The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Guardian

Chapter 2

Disclaimer: The following is a work of fiction. All characters mentioned in this story are above the age of 18.

* * *

The window shouldn’t be open.

It was possible that one of the slaves had simply opened the window without thought. Maybe they’d decided the room was too stifling with the fire going. But just as quickly as Ellie had seized that explanation, she realized it was unlikely. Rules are rules; only Master and Ellie are allowed to tamper with any potential entrances to the house. And to his slaves, Master’s rules are as undefiable as the laws of gravity. They weren’t capable of disobeying them, even though an idle mistake. The tenants of the house had been hammered into each slave’s subconscious.

Ellie stared at the open window, her heartbeat picking up with each second. There was an intruder in the house. She wanted to find comfort in some less foreboding explanation, but there was none. The window hadn’t been open on her last sweep. None of the other slaves could have done it. Master was in danger. Ellie attempted to convince herself that it was too quick to make that conclusion, but her instincts were telling her otherwise. That intuition that whispers in your ear when danger lurks was speaking to her now. Ellie knew not to ignore it.

“Master.” Ellie spoke in her mind, trying to rouse her Master through their connection. She didn’t get an answer. She wished she knew more about their bond. Could she even speak to him while he was asleep? She’d never tried it before. If she screamed in her own mind, would that be enough to rouse him? Ellie felt like a kid who hadn’t studied, and was now caught unprepared by a pop quiz.

Meanwhile, the window was still open. She was wasting time. She ought to go to Master and stand guard by his side. If she was right, then he was in danger. If she was wrong, then she’d simply be by his side when he awoke.

Ellie walked delicately out the door, trying to mimic the pace of someone who wasn’t in the throes of panic. Hurried steps would draw attention. Remain calm and whoever had broken in would think they were undetected.

“You’ve got a hunter’s instincts, alright,” Master had told her after Ellie had described how she’d gotten so close to killing him. Three months tracking him across the globe, a week staking out his then-residence off the coast of Croatia, an hour to gain entry undetected, and three inches from ending his life. “Now that you’re mine, you’ll put those skills to much better uses, won’t you my girl?”

“Ye-Yes, Master,” Ellie had gasped. Forming sentences had been a struggle. Master’s lips were gliding across at the back of her neck, his teeth tantalizingly close to her artery. He’d held her breasts in his hands. That had been the first full night together. Master had been eager to play with his new toy, and Ellie—still basking in the novelty of her enslavement—had been so focused on the attention he was paying to her body, she hadn’t noticed he’d been paying her a complement.

Ellie stopped in the hallway. Any intruder that could get through a second-floor window undetected wouldn’t be foolish enough to betray their entry by leaving the window open. If it was her old Order, then such a sloppy mistake was beyond them. A more ominous thought surfaced in her head; the window was a trap.

Or a faint, or a bluff, or a test. It could have been a lot of things, but the one thing Ellie decided it wasn’t, was an error by an experienced assassin. Whoever it was, had wanted her to find the window. The question for Ellie now, was why?

”Master, please wake up. I think… I think there’s someone here.”

Ellie was again greeted by silence. Master would have known what to do. She envied his composure in a crisis like this. Ellie remembered her own attempt on his life. Despite how close she’d come, he never flinched or expressed even an ounce of fear. She’d hated his coolness in the moment, but after he’d converted her, she’d marveled at it. Just another trait that made her Master perfect.

‘Master needs you now!’ she screamed in her own head, this time at herself. It was a half-hearted attempt to steel her will for what was about to come. ‘He trusted you to keep watch while the sun is up. Your purpose is to protect him.’

“I’m sure the day will come, my little watch dog, when your old Order strikes at me again,” Master had once whispered in her ear, in a tone meant more for seducing than instructing. “No doubt, your forced defection will only spur them on. When that day arrives, you will stop them.”

‘You will stop them.’ Those words stuck in her memory. Master had probably meant it as encouragement, but it was more comforting to interpret it as command. Zero room for ambiguity, Master had ordered her to protect him. It didn’t matter if she doubted herself, Master demanded she be up to the task. Whoever it was, she only had to keep them occupied until sunset.

“Master!” She called out, this time audibly. Again, it went unanswered.

Ellie hurtled down the steps and turned left at the base. The echoes on the marble were less calming now. The window was a trick, she was sure. The intruder had left it there for her to find, and Ellie thought she knew why. Her defensive measure had held up. Whoever had penetrated the house, had entered in the furthest wing from Master’s room. They didn’t know where he slept. Any recon they may have done would have been from the outside and at a distance. So they’d left that clue, hoping that Ellie would panic and lead them where they needed to go.

Which was exactly what she was doing.

“Master, wake up!” Ellie screeched, letting the nerves she was feeling infect her voice. She sprinted down the hall at top speed to help sell the act.

In truth, it wasn’t an act. She’d never been so nervous in her life. The moment she’d prepared for was finally here. Failure or success here would define the rest of her life, which may only last a few more minutes anyway. Ellie strained her ears to make out any footsteps behind her, but heard nothing. Was she just jumping at shadows? Maybe the open window was just an open window, and there was nothing more to it.

She sprinted on through one wing of the house to the next, not stopping until she reached a light sconce on the wall at the end of a long hallway. One last look behind her revealed nothing. With a pull on the metal base of the sconce, a hidden door in the wall popped open.

Ellie ducked inside. “Master! Wake up!”

The room was completely dark. No windows here, so not even a little light could leak in. She moved to a corner, carefully feeling her way around the furniture. It took one or two bumps before she found the armoire she was looking for. Crouching behind it, Ellie waited, her doubts doubling with each second that lapsed. Had there been any intruder at all? Was it all her imagination playing tricks on her?

A shadow crept into the room. Darkness still covered everything, but Ellie could just make out one shade of black shift to another as the shrouded figure moved in cautiously. It maneuvered with far more grace than she’d managed seconds earlier. The shadow closed on the bed at the far end of the room, stopped, and then looked in her direction. There was a moment; Ellie and the mysterious figure sensed each other, both knew what was about to happen. Ellie moved towards the door and flicked the switch on the wall. Light flooded the small room, revealing her opponent. The bed she was standing over was empty.

It took her eyes a second to adjust, and her mind a second more to process, but when both got to their destination, Ellie recognized her opponent. Her stomach dropped.

Alyssa Larsen, one of her Order’s most renown hunters. Eighteen kills to her name, at least that were talked about. These ones were taught to aspiring hunters during training. There had to be others, but they were either too messy or simply too pedestrian to merit mentioning. She had more than a dozen years of experience, which was a lifetime in a world where hunter’s careers are usually measured in months not years. Clearly there was no underestimating her Master a second time around. The Order had sent one of their best.

“Expecting someone else?” Ellie mocked with false confidence. “Sorry if you got the wrong impression, Master doesn’t sleep here.”

“A clever deception,” Alyssa admitted in her Nordic accent. Ellie studied her features for any hints of nerves, but found nothing in the girl’s cold expression. Pale skinned and raven-haired, Alyssa’s austere face probably would have looked angelic if it ever smiled, but she’d probably forgotten what a smile felt like a long time ago. Alyssa looked at her indifferently. “You always had potential. I remember you as a novice, always outshining the other girls. Eager to prove yourself. A shame that it ended up like this, but there’s no cure for you now.”

“I don’t want to be cured,” Ellie spoke, hoping she came off as defiant. ‘Just a few more minutes, hold out as long as you can,’ she tried to reassure herself. Every minute was a victory. Now that she knew her opponent, any illusions of an outright win were gone. At best, she could stall for time.

“You’ll get your wish then, though I doubt you’ll be alive to enjoy it.” Alyssa took a careful step forward, judging her response. Ellie stepped back and felt the door frame; a move that brought on a mocking cock of the eyebrow from her foe.

“The Order did look,” Alyssa continued. “Once they realized you’d been compromised, we searched through the archives for anything that could undo it. Sadly, all the texts point to the same conclusion. Even after I kill your Master, you’ll still be turned. Loyal to his memory, like a balloon floating in the wind without anything to hold it down.”

“Th-Th-That’s not going to happen.” Ellie cursed her nervous studder. It was a tick she’d had since childhood. She’d mastered it a long time ago, but in moments of extreme anxiety, it would still rear its ugly head.

Master had proven it that fateful night. Ellie’s assassination had fully failed the moment his fiery-red eyes had connected with hers and began to burn her will away.

“I own you.”

“Y-y-y-you own m-me.” Nerves had overwhelmed her. Stomach tickled by a thousand butterflies, Ellie had forgotten every trick she’d learned for controlling her stutter. It had been so frightening and at the same time, exhilarating.

“You’re my slave.”

“Sl-sl-sl-slave.” That had been it. Her soul changed in the span of seconds; the only delay not from any last resistance she’d summoned, but simply from her stammer. There had been more words after of course, but that exact moment her anxiety had melted and her new life began. Old priorities completely rewritten, new purpose, new morals. Unfortunately, the stutter stayed. One of the few relics of her past-self.

Trying to rescue her dignity, Ellie reached blindly for the door behind her. Her hand fumbled for a moment, found the wooden edge and slammed it shut. She heard the lock click into place.

Alyssa raised an eyebrow. “Well that will cost me another minute, congratulations I guess.” She advanced a step. Ellie held firm, keeping the door behind her. “Sunset isn’t for another hour. That’s more than enough time to subdue you.”

“Subdue? You said—”

“Oh, you’re going to die,” Alyssa continued. “No avoiding that. But before you go, you’ll serve a purpose.”

“What purpose?”

“You’ll be bait, obviously.”

“Bait?” Ellie could have laughed. She should have, it might have let off some of her tension. The idea was just so ludicrous. She was nothing to Master. In her schoolgirl fantasies, Ellie might pretend she had a place in some small place of his heart, but in reality, she was just an instrument. He kept her only as long as she was useful. “Your elaborate plan hinged on Master springing in to rescue me?”

“A stake to the heart while he slept would have been my first choice. But it’s rarely that easy, so it’s best come up with a plan B.”

“Skip it and move on to whatever plan C is,” Ellie countered. She thought she felt some fatigue begin to bite at her conscious. “Seriously, Master doesn’t give a shit about me. You’d be better off using his book collection as a hostage.”

“You really don’t know do you?” Alyssa asked. Ellie’s brow scrunched in confusion, which only brought on another deriding look from Alyssa. Pity? Revulsion? Ellie had trouble deciphering it. “The relationship between sire and thrall is complicated. That connection you feel isn’t a one-way street. You worship him, right? A Star-eyed, fiercely dedicated, obedient; all standard traits for a thrall. Would it shock you to learn that he feels something towards you as well? Call it an animal instinct. A mix of protectiveness and possessiveness, like a dog with his favorite chewtoy.”

Alyssa was mocking her. Ellie knew it. It was a ploy to play on her emotions. Master cared nothing for her. Maybe a passing fondness, but certainly not enough to place himself in danger over her wellbeing. The last line comparing him to a housepet; carefully crafted designed to prick Ellie’s overwhelming loyalty. It had almost worked. Her slave nature screamed at her to come to Master’s defense.

“I’m barely anything to him.” It hurt to admit the truth, much less say it out loud to an opponent, but it was handy at least to keep Alyssa talking. How much longer would she need? A few minutes. “Besides, he would never fall for it.”

That elicited a humorless chuckle from her foe. “There are about a dozen different texts in the Order’s library that would disagree with you. Trust me, you’re not the first thrall I’ve used to lure one to their kind to their death’s.”

“I—what?”

“Some are hesitant to take a thrall for that reason. The smart ones know it makes them vulnerable. Your Master… well he’s been around for a long time apparently, so I suppose he’s a smart one. Maybe he’s just gone soft in his old age?” Alyssa looked down to her wrist where a small tactical watch rested. “56 minutes to sundown. Is he an early riser, your beast?”

“Don’t call him that!” Ellie’s temper finally got the better of her. “He’s—”

“—A beast. What else would you call a thing that ruin’s lives without remorse?” Alyssa gave her watch another quick check. “Anyway, five minutes to subdue you, and that’s a generous estimate. Two more minutes to pick the lock. 20 minutes to make sure your beast’s other playthings are taken care of. 15 to get things ready. I could search for him and try to catch him the last throes of his nap, but my guess is you have him pretty well hidden.” Alyssa raised an eyebrow. Ellie’s face must have betrayed her. “Thought so. No point in wasting time. He’ll come to me. Or really, he’ll come to you, and find you unconscious and bleeding out on the floor.” Alyssa’s hand disappeared behind her back and returned to view with a large knife clutched in it’s grip. “Shall we get started?”

Ellie’s gaze lingered on the knife, “Five minutes, huh?”

“Probably closer to three. Like I said, I was being generous.”

Five minutes would be enough time. Three…

Alyssa attacked. Swiftly, decisively and deliberately; no hesitation or passion her movement. What struck real fear into Ellie’s heart was the stone expression on her opponent’s face. She looked almost disinterested, as though her life had seen so much killing, it had become just another trivial part of her day. A knife aimed at a person’s neck was no more eventful than brushing her teeth in the morning.

The first slash missed to the right, but Ellie realized it was intended to. A follow up jab aimed at her leg had a similar effect, pushing her left towards the corner where the nightstand and armoire would make her defense awkward. Ellie realized the game after another cut at her side pushed her further where she didn’t want to go. She was being hemmed in and couldn’t see any way to avoid it.

“Trust your instincts. God seems to have gifted you a good set of them,” Master had once complemented her. He’d awoken to find Ellie huddled at the feet of his bed. It had been her first week in her new role. She’d spent every hour jumping at shadows. Ellie had confessed to him that she didn’t think she up to the task. Protecting something as monumental as his life seemed so far above her capabilities. She’d never question his judgement, but there must have been someone more worthy to stand guard while he was vulnerable. “You, my warrior, are the one I want to look over me while I sleep. And, now that I’m awake, I may some other tasks for you.”

Master had taken her face in his hands and guided it down to his groin. Ellie’s fears were forgotten when she felt his cock on her tongue. Master’s hums and grunts before he’d came in her mouth had reassured that there was at least one task she excelled at.

With only seconds to act, Ellie lunged forward, kicking her legs in the air as she desperately tried to avoid another slash from Alyssa. For the most part, the move worked. The knife had sliced a cut along her forearm, but it was shallow. More importantly, she was now on the other side of the room. The minor wound had brought her space and—crucially for Master—time. She felt a little wobbly.

“It will be alright, Master,” she spoke, as much to herself as to him. “Just a few more minutes and it will all be okay.

Alyssa attacked again. This time some frustration broke through her grim features. She was angry. The fight should have been over by now, and she should be preparing her trap. Ellie allowed herself some silent satisfaction in that small victory. But then Alyssa was on her again, and her pride turned to panic.

No more faints, no more angled jabs to get her to a corner, Alyssa wasn’t playing around this time. She came in close, and she came to finish it. She slashed at Ellie’s midriff, the knife just missing as Ellie threw herself back. Unharmed but now completely off balance, Ellie twisted to try to avoid the inevitable backhanded slash. Instead, she felt an Alyssa’s elbow connect with her jaw.

Ellie collapse onto the ground, lights dancing in her eyes. Before she had time to comprehend the throbbing pain in her face, she simply rolled. No destination in mind, she barreled across the floor in desperation. Ellie heard the knife land with a thud where her body had been. She rolled on the hardwood, not stopping until her body crashed against some furniture. She was out of danger for a split second, just enough time for all the aches to catch up with her.

The respite didn’t last long. By the time Ellie was on her feet, Alyssa’s knife came slashing at her again. A cut at her face, Ellie just managed to parry. Hoping Alyssa might have lowered her guard, she tried to throw a punch in response, but her fist only found air.

The situation was getting desperate. Alyssa—in a sign of respect for Ellie’s speed—had switched to quick jabs with the blade. They were less threatening than the wide-arching slashes, but also harder to fend off. Had it been five minutes yet? Or even three? Master’s face lingered in the back of her mind. Each deflected blow was in defense of his life, not her own. If she could just stall for a little longer…

The blade broke her skin right below the shoulder. Not a deep puncture, but it still caused her to gasp in pain. More importantly, the sting shot through the nerves along her left side, making her arm drop in reaction. Like a wolf sensing wounded pray, Alyssa saw it and pounced. Ellie felt the slice of the knife cut across her stomach, a moment later the terrible pain, and then all her strength gave out. She fell over in defeat.

With her one good hand, Ellie attempted to stem the bleeding. ‘It’s not too bad,’ she tried to lie to herself. The blood slipped through her fingers to the floor. Her feet floundering under her as she failed to lift herself up to continue the fight. ‘A few more seconds, just keep Alyssa occupied for a more seconds.’

She was halfway upright before a searing pain sent her back down again. Ellie whimpered against the hardwood. Wooziness threatened to overwhelm her. A sign of blood loss or something else?

Alyssa had stepped back to examine her handy work. She looked down with that same detached expression. Ellie was just another notch she could add to the count. Or she would be soon.

If Alyssa had wanted to, she could have finished her off with one more quick cut. Ellie doubted she had the strength to even raise her arms in defense. But that wasn’t what Alyssa wanted. Not yet. She needed Ellie alive to serve as sufficient bait. Master would wake, sense her pain, and come running. He’d find Ellie slowly bleeding out on the floor. Then the trap would be sprung.

“Just over four minutes,” Alyssa taunted while kneeling down next to Ellie. “I am sorry about this. It will be painless for you from here on out. We know about the silent connection between sire and thrall and I can’t have you tipping your Master off, so you’ll be unconscious for this next part.”

Alyssa’s produced a small vial from her pocket. Ellie’s vision had begun to blur, but she could make out a clear solution bubbling at the tip of the syringe.

‘This is it,’ Ellie realized sleepily. “I’m sorry, Master.”

The needle slipped from Alyssa’s fingers, clattering on the floor a foot away. As Alyssa reached for it, Ellie detected some sluggishness in her movement. Her fingers closed on the needle, lifted it a few inches, and saw it slip from their grasp again.

“Hnn,” Alyssa scrunched her eyebrows. Hunching over, she came level with Ellie’s vision. Her hand, instead closing on the needle, slipped on the floor, sending Alyssa’s whole body down with it. An effort to pick herself back up failed, and she settled down on the wooden floor.

Ellie smiled weakly, “I needed you unconscious too.”

“Wha?” Alyssa exhaled.

“No decoy room is complete without it’s own gas line” Speaking had become hard, but Ellie found strength in reserve to gloat. “We’ve been breathing in halothane ever since I flicked the switch on the wall.”

“Bitch,” Alyssa whined. For the first time there was real panic in her voice. She tried again to pick herself up, and even managed to get to her feet. Ellie’s heart lurched. Fearing she’d boasted too soon, Ellie reached out in desperation and she snatched at Alyssa’s ankle. She missed, but in trying to avoid her, Alyssa had lost her balance and stumbled back to the ground. “Fucking… bitch…”

A high lilt had infected Alyssa’s tone; defeat, exhaustion, both? Ellie couldn’t tell, but either way, the hunter wouldn’t be getting up again. Ellie’s own tiredness returned in a rush. Knowing victory was complete, her body seemed to decide it was safe to succumb.

Alyssa’s eyes closed. She blinked a few times—one last attempt at resisting the inevitable—then her eyes remained shut. Ellie let her own lids drift.

She imaged Master finding them both unconscious. Ellie would probably be gone by that point, but at least he’d know his faith in her hadn’t been misplaced. She’d done her job and kept him safe. She’d even gotten him a replacement for her. He’d grow to like Alyssa. Once converted, she would serve him far more effectively than Ellie could. Hopefully he would remember her at least. ‘Who was that red-headed girl that once saved my life? Lizzy, Elise, Ellie, that was it! She was a good slave.’

The stinging pain in Ellie’s stomach had dulled. Or her body was just going numb; it didn’t matter at this point.

She pictured Master’s face smiling down at her. Her last little fantasy to play out before she died. His hand combed through her hair with affection. He whispered something in her ear and Ellie giggled. A finger under her chin to tilt her face up to his, his eye’s flashed. He was about to whisper a command, but Ellie never found out what it was.

Master swam away from her vision and darkness overtook her.

To be continued…

* * *