The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Tome Reader 2013: Laura Crofton and The Amulet of Kousen

CHAPTER 4 : Wrapping it up

Laura pulled her pants up and grabbed a shirt. Nickolas watched from a corner of the room, already dressed. “Your a resourceful woman Laura. What would you do with Samara if you were in my shoes? Kill her?” he asked.

Laura pulled her shirt down and walked over to Samara. She looked down at her old friend with cold, uncaring eyes.

“No, we should turn her as you turned me.” Laura allowed a hand to brush against Samara’s cheek the same way Nickolas had done to Laura. She then continued, “There is power in numbers. Whether we leave on the Patrol boat or take this entire ship, we could use her either way.”

Samara couldn’t believe what Laura was saying. Was this the ruthless side of Laura that Nickolas had spoken of earlier? Samara couldn’t help but wonder if Laura had been this heartless on the island when she was away from the ship and crew.

Nickolas spoke up, “Your suggestion does make sense. Hmm, I hadn’t really thought about taking the whole damn ship though. You really think we could pull it off?”

“Of coarse master. No one knows the power you wield. Turn a few of the crew members and they will never see it coming.”

“I love it when you talk like that,” Nickolas said.

Laura smiled and walked up to her owner. Nickolas leaned forward and began to kiss her.

There was a clap of hands from the doorway. Samara turned and saw Jack standing there with two guards on either side of him.

Before Laura or Nickolas could react, two tazor wires shot across the room. The couple fell to the floor.

Jack walked into the cabin. His facial expression was calm and collected like he knew exactly what he was doing. “Well, what a fine mess we have here,” he said.

Samara was never so glad to see Jack. He stepped behind her and began to fiddle with her binds. However, he wasn’t loosening them, he was tightening them!

Samara protested through the gag until she saw Jack walking around with the amulet in his hand.

He opened the necklace up and placed it around Samara’s neck. She couldn’t understand what he was doing or why he was doing it. And then he began to speak. In a flash, Samara’s was floating above her body once again. The word ‘no’ barely escaped her lips.

* * *

Nickolas opened his eyes only to find himself handcuffed to some pipes. The room was blurry at first, but soon he could make out a moving figure in front of him. Behind the figure was a wall of monitors.

Nickolas blinked several times. The room slowly came into focus. He saw the back of an occupied chair. Samara was bouncing up and down, humping whoever was in the chair. She looked strait ahead with empty eyes.

Laura was kneeling on the floor to the left of the chair, staring at Nickolas with the same empty eyes. It was as though both of their minds had been erased.

There was some loud grunting from the chair and then Samara stopped.

“Sit my pet”, a voice spoke.

Samara dismounted her master and kneeled, a mirror image of Laura minus the clothing.

The chair turned, “Ah, you are finally awake,” a familiar voice spoke.

“Jace? Jace ‘The Jackal’ Macaroy?” Nickolas said in horror. “Your last name isn’t Marenoff!”

“No its not,” Jack said smiling. “So tell me Nick. Where have you been these last 8 years?”

Nick didn’t reply at first. He looked around the room trying to get his bearings.

“Well Nick,” Jack prodded.

“I decided it was time for a vacation. So I parked my boat at one of those off limit islands and raped and killed people for a few years. How about you Jack?” Nick replied with an edge of sarcasm.

“Selling cargo manifests and shipment information to pirates got old, so I moved on and decided to get my own ship,” Jack said.

“I see,” Nickolas replied. “So what kind of cargo you hauling these days: slaves, drugs, weapons?”

Jack laughed, “You know me well Nick.” He then leaned forward, “Unfortunately a bit too well,” he said with a serious tone. “And since you killed Henry, now I will have to deal with the authorities when I get to port. The boat will be searched from top to bottom. Do you have any idea how inconvenient you have made my trip?”

Nickolas interrupted, “If you didn’t want to be inconvenienced, why did you answer a distress call?”

Jack breathed deeply, “Old habits die hard,” he said. “I didn’t answer that call intending to rescue anyone. I was looking for valuables and maybe a hot date. Then we would dump the bodies and keep the change just like the good old days. But you had to go and kill Henry. Lucky for you, I am feeling generous after seeing what that necklace can do.”

“How do you know about that?” Nickolas said.

Jack pushed his chair to the side. Behind him on the monitor was a video feed of Samara’s room.

“When Laura took off yesterday for Sam’s room, I had a suspicion she knew something. So I came here and recorded the whole thing. I was kind of hoping you would all just kill each other. But that didn’t happen. And then you activated the necklace with that phrase. It was quite the parlor trick.”

“Is that what happened to them? You used the necklace on them?” Nickolas said.

“Bingo” Jack said turning and caressing Laura’s chin.

“So what now?” Nickolas asked.

Jack thought for a second, “Well, I will have some more fun with the ladies here. Then I will erase any memory of the necklace or the last few hours from their memories and deliver them safely to shore with the rest of their crew.”

“I don’t understand. Why would... why would you do that?” Nick asked?

“I don’t believe in tempting fate. This necklace is enough good fortune for one trip. If I become too greedy, fate will take its gifts away. Call me suspicious if you want, but life has taught me the value of restraint.”

Jack stopped and looked to Laura, “Stand Laura”

“Yes master,” Laura said as she rose.

Jack allowed his hand to caress Laura’s body, “I admit it is tempting to turn these ladies into my permanent concubines. But I will consider the necklace adequate payment for safe passage. I will only use them for one evening and then I’ll set them free before the other survivors even notice their absence.”

“And what about me?” Nickolas asked.

Jack turned back to Nick, “Someone has to take the blame for Henry’s death. Why not the man who actually killed him? And with the help of the necklace, I don’t think I will have any trouble convincing you that admitting to your crimes is a great plan. Laura, would you please place the necklace around Nicks neck.”

“Yes Master,” Laura said taking the necklace from Jack’s hand.

Nick spoke up as Laura fastened the necklace. “I know you don’t owe me any favors Jack, but Laura here killed hundreds of my people. Do me one favor? Make her a ruthless, cold-blooded killer. Make her into the person she fears becoming.”

Jack looked at Nick, “I thought you already extracted your justice,” Jack smiled.

He then looked at Laura, “But I could definitely see getting a bit creative with her rehabilitation. Not for you, but for me. For example, I might nudge her towards an adventurous lifestyle, one where she needs to spend lots of money hiring a ship to take her around the world. I even have a captain in mind. One who conveniently knows a trigger that turns her into a mindless fuck toy for those lonely nights as sea.”

“So she will spend the rest of her life helping you find some booty?” Nickolas said.

“Just for that I should kill you,” Jack chuckled. “Good thing I am in a good mood.”

Then the smile faded from Jack’s face.

“Goodbye Nick.”

* * *

Laura stood on the Deck. It was a beautiful day. In the distance Samara, Joe and Renee sat among the crates talking.

Renee was showing Samara photos of her daughter, “This is Alissa making me waffles before her ballet class.”

Joe sat and talked to himself out loud, “What I wouldn’t give for a nice cold mango smoothie on a hot day like this.”

Jack walked up to Laura, “Need anything?” he asked.

Laura noticed his gaze wonder up and down her body before settling on her face. It was accompanied by a mischievous grin. For some reason she didn’t mind Jack checking her out. In fact it gave her a slight tingling feeling that caused a brief moan to escape her lips. She tried to play it off by shaking her head, as though answering his question.

Jack continued, “I don’t know what happened to you on that island but judging from that look in your eye, I don’t think I want to know.”

Laura just stared off into space. His voice was so easy to listen to and so... powerful. She bowed her head because it felt right, even though it made no sense. After an awkward silence, she dared to look up. Jack was still there staring at her, “Anyway, you’ll be home soon,” he said. He turned and walked away.

Laura looked down at the book in her hands. She felt... different. She felt fearless, empowered and confident. “I’m not going home,” she said with an unfamiliar tone that lacked emotion. It was as if the words were not her own and yet they were. They were her words and now they were her thoughts and her purpose. She looked out to the sea, to the horizon and wondered where the words would take her next.