The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

James Windsaber Chronicles

Chapter — 1

(Part — Gambit)

Toby McDougall woke with a start. Being the chief editor of The London Times was certainly hard work and he had just drifted off to sleep after slogging for 18 hours at work. He looked around to find the source of the disturbance that aroused him from his sleep and found his cell phone beeping. “What the hell?!?” he cursed, picking up the phone to see the caller ID to be Tony, his ace reporter.

“You DO know it is two in the morning?” he grumbled over the phone. “So this had better be worth it, or you’ll get it when you return from Rio...” On the opposite side, Tone was speaking very fast, and as he heard more of it his eyes bulged in surprise. “What??They did WHAT????” He shouted. “Are you absolutely sure??” He nodded. “Ok then, go... and if you find out anything more, report to me at once!”

After terminating the call, he sat there for 2 whole minutes, trying to contemplate what he had just heard, then he called his office in The Times building. His secretary Bob, working late as usual, answered the call. “Bob!” he shouted, “stop the presses immediately! No, I mean it, stop the presses, stop them now!There is explosive news…wait, never mind, I’m coming over to tell you in person!” And with that, he hung up and sprinted to out to his car, completely oblivious that he was still in his pajamas.

* * *

Ray was sitting in his office , a huge semicircular room overlooking a scenic view of the urban landscape, working intently on his computer, his coffee lay forgotten beside him. Just then Razor entered the room. “Hey,” he greeted Ray, as he went to the coffee brewer to make himself a cup. He had not even finished filling his cup when the door burst open, and Amanda marched in. It had not been even a week since she last sat in this office, but today she looked a lot more worried and angry.

“What’s the meaning of this, Ray?” she demanded, throwing the newspaper she was carrying up in Ray’s face. Razor, however, snatched up the paper, unfolding it. The first page screamed—‘The World summit to be held in Rio relocated!!! ’ Razor started reading the news aloud – “‘The summit of world leaders to be held in Rio has been relocated but not in any country of the world as we know it,’ says Enrique Esposito , spokesperson of the organizers. ‘For the first time in world history, the world summit is going to be held in the virtual world of The Reality. This is the future Gentlemen and ladies!!’ He goes on to say that The reality will enable the world premieres to have close interaction with their counterparts without leaving the safety of their homes. This move has been cheered upon by The Reality players and enthusiasts from all over the world. (more details in pages 4,6,7,9)...” Finishing the article Razor looked from Ray to Amanda, and shrugged.

“Well?” said Amanda, glaring at Ray. ”What do you have to say for yourself?” Ray merely blinked in confusion.

“Wait,” Razor interjected, “there is more.” He continued reading. “In a most surprising turn of events Ray Faraday, the COO of The Reality, announced that he is retiring from his duties. ‘I have worked my whole life for the company left to me and Amanda by my uncle. Now I think it is time that I take a break from it and try to build something from the scratch of my own. I think Amanda will be able to continue taking the company to new heights of greatness and I think hosting the world summit is the first step towards it,’ he was quoted as saying.” Razor looked at Ray surprised as Amanda continued to glare at Ray.

“What the HELL are you playing at?” barked Amanda. Ray looked hurt, but Razor could tell he was faking it.

”Nothing!” he insisted. ”I just want to build something on my own. So far I have been working on something built by uncle. I just want to test my own abilities, that’s all. I perfectly happy to stay on with you guys until the summit to help out as needed, and then I will go my own way.” he said. Amanda kept quiet, though she continued glaring at him, her mouth the thinnest of thin lines, so he continued. “Amanda,,, I love this company as much as you do and I really want to make it great, but at the same time I want to do something in my own right. If it means so much to you, you can take the credit of the world summit being held here. After all, you will be the one who will be staying with the company and taking over as its head. I will, of course, be keeping my shares in the company though, as a source of income, but in return, I will help if you get any problems with The Reality in future.”

Amanda was shocked by this offer, but like the professional she was, she kept her composure. “Well, fine by me. Do whatever you like as long as you sort out the problem I mentioned last week first.”

“Well yes, of course,” said Ray. “I have been working on it and will send you the report in due time. And just in case I have to leave before sorting it out, I will be keeping an eye out for it... given I still have the Admin privileges I have now?“ he asked.

“You can continue having them, I guess,” said Amanda, turning to leave, “as long as you continue working to sort that problem we mentioned out. And you have to send me the full details of the security programs you designed.” With that, she left the room, already thinking and planning on how to get Ray’s share of the company that would give her majority status and cement her position in the company even more...

Ray watched Amanda go out of his office and returned to his work when he felt Razor’s gaze on his face. “What ?” he said looking up at his friend.

“Ray,” Razor began, “I have known you from when we were still in school. Giving her the credit? Don’t give me that crap. You ,who has never even shared a chocolate with anybody sharing his achievements? You can fool Amanda with that stuff but not me. Drop the act and spill the beans. What are you up to?”

“Hmm..” mused Ray, smirking. “Still sharp as a knife aren’t you?” he said, amused. “Okay, I will tell you everything, but all in good time. For now, let me tell you something more about dragonspeech.”

* * *

“So, why do you think the mind control frequency was called dragon tongue?” Ray asked Razor, and not waiting for his reply continued, “I’ll tell you, it’s because in this game these 7 frequencies lie within the range of about 10000 frequencies assigned to dragons.”

“Wait.” Razor interjected, confused. “If what you say is true why has no one encountered them yet?”

“I have a theory about that,” answered Ray. “Let’s say that you can imitate perfectly the bark of a dog. But does that mean you know it’s language if it has any? Just because the dragon or drake has the mind control frequency does not mean we can understand what it is saying. So even if our brains are bombarded with the frequency we don’t react because we don’t understand it.“

“Okay, you have a point,” he conceded. “But think about the probability for a minute,” said Razor. “You have to find a dragon, which is tricky in and of itself, of which has a probability of 7/10000 chance of getting the right frequency. Also given the number of all dragons and drakes in the game is about 7500 on any given day it is even possible that none of them HAS the required frequency—and even if you find it, what will you do? How will you use it ?”

“Heh,” Ray smirked, “As a matter of fact, I have already made the required checks, and you know what? I have found some of those frequencies currently being used in the game. And I have pretty much zoned in on it. I have been programming a device that would allow me to take the frequency assigned to it and integrate into my avatar giving me the control of the frequency, and it’s just about completed finally.”

He moved towards the back of his office towards a hidden keypad where he punched in a passcode opening a secret antechamber containing a The Reality game interface. “Let’s go on a hunt,” he said to Razor before logging into the game.

* * *

“Hey Willowfang, wake up….WAKE UP!”

Kyle stirred in his sleep. He’d been hunting the whole night without much success and did not appreciate waking so soon. But as the voice would not allow his sleep he opened one eye to see Lunis, a younger werewolf making the ruckus. Before Kyle could even open his mouth, Lunis yelled “Moonclaw has returned. He is wounded and wants to see you. Hurry!” That drove the sleep out of Kyle’s eyes.

Moonclaw was a good friend of Kyle’s, though he was a NPC werewolf. He had lead a team of 3 wolves to the south as Kyle took the hunt to north last night but had not returned when Kyle did in the morning .“What?” he jumped to his feet and ran out of the cave into a clearing where most of the pack had gathered. Pushing through them he got to the middle and gasped . Moonclaw was lying on the ground with Hollowclaw by his side. He was bleeding profusely and his left arm and large part of his left body was gone, bitten off. As Kyle crouched by his side he looked at Kyle and recognition dawned on his face..

“T... twilight... e... ears...” he managed to mumble then he started coughing up blood . His body seized up and then went limp and something went out from his eyes.

“He’s gone,” said Hollowclaw softly closing Moonclaw’s eyes. Then he turned to Kyle. “Do you know what he was talking about? What did he mean by ‘Twilight’ and ‘ears’?” but Kyle was already looking at Moonclaw’s ears.

“His ears. They are bleeding,” He pointed out to Hollowclaw. “Someone or something damaged his ears. Despite all his other wounds... it as to be important somehow.“

“What’s the commotion , eh?” drawled a cold voice behind them and Kyle turned to see Reinhart. “Huh. Moonclaw. Snuffed it did he?” he said seeing his dead body, shaking his head. ”I always knew he would get killed one of these days... poor damned fool.”

Kyle lunged at him but got restrained by Hollowclaw. “No fighting within the pack!” He snarled at Reinhart and turning to Kyle he said, “nd that’s for you too.”

He turned to face his pack. “There is something in these jungles these days which is driving away our food and I believe it was that creature that has killed our comrade Moonclaw. Add in the fact that that psycho Greensteel’s personal vendetta for killing werewolves, this place has become really dangerous for us.” Looking around the silent pack he continued. “We will bury Moonclaw here . Then tomorrow morning we will travel towards the east.”

“Hah! So the great Hollowclaw is running?” sneered Reinhart, clearly enjoying himself. “The greatest werewolf leader in the history of this world is running like a pup with his tail between his legs just because a weakling wolfling got bitten in half?”

“Shut up Reinhart,” snarled Hollowclaw. “You know as good as I that Moonclaw was no weakling neither was he a coward. He had Flashfang and Greyback with him All of whom were elite fighters and they all got killed by this mysterious foe. If it was just me I would have tried and avenged them but I am the leader and have the responsibility of the full pack. Including you. I cannot put everyone in danger just for vengeance.”

Reinhart smirked at this.“Well, if you think you cannot avenge your pack, then make me the leader. Me, the true pureblood wolf,” he stated, giving a snide glance at Kyle, “not some riffraff half-breed convert!”

“No!” growled Hollowclaw, hackled raised. “I will be taking the pack east deeper into the hinterlands and maybe we will be able to get sanctuary from both Greensteel and this foe.’And all of you will follow my commands!”

“Bah! Run if you must,” said Reinhart uncaring, “Those of you who aren’t cowards, follow me! I will be taking the pack to protect our hunting grounds which we have protected and lived in from the beginning of time! We will protect it with honor!”

“Reinhart, you damned fool! You are arrogant with pride,” snarled Hollowclaw, “you have no idea of your enemy’s strength or numbers, let alone his location! You will get everyone killed!”

Suddenly Kyle spoke up. “Hollowclaw, wait. I do not agree with Reinhart at all... but, he DOES have a point,” he said with a sigh. “As we are now, even if we run into the hinterlands we still may not survive, and who knows, there may be even greater danger there.”

The werewolf leaded frowned, but considered his words. “Fine. So what do you suggest ?” asked Hollowclaw.

“I am suggesting that we try and gather some information about this new enemy, carefully and quietly, and see what we are up against. And if we can beat it, we do so and protect our hunting grounds,” said Kyle. “I believe that it will not be very wise to leave these grounds without ensuring safe sanctuary in the Hinterlands, or we may run into even worse there.”

“Hmm, you may have something there,” Hollowclaw conceded. “Yes, I think as you are the beta, and as your reasoning is sound, we will do as you say.” Then he turned to the rest of the pack. “I will be taking 20 of our best fighters and check out the new threat. Whitefang, you guard the pack and if we don’t return by tomorrow night take the pack and go east.”

As the were wolves started their preparations for the battle Kyle turned towards the dead body of Moonclaw. “I will try and avenge you my friend,” he promised, “if not today, then someday, but rest assured you will be avenged.”

* * *

2 Days Ago

The man exited The Los Angeles airport building into the bright sunlight. He was a tall man 6′2 height, muscular body complete with blonde hair falling over his eyes, giving him a roughish handsome look. He looked like any other average tourist carrying a single suitcase , a businessman, perhaps, on first sight but closer inspection revealed his piercing blue eyes always on a lookout for danger, an extremely agile body and a subtle caution behind his damn care attitude. There was something in the man’s posture that commanded respect and distinguished him from his co-passengers.

He looked around for some time until the BMW he had hired at the airport rolled towards him. He relieved the valet with a generous tip and drove towards a luxurious hotel ‘The Blue Galaxy’. When he reached the reception desk, the girl sitting there looked up to him and smiled.

“Nigel Pinkerton,” he said smiling back, “though you will find the reservation under the name ‘Adam Black’.” The receptionist was surprised but handed him the keys anyway. ‘Well that would make ol’ 00 (Double 0) mad,’ he thought to himself as he reached his room. He let out a whistle of appreciation by the luxurious room but unlike a normal tourist began searching the room in and out. After a thorough search of 40 minutes (in which he upturned the carpet, pulled down paintings and checked mirrors among others) he seemed satisfied. He took a long hot shower, He then settled down and opened his suitcase taking out a very sophisticated version of the neural interface people used to log into The Reality. Finally, he put on the VR glasses and logged into the game.

* * *

Present Day

Ray Faraday was the only person in his whole family who had ever played The Reality, though they all owned the game. Ray had been secretly playing the game ever since he became the operations officer and chief of game security, and he had played as a bandit, a tank and an assassin. But only when he took on the class crusader did he find what he was looking for: Power. Crusader was a class that allowed him to borrow the battle abilities of his allies. Armed with a powerful class and his knowledge of the game being an admin he quickly established his own guild ‘The El Dorado’ where he recruited new players by bribing, bullying or simply threatening them into joining.

But that was not all – He secretly used his status as an all-powerful admin to create NPC players and got them to join his guild or create as much gold he liked for his treasury. He, of course, hid this cheating well from other players, and soon the El Dorado was the largest guild in terms of money or players. It had, however, earned a very bad reputation of having real nasty players who neither had any code of conduct nor any honor. Ray came to be feared as Ray Blazemarshall, or Ray the Crusader, and none could have found the link between him and company COO Ray Faraday.

Ray had been challenging the Pantheon over the Obelisk cup for 3 years without success. It was last year when he got his hands on the legendary Armour of Judgement, when he’d come the closest to actually defeating the Pantheon. As the battle started he had drained his teammates of their combat power and charged into a dangerous assault against the pantheon. It was Kormak Greensteel, however, who halted him in his tracks, even though he’d seemed outmatched in strength. It was all a clever strategy of Stein’s, where he exploited Ray’s inferior speed against him, and attacked with long range projectiles while their mage, Anadriel, defeated the mighty crusader with her spells.

Ray had sworn vengeance against them, and had since been planning how to defeat the Pantheon.

But today when Ray entered The Reality, his mind was on a completely different prize. As he materialized in the game, he was greeted by Rollo and Zephire, his 2 main generals.

Rollo was a noble by birth, but from an young age he been spoiled rotten.As he grew, so his corruption grew with him till he started tracking down people who have defeated him in The Reality and killed them in real life. He’d gotten caught by law enforcement but his family used their influence with the government to help him escape the death penalty. Instead, he was put under house arrest in his own home and banned from playing The Reality. But he managed to sneak in an interface and continued playing. As none of the other guilds would ever take a banned player, Ray welcomed him with open arms into his guild, where he soon became a general due to his relentless ferocity and cruelty in battle. He had a class called Slasher—very high attack output and speed but zero magic ability. He used a pair of sickles, big enough to decapitate a human in one slash.

Zephire was almost a complete opposite of Rollo. For one, he was an NPC created by Ray himself who utilized a very unique and special form of magic –black hole. The darkness he created was nothing like the dark magic which normal players had access to. His darkness was more akin to that of an actual singularity. Like a black hole, it had the ability to suck into it and nullify any form of magic or projectiles thrown on him. He could even suck in actual players with his darkness and regurgitate them at will – they were taken to a dark dimension where they were all but crushed by the gravitation force. Most players got an instant KO in that dimension, and those of who survived had their life points diminished to red and bones broken by the intense gravity, meaning Ray could finish them at his leisure.

Zephire’s weakness was he had zero physical ability—the exact opposite of Rollo.

“Hey boss,” Rollo greeted him. “ So, what is the plan for today?”

“Today we are going on a dragon hunt,” said Ray, bringing up a map of Axaellel. “Here, in these parts of The Hinterlands.”

“Huh? The Hinterlands?” Rollo asked, his smile fading a little. “Um... are you sure? That place is dangerous...”

“I know. That’s why we will be taking the full assault unit,” said Ray. “All 2500 of them.”

* * *

2 Days Ago

Stein was sitting in the guild hall with some of his close friends and advisors, enjoying good food and planning for a hunting expedition into one of the less dangerous areas of The Hinterlands, when he heard a huge commotion outside the hall. As he and the others stood up to check the source of the problem, he saw one of his guards literally being thrown across the room. He hurried towards the door, but even before he reached it, a true hulk of a man entered the hall. The man was wearing a heavy armour the color of blue and steel. From the size and structure, he was clearly a powerhouse of health points with supposedly no speed, yet this guy was moving with a speed and grace not at all expected from his bulky frame. He stopped to look around the hall and declared, “Who among you is Stein?”

“That would be me,” said Stein, arming himself with his bow, “and just who might you be?”

“My name is Nigelus Salamandra,” said the stranger confidently, “and I have come to join your guild.”

“Well, the people who want to join my guild do so in a civilized way,” said Stein hotly. ”They don’t barge into my hall throwing around my guards! Truth be told, I would have expelled you from these halls already by now if not for my curiosity about you.” He scowled. “Nigelus, you say..eh?’ he said gruffly. “I have just finished a scan of your armor, and it won’t come up in my system nor any information about you. Can you explain this mystery to me?”

“Hmm, you ask a very tricky question there,” stated Nigelus, “I am sure you will find my story very interesting. But I can only tell you—you alone and no one else.”

Isiltari made a move towards Stein, who turned to Nigelus. “You can share this with Isiltari.She is my wife and I trust her more than myself.”

“It is not about trust, but of safety,” Nigelus replied soberly, “and I am sure you will agree with me of telling only you after you hear me out. If you still disagree, then by all means, feel free to tell your loving wife.”

Stein furrowed his brows, but consented, looking around to his companions. “Friends, would you mind if I talk to him for a few moments in the side chamber?” Not waiting for their reply, he added from the corner of his mouth, “If I don’t come out in 10 minutes, break into the room and come after me.” Turning to his visitor, he nodded. “Well then,” he said turning to Nigelus, leading him into the side chamber.

Exactly 10 minutes later, just when his friends were preparing to bust in, did Stein come out with a satisfied looking Nigelus. He looked specially grave. As Nigelus left the hall, Isiltari asked, ”What happened my Lord? What did he want?”

“It... It was nothing,” said Stein, glancing down, avoiding her gaze. “I just made him a guild member that’s all…Yes,” he said softly, almost as if to himself, “maybe its nothing ..nothing at all.” But his wife looked at him, concern deep in her lovely face. In all these years in which she had known him, Isiltari had never seen him so worried or so... scared.