The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Downfall, Chapter 2

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2021.

* * *

The test was the next week, on the following Monday, and Laura was on edge the entire time leading up to it. Last week in her office, after this class’s first session, (which had happened to fall on a Tuesday), everything had made perfect sense. She would give Victoria a passing grade no matter what she wrote on her test paper— even if she left her paper blank. She would do it because Victoria was amazing— incredible— and Laura only wanted to make her happy. It had made perfect sense; Laura had felt no guilt about it at all.

But then Victoria had left her office. Things had not become fuzzier immediately— Laura had still held onto that clear understanding of what needed to be done for several hours after. She’d gone home to her husband and daughter— she’d still felt the aftereffects of Victoria’s influence.

But she’d slept it off, and it had been gone since then. And it was seeming fuzzy to her today— why should she let Victoria pass when all the other students who had studied so hard wouldn’t get the same advantage, just because they hadn’t come into Laura’s office last Tuesday and hypnotized her.

Guilt was gnawing at Laura again— and not just because helping Victoria cheat wouldn’t be fair to the other students. But because doing it violated her code as an academic— her university had a code of ethics— there was expected decorum— cutting secret deals with students to give them higher grades than they deserved definitely violated that code. It was cheating, and if Laura was caught, she could be severely disciplined for doing it— she was jeopardizing her own career, and for what? Just because a pretty girl had told her to?

But then Victoria came in just before the beginning of the period, further down in the line of students that was coming in, and something jangled in Laura’s mind— just seeing her set something washing over Laura… certainty again… she understood… Victoria’s happiness was the most important thing… letting her pass the test would please her… so for that reason alone she should do it—

Laura tore her eyes away. This test was a surprise test— and it would run for the duration of the three-hour class period, but all the students picked up on what was happening as they filed in. Laura had called the first student in over to her desk at the front of the auditorium and given them their test— and the rest were following suit.

Now they were all filing past her desk to pick up their exam papers; it was more efficient than having her go down the rows of seating herself distributing the tests. They all moved past, each taking a test when they went by. Laura knew it when Victoria was the one standing across her classroom desk from her. She took another test from her pile and held it out without looking up at Victoria. She wouldn’t look at her. She kept her face turned to the side the whole time. Looking at Victoria meant that feeling would come over her again. She couldn’t afford to let that happen.

Victoria took the test, and stepped away, letting the next person in line come up behind her. The danger had passed; Laura could look up. She hoped that none of the other students had noticed her averting her eyes from Victoria; hoped none of them had thought it was strange.

There were no looks of suspicion on any nearby faces. Laura had probably gotten away with it. She met the eyes of all her other students and smiled up at them as she passed them their tests.

When everyone had gotten their test and filed into their seats, Laura stood and walked across the front of the room to close the door to the hall. She looked down at her watch, waiting for the second hand to tick over to the beginning of the next minute— which would be the first minute of a new hour, and note the start of their class period proper.

“And begin,” Laura called out, when the second hand reached its mark, and the sound of pencils scribbling on paper started up.

Then Laura sat down again behind her desk, to wait for her students to complete their tests.

Usually during a test Laura kept herself busy scanning the class, in case anyone raised their hand with a problem or question— or in case anyone was trying to cheat, and she could stop them.

If she stopped anyone for cheating today, it would be ironic. At the very least it would make her a hypocrite— that is, if she did ultimately help Victoria cheat. How could she censure one student for cheating and help another? She told herself she wouldn’t give a passing grade to Victoria. It would ruin her credibility as a teacher, destroy the trust her students, colleagues and institution had placed in her. It just wouldn’t be right— and Laura was a good person, only ever concerned with what was right.

Today she couldn’t fully scan the classroom. She knew which side of it Victoria was sitting in, and she couldn’t look over there. Seeing Victoria would soften her mind— if she stared at her too long, Laura was sure the effect that Victoria had achieved last week would be easily replicable, and before Laura knew it, she’d be writing an A on Victoria’s test paper with a dopey smile on her face.

It wasn’t that seeing Victoria made her a different person, or took her out of herself. That was the problem. Seeing Victoria seemed to bring Laura back to herself. When Laura was at her most authentic, most honest expression of herself, serving Victoria was a natural fit. Because serving Victoria was the right thing to do.

Deep down, she was very convinced of this, despite all evidence to the contrary, despite all the risks she would have to take to do it. Something in her deeper than her conscious mind believed this with such fervency it was almost religious devotion, and her rational mind could not argue this part of herself out of this belief. Serving Victoria, pleasing Victoria was right and always would be. And Laura cared very deeply about doing what was right. So she had to pass Victoria on her test— doing otherwise would be wrong, and Laura always tried to avoid wrong like that.

Rationally, she still thought she couldn’t allow herself to do it. It wouldn’t be right— would not even be remotely fair— that deep certainty in her, her deep personal commitment to righteousness, couldn’t be swayed. She was stubbornly dedicated to the service of the good— making Victoria happy was good— every logical loop pulled her back to the same conclusion, but if she kept her mind above that… If she tried to distract herself from that deep vein of certainty and focus on the rational— she might still be able to prevent herself.

But doing that would be lying to herself; denying her truest nature; and that would be wrong; the only thing that kept Laura from groaning out in frustration and clutching her head was that she knew she had a class full of test-taking students in front of her.

The test passed by at a crawl, Laura in similar conflict with herself the entire time. She knew what was right— passing Victoria’s test— but she still didn’t want to let herself do it. Her own reluctance should not be allowed to stop her. Sometimes doing the right thing wasn’t the easiest; that didn’t mean it shouldn’t still be done. She’d never been so stubbornly set against doing what she knew she should, but she was now.

At last the period was over, and all the students filed out past Laura’s desk again, handing their tests to Laura on the way back out. She stacked them back in a pile. She had started with a pile, passed tests out of it until it ceased to exist, and now she built it back into existence, topping it up one test at a time.

The last student in the lineup, and in the classroom, passed her test to Laura. Laura knew it was Victoria before she even looked down at the name on the test. She knew it would be right to give Victoria that grade she wanted— but she was still not going to do it. And she still wasn’t going to look Victoria in the eyes. Right or wrong, she didn’t want to be under the kind of influence she had been the week before. Didn’t want to allow Victoria that kind of power over her again.

Just letting Victoria have the advantage over her once had been enough to completely recalibrate her sense of right and wrong. Even this wasn’t entirely something she could judge negatively, or disapprove of… it had been more like Victoria had revealed a new facet of morality to her— a truer facet that had been waiting inside her all along. But just the same, Laura was not eager to find out how else Victoria might be able to change her if Laura looked up at her again— if she looked into her eyes. Even if the thought that Victoria could was somewhat filled with longing for it.

She had taken Victoria’s test but Victoria was still standing there in front of her. Laura could feel her presence there like an ache.

“Thank you for handing in your test, Victoria,” Laura said, still keeping her head turned towards the side wall, instead of facing Victoria. “You may leave now.”

Victoria stayed standing there. It made Laura feel more nervous.

“It’s alright for you not to look at me, Laura,” Victoria said. “I can just talk to you a bit, and we’ll see if you want to look at me later.”

Laura was alarmed by this— why wouldn’t Victoria just leave?

Why didn’t she want her to?

“First, let me know— is there anyone coming to use this auditorium now that our class is over?”

Our— being grouped with Victoria however tangentially affected her too much.

And Victoria’s voice was so soothing to listen to… Victoria had wanted an answer from her, and Laura’s first inclination to give it was so strong that she just had to do it. She couldn’t stop herself in time.

“No; the class is four days a week, but the class sometimes after this one is only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This auditorium will be empty for the next few hours.”

“And do you have any other classes for the rest of the day?”

“Not on Mondays,” Laura replied, again, quicker than she liked.

“So we’ve got a good amount of time to spend together.”

There were sounds of Victoria stepping away— it gave Laura temporary, false hope; foolish relief. There was a shutting noise— Victoria had only walked across to the door to close it.

“So let’s have a conversation. You’re more resilient than I gave you credit for. I thought when you melted for me last week I had you completely; but I see you’ll still need more time to be convinced. I have you, already— I know this— but I can have you more, and have more of you— You know what your deepest principle is, don’t you? You know what is right.”

“It’s right to please you,” Laura provided automatically, since it was true. “And it will please you if I pass your test; so it would be right to do it— but it’s risky— it’s so difficult for me to do it; there are so many obstacles— things that could go wrong, consequences that could result.”

Laura was nearly in tears as she was saying this; she wanted to look up to Victoria for benediction, with the tears still in her eyes, to see if Victoria would give her blessing; if she would be merciful; if she would be forgiving. But if Laura looked she would be caught again— she was still stubbornly refusing to let that happen.

She felt Victoria’s hand touch her face, palm against her cheek, and the warmth of it was tempting. She slouched into the touch just slightly, leaned into it for a second of permittance, and then leaned away again, setting her face back into cool centralized air.

“I know it will be difficult for you— risky, as you said. Does it help you to know that that makes it more pleasing for me? That if you offer it to me as a gift, your sacrifice will be that much more appreciated?”

Laura’s eyes fell shut. That felt like benediction. That felt like given blessing. It had, after all; it would be so right; she just wanted to make Victoria happy—

“Why are you shying away from looking at me?”

She could only offer honesty to Victoria, even when she was being stubborn in other ways. “I know if I look at you, you can catch my mind again— you can stun me, and you can change me.”

“Were the changes I made in you so bad?”

“No,” Laura protested. “They were good, and right— revelation— but I’m still reluctant to let you change me anymore— do it again—”

Laura did not miss the last part of what she’d said. It was no coincidence that she’d spoken her denial as a contraction, omitting a second ‘let you,’ so that instead of a refusal, or prevention, it only sounded like an injunction for Victoria to repeat what she’d done. It was a subconscious slip, exposing true desire— but she wouldn’t admit that.

“I don’t know why,” Laura said— felt conflicted to the point of crying again.

“You’re not ready,” Victoria said. “You don’t entirely understand yet— how to really serve and please me. You will eventually; as I said. I incorrectly pinned you at first; you need help. A more dedicated process. A little more time. But why are you specifically refusing to look at me?”

“Because the image of you is inherently hypnotic,” another automatic confession that simply sprang from her. “If I ever see you sitting there— out in my class— my mind will be conquered again, and I’ll be back into that hazy… trancelike feeling… it can happen to me even as I’m teaching, and I can go on with what I’m already doing, but behind my eyes my mind will be losing itself over and over… finding more and more devotion to you.”

“I taught you that last time,” Victoria said, sounding proud. “You internalized the lesson.”

Laura frowned— confused. “It was true; I’m drawn to truth— I always remember it, understand the world through it.”

That was why she was an academic— Laura had to remind herself Victoria didn’t know her very well, not to understand that about her. Victoria loomed so large in her mind after only a week that it seemed she had known her a very long time— but only a week. Only a week.

“I’m glad I chose you,” Victoria said. “But if you’re not ready to look at me yet, why don’t you just take a look at my test today?”

It seemed a fair compromise.

Victoria had come up to the front last, so her test was on the top of the test pile. And since it had been a test day, and Laura’s TAs also had other responsibilities to other professors and classes, Laura had excused them from attending. She would divide up the test papers later to give to her teaching assistants to grade, keeping a pile for herself as well.

The plan had always been for Laura to keep Victoria’s test for herself, so that her TAs would never see or grade it; that only she herself would do it; because that would be the right thing to do; but Laura could look at it right now, should look at it right now. Because Victoria had said. And what Victoria said was right— and Laura so badly wanted to do what was right.

Victoria’s test was blank— her name was written on the name line at the very top of it, and there was nothing else written anywhere, for any of the math problems. She’d turned in a blank test as promised. And Laura’s fingers itched. She wanted to take up a pen, write “95%” in the upper right-hand corner, and set the test aside as graded.

It was the grade Victoria deserved— the grade she had already been promised when she’d come back to Laura’s on-campus office. Laura needed to do it— if she failed to do it, she’d be failing her own integrity, something that was unconscionable to her. She needed to—

“It’s alright, Laura,” Victoria encouraged patiently. Again, the teacher overseeing the struggling student; Laura had often played that role herself, so the level of relief she felt in response to this treatment seemed almost absurd— but it was felt— it was true— she needed that too. “You can give me the grade you want to. It will be okay; it’s right for you to do it.”

When Victoria said, “it’s right for you to do it,” the words locked in, and Laura’s last hesitation was gone. She took up her pen, and graded Victoria’s blank test a 95%.

“Now you can look at me again,” and this bypassed Laura’s earlier reluctance too.

She exhaled when she saw her— her mind was immediately fogged over like breathed upon glass in the cold; her mind was conquered but not slaughtered yet— not re-slaughtered again until Laura found Victoria’s eyes, and she had to sigh anew.

“You told me you were free for the rest of the day,” Victoria said. “Is there anyone at home in your house right now?”

Laura’s mouth hung open. She shook her head without remembering to speak.

“Will there be, within the next few hours?”

It was necessary for Laura to speak again— so this time she did. “Gerrit is at work. My daughter Sarah has classes— the house will be empty until this evening. Usually I’m not there either— I stay— on-campus, at the office. I always have so much work… to stay on top of.”

It was hard to speak. Hard to concentrate; it took twice or three times the effort. So much inside her had been slowed down, had been relaxed. She had to adjust to this reduced pace— her mind was used to racing, moving quickly. She’d always been bright— speed of thought was just a characteristic of her mind.

“That sounds perfect,” Victoria said. She smiled like a beatific divine vision. She blinded— Laura’s mind was lost again— Victoria’s beauty— Victoria’s quintessential quality of Victoria-ness. This was so right, this was so perfect, Victoria was right and perfect, and pleasing her would always be, too.

“Why don’t you show me your home?”

* * *

They made it back to Laura’s house in short order.

It was a nice enough house— not too showy, because that wasn’t Laura’s style, and when she and Gerrit had paid to have it built, she’d felt it was wrong to flaunt their financial security too much. From the outside, the house wasn’t too obviously expensive; but it hid a lot of rooms and space inside that it did not reveal from the outside looking in; and it was decorated with very nice things; Laura had taken the care to decorate using only the finest things when it had been decorating time.

Just as she’d been committed to not flaunt her financial security, she had been committed to giving her family the very best when it came to decorating inside where only they could see— and where only the guests they invited into their home could see.

Just as it would have been wrong to flaunt such wealth in front of unexpecting neighbors or passers-by with whom such a showing might not have sat well, it would have been equally wrong to give her family and their guests drab surroundings to pass their time in. And when Laura had been decorating the house, on both the inside and the outside, she had been primarily concerned with right and wrong, as she often was.

She felt a little frisson of satisfaction when she remembered that she had done the right thing back in the auditorium by giving Victoria the grade she wanted, even though it had been hard for her to do. She felt that same frisson again when she thought that she had once again done right by leaving campus with Victoria and bringing her here, bringing her home in the middle of the day.

That had been the right thing too, since Victoria had wanted it done; it had been less hard than giving the grade, but still hard. She’d never once had a student over to her house before; Victoria was the very first. It was deserved— she was worthy of being the first one to come there, but Laura had still hesitated— had a few minutes of difficulty until Victoria had helped her understand a new level of devotion which would help her to do what needed to be done.

Now that Victoria was inside, she was looking around with great interest. Though the outside had been dressed down drab, it was clear from the inside of the house that great money was represented here— there had been money enough for such intricate interior architecture— a house with such depths and so many rooms and halls that went even beyond what could be seen from the front room.

There had been money enough to put up such wall-hangings; select such furniture, such upholstery, such wallpapers and other items of decor; and the house was spotless and in good condition, so clearly there was money enough to maintain it. Laura knew Victoria was reading all this money in what she saw around her.

She walked further into the front room— leaving the entry hall. She moved through, touching things experimentally. There were some sculptures in that room off the hall from the entryway. Any other visitor would have been reprimanded for touching such valuable things— but not Victoria. Never Victoria. She put her touch on everything in the room as if marking her territory, then came to stand at the glass table along the back wall.

Laura had been in here earlier that morning— it seemed long ago now— having brought the mail in. She’d opened some of it, and left the rest of it unopened on the table beside. She’d been running late that morning so it had been necessary to leave the rest unopened. She’d just opened one thing, really— an update letter from one of their investment firms— and this, Victoria had picked up and was reading with great interest.

“What is this fund?” She asked, still reading the letter.

“That’s the savings fund for my daughter Sarah,” Laura answered immediately. “We’re going to cash it out once she’s finished with university and give it to her when she goes out on her own.”

Victoria was right to look so impressed; she and Gerrit had been saving toward it as long as they’d been married— before they’d ever had Sarah. They’d even been putting some of that money aside back when they’d still been in school— when Laura had been a poor undergrad student, she’d been putting money away for it, before she’d even known if she would ever have a daughter— just in case. She’d continued putting money aside all through the years she’d spent as a poor graduate student; she and Gerrit had fallen in love in high school, and they’d been married the summer before undergrad had started.

Then when they’d both got their positions— Gerrit at his job, Laura at her university, they’d been able to start putting substantially more money away for their young daughter, who had been born by that time, and by then had grown to be a few years old. Since they’d had so much money saved by then, they’d finally rolled it into a fund so it could garner substantial interest; and it was a well-paid fund. It garnered a lot.

Then they’d kept adding to the amount consistently over the years, and the firm they had the fund with had managed it for them. The interest on it had grown it and grown— so by now it was a lot of money indeed, which was why Victoria was looking at it like that.

She looked up to Laura. “Pay out this money now,” she said. “Give it to me.”

Laura jerked where she stood; receiving a command from Victoria was a powerful experience and it drove such reactions from her body in response— but this was not like the test— this was not even like letting Victoria come into her home— she could not do this, and no amount of looking into Victoria’s eyes or listening to Victoria speak would allow her to do it. On this point, Laura could feel that she was too stubborn— no matter how right doing what Victoria said was, she just couldn’t do it here. She wouldn’t.

“I’m sorry, Victoria,” Laura said sadly. “I can’t.”

Victoria looked up from the letter— temporarily surprised. Then she seemed to remember the situation. “You’re not ready yet.” She placed the letter back on the glass table. “That’s fine— show me your bedroom, why don’t you?”

Laura led Victoria upstairs, towards the bedroom, she shared with Gerrit.

On the way, Victoria stopped them at the open door to what was Sarah’s room— she stepped in and looked around— then paused at Sarah’s vanity; there was a little square antique jewelry box sitting on it— it was only a trinket that Sarah kept for sentimental reasons; she didn’t actually put anything in it, but it was her favorite. It had belonged to Laura’s mother, and her mother before that.

Victoria picked it up.

“Will you let me take this?” Victoria asked. “Are you ready for that?”

Laura opened and closed her mouth a few times, but… she was.

Victoria pocketed it.

They reached Laura’s bedroom. “Now I’d like to see you get on your bed,” Victoria encouraged.

Laura sighed in relief. Here at last was a command she could obey— she could do the right thing again. She was still all tied up in knots inside over the fact that she had failed to do it down in the front room. At least she could try to make it up to Victoria now— at least in part— by doing what she said here.

She sat on the bed; and Victoria approached her. She guided her back, both of them still fully clothed— got herself into a light straddling position— Victoria was wispy, there wasn’t a lot of weight to her— it was different from being under Gerrit— Victoria guided her back, held Laura’s face in her hands, and looked down at her as she leaned over her.

“I’m pleased with the way you graded my test— and pleased by your bringing me here. But I’m sad that you weren’t ready to give me the money you put away for Sarah.”

Victoria’s face fell— Laura’s heart nearly broke in half— Victoria was sad because of something she’d done— the wrong thing— but it changed nothing. She still couldn’t do it.

Victoria’s face returned to placidity. “But you did two things right— and I’d like to reward you for that.”

Then Victoria’s lips were against hers— kissing her fiercely, and hotly— so much power, so much passion from someone so wispy— Laura was shocked, totally unprepared for it.

She was completely overwhelmed; her lips were pliant and parting for Victoria’s, and Victoria started rocking her— Laura could only kiss her back— Victoria broke the kiss.

“The more you enjoy this, the more deeply you understand the things I’ve already told you— the more deeply you want to please and serve me.”

She kissed Laura again, even harder— Laura felt herself deepening. She couldn’t do a thing about it in protest— it just felt too good; Laura had never been kissed with such hunger, had never had a partner whom she could sense so much power inside of. Power that wanted her, wanted her totally; wanted to come out of Victoria and plunder Laura for everything, change her more, teach her new rightness.

“You want to obey me, Laura,” Victoria purred in her ear, between kisses— then kissed her earlobe— her cheek. “You want it more than anything. You know it’s right. Hearing me say this is helping you understand that more than ever before.”

It was true— but Victoria’s hand was advancing towards Laura’s breast— and that would be different— that would nearly be sex— the way that Victoria was rocking on Laura told her that she was definitely thinking in that direction. And she couldn’t— she couldn’t fuck a student— she couldn’t fuck a student in her own bed— she couldn’t fuck a student in the bed she shared with her husband.

“Victoria—” Laura said, brushing her off with her arms.

Victoria climbed back, and Laura sat up— her own dress was mussed, and her hair too—

Victoria only smiled. “You’re not ready for that either. You will be later. But until then— you’ll be seeing me in class. And you know what it will do to you every time you see me.”

Laura whimpered when she thought of that.

Victoria smiled again.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said, and left, clearly on her way back out of the house. After a few moments, Laura heard the front door closing distantly, announcing Victoria’s departure.

Laura collapsed back on the bed, exhausted even from the little that had happened that afternoon between her and Victoria. And even as she lay there, Laura’s scholarly mind was hard at work to internalize the new things that Victoria had told her that day.