The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Love Toy’s Reprieve

Chapter 4 Truth and Complications

When Brenda told me what Dan had done, I knew that we had to at least give them an idea of what was going on, before he met with the Deputy Attorney General. Jen and I didn’t bother to get dressed we just stayed in our robes.

“Well dear brother, you just couldn’t stay out of it” I replied tersely.

“Sam, I’m not sure if you understand the kind of trouble that you might be in right now” he replied.

“I do. That’s why I asked Brenda to order you to keep your big trap shut…Oh Dan. I’m sorry to go off on you like this, but I believe that Jen is still in danger” I said as I realized that I was being too hard on Dan.

“We don’t want anything to happen to you or Brenda” added Jen.

“Sam, you have to trust me. I know what I’m doing” said Dan.

“Dan, if I’m reading Sam right, and I always do, we all could be in some serious trouble, depending what you say tomorrow” said Brenda.

Armed with some confidence from having Brenda on my side, I proceeded to tell the story, with the exception of the science fiction like stuff. My brother and sister-in-law listened, spellbound by the story. Brenda got up from her chair and sat down next to Jen on the other side of her on the sofa and began to stroke her arm.

“That is a terrible thing to happen to such a wonderful person” said Dan.

“It’s a miracle that Sam was around to spirit you away” said Brenda.

“Sam’s an amazing man” said Jen softly.

I could sit around and accept compliments from these two beautiful women all night, but I had to get to the bottom of what Dan told the Attorney General and what he learned from the man.

“OK, Dan this is important. What did you tell the AG about Jen”

“Just that she contacted me because she was urged to do so by a friend and that I was someone who she could trust” said Dan.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I shouldn’t have doubted my brother’s instincts. “Thanks for not bringing me into it, Dan. I believe that the only way I can keep Jen safe is for my identity to remain a secret” I said expecting my brother to call me paranoid. I was wrong.

“Sam, I’ve known Tom Richards for nearly ten years and I’ve never known him to be an alarmist. He was quite concerned” said Dan.

“What did he say about Jen” I asked.

Dan paused and looked at Brenda and she nodded.

“Jen is one of a dozen confirmed cases of missing women in our state that they feel are related. She’s also the first one to actually escape from her captors” he said.

“Why does the AG think Jen’s case and the others are related?” I asked.

“They all have the same M.O. and the same victim profile. The women involved all appear to be between the ages 28 to 38, Most of them have families. They all have been abducted from public places in broad daylight. It usually happens in store changing rooms or bathrooms at restaurants. Most of the women live in your area, but a few are from around here. Finally, these women all have vanished without a trace. They began to fear that this may have been the work of a serial killer, but no bodies have been found. Finding Jen is a hopeful sign that perhaps the others are alive too.”

“Wouldn’t the F.B.I have jurisdiction over these abductions, so how would Mr. Richards even know about the details” I asked.

“He was unofficially asked for help by Bill Sherman who is the regional director of the bureau” said Dan.

“He was the man who gave me his card” said Jen.

“How well do you know, Mr. Richards?” I asked.

“Very well, I worked with Tom in the State’s Attorneys office for six years. He was my boss for the last two” said Dan.

“He and Abby, his wife our fairly good friends of ours” said Brenda.

“What about this Deputy you are seeing?” I asked.

“His name is Ted Elliot. I’ve met him a couple of times, but I don’t really know him” said Dan.

I was beginning to feel concerned. While I trusted Tom Richards as Dan knew him, I did not have the same level of confidence in this Mr. Elliot.

“Dan, I know you just got off the phone with Mr. Richards, but could I ask you to call him back?”

“Why?”

“I need you to meet with him rather than Elliot. I believe that there is some kind of conspiracy afoot” I said dramatically, while waiting for Dan to laugh at my paranoia. He didn’t.

“Sam, you should know that Tom confided in me that Bill Sherman asked for Tom’s help because he felt that there was an effort to cover the matter up at a higher level. He also hinted that there was a chance that the bureau had been compromised” said Dan.

“Why did he want you to meet with Elliot”

“Elliot is running point on the state’s efforts. Tom said that he was concerned that the state’s involvement might come to light if he handled the matter himself. This would embarrass the Governor and high ranking federal officials”

“Dan, call him back. Tell him that you have someone who is willing to explain what happened to Jen in more detail, but I will only talk to him” I said.

“OK, I’ll try” said Dan as he walked out of the living room and into the study.

“My God, Jen, you poor thing! How did you ever survive what happened to you?” asked Brenda while still stroking her arm.

“To be honest I’m not sure. I guess I knew that I was doing what I was doing for my family’s safety” she said.

“And then your lousy, no good, please excuse me for using the word, but there isn’t a better one ‘asshole’ of a husband divorced you, remarried and is now keeping your child from you” said an angry Jen.

Jen’s tears started to flow.

“Don’t you worry honey. First of all, we’re going to nail those bastards who kidnapped you. Then I’m going to get you the best family lawyer in the state to nail your ex-husband’s butt to the wall! We’ll get your Samantha back for you and we will collect back alimony…”

“You know, Bren. Dan was right about you” I interrupted her diatribe.

“How so?”

“He described you as a ‘force of nature’” said Jen trying to laugh despite the tears.

“I do have a tendency to fly off the handle sometimes” she smiled sheepishly.

“I wouldn’t want you any other way, sis” I smiled.

“I’m just glad that you’re on my side” said Jen as she smiled at Brenda and turned her head to kiss Bren’s comforting hand.

“You are going to be my new sister! Sam will tell you that if nothing, I’m fiercely loyal”

“You are all that and a lot more” I said as I leaned over Jen and kissed Bren on the cheek and of course Dan picked that moment to walk into the living room.

“What, one beautiful woman is not enough for you?” he laughed.

“Dan honey, you know that I’d never be unfaithful to you, but if I were, it would be with Sam” laughed Bren.

“What do you think Dan, should we be worried?” asked a laughing Jen.

“Nah.. I see the way Sam looks at you. The man devours you with his eyes” smiled Dan.

“Brenda is amazing, but she’s not Jen” I said before leaning and kissing her passionately.

“Jen laughed breaking the kiss. “Not in front of your family.”

“Do I get a raincheck?” I asked and then saw Dan roll his eyes.

“I hate to break up this modern version of The Philadelphia Story, but I spoke with Tom and he agreed to meet us tomorrow evening at 6:30 in his office” said Dan.

“That’s good news. Is he willing to protect my identity for now” I asked.

“He doesn’t even know who you are yet” smiled Dan.

“What about the appointment with Elliot?”

“He removed it from the calendar. He understood why we might prefer to talk to him instead. He’s keeping this whole thing on the hush, hush” said Dan.

“Good. Should I come too?” asked Jen.

“I think you better stay here with Brenda” said Dan.

“No, Dan I think we need to bring both Jen and Brenda” I said.

“Why?” asked Brenda.

“Call me paranoid, but somehow I get the feeling that if we leave you two alone, then you will be in danger” I stated.

“Don’t you think that is a little over the top?” asked Dan.

“So far Sam’s instincts have kept me safe and he was right about practically everything concerning my visit to the Federal Building. I trust him with my life and I think you two should too” said Jen. “What about Danny?” asked Dan.

“I already called my Mom. As we are going ring shopping tomorrow for Jen, I figured it would be better if we left Danny with her. We can always pick him up later tomorrow night” said Brenda.

“Brenda, do you really…” stated Dan.

“Honey, I don’t know about you, but I believe Sam. I saw how afraid he was when I told him that you would interfere. I also saw his pain and frustration when I told him that you called Tom. My instincts are telling me that Sam is right.” said Brenda.

“And your instincts are pretty damn good” said Dan.

“No, with all due modesty, they’re pretty damn perfect” laughed Brenda.

“OK, Sam. I’m going to count on you to keep Brenda and Jen safe tomorrow” Will meet up for an early dinner tomorrow at La Maison and then we’ll go on to meet with Tom” said Dan.

“La Maison two nights in a row, aren’t we being extravagant?” laughed Brenda.

“I know that Sam will agree with me, but I think Jen deserves it after everything she has been through” said Dan.

“Honestly, I’d be happy going to Sonic’s” laughed Jen.

We all laughed fairly hard and then convinced Jen that her poor, mistreated palette deserved some more delicious French food and she reluctantly agreed.

It was now about midnight, and goodnight hugs and kisses were exchanged as Jen and I went back to our room When we got there, Jen, did not hesitate to give me a big, passionate kiss as we fell on to the bed together. I looked in her eyes and I noticed that most of the red was gone. They shone with a kind of happiness that I could not have imagined her having after I picked her up off the pharmacy floor the other night.

“Jen, I know you love me, but why?” I asked.

“I have finally found your flaw” laughed Jen.

“You mean you found only one?”

“Yes. You’re insecure when it comes to your relationships”

“We’ll talk about my flaws later, but why me?” I asked.

Jen rolled her eyes as if to say that she couldn’t believe how dumb I was being. I’ve seen that look on my ex-wife’s face, as well as Brenda’s and my other sister-in-laws; even my colleague at work, Vivian’s face. “Sam, if you don’t know what’s special about yourself, I’m not sure that you’ll ever get it.”

I lowered my head and sat there quietly wondering why I was such an idiot. Jen lifted my head and kissed my sweetly. She then broke the kiss and looked me in the eyes. “Since I’m in love with you, I’m going to tell you once. You have to promise me that we’ll never speak of this again. Do you promise?”

“Yes” I said quietly.

“First of all, you are the kindest and sweetest man I’ve ever met. Anyone who couldn’t love you just based alone on that would be an idiot. It also doesn’t hurt that you’re a handsome man. You’re an amazing lover”

“I’m not that…”

“Shush! You need to listen. I have never felt so safe or trusting of any man. You are incredibly bright, funny, clever, patient and loyal. You are humble to a fault. It used to be cute but it’s starting to get annoying”

“Are you sure that you don’t just…”

“…love me because you rescued me” interrupted Jen completing my thought. “I can’t deny that that was part of why I feel the way I do about you. When I searched my soul, I realized that in the process of saving me, you displayed in you all the traits I was attracted to. I honestly felt that you care for me, even when you knew I was married. Adam never made me feel that way, neither had anyone else. When I looked at the whole package that was Sam Borden, I realized that I was in love with you.”

“When did you realize it” I asked.

“When I saw you lying there sleeping at the hotel. I thought about how cute you looked and then how attractive you were, then everything flooded into my brain at once” she said.

“Are you sure Jezebel was not involved?”

“Jezebel can’t manipulate my emotions, only interpret them. When she was in control of my body, she could manufacture her own emotions from my past experiences for herself to arouse my body, but she could never change what I thought inside. Anything else you want to ask me, remember this is your last chance” she grinned.

She loved me. I mean I knew she did when she said yes to my proposal, but I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. Based upon what Jen just told me, the other shoe was staying right where it was. “So, do you want to know why I love you” I asked.

“Not really” she laughed.

“Why?”

“Because I know why you love me. I’ve never clicked with anyone like I do with you and I sense you feel the same. I know you find me attractive. I make you laugh and you make me laugh too. I’m smart and witty and like Bren says ‘I dress up like a goddess’. I’m almost as perceptive as Brenda is which is why she and I have become so close. I know that’s a trait that you appreciate in women, because I know how much you admire Bren.”

“Wow!” was all I could muster.

“Do you know what she and I talked about in the washroom at the restaurant?” Jen did not wait for an answer. “We talked about how I should nip this insecurity thing with you right in the bud. Of course she threatened me bodily if I ever hurt you” she laughed.

“That’s my Bren” I laughed.

“I don’t know. I worry if something ever happened to Dan, I might have competition” she laughed.

“I love Bren, but she’s not you” I smiled back.

“God, you are such a sweet man” as she kissed me and began to take off my robe. Being ever the gentleman, I helped her remove hers. And then Jen became the wildcat again. She kissed me with an unequaled passion. If there was a shred of doubt concerning her love and attraction for me, it was gone. Soon, she was riding me. In several minutes she had orgasmed. She wasn’t done yet. She pulled me over on top of her and reinserted my painfully hard cock back into her tight channel and I began to pound down into her. She matched my tempo with her hips thrusting up, as the heat of being in Jen’s beautiful pussy was beginning to take its toll on me. I felt Jen’s breathing beginning to get a little ragged after about ten minutes and then I felt a familiar squeeze around my cock. I looked down at Jen’s face and as her eyes opened, her lust contorted face twisted her mouth into a crooked grin as she squeezed my completely embedded cock That smile of Jen’s just pushed me over the top as I came hard ,deep in Jen’s pussy. That appeared to set Jen off again as I felt her thrash below me as her strong legs kept her impaled on my cock.

After we came down from our respective orgasms, I languidly rolled off of Jen, and we kissed and cuddled on our side for a few minutes and then she broke the kiss. “In the interest of full disclosure, I think you should know about my flaws if you hadn’t figured them out yet” she smiled.

“You’re flawless”

“You’re sweet and borderline delusional” she laughed. “Seriously, I tend to hate it when people don’t take me seriously, I get moody, I pout and sometimes I can be a real bitch”

“Even if any of that were true, I can handle it”

“That’s what Adam told me” said Jen.

“But I’m not Adam”

“That’s for sure. I should have realized that Adam was not a patient man. It’s probably why we fought so much” said Jen.

“I’m still positive that he was involved somehow. I became worried when he tried to get you into the basement and when he ran up the stairs I was scared he was going for a weapon”

“I’d like to think that I knew him well enough that he’d never want to harm me, but looking at it your way, I think he really did. The last year of our marriage was pretty painful, though we did a fair job of concealing it from the world.”

“He’ll never hurt you again” I vowed.

“That’s my big, strong Sam who’ll keep me safe” she smiled as she kissed me and then caressed my brow. Soon, sleep claimed my tired body as I awaited tomorrow’s events.

In the morning, I woke up fairly early. Jen was still out cold, so I quietly put on a robe and walked downstairs to see who was awake. Dan was eating breakfast and Brenda was futzing with the coffee maker. “Still haven’t learned to run one of them thar machines” I drawled. Dan cracked up, while Brenda extended her middle finger in as genteel fashion as I’ve ever seen someone flip somebody off.

“Just sit down and let tech guy handle it, honey” smiled Dan.

I walked over to see that the timer apparently had not gone off to make coffee this morning. I quickly got the machine going as Brenda had already put the coffee in. I then checked the timer which was not programmed correctly, so coffee would be ready for tomorrow. “All done!’ I smiled as I sat down in between my hosts.

“My hero” said Brenda as you could hear the sarcasm dripping off her voice.

“I forgot how cranky you are in the morning” I smiled.

“I am, aren’t I?” she smiled.

“No comment” said her husband.

“Wimp!” I teased.

“OK, you two. I appreciate both; your honesty Sam and my husband’s discretion”

“Dan, does your wife always get out of bed looking so beautiful” I smiled.

Brenda gave me another genteel extension of her middle finger followed by a kiss on the cheek. “Jen is a lucky woman Sam”

“Hey, you’re pretty lucky too. Dan’s a catch”

“He is, isn’t he?”

“I’m just dreamy” laughed Dan after which we all followed suit.

“What’s going on, I feel like I’m at a Noel Coward play” smiled Jen as she had obviously overheard some of the patter”

“I guess we are kind of witty, but you are too. Feel free to re-write our dialogue if you like” laughed Brenda.

“I wouldn’t change a syllable. You have to understand; what passed as witty dialogue for Adam was ‘pass the remote’” laughed Jen.

“Well, you’re getting the opposite with Sam” smiled Bren.

“Again, I wouldn’t change a syllable he utters” said Jen as she leaned over and kissed me.

As it was about eight, I knew that my associate, Vivian would be at her desk by now. Vivian was a beautiful, bright, and talented young lady. When I first met her, she had been hired to be my assistant. I was worried that she was gunning for my job and I was right. Three years later, I had insisted that Vivian not only get a raise, but a title change to Associate Director of Information Technology. Of course that meant that I needed a title change too, so I went from being Chief of Networking Operations to Director of Information Technology. I did not ask for a raise for myself though. During the time we had known each other, Vivian went from gunning for my job, to a loyal colleague and someone I knew I could trust. Now I really needed her help.

I placed a call from my cell. “Hey Viv”

“Hey boss. Do you need another day?” came her chipper reply.

“I’m having a personal family crisis right now”

“Are you OK, Sam?” she asked in a concerned voice.

“I’m OK at the moment, but someone I care for is in some trouble. I can’t go into details. I’m hoping that you can hold the fort a little longer and cover me with Karla until I come back. Hopefully by the end of the week. Otherwise I may need to contact HR about an extended leave of absence”

“Don’t worry Sam. Take as long as you need. I’ll handle Karla”

“Thanks Viv. You’re amazing!”

“You’re not so bad yourself. Seriously, you sound worried, so whatever is going on, be careful”

“I will and I’ll give you all the gory details when I return” We exchanged goodbyes and I disconnected.

After Dan had left for work and the rest of us dressed, we dropped Danny off with Bren’s Mom and we went to Bren’s favorite jeweler. When we arrived the girls made a beeline for the display case housing engagement type rings and I smiled. I couldn’t tell who was more excited, my bride-to-be, my sister-in-law, or the jeweler who stood to make a tidy profit, especially if Bren had anything to do with the choice of rings. Then I heard my wonderful Jen say something which only told me how amazing she was. “I don’t need anything too extravagant. This is my second wedding, and I know I’ve got it right this time”

In the end Jen chose a lovely half-carat diamond ring with a simple setting. Bren who very often confused me with Bill Gates, had something “a little more substantial” in mind, but agreed that the ring was pretty and described it as “classic” and “tasteful”, which was high praise for Bren. I pulled out my plastic to pay figuring we could get the flight for a nice honeymoon out of all the travel points this was going to earn me. The jeweler said we could come back at the end of the week and it would be resized. As it really took no time at all, so we had time to go out and get Jen and me some practical clothes for our meeting tonight. Then we had a nice lunch at a small bistro that Bren liked. The food and the company were good. I was amazed how close Bren and Jen had become in such a short time. Of course, out came the embarrassing secrets from Bren about me. I’m sure if Jen was not horrified by what she heard that she would be endeared by the stories. Luckily for me, it seemed like the latter.

By about two-thirty, we got home. As we got out of the car, I noticed that Bren had kept the key in the ignition. “Tell you what; I want to have a quick visit with my Mom and Danny. I’ll drop you off so you can get ready for tonight. Here’s my spare key. I should be back in about an hour in a half, as our reservation at Le Maison is for five.

“OK, Bren. Thanks for everything!” smiled Jen taking the key.

“Any time, sister” smiled Bren.

“You’re amazing, Bren” I uttered.

“I know” she smiled and then she whispered in my ear. “Just remember, we have neighbors” and we both cracked up.

As Bren pulled away, Jen looked at me. “What did she whisper to you?” she asked.

“I’m not sure you want to know” I laughed.

“Did it have anything to do with what we’re about to do?” she smiled as she unlocked the door and opened it and we walked into the house.

“You might say that” I said as I closed the door, and she crooked smiled me.

“Well we have an hour and a half” she said, while still wearing the smile I love so well.

“Race you” as I bolted up the stairs.

“Hey, No fair!” she called after me as she ran too.

I ran into our bedroom and jumped on the bed. About fifteen seconds later, Jen joined me.

“Well I guess you won this time” pouted Jen.

“Not a good loser, are you?” I laughed.

“Didn’t I tell you that was one of my flaws?”

“Nope”

“Oh well, I guess I have to make it up to you” she crooked smiled me again before her face went blank”

“Jen?”

“What can I do for you, Master?” replied the construct.

“Oh, I see how you’re going to play it” I laughed.

“How may I please you, Master?”

“Well you can start by removing your clothes, slowly” I smiled as I watched the construct stand up and remove Jen’s clothes. There was something incredibly sexy about watching the former love toy, now in human form, obeying my command.

When Jen’s body was completely on display, I noticed a scar on her abdomen reminding me that Jen was a mother. At first I thought it might be a turn off, but then I thought, if Jen were up to another one, I would happy to be the dad. I was also really turned on seeing the vacant expression in her eyes and I got really hard.

“Jezebel, please remove my pants and boxers.”

“Yes Master” as the construct complied.

“Jezebel, please give me your best blowjob”

“It would be my pleasure to use my hot little mouth to please you, Master” said the construct, but I could tell Jen was now playing too.

Jen’s body crawled up on the bed and began to deep throat me. She took me further than anyone ever had before and her throat muscles constricted around my cock. I knew I wouldn’t last long as I uploaded a large volume of semen down her throat. Jezebel did not gag once. She continued to suck on my flaccid member until I pulled her head off.

“Thank you, Jezebel! That was amazing!” I smiled.

“How else may I please my Master?” said Jezebel with vacant eyes.

While the blow job was incredible, I missed being with Jen. I wanted to see if I could coax her to come out and play. “Jezebel, I must say you’re an amazing lover!”

“Thank you Master. I was programmed to be your perfect lover” replied the construct.

“And you are, my fair Jezebel” I smiled.

“Master, how may I…” Jezebel paused.

“You said that I was your perfect lover” replied a pouting Jen who apparently had taken the bait.

“Gotcha!” I yelled as I took her face in my hands and began to kiss her.

For a second Jen tried to complain into my mouth, but I intensified the kiss, and she started to respond. I then rubbed my hardening cock along her wet pussy and Jen moaned into my mouth. She then moved my hands and guided it into her moist snatch as we continued to french deeply. I could still taste a little of my semen in her mouth, but as Jezebel was completely concerned about my pleasure, much more semen actually went down her gullet instead of in her mouth. I did not care anyway. Bethany had been such a prude. We never celebrated each other’s bodies. We fucked in the dark straight missionary and we never engaged in oral sex.

I rolled on top of Jen and began to stroke in and out of her creamy, yet tight pussy. As it appeared that Jen had a C-section, it certainly might have explained why her pussy was so tight. As I began to piston into her, Jen groaned as her orgasm approached. As mine was still some way off, I just went at it as hard as I could. “Jen’s legs wrapped around my torso and pulled me forcibly to her as she screamed and came. I continued to stroke my cock gently into her and kissed her hoping to revive her lust, but Jen looked wiped out. Then I heard her sigh. The next words out of her mouth were. “How may I serve you, Master?”

I laughed. My sweet Jen was too tired to bring me off, but she put her ego aside to allow the construct to do the job. “You can fuck me with that beautiful body you’re in” I grinned as I picked up the pace. “While Jezebel fucked at a slower pace than Jen, it was quite pleasurable.

“Oh fuck me, Master! Fuck your sex toy!” cried Jezebel with Jen’s words and her emotions.

“You are mine, Jezebel” I groaned as I felt my orgasm coming.

“I am yours and I exist for your pleasure, Master. Take your toy… fuck me!” she moaned.

I thought I could hold out for a little longer, until I felt Jezebel employing the same technique Jen had used on me last night and this morning. “Come for me my, love” I cried out.

“Yes, mast…” said Jezebel as Jen’s body began to shake under me as our simultaneous orgasms claimed us.

“I love you Jen!” I cried out as I orgasmed.

“I love you Sam!” cried Jen who had apparently taken over for Jezebel, mid-orgasm. When we came down from the height of sex, Jen was exhausted.

“You came out!” I grinned.

“When I heard you say ‘Cum for me my love’ I knew you were talking to me. I just needed Jezebel for a jumpstart, so I could cum too when you asked her to cum” yawned Jen.

“You amaze me more every day, you know. Letting Jezebel take over the way you did.”

“I needed to finish you off, and I didn’t have the strength. I couldn’t leave you like that.”

“Now I’m sure you love me” I laughed.

“Well, duh” said Jen sleepily.

I proceeded to stroke Jen’s head until she fell a sleep. I wasn’t tired so I got to lie there and examine my perfect Jen while she slept. At about quarter to four I woke her so we could take a shower and get dressed. This time there was no hanky panky, but I did soap her body and she rubbed her breast against my naked chest as we giggled and just enjoyed each other’s company. By four, I was completely dressed and Jen was almost ready. Seeing our room door was open, my sister-in-law breezed in wearing a knowing smile. “Did you guys have some fun, while I was away?”

“If I didn’t know better, I would have thought that you were snooping” I laughed.

“Nope, just living vicariously through you love birds” she smiled.

“Do I need to have a word with Dan about his marital responsibilities?’

“Oh, God know. It’s just that there is nothing as sweet as ‘new love’” sighed Brenda.

“Well, I agree. I feel like my whole world is upside down. I’ve never felt this way in my entire life” said Jen.

“Here honey, let me help you with your face” said Bren, as she proceeded to make Jen over like last night. Jen watched in rapt attention. I just sat there watching my beautiful fiancée and my amazing sister-in-law interact with each other. This felt so right, as I began to fantasize about future holidays and Jen meeting the rest of my family. With both my folks gone, my brothers and their families were all I had. Now I had the ability to have my own family and wanted to share how happy I was with my family and friends.

About half an hour later, we were on our way to the restaurant to meet Dan.

On the way over to the restaurant, I checked my messages on my cell. After putting the battery in and turning it on, I pressed my voice mailbox. I had three messages. The first one was from Vivian at a little after noon. I was a hang up. The second was from Karla.

“Hello Sam. Vivian told me that you were going to be out for a little while with a family matter. I hate to bother you, but Vivian left for lunch and never came back. She was supposed to cover your meeting with me today for the server upgrade. I was hoping that you had heard from her, because it is unlike her to disappear like that. Please call me.

The third message was from my old friend Ray who was currently dating my ex-Bethany. “Hey buddy. I’m worried about Beth. We had evening plans and she was getting out of work early. She was due more than two hours ago. I checked and she’s not still at work. Have you heard from her? If so, please let me know.”

Normally I would try to find a logical explanation for the disappearance of two women in my life. Under the circumstances I was worried, but did not want to panic my family and Jen. I left messages for Karla, Vivian and Bethany and hoped to hear back, especially from Vivian and Bethany.

Dinner was uneventful and perhaps somber due to the impending meeting. It was fun watching Jen savor every forkful of food though. After dinner, we followed Dan’s car up to the State Administrative building. The guard let us through, noting that we were expected. I had a strange feeling of dread as we walked down a long and dimly lit corridor toward the Attorney General’s office.

When we arrived we noticed that the receptionist had left for the day. There was a light coming from under the door, so Dan knocked and a voice on the other door bid us to enter. As we entered the room a man in his late forties was sitting behind his desk. “Dan, it’s good to see you again” said Tom.

“I wish it were under more pleasant circumstances” replied my brother.

“I gather these are the victim and the witness that the FBI is looking for” said Tom.

“I recognize Ms. Porter” said a voice from the back of the room.

I turned around and saw a man sitting at a back table in a darkened corner of the room. He then stood up and walked over to us. He was a tall man who appeared to be in his fifties. “Hello Ms. Porter. It’s good to see you again”

“Hello Regional Director Sherman” replied Jen nervously.