The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hand Off—Jenny

Note: My thanks to Wiseguy for letting me play in the Hand Off world.

viii Marc

It was a call Jenny didn’t want to make but she knew she had to. She picked up the phone and put it down again. She picked up the phone and she punched in the number.

One ring, then two. Maybe he won’t be in, Jenny told herself but then she heard the voice on the other end of the line. “Hey, Jenny,” the man said. “How’s it going?”

“Not too bad for me,” Jenny said, “but, um, we need to talk.”

The man’s voice changed as he picked up the tone of Jenny’s voice. “Oh? That sounds serious. What about?”

Jenny bit her lip. She didn’t really want to say what she was about to say, but there was no other way to say it. “I’ll let you know when I see you,” she said.

* * *

They’d agreed to meet for breakfast. Jenny was already waiting at the cafe when Sam showed up with someone else. “From what you told me,” he said, “I thought it might be a good idea to bring Audrey.”

Audrey knew about the power. Sam had told Jenny that much and Jenny liked Audrey. Still, this was a really sensitive issue. This was about her friend and what she wanted to do to help her out, but then Jenny realized she would be glad to get another opinion and she nodded.

The three of them ordered the meal and then Sam settled down to business. He looked around him and then he said, “So you said over the phone you wanted to ask me something about the power.”

“It’s more of advice really,” Jenny began. “You see, I’ve got this friend ...”

Ten minutes later, the story was out. “So let me get this straight,” Sam said. “You’ve got this roommate. She’s pregnant. She wants to keep the kid but the father wants nothing to do with her or with the kid and you want to know what to do. Is that about it?”

Jenny nodded. “I mean, I know I could touch him—”

“And you could make him be there for her.”

“But I’m not sure that’s the right thing to do. Or maybe I could just make him want to pay child support.”

“Yep, you could do that, too.”

“You’re a lot of help,” Jenny said.

Sam shook his head. “I don’t know these people. You do. It sounds like you’ve got the right options in your head. I could probably offer a few more but I can’t tell you what to do. Hmmm. That’s interesting. I was wondering what would happen if you touched a pregnant woman. Would the kid pick up the ... the what would you call it. Would the kid pick up on whatever it was you wanted to convey?”

“You think maybe I shouldn’t use the power on Cindy then.”

“I didn’t say that,” Sam said. “I was just wondering.”

“So what should I do then?”

Up until that moment, Audrey had said nothing but that was about to change. “In the end, you can’t really make someone do what they don’t want to do.” Audrey laughed as she caught both Sam and Jenny staring at her. “You know what I mean. You can make Marc love Cindy. From what Sam and Joe have told me, I have no doubt about that. You can make them get married but what if Marc’s a lousy father. What if Cindy finds someone she loves even more. What if this happens after you don’t have the power anymore and you can’t undo what you’ve already done.

Sam was nodding with every point Audrey made.

“You want my advice, as much as you want to help, I’d stay out of it. Be there for your friend. Help her out if you can but don’t try to force the issue. If it’s meant to be, then let it happen. If it’s not meant to be, then don’t interfere.”

* * *

Audrey’s words were still ringing in Jenny’s ears but Jenny figured there had to be something she could do.

There just had to be something.

The flags were standing almost straight up as Jenny sat there in her car. She knew what Sam and Audrey had said. She’d heard them but in the end, she hadn’t paid attention.

She got out of her car and stepped over the boundary of the car lot. She felt a small charge of electricity go through her. It was almost as if setting one foot on the premises had been enough to sound off alarms and at this very moment, hordes of commission-hungry salesmen were at converging on her very spot.

But no one came, at least not right away. A man in a grey suit glanced her way but he was already engaged in a conversation with another man about a truck. Another man scurried in the direction of what obviously was the office but he didn’t pay her any attention either, and yet, Jenny couldn’t help but feel that even at this moment, she was being watched.

She walked into the office and found a receptionist. Her hair had long since gone gray but she looked at home behind the circular desk. “Can I help you, honey,” she asked when Jenny came in.

“I’m looking for Marc Marshall,” Jenny said.

“I believe he went out on a test ride with a customer,” the receptionist said, “but I can page him if you want, or if you want, perhaps one of the other salesmen can help you.”

“No, I’d like to talk with Marc please.”

“Of course.” The receptionist tapped a button on her keyboard. “Marc Marshall,” she said and her voiced echoed over the PA system. “Marc Marshall, please report to the receptionist.”

The lady unkeyed the microphone and she looked at Jenny almost as if she expected another request but Jenny had already made her request. “Thanks,” she said.

The woman nodded and she went back to the magazine she’d been reading.

After five minutes, the receptionist looked at Jenny. “It doesn’t look like Marc is here. Are you sure I can’t get one of the other salesmen to help you?”

Jenny shook her head. “No thank you. I’ll wait.”

The woman gave a shrug that said suit yourself and once again, she buried herself in her magazine.

Meanwhile, Jenny busied herself by looking at the cars in the showroom. She’d love to have a new car but she realized there was a limit to her powers. She could touch a salesman and maybe she could get him to make her a ridiculously good offer, but then there’d be his manager who’d have to approve the deal, and even if she managed to get the two of them to agree that she should get a car for pennies on the dollar, there’d be a record of who she was. People would wonder why she got the car as cheaply as she did and in the end, she’d draw just the kind of attention she wanted to avoid so as much as she might want one, she wasn’t going to use the power to get one.

Twenty minutes later, a man came in onto the showroom floor. The receptionist looked up. “Marc,” she said. “This lady’s here to see you.”

The man stopped and turned. He had sandy hair and a rugged face and a quick smile. Yeah, Jenny thought. This guy could do well at a pick-up bar. She could see why Cindy had fallen for him.

Jenny could see the man trying to place a name to her face but of course, that wasn’t going to happen. The man grinned disarmingly. “I’m sorry,” he said, “but I can’t place your name.”

Jenny smiled. “We’ve never met. I came on behalf of my friend, Cindy Evans.”

That caused the man to pull up short. “I’m sorry,” he said. “It’s a terrible thing what happened to her, but I assure you, I’m not the father of her kid.”

Jenny cursed herself for jumping the gun. He was still too far away to touch and now he was suspicious of her. She needed to handle those suspicions first. “Relax,” Jenny said. “She doesn’t even know I’m here and I doubt she’d want me to be talking to you now.”

The man’s eyes scanned Jenny’s face and Jenny had the feeling she’d at least passed one test. “So what are you doing here,” Marc said finally.

“You know she’s keeping her baby, don’t you?”

Marc nodded.

“She intends to raise the kid on her own. Did you know that?”

Marc shook his head.

“To be fair, I have to tell you. I don’t know you from Adam but she’s my friend, so I want to do what’s right by her. I can’t tell you if she’s going to go for child support or anything like that, but I wanted to talk with you before I told her what I thought she should do.”

“What are you asking me?”

“You know she says you’re the father. She says it can’t be anyone else. If she goes for child support, she’s going to say the same thing to the court.”

The man was beginning to look a little nervous. “Yeah, so.”

“So what would you do if she did that? Would you fight it.”

The man’s voice was low but there was no doubt behind the intensity of his reply. “Hell yeah, I’d fight it. I’m not going to pay any child support.”

Jenny smiled. “That’s what I wanted to know,” she said. She stepped forward and in that instant, she put her hand on his arm. “Why don’t you get a key for that little, silver Focus on the front of the lot and then you can follow me out onto the lot where we can talk a little more privately.”

That was all it took. Jenny released her hold on the man’s arm and then she walked past him. She didn’t have to look back at him to know that his face was losing that blank look it had gotten and she didn’t have to watch him go into the office and get the keys she’d asked for because she already knew he was doing it.

He showed up on the lot a few minutes later.

“Did you bring the keys,” Jenny asked even though she already knew the answer.

Marc held them up.

“Let’s get inside then.”

“So you don’t have any intention of helping Cindy out, do you,” Jenny asked again when the two of them were inside.

“Why should I? The kid’s not mine.”

“You sound sure of yourself. Would you be willing to put that to a test. How about you take a paternity test?”

“Not really.”

“Why not?”

The man shrugged. “That’s easy, isn’t it. The kid isn’t mine so why should I take a paternity test?”

“But you could prove it wasn’t yours.”

The man grinned. “I don’t have to prove it. I already know.”

Jenny shook her head. The man was good. She had to give him that. She believed her friend and yet he sounded so convincing that she wondered if Cindy might have been mistaken. Fortunately for her, there was a way to find out what really happened. Jenny reached out and she put a hand on the man’s arm. “I want you to tell me the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”

She released her hold on the man’s arm and she watched as the man’s face returned to normal.

“Now tell me the truth,” Jenny said with a smile. “Are you the father of Condy’s baby?”

“I don’t know.”

That answer surprised her until she realized that from his way of looking at it, that probably was the truest answer. After all, without a paternity test, he really couldn’t say for sure. “But you could be the father, right?”

“Sure. We had sex. I could be the father but I just don’t know.”

The man looked confused, almost as if he couldn’t believe he was saying what he was saying but Jenny wasn’t about to let up on him. “You had unprotected sex, right?”

“Yes.”

“Why the hell did you do that?”

The man shrugged. “Because condoms are a pain in the ass,” he said finally.

“So you had unprotected sex. What a dumb fuck. Do you do this with other girls?”

“Sure. All the time.”

“Why do you do that?”

“Because women are stupid. You can pretty much tell them anything and if you do it right, they’ll spread their legs for you, no questions asked.”

Jenny stared at the man. She wondered if the asshole actually thought what he was saying was true but she’d told him to tell her the truth. He had to think it was true.

Fucking ass hole, she thought. Something ought to be done about him and his fucking arrogant ways.

“Tell me something. I’ll bet you’re the type of guy who likes to brag, aren’t you?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I’ll bet you pick a girl up in the bar, I’ll bet you like to come into work and tell all your buddies how well you scored. Ain’t that so.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“You guess? You can do better than that. Remember, you have to tell me the truth.”

“Yeah, I like to brag.”

“So did you brag after fucking my friend, Cindy.”

“Yeah.”

Jenny touched the man’s arm. “Here’s what you’re going to do. You’re going to get all your friends together, all the ones you told about my friend, Cindy, and you’re going to tell them you picked up this really hot girl. You’re going to tell them she wants to fuck you and all your friends and if they want in on the action, they’ll be at your place tonight. You’re going to watch them all fuck me but you’re not going to be able to do it yourself. In fact, you’re not going to be able to get it up. You got that?”

Jenny waited and then she realized she still had her hand on the man’s arm so there was no way he could respond until she let go of his arm.

“Hey,” the man said. “I got an idea. You seem to want to know how I operate. Why don’t you come over to my apartment tonight and you can see the Marcster in action.”

Oh my God, Jenny thought. Did he just call himself the Marcster. Did girls actually fall for crap like that. But ... “Sounds like fun,” she said, “but you know what would be even more fun?”

“What’s that?”

“You invite a bunch of your buddies over and the whole lot of you all fuck my brains out. How’s that sound?”

Marc grinned. “Sounds great, babe. You know, I knew there was something I liked about you.”

“So we’ll meet at your place tonight then.”

“Count on it.”

“I can’t wait,” Jenny told the man. “I can’t wait.”

It was a quarter to eight when Jenny finally showed up at Marc’s apartment. There were already three other guys there when Jenny arrived. “I thought you said we weren’t going to get the party started until eight.”

“I thought we’d get the party started early,” Marc said. “You don’t mind, do you.”

It wasn’t a question. It was a statement. Jenny looked at the men gathered around her and then she smiled. “Hell no,” she said. “I don’t mind. Only—”

“Only what?”

“Only I got to wonder if you got enough guys here to keep me fucked like I need to be fucked.”

Marc looked at the other guys. “What did I tell you guys? Is this girl hot or what?”

The other men seemed to be in definite agreement with that.

“I suppose there’s only one way to see if you boys got what I need,” Jenny said. “I think you boys need to take off your pants.”

“What,” said a stocky young man who Jenny would later learn was named Colin.

“You heard me,” said Jenny. “You boys show me your cocks. I want to see your naked bodies. If you show me yours, I’ll show you mine.”

“I’m game,” said a big, white guy whose name was Walt. He was already loosening the belt around his waist.

The lone black man in the room looked at the others and then he shrugged. “I’m in, too, I guess.”

“Well come on,” Jenny said. “I haven’t got all day. Show me what you guys got. Come on. Move it.”

Walt, of course, needed no encouragement, but the others hesitated just a bit, each trying to make sure he wasn’t going to somehow be made a fool of if he took off his clothes but after that initial reluctance, the others started to move and soon, there were four men there, three with nicely hardened cocks and one who was struggling to catch up.

With the men having removed their clothes, Jenny had her end of the bargain to keep although truth be told, she would have removed her clothes even if there hadn’t been a bargain. After all, she was horny and there was cock there to fuck so what the hell was a girl like her supposed to do.

If anything, three cocks seemed to get even harder as Jenny removed her clothes and one didn’t.

Four men were lined up and watching her so none of them could see the others as a naked Jenny stepped forward. She put a hand on Colin’s cock even as she let her other hand roam free over his body. “You guys are going to fuck me,” she said. “You guys are going to fuck me good.”

Her hand released its hold on Colin’s dick and she watched his face return to normal before she moved on down the line.

She grabbed hold of Walt’s cock and she watched his face go blank. “I know you. You were ready to go first thing. I know you’re going to fuck me good,” and with that, she moved on down the line.

She grabbed Bobby’s cock. “I know you’re going to fuck me good, too,” she told the black man.

Finally, she came to Marc. His dick just kind of hung there. It was clear he wanted to get himself hard but he wasn’t succeeding. She wrapped her hand around what he had but she didn’t say anything. You’re a wimp, she thought. If anything, his cock seemed to get even softer.

Jenny stepped back and she looked at the four men. “Now.” she said, “the only thing we got to figure out is which one of you guys is going to fuck me first.”

Three hands went up and one hand stayed down. Jenny eeny, meeny, miny moed her way down the line of three guys but she’d already made up her mind who was going to get to fuck her first. There was, after all, an advantage to being ready to go when no one else was so she pulled Walt out of the line. “So tell me,” she asked, “how would you like to fuck me.”

The man was looking her over. “How about you let me fuck you in the ass,” he said.

Jenny laughed. “Easy there, stud. I like the way you think and there may be time for that later, but I was thinking more about the pussy for now.”

“Oh.” The man turned her part way around and his hands stroked her butt. He turned her the rest of the way and once again, his hands went after her ass. Jenny could feel the man slide a hand between her cheeks and it made her shiver. “You sure we can’t do this.”

There was part of Jenny that wanted to give in but she held firm. “Maybe later,” she said again.

“Well then if that’s the way it is, bend over.”

Jenny could feel the hands on her waist as she bent herself over and moments later, she felt something else. “Oh fuck, God, yes,” she moaned as her wet, little pussy took the length of the man in just one thrust. “Oh God, yeah. Fuck me. Fuck me.”

The man didn’t say anything. He just kept working his cock back and forth between her legs and Jenny continued to moan.

Jenny liked this. She liked the way that cock felt when it slid between her legs. She liked the way it felt when he shoved it hard between her legs.

She looked over at where the other men were standing and she almost laughed. It wasn’t Colin or Bobby that had amused them. The two of them were standing there stroking their cocks and that was all well and good. No, it wasn’t Colin or Bobby. It was Marc. He was still struggling to get his cock hard.

Fortunately for her, there was a cock between her legs that was more than able to recapture her attention. She moaned again as that cock fucked her.

“Yeah, little girl likes this,” Walt said. “Little girl likes getting fucked by my cock.”

“Yeah,” Jenny moaned.

“Yeah, what,” the man taunted. “Yeah, I like getting fucked by your cock.”

The man slapped her ass. “That’s what I want to hear. Tell me you want to feel my cum.”

“I want to feel your cum,” Jenny moaned.

“Tell me again. Tell me you want to feel my cum.”

“I want to feel your cum,” Jenny moaned.

The man seemed to be on the verge of saying something again but at the last minute, he just stopped. His cock stroked her pussy again and then once more and the man grunted as the cum started to flow.

Jenny just stood there, bent over at the waist and panting hard as the cum continued to flow. She’d never been fucked like this before but she was finding she liked it. Of course, what with what the power was doing to her, there didn’t seem to be any sexual position that she didn’t like.

Walt’s cock seemed to have finished up with her, at least for now. The flow from him had died down to next to nothing and his cock was losing some of its hardness. Jenny could feel herself sliding forward and then she was pulling free from his cock. Oh god, she thought. Oh god. Her pussy just felt so full.

She cupped a hand between her legs even as she turned herself around and let herself drop her body down on the couch. She spread her legs even as she looked up at Colin and Bobby. “I hope you boys aren’t too intimidated,” she said, “but that’s one heck of an act to follow. So who’s next,” she asked. “You,” she asked looking at Bobby, “or maybe it’s you,” she said, looking at Colin.

Jenny wasn’t sure if the guys had somehow made some unspoken agreement or if Colin just got there first but she didn’t much care. All she knew was Colin was sliding in between her legs and he was offering up his cock to her. “I guess I’ll take you now.”

Jenny might have said something but all that came out instead was a quick, “Oh fuck,” as the man shoved his cock between her legs.

“So you like this,” the man said as he stuck her with his cock yet again.

“Yeah, I like it,” the girl moaned.

“So I’ll bet you’ll like it when I do this,” Colin said even as he shoved harder between her legs.

“Oh yeah,” the girl moaned. “Oh yeah. I like it.”

She hadn’t even noticed Bobby take a seat next to her on the couch but she definitely noticed him when he put one of his hands on her tits. “You like that, huh?”

She turned to look at the man. She was going to say something but instead he kissed her. She’d never kissed a black man before but even as she did, she felt the man squeeze her nipple and she just couldn’t help herself. She kissed him back.

“You like that, don’t you?”

“Oh yeah,” Jenny moaned. Her hand seemed to find its way almost naturally between the man’s legs and then she was wrapping her hand around his member. “I can’t wait until I get this inside me,” she said.

But there was still the cock in her pussy and Colin was making sure she didn’t forget it. His cock fucked her hard and the girl moaned as once again, he had her attention. “You like this, don’t you? Don’t you? You like this cock.”

“Yeah,” Jenny moaned. “Yeah, I love it.”

“Oh God,” the man moaned. “Oh God. Oh fuck. Oh God. Oh yeah. Here it comes. Here it comes. Oh fuck. Here it comes.”

Jenny didn’t have to be told. She could feel that cock swell inside her cunt and then she could feel it surge inside her and she was moaning right along with the man. She really loved when she got her pussy fucked really good.

Her hand continued to stroke Bobby’s cock even as Colin’s continued to stroke the inside of her cunt. Oh God, that was good. Oh God, that was good. Oh fuck, she loved it. She loved getting her pussy fucked. She loved it so fucking much.

But that cock was done at least for now. The man pulled back but still that left one more cock for Jenny.

Jenny climbed up onto Bobby and she let her hand slide between her legs. She wrapped her hand around his member and she rubbed the head of it against her lips. “You want this,” she asked. “You want to fuck this pussy.”

The man didn’t answer her, at least not with words. Instead he reached up and he grabbed hold of one of her tits and he gave it a squeeze. “I think you know what I want,” he said.

“You think so,” Jenny teased.

The man pinched one of her nipples. “Yeah, I think you know what I want.”

Jenny wasn’t much in the mood for teasing. “I think you’re right,” she said and with that, she shoved herself down on the man’s cock. “How about it,” she asked. “Do you think I got it right. Do you think I guessed what you wanted?”

“Yeah,” the man groaned. “Yeah, I think you got it.”

Jenny smiled as her pussy settled into a nice pace on that cock. “Not yet, I haven’t,” she said. “I haven’t got it yet, but I intend to.”

The man groaned. There was no doubt what the girl meant.

Jenny moaned as the man pinched her nipple yet again. She was quickly coming to the decision that she liked having her nipples pinched.

The man grinned up at her. “You like that, don’t you. You like having your nipples pinched, don’t you?”

“Yeah,” Jenny groaned.

“Yeah? So does that mean you’re going to cum for me? Does that mean you’re going to cum on my cock? Hmmm?”

“Yeah.”

And that was when Jenny felt it. It was a hand really. That was all it was. It was a hand on her ass and then she felt something else. That was a dick and it was slipping between her cheeks and Jenny didn’t have to turn and look to know that Walt had come back for seconds.

She could feel him pressing himself up against her ass. Her ass was resisting but Jenny knew that wasn’t going to last for long. Already, she could feel Walt’s cock getting its way and the girl moaned. Two cocks. She’d never had that. She’d never wanted that, but now, it just seemed so right.

She was filled with cock. She couldn’t even move. She wanted to but she couldn’t. She was wedged between them like some kind of Jenny sandwich. It was up for them to fuck her and that was exactly what they were doing and all the while, Bobby was playing with her tits.

She knew she wouldn’t last long and she didn’t want to. The more she thought about it, the more she knew. She wanted to be fucked. She wanted them to make her cum.

Walt slapped her ass. “You like this,” he asked. “You like getting fucked like this?”

“I love it,” she moaned.

Walt slapped her ass again. “I’ll bet you do. Marc was right about you. You really are one hot, little slut.”

Jenny might have disagreed with him calling her that but with a cock in her pussy and one in her butt, she really couldn’t muster the energy it took to deny it.

So she just stayed where she was and took it. First the cock in her pussy would take her and then the one in her behind and back and forth it went until finally the both of them had had their way with her.

Jenny was tired and spent by the time the three men let up on her but in the end, she still outlasted them. Jenny watched them leave and only after the last one had gone did she came up to Marc and she touched him on the arm and she watched his face go blank.

“Remember how I told you you were going to tell me the truth? Well for the next ... for next year, you’re going to be telling the truth not just to me but you’re going to be telling it to everyone. And while we’re at it, for the next year, let’s make sure you don’t get any girls pregnant. For the next year, the only time you can cum is when you’re alone. Heck, for the next year, you’re not even going to be hard when you’re around a pretty woman.

Jenny relaxed her hold on the man’s arm. “I think I’ll be going,” she said, “because if I’m right,” and here she let her hand wander between the man’s legs. There was nothing hard there.

“If I’m right,” she continued, “you’ve got nothing here to keep me here,” and with that, Jenny walked out his door.

* * *

It was late by the time Jenny returned home. She was tired and her pussy was full of cum. It had been a very good night.

The lights were off in Bella’s bedroom and in the common parts of the apartment but from Cindy’s side, Jenny could see a light coming from under the door. What the hell was her friend doing up at this hour.

She hadn’t meant to approach as quietly as she did but she was tired and besides, she was sleeping in Cindy’s room, too. She was tired. She needed to go to sleep.

And then she pulled up short. What the fuck?

Cindy was there on her bed. She was really showing now and she was playing with her big, full tits but that wasn’t what got Jenny’s attention. It was the man that was face down between her legs. That was what had her attention.

Cindy’s eyes were closed and she moaned over and over again. The man, it seemed, was either quite good at what he was doing or he was quite at home between Cindy’s legs or he was both.

Cindy was moaning louder now.

The little slut, Jenny thought. Here she was trying to get her friend a daddy for her kid and the girl was out there getting some guy to eat her pussy out and the worst part about it was she seemed to be enjoying it. In fact, she seemed to like it a lot.

“Oh geez,” she moaned. “Oh geez. Eat me. Eat me.”

She gasped as the man obviously hit a good spot. Her fingers twisted in his hair. “Oh God, baby. Oh God. That’s it. That’s it. Eat my pussy. Eat it. Make me cum.”

She didn’t say much after that. She was too busy cumming after that.

Cindy opened her eyes and she saw her friend but Jenny put a finger to her lips. She could see the guy was getting up. He still hadn’t seen her but she now recognized him. It was Steve, her would-be tutor. He was bending Cindy over and he was fucking her from behind and Cindy was moaning all over again.

Jenny watched right up to the point where the two of them came and then she quietly let herself out of the bedroom. She’d get herself a Coke from the refrigerator and wait for them out there.

It was fifteen minutes later when Cindy and Steve came out. “So how long’s this been going on,” Jenny asked.

Cindy shrugged. “About three or four months,” Cindy said. “After you introduced us, we just kind of got together and we kind of hit it off. You were off doing other things and you know, one thing led to another, and ... you don’t mind, do you?”

“Mind,” Jenny said. “Why should I mind.”

“I was worried you would mind. You’re sure you don’t mind.”

Jenny smiled. “I’m just glad you’re happy,” she said and from the way Cindy touched Steve’s arm and from the way she looked at him, Jenny knew she was.

Jenny’d almost added one thing more. She’d almost touched her friend and she’d almost said “Be happy, together.” Almost, but not quite. Audrey was right. She wanted her friend to be happy but if she’d tried to force the issue, if she’d tried to force her to be with that jerk Marc, if she’d tried to do that, she would have hurt her friend. She hoped Cindy and Steve would be happy together, but she knew even with the power, that wasn’t her call to make.