The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

James Windsaber Chronicles

Chapter — 2 The Three Kings

(Part 1 — Historie)

Alexis Granger tapped her feet absentmindedly as she re-read the report she had prepared. Just looking at it caused her temper to rise. She stood up from her chair and started to pace the room. After her meeting with JD though she was now feeling her emotions again they were sporadic and unstable—like mood swings, yet lately, all she felt was irritation and rage. JD had given her a truly cruel task. As she paced around the room, her anger bubbling inside her like magma. JD had asked her to help Amanda …..to help her parents’ killers, true that it was part of his plan to bring them down and as per his calculation she was almost instantly taken in as Amanda’s special advisor.However, it was still difficult for her to restrain herself when she faced that bitch when her heart’s desire was to chock the life out of the devil.

In the past two days, her life had turned upside down, literally. When she had arrived one week ago to her hometown she knew she had no living relatives, friends or family, her parents died in this very town when she was small in what she was later told was a robbery gone bad.

However, everything changed when 2 Days ago on a whim she had entered the Reality. There she had met Jeffrey Danzig, a friend of her parents. He was the one who had told her the truth about her parent’s death—they did not die in a robbery as she had come to believe—they had been murdered in cold blood by the same people they had worked for—the people who owned ‘The Reality’. Felipe and Charlotte Granger had died fighting the company—sacrificing their lives to save hers.

Alexis sighed and stopped to look into a full sized mirror that decorated her wall. Her head hurt from time to time, her brain slowly calibrating to the emotion causing hormones being secreted after almost two decades of absence. Despite the, hurt the memories flooded in.

Even after being fired from the company Felipe Granger had never given up working on the neural interface, tinkering and improving the machine. That day she and her friend James were testing a new and improved neural interface he had developed. They were just logging in when out of the blue their house came under attack. In its early stages, neural interface took much time to boot the player into the game. Trying to save them, Felipe had acted as distractions for the assassins to buy time for the lab to seal itself. He had succeeded.She and James had been spared. In their spite, the assassins had destroyed everything else including the energy supply of the lab.

The result was something no one could have predicted—when the system had crashed a huge backlash of data was injected directly into her brain. Normally this would have been enough to fry her neurones causing instant death—but at that moment a miracle happened, because of her father’s tinkering of the machine and by sheer luck instead of frying her brain, the interface remapped her neurones synchronising her brain patterns to match that of the game. She fell into a coma and awoke 15 years later.

She paused again in front of the mirror—staring at her image, noting the changes it had undergone in this time. She had grown, both in height and in curves. Her freckles were gone, so were her braces.

Sighing she resumed her pacing, feeling more and more restless.

As if by a twist of fate this very same accident bestowed upon her gifts which ensured her survival. Her brain capacities were boosted to superhuman levels, and due to the mind meld, she had with the game. When she entered ‘The Reality’ she did not simply become a character—she became a part of the game itself giving her the powers of a god in the virtual world—whatever she could imagine became the truth and the law.

Despite herself, she gave a sad smile, theses abilities which a normal player would have given anything to achieve, became a curse for her—constantly reminding her of what she had lost in return. Her ability to feel emotions was all but gone, thankfully saving her mind from going insane from the sorrow alone. However, what had happened to her was a boon compared to what had befallen her friend James. When she had awakened after 15 years she was told that she had been the sole survivor, it was only two days ago when she met JD that he told him about another survivor—James. When the attacks had started James had already entered the game, the sudden disruption in the machine had severed his mind from his body trapping it in the cyberspace.

Thinking about James brought about a very different effect on her. It calmed her down, her anger subsiding, replaced by sadness. ‘ Why?’ she thought to herself’ Why do you still affect me so, James?’

Alexis had known James from as long as she could remember. They were almost the same age. Their parents were not only colleagues but also very good friends. They lived in the same block, went to the same school and were even in the same class. They could not have been more different from each other. Alexis was far from the beauty she was today. As a kid, she was the epitome of a nerdy girl. Her greatest ambition had been to be with the popular and cool kids of her class, but all she got was to be stuck with the nerd gang much to her chagrin. James, on the other hand, was extremely good looking—the most handsome boy in their class, he had a natural charm to him that would attract everyone to him. He had prodigious talents in the science subjects—programming and mathematics being his speciality but he was far from being labelled a nerd, though thin he commanded much strength and was one of the best soccer players in their school. However, despite having so many talents, James never strived to be in the popular kid’s group. He liked to be left alone, lost in his own world.

Alexis quickened her pace, feeling more restless than ever, as she remembered more of him.

James’s best ability was perhaps his smile and his cheerful nature that could make anyone laugh no matter how sad the person was. He had always tried to make her smile, was always there for her when she needed him.

The fond memories calmed her down bringing her pacing to a halt, a smile caressing her lips ‘James, the idiot.’ She said softly to herself,’ The Joker.’

She retook her seat on the chair, sighing. Now that she thinks back—on that day she was going to enter the game first. It was she who should have been trapped in the game. However, James had insisted on going first. It was as if fate itself had chosen James to be her protector.

After Uncle Jeffrey had told her James was still alive, she had gone to the place where he had hidden his body. JD had a friend Jack, from when he was a student at MIT who was researching on cryogenics. When JD had found James’s unconscious body, he discovered the body would die if kept alone as it was severed from the mind. Desperate and alone he approached Jack for help. Together they preserved James’s body with cryogenics and hid it in a cave near the sea powering the facility with electricity generated from the sea itself—a self-sustained system. Alexis had found the facility and James’s body with it—though the body itself was healthy the muscles had all seized up, and the body looked pale and weak—a shell of its former self.

‘ Dammit’ cursed Alexis, surprised to find tears streaming down her face.’ James had always protected me as his most revered High Priestess, yet I have always pushed him away.’ She clenched her fists ‘ But even if he Is a fool this time will not be like the last—this time he will be the strongest card of my deck.’

She jumped up from the chair she was lounging on—she had to see James. HAD to make it up to him, even if it was the last thing she did. Taking a glance at the report, she had made for JD she stopped for a moment. Then ‘ Fuck it I will give him the report in person. Then I will pay my only friend a visit.‘

She almost ran to the helmet interface, jammed it on her head and logged in.

* * *

James appeared on a rock near the entrance of his home—the crystal cave. Letting the teleportation crystal fall from his limp hand he collapsed on the ground his whole body aching and bleeding. He HAD won the battle but every bone in his body seemed to have been broken, yet that was not what was concerning him at the moment.

The awakening ability was very strong—one of the aces in James’s arsenal, but it came with a drawback—it borrowed heavily the powers of the dragon that slept within him and when used, raised the dragon, and that meant he had to satisfy its needs. The dragon though very intelligent in his own right was a creature of instincts—hunt, eat, fight, mate and sleep. Now was a time when he wanted pleasure—pure, raw and carnal. Long back it had forced James to attack and literally rape women, giving completely to its instincts—leaving the boy shattered with guilt after the lust subsided. However, now James had learnt his lessons, He started training to control the dragon, and God did he train! As a result, here they were, secluded from women, battling the beast within.

‘ Why do you fight me so?’ said a cold voice stirring inside James, as he tried to heal his wounds with Zen. Zen was a magical healing ability—one of the best in the game, but only used by dragons and some secret classes. However, given his damaged state, even his magic was faltering. James started sweating profusely; He knew if he lost consciousness, given his wounds he will die.

‘Let me lose’ said the Dragon again ‘ I can heal you, you know.’ ‘ Yeah ‘ said James finally, panting from exhaustion from trying to maintain the healing spell’ Sure! You are SO worried about me’.

‘Don’t say it like that ‘ said the cold voice—the dragon ‘ What I ask in return is only fair repayment.’

‘ You almost KILLED the last girl!!’ yelled James and winced in pain. The dragon gave an evil smirk’ What can I do if she is that weak? I can only advice you to find a better mate this time. How about the nymph girl? She IS hot—even you think so, or her sister? Or the yakuza boy’s mate? Eh?’

‘ They are my FRIENDS’ James countered angrily—despite his pain ‘ leave them ALONE!’ ‘ Ah friendship’ said the dragon, giving a mirthless evil laugh ‘ but isn’t the forbidden even more……. pleasurable?’

‘Shut up, shut up, SHUT UUUUP’ yelled James ‘ Do you….’ But he could not complete, a whiff of scent had appeared—a scent that tingled his senses, caressed his memories, a scent he had not smelled for more than a decade.Even the dragon had taken notice it had gone quite—as if a lion crouching before leaping on its prey, and at that moment the healing spell fizzled out. As his vision turned bleak, he saw a figure coming towards him from the cave. His eyes gained focus for a moment staring at the beautiful face of a girl he seemed to know a long time back.’ Alexis? Is that you ?’ James could mumble, his numb brain barely registering anything other than the fact the dragon was raising fast—faster than ever before. ‘No, Run Ale…’ he could manage before losing control as the dragon got hold, the lust overlapped everything else.’ Tepoha somati mrith ve sia silit’ was the last words he spoke before fading into oblivion.

Alexis’s eyes glazed out as the command took hold. She looked down at James, no her master. Her whole body was suddenly alive with a wildfire of lust, She wanted nothing more but to mate with her master, to please him but despite the lust her brain registered one more thing—her master would die if left here, with the wounds he got, let alone do something as stressful as sex. She turned, conjuring a stretcher out of thin air and hovered master’s body on it,she then glided him to his cave.

* * *

James’s eyes flew open—his body was covered in bandages, the pain in his body had receded. He looked around—he was in his home lying on his bed when he remembered passing out outside the cave. Suddenly everything came back to him ‘ Shit, a woman was here.’ He thought ‘ and the dragon … SHIT….’ ‘ Master ! you have awakened’ James almost jumped—he was used to being on his own in this cave. ‘ Alexis is that you?’ he managed to say staring at the extremely beautiful woman in front of him and feeling his dragonic lust returning.’ Yes, master, it is me .’ she said smiling ‘ It has been so long’.

‘ Wow ‘ said James, ‘ you look so different. You have grown quite……wait a second…Master?’ Alexis merely stood there. ‘ Shit ‘ I fired the frequency at you….no the dragon did ‘ said James cursing’ Shit … I come here to avoid meeting women in that state.. I never expected you to be here.’ ‘ Your slave is sorry master.’ Said Alexis looking meek ’ Wait.’ Said James’ trying to hide his erection he had got from watching Alexis in such a vulnerable state.’ Stop calling me master. We are friends.You are not my slave’.He looked around—trying to find something, anything that might come in handy, he found nothing. Finally he decided he would try another way, he focused channelling the power of the frequency again—‘qe duuloa de rihlilg’. Alexis’s eyes glazed over again, and she swayed in her place.’ Hey, are you ok? ‘ said James ‘ Talk to me’ .‘ Master what was that?’ she asked blinking rapidly. ‘ Wait what’s going on ?’ said James puzzled ‘That should have freed you. why is it not working?’ Then suddenly it hit him. Uncle JD had warned him against this—Alexis was much more vulnerable to the frequency—even more than normal humans, so the effect it had on her was much more, making the changes almost permanent and on top of that he had pulsed her in his dragon mode making the potency even greater. He frowned trying to think of a way to repair the damage. However, almost at the same time, the original command he had given her took effect. Alexis moved on him pushing him down and with a whiff made her own armour disappear. James too shocked to counter found himself being smothered by a very sexy, very nude form of his childhood crush. The lust he had been suppressing burst forth.

At that moment the dragon rose again—its mind pushed James back and took control. With a rapid sweep he pushed down Alexis—unceremoniously spread her legs apart and savagely entered her. Alexis let out a yelp, more of surprise than pain, but the dragon in James’s body rammed into her and growled with pleasure. Inside James winced—he did not like this—not at all , how the dragon raged and ravaged the girls. With his use of the dragonspeech, the dragon had a way with women— they liked it—liked being tormented ,ravaged, being used for the dragon’s pleasure—they even wanted it to happen. He, James could never approve of this, but apparently, the dragon knew what it had to do and did not need his cooperation.

YESS YESS YESS! AAAHHH MASTER! MY DRAGON LORD! YESS! TAKE ME! TAKE ME! FUCK ME! GAAAWWWHHDD YESSS! PLEASE! MASTERRRR!! DON’T STOP! NEVER STOP! NEVER STAAAHHHPP! AAAAHHHH! Alexis screamed , as she felt her body be ripped by the pleasure surging through it. Her cries sent him over the edge and as he came , with a loud growl, she too reached her climax—oragasms tearing through her body and finally both spent drifted off to sleep.

* * *

‘5 dragons?’ ‘Yes 5. Anaihil of the wind, Ignitis of fire, Mettalis of metal, Raiga of Thunder & Lightning and lastly Basila the poison dragoness .They were the ones who raised me.’ Alexis snuggled closer to James’ Tell me from the beginning.’ She said her voice husky from the arousal she was feeling, their previous fucking had taken the edge off of her, but she was far from fully satisfied. Either way, she was in control of herself enough to tell him her story and now it was his turn.

‘After we were attacked at the lab and the connection broke, I had lost consciousness.’ Continued James ‘ It took a while to get my mind back but when it did return I found that my body was not there. I was like an apparition with a sense of self and memories but without physical existence—a ghostly apparition. My memories would scatter—with no bond to hold the data together and I wouldn’t know where I was or who I was. I could not see, hear or touch anything but only felt their presence. It was like an endless nightmare.’ Alexis looked on sadly at her lover—he had endured the unthinkable. ‘Its Ok’ said James, noticing her reaction and smiled , caressing her face’ That chapter is over, gone, closed. Now I am free from that nightmare—but I was getting to the interesting parts. You see in those times I would move around collecting my scattered memories forcing my will to hold them together. It was almost like holding sand—If you hold tightly they will slip through the fingers, If you hold loosely they will blow away. But somehow I held onto what I could and after days of practice could hold enough to retain my sense of self and I found something interesting. Though my memories were unstable at best—very eager to scatter the ones that I retained were in perfect condition—I could remember almost anything I had ever read or seen. I learnt, remembered and practised and in no time my skills developed enough for me to connect my server remotely with the game servers of the Reality. I collected as much free data from the simulator and all my scattered memories and hacked myself into the game.’

He paused to regain his breath gently brushing aside a lock of hair falling over Alexis’s eye. ‘ I spawned in the heart of Hinterlands and this time the encoder made a body for me from the free data I carried. However, it was exactly like when I got stuck—a boy wearing school uniform, no armour , no magic and exhausted as hell.’ Seeing the shocked look on her face he continued ‘and yes as you have guessed I came under attack. Ice drakes, Yetis and what not. By sheer luck Uncle Jeffrey had found out what I had done and sent the dragons to save my ass. They came, saved me and took me to the mountains where they brought me up and taught me fighting. I became an expert of non magic warefare—I could make alchemic potions , crystals among other things and I knew how to use them. I learnt the medicinal properties of various plants and rocks and where to find them.’

James paused , taking a sip of water from a crystal glass by his bedside, then continued,And then 1 fine day I got wounded—mortally, lost a ton of blood and to my and uncle Jeffrey’s horror we found that my death in the game will also kill my real body outside, as my mind could not go back to my body. Anaihil Windsaber the wind dragon unsealed a power within him and bestowed it to me—a special class called ‘Dragon sage’—his blood fused with mine and I became a ‘were—dragon‘ maybe the first and only of its kind. By using the abilities of the dragon I healed myself and with it gained the ability to do wind magic like Anaihil. Though I found out that I could not do magic of any other types the rest of the 4 Dragon’s continued their trainings giving me unnatural high immunities to their respective elements.’ ‘ So what happened to the dragons?’ asked Alexis’ where did they go?’ ‘Hmm I was coming to that . After I became older they left me and went back where they were born—Dragoonis island. I have been looking for it ever since without success‘. ‘ Does Master want his slave to find it?’ asked Alexis sultrily, writing in a seductive way, and enjoying the effect she was having on James-who became red as a beet. ‘ Oh my! You surely did a number on me ‘ said Alexis, now normally and they both broke into laughter.’ Well you cannot find Dragoonis island’ said James grinning’.

‘What?’

‘Yup . .Legend says It’s an island that cannot be found except by those who already know where it is.’

‘Ah I have enough for now’ said Alexis briskly and she snuggled nearer to James, only to suddenly say’ Can you smell something flowery?’ at the exact same moment James moved like lightning, his hand grasped the air, catching a small crossbow bolt. Alexis jumped up—her super strength hurling James across the room. James landed on the balls of his feet and he and Alexis almost simultaneously activated their gears, prepared for battle. A hooded figure had appeared at the mouth of the cave ‘Sloppy Mr.Windsaber’ she said an oddly melodious voice’ If I had aimed to kill you would have been dead.’ .’ Don’t kid yourself’ countered James’ holding up the bolt and noticing it having the telltale blue non-fatal configuration. The figure lowered her hood revealing an enchantingly beautiful face. ‘Cerci?’ said James smiling but surprised, as she removed her long travelling cloak. She was tall and lithe but had a curvy yet toned figure. Her skin was tanned, and she was wearing a tiger skinned bikini. Unique was her hair, though it was black in colour there was a tinge of green glow to it as if green light was being reflected on it and she was floating towards them instead of walking.

Turning to Alexis James said’ This is Cerci—the queen of the wood nymphs. Circe this is..’ but Circe had already moved towards Alexis holding out her hand and smiling ‘ You must be Alexis. I have heard a lot about you. But I will be right back with ya’ She turned to James , hands on her hips’ So MR.WINDSABER, do you know why I came to visit? Because I heard a rumour ,a most preposterous rumour.’ ‘ What exactly did ……..’ asked James, starting to sweat bullets. ‘I know that you are a complete IDIOT, James,’ she said cutting him out’ but even I had difficulty to believe that you are SUCH a great IDIOT. How many creatures in the Hinterlands are allied to you,eh? ‘ she started counting off on her hand ‘ Me and a not so weak army of wood nymphs, The trolls, three bloodlines of vampires, I am sure your friend Torao…’ ‘ sworn brother’ squeaked James, ‘yes he and his line of werewolves’ said the girl, eyes flashing,’ total of 10,000 at least?10,000 magical creatures are ready to fight for you in any battle you desire and what do you do? You go ahead and challenge a guild master! A FUCKING GUILDMASTER!!!’ she turned to Alexis ‘ And not just any guildmaster, the master of El Dorado the largest Fucking guild in the game…. Fully knowing that he will die if killed in the game—he goes ahead and gets almost killed.’ Alexis turned to James’ so that’s why you were so beaten yesterday ?’ She faced Cerci ’ When I found him yesterday he was literally at death’s door.’ Both the girls rounded up on James ‘what were you thinking? ‘Alexis growled ‘ He was not thinking anything’ countered Cerci ‘ May I ask Mr.Windsaber , why this sudden suicidal mission? You could have asked us, your friends, if you wanted to die. Roxi would have gladly obliged. Even I would have helped. ’ ‘B..but I had no choice ‘ stammered James’ he was killing off ice drakes’ ‘ Still no reason not to call us’ said Cerci still furious.’ There is something else too.’ Said James , finally sighing turning to Alexis. He really did not want to tell her this, but now had no choice ‘ The guildmaster Ray is an owner of the reality, Alexis. His father was the one who killed our parents.’ There was a shocked silence , then suddenly Alexis turned to the cave opening’ I am going ‘ she said’ I will find him and I will kill him’. Cerci followed’ I will help’ she said .’ Do whatever you wish ‘ said Alexis , her voice was calm but murderous’ just don’t get in my way.’ ‘Hey ‘James called out, seeing his fear come to fruition,‘ stop.’ They continued ignoring him, James tried to follow but stumbled—his wounds ached. They were almost at the cave opening .’ STOP!!’ James yelled, angry for the first time—his dragon powers flowing out freezing the 2 girls in their tracks’ COME BACK! NOW!’ they turned in unison and walked back.’ What the hell!!’ shouted Alexis’ They killed my parents James. You have no right to deny me vengeance’. ‘ Listen to me’ said James. ‘ THEY KILLED MY PARENTS!!’ shouted Alexis tears filling her eyes. James looked hurt, more by her sadness than her words, but he did not relent’ I am sorry Al, I truly am but I cannot let you go this time’ he said softly’ Listen to me at least. I am sure you can kill him—quite easily even, but what will you achieve ?’ Alexis started opening her mouth but he held up a hand’ You kill him all right but then what? He will return tomorrow with a new avatar—losing nothing . But he will know you AL and he is an owner ‘ he will use all his resources to find you , track you down and then he will kill you. And I cannot lose you again.’ He finished quietly.’ But what about you ?’ said Cerci’ If this guy is so dangerous….’. ’ My mind is being uploaded from an independent server—he won’t be able to track my body ‘ said James’ but he can track yours and let me assure you he will kill you and your family .’The girls started at him for a moment—then sat down in defeat ‘ I hate it when you are correct ‘ mumbled Alexis . ‘ Leave him to me to deal with, Please.’ Said James. Alexis turned away from him—towards Cerci .’ Who are you exactly?’

‘ Oh how rude of me’ said Cerci, bowing’ Samantha Von Groot at your service, madam.’

‘Von Groot? Of the Von Groot sisters?’ asked Alexis, Cerci smiled nodding. Alexi’s mouth fell open, she turned to James’ You know the Groot sisters?’ ‘ Yeah ‘ said James tiredly ‘ what about them?’ Alexis looked scandalous ‘ the Groot sisters Samantha and Roxanne are 2 of the world’s leading models, not only are they extremely successful in their modelling and acting careers they are daughters of an oil baron to boot. They are the complete package, how can you not know them?’ ‘ Know us? ‘ said Samantha smiling’ he is our master , we his devoted slaves. ‘ she grinned at Alexis, enjoying her shock’ he used the frequency on us couple of months ago.’ Alexi’s mouth hung open, her anger receding in face of her shock ‘ And still, he does not know you?’ ‘ Well that’s probably our fault’ said Samantha clarifying ‘ you see we can’t complain about our celebrity lives , but we started playing the game itself to find some peace and quiet—away from the paparazzi and fame. When you are a celebrity, people flock to you and after some time you lose track of who your actual friends are. When we found out James had no idea about us yet he helped us ,we knew his friendship was honest, and we wanted to keep it that way.’’ And they are my friends , that’s the most I need to know about them ‘ said James in the same tired voice—making his robes shrink into a t-shirt and shorts and yawned widely. Alexis sighed ‘ Can I have your autograph?’ Sure ‘ smiled Samantha’ and Roxi’s too, she will be dropping by later. To protect this Idiot ’ She glanced at James who fell back on his bed, ready for a nap.‘And please feel free to call me Sam.’

She turned to James finally ‘ I wanted to ask you something James, I heard you used something like dark magic yesterday, caused a lot of damage with it , the whole place was destroyed, to be honest.’

‘It’s not dark magic ‘ said James, yawning widely again ’ It’s purgatory’s wind—my awakening attack.’ ‘ What’s awakening?’ said Samantha and Alexis in unison. James gathered his thoughts for a whole moment and turned on his sides to face them . ‘You see all humans are different from each other—even identical twins often have completely different personalities ‘so true ‘muttered Samantha ’ so in effect, the soul or core of 2 humans are never the same.Same happens for our game avatars as we are different our Avatars are never the same not even twin’s Avatars. Awakening is an attack—the physical manifestation of the Avatar’s core—unique to each avatar and in effect person.’ ‘ So how did you get that? ‘ Samantha asked.’ You remember my battle with Urukai?’ Samantha nodded. ‘It activated then, but I guess the activation trigger is different for each person.’ said James ,closing his eyes and within moments falling asleep. Alexis interjected ‘ what happened ? Who is Urukai?’ ‘ The great favour James did to my sister and me ‘ said Samantha ‘ that lead to him being our master.’ ‘ Tell me about it’ said Alexis eagerly.

Samantha started ‘ A long time ago in a ….ahem sorry that’s star wars…Ok …Couple of months ago in a forest far far away……….’

* * *

Couple of months ago in a forest far far away

James looked around.The hillock he was standing on overlooked the rugged plains ruled by the trolls and a lush green and deep forest—the object of his quest. Some days ago when he was passing through these parts he had heard a song—the most beautiful and ethereal song he had ever heard. Today he had come back to investigate. As he approached the forest, a girl emerged from it. She had a lithe but toned figure, a beautiful heart shaped face, long auburn hair tied back in a ponytail and a bow and a quiver of arrows slung on her shoulder. James froze preparing to defend himself when she put up her arms—I mean no harm. ‘ My name is Daphne the wood nymph’ she said in a melodious voice ‘ And I come on behalf of my Queen to welcome you , O honoured adventurer. Would you be so kind to tell me your name?’ James was a little taken aback by this welcome. He was expecting the forest to be completely empty save for some dangerous creatures and maybe the source of that heavenly music—but still he was glad. ‘My name is James . James Windsaber—son of Anaihil Windsaber.’

She stopped suddenly and James looking at her saw a most weird expression on her face—A mixture of fear , hope and anxiety . But it was momentary and when she resumed talking it was her cheerful voice again ‘ We don’t get many visitors here O Windsaber—My queen will be so pleased by your company. But will you tell what brings you to these parts?’ ‘ Well’ said James a little worried about the shadow of anxiety he just saw on Daphne’s face but told her the reason of his coming.‘ Really?’ said Daphne , her face beaming ‘ It must have been us the wood nymphs singing. But I think you must have heard our queen herself .’ They walked together towards the forest depths and Daphne continued ‘ Oh are you truly the son of a dragon?’ James smiled ‘Something like that’. Daphne continued looking pleasantly surprised ‘Why , your adventures are famous among us those who live in the Hinterlands—How you ceased the warring among the trolls , how you brought peace to the Strato Giant tribes.’ They had reached a place among the forest where the trees were so thick it was like a green wall made by the branches. Daphne took a few steps and began to hum beautiful tune. At once the branches split—revealing the most enticing sight James had ever seen. A path had been made among the trees which were lined by small shrubs and bushes bearing the most sweet smelling of flowers. Two long line of trees ran along the path their branches bending to form a lush green canopy overhead—making it look like a tunnel made of trees. Ethereal green lights danced among the trees illuminating the whole tunnel giving the atmosphere a mystic beauty.

As they walked the beautiful path James felt he would never want to leave this beautiful place—they reached a clearing among the trees. In the clearing there sat what seemed to be hundreds of beautiful women—Everyone having similar clothes made of leaves or animal skins and had the facial features similar to those of the elves and among them in a high throne sat the most beautiful of them all whose sheer presence seemed to take James’s breath away. She was a tall figure—lithe yet toned like that of a ballerina. Her attire was a tiger skinned bikini adorned with ornamental leaves, and her hair glowed with a heavenly green hue. As he stood speechless, she stood and said in the most beautiful voice he had ever heard ‘ Welcome O son of the dragon . My name is Cerci—The queen of the wood nymphs—please accept my most heartfelt greetings.’

They sat there Circe and he drinking wines made from flowers as James told the stories of his exploits—the wood nymphs his eager audience. As time rolled by the sky turned a crimson hue then finally night descended. Cerci invited James to a feast in his honour, tables were prepared and the mood was jolly. Suddenly there was a huge crash and a loud thud. Three hooded figures had appeared in the clearing upturning a table laden with food. As they strode into the light and James noted that they had large muscular bodies though small heads in comparison. The stockiest of them all removed his hood revealing an ugly mutated face with blood red eyes. When he opened his mouth to speak he revealed two very long very thin canines. ‘Hmm, a vampire? here?’ thought James—taking a step back into the shadows and watched the proceedings. ‘ We have come for the Ghost stones’ the vampire said in a deep growl and looking around at the gathering. He continued’ Seeing that you are having so much fun I think we will join too.’ ‘You are early ‘ growled Daphne who was nearest to them ‘We can get the stones only on full moon nights. And even for those we have already lost many comrades.’

The vampire turned slowly towards her his eyes lit with malice’ You losing comrades is none of our business. As for the stones you are in no position for negotiations—we still have her with us you know. For your impudence we will be taking more of these harlots’ he gestured towards the nymphs who visibly cringed ‘ Our Lord is craving for fresh blood’. Three things happened almost at the same time—Daphne growled and reached for her bow which was kept by her side, ‘No Daphne’ shrieked Cerci and the vampire pounced on the turned Daphne pinning her to the ground with his bulk. ‘ I will have you myself’ he growled pushing Daphne’s face into the dirt as his companions, all ugly and foul, chuckled darkly ‘ I will make you…..’ WHAM.

He flew through the air his head turned at a nasty angle his neck clearly broken and dissipated showing the telltale skull sign. James landed gracefully on his feet beside Daphne holding her a hand. Even before she responded the vampires moved but James intercepted them midway from the fallen girl. Extending his palm towards them he simply chanted ‘Cicatrix Caeli’. The vampire nearest was torn to shreds from the compressed air blast as his companion lost a limb and part of his torso. Wounded and outgunned he turned and ran. James flickered over to the fleeing vampire and with a swift movement threw him into a tree ‘ Run …Run to your master’ he growled as the wounded vampire disappeared into the night.

The nymphs looked shocked but relieved as he came back into their midst ‘That was some fight you gave them ‘ said Cerci smiling weakly, as James approached, but he did not smile back .’ What was that about?’ he asked her. She gave a long sigh’ I am truly sorry for dragging you into all this—but I could not have guessed that they …..’ ‘ I guessed’ said Daphne cutting in ,messaging her left cheek where she was struck by the vampire ‘ That was one of the reasons I brought Windsaber here. ‘ Both James and Cerci turned to her ‘ How could you?’ shrieked Cerci ‘ James is our honoured guest , how could you involve him into our problems?’ ‘ Give me a break! ‘ Daphne shot back glowering ’ We on our own can never defeat them and you know it. Think about yourself for a moment here, think about your sister.’ Cerci was speechless from shock , then turned quickly to James’ I am truly and eternally sorry for this ‘ she said in a quiet voice.’ What is this all about ?’ said James ‘ Let me tell you ‘ said Daphne ‘ Me , Cerci no Samantha and her sister Roxanne are the only human nymph players in this forest we call home. Cerci became the queen of nymphs and Roxanne or Cassandra became the best fighter. Everything was going good when suddenly we came under attack by a very powerful vampire called Urukai.’ James frowned—he had heard the name—saw the marking tattoo on those three vampires, but he simply nodded. ‘His forces overpowered us in one night and he took Roxanne as his bride, turning her into a vampire. This gave him some type of mind control power on her.’

Cerci took over ‘ The situation worsened when Roxanne started showing vampire-like behaviour in the real world, her lifestyle became rash and she herself became nocturnal. She was ruining her life and health and one day she announced Urukai’s player—some punk is to be coming to our mansion and going to stay with us. I was scared of him and what he was doing to Roxanne but I was helpless. No matter what I did I could not break Urukai’s control over Roxanne. He is now using her as a hostage forcing us into procuring a type of crystal called the Ghost stone from the black forest where we lost many comrades to the dark creatures that live there.’ She said, her voice cracking with sobs. ’Daphne only got you involved in this because we on our own can never defeat Urukai and get back my sister.’

‘Yes ‘ continued Daphne ‘I apologise for getting you into this without your knowledge or consent, but I had no other choice.Please help us in beating Urukai. I will pay you back in any way you want ‘ she added with a deep blush not looking James in the eye. ‘Hmm’ James said, thinking deeply ’ I have heard of the ghost stone—it can increase the power of any and all dark things in the game and it can ….. ‘ He turned to Cerci ‘ Go and gather your best fighters. We start as soon as possible.’ Cerci and Daphne both stared at James . ‘ You will help us?’ asked Cerci her voice breaking as if not believing her ears.’ Of course’ James said smiling assuringly ‘We are friends right? It’s what friends do.’ ‘But we don’t know where Urukai’s base is ‘Cerci blurted out ‘ He and his followers always teleported out.’ ‘Luckily for you I marked that minion before sending him off.’ Said James his face very sombre ‘ I will tell you everything later , now hurry up and go. A vampire collecting ghost stone no…. stones….that is bad …very bad.’ He turned to Daphne ‘ and I am doing this for the sake of our friendship.’ Then he grinned mischievously ‘ But I won’t say no if you asked me out on a date later.’ Daphne blushed and grinned and then hurried off to help Cerci.

* * *

Kyle or Willowfang as he was called was standing in formation with 20 wolves handpicked by Hollowclaw himself. He knew they were the finest in the pack—but somehow, somewhere in his mind he felt at unease—as if they lacked something. He shook his head to clear it ‘ Damn this is getting on my nerves’ he thought.

Hollowclaw had given them only one instruction ‘ Not to engage the enemy until he says so’. They were just about to start when a voice called’ Hollowclaw!’ Reinhart was bounding towards them ‘ I will come with you ‘ he said. Kyle could not help but frown , Reinhert was truly a great warrior no doubt, but he was arrogant and rash , bad at following orders and teamwork. It would be troublesome if he came in this particular hunt.

Hollowclaw stared at Reinhert for a whole moment before nodding.’ But you have to do whatever I say. Go and join the lead , Willowfang , you join me in the rear. Everyone take the hawk formation ’ ‘Whatever ‘ Reinhert mumbled and joined the ranks of the others. And with Hollowclaw’s signal they charged. As they ran Kyle came in level with Hollowclaw ‘ What was that for?’ he asked ‘ why did you allow Reinhert to come. He never gives you respect and treated Moonclaw like shit. Why does he want to come in this mission anyway?’ ‘ Oh you don’t know then’ said Hollowclaw smiling’ Reinhert is and always will be Moonclaw’s elder brother.’ ‘ WHAT??’ Kyle was so shocked he almost crashed into a tree.’ You are surely kidding me. Reinhert hated no loathed Moonclaw.’ ‘ I am not kidding’ said Hollowclaw also slowing down for Kyle to catch up’ they were born in the elite Wolfsbane family—the sons of the pack alpha . Their father was the leader of this pack before me ‘. ‘ So he should have been the beta after all’ Kyle said softly. ‘No’ said Hollowclaw smiling’ Just having Royal blood does not make you the leader. How do you think I became the alpha ? It is more what you do than what you are born with. You asked why I brought along Reinhert? Well he may not have agreed with Moonclaw’s ideals and hated him on the surface but deep down he loved his brother and I did not want to deprive him the chance to avenge his brother’.

* * *

A small group of 50 Nymphs were marching along the dark rocky road lead by James , Cerci and Daphne. ‘ Rankheid what?’ asked Cerci. ‘ Rankheid’s Keep’ said James pointing at a dark castle at a distance ‘ That’s Urukai’s fortress’ . ‘ Are you sure about the ghost stones?’ asked Daphne incredulous ‘ His intentions I mean’ . ‘Yes I am positive’ said James ‘ Ghost stones normally are used to grant great powers to ghost and dark type creatures like vampires but in that case only one stone is enough. He is positively doing the Dark Phoenix Ritual.’ Cerci looked at him as he continued ‘ It is an ancient ritual which is used to create the dark phoenix crystal by using up 1000 ghost stones. This crystal grants virtual immortality to any type of undead creature like vampires.’ ‘ But I thought immortality is impossible in this game .’ said Cerci. ‘It is so ‘ said James’ but this crystal grants you the power of a phoenix to be reborn after death, an inherent quality of the undead boosted in power a hundred fold. It is also a reason I must stop him at any cost . If he manages to create that crystal he may actually conquer this game.’

They had reached the huge gates of the fortress. ‘ Ok now you guys need to stand back’ said James ‘ and let’s see if I can knock down this door.’ He had taken a step towards the huge fortress door when WHAM…… James found himself on his ass several feet back and Daphne shrieked. A pair of 60 feet skeletons had appeared in front of them guarding the gates. Daphne had gotten over her shock and she and Cerci both loaded their bows to attack when ‘ STOP!’ James had gotten to his feet and was wiping a trickle of blood from his lips , smiling from ear to ear. ‘ Leave these to me’ he said and for the first time since their meeting Cerci had the realisation—This boy was dangerous—a raging force of nature.

‘ Hmm 940 stones already’ thought Urukai sitting on a throne in an elegant hall lit with torches of blue flames ‘ 60 more and I will be immortal. That incompetent Ruth—not only he failed to procure the stones but also got his ass handed to him by those pesky nymphs.’. He closed his eye and pinched the bridge of his nose.He was so close …..so close to his revenge on Kormak Greensteel. The guy had beaten him, humiliated him in front of the entire world—in the obelisk cup. However, now he was wiser, better prepared. He had done various experiments, dangerous rituals in alchemy—dark magic that was not only dangerous but also illegal, solely to gain power against Kormak. The game admins had found out about him and put an end to his character—blocked him off the games for good. It was then he was one day approached by Ray who had given him knowledge and power and had wanted him to continue his experiments—in order to create the ultimate warriors.

Suddenly there was a huge bang and the fortress itself shook shocking him out of his musings. He was about to stand when there was a deafening crunch and a huge crash. Urukai jumped to his feet ‘ WHAT THE FUCK!!!!’ he cursed .A minion vampire ran into the room ’ Sire ‘ he panted’ Sire, we are under attack—by the nymphs.’ ‘ The nymphs?’ Urukai couldn’t believe his ears ‘ How did they even find this hideout?’ He literally shook with rage ‘ how dare they attack me?? ME a vampire lord. What are the Yamato brothers doing ?’ ‘ Sire ‘ gulped the minion ‘ The Yamato brothers are fighting the enemy but I think Ichiji got beaten .’ ‘ Ichiji got beaten!! ‘ Urukai yelled, his eyes bulging’ You mean to say a 60 feet skeleton got beaten by puny nymphs?’ At that moment a dark shadow emerged beside Urukai ‘ Master I heard my sister is attacking you. Do you need your slave to go and eliminate her?’ ‘No ‘ said Urukai baring his long and sharp teeth ‘ I will teach that bitch some manners myself. No more mercy. She will be a slave and I will make her serve the lowest of Vampires.’’ He ran to the hall’s exit and turned through the corridor—in time to see one of the solid metal doors buckle and collapse bringing with it one of the skeleton guards. As he approached Urukai understood—the bulk of the skeleton had been used as a ram to bring down the 10-ton door. He gasped ‘ How the hell were the Nymphs getting this much firepower?’ He glided to the doorway just in time to see the other skeleton disintegrating into dust and from behind it emerged a young boy of about 20. They looked at each other—eyes locked for a moment then the boy disappeared and appeared right beside him—kicking him into one of the nearby pillars.’ Hello Mr. Vampire ‘ he quipped’ Greetings from James Windsaber.’

* * *

Their punches collided sending a shockwave from the impact and the two fighters were thrown back, both crashing into the ground. ‘ What’s going on?’ thought Urukai’ How can he fight on par with me? ME a vampire lord -one of the seven strongest in this game?? I am at least ten times stronger and faster than the boss level vampires and this guy is not only matching my power but also putting in hits.’ James on his part was thoroughly enjoying the fight. It was rare that he found such strong fighters with whom he could go all out. Urukai was a little stronger than him but he was much faster, so he could put in a few punches , then dodge and dance around Urukai’s attacks. For every attack he received , he dished out 3 and soon Urukai was panting. They were at it for quite some time and Urukai was definitely losing.

‘Enough of this shit’ the vampire growled ‘ channelling his magic ‘glowing red winds concentrated around his palms which he shot at James as a pair of tornadoes.’ Out of all the possibilities’ thought James smirking ‘ I get the wind-based vampire’ as he was engulfed in the fast winds. Urukai smirked—he had killed many opponents with his slicing winds, He had again clinched another victory , only to gape in shock as the winds were absorbed by James.’ Nice meal’ he smirked ‘ my turn’ , forming 2 fast rotating wind spheres around his fists, he appeared before Urukai and threw a barrage of punches. The wind spheres cut and slashed through Urukai’s defence and James pummeled him with punches ending with double fisted punch that drilled its way into his torso. Urukai staggered back, blood coming out of his mouth’ Shit, I have taken SOME damage’ He looked at James eyes full of hate’ you will pay for this. Come to me Cassandra ‘. ‘Yeah right’ said James charging towards him his fist forming another sphere when ‘ WHAM’ for the second time he was thrown back on his ass. A very beautiful woman with waist length wavy golden hair, piercing blue eyes and very white and pointed teeth hidden by luscious red lips had appeared out of the shadows and stood between him and Urukai intercepting his attack. She wore a black corset complete with a cape and wore high heeled highly polished black boots ,’ You called , Master?’ she purred. ‘Buy me some time Cassandra.’ Panted Urukai as he retreated towards the castle.

‘So this is Cassandra’ thought James ‘ Cerci’s sister. Her eyes looked glazed , Cerci was right , she is under Vampire magic ,I must disable her without hurting her .’ He stood up but stumbled pain searing through his torso—Cassandra had not hit him simply—she had hit him a barrage in an instant—making huge amount of internal damage.

He spat a mouthful of blood and looked up towards her—but she had disappeared and instantly appeared before him literally in supersonic speed, landing a kick and sent James flying.

He smirked getting up and realigning his dislocated shoulder with a crick, and started walking towards the girl. ‘This is getting interesting’ he thought—‘that supersonic speed was definitely done by lowering the wind resistance. Wonder if I also can do that.’ He shook his head , now was not the time.

‘So girl wanna dance?’ he asked hoping to provoke her into doing that again , ‘Sure ‘ she smiled evilly but this time raised her palm towards him and chanted ‘Daemon Fulguris’ a sliver of black lightning struck James . He smirked, He had too much electricity resist for an attack of this level to deal damage and continued only to stumble, His torso had gone numb.’ What?’ he exclaimed surprised, looking up to see the same expression on the girl’s face. ’Why didn’t it affect you?’ she said. But seeing James stumble she smirked ‘ It did hurt you didn’t it?’ ‘ How is this possible?’ said James ‘ I have been trained by the thunder dragon Raiga. How is it that your magic affected me?’ Cassandra’s smile widened ‘ As you will soon die I will humour your curiosity ‘ she said’ I am a Demon Slayer.’

James’s eyes narrowed, He knew almost all the classes found in this game but Demon Slayer was not one of them. ‘ Do you know what a healer is? She asked seeing his expression‘ the healer in this game has the best defensive and supporting type magic. You can say she will be the best shield in the game , well I am the opposite—the best sword for I have the most potent magic in this game—My master Urukai granted me this power by mixing the two opposite poles of magic.’ ‘Of course’ thought James’ By mixing the nymph’s light magic with a vampire’s darkness Urukai must have created a new form of mage—one whose magic is more potent than even the great dragons.’ Cassandra fired a torrent of black fire towards him that he dodged ‘ and master has even granted me the access of all the elements.’ She added. Let’s try this ‘Daemon Ventus:Cavae’ but James was ready this time ‘Ventus Draco:Luna Canticum’ white wind struck jet black wind and exploded. James moved forward—taking a mouthful of the black wind only to chok and spit it out ‘ there is no doubt’ he thought , feeling great unease ’ her magic quality is better than mine—I cannot absorb her wind’. He looked up and to his horror saw that she was doing exactly the same thing , but instead of choking on it she smoothly absorbed his wind and her power shot up—her body glowing with a red aura. ’ Shit’ James cursed , She used superior magic and had a version of his own Zen ability , but unlike him she did not seem to need to be wounded for powering up , just good quality of the element which he had provided. Cassandra grinned evilly at him and brought up her menu ‘ wow ‘ she said still grinning’ your wind gave me a level up and some new powers too.’ Turning her head to him she said ’And so as a thank you parting gift I will test them on you. Daemon Aqua: Glacier Occidere’, black ice spikes rose from the ground almost impaling James who jumped on one of them and held its tip for dear life.

This was going bad—very bad for him , not only he can’t use full force on her, his wind magic was basically useless and he was being forced into a corner. And he had just sensed another magic—another huge magic blooming and he really did not want to face that power in this situation.

Cassandra was laughing, ‘ Daemon Terra: Magma Ruptis’ she chanted almost casually as jet black magma with blue fire rushed from her hands and covered the ground beneath the ice spikes. ‘Now you lose your standing ground, darling’ she smirked ‘I will make the world disappear beneath your feet.’ From his perch James noted the Magma was not melting any ice—he was safe for the time—but he was running out of options. ‘I need to use the frequency on her—no other choice’ he thought desperately, and looking around his eyes fell on the magma , he grinned.’ Games up darling’ he said smiling ‘ taking out a crystal from his pocket he threw it in the magma below. Immediately the crystal burst—spilling a large amount of water in the magma. ‘ Your water wont cool that magma ‘ said Cassandra smiling again. ‘ I am not cooling it ‘ said James grinning ’Aer Draco: Umbra Echo’ and as he said the water evaporated on the lava only to be rapidly cooled by the ice spikes covering the area in thick fog . at the same time James’s spell took effect , the air around him swirled ,decreasing the sounds he made until his movements became completely silent. He jumped from spikes to spike towards the girl. Cassandra was trying to locate the boy when suddenly his audio presence vanished ‘ Come out , you coward’ she yelled into the thick fog. She could not move freely because of the magma around her but she wanted to be ready for him . She looked around desperately when suddenly James appeared behind her ‘ as she span around he muttered ’tyrtro ve’. Her eyes glazed over . ‘Listen to me carefully ‘ said James urgently’ Go north from here , your sister is fighting Urukai’s forces there , go and help her . Go! NOW !’With a flick of his hands James blew away the fog allowing the girl to find a safe passage through the magma. Then he ran to find Urukai.

* * *

Cerci brought down the sword swiftly on the head of the vampire before her , looking up she saw the other nymphs, they were fighting tooth and nail against the vampire forces but the enemy seemed to be infinite in numbers—they kept on coming out from the keep. They were losing moral fast. Sheathing her sword she armed her bow—just in time to shoot a vampire that was strangling Daphne. ‘Thanks milady’ panted Daphne as she gutted another vampire. However, looking up her heart dropped—a new hoard was already advancing on her—fast, and she did not have enough strength to fight back. She prepared for the last stand when suddenly a barrage of pitch black lightning rained on the enemy—destroying them in 1 shot. Looking behind she saw Cassandra flying towards her , her cape billowing in the wind, her mouth opened when she heard disembodied voice—a whisper ‘ I have sent Cassandra to help. She is on our side for now.’ She recognised James’s voice at once. As Cassandra charged the enemy her dark magic raining down on them Daphne gathered her strength—it was their counter attack.

* * *

James rounded the corner just in time to see the sarcophagus shaped like a coffin, a dark aura was coming out of it and as he approached the lid slid opened. What came out was a monstrosity—Urukai had transformed—a 10 feet tall humanoid bat loomed over James a bright red stone shining over his heart. His armour had disappeared but James could tell he would not need it anymore. ‘ Let’s see you match my power now’ the monster growled and disappeared , appearing before James and punching the boy.

James lay on the ground—his whole body burned with pain—Urukai had not only gained speed in this transformation his powers had doubled too and he was completely overpowering James . As he struggled to his feet Urukai again appeared before him punching him in a barrage . James felt his ribs cracking—the pain knocking him out for a few seconds—when he opened his eyes he was lying flat on the ground.

‘ Hah’ smirked Urukai’ you thought you could beat me , Windsaber? I who is 1 of the 7 vampire lords ? I who destroyed the rock dwarves in the Valley of Misthil? But I must thank you Windsaber , by killing a legend like you I will be famous in the hinterlands. Then I will make that bitch Cerci my slave. ‘ James struggled to rise only to be kicked down .’ Know what?’ continued Urukai ‘ I will feed her to the lowest of vampires—I won’t hypnotise her like her sister , no ,no. I will break her—mind body and soul and when she is broken I will turn her—her bitch sister became the demon slayer , but I think she will become the Healer , and then no one in this game will be able to stop me.’ Looking down at the fallen boy he laughed—cold and cruel ‘ and then I will find them—out in the real world , and I will make sure they spend the rest of their miserable lives in hell.’

James’s fists were clenched tight—he again struggled in vain—the pain was increasing by the second and he felt like being sick . Urukai turned ‘ I think I will go and capture that bitch ‘. James remembered the crying Cerci, how she had begged his help. He had made a promise—a promise to a friend and he was really bad at breaking promises. He focused , his mind slowly starting to work through the haze of pain , he dug deeper into himself, into his very core—begging for power , more power—power to destroy his enemy, power to protect his friends. He remembered Anaihil’s words’ When you are hurt the wind will help you. The wind will be your friend’ He took some deep breaths and felt better instantly. He pushed himself for power again—his pain was receding—he felt an adrenalin rush—and then it came—a monstrous killing intent. James flung his eyes open—and immediately felt a difference—his eyes seemed to be sharper , his hearing more keen, he could feel the vibrations in the ground , the far away battle cries. He looked down at his hands—his robe had shrank into a tight bodysuit—and his arms seemed more muscular brimming with power. But what really unnerved was his killing intent—he wanted to slash , tear , rage on his target. He looked up to see Urukai’s retreating back and suddenly his brain erupted with even more anger—he charged. Urukai felt the attack at the very last second—he barely had turned when the punch landed on his jaw. He literally flew back into a rock. He looked up to see James—but he seemed to have changed too—his robes now had a scale like pattern on them -his muscles had become more prominent and his hair grew longer and spikier. His teeth seemed to become longer and sharper and three scratch marks appeared on his cheeks giving him an animalistic appearance. Black wind tendrils appeared behind him—giving him the appearance of a many tailed beast.

James held up his hand and an air projectile shot from it—but instead of the normal wind it was jet black and had a pungent smell. Urukai dodged in time but it struck his bat-like wings which were immediately severed from his body. He waited for his regenerative powers to kick in but to his horror nothing happened—somehow this dark wind was cancelling the regeneration of a vampire. James too seemed shocked at what happened . He breathed the air and immediately coughed it out , it was pungent and foul. Urukai on the other hand felt his life draining—only to find that the black air had imparted a poisoned status to him corroding away his body—somehow negating the poison immunity of vampires. James seemed to have noticed the poison effect too as he shrunk back the tendrils into his body—they were destroying the surroundings and Urukai guessed that they were fatal for James too.

‘Cut by your own sword?’ mocked Urukai ‘ Too much for you to control eh?’. James merely glanced at him—his eyes burning with anger and said ‘ These are the winds from purgatory itself.’ Then he vanished—appearing before Urukai and attacked.’ And no, I don’t need them to kill you.’

* * *

Cerci looked around her, the only ones on their feet were herself and Daphne who was supporting Roxanne by the shoulder. It seemed a miracle though that they were standing in the first place , they had been fighting thousands of vampires , Roxanne herself had taken out about 5000 of them , but even her magic capacity had reached its limit. She looked ahead and saw another hoard of vampires approaching—there seemed to be absolutely no end to them. ‘ Cerci’ cried Daphne’ take Roxi and go.’ Daphne was the only other human nymph Cerci knew ‘ in real world she was their—her and Roxi’s manager cum bodyguard. Though a little tomboyish and strict she had a very good heart. When Roxanne started changing Daphne was as much worried as her .’ Nope ‘ she said, coming out of her musing ‘ I will fight by you ,till the last.’ Daphne grinned’ you magic is all but gone.’ But Cerci merely nodded and stood her ground ‘ Only a miracle can save us now’ she thought. As she saw the vampire army approach her last thoughts were ‘ So this is how it ends.’

* * *

James and Urukai looked at each other both panting. In this form James had more power than Urukai , but his wounds were preventing him from attacking full on. On other hand James was fighting more on instinct rather than on a strategy making it difficult for him , Urukai to counter. Though melee attacks did not affect him much James superior strength was dealing damage. But most importantly he noticed that the dark winds had corrupted the air around them preventing James from using air to heal himself, and the wounds made by the dark winds were not healing ,even with his vampiric powers.

James’s on the other hand was having trouble maintaining this form—it was liked holding your breath the longer you hold the more difficult it became. ‘I need to finish this and fast’ he thought panting ,’ A little more time’. He readied himself to attack but the cracked ribs creaked and he stumbled—Urukai took this chance to sucker punch him into a rock.’ Why isn’t it happening ‘ thought James’ It should be out by now’ ‘ waiting for help?’ mocked Urukai , James looked at the sky , smiled weakly and said ‘ Yes, that.’ At that moment the first rays of dawn appeared in the horizon.

As the Vampire army began scattering Cerci looked at the sky smiling—it was truly a miracle. Daphne had carried Roxanne to the shadows where they both lay resting. ‘ I hope James is Ok ‘ she thought as she made her way towards their battle.

James flew through the air and crashed 15 feet away, he looked up to see Urukai approaching completely unaffected by the sunlight.’ What’s happening?‘ he thought desperately and looking at his attacker he suddenly realised -Urukai had a crystal stuck over his heart ‘Night’s Prince‘ as it was called he remembered—a gem said to be made from the power of Kharayan the first vampire himself. Was the gem protecting Urukai from the Sun? The gem was sealed with Urukai’s body—embedded in it. James concentrated air on his nails, which were sharper for this form, further increasing their penetrating power. He felt his powers draining—he was losing this form . He summoned the last of his powers and dashed towards Urukai—a jab , a twist and then the form disappeared—he powered down , even—the bodysuit changed back into his normal robes . Urukai grinned, summoned his full powers and hit James with a double punch right in the ribs. James felt them splinter as he coughed up blood—his body was thrown into a rock like a rag doll , but as Urukai approached him he grinned, blood oozing from his mouth said holding up his hand he muttered ‘Checkmate’—clenched in his fingers the severed Gem, surgically removed from Urukai’s body. As Urukai looked on in shock the sunlight burned through his body reducing it to a pile of ash within moments. As James lost consciousness he a lone figure running towards him.

* * *

Cerci finished her story as Alexis looked on’ After I brought him back to the castle he slept for 2 whole days after that. And when he woke up he used his frequency to undo Urukai’s magic on Roxi.’ ‘ Wait you went back to the castle?’ asked Alexis. ‘ Well you see by vampire law whoever held the ‘Night’s Prince’ gem automatically became the Vampire lord and commanded the bloodline, so when James stole that gem he automatically became the master of 1/7 of all vampires in the game , those that were under Urukai’s bloodline. So the vampires in the fortress became our allies. ‘ And then?’ asked Alexis , ‘ Well to be brutally honest when he used the frequency on Roxi she really like the experience .So….well……I forced him to use it on me too, we became his loyal slaves.’ She completed blushing brightly ’Daphne though refused flatly to be controlled, she in her own way loves James , so anyway everyone went home happy.’ .’ So James is the master of 1/7 f all vampires’ asked Alexis. ’Yes and no. As James is not a vampire, and he did not agree to turn into one so he cannot be their master but he gave the Gem to Roxi instead—he even completed the dark phoenix ritual for her—so she became one of the strongest vampires alive in her own right. In the following months James hunted down 2 more vampire lords—finally ending their power struggles and their attacks on the other creatures.’

Alexis looked at James who seemed to have fallen asleep. ‘ You said something about some Torao. ‘ ‘ Yes Torao Law—he is the ‘vampire lord’ counterpart of the werewolves. Well the last vampire lord James hunted down—he was holding Law captive , James freed him and they became friends.’ ‘ Brother’ said James groggily, he had just woken up and heard the conversation ‘Tora is a real life yakuza. When I saved him he shared with me 50-50 part sake, making him my sworn brother and then I helped him get married to the Hime or the princess as we call her of another werewolf clan—which merged their two bloodlines and ended a real life gang war between two major yakuza clans in faraway Japan.’

‘James here is the only known person who is friendly to both vampires and werewolves—sworn enemies’ said Cerci smiling.

’So what do we do now?’ said Alexis, her lust was returning. ‘ I have a shrewd idea ‘ said Sam eyeing James who had woken up—his lust returning too seeing the two beautiful women before him.’ Say Alexis’ said Samantha with a mischievous grin ‘let’s see if our master can ‘Raise ‘ to the challenge.’ They slowly and seductively advanced on James.

* * *

As they entered deeper into the forest signs of death and destruction became more and more abundant—the forest seemed to be littered with dead bodies of various creatures, but the werewolves pressed on determined to find their enemy.

Suddenly they got a whiff of something—something pungent and ancient. ‘ Everyone slow down ‘ shouted Hollowclaw from behind the ranks ‘ I think the enemy is nearby ‘ As he said a clearing came into view. It was a shallow crater surrounded by a small cliff on three sides and the forest on the fourth. A huge animal was lounging in the crater, and it reeked horribly of blood and gore and it was definitely not from the forests Hollowclaw knew. ‘I think we found what we are looking for ‘ he said quietly ‘the one who killed Moonclaw ’.