The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Story: Kiss of the Vampire

by J. Darksong

Part 2.

A hand reached out and grabbed her, gripping her shoulder from behind, stopping Iliana in her tracks.

“Hold it! I can’t let you do this,” a voice said softly from the shadows.

Iliana whirled, fangs extended, hands curled into claws, ready to attack, when she spotted the woman holding her shoulder. “YOU?!?” she yelled, relaxing slightly, but not dropping her offensive stance. She jerked herself from the girl’s grasp, glaring at her angrily.

“Lauren? What the FUCK are YOU doing here?”

Lauren brushed a strand of her curly golden hair away a face, sighing softly. Her ice blue eyes gazed down at the ground below, unable to meet Iliana’s gaze. She was dressed similar to Iliana, except she had chosen a dark navy blue wool instead of black leather. Her beautiful, angelic face, normally bearing a smile or grin, a face seemingly created for smiling, now carried a frown. Her lips, as deep and luscious a red as Ana’s own, trembled slightly, as if the girl was fighting to suppress the urge to sob.

“I’m sorry, Ana,” she said softly, shaking her head. “I know how you must feel, but you can’t just charge in there—”

“You know how I feel?” Iliana glared at her, incredulously. “Bullshit! You have NO idea whatsoever what I’m feeling right now! This is all your fault! You should be locked up in there, not Garret!”

“Damn you, I know that!” Lauren shouted back, angrily. “I know it! I wish I were the one locked up in there instead of him. I wish I had listened to him in the beginning. I wish... I just wish...” The fire went out of her then, and she seemed to sag inwards.

“To hell with your wishes,” Iliana snarled. “I’m going in there and break Garret out!”

“No, you can’t!” Lauren said, blocking Ana’s path. “You don’t know what’s been happening. Rush in there like a mad bull and you’ll get cut to pieces. You need to know what you’re up against before you make a move.”

Sighing, Iliana relented. “Fine. I’ll listen. Explain what went wrong, and why my Master is locked away in this godforsaken place.”

Lauren nodded, squatting down along the edge of the sidewalk, Iliana sitting down next to her. Taking a deep breath, the blonde beauty began.

“It was three weeks ago... which, doubtless you know from the news. The night before the incident, I had brought Jeremy out with me, to a hunt. It was his first, actually. Before then, I’d always brought someone back home with me for him to feed on, and he’d gotten a pretty good handle on the basics, learning how to drink without draining a person to death, how to pierce the skin subtly, without rending the flesh... you know, the basics.”

Iliana nodded impatiently. “Yes, yes, I know the basics. Get on with it. What happened that night?”

“It was... my fault, I suppose,” Lauren admitted. “I’d taken Jeremy with me, as I’d said, to show him firsthand the proper way of hunting for prey out in the open, in the busy streets, and with my guidance, we’d hunted in tandem, remarkably well, I might add. Well, the following night I was supposed to go to a council meeting, so I told Jeremy to stay inside, and that I’d bring someone back with me afterwards. He’d argued, saying that he’d gotten a taste of hunting, and that he was ready to fly solo. I told him no, that he needed more training, more practice. He sulked, but he promised to stay inside and wait for my return.”

Iliana shook her head. “Let me guess. He changed his mind about staying put.”

Lauren nodded. “That damn little fool... just full of piss and vinegar, ready to try and do everything now, now, now, and not willing to wait for anyone. Sigh. I suppose I can’t really blame him too much, though. I was the same way when I was his age. I was just lucky enough to have a stern Mentor, one who wouldn’t put up with my shit.” She smiled for a moment. “Anyway,” she continued, “I had just returned home from the meeting, clicking on the TV, when I saw the news. The kids had made the mistake of trying to drain his victim outside, in an alleyway, instead of taking the entranced girl inside, away from prying eyes. Someone saw, and raised an alarm. Panicked, the kid charged, tried to fight his way out. The rest, you know from the news footage.

“I was completely stunned,” Lauren said after a long moment. “I mean, one day, he was my pupil, my bright little protege, rowdy, yes, but still a good kid. The next, he’s dead, lying in the county morgue, being studied and analyzed. I knew I should do something, knew that I needed to sneak in and do something to stop their investigation, but... I know, I know, it was my mess, and up to me to clean it up, but I loved that kid, Ana. I couldn’t get over the shock of it all. So when Garret showed up a few days later, offering to take charge, I let him.”

Lauren looked up at the older vampiress entreatingly, for understanding, but she received none. Iliana, filled with worry and dread at for her own problems, had no time or energy to spend on another. “Go on,” she prompted coldly, arms crossed. “Tell me what happened to my Master.”

Sagging a little more, the blonde girl continued her tale. “Garret sent me out to run an errand for him, a little drug run. I got what he needed, then joined him outside the Branford City Police Department. His idea was to slip down to the morgue, using his knowledge as a doctor and his hypnotic talents, to taint the research samples with trace amounts of PCP, switch bodies with another in storage, and alter the examiner’s medical records, to support the idea that Jeremy was simply a boy hopped-up on drugs. I thought the plan was brilliant, but I worried that he might get caught. I told him it was my mess, that I should be the one to sneak in and make the switch, but he insisted.” She shivered slightly, her eyes glinting with a faraway look. “You know how... persuasive... he can be when he wants to,” she added softly.

Iliana stiffened. Any ill feelings she felt towards Lauren increased dramatically, though she knew she was reacting irrationally. Vampires, by their very nature, are voracious, and passionate, creatures, beings of many powerful lusts and hungers. It was not uncommon for vampires to have sex with one another, despite the relationships they may have formed. A chaste vampire was virtually unheard of, and a celibate one, an impossibility. Ana knew that her jealousy was irrational; she herself had barely resisted the urge to descend into passion with her prey twice tonight, the need for speed in ascertaining her Master’s whereabouts being the only deterrent. Had she the time to spare, she would have sated her sexual frustrations on them both and thought nothing of it. Yet, the idea that her Master might have dallied with the lovely blonde vampiress filled her with anger.

Vampires, though free-loving, sensual, sexual creatures, are also extremely territorial.

“He’d made it to the morgue without incident,” Lauren continued, oblivious to Ana’s distress, “and signaled me mentally that everything was going well. He’d hoped to be able to burn Jeremy’s corpse in the incinerator, getting rid of the evidence at once, but the furnace wasn’t in the morgue, and while he could explain his way into the morgue, alone, he knew he couldn’t easily explain him leaving with a dead body. Approaching a window, he lifted the body up and out, handing Jeremy to me, bidding me to get rid of it while he finished covering his tracks. I left with Jeremy, taking him out of sight, and hurried back to the station... but I arrived too late to help him.

“It was the worst luck possible,” she said dismally. “The medical examiner had been completely at a loss by Jeremy’s remains, and had apparently called the state medical examiner with his findings, but he’d been unable to make heads or tails of it either. They decided to consult federal aid, contacting the FBI’s medical research facility. It figured that they would arrive at the station,” she said with a trace of bitter irony, “all ready to transport the body to their facility just as Garret was leaving. I don’t know what happened in the few minutes before I arrived, but Garret was being lead out to an armed transport vehicle, surrounded on all sides by armed guards. I started to rush in, but he warned me away, telepathically, insisting that I not interfere. That was three weeks ago.”

“And he’s been locked up in there all this time?” Iliana exclaimed. “You... you... stupid little bitch! You coward! Why didn’t you break him out of there once you found out where he was being held? Why am I even wasting time with you now, when I could be braking Garret out of that place?” She stood up, turning to leave, when Lauren’s hand grabbed hold of her shoulder once more.

“Damn you, Iliana!” the blonde woman snarled, eyes bright red in her anger. “Don’t you think I would have done so if I could have? Do you think I WANT him in there?” Iliana jerked away from her grasp, but Lauren wouldn’t be turned aside. “Listen, Ana,” she said in a low voice, “I know how angry and scared you are. I know you want to charge in there and free him, but that is the last thing Garret wants! When he was first brought here, I told him I was outside, ready to free him, but he cautioned me, telling me to stay away. The doctor in charge of the facility was a highly intelligent man, who knew exactly what he was dealing with. The interior of the facility is like a fortress, and filled with cameras and hidden alarms. He make me promise to stay away, that he would escape on his own, and to keep you away, when and if you showed up.”

Iliana smirked, despite herself. “Damn him. He knew I would come after him, then.”

Lauren cracked a smile. “He was sure of it. From what he had told me of you, and the little I knew of you myself, I figured he was right, so I kept an eye on this place, keeping a lookout for you.” Her smile faded. “I also hoped that Garret would have made good his promise to escape by now, long before now... but he’s still inside.”

“Yeah,” Ana replied, thinking. Her Master had made clear his wishes: that she remain out of it and leave it in his hands. Yet, she couldn’t sit by and let him suffer whatever ungodly things the scientists and researchers were doing to him. If it were possible to escape on his own, he would have done so before now. He needed help.

“Okay,” Iliana said forcefully. “The building is heavily guarded, and the hallways monitored. A frontal assault would get us nowhere, and sneaking in wouldn’t work with all the high tech security they have. Fine. But those aren’t our only options. The best way to infiltrate this place is by proxy, by subverting the will of someone already on the inside. We take one of the men inside, and we’ll have information on what’s going on, and someone inside the perimeter to help us get past security.”

“Sounds good,” Lauren nodded slowly, “except that first we need to find someone, which means he have to get one of them in there to come out here. Also, my mind talents aren’t very strong. I can hear the thoughts of others fairly well, but I cannot easily force my will on another from afar like Garret.”

“Me neither,” Iliana frowned, “not unless I have direct eye contact with them. Still, I think we can do it, if we combine our talents. What other choice do we have?”

* * *

Deep inside the research facility, Garret Roberts stifled a deep groan of pain, not wanting to give his tormentor the satisfaction of hearing him cry out. Tormentor. That is how he thought of Dr. Benjamin Simon: his tormentor. The dark haired scientist glanced at him from time to time from the safety of his control room window, his face strangely devoid of any human emotion, reminding Garret very much of several undead he knew. Dr. Simon seemed much less human than he, yet he was the one chained in place, stripped naked, lying atop an examination table.

“You have remarkable stamina,” the doctor’s placid voice echoed through the speakers. “By all accounts, it had been close to three weeks since your last known feeding. My studies show that your body is at its threshold, near to the point where your system begins to cannibalize itself.” He tapped a series of keys on his console, moving the mobile high frequency light array slightly, bringing the beam of black light in a sweeping arc across Garret’s left thigh. The skin swelled, turning bright red, then black, as the beam of ultraviolet light swept past, and finally Garret DID cry out, voicing his pain. The faintest hint of a smile fluttered across Dr. Simon’s lips.

“Interesting,” he said, his voice still calm and steady. “That latest mark is not healing nearly as fast as the previous ones. I think we have nearly reached your limit. Another day of testing should be all that is required, I think.”

Garret, struggling for breath, more a reflex than a necessity, turned his gaze up to the window. “You know,” he said in a civil, non-threatening voice, “I’m a doctor by trade. If you wanted to know... about me, about my physiological data... all you had to do was ask.”

“The subject,” Dr. Simon spoke aloud, “seems to be in a very weakened state now. Despite its amazing strength, stamina, and uncharted regeneration potential, it remains listless and demoralized, choosing to attempt trickery and deception to obtain its freedom, where once it ha shouted and raged, struggling fruitlessly against its bonds. Very curious.”

Garret ignored the jibe. “You know, you might consider turning off the microphone when you make your observations about me,” he quipped. “My ears are burning with all your clever little words. If you’re going to treat me like a lab specimen, the least you can do is to talk about me behind my back, instead of in front of my face. Common decency, and all.”

“The subject,” Dr. Simon continued, unaffected, “is highly intelligent. It possessed human level intelligence, as well as form, making it easy for the subject to blend in with normal humanity, despite its true monstrous nature. Contrary to folklore and popular belief, the subject is NOT affected by religious icons, has exhibited no adverse reactions to silver, and only a mild allergic reaction to garlic. Its primary source of food is human blood, which its body metabolizes slowly, giving it its powers. It is, however, extremely vulnerable to ultraviolet rays, found in sunlight. Prolonged exposure results in complete disintegration of cellular tissue.”

Garret growled softly, struggling in vain with his chains. He knew it was no use, that the specially forged steel was beyond his strength when he was at his best. He was far from it now, his body half-starved, wracked with pain, weeping blood from several hundred sores, cuts, and scorch marks from Dr. Simon’s experimentation. Only two things had kept Garret going throughout the ordeal, the knowledge that Iliana was away from this, safe and sound, and out of danger, and the delicious thought of paying Dr. Simon back tenfold the pain and misery he had given him.

Simon was a careful and cautious man, however. It had seemed the right choice to surrender to him and his men, when they’d caught him leaving the morgue, the evidence against Jeremy having been destroyed. He had thought it a simple matter to go with them to their facility, bide his time, then escape, taking with him any research data they’d managed to gather on him in the process, but he had underestimated Dr. Simon’s thoroughness. Thinking himself a modern day Van Helsing, Simon had long studied vampire lore and, anticipating Garret’s plans of escape, had acted accordingly. Garret was kept bound tightly in unbreakable chains, limited in contact with research personnel, denied life-sustaining blood, and kept shielded in the solitary room with electronic controlled probes, and a PA system for communication, to keep him from using his mental powers. Three weeks later, Garret found himself much the worse for wear, no closer to escape, and running dangerously low on energy and stamina.

But hope was not lost. Of the many words that describe a vampire’s nature, tenacious is perhaps the most apt. As Dr. Simon experimented on him, learning all he could of Garret’s physiology, Garret, in turn, learned about the doctor. He was a cold man, devoid of human kindness and compassion, as Garret’s many aches and pains attested to. Dr. Simon was smart, extremely cautious, utterly confident, and supremely self-assured. He approached each new situation carefully, weighing all the pros and cons, considering every angle, but once he felt comfortable in a situation, he strode forth with an arrogance brought about by the knowledge that he was in complete control.

Garret took heart in this, even as he fought to stifle the screams of pain caused by Simon’s relentless probing. As the days turned to weeks, the doctor grew more confident and bold with his new charge, and while he never let himself be alone with Garret for any length of time, and never in the same room, he somewhat relaxed procedure with his research staff. With each brief contact Garret took advantage, snatching thoughts and images from the researchers in passing, planting an idea here or there, seeds that he hoped would sprout and form a bountiful harvest when he made good his escape. His moment was coming; all he had to do was endure, to survive long enough to take action when the opportunity arose.

“Excuse me, Dr. Simon,” a sentry, dressed in the standard green uniform worn by the facility guards, spoke. “We’ve received word from HQ. The transport will arrive tomorrow to take the subject back to—”

“Hold on a moment,” Dr. Simon said, turning back to the window. He depressed a switch, and the microphone went dead, leaving Garret in silence. A smile crossed his slack, bloodless lips, however, as he stared unbidden at the window, focusing his gaze upon the two men talking. Simon, knowing his words were being overheard, had quickly switched off the sound, trying to keep him in the dark. Garret, however, had learned much in his two hundred years of undeath, one such thing being the art of reading lips. He softly mouthed the words as he read them, musing to himself.

They’re transporting me to the main research facility in DC tomorrow... by armored transport. Hmmm. Seems the government big wigs are interested in his research, in getting undeniable proof that vampires exist. I see... Dr. Simon, arrogant little prick that he is, has only given them the most basic and general of information, keeping the meat of his findings to himself... probably planning on making a grand presentation to the joint chiefs in person. Garret smirked, a plan forming in his mind. This will definitely work to my advantage, he thought. Looks like the time has finally come to break out of here.

* * *

A dark figure emerged soundlessly from the shadows, startling both girls. With a gasp, Ana watched as a tall, slender man with jet black hair stepped forward, the pale whiteness of his face contrasted greatly by the vibrant scarlet red of the ascot around his neck. His clothing consisted of an overcoat of solid black, black pants, black leather boots, and a black bowler hat. He carried a small black umbrella under his arm as well, though the skies over Connecticut had been dry for several weeks. He tipped his hat slightly to both women, nodding, then returned it to his head.

“Evening, ladies,” he said, his voice cold and harsh sounding, despite the warm words. “I come bearing a message from the council.”

Lauren and Iliana glanced at one another, frowning. An official messenger meant trouble more times than not.

“The council,” the man continued, “has reached a decision concerning the recent events in this town, concerning the discovery of our kind. The situation had grown dire. We cannot sit back any longer and let proof of our existence be known. Therefore, all such proof must be destroyed. Tomorrow night, the director of this facility plans to transport his subject and his findings by armored transport to its headquarters in Washington, DC. We will attack the convey in route, and destroy it completely, leaving behind no trace of evidence.”

Iliana gasped. “No trace? But what about my Master? What about Garret? How will you make sure he’s safe from your attack?”

The man shook his head. “I said, there will be NO evidence left. Garret Roberts will die alongside the others. There is no rescue plan; this will be a simple direct strike maneuver. We are sorry for your loss, of course, but the situation is too urgent to be concerned with the life of one person—”

“Like hell it is!” Iliana shot back angrily. “I don’t give a damn about your plans, or about how serious this situation is! Garret is the only thing I care about! I’m not going to let you people write him off without lifting a finger to save him!”

“Garret risked everything to clean up this mess!” Lauren added vehemently. “While you stupid bunch of assholes were sitting by, discussing the issue, he stepped in and did something! If not for him, the government might already have the evidence it needs to prove we exist! Where do you get off abandoning him now, leaving him to die, when—”

“ENOUGH!” the man growled, silencing both women with a gesture. Wide-eyed, they stood, immobile, unable to move a muscle, unable to utter a word. He held them both with his power, while he settled himself. “Your anger is misplaced, ladies,” he said after a moment. “I am but a messenger, delivering the words handed down to me from the Grand Council. Personally, I feel as you do, that Garret Roberts acted bravely, and selflessly, doing what the council should have done when news of the incident first reached us. However, as I said, the council has decided. My wishes... and yours, mean nothing at this point. I am here only to caution you not to interfere, and not to attempt to rescue him yourself. The attack will go on as planned, regardless of any innocent vampires caught in the crossfire.”

He gestured again, and Lauren and Iliana were able to move. Doffing his hat, the man in black turned away. “Once again, ladies, I am sorry. Would that your friend could somehow escape unharmed from this situation... but I fear at this point that it is not possible.” He sighed softly, the first indication other than his cold emotionless words, that he indeed felt something. Moving soundlessly, he slipped back into the dark shadows from whence he had appeared, and vanished.

“Well, that’s that,” Lauren said, defeated. “The council has spoken. So... what do we do now?”

Iliana thought feverishly. A desperate idea came to mind. “Come back with me to my hotel room. It’s nearly dawn, and we need to take shelter from the rising sun. There’s someone there that I want you to meet, someone who might be of some use to us tomorrow night.”

“Then, we’re going to try and free Garret after all?”

Iliana shook her head. “No, we’re not going to try, Lauren. We’re damn well going to do it.”

((To be continued...))