The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Disclaimer:

  1. The following story contains explicit sex scenes that involve non-consensual sex, incest, bondage, domination, mind-control, as well as several other forms of sexual fetishism that some readers may find controversial to their taste. It is not meant for readers below the age of 18 (or 21, whatever the legal age is in your country).
  2. The author expressly states that none of the actions or activities told herein and in succeeding chapters should ever be attempted in real life situations. Any individual who wishes to attempt any of the scenes in the story is strongly advised to seek medical attention and psychiatric evaluation.
  3. Though the author uses several names of actual persons, living or otherwise, in many cases they are meant to only serve as a means of comparison to help in defining the physical characteristics of a character, and are NOT intended to suggest that the characters in the story are, in actuality, representations of the real-life people mentioned, save for a few exceptions. In any case, NO LIVING PERSON is depicted in this story.
  4. This story is copyrighted. Any individual wishing to redistribute, post or forward the story to other individuals is welcome to do so following my approval, and on the conditions that the text of the story remains unchanged, proper credit is given to the author (specifically The Infinity Man), and that no profit is to be made from it. If all criteria are met, said individual must have EXPRESS WRITTEN consent from the author first.

Author’s Note: Constructive criticism is always welcome, as are suggestions to the development of the succeeding chapters. I do not guarantee that any feedback will be included in the story, but proper credit for any contributions will be given if it is.

THE CHESS GAME

By The Infinity Man

CHAPTER XIX—ASCENSION

Five days later

The Ghost Town of San Carenza, near Roswell, New Mexico

This was weird.

Matthew stepped out of the limousine, followed by Kimberly and Angel. Matthew was wearing a sleek, black, two-button, single-breasted, Italian suit, with a light blue undershirt and a black tie. He stretched out his neck as he stepped forward, taking off his designer shades as he did so. Slowly, he began to scan the area. Little had changed since he had last been here…except for the fact that he wasn’t placed under arrest. The buildings were pretty much the same. Broken down, scarred, and burnt.

Kimberly, wearing a sharp white suit and matching white pumps, did the same. Her attire would have probably passed off as decent office attire were it not for the short skirt, the hemline of which ended well above the knees but surely not enough to actually reveal anything.

The redhead was also lost in a bit of nostalgia. This was where she had first met her Master, this was where he liberated her of all her inhibitions, of all her limits. This was where Matthew first made her…well, if didn’t keep rubbing her legs together and stealing glances at Matthew and imagining he was plunging his member into her, this would be where her next orgasm would be as well.

As if reading her thoughts, Matthew looked back at her. Kimberly gasped a bit, unsure whether Matthew would dare say her full first name again. It was a fine suit she was wearing, after all, and she had even gone through the trouble of wearing panties (after all, the desert sand was not something she wanted flying up into her exposed cracks).

Matthew decided against it, though.

Angel stepped forward, dressed in the ‘outdoor’ maid’s uniform, which didn’t expose any tits and had a skirt that ended at the knees so as not to expose her pussy or her bum. Despite that, she looked rather sexy nevertheless.

“Are you alright, Master?” Angel asked, the concern in her voice apparent.

Matthew smiled and took in a deep breath. “Yes, my little Latina slut, I’m fine.”

Angel beamed at being called a slut.

Down the road, Matthew spotted a few other limousines parked in a row in front of the old church. He started walking towards it, Kimberly and Angel following.

As they approached, they saw Sharon and Marielle standing at the top of the steps, pretty much in the same spot Kimberly had found Matthew sitting in one month ago. They both wore blue cloaks.

“Wait here,” Matthew said to Kimberly and Angel.

They nodded.

Matthew climbed the steps and greeted Sharon and Marielle. Sharon smiled and handed him a black cloak. “Just like old times, huh?” Matthew said as he donned the cloak and placed the hood over his head. Sharon simply smiled, wiping away a single tear of joy from her face.

Marielle and Sharon led him into the dilapidated church. The blood was gone, but the stone altar was still there, broken. Surrounding it was a complicated mass of runic symbols and writings that had been drawn across the church floor. Four people in cloaks stood around the altar.

Gerard Winters, Lu-Makate Gutambo, Madame Anni Li, and Natalya Zerapova all turned to Matthew as he entered, then approached to shake his hand one by one.

“Are you ready to begin?” Gerard asked, as Sharon and Marielle lit the candles that had been lined up across the floor.

“Ready as I’ll ever be…” Matthew said.

“Good,” Gerard said as the last candles were lit. “This is similar to an Anointing Ritual, but fortunately, no more blood-drinking and stuff like that,” Gerard joked, and they laughed together.

“Take your place upon the altar…” Gerard said, gesturing towards the stone table. “Just stand on it, we’ll handle the rest.”

Three other figures emerged from the back of the church, all of them wearing blue hoods. Matthew looked at them quizzically. Gerard smiled. “The Ascension ritual is very powerful, and it requires the help of at least one Vassal per Ascended One that attempts it to serve as a sort of backup power source.”

Matthew nodded in understanding, then clambered over the stone altar. As he stood straight, he saw what the runic symbols looked like.

The altar was surrounded by a simple white circle, which irradiated rays to make it appear similar to a wheel with ten spokes. In between the rays were weird writings that appeared unlike any written word that mortals knew. Finally the outermost circle was surrounded by similar writings, and the point of each spoke ended in a small circle with a large runic symbol carved into the stone floor, fairly similar to the Anointing circle that Matthew had once stood in not so long ago. Gerard took his place in one such circle, and the other Ascended did as well. Marielle and Sharon took a spot behind Gerard, while the other hooded figures in blue robes took respective positions behind the others. From the corner of his eye, Matthew could clearly see that the hooded figure behind Lu-Makate was his wife, Amalia. He could not see who stood behind Madame Li or Zerapova, as they were behind him.

“NOW!” Gerard yelled.

They closed their eyes, and Matthew felt time itself slow down. Unlike the Anointing, which started with a cool breeze, the Ascension felt like a warm wave of power, rising from beneath.

Matthew could feel the earth start to shake, as the runic symbols beneath him began to glow. Chanting began all around him, as Gerard and the other Ascended began to speak in tongues and build to a crescendo. The symbols on the ground began to glow white hot, getting brighter and brighter.

Matthew could feel something, something seeping into his veins. He looked at his arms, and he could swear he could see his superficial veins glowing. It burned, but it didn’t hurt.

Light began to pour forth from Gerard’s eyes as well as from the other Ascended. It started to come out of their mouths as well as they chanted, growing louder and louder. Nearby, one of the remaining stained glass windows shattered. Matthew understood why Gerard wanted to perform the ritual outdoors. Another window shattered.

The Matthew saw the Vassals raise their hands, as if to catch their Masters should they fall. Without warning the runic symbols beneath the feet of the Ascended blasted upwards with a burning light, enshrouding them in such sheer brilliance it was difficult to see. And then he saw a faint blue glow emanating from the hands of the Vassals, and then small arcs of electricity began to jump from their hands to the Ascended Ones they stood behind.

They stepped forward and placed their hands on each of their Ascended One’s shoulders, and then the electricity began to flow freely across the ritual circle.

When their chanting grew at its loudest, a bright light suddenly shot from each of their hands, piercing right through Matthew’s body. He suddenly began to feel extraordinarily light, and then he realized he was now floating above the altar. The ground shook, and clouds overhead seemed to whirl around the spot in the sky directly above him.

Lightning traveled the Ascended and then shot into Matthew and then into the sky.

Then, a bright hot light shot forth from beneath Matthew, encasing him in a powerful glow that defied all imagination, shooting straight upwards into the sky in a powerful ray of light. The clouds above suddenly parted as the light passed through, and it appeared as though the immense column of energy were piercing through the sky like a streaking bullet. The candles began to bellow forth flame and heat, as if each were a miniature flamethrower, spitting out a violent column of fire upwards.

From the outside, Kim and Angel saw the light blast upwards from the chapel, piercing through the clouds. For miles around people pointed towards the ray of light that had come out of nowhere, thinking somehow the Apocalypse was nigh.

And then, the light began to fade, slowly but surely.

Matthew descended. The stone altar beneath him was gone. The runes that were drawn on the chapel floor ignited into a small flame, and Matthew saw the Ascended kneeling in their respective spots.

The ritual was over.

“Something is wrong,” Natalya said in her Russian accent, “I feel so incredibly weak.” Her Vassal stood behind her and helped her up.

“Yes, when we first Ascended, we felt stronger, not weaker…” Anni Li added.

Lu-Makate was panting, but looked at Gerard for an explanation.

Gerard himself appeared fairly winded. They were right. It certainly didn’t feel like the Ascension ritual they underwent when they first founded the Order of Kings. “Perhaps it is because we aren’t complete…maybe it’s because we’ve been weakened from all these deaths. Matthew!”

“Yes?”

“How do you feel?” Gerard asked.

“Not much different…” Matthew said, “but certainly not weaker.”

Gerard nodded. “Perhaps the Ascension ritual was not completed. If you don’t mind, would you please take a look at your card…”

Matthew pulled it out of his pocket. The black card with the golden chess piece. The symbol of the king was glowing.

“What does that mean?” Matthew asked.

“It means,” Gerard smiled, “that it worked.”

“Then…”

“Yes, welcome to the Order of Kings, Matthew Freeman. You are now the Black King.” Gerard said proudly.

* * *

Though it remained a mystery why it was they felt so weak, they nevertheless congratulated Matthew on a job well done once more and on his rise to the seat of the Black King of the Order. Lu-Makate and his wife wished him luck, while Anni Li gave his ass a good, firm squeeze. Natalya, cold as ever, simply bowed. They then left him to discuss other things.

Gerard approached Matthew and shook his hand before he left. “Nice to finally have you with us, son. I knew that this would be your destiny, I knew it,” Gerard said.

“It’s great,” Matthew said, looking at his hands. “Why do you suppose everyone felt weaker when I Ascended?”

Gerard shrugged. “Who knows? It may have something to do with the fact that two members of the Order of Kings that still live didn’t participate…Narisa and Arnold.”

Matthew nodded. It seemed logical. Then he asked, “What do you plan to do about Arnold?”

Gerard’s brow furled. The truthful answer would have been that he didn’t know what to do. “Well, it’s still unclear as to where he’s run off to. My people in London haven’t found a single clue as to where he may have gone. Right now, he’s still a conceivable threat.”

“Shouldn’t we spend our resources looking for him?”

Gerard smiled. “You need to live life a little. Enjoy the Power you’ve got. I, on the other hand, have business to attend to back in New York.”

“You mean Global Gauntlet’s merger with Freedom Corporation?”

“How did you know?”

“Marielle, she mentioned it at the party.”

“Ah, of course. Well, yes, that is paramount. What with the recent fiasco at Alpha Agency I’m planning to leave Global Gauntlet Enterprises permanently and start a new life somewhere else. It’s time to move on, you know.”

“I understand.”

“Gerard!” Lu-Makate called. “Let’s begin.”

“Begin what?” Matthew asked.

Gerard smiled. “Why, our first meeting with you in the Order, of course.”

They gathered around the circle, and Gerard pointed to a spot for Matthew to stand.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” Gerard said, “let me first officially welcome our new Ascended in Matthew Freeman.”

“WELCOME!” the said together.

“Our first order of business,” Gerard said, “is Narisa Leone. As one of the traitors, she was thankfully neutralized by the Black King before she could do any further harm. However, her very existence is still a threat to us. For so long as she remains alive and in the hands of ordinary civilians, it is unclear what she might reveal should some unforeseen event occur. I vote we seize her from the hospital and transfer her to some secret location…any suggestions?”

“My people can look after her,” Anni Li offered, “I can make sure she disappears within the next three days. No one will find her in China.”

“Excellent,” Gerard said, “make it so.” Madame Li nodded. “Our second order of business,” Gerard continued, “is how we are to find Pandragore. I have told young Matthew here that his exemplary work has awarded him some rest. I propose we assign a new group of knights to find him.”

The others began to whisper and talk amongst themselves.

“Who will lead them?” Natalya asked finally.

“I have prepared a list,” Gerard said, snapping his fingers. A figure in a blue hood approached. The hood lifted slightly and Matthew saw that the other figure had been Marielle…the mole under her right eye gave her away. In truth, it gave away much more than that.

Marielle smiled as she handed a rolled up scroll to Gerard. With everyone’s attention focused on Gerard, not one of them noticed that Matthew had pulled out his gun.

Faster than any of the Ascended could react he pointed it in Gerard’s direction...

…and fired.

BANG!!! Lightning crackled. The flash of light was intense, and the shockwave nearly knocked the Ascended off their feet. Matthew’s power had been multiplied exponentially as the blast rocked the area, all of them having to take back three or four steps as they felt the force of his attack hit them in the chest as if they had been punched. The intense heat and light produced by the lightning-enchanted bullet was no help either, as it took some time for them to regain their bearings, blinded as they were.

But when the smoke cleared, the Ascended Ones were all looking at Matthew, who still held the smoking gun in his hand. A smile was across his face. The other Vassals quickly stood between Matthew and their respective Masters, shielding them in case he decided to attack them. But it was too late, Matthew had hit his target. Gerard was not moving.

Was he dead? Matthew had shot him…

…no, Gerard realized. No, he was still alive. Paralyzed in shock, he simply stared at Matthew, and then his gaze shifted to Marielle, who lay some ten feet away, knocked clear off her feet by Matthew’s gunshot. Badly scorched, it was clear that the shot was intended to kill.

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?!” Gerard screamed.

His hand erupted in flame, threatening to let loose an inferno against Matthew. But then he saw Matthew’s eyes…those cold, calculating eyes that resurfaced whenever Matthew was getting serious. They were fixed on the remains of Marielle. Gerard suddenly realized that whatever this was, it was no accident that Marielle was dead. Matthew couldn’t have missed, not at this range. He had intended to kill her; but why?

Sharon came running, and she held her master’s hand to stop him in case he decided to attack. “NO! Master, look!!!” she screamed.

Gerard’s gaze traveled back to Marielle, who shifted slowly. She was alive! There was no way! Gerard took a step towards her, his arm still ablaze, cautiously wondering what in Fallenkind’s name was going on. Natalya, Anni, and Lu held back, unable to decide as to what to do and unsure as to what would come next.

Matthew would answer for them. As Gerard began to take a second step towards her, another shot came ringing. BANG!!! Matthew had fired again, this time striking Marielle in the knee, causing her to cry out in pain, burning her badly.

Gerard backed off in surprise, and angrily looked at Matthew.

Then, he heard Marielle laugh…a laugh that was…familiar.

All too familiar.

“You bastard,” she spoke, her voice becoming deeper. “You knew! How the bloody hell did you know?” she said again, her voice filled with rage. And even with her face badly burned, Gerard could clearly see the look of hate on her face.

Matthew smiled. “The next time you take someone’s place, Pandragore, you should use the actual photo, not the negative…”

Gerard anger abated, and he shot Matthew a puzzled look. Matthew kept his eyes trained on Marielle. He took a moment to make eye contact with Gerard, and made slight nod towards his fallen Vassal.

“Marielle’s mole is underneath her left eye, not her right,” Matthew said, smiling.

Gerard’s eyes flew wide open. He took a closer look at Marielle…Matthew was right. The mole was on the wrong side…it wasn’t her!

“Well, you think you’re so clever, don’t you?” Marielle said. Her voice had changed. Deeper and full of spite, it was unmistakably a man’s voice, and a British accent became apparent. Suddenly her form began to shift like gel, pulsating and changing until finally.

Matthew had seen this before. He had felt it before. Undulating into a formless mass of flesh and hair, until finally Marielle was gone, and in her place was Arnold Cunningham…badly scarred, and clearly dying. “Bloody bastards! That’s what you all are! BLOODY BASTARDS!—”

BANG!

The bullet had struck him straight between the eyes. It was a perfect shot. But it didn’t matter. The lightning blast that accompanied the bullet was so large and powerful that even if Matthew had been five feet off the target it would have hit Cunningham anyway. And so the ancient, the immortal, the Ascended One known as Pandragore, who could look like anyone he wanted to, and lived by stealing people’s faces, died, and was so badly scorched by lightning that no one would recognize him, no matter what face he wore.

Pandragore was dead.

“Guess Pandragore is no longer an issue,” Matthew said, lowering his gun and taking a deep breath.

Gerard’s arms dropped to his side. The flames were gone, and Sharon breathed a sigh of relief…

…then Gerard slumped to the floor.

* * *

“My God,” Gerard said, looking over at the body of Arnold Cunningham, breathing deeply as Matthew helped him onto his feet. He had passed out for only a few seconds, and luckily Sharon was nearby to help break his fall. He felt weak, but despite the concern of the Order, he insisted he was fine. Though it was some cause for concern for Gerard, as he had never passed out from maintaining a constant flame, the revelation that Marielle was in reality Arnold Cunningham was something he could not let go of so easily.

“He’s been posing as Marielle all this time?”

“No,” Matthew said, putting his pistol back into its holster. “Just within the past week. At the party that you held in your penthouse, Marielle was still…well, Marielle. Her mole was still in the right place…I think it’s a safe bet to assume that he probably took her place sometime between then and now. The real Marielle…well, she’s probably dead.”

Gerard nodded. “I suppose so.”

Sharon bit her lip. “Are you okay—”

“I’m fine!” Gerard said, waving it off as if it were nothing. “I’m sure I can find someone to take her place easily.”

Sharon nodded and smiled weakly. Inside though, Gerard’s comment cut into her like a knife. He really didn’t care about his Vassals. She looked at Matthew, and he gave her an understanding nod. Her smile widened and she felt warm inside. That’s right, she told herself, it didn’t matter. In a few days she would be given to Matthew, and everything would be all right.

Everything would be perfect.

“Sharon?” Gerard said.

“Yes, master?” Sharon answered, knocked out of her reverie.

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to postpone your transfer of ownership,” Gerard said coldly. “With Marielle gone I’m going to need you to at the office temporarily, just as soon as I can get someone new.”

Sharon’s shoulders dropped in disappointment. Matthew gave her a reassuring nod, as if to comfort her. “Yes…master,” Sharon replied.

Matthew helped Gerard over to the side of the ruined church, where he sat down on a pew that had been pushed to the side. The other Ascended huddled about.

“How do you feel?” Gerard heard Natalya ask.

Gerard sighed. “Just need to catch my breath, Miss Zerapova. I’ll be fine,” he replied, not knowing if it was true.

“What happened?” Madame Li asked.

Gerard shook his head. He felt so weak…so drained…was this the result of an incomplete Ascension? He looked to the faces of Natalya, Lu and Anni, then shot a look towards the lifeless, charred husk that was once Arnold Cunningham. The Order had been weakened. Now only at half-strength, he shuddered to think what would happen if other Empowered who were not allied with the Order were to strike now…

Then Gerard looked at Matthew, who had backed away when the other Ascended Ones approached. He stood in the middle of the church, looking through the non-existent ceiling and into the red dusk sky.

His gaze traveled between the new Black King and the fallen White Rook. The Power within Matthew was immense. Such a powerful attack was evidence enough…the smoking carcass of Cunningham was certainly evidence enough. If the Order of Kings was to rise or fall, it would now hinge on Matthew Freeman.

* * *

Meanwhile

Freedom Corporation Field Office – Las Vegas, Nevada

“Good morning, Miss La Rocque,” Rachel said, leaning over the solid oak table to shake her hand.

Delilah smiled warmly as they shook hands. “A pleasure, Miss—”

“Oh—it’s Faraday,” Rachel answered. “Rachel Faraday.”

Delilah nodded. “Miss Faraday,” she said, gesturing to the chair. “Have a seat.” Rachel and Delilah both sat down. Rachel looked around the office. Whoever had decorated it clearly was a fan of heavy wood and classic lines. Sitting in here made her feel as though she were a student going to see the headmaster of an ivy-league school. Almost all the furniture was solid oak, tapestries hung from the walls and Persian carpets rolled across the faux wood floor. Every inch of that opposite was intended to intimidate. Rachel was not impressed.

“I was—rather surprised you called…” Rachel began.

Delilah smiled. “Yes, I’m sorry about that, me suddenly calling you…”

“It’s quite alright,” Rachel lied, though her FBI instincts told her that it definitely wasn’t. How would Delilah even know that Freedom Corp. was under investigation? And yet, everything about the current situation told her that there was no other explanation. Somehow, Delilah had gotten wind of the FBI’s interest in the company. Why else would she have invited her to her office?

Rachel fixed her coat, hoping that the wire that she had underneath it was working.

“I’m just curious as to why—” Rachel said.

“—I called you?” Delilah interrupted.

Rachel nodded in reply.

Delilah smiled.

“I don’t want to beat around the bush,” Delilah said, her tone of voice never really changing. It was still upbeat and perky, though Rachel knew that she meant business. There was no way that anyone under FBI investigation could ever be that upbeat…that is, unless…

…unless they knew that they would were going to get away with whatever it was they were doing.

Rachel would have a thing or two to say about that.

“What do you mean?” Rachel said, deciding to play dumb.

Delilah smiled. “What I mean is that I know you’ve been investigating Freedom Corporation for quite some time now, Miss Faraday. Now,” Delilah said, pouring herself a glass of water and taking a sip, “…I know you are an intelligent woman, Miss Faraday. Graduated top of the class in Yale, as I remember…magna cum laude, wasn’t it?”

Rachel Faraday smiled. “It’s nice to think you’re in control of the situation,” she said confidently, “but let me assure you that I have dealt with far worse than anything you could possibly dish out.” Rachel wasn’t lying. She had faced down far worse than this self-important bitch behind a heavy wooden table.

Delilah returned Rachel’s smile. Something about it was disconcerting to the FBI agent… something disturbing.

“Is that so?” Delilah asked, an eyebrow raised.

Rachel shook her head. “You executive-types are all the same. You think you can buy everyone, and those you can’t buy, you can buy something or someone to find some way to deal with them anyway…money is your crutch…I’ve dealt with your kind, Miss La Rocque, and quite frankly, you don’t even make the top ten on my list. So bribe me, blackmail me, threaten me, it doesn’t matter. I’m going to find out what’s going on here in this company, and I won’t stop until I do.”

Delilah’s smile only grew wilder. Rachel felt something uneasy about all this. Something was wrong. “Oh, I’m quite sure about everything you said, Miss Faraday,” Delilah said, rapping her fingers calmly on the table. “You’re absolutely right. I’m certainly no threat to you. I know bribe, blackmail and threats are nothing to you…but that’s not the point, my dear…”

This time Rachel raised an eyebrow.

Delilah leaned forward. “You see, Miss Faraday, you may be right that I am certainly not a very believable threat to you right now, nor should I. A few weeks ago, I was tending a small café in the French Riviera. Today, I’m sitting in an executive liaison’s office in one of the wealthiest organizations in the world. You see, Miss Faraday, I, like you, am simply a piece of the puzzle. I never would have imagined the events that led me here, and yet here I am.”

Rachel tilted her head a bit.

“I see you still don’t follow,” Delilah said, seeing her expression. She sighed. “All right, all right, let me put it in words that are easier for you to understand,” Delilah said, before taking another sip of water. “I’m an executive LIAISON. Meaning I’m simply a link in the chain. An important link, maybe, but nothing more than a link nonetheless. Simply put, you’re right in that I’m not a threat to you. But the power that allowed me to jump halfway across the world from a simple café owner to high-powered executive IS a threat to you…and a serious one at that. That power was responsible for building this company into the mega-corporation it is today, all under the noses of the United States government as well as multiple other governments abroad. That power was responsible for revealing the FBI’s schemes into trying to expose what we do.”

Rachel remained poker-faced. She hoped that everything Delilah was saying was getting picked up by her wire.

“That power, my dear Miss Faraday, is the one you should be worried about,” Delilah finished, her smile wide as ever.

Rachel shook her head. “Is that supposed to scare me?”

“I don’t intend it to,” Delilah said plainly, “but you should, if you know what’s good for you.”

“Oh? And what if I told you that I were to—turn down such good advice?”

“You wouldn’t be the first,” Delilah said, “though I hope you’ll reconsider. Such a waste...just like Richard.”

Rachel’s eyes flew open. “WHAT?!”

“Richard Boone…” Delilah said again. “Friend of yours, I assume?”

Rachel’s eyes narrowed. Her fists clenched and her chest heaved. “What have you done to him?”

“How many times do I have to tell you?” Delilah asked, chuckling. “It’s not I who has DONE something…but rather it was HIM.”

HIM?” Rachel asked.

“Yes…the same power that put me in this chair; the same power that revealed your ‘top secret’ investigation; the same power that led Richard Boone to his fall…” Delilah said, trailing off.

“WHERE IS HE?!” Rachel screamed angrily, launching herself from the chair and standing straight up, her eyes leering down at Delilah, who didn’t even flinch. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM?!”

Delilah smiled, but didn’t answer. She opened a drawer on her desk and fished out a small piece of paper. Silently, she took a pen and scribbled something down on it. She folded the paper and handed it to Rachel.

Rachel Faraday opened it and read the note.

It was an address.

She looked at Delilah. “Richard is here?”

Delilah shrugged. “I don’t know. But…” she paused, looking away momentarily and shooting a knowing glance back at Rachel. “that is where you will find...“HIM”. And when you do, who knows? Maybe he will tell you where Richard is.”

The paper crumpled as Rachel’s hands clenched into fists. “This isn’t over, Miss La Rocque…not by a long shot. It doesn’t matter who HE thinks HE is…he’s only human, and once this is over, you can bet that I’ll keep coming and coming until I take you down.”

Delilah smiled knowingly. Though it wasn’t sinister or wicked, it took Rachel by surprise somehow. “Well, I’m afraid you’ve got a few surprises in store for you, Miss Faraday,” Delilah replied calmly, “some of which you might actually find…stimulating. But no, you WON’T be able to take us down; and as far as HE goes… ‘only human’ does not apply.”

Rachel scoffed and turned to leave.

“You DID get ONE thing right, Miss Faraday,” Delilah called as Rachel reached for the door.

Rachel’s hand stopped and she looked over her shoulder.

Delilah was smiling. “You WILL keep coming…and coming…and coming…just not in the way you think.”

Rachel shot her a quizzical look, then turned to leave.