The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: The Farm’s Treasure

(MD, MF, BE)

Chapter III: Discoveries and Changes

Gregory Michelson

When Hank woke up, he could hear the rain pattering on the roof.

“Wonderful,” Alicia muttered. “Gonna be a cold shower.”

“I think the farm also had a wood-fired boiler, in addition to the solar. I’ll check.” Hank rolled out of bed, the floor cool on his feet, as Alicia watched him, her trim form wrapped in a blanket.

“Well, I’m not going out there until I know we’re getting some warmth,” Alicia said. “Big man, great hunter, find heat!”

“I’ll see,” Hank said.

He pulled his clothes on and headed out to the first floor. The windows at the far end of the hall were dim, the clouds occluding the early-morning sun, and the sound of rain was louder.

That’s not just a drizzle. Shit. He headed to the stairs, walking down into the front room, where the blocked off windows made him hit his LED flashlight. The rain was louder here, smacking against the front. He opened the front doors and…

Stared out into a curtain of rain, the van barely visible.

What the fuck? The weatherman hadn’t forecast this.

“Great,” Hank muttered. They’d have to stay up here until the storm abated.

He turned back to head for the boiler, set out behind the building, in a little outbuilding.

Smart move, given how many coal or wood-fired boilers had ended up with the house burning down, or killing everyone from carbon monoxide poisoning. Heading for the outbuilding, Hank paused. There was a…

Glow, like a bunch of fireflies, coming from the grove?

He shook his head. Heat first.

Hank had Melissa’s keys, and this lock wasn’t rusted, fortunately. He jiggled it for a few moments, then it opened, letting him into the outbuilding, the air drier than the outside.

Good news, no leaks, and hopefully, everything isn’t rusted solid. Hank walked in, shining the flashlight around. There was… okay, not as primitive as he’d feared. The boiler looked like it was coal fired, but there was a pump set off from it.

So you don’t just get heated water, but the boiler also drives a pump for the hot water line.

Whoever made this place liked his gadgets.

There was coal, not wood, but coal in the bin, and some kindling blocks, so it didn’t take long to get the fire running. The instructions pinned to the wall mentioned that it’d run on a single hopper load for most of the day, and if you didn’t use it all up, the water would remain warm for the night.

Still, if they’re gonna sell this place, I think it’s gonna need something better. But it’d be the better part of an hour before they had warm water. So, it was time to figure out how long they’d be here.

Hank wasn’t about to try that “driveway” in a storm like this.

When he got out the rain was coming down even harder, a few rumbles of thunder echoing through the sky. Holding his hands above his head in a fruitless attempt to ward off the rain, he headed inside.

Alicia and Melissa were both standing, the older woman holding an umbrella.

“You could have taken this,” she said. “I’m gonna go check the seed.”

Hank rolled his eyes. “Melissa, that seed isn’t going to sprout overnight. I need to get the radio in the van to see how long this is going to last.”

“We’ve got food!” Melissa said. “I checked the pantry and there’s canned food in it.”

“How much and how old.”

“Only a year.”

“Really?”

“Sometimes during the winter the region gets snowed in,” Melissa said. “There’s a law that every house has to have a reserve of food and I guess the real estate agency just stuck the stuff in here.”

“What kind of food.”

“Canned beans, soup, that kind of stuff.”

Hank rolled his eyes. “Lovely. Well, we’ve got our own food along with us, so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

Shaking his head, he headed out to the van, as Melissa vanished around the corner, heading for the back.

She could have gone through the house—of, course, Melissa.

When Hank got into the van, he was soaked, and the radio was full of static.

“Well, it’s STORMWATCH!” the chipper announcer said. “Looks like that storm jagged left when we thought it was going to go right, and now we’re looking at about four inches of rain over the next three days!”

Hank sighed and glanced out of the front of the van. The driveway was already a little river, and he could only imagine what the rest of it looked like. There had been storms like this before, and it hadn’t washed out, so…

It will probably be passable after the storm, but right now… nope. We’re stuck here.

He got up and closed the door to the van, his shoes squelching in the much when he heard Melissa shouting.

Now what! Hopefully, she hadn’t slipped and hurt herself.

But when Hank came running around the side of the building, Melissa was standing and pointing, one hand holding her umbrella over her head. “Look! Tree! Plant!” she said.

“Uh… What?” Wendy asked as she and Carla came out, followed by Alicia.

“The plant! I planted!” Melissa said, waving her free hand at the mostly obscured grove. “C’mon!” and then she ran out, feet splashing in the gathering pools of water.

Hank look at Alicia, who shrugged. Wendy shook her head. “I’m not going to catch a cold saving the crazy landlady. Carla and I are staying here.”

Alicia followed Hank as they ventured back into the cold rain.

“See!” Melissa shouted. “Look!”

Hank stopped, Alicia smacking into his back.

“Hank!” she said. “What the… What the fuck is that?” she asked.

* * *

“That” was a tree. A tree that hadn’t been there yesterday. Hank stared at it. It looked sort of like an apple tree, little white blossoms lending a little brightness to the dingy day but, an intoxicating scent filling the air.

Still.

What the fuck. Plants didn’t grow that fast.

But there is was, and there was already fruit hanging from the branches. Red apples, that were just shining in the overcast light.

Which was weird and—

“Melissa, maybe you shouldn’t—and she did.” Hank stared at the landlady as she happily at a single fruit she’d pulled off of the street, juices running down from the corners of her mouth and dripping off of her chin.

“Omigod!” she said. “This tastes so good!”

“Yeah, the fruit that just appeared tastes good,” Hank said. “And it didn’t poison you.”

“Oh, it tastes good” Melissa said. “Wanna have some?”

“No…” Alicia said. “Not right now.” She stood up on her tiptoes and whispered to Hank. “What did that tree come from?”

“Hell if I know!” Hank sighed. “Okay, first thing, Melissa don’t eat… any more.”

Melissa stared at the tree then nodded. “Okay, I’ll just pick ’em.”

“What? It’s raining!”

“It’ll be fun!” She giggled.

Even for Melissa, that’s a bit airheady.

“Right,” Hank finally said. “Put them in a bucket, and don’t eat them.”

“Awww…” Melissa pouted, and boy, she was airheady.

“I’m gonna see if I can get the computer running.”

“The one with no power.” Alicia glanced at the house.

“Well, it had to have power somehow,” Hank gestured at the boiler outbuilding, smoke rising from the chimney. “I bet he had some way of powering it. If not, I’ll hunt around to see if anything got written down.”

But I doubt it. Anything like that probably would have been grabbed, but who cares about an obsolete computer.

Meanwhile, Melissa was twirling around, hopping up to get the last fruits.

“Wanna bet it’s some kind of drug?” Alicia asked.

“Maybe, but keep a watch on her.”

“Sure.”

With that, Hank turned to head for the house. Time to see if I can get that computer working—before Melissa does something stupid.

Stupider. He blinked. Does Melissa look a little… bouncier? No, it was just the fact that her clothes were wet and sticking to her breasts.

* * *

The computer was old. Hank took the casing apart and frowned. Not a lot of dust, which was good, but it was old, and he didn’t know if the hard drive still worked. If the drive was fucked, then the whole thing was fucked.

That presumes there’s a way to power it. Hank checked around and followed the power cord to an odd outlet on the wall.

Not part of the house. Something was added later. But the line… Hank looked up and tracked it to where it went through the wall. He frowned. Is it in a closet? Batteries? Hank left the room with the computer and walked to the side where the wire had vanished. There was no door there, but… he walked down to the next door and stuck his head in. An empty closet but…

It’s smaller than it should be.

Okay.

Hank started running his hands over the wall, and… There. There was a seam. He ran his fingers over to the far side and touched the cleverly disguised hinges.

“Right, so this side is where the hinges are, and…” Hank touched the other side, running his fingers over it. There wasn’t a latch or a handle.

But…

There was a little plate, and when Hank pushed down on it, it clicked, and suddenly the door sank back into the wall.

Hank frowned, then pushed it to the side, and it slid into a recess.

“Sliding door, smart.” I wonder if it was to hide this, and if so why… He looked inside the little chamber. There was… Okay, there was some complex shit that Hank didn’t understand, but there was also a little booklet. Someone left a friendly manual.

“My thermocouple systems…” Hank read it and chuckled. There were solar panels on the ceiling for this unit, but he also used a thermocouple battery. Right now, it was generating energy because of the temperature difference. “You are one mad scientist,” he murmured.

There was a little switch to link the batteries to the cable. There was also a little map of small outlets they’d missed, leading to LED lights in the rooms. Not super bright, but not dark.

Huh. Wonder why he didn’t go for more power. Maybe he didn’t want to rewire the house? If Melissa wanted to sell this place, she was gonna have to do that. Still… Hank flipped the switch, and several lights came up green. Outside in the room a cheery light blazed. Hank shook his head. A set of little readouts on the wall informed him that right now, they were using less energy than the thermocouple was generating. Well, we don’t have to worry about running out of power.

Leaving the room, Hank went back to the computer room and, staring at the machine for a moment, nodded and then flipped the power switch.

Here we go.

Moments later, the screen came on, proving that the computer…worked. Hank stared at the introduction.

Windows 3.1, what the hell is that? Still, the interface was understandable. There were folders and, under them, labels.

House plans… Hank opened it to see maps. The house was labeled, and behind it, there was another structure, the barn.

Haven’t been in the barn yet. But that would wait. Hank clicked those images closed.

Now, there were other files. Mostly payments, plans…

“Huh, he was gonna buy a nightclub? That’s kinda odd.”

And then there was a file: Aphrodite’s seeds.

“Right, time to find out about the tree.” Hank clicked on it. Moments later, a few lines of text came up. “Really? That’s it?”

Better than nothing.

“The seeds are my gift to man, but remember, every herd needs a bull.”

Then, there were notes about the growing conditions, talking about the extraordinary speed the fruit grew at and how healthy it was.

“But beware, you’ll be eating—and changing— a lot.”

That was it. Nothing more.

Great. Hank shook his head. He should—

“Hank?” Alicia poked her head in the door.

“Yeah?”

“Dinner’s ready. Also, Melissa wants to try the fruit.”

Okay, he says it’s healthy. Why the hell not?

“Fine.”

Hank turned the computer off and left the room.

* * *