughts. Making his mind a complete void of darkness. It was only him and his Kinetics now. He could feel it grow like a ball inside. It felt like it wanted to explode, but he just kept making it build and build. He wanted this to be a real show of power for Jesse.

Then he let that growing ball of power inside of him, just explode and the feeling was cataclysmic. He felt it wash over him in a title wave. His muscle jerked and twitched and then just gave a tingling sensation. His vision and hearing seemed to increase by 3 fold and he did feel, oh, so powerful. He could feel the power racing down his spine and the burst of adrenalin was so powerful that he had to stand.

“Let’s test this out shall we?” Marcus said to himself with a small smile. He looked over at the 68 mustang. He started over there. What Marcus did not know was that he had no clue of his strength or speed. He remembered taking the first step towards the Mustang that was about thirty yards away... But then it was like he just appeared in front of it by will alone. His body was not even close to exhaustion from this little feat.

That little feat of speed both enthralled and scared him. ‘Should one person have that much speed?’ He asked himself. But then he figured it would come in severely handy when the troubles arose. Marcus looked at the front of the Mustang then and remembered his goal. He reached under the bumper and took a semi-strong hold, since he figured a full strength hold would tear the bumper off, and lifted slowly. The Mustang elevated with such ease that it did scare Marcus more than a little.

He then lowed the front end of the car with gentle care. After he let loose, Marcus took a deep breath. This breath was not from over exertion, but rather from deep seated nervousness. He thought with a scared mind ‘I know that weighed over 800 pounds and I picked it up like it was one of my book satchels for school’. Marcus reminded himself that all of this would come in handy later... During the battles. He also reminded himself to be very careful when he wasn’t in battle... With this strength, he could crush someone’s hand to powder if he shook to hard.

But then his thoughts were distracted by a sound. This sound was about fifty yards away. His instincts told him that it was not human. He also reeled at his senses. His sense of smell had more than quadrupled. So had his sight and hearing. They were better than most to begin with, they were now almost supernatural though. The small sound he heard was that of a squirrel chewing on a nut. Marcus’ eye sight, even with the shades on, could almost count the hairs on the small animal.

He started to compose his nervousness. Telling himself that he would get used to it. He turned towards the cabin, making sure to take slow steps. Well, what he considered slow was the normal pace for a regular person. So he walked slowly to cabin, to Jesse, to find out some answers. But then he stopped in his tracks. He wanted to check how fast he was on purpose now.

He spotted a tree on the side of the road about two hundred yards up. Contemplated what he was about to do and he knew damn well that it may break his hand. But with a sigh he decided to go ahead with the experiment. He focused on the tree and then willed himself to move. There was a brief gust of wind and then his hand smashed into the tree, snapping it in half very efficiently.

“I’ll be damned..” He mumbled under his breath as he looked at his hand and he knew for a fact that he moved faster than the normal human eye could detect. This should have made him feel happy. But all of the sudden the weight and knowledge of the battle that must be fought and the Knights who must be led bore down upon him.

He walked back at a normal pace. Noting that his shirt was tore by the speed he achieved. The right sleave was ripped at the shoulders along the seam. He hoped that Jesse could give some answers. He then remembered that Jesse said it varied on how long a Knight could hold Kinetics in his body. Marcus then tried to make it go away. But it did not so much as budge. He could still feel the power pumping through his veins.

He also noted something else. He could since a Knight in the cabin. He knew that it was Jesse, but that was not the point. He could since his own kind if they were in his vicinity. That was an attribute that he thought would come in quite handy. The closer he got the stronger the sense was. He walked slowly and with light steps. So as to think as much as possible about the questions he wanted to ask.

He walked through the door with casual ease. Jesse was sitting on the couch and she immediately knew that there was something different about Marcus, aside from his ripped shirt. She could feel a power coming off him and even though he had not went through the art of the sword yet, she could feel a leadership quality that she rarely saw. She could not explain what that meant. She was as confused as hell.

“We have a lot to talk about.... And I would really appreciate it if you answered all the questions that you can.” Marcus said in a low voice and there was no smile on his face. He was not angry though, he just wanted answers.

“Sure love, I’ll answer what I can. There are some things I don’t know and others that are considered rumors. But go ahead and ask.” This transformation in Marcus both surprised and pleased her. Since he almost exuded power, the Knights would surely follow him.

“You said that when a Knight binds himself with Kinetics that it varies on how long he can stay that way. From the way it sounded, I can turn it off when I want. But I found out that I can’t. It seems stuck like it is.... And I feel powerful as hell. Why can’t I shut it off?” He asked in a low and serious voice.

Jesse had a look of shock on her face at first, but tried to recover quickly. “I haven’t a clue! Most of us have to try like hell to maintain it. There are a few of us that can make it last for six to seven hours. Those are the Shadow Masters.” She said, her face still one of confusion.

“Can they move faster than the normal eye can see? Can they lift over 800 pounds with ease?” Marcus asked with an arch of an eye brow.

“You can do that!? Yes, there are a few... Shain is one of them.” She said with a sigh. She thought with dismay and pleasure that Marcus had surpassed her in everything, save the sword.

Marcus seen a brief look of dismay on his love’s face and gave her a warm smile. “Let’s sit on the couch. I’m sorry for being so serious with you... But I want to be prepared for what ever I may meet.” He said in a gentle, loving and low voice. Then leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips.

“I guess I know what you mean.... Ask me your next question.” She said as she snuggled up and layed her head on his shoulder with a sigh.

“As I was walking back to this cabin. I could sense you. I mean... I could sense your power. It was strange.” Marcus said with a sigh.

“Most Shadow Knights can do that when they bind themselves with their Kinetics.... Since you said that you can not get rid of the binding you did to yourself, then I guess that means that you have an upper hand on a lot of us Knights.” She said with a smile and poked Marcus in the ribs playfully. Which earned her a smile from him.

“Are you hungry?” Marcus ask, completely changing the subject.

“Yea, I guess I am a little. I forgot to pick up some food on the way here though.” Jesse said with a slight frown.

“Well, let’s go to the nearest town and pick up some then.” Marcus said with a bright smile. He wanted to ease some of this seriousness that he was throwing at Jesse.

“Ok, let’s go.” She said and slapped his thigh lightly before standing up.

“What about these swords?” Marcus asked, not really wanting to let go of the blade for some cause. He had to take it off for a moment to put on a new shirt, but then slipped it back on.

Jesse seen this in his face and said, “Well, we can leave them in the car when we get there... Or we could use persuasion on the people around us to ignore them. It’s your choice.” She said with an impish grin. She knew Marcus was becoming more and more like a Knight. No Knight liked leaving his or her sword.

“I think I will go with the latter.” He said with a very gracious smile and then started heading for the door. Jesse noticed that his footsteps were as light as a ghost. Marcus was defiantly good at being silent. That would come in handy a well.

Marcus got in the car and started it up, then they started out on the dirt road. Marcus was thinking about how much he enjoyed the quiet solitude of the cabin... When suddenly he spotted a lone figure walking on the side of the road about 500 yards up. He did not know if Jesse seen her or not. But even at that distance, Marcus knew that it was a Shadow Knight. Marcus drove the car at the same speed towards her.

“Do see her? It’s a Knight.” Marcus asked Jesse and as soon as he mentioned the word Knight he could almost feel Jesse’s anxiety.

Jesse bound her Kinetics so that her senses and strength went up and she discovered that Marcus was right. This figure was indeed a Knight. They got closer and closer to her. Marcus slowed the car a little to study the girl Knight. She looked to be fifteen or sixteen years old. She was not an ordinary Knight though. Marcus knew that this Knight was one of the rogues that Jesse had talked about.

He knew this because the girl had shoulder length black hair and Knights from New Mexico all had blonde hair. What he was not sure of was if she was with the Dark Knights in New Orleans. Marcus was a little scared and a little excited as they got closer to the Knight. He wished he knew how to use the sword on his back at that moment.

“I know her... She’s with Shain’s group. I wonder what she’s doing here though.” Jesse said with a light and relieved voice.

“What’s her name?” Marcus asked, never taking his eyes off the Knight.

“It slips my mind.” Jesse said with a slight frown.

They were now about fifty yards from the girl and Marcus pulled over to the side of the road. “I guess we should see what she wants, huh?” Marcus said with a smile and got out of the car.

Jesse followed suit but Marcus slowed and let her pass him. the reason being that Jesse might be a little less intimidating than he was. He stayed about three paces behind Jesse. Marcus looked at the Knight with appreciation. She wore all black just like Jesse did and she also wore mirror shades like his. If the girl Knight meant them harm, her face did not show it. Marcus seriously did not think she did though.

Marcus also noticed the sword that was strapped to her back. The handle was at an angle so that she could reach it with ease. This Knight looked to be a couple of years younger than Marcus. The closer he got the more his curiosity peaked. For some reason Marcus could feel the power coming off this girl. He could tell that she was a little bit stronger than Jesse. This confused him since Jesse was older.

When they were about five yards away, Jesse stopped and put her feet together, then placed her fist over her heart. Marcus’ instincts told him that this was a greeting and a show of respect. Marcus did not do this though. The reason being that he had no clue as to who this girl was. He learned long ago to not put that much trust to someone you don’t know. Jesse then closed the gap a little.

The Knight stepped forward and said, “My name is Kait. Shain sent me. He said that if you were not at any of the motels, check the cabin.” She said this in a low but serious voice. Marcus could tell that this girl had discipline.

“Why did my brother send you? Is there something wrong?” She asked with a touch of worry to her voice.

“No... Well... Yea. Shain thinks that the Dark Knights won’t follow the treaty and he wanted me to make sure that you were good enough in the Arts to come. He’s afraid there may be war.” Kait said in a low and deadly voice.

Jesse made a face of mild annoyance. She hated being tested on her skills. She looked back to Marcus then. She noticed that there was not a speck of emotion on his face. He had a complete look of concentration on his face. She was pretty sure that Marcus was thinking about if he should trust Kait or not.

Kait dragged her eyes over Marcus and Jesse could also tell that Kait was thinking the same thing. Marcus wanted to get the introductions over with as soon as possible. He could see Kait studying him. So, he gave her something else to study. He reached up and unbuttoned his shirt part way.

He lifted the black smoked crystal that proved his heritage and looked dead at Kait. He moved Jesse to the side a little and asked Kait, “Do you know what this is?” Marcus asked in a voice that was low and commanding. It was a voice he rarely used.

“It can’t be.... You’re... You’re...” Then she fell to one knee and pulled her sword in one swift motion, laying it on the ground before her. Then she placed her fist over her heart and said with a bowed head, “My sword and soul are yours my Lord.” Her heart was pumping quite fast, Marcus could here the dim beat.

Jesse looked over to Marcus and saw Marcus had a shocked face. <’Better get used to that lover boy... Because soon there might be quite a few dozen doing that’> Jesse sent that thought to him telepathically, then added, <’Accept her offer. That’s what she expects’> She said telepathically with a very gracious smile.

Marcus regained his composure and said, “You may rise. I’m glad you offered me your sword.... I haven’t had a chance to learn mine. I am who you think I am though. Just bear with me until Jesse here can show me the Arts of the sword.” Marcus said reaching out with his hand to Kait, helping the girl with a very surprised look on her face, to her feet.

“What about your other abilities my Lord?” She asked with a curious face.

“Marcus here has pretty much Mastered those. All he lacks is his sword technique and if I know him at all, he will learn that VERY quickly just as he has the rest.” Jesse said in a low and proud voice.

“Marcus? Why do you disrespect the Son Of Dakrin by calling him by name?” Kait asked, her face a little annoyed

“I asked her to not call me Lord... Although, you may call me what you will, the choice is yours. Jesse said that I will have to get used to the name Lord Marcus.” Marcus said with voice that seemed to exude power. Jesse was indeed proud of him.

“I think I will call you Lord Marcus.” She said with a smile and a bow of the head. Marcus thought she looked quite cute in the leather jacket and black tank top.

“What ever gets your kicks.” Marcus said with a smile as he watched her put away her sword.

“Kait, I heard that you are one of Shain’s best Blade Runner’s. What’s the real reason he would send someone so good here?” Jesse asked, sending Marcus a message telepathically, telling him a Blade Runner was sort of like special forces.

Kait sort of blushed a little, “He told me not to say.” Kait said in almost a whisper.

Marcus stepped in and said “And now I’M telling to say. This could effect my training.” Marcus said in a low and commanding voice.

“The Dark Knights learned of your exit from the Zone and sent scouts to find you. Shain does not want you to worry though.” She said with a low but steady voice.

“Let’s talk about it over dinner. I’m about to starve. Please join us, Kait.” Marcus said with a warm smile.

Then they all got back in the car, Kait in the back, Jesse in the front and started for town.