The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“DarkWave VR: Furries”

Part 2 of 2

in which Ethan and Sarah put on a show to demonstrate the power her VR avatar has. Hopefully they’ll attract the DarkWave CEO’s attention so they can hack into her computer.

* * *

Above the lounge at the Leash and Collar Club was a short hallway with three doors, each with a sign:

“Gym,”
“Viewing Room,” and
“Play Room.”

Next to the play room was another sign:

“Notice: Opening this door will alert all participating Leash and Collar members that a performance will begin shortly. Private rooms are available downstairs.”

Sarah opened the door.

The play room was a surprisingly large open space with room for several couples to play without disturbing each other. There was a big comfy-looking four-post bed, a large sturdy table, plenty of bondage gear that they wouldn’t be using… and a giant mirror that completely covered one entire wall of the large room. That was a two-way mirror, and behind it (hopefully) an audience was gathering who wanted to see what she and Ethan could do.

She took her time looking around the room while she tried to sych herself up to playing the role of a showy Dom. If everything went to plan, this performance would be quite a bit beyond the kind of play she and Ethan had done so far. But it was Ethan who had scripted the whole thing, even if he didn’t remember it.

She had no way of knowing if anyone was watching yet, but after a few minutes she decided she’d given them enough of a chance to show up if they were going to.

“Anyone who sees me,” She announced in the direction of the mirror, “will fall under my power, just as this poor ferret has. Ferret, take off your clothes and lie down on the table.”

He did. His ferret cock was already hard. Watching a ferret lie down on his back is a bit like dropping a long piece of string: he ROLLED his spine onto the table from one end to the other.

“You’re very flexible, aren’t you?” she asked him.

Ethan nodded.

“Are you flexible enough to suck your own cock?”

He nodded again.

“Would this embarrass you if you weren’t under my control—being exposed in front of an audience and discussing masturbation?”

Again, he nodded.

“Have you ever been naked in front of an audience before?

He shook his head “no.”

“You want to lick you cock, but you can’t move. You want to suck and tease and swallow but you’re stuck in place. You want to bury that cock in your own throat, all the way to the hilt, and pound that mouth of yours, but you can’t until I release you.”

Ethan’s furry body began squirming and straining against invisible bonds. Precum dropped from his cock.

She let him struggle for a bit, then announced, “I release you NOW.”

His hips and his head both flew upwards and met in the air above his torso. His cock slammed into his mouth repeatedly as he sucked himself off quite roughly.

“You’re going soft, but your need is increasing. You’re getting hornier but your body is losing interest. You’re getting more and more desperate, but you’re feeling less and less pleasure..”

Ethan thrashed and twisted on the table, desperate to feel more pleasure. He licked, he sucked… he CHEWED.

“Freeze. Continue to let your desire grow. You’re already hornier than you’ve ever been. Double that. Triple that. Grow that need for pleasure until I tell you to stop or allow you to cum.”

Frozen like a stature with his own cock in his mouth, there was no visible change in Ethan.

“Lie down flat on the table again and let your dick shrink as your desire grows. Show this audience what ‘ice-water cold’ looks like.”

Sarah actually felt a little embarrassed for him, but still—he had agreed to this beforehand, and she was about to make it up to him (for a little while, at least).

“Now let your cock begin to get hard… good… good… Fully hard now… Good. Now get harder than that… feel that pressure pounding inside your cock. Now harder… and even harder still. Let that cock show just how you feel right now. Harder!” The veins in his straining cock throbbed and pulsed.

“Think about the rabbit that you saw downstairs. HARDER. Remember what her naked body looked like. HARDER. Imagine what it would feel like to touch her. To be touched by her… now cum!”

No sooner had she said the word than semen shot from his cock, past his head and off the table… again, and again, covering the floor with the sticky mess.

“Stay hard. I’ll tell you when we’re done. From now on, whenever that bunny touches you, you will cum like that. You don’t even know her name yet, but if she so much as taps you on the shoulder, you’ll immediately cum. Any touch. Do you understand?”

“Yes,” he replied breathily, although she doubted that any audience could hear him.

“Good. Again, now. Cum.” His back arched as he shot his load all over himself. She waited until he was still.

“Imagine that she’s kissing you. Cum.” He was beginning to go dry. He still arched his back and bucked his hips, but only a little cum dribbled out.

“Again. Cum and don’t stop cumming until I say to. This is one long continuous orgasm… keep going…” she waited while he bucked and thrashed on the table… she waited and watched him writhe for a few minutes… and a bit longer still before stopping him.

“Now another trick. Go fully soft and then hard again, over and over.” Sure enough, his erection softened and relaxed. A moment later it was hardening again, swelling and rising. As soon as it was firmly pointed upwards, it immediately began to shrink and shrivel. It took him about 5 seconds for his cock to go fully soft. It took 6 or 7 seconds for it to go fully erect each time.

“Faster… good. Now even faster… faster…” The exercises continued. After a few minutes of practice he managed to get a full hard erection in 3 seconds, then lose it completely in the next 3 seconds.

“Very good. Stay soft and cum.” He did.

“Now get hard and masturbate, but don’t cum and don’t stop—I want you to edge endlessly, getting more desperate again as you go.”

She turned to face the mirror and the potential audience behind it. “The next show will involve audience participation. I’m going to keep him on the edge for the next hour before letting him release. If any of the Doms and Masters in the audience would like their subs and pets to do tricks like this, have them waiting here beside my ferret when the show starts. I’ll return them to you fully entranced and commandable. Anyone and everyone who wants to be controlled should stand by the helplessly masturbating ferret in one hour. Tell your friends.”

She strode confidently out of the room, despite the cloak, leaving poor Ethan alone with his audience. She hoped he’d be alright. She hurried down the stairs and collapsed into a large chair by the fire. The lounge was empty. She was exhausted. She wasn’t normally a dominant personality, so while this kind of control was a big turn-on for her, it wasn’t something she was used to doing. All that confidence was purely an act—an act to fulfill the fantasy he had described to her while entranced in the library, but also an act designed to attract the attention of a large audience. Despite the quiet lounge, this club had a lot of members who wanted to control or be controlled. Word should spread quickly. Hopefully the DarkWave CEO herself would notice.

The large wolf who had greeted them sat down in a nearby chair and handed her a glass. “Basil Lemonade with a touch of salt. It will help replenish you.”

She accepted the glass and turned away from him to drink it without being seen. It was delicious.

“Thank you. That’s wonderful.”

“That’s quite the wonderful ability you have.”

“Um, well… Oh, and sorry for involving your bunny without asking—I just got caught up in the moment!”

He laughed. It was a warm, rich sound. “Don’t worry. Bunny will definitely enjoy surprising your ferret from time to time!”

“Does she want to be part of the next act?” She asked him.

“Oh, yes. She wouldn’t miss it for the world. You should have seen her watching you up there! She’s already waiting next to him!”

“That’s good,” she sighed.

“You sound exhausted! Did you come down here to rest?”

“Umm,” she hesitated, not wanting to be rude.

“Say no more! I shall make sure you’re not disturbed… by me or by any other! Enjoy your ‘repose’ my lady.”

She smiled, though he couldn’t see it. “Thank you, sir.”

She set a timer and curled up under the weight of her cloak—nobody bothered her. She may have slept. When the timer went off and she risked a look around, the lounge was empty. Her heart sank, worried that nobody had come… although logically anyone who wanted to participate should already be upstairs. She straightened her cloak and went up the steps one by one, trying to build up her courage. She took a deep breath and opened the playroom door.

The huge room was packed.

She had no idea how many people could comfortably fit in this room, but this was more than that. Maybe 200 people? She couldn’t tell. It could just as easily be 100 or 300, she supposed. There was barely enough room to squeeze her way through the crowd to make her way back to Ethan. She finally made it, holding her cloak tight about her. She heard him before she saw him. He was still going strong—pumping, grunting and moaning quite loudly. His tail twisted and writhed at the end of the table.

She brushed the fur back on his forehead. “You’re doing great, sweetie.”

She turned and made her way towards the mirror. She didn’t stop until she was pressed up against the glass with nobody in front of her. She raised her voice. “Welcome to the show. All you must do is gaze upon me to fall under my control. Anyone watching who wishes to remain in control of their own mind and body should look away now until I tell you in a few minutes that it’s safe. You have been warned.” She knew that a few furries in the viewing room wouldn’t heed the message, but that was okay—they would just put on their own accidental show in the wrong room.

Packed in this tightly, she couldn’t let the cloak fall gracefully to the floor, but she did manage to wriggle out of it. The nearest furs were already staring mindlessly. Some were drooling. She pushed her way through the crowd, feeling everyone’s silky furry bodies and coarse clothing slide against her own bare skin. She left a wake of blank staring faces behind. She circled through the room, spiraling inwards towards Ethan, making sure to be seen by everyone.

There were species of all kinds, some nude and some not. Foxes were probably the most common, with cats after that—especially among the girls. There were a couple of birds, a few bunnies (though she hadn’t seen THAT bunny yet), wolves, mice, a few bats—who may have actually been demons or succubi, a horse, a dragon, and even a unicorn, along with many many more. Was that an octopus-girl? She looked like walking tentacle porn just waiting to happen.

Of course most of the guys had customized their furry avatar with the biggest cock they could get, which made pushing her way through the crowd a bit more interesting. Some areas felt like she was exploring a jungle made of animal-dicks. After a while she stopped trying to avoid touching them. How many women could say they’ve squeezed a unicorn cock? She slapped a couple of asses along the way, too… as long as she could, she might as well.

She made it to the middle.

“Is there anyone I’ve missed? Anyone in here still able to think for themselves? Okay. If you can see my cloak, please pass it towards me. Yes, thank you… it’s once again safe for the audience to look this way.”

Ethan continued pumping, panting, and moaning, his eyes staring blankly into space.

“I’d bet almost none of these people woke up this morning suspecting they’d be helpless puppets this afternoon.” She announced. “But look at them now. Masturbate, puppets. But don’t cum.”

She turned her back to the mirror and lifted her hood enough to get a good look around. Everyone was moving and writhing. Some were taking off their clothes, while some were already nude. Others were rubbing through their clothing. Everyone was masturbating, though—and with so much bare skin and fur packed in so tightly, everyone was masturbating and rubbing against each other.

The scent was intoxicating. With a start, she realized that she had been rubbing herself too. She reluctantly pulled her hand away and tried to focus. That’s when she noticed the bunny.

It was the girl from before—the Wolf’s pet, to whom she had given the power to make Ethan orgasm instantly. She was pressing her clit against the corner of the table, inches from Ethan’s head—she really had been first in line to stand next to him. She stood now on her tip-toes and held onto the edges of the table with both hands as she ground her hips into the corner. Her smallish breasts heaved as she gasped and panted, licking her lips. Her ears were flopped back behind her head, which was tilted up towards the ceiling. Her eyes were closed. Sarah saw similar expressions on the rest of her thralls around the room.

“Oh my god,” she said under her breath as she noticed the octopus girl who was ‘masturbating’ by pushing her own tentacles in and out of her own mouth, pussy, and ass.

Some furries had dropped to their knees, others were lying on the floor or leaning on the wall (or each other) for support. Through it all, Ethan kept going.

Sarah set a hand gently on his chest. She spoke quietly, just to him. “Keep going—I’m proud of you. I need to talk to everyone else for a moment. Keep feeling more and more desperate.” She stood up straight and spoke loudly.

“Everybody look at the person next to you. Study what they’re doing for a while… Good… Now, instead of pleasuring yourself, reach over and pleasure them. Take over doing exactly what they were doing. Go.”

A gryphon picked up the bunny and was grinding her crotch against the table the same way she had been while she, in turn, tried to jack him off by hand. Most people just reached over and started giving each other hand-jobs. She let them continue for a while.

“Now stop. Stand up and relax. FEEL the pleasure that you felt a moment ago. Let it bring you almost to orgasm, but not quite. Only when the person next to you cums, will you be able to cum as well.”

She looked around at everyone breathing heavily just standing there. She continued, " When you do cum, you will freeze mid orgasm, unable to move, your expression and position as if captured in a photograph... But you’ll continue to feel the ‘paused’ orgasm, cumming forever as you’re trapped in time until you’re told to move again. But for now, just stand there and let the pleasure bring you to the edge.”

Everyone was standing mostly still and edging hands-free. They were panting, gasping for breath and leaning on each other for support. Sarah leaned over to the bunny and whispered in her long ears.

“Are you on the edge of orgasm?”

She nodded, lips quivering.

“Will you cum if the person next to you does?”

The bunny nodded again. “Yes,” she whispered.

Sarah smiled. “Then kiss this ferret and let him finally cum from your touch.”

This was the grand finale, and it was a hell of a kiss. With that single kiss, Ethan’s orgasm exploded. As he came, the people around him did as well, hunching over or leaning back, faces contorted in pleasure. The wave of orgasms quickly spread through the room as everyone came at once, then froze in place, including Ethan and Bunny.

The bunny, therefore, was still kissing the ferret, both of them frozen in place like statues, both still feeling exactly what they were feeling when they froze, still cumming—he had earned it.

Sarah took a moment and looked around the room packed with pornographic furry statues in the throws of ecstasy. This was not how she expected her life would turn out.

She leaned in close and whispered, “Ethan and Bunny: unfreeze.”

They shivered and twitched as Bunny finished her orgasm, her lips still touching his. Sarah chuckled. “Okay, Bunny. You can stop kissing him now.”

Obediently, Bunny stood up and awaited further instructions. Ethan took longer to recover, but eventually he lay still. Sarah gave him a kiss too.

Sarah spoke up. “Everyone listen! Later… after you log out—wake up. Wake up from trance when you log out of DarkWave, and REMEMBER everything that happened to you here.”

She wasn’t sure if that would work, but it was worth a try. Ethan deserved to at least remember that kiss after all he went through before getting it.

She turned back to the window. “Masters and Doms, have fun. They will do whatever you tell them to do, but if you leave them frozen like this too long they’ll eventually idle out. I hope you enjoyed this part of the show. The rest is in your hands now.”

In a quieter voice, she added, “Ethan, log out. I’ll see you in the real world.”

She waited until he vanished, then signed out too.

When the dark waves receded, she was standing in her bedroom next to Ethan, who was shaking his head and rubbing his eyes.

“You’re awake!” She said. “I wasn’t sure if that would work!”

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, shakily. “I remember all of it…” he sat down heavily on the bed, still strapped into the gear. “No one… will ever forget that!”

* * *

“DING!”

The next morning, the ‘flea’ script got a hit: the CEO had logged in. The flea had bit, and was now pinging messages back from her personal laptop. This wasn’t helpful yet, but Rex would be able to follow her tracks from here and see what she planned to do about DarkWave’s white void problem.

Sarah walked in. “I heard a ‘ding.’ does that mean you’ve got something?”

“Yeah... Sort of. At this point, we’re still going to be gathering information—we don’t know for certain that Queen wants to use your power for her own evil, but we’re a step closer to figuring that out. It’s up to Rex now to keep an eye on her.”

“So you’ve got some free time?”

“Sure!” He said, spinning around in his chair. “What did you have in mind?”

“Practice.”

“Practice?”

“Yes. Practice,” she agreed…

They stared at each other in silence for a moment before Sarah started giggling. “Okay, okay. I went to the library the other day and checked out—I mean, the REAL library—and checked out some books on hypnosis. If I lose my DarkWave account, I still want to be able to mess with your mind.”

He stared at her, eyes wide.

“And,” she continued, “I’ve been studying. Now I need to try out what I’ve learned. So…” she waited for him to respond.

“...Practice,” he whispered, a look of awe in his face.

“Yes. Practice.” She agreed.

* * *

“Things are moving fast,” he said at dinner.

“That’s good, right?” She asked, cutting a bite of grilled chicken.

“Yeah. We’ve already got backdoor access to the DarkWave office computers. For a tech CEO, Helen W. Queen is really sloppy with IT security—we were able to jump from her laptop to her office in no time.”

She sipped her wine. “So what happens next?”

He was practically bouncing in his seat. “It’s better than we could have hoped for! We have a template for spying INSIDE DarkWave—without jacking in through a rig! Apparently Queen has access to a PC client called “Magic Mirror” that lets her see their world like there’s an invisible security camera in every room. Rex is working on writing a version of it that we can use from here by bouncing the signal through their own computers—then we can see your character in 2d, hopefully without getting zonked. And maybe we can find out exactly what Queen wants to do with you.”

* * *

When Sarah returned with Ethan to the Leash and Collar, he was carrying a ceramic lawn gnome.

In the lobby, they found the wolf and his bunny in their usual spot. Bunny, still kneeling naked and exposed on the floor, smiled at them, but didn’t otherwise move. Sarah couldn’t get the image out of her head of Bunny grinding on the table in the throws of ecstasy. Of course, Ethan would have had an even better view of her during the shiw if his eyes hadn’t been closed at the time.

But Bunny and the wolf weren’t alone. There was also an elegantly dressed doe with a nude male racoon kneeling at her feet. The racoon was staring sightlessly at the fireplace while the doe stroked the fur on his head. Sarah peered out from the shadows of her hood. Had there been a problem after her show? Why was this boy still enthralled?

Ethan spoke up first, pointing at the dazed racoon. “Is he…?”

“Hypnotized, yes,” replied the doe. He’s been my subject for a very long time, but we never spent much time here at the Collar until word of your performance spread. This has become ‘the place to be’ in the hypnokink community. And it’s quite a lovely place, I’ve found.”

“I’ve had to build another set of play and viewing rooms just for hypnosis shows!” The wolf added.

Sarah turned to look at the wolf. “YOU had to? Are you the owner? That’s perfect!”

He laughed heartily, showing his teeth. “I never introduced myself? How rude! My name is Alphus, proprietor of the Leash and Collar. This is Eleanor and Kit, some of our newest members.”

“Uh, my name’s Ethan.”

“Sarah.”

“Charmed.”

“So—” started Alphus before he suddenly stopped and looked at Bunny, who had her hand resting on his leg. She was silently looking up at him. “Oh, Bunny—of course, but that’s up to Miss Sarah… if she thinks it will still work on him.”

Bunny looked silently up at Sarah with a questioning expression… she glanced at Ethan then back to Sarah. Ethan almost dropped the gnome.

Sarah shrugged. “Well, I don’t know if it will work when he’s not in trance, but you’re welcome to try, Bunny!”

“Oh, it will work,” chuckled Eleanor. “Look at his eyes. He’s expecting it to work, and that means it will. That fear and excitement that he can’t hide—deep down he knows that it’s in him forever—there’s no escape.”

Alphus nodded slowly. “I think you’re right. I can smell that helpless aroused fear on him. Perhaps you should set down that gnome.”

Eleanor spoke quietly to Kit, the racoon. After a few seconds he blinked and began to stir. “You need to see this, Kit. Then you’ll drop right back under when it’s done.”

Kit nodded sleepily and looked around.

Ethan put the ceramic lawn gnome statue on the floor and stood back up, adjusting his pants and licking his dry lips… and adjusting his pants again. His hands were shaking. Alphus unclipped the leash from Bunny’s collar as Ethan took a hesitant step towards her.

But he never made it that far. From ten feet away the nude little bunny suddenly leapt through the air, wrapping her arms and legs around the startled ferret, whose sudden grunts were muffled by her passionate kiss as he stumbled backwards into the wall. As he continued cumming, she slowly unwrapped herself from him, standing on tiptoes to hold the kiss just a moment longer before running back to kneel on the floor at Alphus’ feet. Ethan dropped to all fours, gasping for breath.

Sarah grinned. This was just the kind of fun she had hoped for when she told him what Bunny’s touch would do!

“And what’s so wonderful about that,” Eleanor pointed out, “is that she could do that to him again right now, couldn’t she, and you’d experience it just the same, as often and as long as she wanted, right Ethan?”

He nodded weakly.

Bunny grinned wickedly as Ethan wobbily struggled to his feet, a sticky wet stain on the crotch of his jeans.

Eleanor shook her head in amazement. “The white void is powerful.”

Alphus petted Bunny on the head. “But that’s not why you came here today, is it? I would guess that you’re here, not to uh, ‘socialize,’ but to redecorate… for some reason?”

“Uh, well,” started Sarah. She looked to Ethan for help explaining, but he was still catching his breath. “We should talk, but not here.”

“I know it’s—,” Ethan paused, still trying to catch his breath. “Wow, sorry—that was… uh… intense—amazing.”

Bunny winked and blew him a kiss. Ethan shivered, and hugged Sarah for support, almost hiding behind her. “What I’m trying to say,” he finally managed to get out, “is that I know it’s considered rude to ask, and I’m very sorry about that, but can we talk in real life? We can’t discuss this in-game, and we could really use your help.”

Alphus smiled a toothy wolf’s grin. “Of course! That’s what friends are for. Do you want to text me?”

Ethan and Sarah looked at each other. “It’s a bit long for texting.” Sarah thought out loud. “Can we call you?”

Alphus replied with a phone number.

“Oh, cool,” said Sarah. “You’re in our area code.”

“Extraordinary!” boomed Alphus. “We must meet in person. What city are you in?”

They exchanged information—they were an hour and a half apart. They agreed to meet Alphus at a restaurant for lunch about half-way.

They left Eleanor looking at the gnome in confusion.

Kit looked at nothing.

* * *

Ethan was driving through the light rain. The windshield wipers squeaked rhythmically.

“It’s weird…” he started, hesitating.

“What’s weird?” Sarah asked.

He laughed. “Well, what ISN’T these days! But no—I’ve been thinking about Bunny.”

“I’ll bet you have!”

“It’s just that… I felt like I was cheating on you when she leapt on me… even though you’re the one who did that to me! Does that make sense?”

Sarah rested her hand on his shoulder. “It’s okay, Ethan. I’m not jealous. I’m the one who made you react to her. I think it’s really hot, and I know you think it is too, since you told me about it in the library. Don’t let your worries get in the way of enjoying our mind-games… or sex-games, I suppose. Unless you really want me to take away the power she has over you… Should I make sure she can’t ever do it again?”

Ethan shivered. “If you’re really okay with it, then I’m okay with not having a choice.” He squirmed in his seat. “The whole thing is just… weird. I said that already. And really hot. I know I’ve said that too.”

They kept driving, the wipers still squeaking.

He did feel better, though.

* * *

They called Alphus as they pulled into the parking lot, just as the rain was stopping. He was still a few minutes away.

When he arrived, he greeted them in the lobby with a big hug. He was as big in the real world as he was in DarkWave.

“Sophie should be here in a few minutes, too.”

Sarah and Ethan looked confused. “Who’s Sophie?” Ethan asked.

“Ah! Sorry—Bunny. Bunny’s coming to join us. In this world, she’s called Sophie. Oh, and she is not my pet. We only play when we’re logged in.”

“Is your name really Alphus in this world?” Sarah asked.

Alphus shrugged. “It’s what everyone calls me—in both worlds—so, sure.”

They agreed that that was reasonable, and sat down at a booth. They decided to order drinks while they waited. None of them had ever been here before, but it looked good online and it was convenient to the highway.

A few minutes later, Alphus started grinning and looking up at the ceiling. There was nothing interesting up there, so Ethan looked around the Cafe’... and found himself nearly nose-to-nose with a young woman who was slowly reaching her finger out to poke him.

He scrambled backwards into the booth, but only succeeded in squishing Sarah, who immediately started laughing. “You must be Sophie!” she said.

“Sarah!”

Sophie squealed in excitement as she bounced into the booth next to Alphus. “He’s even cuter in real life! You must let me play with him some time, Sarah—I’m just going to eat him up! Look at that face—he thinks it could work here! Do you really think it could? Remember what Eleanor said? If he thinks it can—oh my gosh look at him! I want to touch him!”

“You’ve had too much caffeine today, haven’t you my dear?” Alphus gave her a big hug.

Sophie was thin and muscular, with short-cropped hair. She was practically bouncing in her seat. “So tell us how we can help. I assume this is about your freaky avatar, Sarah?”

Sarah nodded and looked at Ethan, who was eyeing Sophie nervously. He gathered his nerves, took a deep breath, and cleared his throat. “Okay. As you know, there’s something very odd about Sarah’s character…”

He told them the story. He and his team had gotten into nearly every system at DarkWave, (including security cameras), but they hadn’t found any discussions about Sarah. They knew Helen W. Queen herself was involved, but they didn’t know how or precisely why, and the complete lack of any information was more than just suspicious.

Alphus and Sophie listened quietly to the tale. When it was done, Sophie spoke up. “Rumor is, all of the DarkWave character data is only accessible from INSIDE the simulation, and they must be using the VR system to hold their meetings. Hacking into their systems is impressive, but it’s not enough. You need to be inside DarkWave to see Sarah’s code—and it’s even more secure than real life is.”

“Or it was until Ethan came along,” laughed Sarah.

Ethan grinned. “That’s where gnomes come in!”

Alphus looked completely lost. “Of course, a gnome… why didn’t I think of that?”

“The gnomes statues,” Ethan explained, “are spies. They act like cameras that will show us what’s going on inside DarkWave, but they also scan for nearby teleports. It checks the coords against the database and looks for places outside of the public gamespace—like where the developer might place a conference room or an office, for example.”

“Alphus leaned back in the booth, nodding. “So you want to put it in the Leash and Collar? No problem.”

“Just one?” asked Sophie, scowling. “You’ll need them all over town.”

Sarah squeezed Ethan’s hand and looked at Sophie. “You’re right. We’ll need them to be everywhere. Putting them in the park is one thing, but do you have any friends who could help distribute them further? We can’t talk about it in-game because Queen has her own spy-system, but we need permission to put them in the privately owned bars, theaters, parks, clubhouses, stadiums… Do you know people who have online land that you could talk to in the real world?”

Alphus beamed. “You leave it to me! Tell me where I can get more, and you’ll have them all over town in no time!”

Sophie squeezed her eyes shut and squealed in excitement. “Eee! This is great! You came to the right guy. Alphus knows everybody!”

Ethan nodded. “All we need is permission, and we can ’port some wherever they’re needed.”

They worked out some of the details and had a delicious lunch. Afterwards, there were hugs all around, except for Ethan who refused to be hugged by Sophie in public, just in case.

* * *

The gnomes were going out, and the images were coming in. Sarah insisted that they shouldn’t watch innocent people who didn’t know they were being watched unless it was in a large crowd—so there wasn’t much interesting content overall. Lots of people in the park commented on how strange it was to suddenly have gnomes everywhere.

Someone had put a gnome in the new Leash and Collar viewing room, and so Sarah and Ethan could watch hypnosis shows whenever they wanted. Some of the couples were quite talented… others, not so much! Even watching from a laptop, Ethan could rarely make it through most any of the performances without accidentally going under. Sarah made sure to stay with him each time just in case she needed to modify any sloppy suggestions from the show that weren’t intended for him and didn’t seem like a good idea. She wondered if he had always been this suggestible, or if it was a side effect of the void.

Sarah also logged back in when the Leash and Collar was empty and flashed a gnome to see if the void effect was negated by watching it on a laptop. When she made it back, Ethan was awake and alert.

“Nothing happened—it’s just plain white on the screen.”

Sarah was laughing. “Doing that felt so ridiculous!”

They saw Eleanor on camera in the lounge a few times. Unfortunately, they couldn’t say ‘hi’ because they were logged in through the gnomes, which couldn’t talk or move… or really do much of anything more than ordinary ceramic lawn gnome statues could… assuming lawn gnomes could record video, track your movements, and teleport around town.

Most teleports they logged were to and from locations on the directory. Most of the others mapped out to regions tagged for private residences. A very few furries were teleporting to locations that weren’t even on the map—locations that were literally “off the charts.”

Ethan pointed to a line of text on the screen. “That’s exactly what we’re looking for!”

On the lounge camera, they could see Alphus and Eleanor sitting by the fire with Bunny and Kit. Sarah decided to sign in and tell them the good news, while Ethan tried to decode specifically which characters were ’porting beyond the world-border.

She stripped down, suited up, blinked three times, and was tumbled by the tidal wave. She washed ashore standing in the park. There were three gnomes watching her from there. She jumped ahead to the Leash & Collar, wondering if Ethan was watching on a gnome cam or if he was buried in his code, typing away at a million miles per hour—her very own prince of fingers on the keyboard.

She stepped into the lounge. Everything was just as it had been on camera.

Alphus stood up to give her a big hug. Bunny smiled at her, but didn’t move. Eleanor grinned. Kit didn’t even blink.

“I wanted to come tell you the good news in person. We have our data, and Ethan’s working on getting some more useful information from it.”

Eleanor stood up suddenly. “That’s wonderful, dear.” She reached into her bag and pulled out an apple.

“Here, Sarah—to celebrate!”

Sarah stared at it for a moment. It was an odd celebration gift, but she wasn’t going to refuse it. She accepted the apple and held it under her cloak to take a bite. When she did, a tidal wave of numbing darkness swept across the world, sweeping her up with it. It deposited her… into more darkness? She reached out her arms to feel around and quickly realized that she was trapped in a small box… without her cloak. Her box was barely wide enough and tall enough for her to stand in. Her head bumped the top when she stood up on her tiptoes. Her elbows bumped the walls when she moved her arms. The walls were smooth. They felt like and (tap tap) sounded like—glass.

* * *

At the Leash and Collar, Alphus watched Sarah accept the strange gift. Then the massive cloak fluttered to the floor, empty. Nothing he’d seen in the game before would ’port someone away without their clothes.

“Sarah?” He called out.

Eleanore was smiling as she also suddenly ’ported away, her clothes going with her as was normal. Nothing else about the situation was normal. Kit sat abandoned, staring into space. Bunny stood up. “I’m going to log out and call her. You stay here in case she comes back.”

Alphus nodded weakly. Whatever just happened, it wasn’t good. Something was wrong, and Eleanor hadn’t been surprised or worried.

Bunny also vanished as she logged out. (She hadn’t been wearing anything in the first place.)

* * *

Ethan was still coding when his phone buzzed. It said “Bunny.” Sophie had typed in “Bunny” when she put her number in his phone? Just the thought of her gave him the shivers. Just seeing her name on his phone now made him instantly hard, but also scared—like the top of a rollercoaster… like a blowjob at the top of a rollercoaster. He kept thinking about that kiss in the lounge the day they dropped off the gnome—although calling it just a kiss was ridiculous… and the way her body wrapped around his… It reminded him of that time with Sarah in the kitchen… and Bunny had made him cum so hard! So suddenly... So helplessly… that kiss!

The phone buzzed in his hand again. He tapped the button to answer and put it up to his ear. He closed his eyes. “Hello?” He held his breath. His hands were shaking.

“Is Sarah okay?”

“Um, yes?” He opened his eyes and stood up quickly. “She logged in to go see you guys.”

He went upstairs to check on her.

“She vanished just after getting there.” Bunny explained. “I think something’s wrong… I think Eleanor might be Queen… she did something to her.”

Ethan opened the bedroom door. “Sarah?”

She stood there with her eyes closed, naked except for the straps and helmet of the VR rig. “Sarah, are you back?”

He spoke into the phone again. “She’s still inside the game.”

“Can your gnomes tell where she was ’ported to?”

“No. I’m still working on that. I can only see a list of destinations, not who went where. I think I’ve got the data, but I can’t get that information from it. Maybe it’s not there. Should I wake her up?”

Sophie hesitated. “Maybe not… if we can find her avatar, maybe we can stop Queen. I take it you found some off-grid coordinates in your scan?”

“Several.”

“Good. Send gnomes to all of them.”

She hung up.

* * *

In the darkness…

CLICK “Hello, Sarah.”

It sounded to Sarah like the loudspeaker in a school, but muted through the glass. It might have been Eleanor’s voice.

“We’ve deactivated your logout privileges, so you’re going to have to stand in the scanner box while we boot up another server. This could take a moment.”

Sarah didn’t know what that meant, but if her box was actual glass, then maybe she could break out. Simply punching the glass didn’t do anything, so she started trying to knock it over. She slammed her naked body into one wall and then the other. The box started teetering. It was terrifying, especially in total darkness. What if the box was on a ledge? Or at the top of a staircase? She kept going. It was working! The box balanced on its edge, then started to fall, picking up speed as it raced to horizontal in the dark.

When it hit the floor, so did Sarah’s head.

CLICK “What was that noise?”

* * *

Ethan was copying and pasting coordinates into the gnome teleport script. Rex was messaging the team to get everyone monitoring the camera feeds. Sophie logged back in to update Alphus before logging off to help scan the videos.

* * *

Sarah woke up disoriented, with a splitting headache. This wasn’t her bedroom.

In a rush, it all came back to her. She was trapped in a glass box in the dark. Lying on the floor like this, it felt more like a glass coffin. It hadn’t broken. She tried kicking the end of the box, but she was only bruising her bare feet. Lying on her stomach, she had just enough room to lift herself up into her elbows. She reached up and felt her head—at least she wasn’t bleeding.

Suddenly the room was filled with blinding light.

“Hello?” She asked. “Is anyone there?”

Her voice echoed VERY strangely.

Her box was on the floor of a science lab of some sort. There were two desks side-by-side. Both desks had the same office supplies arranged exactly the same way. In fact… everything in the room was in pairs. There were even two wire mesh trash-cans with the same crumpled up paper arranged the same way in each.

The loudspeaker clicked on again. “Are you entranced yet?” Eleanor’s voice also echoed strangely.

Sarah rolled over to look up at the speakers mounted on the wall near the ceiling. It was as if the two speakers were slightly out of sync.

“What’s going on?” she asked. “Where am I? Why are there two of everything?”

The double Eleanor voices answered, “because the game is running twice in that room. You’ll see why if you look around.”

Motion caught her attention, so she instinctively turned to look—even though she knew what she’d see. Lying on the floor beyond her feet, Sarah saw a white silhouette in a matching glass box. It had just turned to look at her. It moved in perfect sync with her because it WAS her—it was her own character loaded into the same game twice. It was fascinating. To her own eyes, her in-game body had always just looked like a white paper cutout, but now… It was totally different seeing the void from an outside perspective. There was depth. This wasn’t a part of the world—it was a window into the space where the world WASN’T. Her eyes tried to focus on the white, but it was endless.

The speakers clicked on again. “Now are you entranced?”

“Yes,” she heard both herselves say in unison, but her voices were coming from far away… on the other side of the endless expanse of white.

“Good. Start masturbating.”

A quieter voice over the loudspeaker said, “oh that’s fun. okay guys, kill the lights again, shut down the echo and start scanni—” The speaker cut off mid word, but Sarah didn’t care. It wasn’t important any more. All that mattered was the void and the pleasure. The room went dark again, but she didn’t notice. She didn’t need light to see the emptiness inside her own mind.

No one noticed when a half dozen gnomes quietly appeared in the room with her.

* * *

Ethan scrolled through the gnome video feeds of places outside the public game world. Some of the footage showed offices. Some showed conference rooms or waiting areas. A few showed featureless grassy fields that extended as far as the eye could see. A few gnomes stopped working when they reached this one destination—they just showed a plain black video feed. It was probably a location that had been deleted from the server and no longer existed. Most locations were empty rooms. Some video feeds contained people—well… furries mostly, but not all of them—there were human people too.

Wherever there were living beings, panic ensued with the arrival of the gnomes. Sometimes they would try to smash them, but the gnomes were coded to be unbreakable. It was amusing to watch, but none of them were showing Sarah.

If they couldn’t find her, they’d have failed.

And they couldn’t find her. They had the whole team looking through all the video, and Sara wasn’t on it anywhere. It was time to wake her up.

Ethan sulked up the stairs, dragging his feet. He opened the bedroom door and stared at her for a moment. She was beautiful. She looked so helpless standing there asleep in the rig. She was anything but helpless when she was awake, though. She was strong, smart, kind, funny… kinky… he chuckled. Bunny could make him cum, but it was Sara’s twisted sense of humor that made it so. They were both sexy, but Sarah was… special. And he was pretty sure he loved her.

And right now she needed his help. He kissed her and stepped back.

Nothing happened.

That should have kicked in the emergency boot-out. He kissed her again… Then he started shouting. “HEY! SARAH! WAKE UP!”

He shook her shoulders. He grabbed her arms and moved them around. He dragged her towards the bed and let her fall backwards into the mattress. This was bad.

He texted Bunny. “She won’t wake up!”

There was a pause. He paced back and forth, staring at his phone screen. She responded, “what if she’s in the dark?”

The next message continued, “are the black feeds just a dark room?”

And, “they’d keep her in the dark for their own safety.”

And, “I’m going in.”

Ethan stared at his phone. This was too much to process. There were a million responses racing through his head. In the end, “be careful” was all he could come up with.

He tried again to wake Sarah, then ran down the stairs to the cameras. Bunny appeared in the park, then quickly vanished again.

Then nothing. She must have ’ported into the darkness and gotten booted… or trapped like Sarah. He texted her, “are you ok?”

She didn’t answer.

Then there was movement in the dark feeds. A flashlight!

Bunny shined the flashlight around the dark room. It was a laboratory. Then the light fell on Sarah in her glass box, and Bunny sighed in relief. “Found… you…”

In the footage, Bunny’s face went slack as she fell under the spell. She dropped the flashlight and it rolled away in a slight curve on the floor, but it was still providing a bit of light. Inside the box, Ethan could just see Sarah, resting peacefully. No… she was wiggling… she was… no, that can’t be right.

Ethan turned from the cameras and ran upstairs again. He strapped himself in and connected. From the park, he punched in Sarah’s coordinates, closed his eyes, and ’ported. When the swirling waves cleared he spoke. “Sarah? Can you hear me?”

“mmm yes, mmm.” Came the quiet reply, with a fair bit of moaning too. He had heard her make that noise before, but she sounded different somehow. She was definitely masturbating in the box.

“Are you in trance?” he asked.

“Unnnh… yes… oh… oh…”

“Can you log out?”

“Nnn… nnn.. nnn.. oh!”

He had to get her out. With his eyes still closed, he took a step towards her voice and immediately bumped into Bunny’s naked body.

“Oh god!” The orgasm hit him immediately, and he was cumming in his pants again. When he kept cumming without stopping, he realized that he was still touching her. He stumbled backwards and landed on the floor. He hit his head, but not hard. Looking up he saw Bunny’s white silky legs, perfect round ass, and fluffy bunny tail in front of him as his orgasm faded. Suddenly remembering, he closed his eyes again. Thankfully, Bunny had blocked his view of Sarah.

He needed to finish this before company arrived.

“Sarah, listen to me. When you’re in the void, your mind can do incredible things, right? Eleanor said that the white void is powerful. Like just now when I touched Bunny—that’s not something that I could just decide to do on my own. The void lets my mind do it… maybe even in the real world. You can wake yourself up! Your body is in the real world. Your mind is in the real world. With the void, your mind can do anything. Don’t try to use the system to log out. Just BE out. You can do this. Wake Up!”

Ethan heard a door open. He shouted “Bunny—log out!”

He exited the system as fast as he could.

In the bedroom, Sarah was still sprawled motionless on the bed where he’d left her. He ran over to her, cables trailing behind him.

“Sarah, wake up,” he pleaded. He kissed her.

She stirred.

“Sarah!”

“What happened?” She mumbled.

“You’re okay now. It’s okay. I’m here with you.” He cried. “I love you!”

* * *

At the diner again, the four friends ordered lunch.

“I felt so helpless,” Alphus complained.

“Oh, YOU were helpless, were you?” teased Sarah.

“I saw you spirited away, and there was nothing I could do to aid in the rescue! I just sat there in the lounge and worried for the rest of the day.”

“I’m sorry.” Bunny sat beside Alphus and leaned her head on his shoulder. “They tried to contact you afterwards, but they couldn’t get back into DarkWave, and you couldn’t read your phone messages until you logged out… and I was stuck at home standing there in trance wearing the rig for who knows how long.”

“We all felt pretty helpless yesterday.” Ethan pointed out. “And I think Sophie and I have been banned from DarkWave… And Sarah should probably stay away at this point too.”

“So you’re telling me that the good news is that by not helping my friends, I get to stay in the game all by myself?”

Sophie punched him playfully in the arm. “I’ve seen exactly how many friends you have. You’ll hardly be alone. And for all the chatting we usually did, you could probably replace me with one of the garden gnomes!”

Aphus put his hand over his heart dramatically. “They’re gone too… and they weren’t quite as cute as you.”

Sophie raised an eyebrow at him.

Alphus ignored her and continued, grinning. “not quite, if I remember correctly… maybe? It was close, though.”

She punched him again. “Ow!”

Ethan smiled at them. “The way you two argue… are you sure you’re not dating?”

Sophie shook her head. “Nope. We keep things strictly professional here.”

Alphus nodded. “I’m a speculative investor for silicone valley startups… I need to avoid ‘impropriety’… and my day-to-day wealth is much too volatile to care for a ‘pet,’ or a sub.”

Sophie agreed. “And the commitment of being a pet in VR is way lower than in real life. Also, sitting naked in a tactile VR world feels different—emotionally—from doing it in real life.”

Sarah leaned back in the booth. “Seriously though, I’m going to miss tactile VR. I never really got to experience it the way you’re supposed to.”

Ethan nodded. “Yeah, that sucks. I’m sorry.”

Alphus nodded with him. “It’s too bad there aren’t any other companies working on that technology.”

“Do you really want me to hit you again?”

He tried to keep a straight face, but broke down laughing. Ethan and Sarah stared in confusion. Is this where you’re supposed to chuckle along with the joke even if you don’t get it?

Sarah spoke up first. “Care to let us in on the joke?”

Alphus caught his breath. “Well Sophie here,” he gestured to Sophie, but saw her still scowling and burst into laughter again.

Ethan suddenly sat up straight. “Wait! You’re not Sophie Carter, are you?”

Sophie smiled and reached out to shake his hand. He didn’t reach for it.

“Not too many people have heard of me.”

Ethan turned to Sarah. She owns “(V)orld.” It’s not as… uh…”

“Good?” suggested Sophie.

“I was going to say ‘popular…’”

Sophie put down her hand. “Let’s be honest. (V)orld isn’t anywhere near as advanced as DarkWave. The product is barely breaking even. So I spent my time in DarkWave researching… trying to FEEL the differences. They’ve got the gentlest sounds… the slight differences of air temperature on your bare skin and fur… The scent and texture of the wood before you toss it on the fire…” her eyes closed as she remembered. “We can’t safely do that yet. Not on a public scale. Not stably. Even with Alphus’s funding.”

Ethan was still excited. “I can’t believe I know Sophie Carter. She’s like—I mean... you’re probably the most reclusive of the tech CEOs. This is amazing! You’re—”

She reached a finger out, pointing at him like she was going to poke him in the chest. He pushed himself back against the booth staring at her finger.

“And I,” she said, “never expected that I’d be having lunch with the Finger Prince of Q-bal... Oh, yes—I know who you are. You think I can’t dig up some data on this random hacker who casually breaks into DarkWave VR for his girlfriend?”

Ethan was speechless. He was still staring at her finger. She lowered it. He opened his mouth to speak, but she interrupted him. “I WILL kick you under the table if you keep on like that.”

He nodded silently.

Sarah smiled appreciatively. “Wow. You really stopped him in his tracks. I’ve been hypnotizing him, but still don’t have that kind of control yet.”

“I think you should put them on the alpha team.” Everyone turned to Alphus. He shrugged.

Sophie nodded though. “There’s a problem with (V)orld 2. I can easily get the full sensory experience of you-know-where, but you’re highly suggestible while playing… and for a while afterwards, too. I really can’t release it like this, so we’ve been just working and working on it. There’s some other bugs too, but that’s the big one. Even finding people to work on the bugs is tough, because getting hypnotized by your boss every day can be a bit… wrong.”

“But I get the feeling,” Alphus added, “that you two would see that as a perk. Sophie can learn to act professionally while Ethan’s working, and Sarah can exploit his vulnerable state as soon as he’s out.”

Sophie grinned. “And if he does a good job at work, maybe I’ll give him a pat on the back.”

Ethan cleared his throat. “Okay, let me just say this: It feels great when you do that—really great. And I’d really enjoy it if we were like, in bed or something. Just not… you know, in public… in my pants… I still have to drive home.”

Sophie looked thoughtful. “Can I ask you a question? The thought that I could do it to you now—and that it might work here in the real world—how does that make you feel?”

Ethan stared at his hands. “Afraid… a little. Maybe a little embarrassed. And… Submissive, I guess—more than a little bit. Um… really really horny. I mean like REALLY!” He laughed. “Scared but excited, too.”

“Do you want me to promise to never touch you?”

He closed his eyes. “No, not… I mean…” he sighed. “No, I wouldn’t want that. I like it when you do.”

“Would you want me to sometimes touch you when you’re not expecting it?”

He covered his bright red face with his hands and nodded. “Yes.”

“Even if it might be in a diner with strangers watching?”

He nodded again. “Yes. I… I guess so.”

“Sarah, are you still okay with that?” she asked.

Sarah was grinning. “Heck yeah. You probably can’t see that bulge from where you’re sitting, but he’s about to knock over the table!”

“Oh good,” Alphus said loudly. “The food’s here.”

They ate their meals and chatted about furries, about tech, about startups, and more.

As they were climbing into their cars, Sophie walked over to Sarah and Ethan. “I didn’t want to worry Alphus because he’ll still be logging in to DarkWave... But do you think we should be worried about Helen W. Queen? Do you think she’ll be able to replicate the void even if Sarah never logs in again?

Ethan shook his head and put on his seatbelt. “I don’t think so.”

He started the car. “Sarah wasn’t in the glass box for long—I don’t think Queen could have done any kind of meaningful scan in that time… and how do you work on something you can’t see? I’m sure it will be fine.”

Sophie nodded. “I hope you’re right. Have a good night.”

She waved to Sarah sitting in the passenger seat. Then she kissed her fingertips and caressed Ethan’s cheek as she turned to walk away, smiling.

THE END

* * *