The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Story: Kiss of the Vampire

by J. Darksong

Part 3.

Andrea Bradley sighed deeply, letting the calming waters of the hotel shower wash over her, soothing away the tension of the previous night. Her arms ached, her flesh felt battered and bruised, and she felt a cramp in the middle of her calf. She couldn’t remember ever feeling so wonderful in her entire life.

Rubbing the soapy rag along the cleft between her legs made her moan softly, shuddering slightly in remembrance of last night’s utterly mind-blowing experience. It was funny; she had never made love to a woman before, never even considered it, yet she found herself completely enamored with the beautiful auburn-haired Amazon lying stretched out on her bed.

And her little blonde friend wasn’t too bad, either, she mused to herself, lathering up her own thick glossy blonde locks under the showerhead. She’d been surprised when Iliana had walked in, with the very attractive girl following close behind. A fierce jealousy the likes she’d never known had overtaken her. Had she been replaced so soon? Her worries were unfounded, however, as she soon found out. Lauren was no threat to her; indeed, she’d been much more interested in Andrea herself than in Iliana.

Not that I didn’t appreciate the attention, either. Man... her tongue must be nearly a foot long. She shuddered pleasantly again at the thought, then feeling the water begin to cool down, shut it off and slipped out of the shower. She quickly toweled dry, and crept back into the bedroom, moving silently, not wanting to disturb the two women.

Both women were sitting up in bed, waiting for her. “Ah, you’re done,” Lauren said brightly. “I trust you feel relaxed now, Andrea, darling?”

The lieutenant blushed slightly. Iliana, sighing deeply, patted the bed next to her. “Sit down, Andrea. We need to talk.” The somber tone of her lover’s voice subdued Andrea’s once boisterous mood, and she slipped to the bed as asked. “Do you know what’s happened to you, Andrea?” Iliana asked. “Do you know why you’re here?”

Frowning, Andrea pondered. It was a strange question. She was here because... because... The thick fog-like veil inside her mind parted, and Andrea gasped, wide-eyes, as she became fully aware once more. She stood up from the bed, gawking, mouth agape. Her hand closed instinctively at her hip, reaching for the gun lying across the room with her clothes. Seeing her distress, Iliana raised a hand, placatingly.

“Easy, Andrea. Calm down. It’s okay. Everything is fine... just like before. Just relax and sit down.” When the girl refused to move, she exhaled loudly. “Look, if we’d wanted to hurt you, we would have done so long ago, alright? Now SIT DOWN!” Andrea slipped back to the bed, but further back now, several feet away from either vampire.

“Who... what are you?” she asked, already knowing the answer. She placed a slender hand to her throat, feeling her neck for any puncture wounds. “Why did you bring me here? What do you want with me?”

Lauren scoffed, turning her head. “You can ask that after last night’s activities? Huh. I liked you better when you were an obedient, love-struck, little—”

“We need your help,” Iliana broke in, glaring at the younger vampiress. “A friend of ours was caught at your station a few weeks ago, and handed over to the feds. Security around the place is tight, very tight, and Lauren tells me that have all sorts of sensor devices and scanners set up. They’d know instantly if one of us went inside. We need you to go in and reconnoiter for us, and give us info—how he is, where’s he’s being held, how many guards, and such. You’re a detective, a police lieutenant, and your department gave him to the feds. You’d have a very good chance of getting inside.”

Andrea frowned again, crossing her arms. “Okay, I think I get it now. That whole brainwashing thing, that... uhm, last night’s.. activities... all that was to get me on your side, huh?”

“No, not at all. Last night was because... well, because you’re a beautiful and sexy woman.” Andrea blushed despite herself; even knowing she had been used, Iliana’s words struck a deep cord inside her. “To be honest, Andrea, I hadn’t planned using you for anything more than a night of passion, to give you a night of pleasure like you’ve never experienced before. But then I found out about the research center where Garret is being held, and all the security, and I knew I needed someone... a human someone... to infiltrate.”

“Okay, granted. I think I can understand that. But, why break the spell? Just a few minutes ago, I was so deep I would have done anything you asked me to... anything.” She shivered slightly, remembering the feeling. She would have done anything the gorgeous redhead had asked her to do, from murdering the innocent to killing herself, all with a smile on her face, happy, eager to do whatever was asked of her. That knowledge shook her, bringing out feelings of pleasure and fear. “Why wake me out of it, then?” she asked again. “Why ask me to do this instead of simply commanding me to?”

Lauren sighed deeply. “For something like this, you need to be clear-headed and focused. The researchers there know exactly what they’re dealing with. They know, or at least suspect, what we’re capable of. All of the guards patrol in two-man teams, to make sure no one gets compromised. They figure the other man will notice if one of them starts acting strange, if one of them has been mesmerized or something.”

“If we sent you in there, still deep in the mind-dream I’d given you, they would have known it instantly,” Iliana finished. “You could only pull it off by being yourself, a young, bright, intelligent police detective... by being yourself. To get in, you’d have to be able to think on your feet, and handle anything unexpected the guards tried to throw at you. A zombie couldn’t handle that.”

Andrea smiled thinly. “So, you need me. For al your power, for all your posturing, you need the help of a simply human woman. What makes you think I’ll go along with this? Why should I help you? Despite everything you’ve done to me the past two days, I’m still a policeman. I’m not going to do something illegal.”

“I know,” Iliana said softly, glancing down. “And we can’t force you to, either. This is why I woke you from the spell... to ask you. To BEG you. I need your help, Andrea. Garret needs your help! He’s an good man, an innocent man. He doesn’t deserve this. Right now, the researchers are doing who-knows-what to him, experimenting on him, dissecting him! I can’t let this go on! Please... I need your help.”

Andrea felt her resolve melting. She still felt the bond between them even now; the need to please the lovely auburn beauty was overwhelming. Such a strong, virile, powerful woman, forced to beg for her help? Pleading with her? It was more than Andrea could bear. Gritting her teeth, trying not to show her eagerness, she nodded.

“Alright. Fine. I’ll do it. I’ll help you... but, uhm...” She glanced down, shyly, blushing with heat. She couldn’t believe she was about to ask this! “Aft... afterwards... uhm... could you... will you promise... to... uhm, you know... I mean, last night... last night was just... and... I...”

Iliana smiled softly, leaned forward, and kissed Andrea hard on the lips. The slender blonde melted instantly, molding her body against Iliana’s. Her mind numbed, and her will vanished again, as her body’s libido took control once more. A soft deep groan rumbled inside the policewoman’s throat, prevented from escaping by the pressure of vampire lips against her own. Her bare thighs slickened underneath her bathrobe, and Iliana’s long thin fingers slid inside, making her juices gush all the more.

That’s my girl, Iliana bespoke directly into Andrea’s mind, gazing deep into her eyes. This is what you want, isn’t it? To be enslaved, to return to that deep, fulfilling subservience, just like before? Andrea’s back arched, and she came, gently, a soft prelude, she hoped, of things yet to come. You want this always, to belong to me... to be my sweet, hot, little tramp... my sex-craved little slut... forced to serve my every need, my every whim? A light touch on the writhing woman’s clit set her off again, her eyes fluttering. That is what you desire, isn’t it, Andrea? To belong to me, as my slave? Say it, little one. Say what you desire. Pledge yourself to me, beg to be mine, and maybe, just maybe, I’ll let you cum just once more.

Andrea’s mouth finally pulled free from the intense pleasure of Iliana’s scarlet lips, wet with Andrea’s own blood, though she’d not been bitten. “YYEEEESSSS!!” she screamed, throwing her head back, pushing her pelvis forward into the vampire’s slender grasp. “I want it! Need it! Please! Take me! Make me yours! Your slave! Please! Your slave!!”

CUM.

A bomb blast, a nuclear detonation of pleasure, exploded within her. Her eyes and mouth stood open, but Andrea could neither see nor speak. Her body lay on the bed, back arched into a painfully tight bow, muscles tensed to their fullest degree. She was cumming, cumming to the nth degree, her vaginal muscles straining so powerfully that she gave off a feminine ejaculation, spurting her juices onto the covers. Her mind was filled only with pleasure, only with her submission, her need, her glorious need, to surrender all to this woman, this inhuman succubus, this sublimely seductive woman. Her muscled gently relaxed, and her body went limp, and still her mind bubbled over with pleasure. Her eyelids closed as she passed out cold, a single droplet of blood trickling down from her bottom lip to the bed.

Lauren watched, appreciative. “I’m impressed, Iliana,” she said, getting dressed. “I’ve never seen anything like that before. What did you do to her?”

The older vampiress licked her lips daintily, and bent to retrieve her own clothes. “It’s called the Blood Kiss. A little of my own blood coated on my lips, as I kiss her, sending just the tiniest amount of my essence into her. It strengthens my control over her, bonds her deeper to me. It has other side effects as well, though. I could just as easily drain her dry through that kiss, sucking all of her blood through the fluid exchange that sends my blood into her. Of course, it’s just easier to simply bite your target and drink the old fashioned way.”

Lauren smirked. “I’ll have to try that sometime and see. Anyway, what about her? Will she be out long?”

“Nah. Probably just a half hour at most.”

She nodded. “You know, you didn’t have to agree to anything. She already said she would help us free Garret. She’ll have to be completely clear-headed for this mission, anyway, remember?”

“I know, I know. When she wakes up, she’ll be herself again. But still... at least now, she has some incentive to go through with this.” She sighed softly. “Lauren... about that. I don’t really want a slave. I’m happier being one myself than being someone’s Master.” She sat quietly for a moment, sliding her long black boots over her small feet. “What Andrea craves is the submission, the thrill and pleasure I feel whenever Master commands me. I like her, I do... but I can’t give her what she truly wants... not permanently.”

“Well, what do you plan to tell her once this whole thing is over?”

“Well... I was thinking... you did lose Jeremy when this all started,” she said slowly.

Lauren shook her head. “No, Ana, no. Don’t even suggest that!”

Iliana smiled, moving over towards the younger vampire girl. “Oh come on, Lauren. You said last night you enjoyed being with her. You like being in charge, being a Mistress. From what I’ve seen, Andrea would be a nice addition to the ‘family’. She’d probably make a good little vampire as well, in time.”

“No, no, no!” Lauren said, still shaking her head. “Not again. I already screwed up once with Jeremy. No way am I getting involved with another one.”

“Lauren.”

She stopped shaking her head and look, gasping slightly, finding Iliana staring deep into her eyes. Lauren’s own went wide and glassy, as she felt the stronger vampire extending her power, probing deep into her mind. She struggled for nearly two seconds before succumbing, moaning softly under her breath.

“You don’t want to resist me, do you, Lauren?” Iliana purred, sliding a hand gently along the entranced blonde’s ample chest, stroking the hardening nipples. “You think that my idea is a very good one. You do love Andrea very much, don’t you?”

“Y... yeessss...” she sighed softly, her head lolling slightly.

“Good girl,” Iliana said, lightly pinching a nipple, making the younger girl clench her thighs. A small dark spot formed at the crotch of her newly donned slacks, signaling her pleasure. “You think it would be a good idea to maybe take Andrea under your wing,” Iliana continued, “to take her as your slave... to train her, and show her what it means to be your servant, and your lover.” She slid a hand down to Lauren’s crotch, rubbing lightly on the steadily dampening fabric, causing the young vampiress to mewl and groan in pleasure.

“Yeeessss... good idea... my slave...” she murmured dreamily, her pliant mind soaking up each of Iliana’s words as if they were her own thoughts.

“Good girl, Lauren,” Iliana said lightly, running her free hand between her own thighs. Seducing two beautiful young blonde women in one sitting was nearly too much for her. “You have been such a good obedient little slut, Lauren,” she purred gently in her ear, “that I think I should reward you. Lie down here, between my thighs, and lick me till I cum. When you do, you may cum as well. Afterwards, you may awaken... and remember only that I somehow talked you into this decision.” The mesmerized girl slipped eagerly down, moving into place, when Iliana placed a hand to her forehead, stopping her.

“And one more little thing,” she added with a slight edge to her voice. “From now on, Lauren, my dear, you will have no desire whatsoever to engage in sex with my Master! You will yearn for men and woman, as before... but not for him. Not Garret Roberts. From now on, you see him as being beyond your reach, forever out of your league.” She smiled with satisfaction as the words took effect. Then, sighing, she opened her thighs, and allowed the pleasure to overtake her.

* * *

A sudden and unexpected break in the day’s usual torment caught Garret off guard. Panting, licking his dry, cracked lips, he glanced up at the window to the main command complex of the lab. Dr. Simon was arguing with someone, a soldier in a camouflage uniform, different from the green dress uniform of the regular sentries posted about the base. Straining his eyes, Garret focused in on their lips.

“...don’t care what kind of schedule you were giving, Captain,” Dr. Simon was saying. “My subject’s well-being is my primary concern. He will not be moved to the transport vehicle until seven o’ clock tonight, when the sun has fully set. You can radio your headquarters and explain the delay, but I refuse to budge on the matter.”

“But Doctor,” the Captain explained, rubbing the bridge of his nose, “even if this guy IS a so-called vampire like you claim, the transport vehicle is parked out back, by the gate. It’s maybe five feet from the back entrance to the back of the truck. You could have him inside, safe and secure, in less than ten seconds. Even momentary exposure to sunlight wouldn’t destroy him in such a short amount of time. It’s ridiculous to make us sit here and wait six more hours before we transport you out of here.”

Dr. Simon raised a brow. “Ridiculous or not, Captain, this is my decision to make. Check with your superiors again and see. I am a special attaché with military intelligence as well as the CIA. I think you’ll find that in this matter I am in command, and that you are here only to provide support. You and your men know virtually nothing about my research, nothing about the nature of the subject I’ve been studying. You may think all my precautions are excessive, that I’m paranoid or overreacting, but you, Captain, have not seen firsthand the carnage that one of these creatures can perpetrate! We move at seven o’ clock, at sunset. That’s final.”

The Captain sighed wearily. He spoke some more with the doctor, discussing the route, and specifics of the journey, but Garret had already turned away. They were moving him out tonight. Finally, the time to make his move had arrived. Flexing his withered, nearly emaciated muscles, he stifled a groan. He only hoped he had the strength left to make his escape when the time finally came.

* * *

Six thirty-nine P.M.

A dark blue Plymouth Skylark pulled into the gate of the government research facility. The guard gate, a talk, olive-skinned man with black hair, stepped out from his booth, a clipboard in his hands. “This is a restricted area,” he said loudly. “I need proper authorization to allow you to enter.”

The slender necked blonde flashed him a small grin, and flipped out a badge. “Lieutenant Bradley, Branford PD. I’m here to speak with your superiors about that little matter a few weeks back, the break-in at the morgue. We still have a few loose ends we need to tie up before we can close the case for good.”

The guard frowned. “Lieutenant Bradley, is it? I don’t see you on the list anywhere.”

Andrea sighed deeply. “Huh. It figures. We’ve been really swamped over at the station lately. It’s a real jungle out there these days. Listen, my boss wanted me to wrap this us as soon as possible... meaning he wanted my report on his desk yesterday. Could you let me in for just a second? It won’t take long, I promise.”

“I’m sorry, ma’am, but I can’t let you pass without authorization.”

“Look,” she said after a moment. “Just call the desk sergeant at the precinct. He’ll vouch for me. I’m just trying to do my job here, just like you. We’re both civil servants, right? All I need if five minutes with your boss to ask a few questions.” She gave him her warmest smile, and finally, with a sigh of resignation, the man waved her through.

“Alright. I’ll let them know you’re coming,” he said, opening the gate. “I hope you know, this is a really big favor you owe me, Officer.” He grinned, leaning against her window. “You know, I have a few unpaid parking tickets... big mistakes, actually. I mean, I was there on official business. So what if the time on the meter expired?”

“Yes, well, I’m Robbery-Homicide,” Andrea said, gently dislodging the man’s arm from the front of the car. “I’m not over traffic... but I’ll see what I can do for you. Thanks again.” She pushed the car forward, driving over to the front of the building, parking in an empty space.

“Hey, wait!” the gate guard cried, out. “Dammit... I didn’t get to give her my name or anything.” He smiled softly. “Oh well, at least I have hers. I wonder if she’s free for dinner sometime next week?”

“We’re here,” Andrea said aloud, removing the keys from the ignition. “I parked far enough from the front of the building that the surveillance cameras won’t be able to see the back end of the car.”

“Good job,” Lauren’s muffled voice called up from the trunk. “Iliana and I will wait here. The sun’s just at the edge of the horizon, not enough to do any real damage, but all the same, we’d rather stay inside until it’s gone down completely.”

Are you sure you know what to do? Iliana asked with her mind.

“For the last time, yes, I know what I’m doing,” Andrea grumbled, exiting the car. “Sheesh. Try and have a little faith, will you? I did get us past the guard gate, didn’t I?”

True, true. But what would you have done if he’d decided to call the police station to confirm your visit here?

Andrea smiled. “I planned ahead. While you and Lauren were freshening up, I called my partner Mike, and told him to cover for me. Anyone calling to the station asking about me would have been referred to his desk, and he would have collaborated whatever story I told.”

She reached the main entrance, and buzzed, waiting a moment for the magnetic seal to open. A young man appeared soon after, a soldier in a freshly pressed forest green uniform. He peered at her, frowning, glancing down at the front gate. Andrea flashed her badge, and reluctantly, he opened the door. “Thanks. I was beginning to think I would have to conduct my business out here.”

“Sorry, ma’am, you just startled me. Now then, Officer...”

“Bradley. Detective-Lieutenant Bradley.”

“Right. Detective, Bradley, what can I do for you? I’m sure you know this is a highly restricted area—”

“Yes, yes, I am well aware of that,” she said, pushing past him, moving down the hallway. “And it’s all very sophisticated, very high-tech. Electronic door locks, security cameras all over the place,” she said, waving to the swiveling camera tracking her movements. “This place must eat up a big chunk of the tax payer’s money. Maybe I’m in the wrong branch of the—”

“Detective Bradley,” the guard said, interposing himself between her and the doorway to which she had been heading. “I must ask you again: why are you here?”

She stared at him, frowning, as if in disbelief. “You mean no one told you? I’m here on a follow-up to our investigation on the man we turned over to your superiors three weeks ago. The... the... whatchamcallit... that supposed vampire guy.” She turned away from the man, intentionally avoiding his surprised gaze, peering into the window of the doorway they stood in front of. “Hmmm. Very well stocked facility you have here. Looks like enough bottles and jars of pills to medicate all of Connecticut.”

“Ms. Bradley,” the man said, flustered, pulled her away from the door. “Look, I didn’t hear anything about visit, about it being okayed by Dr. Simon, so I’m going to have to escort you out. We’re very busy right now, and we don’t have time for any unscheduled visits.”

Andrea planted her feet solidly, gripping the doorframe. “This isn’t an ‘unscheduled’ anything, son. I’m here to speak with your superiors, to finish up a few final details on this Garret Roberts guy. He was caught breaking into OUR station, remember? We were gracious enough to turn him over to you, for your... research... or whatever, with the idea of a little cooperation between local and federal government here. Now, when we ask to speak with your Dr. Simon, just to clear up a few minor details, you give me the runaround?”

“What’s going on out here?” Another soldier, similarly dressed, asked, arms crossed. “Corporal, what is this woman doing inside the compound? Who let her through the gate?”

“Detective Andrea Bradley,” the lieutenant shot back, flashing her badge. “The guard gate let me in, so that I could speak with the director of this facility, a visit my captain set up over the phone three days ago! I’m tired of this shit! Who do I have to talk with to get something done around here? All I want is to speak with Dr. Simon for five minutes to answer a few questions, for God’s sakes!”

The newcomer frowned, looking Andrea over carefully, then whispered softly to the other soldier, who shook his head. “...is a live one...” she heard them whisper softly, before the commanding officer nodded. “Very well, then, Detective. Follow me. Dr. Simon is quite busy at the moment, but if you can wait a moment I’m sure I can persuade him to see you.”

“About fucking time,” she muttered, not-so-softly under her breath.

The solder led her through a series of twisting turns, to a lounge, complete with a soda machine, refrigerator, and microwave. “Wait right here. I’ll be back with the doctor in a moment.” He walked outside, as Andrea noted carefully, turning to the right, paused for a moment, and entered a door just out of her view.

He must be in there, Ana said softly inside Andrea’s mind, seeing through the detective’s eyes. It’s five till seven now; the sun’s completely down. See if you can find the main fuse box or something, the power for the surveillance system once you finish with this Doctor Simon.

“No problem,” Andrea whispered back, knowing the vampiress would hear the words in her own mind.

“What was that, just now?”

Andrea whirled to find an aged man, tall, thin, slightly stooped, with graying hair, staring at her. He wore a gleaming white lab coat with thick round spectacles perched on the edge of his nose. Composing herself, she extended her hand. “Ah, Dr. Simon, I presume. I’m Andrea Bradley, Branford PD—”

“Yes, yes, my associate explained exactly who you are,” he said dismissively. “You were muttering something just before I walked in. What was it you were saying?”

Blushing slightly, put off to be so nearly caught, she shook her head. “Oh, it’s nothing, nothing at all. I was just wondering what the problem was, why simply meeting with you to wrap up my report was like pulling teeth.”

The doctor eyed her suspiciously for a long moment, not blinking, not speaking, simply staring at her. Then, suddenly, he turned and nodded. “Very well then. What is it you wish to know, Detective?”

Andrea relaxed slightly. “I wanted to ask you a few questions about that man we gave into your custody a few weeks ago, one Garret L. Roberts. My Captain is quite eager to close the file on him, and put this case to rest, but we need to fill in a few more blanks.”

“Such as?”

“Well, uhm, such as... the background check on him came up empty. We ran his name through our records and came up with zip. No driver’s license, no social security card, nothing found in his wallet at the time gave a clue to who this guy really is.”

The doctor lofted an eyebrow. “Yes, and your point is?”

Andrea gaped back. “You don’t find that the least bit suspicious? A man, without a past, chooses to break into a police station and alter records, destroy evidence on a strange and brutal murder case... and you ask what the point is?” She sighed softly. “We want to know who this guy is. If I could be allowed to see him for a moment or two, talk with him, maybe get a line on just who—”

“No.”

Andrea blinked. “Excuse me?”

“I said, ‘no’. Absolutely not. I’m afraid that would be quite impossible.”

Eyes narrowed, she glared back at him. “Look, doc, I know you’re some bigwig head honcho back in Washington, but this is a serious matter here. If this guy is involved in some way that Jeremy kid, the guy that killed those policemen, then you had better cooperate with us! As far as I can see, this guy is strictly a local matter; he hasn’t broken any federal laws that I know about. You have no right to restrict access to him! If need be, I’ll come back with a search warrant—”

The doctor shook his head. “No, no, I think you misunderstand me. I’m not keeping you from talking to the man. If it were up to me, you could talk to him to your heart’s content. Unfortunately, that’s not possible anymore.”

“And why is that?”

“Because he died three days ago.”

Andrea felt her shock doubled, as the backlash of Iliana’s reaction struck her as well. “Dead?” she said softly. “How? Why? What happened?”

“I’m afraid the poor deranged man tried to escape. He broke free, took a gun from one of the sentries, and attempted to fight his way out. We were forced to shoot him. Terribly sorry, it was a tragedy, but, well, these things happen.”

NO! Iliana’s thoughtspeak voice boomed inside the policeman’s head. No, he’s lying. He’s not dead. I would know if he were dead! I would FEEL it!

“Uhm, well, then,” Andrea said, recovering quickly, “maybe the body itself could shed some light on things. Might I see the body? Maybe a copy of his dental records, or his maybe his fingerprints would help us find out who he is... er, was.”

The doctor turned away, sighing deeply. “I’m afraid we’ve already disposed of the body. He was suspected of being a vampire after all. Obviously, he wasn’t, since he’s now dead, but at the time, we thought it best not to take any chances. We had him cremated. Would you like to see his ashes?”

Sighing wearily, rubbing the bridge of her nose, Andrea shook her head. “No thank you, Dr. Simon. That won’t be necessary. If Garret Roberts is dead, then this case is closed. Thank you again for your time.”

“My pleasure, Detective,” the old man muttered, walking back down the hallway. “Always happy to cooperate with local law enforcement.”

* * *

Six fifty-nine.

Two men dressed in black stepped out of the dimly lit shadows of trees beside the Chevron station. They walked swiftly, purposely, but silently, towards the large eighteen-wheel truck parked next to the phone booth. The trucker, a big-chested, brawny man with a shaggy black beard, yelled obscenities at someone on the other end of the phone. The dark clad man on the left nodded to his partner, and with one fluidic move, jerked the truck driver out of the booth, flung him hard against the side of his truck, and slid the phone back into its cradle.

The trucker, stunned, gasping for breath, struggled to his feet, clenching his fists. He was a big man, always ready for a fight, never one to back down from a confrontation. Before he could bat an eye, however, the two men had moved again, seemingly blurring in the twilight, and suddenly he looked up, finding himself flat on his back on the pavement.

“G... ggg... gaaawdddamn!” he sputtered, trying to pull air into his lungs. “Wh... what the f... fuck... do you boys... want?”

Not speaking, the black clad man on the left pointed to the trucker’s rig. Angry, the truck driver reached for his knife, a switchblade, and struggled up to his knees. “Like hell,” he growled softly. “The only way you’re getting my damn truck is over my dead body!”

Both men smiled at that, giving the trucker a clear unobstructed view of their long, thin, glistening fangs. The look of complete and utter shock was still frozen on his face a moment later when his dead, bloodless body fell to the ground. They deposited the corpse into the dumpster, where it would be found only days after the fact. The black clad vampires then entered the cab, started the engine, and headed out onto the highway.

They drove exactly thirteen miles, then pulled off the road, parking along the side of an incline to wait. It was nearly dark now, several minutes after seven. The transport caravan carrying Garret Roberts and the files Dr. Simon had created would pass along this route on its way to Washington, D.C. The council had decreed that the transport be stopped, and all passengers be destroyed. The vampire in the passenger seat idly set the primer on the remote-detonated bomb in his hand. Combined with the extremely flammable cargo the truck was hauling, the explosion would annihilate everyone within a hundred feet of the blast.

The vampire in the driver’s seat sighed softly, glancing at his wristwatch. He smiled. The time was quickly drawing near. Adjusting his seat, he leaned back and relaxed. And waited.

((To be concluded...))