The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Author Note:

Originally posted on Yazzers Stories.

I, Wife

Chapter 1

CyberVault Solutions: Safeguarding Futures and Securing your Secrets… Sounds totally not evil.”

Matt studied the packet of papers that had been mailed to Janey to prepare for her first day at her new job. She had to roll her eyes at his offhand comment.

“What are you talking about?”

Matt held up a document to the soft bedroom light with some of finest fine print he had ever laid eyes on. At the bottom of that page, he noticed Janey’s signature in blue ink. “Did you actually read all of this before you signed?”

“It’s harmless, Matt,” she said, snatching the paper out of his hand. “I had to sign stuff like this at my last job too. They were just as intense about security — that’s the whole point. It’s a security company. They deal with some super hush-hush stuff there — so they have to go a little over-the-top with the NDAs. I’ve worked in this world long enough to know a thing or two about how it works. You just need to trust me. “

Matt sighed and gently pulled his wife closer by her arm so as to wrap his arms around her waist. The two of them sat up in bed, Janey cradled in Matt’s arms with her back against his chest. “I can’t help but be a little worried is all.” His eyes peered over the top of her head, her short stature not blocking much of his view, and he continued reading the legal documents in her hand. One line caught his eye and he began to lean forward to read it closer. “What’s ‘Security Chip Implantation Agreement—

Janey spun her head to the side to face him. She kissed her husband on the cheek and tucked the papers back into the manila envelope they came in. “I love you — stop worrying. I know what I’m doing. You have to trust me.”

Clearly, she wasn’t budging on this. Matt smiled, agreeing to back off, and looked back at her. “I love you too,” he said, kissing her softly on her lips. “And I trust you.”

Janey grinned as she reached to her nightstand and turned off her bedside lamp, concealing the bedroom in darkness. “It’ll have to be quick tonight…” she whispered, thinking of the long day she had ahead of her tomorrow. The couple embraced in the blackness and pulled the sheets over top of themselves for added privacy.

Matt and Janey were in their sixth year of marriage as The Jenkins. They met while both of them were in their senior year of college, and they both were ready to get married after their second date. “Sometimes you just know,” Matt would tell his friends, and it was true. He knew she was the one. Lucky for him, Janey felt the same way. However, they knew they needed to wait until after they graduated, so they were responsible and held off. Janey finished school with an information technology undergrad degree along with a specialized CSSecurity+ certification, while Matt finished with a psychology degree with a focus on one-to-one counseling. He was currently working at a counselor’s office downtown directed at low-income families.

A few months after the graduation ceremony, they’d gotten married, in their bare feet, on the beach surrounded by family and friends. Janey had been the first to land a full-time job as a systems manager at a local bank. She had always taken to computers like a duck to water. When she looked at code, she could see through the numbers and words and see a completed program.

Her brilliance, her work ethic, her kindness: these were some of the many things that Matt most loved most about his wife.

* * *

The next morning, as she stood in line in the bustling and glimmering CyberVault atrium, looking through the glass chamber window, Janey had a momentary blip of a second-thought about going through with this as she watched one of the other programmers get strapped to a gurney, their arms outstretched and clamped down. Another belt was attached to his head by an orderly to hold him still.

The robotic arm of the implantation device lowered from the ceiling, humming and bending into position. It trained its laser eye at the back of the programmers’ neck. The helpless new hire squirmed and winced slightly as a proboscis needle injected a sedative agent right below the hair line above his neck. Then, after the laser eye burned through a layer of skin, the programmers’ eyes went wide as a blinking metallic disc extended outward from the arm, disappearing under his skin.

“Are we crazy for agreeing to this?” came a voice from within the line of new hires standing behind Janey.

Janey was relieved for the chance to take her mind off of the procedure she was watching and turned around to find a dark-haired woman in glasses behind her. She laughed at the woman’s observation and said, “Well, they say that we’re a generation that doesn’t value our own privacy. I can’t think of anything more invasive than this.”

The woman sighed as she watched the arm retract out of the man’s neck. “I’m Blair.” Janey smiled in lieu of a handshake, keeping her hands securely wrapped around her own waist, as if she were holding herself for comfort. “I woke up this morning and I couldn’t believe what I was agreeing to do. ‘Blair Morgan, are you actually going to let a major tech corporation implant a computer chip into your head as a security measure?’ I guess I’m more desperate for this job than I thought.”

“They said it works ‘like a key’ — like it gives us access to certain areas in the building based on our clearance level.” She craned her neck higher, climbing the levels of the building with her eyes, wondering what was hidden behind the highest clearance levels. “I guess key cards and retina scanners just aren’t trendy anymore…” she remarked. At the top of the atrium, a large glass window overlooked the building below. Janey could just make out the outline of someone standing at the window, peering down at them.

It was a woman.

“Who’s that?” Janey asked, pointing at the woman in the window.

Blair followed her gaze up the levels, then scoffed. “That’s the lady in charge…”

Janey turned to look at Blair. “The owner?”

Blair nodded. “Foster. Lilith Foster. She owns it all — and she’s the one we can thank for…” Blair trailed off as she looked back at the procedure finishing up in front of them. They watched as the anonymous man was wheeled away to a recovery room — his procedure complete. “She designed this whole system — the chips. They like their secrets, I hear.”

Janey looked around in wonderment. “It’s like something science-fiction.”

Blair scoffed. “Yeah, this kinda thing always turns out so well in those movies. That’s why I keep asking myself — ‘am I crazy to agree to this?’”

Janey gulped as she let Blair’s words sink in — then her name was called over the loudspeaker and aurally bounced around the cavernous building.

Janey Jenkins.”

Janey entered the procedure room, greeted by two men, one in a white coat and one in a black suit. The man in the black suit extended his hand out to Janey, “Welcome, Mrs. Jenkins. I’m Marcus Reed. I’ll be your supervisor here at CyberVault.” He had a very serious, stern air about him.

The man in the white coat was younger and approached Janey. “Empty your pockets, please, Mrs. Jenkins,” he said, holding out his hands.

Janey shrugged, and felt the sides of her pants. “No pockets,” was her reply.

Mr. Reed led Janey to a gurney and asked her to lay on her stomach. “Just relax. This’ll all be over in a moment.”

As Janey felt the needle in the back of her neck, she looked up to see Mr. Reed smiling down at her. “And welcome to CyberVault Security…” he said. His voice sounded as if she were sinking into a vast ocean of cool water. The world around Janey began to blur and, finally, faded to black.

* * *

Janey woke up in the recovery room, starving and with a splitting headache. Reluctantly, she reached around behind her neck to feel for the implant. Her fingers slowly crept underneath her long brown hair until they found the soft bandage taped there.

Running her hand across it, there was a clear bump.

It was hard.

Wow, it’s actually there, she thought.

“Don’t worry,” came a voice from the doorway. “The soreness will go away.” It was Mr. Reed. He stepped into the room and inspected the incision. After making some indecipherable mumbles to himself, he nodded. “Mm…yes…looks good. Stand up, let’s get a good look at you.”

“Yes, sir. Of course, sir,” came the reply from Janey. She didn’t have to think twice about obeying Mr. Reed. It just felt natural. She stood up and presented herself to him as instructed, like a good employee.

“We survived.” It was Blair. Janey craned her head around to see her new friend had appeared in the doorway. “But, now I need to eat something before I really lose my mind.”

Mr. Reed smiled. “That sounds like a great idea. Mrs. Morgan, you need to change that bandage as soon as you get home, alright?”

Blair nodded obediently. “Yes, sir. Of course, sir.”

“You’ll both begin your formal training tomorrow morning,” Marcus Reed explained. He turned and gestured to both of them. “Be on time: 7am sharp.”

The ladies answered in unison: “Yes, sir. Of course, sir.”

Mr. Reed smiled assuredly and left.

As both of them considered for a moment what “formal training” could mean, Blair turned to her new friend. “In celebration of selling our souls to our corporate overlords, I’ll buy us lunch.”

Food definitely sounded like a welcome plan to Janey. They signed out of the recovery center and Blair drove them to a nearby coffee shop where they ordered some sandwiches while they had a chance to get to know each other.

“So, you just kinda gave up on the music career?” Janey asked, continuing their conversation from the car.

Blair nodded, sipping her coffee. “Yup. That about sums it up. It was fine through college, but once you’re out in the real world, getting a first chair spot as a concert violinist is pretty cut-throat. I mean—I’m good, but I’m not that good.”

Janey smiled, “So, naturally you jumped over to computer science.”

Blair laughed. “Right? Well, I double-majored. So that worked out. I guess in the back of my mind, I knew I would need a fall-back plan.” She took a bite of a cracker and grinned. “And here I am.”

“Chipped,” Janey finished for her.

Blair shook her head in disbelief, reaching behind her neck to feel her own bandage. “I guess this is how companies are going. Hopefully, it’s not too dismal there. Mr. Reed seems really great though.”

Janey’s eyes took on a dreamy quality as she thought about her new supervisor. “Yes, I agree.”

“So, how long have you been married?” Blair asked, almost shaking her head out of the clouds, thinking of Mr. Reed.

“Six years.”

Blair nodded. “So?”

Janey didn’t understand. “So…what?”

“How’s married life?”

Janey laughed, “Oh, it’s wonderful! Matt’s really great. We’re like best friends.”

Blair made a blech face and curled her lip. “I don’t think I’m built for marriage. I just can’t give too much of myself away, I guess.”

“Oh, I agree it’s not for everybody. Matt and I just fit together. He’s really kind and treats me well. He’s a counselor.”

Blair looked a little surprised. “A counselor? Hm.” She thought for a minute, considering where the boundaries were in their burgeoning friendship. “So…CyberVault is setting us up pretty well. Does he care that you…make more money than him?”

Janey laughed again, “That’s just what I’m talking about though. Matt doesn’t care about that kinda thing. He is much too secure in his masculinity to worry about something stupid like that.”

It was true too. Matt had always treated their relationship as one based in equality. He wasn’t one to let his masculine pride take a hit just because she made more money than him. He was proud of his wife — and she was proud of him, for pursuing something he was passionate about, rather than chasing a dollar.

So, cuties, you gonna give me your numbers or what?

Blair and Janey both looked disgusted as they looked up at an overly confident stranger that had approached them. Janey held her hand up in the air, wiggling her ring finger at the presumptuous man’s face. “Sorry, bud. I’m married.”

Blair held up a different finger. “And I’m not interested. Beat it, loser.”

The rejected stranger huffed at them then scurried off, embarrassed and wounded. Both women watched him scamper and then turned to each other before they both burst out laughing.

And, thus, a close friendship was born.

* * *

Janey came home to find Matt behind their refrigerator.

“Um, honey, you know the food is on the inside…” Janey said, smirking.

“Ha ha,” Matt replied, fiddling with the power cord and dropping it on the ground. He emerged from behind the fridge. “This piece of garbage is leaking water again. I think we need to get the ice maker replaced…again.”

Janey looked down to see that there was a large puddle of water pooling underneath the machine, inches from her feet. “Let’s just replace it finally.”

Matt feigned a laugh, “Ooooh no. I’m gonna get every cent out of this thing before I replace it.” He slapped the side of the large refrigerator. “She’s still got life in her yet.”

“Mm-hm,” Janey nodded, giving him a look as if he were crazy. “Well, now that we’ve personified the ice maker, would you like to hear about my day?”

Matt smiled, “Of course, babe. How was it?”

Well, I got a computer chip implanted at the base of my brain… she thought of saying. Instead, she went with, “It was great — I made a friend!”

Matt’s face lit up, “Hey, that’s always a good sign of a new job.”

“Yeah, I think we’ll be able to keep each other from feeling too overwhelmed by all the intense serious secure hush-hush stuff at this place,” Janey said, which made her mind return to the other friend she made today — the one now residing under her skin. “There’s one other thing…”

Matt held his finger up. “Hold that thought. I need to get the fridge plugged back in before all of our food spoils. I also have to eat something — I’m starving.”

Janey squeezed his hand, “Oh, well, get some food — I can plug the fridge back in.”

“Thanks, hon,” he said, then proceeded to rifle around the cabinets for something. “So, what were you going to tell me?”

Matt turned around to prepare some food at the counter and Janey stepped behind the refrigerator.

It’s amazing to think about all the factors that go into the major events of our lives. Little details and specifics create such large ripples within the fabric of existence — most of it unnoticed. The Jenkins, for example, had never noticed that the cord on their fridge was frayed near its base, causing it to periodically lose power and defrost, thus leaking water. For Janey, had she plugged in the refrigerator from where she had been standing, her life would have played out much differently. Instead, she took a step forward, landing her foot in the puddle of water that the frayed section of the cord also occupied.

Then, Janey plugged in the cord.

A loud pop followed immediately, coupled with a surprised yelp from Janey’s mouth. The lights dimmed and hummed in the kitchen as Janey’s muscles tensed and her teeth chattered. Later, she would recall how hot the fillings in her teeth felt on her tongue. Her head jerked up and down until she felt herself tilted backwards, unable to stop her fall. The counter behind her broke her fall and she was rolled to her side as gravity took control, then sent her tumbling to the ground.

Matt spun around to find her this way — unresponsive.

Janey!” he cried out, rushing to her side.

He didn’t have to panic for too long. By the time he lifted her head up to support her, she was coming to — coughing herself into consciousness.

Are you okay? Janey, answer me!” he said, gently tapping her cheek to bring her fully awake.

“Wha… What happened?” Janey asked, still in a daze.

Janey didn’t know it, but the warmth that was currently pulsing in waves from her head down her spine was a flow of electricity, a digital bath of firing neurons and nerves. The implant was rebooting with slight alterations burned into its structure. The hum in Janey’s ears, which she thought was just from the impact on the floor, was actually the buzzing of rewiring networks, signals looking for a home and finding new pathways throughout her brain.

“Janey, try standing up,” Matt said.

“Yes, sir. Of course, sir,” came Janey’s cheery reply. Janey immediately found the strength to push herself up onto her hands and knees, then finally to her feet. She smiled as she stood next to her attentive husband. “I’m fine — see?” she said, holding her arms out as proof that she was, in fact, fine.

Matt stared at his wife with one eyebrow cocked, a little thrown by her seemingly sarcastic reply. “Do you have any strange feelings in your limbs? Or do you see spots? Or—”

“I’m fine, babe — seriously. Just a little shock is all.”

Matt wasn’t sure. “I dunno…I think you should lie down for a nap or someth—”

“Yes, sir, Of course, sir.”

Matt stood perplexed as Janey walked away, down the hallway, leaving him alone in the kitchen.

What the hell? he thought.

Slowly, and curiously, Matt crept down the hallway behind her. There was a soft rustling sound of movement from their bedroom, which quickly quieted down. Matt stopped and listened. The bedroom was now dead silent. Rounding the corner, he found his and his wife’s bedroom dark and serene. As his eyes adjusted, he stood at the doorway to see Janey curled up in bed.

He almost couldn’t believe it.

Wow, she must’ve really been tired.

He walked softly to her side and placed his hand on her shoulder. “You still feeling okay?”

“Yeah,” she said, “Just thought I’d take a nap.”

Matt nodded in the dark. His eyes hadn’t fully adjusted to the darkness yet, but he thought for a moment that he saw a white piece of tape on the back of her neck. He leaned closer to inspect it. “Okay, it’s just that you left kinda abruptly. Right after I said for you to take a n—”

“I was just more tired than I must’ve realized, I guess. Now go away, you’re botherin’ me,” Janey said playfully, sounding like her usual self. She laughed as she swatted at the air like he was a fly. She rolled over to face him, keeping him from looking closer at her neck. “Just kidding. I love you.”

Matt shrugged his shoulders. “I love you too. Let me know if you need anything.”

He turned around to walk out, but from behind him, Janey answered, “Yes, sir. Of course, sir.”

Matt spun around. “Okay, what is that? What are you doing?” He couldn’t let this go on any longer without an explanation.

Janey sat up in the dark, “What, honey?” She sounded genuinely confused.

“The ‘yes, sir’ thing — why are you saying that?”

Janey stopped and thought hard about his question. Why am I saying that? It just sounded right to her. She couldn’t explain it. Although, she had to admit, Matt was right to be confused — she had never said that before. She found that she just wanted to. After giving it a few seconds of thought, she could only shrug her shoulders and confess, “Maybe I just want to say it…”

Matt laughed, “Well, you gotta stop. Makes me feel like I’m one of those controlling husbands or something.”

Janey smiled and nodded. “I won’t say it anymore.”

“Thanks.” In the end, they hugged. As a joke, Matt said, “Now, go make me a sandwich,” and laughed.

Janey didn’t laugh though. Immediately, Matt feared he had crossed the line and had properly pissed her off. As soon as Matt released his arms, Janey quickly walked out of the bedroom without saying a word.

Good job, idiot, Matt scolded himself. He knew he sometimes had a hard time knowing when to let a joke die, but he honestly didn’t think she would take that comment the wrong way. Clearly, he thought, he was joking. He knew that the silent treatment awaited him tonight. Now the question was: to follow her and apologize or leave her alone and let her cool off. Before he could make his decision, he heard a sound from the kitchen that made him perk his ears up.

Drawers were opening.

Plastic bags were rustling.

Utensils were scraping.

Janey was humming.

Again, Matt found himself cautiously walking down his hallway, unsure of what he was about to walk into. To his amazement, he found Janey working away in the kitchen, stacking tomatoes and lettuce on stacks of ham and turkey, all atop a slice of bread with dijon mustard spread across it. Matt looked a little closer and noticed something else that was curious.

She was smiling.

Her humming continued, as if she were enjoying every second of preparing this sandwich. She finished the stack and took a butcher knife diagonally across the top. Then, she transferred it all to a plate. With beaming pride, she carried the plate to Matt and held it out. “Here you are, dear.”

Matt took the plate, eyeing his wife suspiciously.

“Call me ‘sir’,” he said, testing her reaction.

But, Janey only continued smiling with love and affection.

“Yes, sir. Of course, sir.”

She wandered off to go take a shower, leaving Matt holding his sandwich, blinking and thinking, as his mind reeled.

“What the hell is going on?” he asked the empty kitchen.