The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Insight

Chapter Eight

By: Rogue Knave

We were laying buck naked in bed, and our enemies were nearly upon us. I woke Cindy and Jess with a mental command. We had done several practice runs in preparation for just this kind of thing, so they didn’t ask any questions. As we leapt out of the blankets we each grabbed a plastic bag of emergency clothes, kept ready beside the bed, and sprinted for the door. Our remaining cash, about $2,100, was in an envelop on the mantle. I grabbed it, and we ran naked into the night. The intruders were about 600 yards away now. Thankfully, they were moving slowly and cautiously, giving us time to get out of the cabin. In an attempt to buy more time I sent Rambo, who was sleeping by our front door, to intercept the attackers. As we slipped out and ran into the dark, I heard Rambo’s deep roar, followed by screams of fear and pain, and then dozens of gunshots. A few bullets snapped and whined their way angrily through the forest not too far from us.

Stopping just inside the tree line, we shivered and shook as we threw on our clothes. While urging the girls deeper into the woods, I reached out with my mind, searching for Rambo. I found him quickly. He lay on the path some 550 yards from the cabin. His body was riddled with bullets, and he was in great pain.

“NO!” I cried, falling to my knees. “Rambo… No!” Over the previous weeks this noble animal had become a close and loyal friend of mine.

Cindy and Jess both turned and held me tightly. “I’m so sorry, Brian.” Cindy whispered. “He gave his life for us.”

That was cold comfort to me. I knew that it had not been his choice, but rather my command, that sent Rambo to his death. There was no time to lose, but I couldn’t leave Rambo to suffer and die alone. I also knew that the girls would not leave without me. So I reached into their minds and showed them how to get to the backpacks that I had hung in the tree. I followed that up with a mental command to go and wait for me. “I’ll be right behind you,” I said.

The women each gave me another quick hug, and then ghosted off into the night. I could sense them for a while, as they made their way quietly through the forest. Then I turned and snuck down the lane until I was next to Rambo.

His breath came in great ragged gasps. The intruders, realizing that their attempt at stealth had failed, had sprinted the remaining 550 yards to the cabin. They had all the lights on now, and were searching the building. I crawled onto the laneway, placing my hand on Rambo’s head. He looked at me and tried to lick my hand. At that, the tears began to flow freely down my cheeks. I could feel his great pain, and I couldn’t let him suffer anymore. Hugging his head I said, “Goodbye, my friend.” Then I did something that I had pondered, but never attempted before. Entering his head I caused him to fall asleep. Then I dove to the core of his mind, and commanded his heart to stop beating. It worked. Rambo breathed one last shuddering breath, and then relaxed. I held his head in my lap for a moment, but my concern for Jess and Cindy urged me to get moving.

As I laid Rambo’s head gently on the ground, I heard a groan from the other side of his lifeless bulk. I stood quickly, and saw that there were three bodies lying on the path. In my grief, I hadn’t taken the time to search the area carefully. I was pleased to see that Rambo had made a good accounting of himself. Two of the people were clearly dead, but one appeared to be breathing. I hesitated, wondering what to do. Sending my thoughts westward, I found Jess and Cindy. I could sense them only because I had created their shields. They had nearly reached the tree where the backpacks were hidden. I cast a net over their back trail, but couldn’t sense anyone following them.

I made my decision. Crouching down I pulled the unconscious body over my shoulder and then stood up. From the long hair that blew into my face, I concluded that it was a woman. But carrying even her light body through the woods would be difficult, especially in the dark.

There were several large bucks living in the area that would be able to bear her weight more easily than I. Scanning, I found the nearest one and commanded him to meet me in the woods several hundred yards west of the cabin. I had to get moving, I was sure that the intruders would come back to check on this woman soon.

I sent another mental command and, moments later, my little barn owl settled down on my free shoulder. His eyesight enabled me to move silently past the cabin. Fifteen minutes later I rejoined Cindy and Jess at the backpacks. Their eyes widened in surprise at the sight of a body hanging over the back of the large buck.

“Who is that?” Jess asked.

“One of them,” I answered. “I found her lying unconscious on the path.”

“And you brought her with you?!” Cindy asked, her voice rising incredulously.

“I know it’s risky,” I said, “but we need answers, and she might be able to provide them.”

“Let me take a look at her,” Cindy said resignedly, her nurse’s instincts taking over. “Brian, can you put her on the ground? And Jess, can you hold the flashlight for me?”

As I lowered the woman’s body to the ground, I cast my mind back along the path until I reached the cabin. The nodes of numbness that were the attackers’ minds still milled around the cabin, and several were standing a little way down the path, probably checking on their fallen comrades.

Turning my attention back to the woman on the ground, I was able to get my first real look at her. She was of Asian descent, and although it was hard to see the shape of her body through her heavy winter clothes, she looked to be quite tall and thin. I remembered how easily I had lifted her, a feat that is usually quite difficult with an unconscious body. The woman’s face was half covered by long black hair, but what I could see hinted at striking beauty. There were three long, ragged tears that appeared to go right through the front of her parka. Cindy unzipped it and we saw that, although Rambo’s claws had shredded her jacket, the bulletproof vest that she wore underneath had saved the woman’s life. All the same, the force of his blow must have hurt tremendously.

Placing her hand on the woman’s head Cindy closed her eyes and concentrated. “She has a pretty good concussion. She must have hit her head when she fell. But I think that she will be ok… I can’t sense anything else wrong with her,” she said. This ability to sense physical illness and injuries was why many empaths entered medical professions.

I was getting nervous about staying in one place too long, and wanted to put more distance between the invaders and us. There were at least two telepaths in the group; I could feel them searching for us now, using a method quite different from, and in my opinion not nearly as effective as, my net. It was like they were shining mental flashlights around, seeking some trace of our minds. One of them skimmed over our position, and then suddenly snapped back, locking onto our location.

How had they found us? Our minds were shielded! At that same moment Cindy called me, “Brian, you had better look at this.” On the woman’s right hand was a ring with a clear gemstone, identical to the one that the mysterious man in the motel had worn.

Then I realized what I had done wrong, and felt pretty stupid. I had made this same mistake with Jess in the beginning. Our minds were shielded with the mirror shield that I had learned to create in the Abandon club. But I hadn’t shielded the mind of the unconscious woman.

I attempted to dive into her mind, but rebounded off a strong shield. I could sense her mind, but I couldn’t enter it. No matter, I would deal with this later, now we need to move, and quickly. I placed a mirror shield around the woman’s own shield and tested it. Her presence had disappeared from my mind’s eye. Good.

“They are coming,” I said. “We need to move. Before hoisting the woman back onto the buck’s back I removed her gemstone and put in my pocket. We picked up our backpacks and headed into the night.

The flashlights were a serious liability, so I reached out and found two more owls. I called to them, commanding them to land on Cindy and Jess’s arms. Then I made a connection between each woman’s mind and that of their owl. They proclaimed in wonder, as they were suddenly able to see clearly in the dark woods. “It is a bit less confusing if you close your own eyes,” I suggested.

Casting my mind back toward the cabin, I sensed that most of our attackers had begun moving quickly through the forest towards where we had been when they sensed the woman’s mind. Three or four more went back up the trail to where our van was hidden, presumably to ambush us if we tried to use it to escape. I decided to circle around to the north, and then head back to the east until we found the road. Following the dirt road would be much easier than bush whacking. And with any luck, these people hadn’t thought to guard their own vehicles. It took us nearly a half hour to reach the road, but we were quickly distancing ourselves from the intruders, who were searching the forest near where they had last sensed us. Thankfully it hadn’t snowed, that would have made tracking us very easy.

Turning to our left we moved quickly down the road. I wasn’t concerned about being stealthy, since I couldn’t sense any shielded minds anywhere near us. We only walked for about two or three minutes before we stumbled on two vans, parked side by side so as to completely block the road. I checked them both, but the drivers had taken the keys with them, and I had no idea how to hotwire a vehicle. As I turned to talk to Cindy and Jess I saw a tall, dark figure separate itself from the forest and walk towards us. Before I even had a chance to warn the ladies the figure spoke reassuringly, and I realized that it was the man from my vision in the hotel room. “I thought you might come here. You always seem to do the unexpected, so this time I planned for it.” He said, chuckling quietly.

“Why can’t I sense your mind?” I asked him curiously, feeling a bit perturbed.

“I’m using that little shield trick you came up with.” He answered. “I only use it when I want to hide myself from the others. Now I’ve learned a second useful trick from you. I had never thought of using an owl’s night vision,” he commented, amusement ringing in his voice. “What have you got there?” The man asked, gesturing towards the woman who lay across the buck’s back.

“I found her injured on the road,” I answered. “We thought that she might be able to answer some of our questions.”

Stepping closer the man lifted the woman’s head. “Have you removed her ring?” he asked quickly.

“Yes, I have it here,” I answered.

“Good, she will be able to teach you a lot, but be careful; she is a vicious one, that one. Here,” said the man, extending another ring with a clear crystal. “This is an unbound crystal. You can figure out what it is and how to use it from her,” he nodded his head towards the woman’s limp form. “I need to get back before they notice that I am missing, and you need to get as far ahead of us as you can.”

“Thanks,” I said. “You’ve saved our lives at least twice now, and I don’t even know your name.”

The man smiled warmly and said, “You can call me William. Now, go.” William turned to leave, but I stopped him. “Why don’t you come with us? We could really use your help,” I urged.

William hesitated for a moment, seeming to be having some sort of internal debate. Finally he appeared to reach a decision and he looked me directly in the eyes. “I would love to come with you,” he said. “But I cannot. In the hotel you asked me why I work for these people. The truth is, I don’t have a choice. They have implanted explosive GPS chips in the minds of my son and granddaughter. I attempted to resist them in the beginning,” now his voice began to waver with emotion, “and they executed my wife for my rebellion. I cannot lose my son and granddaughter as well. I hope that you can manage to find a way to help me.”

This revelation made me realize that running and hiding would not be enough. These people were less than human, and they had to be stopped. I didn’t know how to do this, though, and until I could figure it out we had to evade their grasp.

When he finished speaking, William squeezed my shoulder firmly, turned, and strode resolutely back into the forest. We quickly searched the two vehicles for anything usable. There was little of use, aside from a couple of emergency blankets. We draped them over the unconscious woman’s body to keep her from going hypothermic. Cindy suggested that we release the air from the van’s tires, and then we too headed off into the woods.

As we stepped back into the woods I felt something shoot across my mental net. Startled, I stopped dead in my tracks. What had that been? It seemed to have originated in our exact location, and had zipped westward toward the cabin, and our pursuers. Sending my mind back in their direction I realized that our attackers had all begun moving toward us. We were still far ahead of them, but what concerned me the most was how they had managed to discern where we were.

Turning, I looked at the body of the woman who hung on the buck’s back. Could she be awake? Had she sent some kind of signal to her fellow attackers? I approached her and tried to enter her mind, but her shield was too strong, and I didn’t have time to figure out a way through it. I spoke into Cindy’s mind. “Can your ability tell you if a person is awake or not?” I asked mentally. “Yes,” she replied. “Check on our captive, I think that she may be feigning unconsciousness.” I told her.

Cindy walked over and put her hand on the woman’s head. She seemed to barely touch her before she looked at me and nodded her head. Damn. The woman was awake. And I was sure that she had sent out some kind of signal. I didn’t have time to try breaking through the woman’s shield. How should I deal with this?

While I was furiously trying to come up with a solution, Cindy calmly dug through her backpack, opened a bottle of chloroform, and held it firmly under the woman’s nose. The woman stiffened for a second and then went limp again. Excellent! As long as we doused her regularly we could remain undetected.

We would have made much better time had we followed the road, but we decided that it was too risky to be out in the open with our enemies so close behind us. The owls allowed us to see clearly, so we made quick progress through the dark woods, heading steadily north. I figured that sooner or later we would stumble on a road.

We stopped regularly to check our prisoner, and to give her a fresh dose of chloroform. As we walked, I frequently cast my mind over our back trail. Our pursuers were definitely following us. But their pace was much slower than our own. I pondered what I would do if I were trying to track someone at night in the forest. I would enthrall an animal of some kind to track with, a fox or coyote, or maybe a bear if I could find one. Well, I could make tracking us a miserable task.

As we walked, I spread out my net and searched for any kind of animal that would be useful; bears, coyotes, foxes, even a couple of badgers and lots of deer and elk. I gave all of them the same command: attack anyone that followed our path from now until the sun went down at the end of the day. That should slow down the pursuit! I didn’t want to make the command permanent, since that could result in innocent people being attacked in the future.

We walked for another hour before the sun rose. The adrenaline had worn off, and we were all beginning to feel a bit tired. I dismissed the owls with a command to stay close to us and searched for four large bull elk. One by one they came walking up and stood patiently, awaiting further instruction.

I was concerned about our prisoner. We had kept her unconscious for a while now. But I didn’t feel that we could stop for very long. We ate some energy bars, and chased them down with ice-cold water from our bottles. I dismissed the white tail buck, and tied the woman onto one of the much larger elk. Then I had the remaining animals crouch down, as I had seen camels do, so that we could get on their backs. Their large antlers made great handholds, and soon we were off again. I searched our back trail constantly throughout the morning, but never caught even a hint of pursuit.

We made great time riding the large animals, but it wasn’t long before we all started to feel sore and chaffed. Around mid-morning I dismissed two of the elk, keeping the other two, one to carry the unconscious woman, and the other to carry our backpacks. At noon we stopped for a quick meal and a break. Then we continued on.

It was probably around 3 pm when we first heard the sound of a helicopter, somewhere west of us. A while later we heard a second one behind us, to the southeast. Seriously?! I thought to myself. Helicopters? Who the hell were these people?

We must have made better time than they expected, because they were searching well behind us. But I was concerned that one might decide to loop out further, and somehow stumble upon us. The only way we could be certain to escape detection was to buckle down where the forest was very thick, and wait for dark.

We needed to rest anyway, and I wanted to check on the woman who we had kept unconscious nearly all day by giving her repeated doses of the knockout gas. Cindy monitored her carefully, but that much chloroform couldn’t be healthy.

There was a stream nearby, and the woods around it were thick with pine trees. When the woman’s elk knelt down, we untied her, and laid her on the soft pine needles that covered the ground. I studied her unconscious form. The shield that she had placed around her own mind was strong. I realized, then, that the shield I had placed on her only kept people out of her head, but hadn’t kept her in. So I experimented with a third shield, this one similar to the mirror shield but reversed so that the woman would not be able to reach out with her ability. Then I set to work trying to break through her strongly constructed shield.

While I concentrated on this task Jess and Cindy rested. It was nearly twenty minutes before I discovered small, one-way doors hidden in the shield. They resembled the one-way valves that plumbers use to allow water to flow one direction, but not the other. These doors were sealed shut, but they seemed more vulnerable than the rest of her shield. After creating the inverted shield around the woman’s mind I had decided not to give her any further doses of knockout gas. So, as I discovered the one-way doors in her shield, she finally stirred and sat up groggily.

The woman slowly took in her surroundings, groaning and holding her head between her hands. Then she must have attempted to reach out with her mind, because a startled expression flashed across her face and then turned into a look of fear. Her eyes snapped to mine and she said, “What have you done to me? Why can’t I use my ability?” Turning her attention to her hand, she noticed that the ring was missing. “Did you place hematite on me?” she asked.

She had only spoken a few words, and already I had learned something from her. Apparently hematite not only shielded other people’s minds but also blocked a telepath’s ability. “Tell me about your gemstone ring.” I said. The woman’s eyes grew wary and her jaw set firmly. It appeared that if I was going to learn any more from this woman I would need to breach her shield.

Focusing on one the trap doors in her shield I picked gently at it with my mind for several minutes. I didn’t make any headway, but the woman seemed to sense what I was doing, and became increasingly agitated. However, she still refused to speak. I decided to be a bit more aggressive in my attack. Rounding my probe into a blunt point, like a chisel, I smashed at the little door with as much strength as I could muster.

The woman gasped as the blow landed on her shield, and the little door cracked and weakened, but didn’t break. Terror and horror washed over her face. “Tha… that’s impossible!” she said. I didn’t answer. Instead, I repeated the attack, and the door shattered, allowing me a little gap through the shield and into the woman’s mind. I withdrew my probe and attempted to enter her mind. But before I could do so the woman repaired the hole in her shield. I broke through again, and again she managed to repair the hole before I could place any mental commands. The woman was taking deep, ragged gasps, and trembled all over in fear. I thought for a minute. How could I get into her mind before she repaired the shield?

What I needed was a way to keep the hole open after breaking through. Maybe if I created a hollow tube inside my chisel-like probe… making the adjustment, I turned my attention to another of the trap doors in her shield. Two solid blows were enough for me to get through. This time, however, I didn’t remove my probe, but instead left it in place. The woman repaired her shield in a fraction of a second, just as she had before. But this time, with my probe still in place, the shield reformed around it. Before she could figure out what I had done, I dove through the hollow core of the probe, like liquid through a straw, and found myself in her mind.