The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE PRACTICE

By Mesmerr

15

‘Everybody had a ball.’ Serena said quietly as she sat opposite mum and I while drinking her Sunday morning coffee after the night before. I had risen late and had awoken to a message from mum on my answering machine telling me to come over for morning tea. It was with great trepidation that I’d done so, but figured she could only cut me out of her will, or, in the worst case scenario, tell me she didn’t love me anymore, and I didn’t think she’d do that. Good sons were like good help-hard to find.

‘That’s good,’ I replied, saying as little as possible until I discovered what they did and did not remember. Then Serena frowned slightly.

‘Someone didn’t like the color scheme in my toilet, or maybe the wallpaper.’ Serena frowned, looking at me directly. ‘But, apart from that, from the phone calls I’ve received this morning after everyone had settled down and thought about it, I’d say your mystery show was a big hit.’

My eyebrows rose a little. ‘Mystery show?’ I queried, then sipped my coffee and sighed. Serena glanced quickly at mum who only sipped her coffee as well then glanced briefly at me before sighing softly.

‘Well, I assume we all had the time of our lives,’ Serena said frowning, ‘but only your mum and I know that we probably can’t remember just how good a time we might have actually had.’ Then she looked directly at me. ‘At least, I hope we did.’

For about three seconds longer than I figured had been necessary, Serena held my eyes. It gave me chills. It was then that I realized she might never tell me whether she knew I’d mounted her like a pedestal or not. It was in her nature, I figured, to keep me guessing to my grave. I also figured that mum couldn’t remember anything, apart from waking up with Serena’s head beneath her Warrior Queen’s lap-lap and a naked woman kissing her on the mouth. Nevertheless, I was still alive so far, so it seemed as if a good time was imagined, at least, as having been had by all. Mum had only given me one quietly serious look since I’d sat down at the table with them both. The look had said:

“If I ever find out what really happened boy, look out.”

‘They all want to come to the next one.’ Serena said quietly then. ‘What does that tell you?’

I smiled and sipped my coffee then sighed. ‘It tells me that they’re probably all your very best friends and would go wherever you told them to go.’ I said.

Serena just looked at me. I was beginning to become a little uncomfortable. ‘Well, that probably true,’ she said, ‘but they really do want to come again.’ Then she added, reaching for her purse, ‘and here’s the proof,’ she said, handing me an envelope. ‘They paid in advance by pledge. I’ll pay for them, but they’ll pay me later’

I opened it up to the sound of mum’s gasp and Serena’s quiet gaze. Ten hundred-dollar bills grinned at me. One thousand dollars. I held my breath and smiled then handed it to mum with a mocking grand gesture.

‘My Manager handles this sort of thing.’ I grinned. ‘I’m too busy.’

Mum took it then we continued in silence drinking our respective coffees. Serena was the only one who didn’t sigh after sipping. I figured she didn’t really like coffee or she would have. Visions suddenly flooded my mind of her creamy white buttocks. My imagination saw me coupling with her on her hands and knees, hard and fast. I boned up immediately with an outgoing sigh of coffee afterglow and felt very hot all of a sudden.

‘Next time, though,’ mum said, ‘don’t hypnotize us, Steven, just the rest.’

‘It was an accident.’ I defended myself for the first time, smiling. ‘Don’t look at the crystal.’

‘Accident?’ Serena exclaimed quietly. ‘Really?’

‘It’s very effective,’ mum said quickly.

I nodded and smiled. Mum got up and put her hand out for my cup. I handed it to her. Then she turned and walked out to the kitchen. Serena just smiled politely at me. Then I felt the tip of her shoe, touch my ankle. My eyebrows rose instantly and my head snapped around to see where mum was. Out of sight, thank Christ. I turned back to the all-knowing eyes that belonged to the woman I’d fucked like a dog the night before, and, on the carpet of her own lounge room floor. She knew. I felt it immediately. She knew. As I held her steady gaze while she continued to stare at me and stopped rubbing my ankle with her shoe, I realized then that, given the evidence I’d left behind where she would most certainly find it, she had to know. And now she was letting me know she knew. I knew I was blushing, but I couldn’t do a thing about it. And then she twisted the knife.

‘You animal!’ She whispered angrily in a hushed tone, so that mum couldn’t hear. Then she made a low growling sound like a tiger.

Not know quite how to respond to her obvious hostility, I coughed and smiled my best little boy smile in defense, but just then, mum arrived back with the fresh coffee. Serena’s hostile gaze remained for several minutes while we all chatted about the next show and what sort of theme it should be. When we had agreed, mum left the table then and went to have her morning shower. I looked at Serena as I sipped my coffee and sighed, waiting for her shoe to kick hard, now that she had no witnesses. She looked back at me and just smiled politely. Her eyes did not, however.

‘Steven?’ She began quietly, looking down at the table. The hostility had gone. It was amazing. I felt so relieved all of a sudden. If someone ever wanted to ask me something they didn’t really want to ask, they would never look at me directly. Must have been something about my face, I figured. Mum was the same.

‘About your mum and I,’ she began, but I immediately interrupted her.

‘I’m cool,’ I said on a hunch before she needed to go any further. Still gazing down at the table, her lips slowly formed a soft smile and she said no more. She reached out and picked up the envelope then handed it to me. I grinned.

‘That’ll put some food in the fridge,’ I smiled, stuffing it into my jacket pocket.

‘It would seem like there’s plenty more where that came from.’ She said quite seriously. ‘What do you really think of the next theme?’

I thought about it for a second or two, then said:

‘I like it.’

I had to; it had been basically my idea. Serena smiled politely.

‘So do I,’ she said. ‘I can tell that your mum really does, too. And if she likes your ideas, I’ll be able to sell them to my friends to host it. She’s very creative in her own way. This show was for five hundred dollars.’ Then she said seriously. ‘I believe we can get a lot more for your entertaining talents... after last night.’

I didn’t like her hostile look and my eyebrows were getting tired from climbing my forehead so many times on a Sunday morning.

‘How much more?’ I asked.

‘One thousand dollars a night.’ Serena said in a hushed tone, as if she couldn’t quite believe what she was saying, herself. ‘I’d like to talk to you privately about a few ideas your mum and I were speaking of before you arrived. She doesn’t need to be there. We’ve already discussed it at length this morning.’

My eyebrows stayed right where they were as I sipped my coffee and said absolutely nothing. I stared at her, but I said nothing. One thousand dollars a night, my mind repeated, amazed. She had to be kidding. I just nodded again, stunned into silence. Then her gaze focussed and she looked directly into my eyes.

‘Steven,’ she began quietly, briefly looking down at the table, ‘how forceful is hypnosis?’

That was a new one, I thought-how forceful? I said nothing, knowing she’d only just begun. Her eyes hadn’t left my face. She was a people-studier, I decided then. I’d seen them before. I felt like every little line on my face was being analyzed.

‘I was thinking,’ she said quietly, ‘or wondering, actually, whether it could make a person do something they really and truly wouldn’t even think of doing?’

‘Such as?’ I asked, now curious as to where she was going now and not wanting it to take all day, via the scenic route. She dropped her eyes for a few seconds and studied the table, instead of my face. It was a brief relief. She looked up again just when I’d finished the thought. Her face was still serious.

‘Well—,’ she began again, then stopped.

That annoyed me a bit. I hate people who start to say something and then stop.

‘Question too hard?’ I grinned, trying to get her to relax. She laughed.

‘Smart-ass,’ she said without laughing.

‘Well?’ I coaxed with a warm smile.

‘Well,’ she began again, ‘what if someone really hated something so much that-that even the thought of it sent chills up and down my spine?’

That gave it away, I grinned silently. She was talking about herself. I decided to take control of the situation at the earliest opportunity and find out where she was really coming from.

‘I don’t know,’ I told her honestly.

Just then, mum arrived back downstairs and sat down again, smiling at both of us and looking as fresh as a daisy. I swear, she looked ten years younger than I had seen her of late. Serena smiled quietly at both of us then, but unexpectedly, got up and left, saying she had things to do and needed to get on with her day before she ran out of time. After she’d gone, mum sat back down and smiled.

‘Want another coffee?’ She asked.

‘No, mum,’ I said, surprising her. ‘I’m all coffee’d out this morning.’

In truth, I was puzzling over Serena’s sudden, or, at least, unexpected-by-me departure.

‘What did you and Serena talk about while I was gone?’ She asked then, a quiet smile hovering on her lips.

I looked at her seriously. ‘I don’t think I honestly know, mum,’ I answered. ‘This and that, I guess.’

‘She’s really excited about these hypnosis shows, you know,’ mum said then.

‘Me, too,’ I answered.

‘It’s the hypnosis itself,’ she said then, ‘or I think it is, anyway.’

I nodded, but said nothing more, knowing Serena wasn’t the only one interested in hypnosis.

‘Did she say... Did she say anything about... about me?’ She said hesitantly then, even more quietly, and without looking at me.

‘No, mum,’ I replied honestly, brushing her seriousness aside, ‘the next party, mostly.’

Mum nodded and got up then, saying she wanted another coffee. I still puzzled over what Serena had been talking about and her sudden departure. When mum came back and sat down, she sipped her coffee without sighing. Immediately, I knew she had something on her mind she’d rather not have there.

‘Steven,’ she began very softly, not looking at me.

‘I’m cool, mum,’ I said for the second time that morning on a hunch.

She smiled and said no more. Then I, too, made my excuses and left. Mum saw me to the door and hugged me, then I headed off back to my flat, still perplexed over Serena and wondering if it had anything to do with my mother, now that they both knew I was, ‘cool.’

I knocked, but it wasn’t the door of my own flat I was knocking on. It was the elegant front door of Serena’s house.