The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hypnotherapy

Part Five

Russell was lying in bed waiting to fall asleep.

He couldn’t stop thinking of Mina Sutton.

What else could he do in order to see her? Maybe he could misplace something, then go to her and ask her to help him remember where he’d put it. Mina would put him in a trance, and ask him why he was really there.

Russell imagined himself confessing everything. “When I read your blog I wondered what it would be like to be hypnotized by you,” he’d tell her. “When falling asleep I imagined looking into your eyes. I imagined you putting me under. I imagined you becoming my world.”

“We are therapist and client,” she’d remind him. Mina was always so professional.

“I never truly thought of you as a therapist,” he’d confess. “Every time I saw you, asking you to dinner was on the tip of my tongue. I had to stop myself so many times. That’s just the way I respond to you. I can’t help it.”

How could the real Mina ever look at him as a man instead of as her patient?

Russell fell asleep, his mind filled with daydreams and memories.

* * *

“May I hypnotize you?” the woman asked.

Russell was sitting on the couch in Mina Sutton’s office, and the woman from Phantom was sitting in her chair, facing him.

“May I hypnotize you?” she repeated.

“Yes,” Russell said. She just smiled at him, so he volunteered something, confessed something he’d never admitted before. This was just a dream, after all! “I want you to,” he told her. “I want you to hypnotize me and control my body. I want you to show me how to be your lover. I want you to make me do everything you like.”

She nodded, and her full, teasing lips curled into a smile. “Look into my eyes.”

He leaned forward, and gazed into her lovely dark pools. They were so deep, so dark, so mysterious, so exotic, so unusual. He loved staring into her eyes. He was so glad it didn’t frighten her away.

“Look deeper into my eyes. Deeper, deeper, and deeper. You are feeling very suggestible. Deeper and deeper. When you look into my eyes, you feel extremely suggestible. Deeper and deeper. How do you feel?”

Russell just said the first thing that came to mind. “I feel like I’m being hypnotized.”

“You are being hypnotized,” she said with a smile.

“I am being hypnotized.”

“You can’t help it,” she chanted.

“I can’t help it.”

“You don’t want to help it,” she whispered.

“I don’t want to help it.”

“You’re falling into a trance and there’s nothing you can do about it, nothing you can do to stop it. It is so natural that I hypnotize you. My voice is your home. I belong in your thoughts.”

“You’re in my thoughts,” he whispered back.

“You want me to hypnotize you. You need me to hypnotize you. You love me to hypnotize you.”

“I want you to hypnotize me,” he echoed.

She was grinning. “In a moment, I will snap my fingers. When I do, you will become deeply hypnotized, but your eyes will remain open. You will be focused on me, and you will believe everything I tell you. Do you understand?”

“Yes, mistress.” He didn’t know where that came from, but he knew it was the right thing to say.

She clicked her fingers. He felt a wave of sleepiness pass over him. He blinked, but kept his eyes from closing completely.

The blonde woman was still smiling at him, her eyes still holding his. She had hypnotized him. He was hypnotized. He knew just what it felt like from his sessions with Mina. Her lovely face dominated his vision. His thoughts were focused on her. His mind was like an open book to her. She could read his thoughts, erase them, rewrite them.

Still gazing at him, the woman put her hair up in a ponytail. He liked it better down, but he admitted that she looked sophisticated with it back.

She put on glasses. He could still see the mischief in her two beautiful dark spheres.

She passed her hand in front of his eyes. “Red,” she whispered, and when her hand was gone from his vision he saw her hair color had changed.

Mina Sutton was sitting in front of him, grinning impishly. He was still feeling the magnetic pull of her personality, of her body, of her seductive gaze.

“Mina,” he whispered. “It’s you!”

She laughed as he scooped her up into his arms, put her down on his lap, and kissed her.

She kissed him back, and he knew his destiny was in her kisses.

“It was always you. It has always been you!”

Mina smiled at him.

He picked her up. Somehow, his bedroom was only a few steps away, so he carried her in and lay her down on the bed. She looked splendid, a vision of gothic beauty in her long black dress, the rings on her fingers, her made-up gray eyes.

He lay down beside her and took her in his arms again. She smiled all the more.

“You’re the one I want,” he told her.

“Come get me,” she said. She titled her head to kiss him.

* * *

Russell woke up gasping.

He rolled over onto his back.

It was Mina all along. Mina was the woman from Phantom.

Did she know?

How could she know?

He glanced at the alarm clock. It wasn’t set to go off for five more minutes.

He’d woken up early?

Mina was the woman he’d been daydreaming about all this time.

Why had it taken him so long to realize this?

Russell went to the office and booted up Mina’s web site. There she was, the tiny picture, the image with the red hair and caring eyes that he’d first noticed.

When he’d quit AA, he’d looked for other ways to help him stop drinking. He remembered looking up local hypnotherapists and seeing her picture for the first time. She was gorgeous, and he’d been enamored. He’d read her writings, and knew she had a fascinating personality. If I’m going to let someone get inside my head, he’d thought, it may as well be a gorgeous woman!

All this time, he’d been falling in love with his old crush.

Russell downloaded the picture and doubled the size. It didn’t help much. The picture devolved into squares the larger he made it.

But he saw it. Change the hair from red to blonde, and it was the same woman. Probably.

Yesterday had been their last session. On the way home he’d kept trying to think of excuses to continue visiting her. Now the last thing he wanted was for her to think of him as a patient.

What could he do?

He’d never seen her wear a wedding ring. But she could have a boyfriend.

Well, if he was wrong, he’d apologize.

He heaved out the phone book and looked for the number of a local florist.

* * *

Andie buzzed her. “Ms. Sutton? You’ll want to come see this.”

Mina was just finishing lunch, and emerged from her office. Her eyes settled on Andie’s desk, and it took her a moment to remember to close her mouth.

It was enormous. She’d never seen a bouquet that big. They were roses — red, white, and pink — in an enormous purple vase. It was complimented by elegant green leaves. There were ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty-five, thirty, thirty-six.

Who had got her thirty-six roses? She’d need help carrying it into her office.

It was glorious. It was tied with a black ribbon, and smelled fresh and pure like a well-kept flower garden.

She’d never received a gift like this in her life.

“Who?”

Andie shrugged. “I’m wondering that myself. There is a card, though.”

Mina walked around the vase — it seemed to take a long time — and saw a little card nestled among the blooming flowers.

She opened it. The card featured only three words:

TO PHANTOM GIRL.

Girl? She was 36!

Who would call her “Phantom girl”?

Russell. It had to be Russell. How did he know? She’d told him to forget.

She’d made him forget one of the happiest moments of her life. It had been beautiful. It had been tragic. It couldn’t happen again.

The roses were stunning. They were wonderful. But she couldn’t date him. Dammit!

“Um, will you help me get this into my office?” she asked the receptionist.

* * *

Andie buzzed her again at 4:10 that afternoon. Mina didn’t even bother answering. She just emerged.

There he was. He was holding another bouquet of flowers in one hand and a heart-shaped box in the other.

“Russell—” she began, but he’d already traversed the reception area to her. He dropped the gifts on the chairs.

“Russell, I can’t—” she tried, and then he was kissing her.

It felt so good. He was holding her and she was in his arms, and he tasted so good and smelled so good. One hand was on her waist, the other behind her head. He felt so safe, and without thinking she started to slide her arms around him. Ack!

She pulled away. “We can’t do this!” She meant to use her authoritative voice, but the words came out sounding like she was pleading with him.

“Yes, we can,” he said, his wonderful brown eyes boring into hers.

“I’m your therapist!” she managed.

“You’re fired,” he told her, and kissed her again. She kissed back automatically, and had to make a conscious effort to stop. Oh, it was almost painful! It was even better than yesterday. Every part of her wanted to go to him. Why did she have to stop what she wanted so much?

“Therapists and their clients—” she began.

“I’m not your client anymore.”

“Relationships aren’t good for recovering alcoholics.”

“You’re a hypnotherapist. I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“When did you find out?”

“That you’re a hypnotherapist? I saw your web site. I chose you because I read your blogs, and you seemed so alive. I thought you’d be someone I could trust. Also, your picture was gorgeous.”

“No, that we met at Phantom?”

“I realized it was you this morning.”

“But I told you to forget,” she said lamely.

“You knew? For how long?”

“Yesterday,” Mina confessed. “When you were under, I asked you what kind of woman you wanted. You described me perfectly. Me from that cab ride ten years ago.”

“But you couldn’t tell me because I was your patient.”

She nodded.

Russell stared into her gray eyes. “And you hypnotized me to forget it.”

She nodded again, waiting, horrified, for his reaction.

Astonishingly, he laughed. “You little witch!” he exclaimed, and kissed her again. His lips felt so natural touching hers!

“You’re not mad?”

“No. One reason I want to be with you is because you’re so ethical. Just don’t do it again.”

“Okay.” His kisses took her breath away.

“Come to dinner with me,” he urged.

“I can’t.”

“Andie, is she free for the rest of the evening?” Russell asked, his gaze never leaving Mina’s face.

“Sure is,” came Andie’s voice.

As Mina stood there breathlessly, Russell put the chocolates and the roses in her office, then seized her hand and dragged her to his car. Mina managed one glance over her shoulder, and saw Andie grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Russell opened his car door for her and ushered her in. She couldn’t believe she was going along with this — but he was already in the driver’s seat. He reached across her, fastened her seatbelt, kissed her lips, then buckled in himself. He started the car, and they were off.

Why am I going along with this, she wondered. I’m a hypnotist. I have a trigger for him. I’m in charge.

I can’t trigger him when he’s driving.

“Can you stop thinking of me as your patient and start thinking of me as your friend?” Russell asked.

She opened her mouth to lie, but she couldn’t. “It’s been hard not to.”

“It’s been impossible not to,” Russell agreed. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for all your help, and I don’t feel the slightest urge to drink any more. But you’ve got to believe me when I tell you that I want to be with you, and it’s not a replacement for the alcohol. It never made me happy the way that you do. It never touched my soul the way you do. It never got inside my head the way you do. It was a stain on my life. You’re not a stain. My life was a desert, and you’re the rain.”

She leaned back in the seat, resting her head on the headrest.

“You hit me like a thunderbolt, and I feel alive for the first time,” Russell continued, and pulled the car into a parking space. Before she even knew what hit her, he’d leapt out, ran around the car, and helped her out.

She gaped again. They were at the Drake Hotel.

Russell somehow slipped her arm through his, and walked her up the steps to the front doors. “Wait a moment,” he said, turning to face her. He slid his arms around her neck, then pulled a few pins... and her hair was free.

He ran his hands through it — ooh, his touch was delightful — and let it tumble over her shoulders, covering her ears.

“I’ve been wanting to do that for so long,” he said, and kissed her again. It was over too quickly for her to decide whether to kiss back or pull away, but before she had even processed that he’d taken her hand and guided her inside. The restaurant was only a few paces away.

It was fabulously decorated, and with a shudder Mina realized she was terribly underdressed. All the men, including Russell, wore suits. Most of the women wore dresses. She was wearing work clothes, the business casual she always wore to the office.

“I’m not dressed right,” she managed.

Russell kissed her, and this time she responded — a little. “You are the most beautiful woman in the world.

“Hawkins and Sutton,” he told the Maitre D’.

“Right this way, monsieur,” the man replied, and guided them to a table for two on the second floor. They had a glorious view the setting sun over the lake.

“Your waiter will be here with your wine list,” the Maitre D’ proclaimed.

Russell thanked him politely. “Not that I need the wine list,” he confided to her.

Mina shuddered. “Wine is the last thing I need! Russell, we can’t be here. This can’t work out.”

He was gazing at her, and she’d always wanted someone to look at her that way. “Mina, ever since the first moment I saw you I’ve felt drawn to you,” he confessed. “That night in the cab ride it took all my willpower to stop myself from kissing you. I remember the way you looked at me — you wanted me to kiss you too. Am I right?”

She nodded breathlessly.

“I’ve never felt this kind of chemistry with anyone,” Russell told her. “When we were in therapy, I felt flashes of it, but neither one of us gave in and I thought I was imagining it. I don’t want to fight it anymore. You’re good for me. Tell me how I can be good for you too.”

Mina stood up and fled.

To Be Continued