The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Big Bears on Campus

Episode 10

In this episode: The college converts one of its final hold outs.

* * *

It had been a very lonely two days for Matt. He had slept only a few hours each night, and had awoken at the slightest sound, ever vigilant against the corruption which had spread across campus over the past few days. He had already barricaded the door with most of the furniture in the room, but he knew that they would stop at nothing to get at him, or anyone else left unchanged. They wanted everyone, but he wasn’t about to give them the satisfaction of making it easy. However, the room wasn’t getting any larger, and he was starving. He had a bit of candy left over from a care package his mother had sent the week before, but other than that, nothing. Of course, fasting was part of a pure Christian lifestyle, but his stomach didn’t find that argument very compelling. At some point, he would have to leave. He was lucky enough to have a single in one of the dorms with an adjacent bathroom that only he had access to. He had easy access to water, but he was getting desperate.

He tried to focus on the bible in front of him, but nothing could distract him from his stomach for long. The other thing he kept glancing at was his cell phone perched on the windowsill next to the bed, waiting for a message from anyone who might still be “normal.” There had been quite a few of them to start with, but one by one, they had all tried to leave their rooms in search of some safe haven, but Matt hadn’t heard from any of them again. The last of his friends, a fellow Christian named John, had slipped from his room about an hour ago, and had promised to text Matt if he found somewhere safe. He had also promised to check in every fifteen minutes, and it had been almost thirty since his last message, and Matt was about ready to give up hope, when the phone buzzed and chimed. Matt lashed out for the phone, and read the message from John which had just appeared on his phone.

“Found safe haven at the chapel. Come quick. Don’t let yourself be tempted. They are everywhere.”

Matt gulped down the anxiety which had suddenly manifested in his throat, and thought over his options. He was close to the chapel—all he would have to do was get out of the dorm, walk down a short path, and he would be at the door to the sanctuary. However, thinking about it and doing it were two entirely different things, especially with all of the corrupted wandering around out there.

Matt felt a little silly calling them that, but he didn’t really have a better word for it. He had thought it was just people passing through the campus, but soon, he noticed that some of them were living on his floor. Where there had been perfectly normal boys and girls, now there were only fat, rough and dirty men who were constantly having sex—with each other no less! The very idea of it disgusted him in the vilest way. Not only was it unnatural, they were sinners before God, and doomed to hell, and most likely beyond redemption. Like it or not, they were corrupted, and they were the enemy, and he wasn’t about to join their ranks if he could help it. His only option then, was to get to the chapel. If he could make it there, maybe there were others who had escaped. Together, they might even be able to take back the school! It was a long shot, but it was the only hope left for him.

He texted a reply back to John, telling him that he would try and get there, if he could, and then gathered up everything around his room which might be helpful, which wasn’t much, and began to move the furniture away from the door. Before he left, he took a look around, wishing he had a weapon of some kind, but didn’t see anything which might be very useful. Besides, it’s not like he would be able to hold anyone off for long, if they decided to come after him. Matt had always been a bit of a shrimp, and while he was thin, he had never been muscular. He stood a better chance of using stealth to escape than anything else. With a final text to John, telling him he was leaving, Matt opened the door, checked to make sure the hallway was empty, and slipped away. He checked back over his shoulder every few steps, keeping an eye out for anyone who might be behind him in the hallway, and he got to the stairs without incident. Coming up, though, was the difficult part. The stairs came out directly in the common room, and Matt doubted that he would find that empty too. Still, there was no other way out—so he took a deep breath, and headed down as quickly as he could.

The best thing to do, he figured, was to simply get through the room as fast as possible. He hit the base of stairs, made it two or three steps into the room, and was suddenly absorbed by the most delightful odor he had ever smelled. He looked around the room quickly, and found the source in a nearby corner, where a table of men were getting ready to play a game of cards, laughing uproariously. Most of them were wearing dirty and shabby clothing, and one had a hardhat next to him, as though they had just gotten off a construction site. But what really drew Matt’s attention, was the smoke wafting over from the cigar one of the men was smoking. He looked over, saw Matt staring, and winked at him, sending a little thrill through Matt’s body, focusing on his groin. “Hey man,” the guy said, “You wanna play with us?”

He shouldn’t, Matt knew that, but there was something just so enticing about the whole scene, and that smoke—he didn’t want to stop smelling it. He cautiously made his way over to the table, and asked, “What…what are you playing?”

“Strip poker,” one of the others said, and motioned to an empty seat, “Go on, have a sit down. The more the merrier, I always say,”

“Yeah, you would say that, Butch,” the third player said, “Hell, just last night, I heard you had five other guys in your room.”

“Liar!” Butch shot back, “I had seven, which is way more than you’d ever be able to get.”

They were crude, but Matt found himself intrigued, and took a seat. He wondered what exactly he thought he was doing, but even he wasn’t quite sure. It just felt like the right thing to do. He knew that he should get away from these sinners, and get to the chapel, but they didn’t seem all that threatening. If anything, they seemed nicer than most of his other friends, or at least more fun to be around. “Well, do you mind if I watch?”

“If you’re at the table, you gotta play,” the cigar smoker replied, sitting down in the chair across from Matt, which creaked under his weight. He had a massive gut which pushed up against the table, and a set of wide suspenders barely keeping it under control. “My name’s Tom by the way. This is Butch,” he said, pointing to the short stocky bear to Matt’s right. He was very muscular, but not in any ‘toned’ sense. Muscles bulged out in odd places due to uneven exercise, and he had massive hands, so that the cards nearly disappeared when he picked them up from the table. “And he’s Leon,” Tom added, motioning to the man to Matt’s left. He was tall, though no less massive, and looked older than the other two, with a silvery beard and balding head. He nodded to Matt, and took another swig from the can of beer in his hand.

“I’m…Matt. But I don’t really think I should play. Isn’t gambling against the rules on campus?”

The other three exchanged a glance, and then broke out in laughter, making Matt’s face turn red. “Really? Come on Matt, where do you think you are? Prude University? Man, what’s next? No drinking?” Leon said, “Speaking of which,” he added, “Here, have a brew. It’ll make you feel better.”

“Thanks,” Matt said, “But I don’t drink.”

Leon rolled his eyes, and shoved the can into his hand anyway, “Well, at least give it a try. Who knows, you might like it.”

Matt gave him a suspicious look, but decided one sip couldn’t hurt, and figured it might make his very empty stomach feel a bit better. He popped open the can, and took a sip. It was bitter, but not all that bad. When he had managed to swallow it down, he took another drink, and relented. “Alright, it isn’t that bad.”

“Great,” Tom said, puffing on his cigar as he shuffled the card, “Now how about we get to the game? Everyone, ante up.”

“Wait,” Matt said, “I still don’t know how to play.”

“It’s easy,” Butch said, as he took off a dirty work boot and set it down in the middle of the table.

“Yeah,” Leon added, “If an idiot like Butch can figure out, I’m sure you can,”

“Oh shut the fuck up, Leon. You’re just jealous because I get more cock than you do.”

“You wish, asslicker.”

“Guys,” Tom interjected, “Give it a rest, alright? Man…” he sighed, and then dealt five cards to each person, including Matt, “The game is five card draw. All you have to do is get the highest hand, and you win the pot of clothes. You can discard any number of cards once, and get the same amount from the deck.”

“Which cards should I discard?” Matt asked, and all of the guys rolled their eyes.

“Man, you are a newbie, aren’t you?” Leon said, “Just try to get pairs and triples of cards, or runs if you can manage that. It’s better if your straights are all the same suit. Now let’s play—you’ll figure it out as we go, but you still need to ante up.”

Matt still didn’t really know what was going on, so he took off one of his shoes and put it on the table, like Butch had. Leon threw down his hat, and Tom added a boot as well. Matt looked at his cards, but he still wasn’t sure what he was trying to do exactly. He kept a pair of aces, figuring those were good, and gave Tom the three other cards. When he got three cards back, he found another ace, and then everyone turned over their hand. “I got three aces,” Matt said, “Is that good?”

The other three just stared at him, and then Butch said, “God damn beginner’s luck,” he mumbled, and then shoved the center pile over to him.

Matt still didn’t know what he was doing, but winning gave him a thrill the same thrill he’d felt when he’d first smelled the smoke in the room.

“Man, you were bullshitting us, weren’t you? You know how to play poker,” Tom said, and Matt laughed.

“Nope, this is my first time, but come on. Let’s keep playing,” he said, and took another swig of the beer in front of him, and threw Butch’s boot into the center of the table.

“Hey, you can’t bet that,” Leon said, “You have to bet something of yours.”

“Who says?”

“Hey, house rules,” Leon said, “Take ‘em or leave ‘em.”

Matt grumbled a bit, put his shoe back into the pot, and waited while everyone else added something else, Leon pulling off his sweaty tank top revealing a hairy and muscular chest, Tom adding his suspenders, and Butch adding his other shoe to the pot. To everyone’s surprise, especially Matt’s, he won again, with a full house no less. The other guys grumbled as he collected another pot, and asked, “What exactly am I supposed to do with all of this stuff, if I can’t bet it?”

“Well,” Leon said, “If the guy who owns it wants it back, he has to do something for you,” and grinned over at Tom, who was busy lighting a second cigar, “Yesterday, for example, Tom had to lick out my ass so he could get his favorite shirt back.”

“Yeah, and it was nasty too. He didn’t wipe for a good three days just so he could get one over on me. But don’t worry Leon, I got something all planned for you.”

“Bring it on fucker,” Leon replied, “Let’s play.”

Matt knew that he should be disgusted, but he was feeling kind of giddy, though he wasn’t sure if it was from the beer, the second hand cigar smoke, or his unexplained success at poker. To his surprise, he won the next round as well, picking up a few more boots and a pair of dirty socks. However, that was the last win of his for quite a while, as he plunged into a massive losing streak. One by one, he lost his socks, his jacket and his shirt, all without winning anything back. Of course, everyone else was getting pretty naked as well. None of them had shirts on anymore, revealing their hairy and sweaty chests, and Tom had been forced to bet his jeans. Butch was doing worst of all, having just bet his boxers, and was sitting next to Matt, stroking his short, thick cock, with a metal cockring secured around the base. Matt was already on his second beer and feeling a bit woozy, mostly due to the fact that he hadn’t eaten in several days. More than once he found himself watching Butch jack off, realizing his own cock was growing stiff in his briefs. He shook the thought away, focuing on the round at hand. He bet and lost his pants, leaving him sitting in the chair wearing nothing more than his briefs. “So, what happens when I don’t have any more clothes?” he asked.

“You have a whole pile of clothes next to you,” Leon replied.

“But you told me I couldn’t bet those.”

He sighed, “Man Matt, you don’t catch on very quick, do you? Look, if you lose all of your clothes, then what you have to do is put on all of the clothes you’ve won so far and make a new outfit. It’s not that complicated.”

“But Butch is naked, and he hasn’t done that yet,” Matt said.

“Hey,” Butch said, “I still have a few tricks up my sleeve, just you wait.”

Matt looked at what he had won so far: a hat, a sweaty tank top, two boots and two socks. It wasn’t much, but it was something. He stripped out of his briefs, and threw them onto the table, eliciting a few chuckles and grrs from the guys at the table. Tom laughed, and threw his own dirty jockstrap on the table as well. Leon added his ripped and torn jean shorts, and then they looked at Butch, who none of them thought had any clothes left, but Butch just grinned. He stood up, reached around to his ass, pulled out a filthy butt plug, and threw that on the table as well.

“God damn!” Matt said, “What the fuck is that?”

“Damn Butch, you fuckin’ pig,” Leon added, but Butch just laughed.

“Hey, I was wearin’ it, so it’s fair game, right?”

Tom sighed, and dealt out a new hand, which Matt was actually hoping not to win. He had a pair, which he threw back to Tom, but when he got the two cards back, he found that he had accidentally given himself a flush, making him the winner of the round. He kept his own underwear in the center, as his next bet, and pushed everything into his pile, trying not to touch the still shitty butt plug. Much to his disappointment, he lost the next round to Butch, who had bet his cockring, leaving Matt with nothing to wear other than the clothes on the table.

“Well mate,” Butch said, “Looks like it’s time to put on your winnings.”

Matt gulped, not really happy with the thought of wearing the dirty clothes in front of him. He downed the rest of his third beer, and started with Tom’s dirty jockstrap. The other three were all watching him intently, as though waiting for something great to happen as he slid the damp fabric up his legs, where they fit loosely around his waist. As soon as he had them in place, his package began swelling in size as his cock doubled in length to ten inches, and his ballsack grew to the size of an orange. The pouch now bulged out obscenely, but Matt hadn’t noticed any change at all. He scratched his balls, unhappy with the damp, itchy fabric, and picked up Butch’s stained tank top next.

The men around him were all giving each other knowing looks, and Matt asked, “What’s up guys? You went quiet all of a sudden.”

“Don’t you worry about it,” Tom said, “Just keep on getting dressed, Matt.”

Matt didn’t understand what was going on, but he did as Tom suggested and pulled on the shirt, which was far too large for him. As he examined the other clothes in the pile, he noticed that he felt really heavy all of the sudden, and was having kind of a hard time standing up. He blamed it on the alcohol, but it had less to do with the fact that he was drunk and more to do with the muscles filling in his upper body. It started with his chest and belly, his pecs growing hard and firm, and his abs becoming more defined as they pushed out into a bit of a belly due to a healthy layer of fat behind them. Next, his neck and shoulders inflated, packing his frame as tightly as they could, tendons growing thicker to better manage Matt’s new shape. His adam’s apple also grew and dropped, turning his voice from a mid range tenor to a deep bass like the men now surrounding him, now licking their lips and massaging their cocks in their chairs, all of them enjoying the show. Lastly, Matt’s arms bulged out and grew taut with heavy muscle, his hands growing as well, so large that one of them could easily reach around his now massive tool. Lastly, a swath of thick, black hair began growing across his chest and down his arms, which Matt lazily scratched at, still unaware of his transformation.

However, he was now so top heavy, it was difficult to keep his balance, so Leon got up and helped him stay upright while Butch got him into Leon’s jean shorts. Again, as soon as they were buttoned and zipped, the lower half of Matt’s muscles began to expand, bulging out against the worn denim. His legs lengthened as well, so that the shorts barely covered half of his massive thighs. His calves grew more defined as well, and after Matt slipped on Tom’s socks and Butch’s boots, his feet grew to fill the size fifteen shoes. The hair spread down there too, nearly thick enough to obscure his skin. The suspenders went on next, and were accompanied by a substantial amount of fat, causing his muscular pecs to sag a bit and his abs to round out into a firm muscle gut, which Matt started rubbing contentedly. Leon added his own hat onto the top of Matt’s head, and his face shifted slightly, becoming more rugged and worn. A substantial beard grew in all around his face, and his hair shrank into his head, looking like it had been run over quickly with a clipper and nothing else. Matt burped, and said in a new, deeper voice, “There. You guys happy now? I’m dressed.”

The others just chuckled, and Butch pointed to the one object remaining on the table, “Nope, you still have one thing left to put on.”

Matt saw the dirty butt plug, and shook his head, “Oh no fucking way am I putting that thing up my ass. Can’t I at least wash it off first?”

Butch picked the dildo up, and Matt started to back away, but Leon and Tom each grabbed one of his arms, and pulled him back over to the table, bending him over and pinning him down.

“Well, well, well, Leon,” Butch said, “I didn’t know you had a hole in your pants back here. That’ll make this really easy.” In an effort to avoid the incoming shaft, Matt started moving his ass around, but Butch held him still, and shoved the head in quickly. He expected it to hurt, but it was almost like his body had been expecting it, and wanted it. It slid in, and his asshole closed down around the end, trapping it in, not that Matt minded. It felt really good up there, and he felt his dick begin to harden in his pants. The others let go of him, and Matt stood up straight, and gasped. The head of the plug had rubbed against something in his ass, and it had felt really good, he bent over again, enjoying the sensation, oblivious to the fact that Leon, Tom and Butch were chuckling, while then rubbed their own cocks.

“You alright there, man?” Tom asked.

Matt moaned, and reached around, pushing the dildo in a bit farther, “Fuck…I just. God, it feels so good…”

Tom pushed his hand away, grabbed the end, and started thrusting it in and out of Matt’s ass, while he just gripped the table, focusing only on the feeling of the hard rubber massaging his prostate.

Leon had his own dick out of his dirty boxers, and was quickly massaging it to full staff. When it was perfectly stiff, he shoved Tom out of the way, and pulled the dildo out, dropping it on the floor, “Fuck that little thing. Let me give you something to really moan about,” he said, and shoved his cock deep into Matt. Again, his ass just accepted it, as though it was perfectly used to taking shafts as thick as a beer can. Matt began pushing back, meeting Leon’s thrusts, stars exploding all around his vision. How had he managed to never feel this before? In his head, he knew it was sin, that he would never be able to reclaim his soul if he gave it up for this worldly pleasure, but was he really so far from heaven now? Could God have created something this pleasurable, only to deny it to his creatures?

Tom came around in front of him, took the half smoked cigar from his mouth and stuck it in Matt’s gaping maw, “Here, suck on this. It’ll make it even better.” Matt took a deep inhale, and the aroma which had first attracted him to the table was suddenly inside of him, heightening every sense and nerve in his body. Smoke poured from his nostrils, and Tom took the cigar back, took a deep inhale, locked lips with Matt and blew the smoke deep into his lungs. The smoky kiss hung between them for what felt like ages, driving Matt wilder and wilder with lust. He didn’t even notice as Butch crawled underneath him, unzipped his fly, and start sucking on his massive cock.

None of them noticed that their sex games had also begun attracting the attentions of every bear passing through the building. Some of them hung around them in a large circle, jacking their cocks or playing with others they knew, or didn’t know. A few joined in on the fun, a young cub coming over and playing with Matt’s nipples, while another came up and shoved his own cock up Leon’s ass, sandwiching him in the middle until he finally shot a massive load up Matt’s ass. In turn, when Matt felt the cum flood his ass, and leak out around the base of Leon’s cock, he sent his own sperm down Butch’s hungry maw.

One load didn’t stop anyone in the room, though.

When Leon pulled out, the bear fucking him pushing him up against the table to continue his own work, and Matt started making out with the cub tweaking his nipples. He was shorter than Matt, and for some reason that made Matt feel strong—forceful—dominant. He grabbed the back of the cub’s head and pushed his tongue deep into the boy’s mouth, feeling the cub melt against him. In turn, the cub turned Matt around until his back was to the table, then pushed him back until he sat down on it, the wood creaking from the added weight, but holding. Satisfied, the cub started sucking on Matt’s already recovered member, “Yeah boy, suck your daddy’s cock. Fuck yeah...” Matt moaned.

The cub, with a twinkle in his eye, got a big mouthful of Matt’s precum, then kissed him, depositing the load into Matt’s mouth, which only drove him wilder. “You want to be my daddy, eh?” The cub said, “Well, I need a daddy who can fuck me, and fuck me hard. You up to that?”

“Don’t just stand there talkin’ about it,” Matt growled, “Climb on and I’ll show you what kind of daddy I am!”

With strength he didn’t even know he had, Matt turned the cub around, picked him up, and slid his cock up the boy’s ass, making him gasp. When the entire shaft was planted up there, he hugged the boy close, “How about that? Is that ‘daddy’ enough for you?”

“Fuck yeah daddy, fuck me with that massive cock!” The cub cried, and began bouncing up and down on Matt’s cock. Meanwhile, Matt reached around with one of his big hands and started jacking the cub’s cock, already slick with precum.

He brought his hand back and licked it clean, “Sweet as honey, cub, sweet as honey. Now, how about I give you a taste of mine?” With that, Matt grabbed the cub around the waist, stood up from the table with a roar, and began fucking the cub in the air, the boy’s feet hanging a good foot off the ground. The show of strength surprised even the cub, whose own cock shot its load after only a couple thrusts all over the floor in front of him. Matt lasted a few more before blowing his own load and collapsing back against the table, which finally broke under the strain, sending both of them crashing to the floor. Not even this gave Matt or the cub pause, who slid off his daddy’s dick and began kissing Matt sensually for a moment, before sliding a business card into Matt’s hand. “That was hot daddy, real fuckin’ hot. Look me up later, got it?”

Matt could only nod weakly as the cub got up from the wreckage of the table and wandered off, Matt’s cum leaking profusely out of his ass onto the floor. Matt stood up himself, a little bruised from the fall, but still hornier than he had ever been in his life. But he was hungry for something else as well: a post sex cigar. He didn’t have any on him, unfortunately, so he started looking around for Tom, hoping he would have one to spare, but didn’t see him anywhere. He thought he might have some in his room, so he gathered up his clothes (after stripping out of everyone else’s) and headed up the stairs before anyone else caught his eye in the growing orgy.

He threw his clothes on the bed, and realized that nothing in the pile looked like something he would ever be caught wearing. He picked up the shirt, stuck his hand in the sleeve, and found that he couldn’t even fit his arm in it past his elbow. He couldn’t figure out what was wrong, so he tried putting his pants on next, but had just as much difficulty. He could barely fit his foot down one leg, not to mention his calf. The only thing which Matt could imagine having happened was that his clothes had shrunk somehow—he still hadn’t realized the change which had occurred to him over the past hour. He grabbed up the shirt, and walked over to the mirror, where he held it up in front of his new hairy muscular body, and tried to figure out what in the hell was going on.

There was no way the button up shirt he was holding could have fit him only an hour before. Everything that he was seeing was telling him that, but if he hadn’t been wearing this shirt, then what had he been wearing? As if to answer his question, the fabric in his hands began to writhe in his hand, the fine cotton becoming what had probably once been a plain white, T-shirt. White probably wasn’t the best way to describe it now, considering the number of stains on it. It’s sleeves had been cut off crudely, and large cuts had been made through the armpit down half the shirt. Matt looked at the new piece of clothing in his hand and hesitatingly tried it on, and it fit right. Through the larger armholes he could see wide swaths of the side of his belly when he lifted up his arms, but he thought it looked sexy. Of course, that didn’t change the fact that he had just watched his clothing change form right in front of his eyes.

He turned around and looked at his other clothes on the bed, or what had once been his clothes, or which were now his clothes. The khakis had changed into some overalls, and the tennis shoes he had picked up from the table were now some leather work boots with some dirty wool socks stuck in them. Even though he knew that they weren’t the clothes which had been there before, they seemed so much more natural—more right—like they were what he was supposed to be wearing. Almost in a daze, he pulled on the overalls, hooking up one of the buttons, but leaving the other undone, like he usually wore them, and then looked at himself in the mirror, letting out a low growl of approval. In the mirror, he saw the room shift and change behind him like his clothes had, his set of bibles becoming a collection of bear magazines and porn DVD’s, which he would watch with some of the cute cubs he brought home with him on the small TV that appeared in place of his prayer altar. His bed grew to a queen sized one, reinforced of course, covered with a set of dirty, cum stained sheets that he hadn’t changed or washed in ages, but that was alright. The smell of cum helped him sleep, especially when he had the cock of a hot bear buried up his ass at the same time. However, most important was the humidor which appeared on the bedside table. Matt quickly opened it up, took out a cigar, lit it, and inhaled deeply. He could still hear the orgy below him, and that, combined with the cigar, was making him horny all over again.

He reached around through the hole he had cut in his overalls and started fingering his ass. Yeah, he could use a good fucking again, he thought, and rummaged around in his “fun” bucket for his favorite dildo, a nine inch shaft of pitch black rubber. He lubed it up with some of his spit and started working it into his ass, moaning all the while. He laid down on his bed, one hand working the dildo in and out, the other working his massive cock to another roaring orgasm. Why was he so horny all of a sudden, he wondered as he slid the dildo up to the hilt and stood up again. He had never been like this before. Matt paused for a moment, thinking hard. What had be been like before? He hadn’t been this muscular, hairy man, dressed in overalls and fucking himself with dildos. He had been a righteous Christian trying to escape from this nightmare of a campus, and now, he realized, he was stuck right in the middle of it. He had been corrupted. He had fallen, and he had no idea whether he would ever be able to climb out of the pit he had fallen into, but if he was going to have a chance, he was going to have to get to the chapel, and get there fast.

First things first though, he needed to clear his head. He pulled the dildo out of his ass, and threw it in the trash can in his room. He checked his closet, but didn’t see anything better to wear than what he had on, so he put on his shoes, and left his room. He didn’t get two steps away before Tom pushed him against the wall and gave him a smoky kiss, which Matt broke away from, hacking the smoke out of his lungs.

“What the hell man?” Tom said, “I heard you in there, fucking yourself. I know you want it.” He tried to get close to Matt again, who took a step away, trying to sort out his feelings as fast as he could.

Matt did want it. He wanted it bad. He wanted to apologize, and then kiss Tom for hours, make him choke on his fat dick and then take his fist up his ass while his whole room filled up with cigar smoke and any number of other things, but he had to resist the temptation. “No Tom, I…I can’t right now. There’s somewhere I gotta be.”

Tom took another puff on his cigar, and looked away, obviously hurt, “Oh, sure man. Whatever,” shrugged his shoulders and walked away down the hall.

Matt felt awful, watching Tom walk away like that, but he forced himself to turn around, walk down the stairs, and out of the building. He joined the rest of the students on the path, if you could even call them that, having no trouble fitting in now. It took all of his mental effort not to stare down every guy he passed, but the only person he really wanted right now was Tom. He pushed that thought away, just barely stopping himself from running back to the dorm and up to Tom’s room (which he was intimately familiar with in his memory, for some reason) and making love to him then and there.

As he got closer to the chapel, the urge got stronger and stronger, almost like something didn’t want him going there. He couldn’t let himself be tempted away though. That had already happened once, and look at what had happened to him then. He forged ahead on the path, stopping only when he found the entire place swarming with campus security, the doors to the sanctuary laid open. He was too late. All was already lost.

He went over to a nearby bench and sat down, unable to believe what had happened. They had to have escaped—there was no way that they had gotten caught. They were smarter than that. John was smarter than that, smarter than him. Still, the fact that they weren’t there meant that there was still hope. Maybe he could find them, and they would be able to fix him—change him back. Maybe they could still reclaim the school. He had to find them.

Looking down, he realized he still had the massive cigar he had lit in his room clasped in his massive hand. He took another drag and part of him stirred wildly, the part of him which wanted him to go back to Tom’s room and fall back into a haze of satisfied smoke, beer, and sex, but he couldn’tnow that he had reclaimed some small bit of his sanity. He needed to get away—away from campus. He dropped the butt of the cigar to the ground. There must be normal people somewhere, and he would find them. The whole world couldn’t have been changed like this, there must be others who remembered what had happened. He would save them, he would save all of them.

He walked to the edge of campus, but there, he was stricken with an severe sense of unease. It was not that something outside of him was preventing him from leaving, but rather a fear and anxiety coming from within of what might lie beyond the safety of campus. It overwhelmed him with nostalgia, and he couldn’t help missing his cigars, his messy room, but more than anything, he wanted to be with Tom. He knew it was wrong, but perhaps it was he who had been wrong. Perhaps it was the things “out there” that he ought to be afraid of. Here he was safe and happy, satisfied with who he was. No longer willing to risk it, he turned around and half walked, half ran back to the safety of his dorm. He knew that he was turning his back on his true friends, but he could not deny the sense of peace overwhelming him. He was happy here, like this, though he had been loath to admit it. Perhaps he had been meant to be corrupted. Perhaps this is what God wanted, and had not turned his back on him after all.

* * *

END: Big Bears on Campus