The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Downfall, Chapter 1

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2021.

* * *

It was the beginning of a new semester. And the beginning of a new semester was Laura Stanton’s favorite time, so full of new possibilities and beginnings.

She enjoyed her job as a university professor at all times— but never quite so much as when the first crowd of new students had come in. When she didn’t yet know what new experiences that the semester ahead would hold for her. Her job renewed itself year by year in her loves. She never got sick of it.

It was one small part of an overall tapestry of life, each element of which she enjoyed. She was happily married, to her husband Gerrit Stanton. She had a teenage daughter who was starting at university this year too, having just turned eighteen in the summer. The three of them were all a happy family together.

Laura Stanton was a math professor. Her first class of the day— and so, her first class of the new fall semester— was a core math class. All the STEM degrees required it as pre-requisite for other things, so all the students that were currently filing auditorium were the students who’d be populating the various STEM departments of the university throughout the next four years.

Sarah wasn’t among these students, though. She wasn’t taking a STEM degree; she was at Laura’s university, but attending in a different department. She was studying business here.

Laura taught this core first-year class every fall. Every available spot was always filled. It was always a busy class— and lively. That was because it was such a foundational course, and there was so much material to cover. It was so relevant to so many different disciplines and degrees— a pre-requisite for so many other things. As a result, it was a three hour course, which ran from 9 in the morning until 12 noon exactly. It had several teacher’s assistants because it was had so many students— and for the same reason, it was held in an auditorium. It ran four days a week; again, because there was so much material to condense down and represent.

Laura had three other courses she was teaching this fall, too. But all of them were upper year courses. She had one class of second years, one class of third years, and an advanced class for senior students who were in their final undergraduate year. They registrar’s office had given her a good mixture of classes to teach. They covered a good range of material. All her courses were math related; most of them had cross-disciplinary appeal, except for Laura’s fourth-year course, which was fairly specialized. Obscure math, only really of interest to the small group of students who were planning to go on into graduate studies in the field of mathematics.

Today, as she stood and looked across the audience of young eighteen-year-old faces, who were now all sitting in their seats— she thought of last year’s fall. She’d had some trouble with cheating students. She’d hated that; she didn’t stand for cheating. She hoped there wouldn’t be any cheating this year, but she knew at least a few students would try it. They always thought they could get away with it.

Laura was an honest woman; she’d never cheated, so she couldn’t understand the cheater’s mindset. She had a strict internal code of honor, and she held to it always. Over the years as professor, she’d had struggling or failing students try to cut deals with her, to get her to grade the curve of the class in such a way that would pass them. She’d never even be tempted; she’d reported each such would-be dealmaker to the central office for inappropriate conduct.

Laura was thirty-five now. It had been many years since she’d been in the education system in herself; but just like she’d had people try to cut crooked deals with her for the sake of better grades, back when she was in school she’d often had people offer to share stolen answers or let her look off their test papers, or even copy part of their answers for essay assignments. And she’d always refused them. Refused them, and then reported them to her class teacher, when she was younger than university age; or professor, when she’d been in university herself.

She was the kind of person who, when she saw something was wrong, went to find an authority figure to report it to, to try and stop the wrong being done. Or if she thought the situation was something she could handle herself, she’d step in and intervene herself. If she saw two university students in the hallway having a conflict that looked like it would escalate into a fight, she always stepped in to try and calm the situation down, and prevent that fight from happen.

Laura held herself to high standards; and expected those standards of her students, and of her friends and family too. But she was always willing to work with people who were really trying. She came down harshly and strictly on cheaters or people who tried to get things the easy way without working for it. But people who were honest like her— she worked with them, and was always more than fair. Any of those students would have said so about her— even the ones who had fallen short in the end and failed despite her help.

She looked out at her first year class again; she’d gotten through her introduction as Professor Stanton. She was about a quarter of the way through the course’s syllabus overview. She knew the syllabus so well after working on it night after night— she could go through it by rote, without thinking; and let her eyes go out onto the sea of new faces.

Even though this was always such a large class, Laura always tried to learn each student’s name by the end of the semester. She did have a pretty good memory. Her mind was organized. Methodical. That helped. Each thing slotting into its proper mental place… but it would take a bit of time before she learned the names that belonged to each face.

She was speaking on, moving to the next part of the syllabus, but her eyes were still moving freely between faces. She maintained a completely other, secondary line of thought in her head as one track of her kept her teaching going.

Her eyes landed on a specific face in the crowd. She couldn’t say what was so different about that face, but it kept her with it; kept her looking. Kept her.

The girl the face belonged to had thick, curling blonde hair; and the girl was looking at Laura, not with the boredom of a first-year student in her first class of the semester. She was looking up at Laura with great interest, like she wanted something more from Laura than a grade. Or like she was trying to figure something out about Laura; see beneath her dress-suit, skirted, made up, styled brown-haired surface, somehow.

Laura didn’t understand this impression, but also didn’t let it bother her. She just kept on teaching her class.

Afterwards, it took some time for the auditorium to drain empty. Even after the teacher’s assistants had left, that one blonde-haired girl was still there, and she came down the auditorium steps to the front, to talk to Laura.

But Laura was very aware of the fact that her booked time in the auditorium was over. There’d be a new lecture in there in just an hour. And she’d left her lunch waiting in her office. She’d hoped to eat it there, and read that new research paper she’d set aside out of interest. She didn’t want to linger here in the auditorium too long. If this girl wanted to have a long conversation— and first-year students sometimes did— she didn’t want to have that conversation here. And for some reason, she felt like this was one of those students who was going to want to talk for a long time. So Laura said to the girl, “Why don’t you come with me back to my office, and we can talk there?”

The girl smiled. “Even better.” She followed Laura in a smiling silence.

When the two of them entered her office, Laura sat down behind desk, and Victoria sat down in one of the two chairs that sat facing it.

“Professor Stanton, I’m Victoria,” she introduced. “I’m very excited to take your class— and to get to know you, but I want you to look into my eyes now. Oh, you already are, aren’t you? You see how blue they are. You just keep looking. You don’t have another class right away, do you?”

“Not for another hour,” Laura said. “Not until one o’clock.”

“Perfect,” Victoria said and she might have smiled. It was impossible to know; Laura was still in Victoria’s eyes.

She was looking in Victoria’s eyes— she already felt lost. She was looking in Victoria’s eyes— she already felt trapped, and she wanted to get out of them. They were blue like ocean waves, and Laura was trapped, trapped in their undertow and being dragged down to the drowning place. Wherever that was, she didn’t want to go there. She would die down there… not physically— but she was so afraid it seemed some part of her believed she really would.

Laura had always been a logical person— she was a professor of mathematics, for god sakes… but there was no logic in this. It was impossible to understand. How could a pair of eyes… a normal human pair of eyes, like these ones in Victoria’s head, how could they do this, how could they have this effect? No equation could solve for it; no sense could be made of it… Yet still, Laura’s well-trained, well-educated mind scrambled for answers. Like one scrambles for purchase when they try to hold on to a cliff’s edge. If Laura could think of one reason why— one possible explanation… maybe it would be enough to hold on, keep from plummeting.

Keep her from being dragged under. Or drowning.

Had the words Victoria spoke done this to her? But how could they have? She’d barely spoken; only said a few sentences. And the words had not created this feeling. She hadn’t been feeling this way when she’d only listened. It was something in Victoria’s eyes… something Victoria had inside herself that she could project outwards… through the windows of her eyes… windows to that unknown mystery… the mystery felt too sinister for it to be a soul inside Victoria that was the source of it, or the source of Victoria…

Laura thought of other classes she had taken when she’d still been in school; not for her major, just as electives. She’d taken a lot of biology in her day. Had always had a pet interest—call it a hobby even— in the animal kingdom.

She thought now of prey paralyzed in fear as their predator advanced to eat them.

She thought now of driving along dark roads at night through forest, keeping her eyes scanning either side of them for the emergence of sudden deer.

Once, a deer had come in the path of her car. It had been when she was a young girl, still in university— she might have been the same age as Victoria, even— eighteen. Driving her old crappy car, the only one she’d been able to afford on a waitress’s salary… that had been before there was a Gerrit or a Sarah… the deer had jumped out in front of Laura’s car, but when her lights had fallen on it, it had only turned and looked straight at her coming on, looked straight on at what was coming for it.

She’d ducked down under the windshield; below the dashboard; and pressed the brake down with her foot at the same time. She’d had a friend in high school who had died, who had been driving dark roads at night too. A friend who’d also been a waitress, working a late night weekend shift at the same diner as Laura. Laura could still remember it to this day… her friend Holly had offered her a ride home. Laura had almost said yes… hesitated, felt inexplicably that she shouldn’t… a sinking feeling in her heart… then thanked Holly for the offer and in the same breath refused it.

She still remembered the way Holly had looked as she walked out the diner door; it was the last time Laura had seen her. The last time anyone had. She’d gotten into her car, drove up the country road— through wooded, dense country. A deer had jumped in front of her car; too quickly for her to brake. Or maybe her brakes had failed; hers had been an old car gifted by her father. It was impossible to know.

What everyone did know, what Laura had remembered, was that the deer had hit the front of the car, and then kept on coming. The force of the strike had propelled it up over the hood; it streaked blood all along behind itself, and then, still propelled onwards by force, it had broken through Holly’s window, come into the car, and crushed her against her seat where she sat. With the weight of its several hundred pound body.

The funeral had been closed-casket.

Laura had been thinking of that, when the deer had jumped in front of her car when she was eighteen. That was why she’d ducked down beneath the windshield. Below the dashboard. She knew if she did strike it, if she was too close to brake in time— and there was no way to know that until after— the deer would come up over the hood of her car, streaking blood behind just like when it had happened for Holly. Then it would come through Laura’s windshield, and crush her against her seat.

She’d figured in the split-second she’d had to decide that— if she was crouched beneath the dashboard— the deer could hit the back of the driver’s seat and her body wouldn’t be there to crush against it. Of course, if it came all the way up over the wheel, in behind the dashboard, it would still crush her. Not from in front— but from above. Several hundred pounds weighing down was just as deadly as several hundred pounds crashing back. But it was worth ducking down to try buying at least a few more seconds of life, if she could get them. She’d survive as long as she could until she couldn’t.

In that moment of lying along and beneath the dashboard her mind had been so blank that she hadn’t been able to remember if the deer’s body had made it all the way past the top of Holly’s dashboard, though she knew she had known it at one time.

As she’d braked, and stayed low, she’d been thinking of Holly. And thinking of the deer she’d just seen staring at her, wondering why it only looked in the light and did not try to move and get out of the way. Where was its survival instinct? Didn’t it want to live?

Had the deer Holly struck done the same thing first? Stared at oncoming death and just… frozen in the face of it and let it come?

Mostly Laura had been wondering if she’d braked in enough time. If the distance between her and the deer had been far enough to allow her life. And listening for the sound— at any moment— of the front grate of her car buckling under the deer’s body; of the sound of metal crushing as the deer’s body slid over her hood. The sound of glass breaking— thumping against the front of her seat.

It didn’t come. Her foot had pressed the brake pedal flat against the floor of the car; and when the car had come to a complete stop, Laura had eased back up just in time to see the deer running off into the woods.

She hadn’t thought about that for a long time. She was thinking about it now that she was locked inside Victoria’s blue eyes. She was the deer staring into the light; the one that had faced her car, or the one that had faced Holly’s. It didn’t matter which. They’d both faced death and stood stock still as it advanced toward them.

Or maybe she was Holly. Maybe Holly hadn’t braked at all, maybe her brakes hadn’t failed. Laura imagined her old friend— too paralyzed by the sight of the deer, frozen by the knowledge of her impending death by deer crash. Maybe Holly had been the one to sit frozen, long enough to see deer carcass climb carhood and break through windshield.

Laura was other things too: the spooked gazelle watching the advance of the lion. The mouse watching the advance of the snake. Something was coming for her; Victoria was directing something towards her, and it could consume her.

Because it was only the product of Victoria’s strange magic… not a product of the laws of physics, like a crash at terminal velocity; or the hierarchy of biology; like the advance of predator to prey… Laura knew some part of her, maybe even most of her would remain after Victoria had taken her.

But she didn’t know which part; she didn’t know what Victoria was going to do to her, what was going to happen. She felt a desperate desire to hide things away… protect things; she wanted to run through herself and stow things away, but there was no time. She wanted to turn to the world outside and send loved ones away out of reach, as if they were somehow about to become endangered by her … she was sitting perfectly still in her chair, lost in Victoria’s glance, and none of these impulses, or last free thoughts, had ever registered on her face.

Victoria’s gaze was steady. The blues Laura saw in it still surged like waves and rippled like water. But something rose out of their depths. The car advancing towards the deer; or the deer visible in light standing and looking as the car came forward… the predator advancing towards the prey… it was coming… this was it… this would be the strike.

When Laura saw it, when she knew, her body shook from the impact, though nothing had physically happened. Whatever it was that Victoria had sent to her out of that glance had just conquered her mind. It had killed the freedom in it; so now it felt like it had killed her, but she wasn’t afraid of that anymore. She wasn’t worried about anything. Now that she’d been taken, now that Victoria had reached out and plucked her mind for a fruit, she felt nothing but complete serenity, and openness. Victoria had her now. And Victoria would know what needed to be done.

Victoria was sending other things to Laura now. Ideas that emerged from the same sustained glance. Victoria knew best; Victoria was the most important thing in Laura’s life. In the world. And yes, Laura still cared about who she had been. The life she’d lived before, the people she’d loved. Of course she did— and she cared about fairness, and integrity when it came to job performance. Yes. Of course.

But. Victoria’s glance was rearranging her mind, creating a space in it that could accommodate paradoxical, self-contradictory thought. Laura could believe all she’d believed before. Could be all she’d been before; and even believe she was still the same woman. But she could do that, and act contrary to her every belief and principle while remaining guilt-free. Because in one look, Victoria had helped her to understand a loophole. Helped her to understand how something could be true and false at the same time.

Laura could betray everything she loved and believed and not worry about it— because Victoria was everything she loved and believed now. And if she acted contrary to her own principles and integrity, she would actually still be acting in integrity. Because serving Victoria was her highest principle. Serving Victoria would be her most integrous act; so no matter what she did, or was asked to do; she would be acting out of principle.

It made perfect sense to her captured— slaughtered— mind. Victoria had killed her mind; it felt better now; Victoria was so beautiful; Victoria was so lovely. She hadn’t even finished growing into her body yet, she was only just an adult… but she was beautiful and lovely because she was Victoria.

The longer that Laura looked into her, in perfect silence, the more Laura understood. Victoria was perfect; she wanted to devote herself to her. Victoria was her top priority, she wanted to serve her, please her, give her anything and everything she wanted; get anything or everything that Victoria asked for when she asked for it. Laura only hoped she could be useful— only hoped that there was something that Victoria would want from her, so she could offer it willingly. No matter what it was, giving it would be the right thing to do. Serving Victoria was always right. It was her highest principle. And she was a woman of principle.

“I always love to see it in a set of eyes,” Victoria said, but she was still holding Laura with her gaze. “When a mind collapses. When it falls to me. I can see the shift happen— there’s nothing like it.”

Laura’s mouth fell open. Somehow she’d been complete soundless as she was taken; somehow, her face had not so much as twitched, even as so much had been happening inside.

“You know, this will happen every time you see my eyes. What are you now?”

Victoria expected her to speak now, so she had to. “Only your servant.” She’d learned that from the look.

“And what will you do for me?”

“Anything,” Laura said, earnestly. She was twisting internally in desperation. She needed to be given a chance to prove herself.

“You’ll see me, sometimes, when you’re teaching your class… I won’t bother to show up every time, of course. You’ll always hope for me to attend, though. You know you will— you’ll always be looking for me even when I’m not there. Won’t you?”

Laura knew she would. And it was not because Victoria was saying so, not because she’d been told to. She’d already felt this truth. Hearing Victoria say this only confirmed what she’d already understood.

“It’s so early in the morning,” Victoria was still saying. “Some days I’d rather sleep in. But I know I’ll have a perfect grade whether I attend or not. And so do you. You already understand— I know you’re smart. You’ve figured this all out on your own. But tell me now. When will the first test be?”

“Next week,” Laura answered eagerly. “Monday’s class. First class next week.” It was supposed to be a surprise test. None of the students were supposed to know about it, but it didn’t so much as tweak Laura’s conscience. Giving Victoria what she wanted was always the right thing to do. Laura had acted completely in integrity.

“And what will the test be on?” asked Victoria.

“The first three chapters that are scheduled on the reading list. It’s worth five percent of the grade… I always like to start with a surprise test to deter slackers. To show them my class is serious business and they need to apply themselves and study hard… Do the reading I expect of them…”

Victoria smiled; Laura smiled too. It felt so natural, so good to tell Victoria everything she was thinking. The confession felt so right; she’d just admitted her whole teaching strategy for the beginning of the semester to Victoria and had no qualms about it at all, though she never would have shared it with any other student. It was the kind of thing Laura would only ever tell other faculty members. But Victoria wasn’t just any other student. And she was more important than any faculty member. Victoria should always get exactly what she wanted. So Laura had given it to her. She would do it again, as soon as she had another chance.

“And what will you do with my test?” Victoria asked; Laura felt like the student. She was the student and Victoria was the professor, checking her work. She was the one being tested right now— being checked, to see if she’d been properly educated. If she’d taken in all the lessons she’d been given, learned everything that she was supposed to be taught. If she’d retained what she was supposed to remember.

Laura was eager to prove that she had.

“I will give you a ninety-five percent grade,” Laura spoke in a rush. “I can’t give you a one-hundred percent grade; I never give those. It would raise suspicions if I started with you. But I will give you the highest possible grade that I ever give out— a ninety-five… I’ll make sure I’m the one who grades your test, that no one else ever sees it… none of my teaching assistants will have it, none of them will touch it… only me… My eyes will be the only ones to see it, I’ll make sure it’s in the pile of tests that I take for grading… and you’ll get a ninety-five…”

“So clever,” Victoria said, in approval. “I didn’t have to tell you to understand that. You just did— I like how quickly you figure things out. I’m glad I chose you. It’s nice to have a clever slave who can figure out how to obey before I have to tell her.”

Laura almost swooned from the approval.

“I’m going to turn in a blank test, Laura,” Victoria told her. “I’m not going to do the reading. I’m not going to study at all. I’ll come next week to get my attendance checkmark. I’ll sit for half an hour, and then I will come down to the front and give you a blank test. Will that be a problem? Is there anything wrong with that?”

Laura shook her head quickly. “There’s never anything wrong with giving you what you want. You want to give me a blank test. So your giving me a blank test is right. It’s the right thing to do.”

“And what will you do with my blank test?” Laura sensed this was nearly Victoria’s last question.

“I will put it in my stack of tests to grade,” Laura said. “I will make sure none of my teacher’s assistants see it. I will grade it first, I will make sure it’s your name on the line, I will flip back through it and see that the test paper is completely empty. And then I will write ninety-five percent in the top righthand corner. And that will be your grade.”

Victoria smiled, and pushed her chair back. “Good professor,” she applauded. “And good slave.”

Laura tried to swallow the cry that drew from her. She didn’t know if Victoria wanted to hear it or not, so she didn’t want to be premature.

“You’ll see my eyes sometimes, when you look out into the auditorium. They’ll mesmerize you every time. You’ll know what I want you to know when I need you to know it. But you’ve done very well today so far. I’m very pleased with you.”

Laura was prouder of that than any of any accolade she’d ever received— for her academic research or writing, for her academic performance during the time of her own education— any job evaluation she’d ever had, either as a professor or before she’d become one… none of them meant anything to her. None of them touched her as Victoria’s praise was touching her right now, and she shivered in satisfaction.

But she was also sad. It seemed that Victoria was leaving her now. And that left her without purpose. She wanted to be given more chances to prove herself, more tests to write. She wanted to do the right thing; and serving Victoria was the right thing, it was the most right thing in the world… for Victoria had snared her mind and made her to believe that.

But Victoria wanted to leave. So that meant it was right for her to leave. Victoria didn’t want any more service from Laura today. That meant it was right that Laura give her no further service today. But she was Victoria’s slave, still, whether Victoria was here or not, and she knew she would long for tomorrow’s class… though she didn’t know if Victoria would attend or not… if she did, she would look out and find her in the crowd of students… her eyes would slip over Victoria’s and catch there…

No one would know. Laura usually chose a single spot somewhere in the auditorium and taught to that spot; the spot she would choose from now on would be Victoria’s eyes. It would all look the same from her students’ perspective… and Laura was a good enough teacher, a good enough speaker that she would be able to teach at the same level of quality she always had… all while she was snared in a look from Victoria… her mind being dragged down to drown… and learn new things in the death that would come from each look… whatever Victoria wanted her to know… and knowing that would be right when Victoria said it was right…

Victoria paused in the office doorway, and smiled once more. “I’ll see you soon, Laura.”

Then she was gone and the doorway was empty and Laura was alone in her office. Tomorrow’s morning class couldn’t come soon enough… until then, she’d have to be content with her memory… in her mind, she was already seeing Victoria’s blue eyes all over again.

* * *