The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

[mc, mf, fd]

synopsis: Alexandra Ryder—a.k.a. Agent 47-D—is back and this time it’s personal.

Corruption Games

(By S.B.)

27 — Sacrifices

Alexandra ran across the hospital corridors, the alarm blaring in her ears while fake bullets grazed her auburn hair and the smartphone’s camera partially recorded the whole mess. Including projectiles being fired had been a last-minute addition to the plan but they helped sell the illusion and Simms was quite happy to fire a gun at her even if just for show. As for the secret agent, she played her role to perfection as she dashed toward the elevator amid the controlled chaos all around. It was their only chance. If Accardi didn’t take the bait, then everyone’s efforts had been in vain.

The alarm continued to ring as she made her escape, a choir of dissonant voices echoing throughout the top floor. They spoke of treachery and death and had it not been an elaborate illusion, Alexandra would have welcomed the latter with open arms.

She was tired, far more than she would ever admit out loud. Even though few days had passed since the ordeal had begun, too much had happened already, too many lives shattered and at risk partially because of her past actions. She too was to blame for Accardi’s thirst for revenge but had to live with it the best way she could. If anyone else were to suffer because of it, it was unlikely she could ever forgive herself.

The ruse complete, Alexandra exited the hospital through the same side door she had entered with most people around her remaining oblivious to the drama and danger affecting her. With a sigh of relief, she retreated into the shadows and waited for Accardi to make his next move.

* * *

General Hayes stared at his bloody hands and clenched his teeth when L’ Angelo Cremisi slid the knife across the right side of his face, giving him another scar for life.

“Not so chatty now, huh? he spat.

“Fuck you!”

“You first, General. Don’t forget I’ve been playing nice with you so far.”

“I’d rather forget you exist, you maniac,” the old soldier bit his tongue to avoid screaming when the blade pushed deep into his cheek.

“You really do have a death wish, don’t you? Patience, sir. The moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally here,” the killer glanced at his watch and grinned. “Let’s see if your precious hypnotist followed her orders to the letter or not.”

Accardi left the old man alone and cleaned the knife. Burner phone in hand, he called Alexandra.

* * *

The unknown number flashed on the screen as she stood behind a trash can in a dark alley a few blocks away from the hospital. The first act was over, but not the rest of the play. Luckily, she was better than most at selling a lie.

“Hello, Alexandra. Did you miss me?” Accardi asked.

“I’ll never miss you not even when you’re dead and buried six feet under. It’s done, Paolo. I did what you wanted me to.”

“Did you?” he hissed. “And I’m supposed to take your word for it just like that?”

“Of course not, which is why I have proof. I filmed the whole thing.”

“So you say...”

“Shall I send you the video?”

“But of course! Don’t bother trying to trace the number, though.”

“I wouldn’t dream of it. You should be receiving the video at any moment now.”

“I see...” Accardi licked his lower lip, eyes feasting on the macabre images before his eyes. “I have to admit I’m surprised. I didn’t think you had it in you.”

“I took no pleasure in it unlike you. Now let me speak to the General!”

“You don’t give the orders around here, Alexandra. Not anymore.”

“I kept my promise. I need to know if you kept yours. Put him on the line now.”

“Hmph.... fine! You can have a little chat but don’t get too excited. Our business isn’t over yet.”

“Whatever... he’s the one I’m worried about, not you.”

Accardi handed the phone to General Hayes who begrudgingly asked,

“Alexandra? Is it really you?”

“Yes. How are you doing, sir?”

“I’ve been better,” the General spat crimson-red blood on the floor. “Please tell me you didn’t do anything stupid on my account.”

“I did what I had to do and that’s all I have to say about it. Are you unharmed?”

“I wouldn’t say that but I’m alive for now. You should have left me, though.”

“There was never a scenario in which such an outcome was acceptable. You won’t be collateral damage in this fight.”

“I’ve made my peace with my choices and my past actions, Alexandra, so I need you to listen carefully. Stop now. Don’t negotiate with this murdering asshole any longer. I expect you to take him down eventually but don’t worry about me. There are more important things at stake than the life of an old man who’s been through so much already. Please, 47-D! Promise me you’ll stop now.”

“I can’t do that, General.”

“Then I order you to desist. I’m not the priority here!”

“You’ll always be a priority to me, no matter the consequences. We’ve been through a lot these past couple of years and I’m sure we have plenty more adventures ahead of us. I need you to trust that I know what I’m doing here, okay?”

“I do trust you, but...”

“But nothing. What’s done is done and now we have to look ahead. I know you would have gladly given your life for mine and I’m grateful for that but this is how the game is being played now and there’s simply no other way out. Stay strong. We’ll be together soon.”

“Alexandra...”

“I think that’s more than enough chit-chat...” Accardi interrupted the conversation by snatching the phone from the General’s trembling fingers. “I have a question for you, Alexandra.”

“What do you want?”

“You said you experienced no pleasure in taking a life, but that’s not good enough. Tell me how you really felt once you saw his life slip away at your own hands.”

“I felt disgusted, okay? It was a fucking impossible choice and you know it!” Alexandra growled. “Stop trying to psych me and let’s be done with this shit. Where are you?”

“Closer than you think,” Accardi clicked his tongue.

“In other words, you’ve been in DC all along.”

“Clever girl but I have to say there’s something about this conversation that’s bugging me.”

“Not surprised. You were always a paranoid son of a bitch.”

“Flattery will get you nowhere. Let’s assume I do believe that this video is legit and that you’re not trying to play me the fool. How did you escape the security detail?”

“It wasn’t easy. I underestimated the threat at hand and nearly paid the ultimate price. If we’re going to meet, we better do it fast because in a couple of hours I’m sure to be the most wanted woman in the country thanks to you and you don’t want the police, the FBI, and all other government agencies showing up at your doorstep on my tail, do you?”

“No, I don’t, so don’t you dare lure them to me as some sort of misguided attempt at revenge. If I even smell someone in uniform, I call everything off.”

“Understood. Tell me where to go then.”

“Meet me at the rooftop of The Dupont Circle Hotel in an hour and you can have your precious General back. Don’t be late. I’m looking forward to seeing you in person again after all this time.”

“I’ll be there. Don’t betray me and I’ll do the same.”

“You’ve got yourself a deal, Alexandra. See you soon.”

The call went dead, and the phone was immediately destroyed and tossed into the trash can. There were plenty more where that had come from, even if he didn’t anticipate needing them at all. The game had been fun thus far and having her going around in circles chasing everyone and their shadow had proved quite the thrill, one he could never replicate. It was a shame it had to end that day but nothing lasts forever, not even the best things in life.

“Checkmate, Alexandra,” he muttered to himself. Whoever said the Queen was the powerful piece in chess, had never played against him.

* * *

Meanwhile, back at the underground base, Melvin Chandler had finished running a complete diagnostic of the computer system looking for any additional vulnerabilities they could have been exposed to, and the results had come back negative. Everything was back to normal for the time being, but the impending threat hadn’t been completely eradicated. When Accardi was finally brought to justice or killed—he had no real preference in the matter—the entire security protocol had to be revised to prevent similar breaches in the future. He already had a couple of ideas in mind but they all required additional funding, none of which was guaranteed following so many blunders one after the other.

“We really fucked up big time,” he mumbled.

“Talking to yourself, Melvin?” A familiar voice asked.

The technician rotated his black leather chair and saw Colonel Gibbons leaning at his workstation. He had put on his old uniform to look presentable but it was more than clear he was having a hard time standing up.

“Colonel, what are you doing here? You should be resting!”

“I’m tired of being in bed with nothing to do, my friend. I needed to catch some air and see how everything is holding up here.”

“Moral still isn’t great. We recently had a substantial win but there’s still a lot of mistrust in every corner.”

“I heard about the bomb. Once again, your quick thinking was crucial, so chin up!”

“You’re not the first person trying to cheer me up and while that’s great and all, that doesn’t change the fact that I’m no hero. Luck happened to be on my side today but I don’t expect it to last.”

“The system’s breach wasn’t on you. You know that, right?”

“Yes, I do. It was almost impossible to predict that would happen and yet...”

“Hmm...” Colonel Gibbons pulled up a chair. “Do you mind if I sit with you for a moment?”

“Not at all.”

“Thanks,” the military man stretched his legs. “There seems to be a lot of guilt hanging around here. I don’t like it, but I feel it too. After all, if I hadn’t allowed myself to be captured and brainwashed by the enemy, we wouldn’t be in this mess right now.”

“You sure had it rough as well. Have all your memories returned in between?”

“No,” the Colonel lay down his hands on a black keyboard, palms facing down. “Some things are getting clearer, yet there are still plenty of gaps and the more I remember the more I wish I didn’t.”

“Does it hurt? When the memories come back to you, I mean?”

“Yes, Melvin, it does. Seeing myself firing that gun, unable to stop, is the most excruciating pain imaginable. When Alexandra messes with our minds it’s blissful and heartwarming even when we’re debasing ourselves to please her, but this is the complete opposite, a violation of every fiber of our being. I was someone else entirely during that time, a vile creature I can’t help but despise. I deserve to pay for what I did, and pay I shall.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know as well as I do that heads will roll for our involvement in all of this. I’ll be one of the first to go, but I hope to do it on my own terms.”

“You’re resigning?”

“Yes. It’s the best option for everyone. Hopefully, the division will become stronger after I’m gone.”

“Alexandra will never let do you that. Not after everything she sacrificed already to prove your innocence,” Melvin noted.

“Yes, I’m sure she’ll have a word or two to say but there are some things not even her hypnotic charms can fix. The bureaucrats will be looking for people to blame and it’s my responsibility to set an example.”

“You’ll forgive me for saying so, but that’s bullshit!”

“Excuse me?” Colonel Gibbons stared awkwardly at him.

“It’s not noble to take the fall for such a complex situation when you were also a victim. You don’t deserve to be punished for what happened because that was not the real you. The mitigating circumstances alone should be enough for you to refuse the scapegoat role and fight for what’s right.”

“What’s right is this organization, the things we do, and the people who work here. They will want to shut us down and I’ve invested too much of myself to let it happen. If my sacrifice keeps the gears in motion, then it won’t be in vain.”

“You’re a good man, Colonel, but we will not let you fight this alone. Whatever comes to be, we’ll be by your side.”

“You know what? I believe you, Melvin. Now start believing in yourself again because there’s too much gloom going on, okay?”

“Point taken. Will you be leading the operations from now on, then?”

“As long as I draw breath, I’m here, and then we’ll see what happens. Let’s get back to work.”

“Yes, let’s,” Melvin smiled shyly when a sudden realization ran through his mind. The deadline had already been reached. If Alexandra didn’t pull through, then all hope was lost.

((to be continued))