The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Kitty’s Cookies — Chapter 12

by Redsliver

* * *

The buzz in my head of all the spinning brains in the room was causing my heart to palpitate. Or maybe that was the five Red Bulls and three power bars. That’s a lot of sugar.

“Holy shit! Dude! He’s really fucking all of them in there!”

“Still? It’s been hours!”

“Hero!” My door was as locked as it could get it rattled with the celebratory slaps from the hallway.

I don’t know how long I’d been going. I just knew that I was getting hard without the back end. I could fuck until I literally dropped. I yanked my cock free from… From Ira. It was hard to see her with Vickie riding her roommate’s face and Avril slung across Ira’s belly. Paula had found out that Dove liked being spanked. It had become Paula’s go-to lezzie move. She was smiling a lot more than she had been. Avril squealed.

“I’ll cool her off,” I said, whispering in Avril’s ear as I grabbed the redhead off the back of the stack.

Kitty grabbed me from behind. “I’m a slut!” she cheered in my ear. “Can I fuck Eerya?”

“Ira!” Ira shouted. “And my pussy is really sore!”

“Oh…” Kitty frowned.

“Oh my god! For how much you tried to get between my legs, you’d think you’d do a better job!” Vickie slapped her thighs in a loud clap of Ira’s ears.

“Play nice rough, not mean rough,” I said, reaching over and brushing Vickie’s hair off her ear. She was a shaky sweaty mess.

“Are you gonna fuck the redhead? Do you want help?” Kitty hung on my hips as I rolled Paula back onto my bed.

“Always Kitty.” I pulled the blonde off my back and rolled her over and onto Paula. Kitty scrambled up, straddling Paula’s hips and holding the redhead’s shoulders down.

“Hi! I haven’t even kissed you yet, have I?”

“I’ve only had to kiss Ira and Lynsey. I like boys and—”

“I love boys!” Kitty interrupted and dove in. Paula tensed and kicked and melted under Kitty’s aggressive go.

“She wants all of the notches in her belt,” Dove said. She was on the opposite bed. Ira was stretched out across my desk. Vickie was slung over Ira’s face, one knee on my gaming chair. Avril was staggering up to her feet. She walked over and fell face first across Lynsey and Dove’s legs. Lysney reclined, sighing against the wall, but reached down to pet Avril’s hair like a cat.

“She’s very affectionate,” Lynsey added. “If she’s a slut. We’re all sluts.”

“No one’s a slut. Everyone’s committed to me. Sluts are people who can’t hold a commitment. Who just throw it out outside of the relationship.”

“Relationship?” Marie asked. She was sitting at the head of the bed I was on. She put her hands down and pushed herself off. “Cool, boyfriend. I’m gonna help Ira work Vickie. I think Ira’s running on fumes now. She really can’t take a dick for long, can she?”

“You’re beautiful,” I said, dragging Marie’s jaw towards me and kissing her hard.

Paula struggled and flopped as Kitty excavated tonsils with a tongue. Kitty’s feet hung off the bed, but not enough of Paula’s legs did. I reached down, grabbed Paula’s thighs, and dragged her crotch towards me. Paula and Kitty’s kiss exploded. A wash of saliva bisected Paula’s forehead until she wiped it across Kitty’s tit.

“I was with a guy who went five times in a day once,” Dove said, leaning her head on Lynsey’s shoulder. “Two were back-to-back like Jordan, but most of the time he needed hours in between.”

“He’s on his second go with Paula. Did he do you twice?”

“Not really, he sort of shuffled between me and… What’s Crazy-Eyes’s name?”

“Narrow it down for me?”

“Brunette, really pointy boobs.”

“Oh, Vickie…”

“If you tongues left to gossip, girls. You can make each other cum,” I said, looking over my shoulder and smiling at Statler and Waldorf. I think Avril was falling asleep. Lynsey ended that trip to dreamland harshly by roughly freeing her legs from under Avril.

“Dead! If you need to necro me, leave me face down…” Avril muttered.

I laughed, turned and squeezed Kitty’s ass cheek. She was twisted, her shoulder pinning Paula’s throat to the bed. Kitty reached between their pussies and grabbed my cock. Paula groaned and wheezed from the pressure on her ribs. Kitty slipped me up to Paula’s pussy. Kitty’s wrist couldn’t bend all the way to lead me in. I grabbed myself around the cockhead and slipped into Paula’s drooling sex.

Kitty was giggling. She somersaulted, kicked the wall, and rebounded to land sitting up on the edge of the bed next to me. Paula moaned from the ass to the nose, elbow to the funny bone, and now twat to the pinned hand Kitty had rained down upon her.

“Careful with the goods,” I said, leaning over and kissing Kitty. She kept it to a peck on the lips, shoved me leftwards and slapped my ass.

“I’ll get a proper fuck out of her soon,” Kitty said. “She’s too wound down.”

I nodded. I tried to picture the minds, but I kept my eyes open. They were all over the place, highs and lows, but only one or two super-excited, over 10s remained.

Vickie strangled Marie. Vickie was wailing out her orgasm. Ira was barking and slurping. Dove and Lynsey were softly making out, but I don’t think they were doing much beyond that. Kitty walked over to them, yawned spectacularly, and crawled up on Avril’s side to cuddle the RA.

I ground my teeth. Focus or a fuck would go on forever. I had to reassert that to myself over and over again all night. The room was chaotic and full of the best distractions and overflowing affections I had ever experienced. I lifted Paula’s right leg up, slipped my left knee onto the bed below her thigh and bent her funny as I bent down to kiss her.

Her mouth tasted like pussy. Everyone’s did at this point. I brushed her bangs aside as I broke the kiss.

“Nothing like this is there?”

“Being super-super energized by ultra-mega viagra? How are you still awake?”

I rolled my hips. A slow steady fuck in and out of her sticky wetness. I ran my hands down the fair skin of her throat and cupped her small breasts for a moment. She twitched as the backs of my knuckles ran over her stomach. She put her toes down on the floor, the foot that I didn’t have flung up towards the ceiling. It was a reach for her. An impossibility for anyone else. If I had the presence of mind, I’d have been excited about the extent of her flexibility.

I rocked in and out. She bobbed her hips up and down. My cock ran into her like the coupling rod driving train wheels. We eased into picking up steam.

“Oh, fuck. You don’t know how great a cock is after a couple hours of cunt!” She rolled her hands up to the wall and stretched her spine like a contented housecat.

“Give me another few hours of cunt,” I said.

“You’re gonna need more cunts,” Marie said, she kissed me on the cheek. Paula moaned a wordless counter. Marie nipped my ear and rolled aside before I could grab her. She fell backwards and landed on the bed a foot down from Paula. Vickie climbed up Marie and cuddled. Ira hovered behind me.

“No more bed room?” She laid her wrists on my shoulder and slumped her naked body across my back.

“What?” I asked. She started thrusting her pussy into my ass to keep me rolling in and out of Paula.

“No more room on beds,” she said.

“You’ve got a room seven doors down. Lynsey’s is right across the hall.”

“I’m not walking through those animals out there alone and…” She kissed my neck. “I think even Paula’s passing out.”

“I can… Urrgh…” Paula moaned, limply rocking with my thrusts.

“I can’t fuck a girl who’s not awake,” I said.

“Still up…” Paula moaned, soldiering on grumpily. I reached up and rubbed Ira’s fingers.

“My pussy has never been more raw or sore,” she said, cheek against my shoulder blade. “Stop holding back. Paula can take it.”

“Oh my god!” Paula groaned worriedly.

I had told Dove and Lynsey to make each other cum. I looked over my shoulder. Lynsey was slumped over Dove’s back who was slumped over Lynsey’s legs.

“Jordan! Oh my god!” Paula dug her fingernails into her cheek as she managed for two thrusts to push her hips up into me. She was shaking and limp soon after.

“Alright then,” I said. I slapped the meat of Paula’s thigh. Kitty had her feet draped over Paula’s stomach. She nuzzled her face into Avril’s hair. Avril groaned, mouth open, drool staining my pillows. I reached my hand forward and tickled Kitty’s toes.

“Unh?” she asked, her eyes fluttering open.

She was exhausted too.

I shook my head and pressed down on Paula’s legs. I stretched myself over her. Ira just laid across my back. Paula squirmed. Her pussy was still clenching. Her hand ran in slow circles on my chest. I stroked a red hair out of her mouth. I laid a light kiss on her.

“Mmm… Not Sleeping Beauty yet, Prince Charming…” she groaned.

I drove my cock in long and deep. I started really pumping hard on the in-strokes. I didn’t jackhammer, maybe I was as tired as they were. Maybe my body didn’t know it yet. Paula purred contentedly as I pulled out. She gasped fiercely as I plowed inward. She grabbed her face and bit her thumb.

Ira had tried to ride me to sleep but, after the third jab into Paula, she had slid herself over and climbed on the foot of the bed, over Paula’s shoulders, and draped herself on Kitty. Kitty giggled and pulled Ira’s hands tightly on her stomach.

I looked down at Paula. She was biting the inside of her cheek, forcing her eyes open. I just had to use her.

“I want you to cum,” I said.

“I came with you and Lynsey and Marie and I dunno, one of the others. Marie I think,” Paula grunted as I pumped into her.

“And that’s—”

“That’s enough! Please make me do it again…” she said. She looked me in the eyes. She muttered, “Make me.”

Are there two hotter words in the English language? I could’ve just fucked my way until I was done and called it a night. It didn’t feel right. I could masturbate on my own. I had a girl, my girl, my responsibility to fuck. Fucking was about sharing.

“I am gonna make you,” I whispered in her ear.

She clamped me with all of the muscles of her pussy. In fact, I think her whole body stiffened, as she skipped a breath or twelve. She shook her head. She couldn’t stop smiling. I ground the front of my pelvis against her pussy after every rush inward. She’d twitched. She’d gasped. I kissed her.

The clench broke, she oozed like spilt Jell-O. She snapped tightly again and screeched my name.

“Did I hurt you?” I almost asked, but her pussy had grabbed me just right.

She may have had a fistful of orgasms that night. I don’t know how many I had had. It wasn’t every time I had entered a pussy. I’d trade and shuffle and jump from girl to girl. I went for a swig of Red Bull after each one. There had been a box of four cans and one more. How many swigs in can?

Did any of the girls take a pick-me-up? I hadn’t been the one to throw out the empties.

Still, I didn’t think I could handle myself like this.

Maybe I couldn’t have without so many girls to feed my lust with.

I clenched my eyes closed and dug my fingers into Paula’s reddened skin. I grunted fiercely. I don’t think I had much to blast up into her.

There was a moment. A vision of clarity. It didn’t always come for me, but it was right at the peak of the roller coaster before you flew downward, released to the state of nature.

All of the minds in the room made themselves known to me. Kitty’s cracked egg. Vickie’s competing gears. Lynsey’s was starting to blur. Paula’s was a mess, but too slow to really break itself. Marie’s was a happy and proud nine. Dove’s was cold, all but stopped. Ira’s was warm, giddy in a way that was strange to itself. Avril… She wasn’t mine. She saw herself as a visitor.

I wasn’t going to let that—

I crashed over the precipice. Collapsing and breathing hard over Paula’s forehead. I pinned her tight on the foot of my bed. She snored into my throat.

Slowly, achingly, letting myself be tired, I pulled myself off Paula and stood in between the beds. I don’t know how any of the girls slept in the positions they were in. Only Avril, who had Kitty leech onto her, looked at all comfortable.

I squatted down, picked blankets off the floor. They had been kicked off of the bed a long long fuck ago. Paula, who was the tallest, was laying across the foot of my bed, legs stretched out into the middle of the room. There wasn’t much I could do for her with the three women up the length of the bed from her.

I draped my first comforter over my bed. The other blanket I draped over the other. If I could only lie down with Dove, Lynsey, Marie, and Vickie, we’d all disappear for the Tetris I scored. I walked over to my computer chair. It was a decent gaming chair. I’d napped in it before.

“Oo-oh my god! Everything hurts!” Lynsey groaned as she sat up, pulling her head out from under the blanket and off from on top of Dove’s spine.

When had the sun come up? I’d barely settled my ass in the chair before I even blinked my eyes.

I felt incredible, ready for the day, better than I had any morning of my life.

My stomach rumbled.

“Fo~od!” Kitty zombied.

“Cof~fee!” Marie countered.

“Good morning, girls,” I said, stretching as I got out of the chair. “Anyone got a clue whose bra this is?”

I just hooked a finger on the nearest piece of discarded clothing and lifted it up as eight exhausted female faces popped free of their twisted sleeping knots of bodies.

“That’s Dove’s,” Kitty said.

I closed my eyes and ran my brain-sense around the room. I counted forty one brains and I’m not certain I got all eight. Ten. Wait, I seemed to recall Paula’s being unstable. Lynsey’s too. But I couldn’t find one from another.

The zero was Dove’s, but I felt that climb again to a five when she caught her bra.

“Did we miss breakfast?” Paula slid off the foot of my bed. I grabbed her by the waist until she settled her legs before. She lightly slapped my face and kissed my nose. “Last night was crazy.”

“I know,” I said. “No, it’s the weekend. It’s only 10:30.”

“Visiting hours!” Kitty squealed and tripped over Ira. Avril tried to keep Kitty from faceplanting off my bed. Avril ended up spinning onto the floor.

Avril alone! She’s not yours! I felt the hackles on my neck rise as I squatted down and helped her up to her knees.

“Someone’s sweater’s under the bed,” Avril said. She grabbed a pair of panties, sniffed them, twisted her face, and shoved them in my hand. “Souvenir. I can’t believe how wet I got last night.”

Marie was doing her best to remain covered by the blankets but everyone else was milling around me, looking for whatever clothes they had discarded last night. Vickie kissed me on the cheek. Lynsey hugged me and laid her ear on my chest. I just waited.

Dove was the first one dressed.

“Get your ass in gear, Kit,” the older sister said. “If we can get out of here in ten minutes, I’ll buy you breakfast on the way to see Fox.”

“Can I come with you two?” I asked. “Breakfast is on me.”

“Yeah, I doubt I can afford how much protein you need to restock after last night.” Dove stuck out her tongue at me. She froze and shivered when Ira stepped in and licked the stuck out tongue.

“This was awesome!” Ira stretched, she dropped her arms down around Lynsey and Vickie’s shoulders. “Same time tonight?”

“Pass!” Paula said, holding my shoulder as she tugged a sock on. “I need new hip bones.”

Lynsey flicked her eyes at Vickie and then at Ira. She looked over her shoulder at me. I tried to keep my face neutral. I was smiling like an idiot. Neutral-beaming, my new D&D alignment.

“How about just you and me and Jordan, Ira?” Lynsey asked.

“Sold!” Ira let go of Vickie, who slapped her hands on her hips and glared at Ira. It was a funny look. Vickie had her t-shirt on, but her bra and panties were in her left fist. Her pants dangled down from her right. Lynsey was the opposite, sort of. She had her bottoms on, underwear too, her bra and t-shirt were in her other hand. She dropped them both when Ira dipped Lynsey and forced the kiss.

Marie whistled and then pulled her blankets up over her head. I walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed.

“Marie?”

“I didn’t sleep. I’m not that hungry. I don’t want to walk out in the cold. Let me hibernate here. Just till May or September or whatever.” I patted her arm and kissed the blanket over her ear. I got up.

“If I’m taking you and Kitty, you gotta wear pants,” Dove said. She and Kitty were dressed by the door. Paula was trying to leave but Lynsey had grabbed her.

“No one opens the door until every tit is covered,” Lynsey said, her cheeks were cherry red. Her eyes were angry. She licked her lips and avoided looking at Ira. Ira shrugged, tossed me her panties and zipped up a hoodie over her bare tits.

“Bra?” I asked her.

“Was I even wearing one last night?” she asked. “If you find it, I’m sure I’ll be here soon enough to get it back.”

“Right,” I said. I finally walked over to the provided wardrobe and grabbed fresh boxers, jeans, and a plaid shirt. I was the last dressed. Avril’s, Vickie’s, and Ira’s panties lay on my bed. Paula had made it, but for the blanket cocooning Marie. I’m sure the last pair of panties hanging on the bedpost by Marie’s feet was hers. I picked up her clothes that had ended up on the floor and laid them on my bed.

Dove cleared her throat.

I didn’t fold Marie’s clothes. I hit the light as I was going.

“If you’re here when I get back, awesome. If not, get home safe.”

She murmured and I shut the door. I locked it. I never did that, but there had never been a girl sleeping in my room before.

“Jesus fucking Christ, Jordan!” Wudi, a tall black guy smirked at me walking by. The girls who lived here were disappearing into their rooms. I followed the sisters to the elevator.

Three minds. Dove’s five, Kitty’s three and nine. All seeming at the moment to be spinning counter to the other two. I hated that my geometry metaphor was breaking down. I zipped up my winter coat. I searched my pockets, couldn’t find my gloves, and dug them in deep. Kitty snuggled up and hooked her mittened hand through my right elbow.

“This is what I can do now,” I said.

“You’re gonna need your own place,” Dove said. “Or you can have like some of the girls get a place together and mooch off them.”

“I don’t think that’s the plan,” I said. “What about you? You looking to move out of your parent’s place? You too Kitty.”

“No,” they both said.

I frowned.

“There’s no way in hell we can only have one place,” Dove said. “Besides, I live close enough to come over, fuck you, and save rent. Might as well.”

“And I… I don’t think…” Kitty’s brains were crashing down to ones. I brushed her hair and frowned at her.

“I wanna be your kept woman,” she said, “But I got into… I gotta cancel my college plans!”

“No!” I said sharply.

“What? But I’m yours!”

“And are you someone else’s when I’m not around?” I asked her.

“No, but—”

“We’ll make it work,” I said. “Don’t do something your parents will have to kill me over. Look, I need help. Let’s see if Fox is OK, first. One step at a time.”

“The first step is breakfast,” Dove said.

When we reached her car, Dove forced me to sit in the front and Kitty in the back. Claiming that if Kitty tried to give me head while the car was in motion, something she’d do would cause the car crash that killed forty-one people. Kitty was bouncing and humming in the backseat all of the way up to the diner on Quinpool. We ate, ravenously, of far too quickly prepared eggs and bacon. I wiped up the hot sauce Kitty had spilled in my lap and we backtracked to the hospital.

I hadn’t spent much time in hospitals. My parents were still with us, their parents too. I’d never been injured before I met Kitty. Even then those had been one day outpatients visits. I felt weird, walking through the sterile corridors, holding Kitty’s hand, following Dove’s ticktocking ass. I had two hoods up. Too many nurses and patients and visitors and workers were coming and going.

“You’re here!” Kitty’s dad jumped up and hugged her when we arrived in Fox’s ward. I had to peel Kitty’s fingers out of my hand so she could embrace her father two-handed.

“Hey buddy!” I turned and watched Dove break her hug with Fox. He waved at me. He had a clip on his index finger and a tube under his nose, but otherwise he looked good. He wasn’t wearing some hospital gown but his own t-shirt and pajama pants. “Dad, can I talk to Jordan for a couple of minutes? Girls, go make sure Dad eats something with his coffee.”

“Right,” Dove said. If the dad hadn’t dragged Kitty by the elbow, we wouldn’t have been left alone. More alone. The room was a quad. There were two other men watching TV or playing on their phones the next beds over.

I slipped down my upper hood. It wasn’t so bad. Male brains existed but they weren’t so loud. The door was open. There was traffic in the hallway. I kept my sweater hood up.

“How’s your… brain?” I asked.

“Like thinking through a sponge,” he said, sighing. “I’m on suicide watch. Mom’s on her way back and she’ll be here very soon or Dad wouldn’t have left me alone.”

“You did poison yourself,” I said.

“To be like you. You came here with Dove and Kitty, dude,” he growled at me. His eyes flicked to the doorway. I watched a hot nurse appear a second later, she walked on. His spine softened. I didn’t realize how much that twitched him. “How do you stand it? Girls’ minds, they’re like sharp morningstar heads swinging around wildly!”

“Uh… Not quite,” I said. “I mean, they’re like plates on a stick, spinning crazy, yeah, but they’re fuzzy.”

“I wish,” he said. He looked at me and frowned. “What’s with the hood?”

“It keeps the minds out, not as good as walls and closed doors, but—”

He frowned at me.

“You did have more, didn’t you?” he said. “I just get bashed in the brain when I’m close enough to touch them.”

“Really? You can’t feel the three chicks in the hallway?”

“Three? There should be two nurses at the desk maybe. Unless that’s Mom coming off the elevator,” Fox groaned. “I won’t be able to see all of their thoughts and emotions until they’re much closer.”

“What, like clearly?”

“Pretty clearly,” he answered.

“I get that kind of clarity for flickers, right before I—”

I shut myself up and looked at the door.

“What?”

“Your mom,” I hissed.

“The elevator’s at the end of the hallway. She doesn’t walk fast. You got a minute,” he said.

I frowned. “Sometimes when I’m… overexerting myself, right before I… finish with a girl, I get a glimpse of where and how everything works. Then it all falls out and it’s a mess again.”

“Dude, you came in with my sisters…”

“I could tell you about—”

“You tell me about anyone other than Kitty and I’ll get angry,” he said. “And if you give me details about Kitty, I’ll… Hi Mom!”

“Jesus, Fox! I was about to get some juicy gossip,” she forced a smile as she came in from outside the door.

I frowned. Looking at her through the focus of the hood, ignoring the fuzzy mess around her. There were still the nurses in the hall, but otherwise I could feel two brains. Like Kitty’s excited one and Dove’s kinda dead one.

Genetic?

I forced a smile.

“Hi, Mrs—”

“Petra, Jordan. My name is Petra. If I wanted to be called Mrs anything I’d wouldn’t be teaching at a university,” she frowned. “Your Dad left you alone, Fox?”

“The girls went to make sure he ate something,” I said.

“The girls,” she looked me up and down. “If Kitty breaks your heart, don’t destroy your friendship with Fox.”

“She’s not gonna break my heart,” I said. I could choose not to let that happen.

Petra muttered and nodded. She walked by me and brushed Fox’s hair. “Did you tell your friend what was going on? I’ve found you a therapist. You’re going twice a week.”

“Fine,” Fox said. “Whatever it takes.”

We looked at each other. It’s not like we could explain ourselves to a therapist. In fact, I doubted anyone but me or Fox could understand what we were doing.

“I was trying to. Can I have a few more minutes?”

Petra looked at me. She was like her daughters, though nearing fifty. She dyed her hair a bright platinum blonde and tucked it back in a professional looking bun. That didn’t go with the throw-on comfy clothes she wore to rush to her son in the hospital. I pulled my feelers back from her brain. I wanted her daughters. I liked her husband, Fox’s father.

She walked away. She stopped at the door. “Three minutes.”

“You didn’t do anything to Mom,” Fox said, after a half minute grace period for his mother to disappear in the hallway cloud.

“Why would I?” I said.

“I dunno. I guess I wanted to see how you get close enough to touch a girl like that,” he said. “Though, if you had touched my mom. I’d be super pissed.”

“And vice versa,” I said.

“I don’t have access to your mom,” Fox said.

“Small favors,” I smirked.

“Jesus…” he sighed.

“I tried once,” I said, “To get a girl to go for you. Marie. I really was trying to be a friend then.”

“And yet, the moment she went for you—”

“Dude, she’s Marie…”

He laughed and sighed. “Fucking hell. I wish I could blame you.”

“I’m kinda terrified you’ll find a way,” I said. “Besides the girls. You’re the only friend I got. And now—”

“Now, I can do what you can do?”

“Almost and you’re smarter than me,” I said. “We figure this out and…”

“I’m not sharing a girl with you, buddy,” he said. “You’ve got Dove, Kitty, Lynsey, and Vickie, right?”

“And Paula, Ira, Avril, and… and Marie.”

“Dude!”

“I’m not sharing a girl with you, buddy.”

“Fuck…” he slumped back on the bed. “Well, OK, but you know Jessica?”

“I know several Jessicas,” I frowned. Big bodies and crooked teeth filled my mind. “They’re all yours, buddy.”

“So you don’t know the other cute girl in engineering,” he said.

“I guess we got different math and chem,” I said, being the only classes I shared with engineers.

“Right, mine.” He smirked.

“I hereby bequeath to thee, all Jessicas. Big and small.”

“Um, small,” he said, laughing.

“When do you get out?”

“72 hour hold…” he smirked. “Too bad you can’t be here past visiting hours. There are two really cute nightshift nurses.

“One of them’s a Jessica!” shouted the guy watching TV.

Fox and I were laughing our asses off when Dove returned. I reached out my hand and she took it after switching her coffee to her left. I pulled up my second hood.

“I’m watching,” Fox said, quietly this time. He reached his foot over next to Dove’s hip.

I turned. Dove met my eyes and jumped from her resting zero to a two without effort. I reached in and ramped her up to a three. A four. A five. A six. A sev—

I hard-stopped when Petra came in behind her daughter.

“What’s your sister gonna do if she sees that, Dove?” Petra tapped her lip, smirking at me as she looked up and down. Dove’s the six. Petra’s the two and the eight. Shit. Shit! I twisted and mouthed a “Sorry!” to Fox.

He frowned, confused.

“Hmm,” Petra shook her head at me. “I’m going to go find Stephen.” She poked me in the arm, smiling playfully. “Kitty made those cookies for you, didn’t she? Of course she did.” I was rigid as Petra left. I twisted towards Fox as Petra left the room. Dove grabbed me and kissed me hard.

“Thank fuck I didn’t have to answer her about what Kitty would’ve done,” Dove said. She looked me up and down. She looked at her brother. “There’s gonna be side effects. One girl can’t handle you.”

“What just happened?” Fox asked. “Why was Mom acting like that?”

“He hit the two of us, probably the nurses out there too,” Dove said.

“But…” he frowned. “Anyway, I saw you working Dove, but I have no idea how to work it.”

“And I’m struggling to see much of anything,” I said.

“You guys could team up,” Dove said. “He’s a dorky clairvoyant, he’s a roguish mind controller. They fight crime.”

“Sounds like they are crime!” Nurse-is-a-Jessica old guy shouted. Dove flash-fried red and then went pale. She dropped to her zero.

“Get better,” I said, slapping Fox on the shoulder. “I think we could use each other’s help.”

“I think we might be better friends if we can manage to help ourselves,” he said.

“But we can’t,” I said. “Now, are you gonna be a bitch or a buddy?”

“Prepare for a small amount of bitching, buddy,” he said.

“Good answer!”

“Hey, what’s the other cute nurse’s name?” I shouted back at the eavesdropper.

“Michelle!”

“Dibs on Michelles!” the last guy in the ward chimed in.

We—the other patients, Fox and I but not Dove—were laughing madly when Kitty, Stephen, and Petra returned.

* * *