The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Workers of the Imperium

Author: BedHead

Categories: mc ff sf rb

Chapter 7

Dr Reyes admired her new cyborg production facility with understandable pride. The ten conversion benches, five on each side, were significantly more streamlined than the more ad-hoc devices in her experimental laboratory.

“It’s quite impressive, isn’t it, Rosie?” She turned to look at her assistant, who was frowning in concentration at a pair of monitors, displaying key parameters from each bench.

“Very much so, Dr Reyes.” Rosie turned to eye the facility doors. “We should be getting our last subject in a few moments.”

Nine of the benches already held subjects for conversion. An Alliance patrol ship had fallen neatly into a trap baited by an apparently disabled raider, and had had its limited weaponry wiped out within seconds. Reyes had had no problem diverting ten of the crew of twenty-five over to her new facility. The naked, gagged crew had proven easy for her drones to handle—many had been too intimidated to struggle, and those that had tried had been quickly and easily confined.

Rosie had been correct in her estimate; the doors opened, and the Kovac drone marched in with the final subject—a tall and muscular blonde woman, whose strength was completely impotent against the Imperium restraints, and Kovac’s cybernetically-enhanced strength. It seemed effortless, and the work of a moment, for Kovac to secure the woman to the bench. She then gripped the woman’s chin in her powerful hand, and started to run hair clippers over her skull. The thick blonde hair fell away in clumps, and the woman protested from behind her gag, but Kovac was uninterested in any resistance or reluctance. A floor-level grating allowed the hair to be vacuumed away quickly, as with each of the other woman, leaving nothing to contaminate the pristine lab.

Her work done, Kovac moved to a corner, and closed her eyes. Reyes’s trained eyes saw the start of the subtle body shivering of a commanded orgasm, and reflected that her drones had certainly earned their pleasure in what they had laid out for their mistress.

Reyes had retained her surgeon’s outfit for effect, and moved to the center of the room. She noted with satisfaction the way that everyone’s eyes swiveled to focus on her, despite the immobility of their heads. It felt good to be the center of attention.

“Good day, ladies! Welcome to my cybernetic conversion facility. And, may I say, how honored you should feel to be its first subjects.”

From the widening eyes, and muffled but shrill sounds from behind the women’s gags, this was not the sentiment they were feeling.

“I know, I know,” Reyes soothed, walking up and down the lab. “This wasn’t what you expected when you woke up this morning. But, my dears, this is a new stage in your life—we’re making you so much better than you already are.”

She stepped up to a small, coffee-skinned captive who had tears trickling down her cheeks. “Why, my dear, why the tears?” She gently dabbed at them with a tissue. “You’re going to be taller, stronger than you ever imagined.” She slid her hand downwards to caress the woman’s exposed mound. “And what we have in store for your sexual pleasure—oh, my darling, you have no idea.”

She stepped away and nodded at her assistant. “Start the interfaces please, Rosie.” Turning back to her audience, she held up a small device in her hand.

“We’ll be implanting this onto your cranial nerves. You may feel some discomfort, but it will soon pass.”

The lab hummed, and ten pairs of eyes widened as needles pierced the back of their necks. A few screams were muffled by the gags to whimpers, before the numbing drug took effect. Then there was a whirring as ten razor-sharp small drills spun up, and started to advance towards their target in each woman’s neck...

* * *

Reyes pulled off her cap and shucked off the surgical gown, dumping both in a basket in the corner of the prep room. “Well, I think that’s going well so far, don’t you, Rosie?”

“Yes, Mistress.” Rosie knew to only use Reyes’s favored form of address when they were alone. “The new automation is so much quicker than interfacing by hand, isn’t it?”

“Quite so. But of course we needed to experiment by hand to get it right in the first place.” Reyes peeled off her gloves, and ran her fingers through her tousled short hair to try to straighten it. “We have a clear hour while the drug breaks down their conscious will centers. I’m going to catch up on paperwork. What about you?”

“Oh, I need a shower.” Rosie’s hair was longer than Reyes’s, and several hours under a cap had left it somewhat tangled. “You don’t need me for the last phase anyway, do you Mistress?”

“No, thank you. Go and relax, my darling, you’ve done sterling work.” Reyes gave a mischievous smile. “I might send one of the new drones to your quarters afterwards, with some... specific instructions. Would you like that?“

Rosie giggled. “As you desire, Mistress.” She slipped on her deck shoes and stood up. “I’ll see you later.”

Reyes finished cleaning, then spent an hour at her desk. Despite the Imperium’s highly practical approach to managing its conflict with the Alliance, it hadn’t been able to avoid a certain amount of bureaucratic infestation, and Reyes had her work cut out justifying the resources she’d been using up, without leaking what she was really up to.

Her chronometer alerted her that the requisite amount of time had passed, and she returned to the production room. There was no need for drama in clothing this time—each subject was staring blankly ahead, their body trembling as strong pulses of pleasure ran through it from the newly installed interface.

Reyes strolled up and down the room, inspecting her new drones. Not cybernetically enhanced yet, but already subject to only her will. A small receiver implanted in each brain would activate receptivity to verbal instruction once activated—and she had the activation code.

Satisfied with the progress, Reyes activated the cybernetic conversion process for all subjects. She was particularly proud of her recent innovation, realizing the adaptive benefit of a subject observing the process on others before being subject to it themselves. Only the first subject on the left in each row was converted initially; that allowed the subject opposite to observe it unimpeded. The conversions proceeded along the line, ensuring that nearly all subjects had the opportunity to observe what would be done to them.

She waited long enough to see the first pair of conversions complete, and the second pair start, before walking out of the room. She’d check back in again later, but for now she felt like some time in her quarters.

She stepped into the turbolift and selected the accommodation level, four decks above. The turbolift blinked into life, and started taking her up.

Deck 4... 3... 2... 1... Wait! The turbolift wasn’t stopping! But there wasn’t any deck above 1, was there? The deck indicator clearly didn’t think so; it had blanked out. Nevertheless, the turbolift continued to rise. Reyes stabbed at the button panel, but to no effect. She hit her combadge, but it fizzed once before going silent.

The lift finally came to a stop, and the doors slowly slid open. She found herself facing a tall woman with unremarkable features—except for her eyes, completely round and completely black, a whole three centimeters across.

“Hello, Maria. Welcome to the real Imperium.“

* * *

Muller checked her ship’s orbit, and smiled in satisfaction. The cruiser was at a carefully judged geosynchronous position, tucked behind a medium size planet fairly close to the sun. They weren’t that far from the location where she’d chased the Imperium ship—she blushed at the recollection of how she’d been caught with her panties down by the raider, and then blushed even harder when she remembered what Andersen and Jensen had done to make it up to her.

She turned to Comms. “I believe we’re in the right position. Did you detect any signals?”

“I don’t think so, Captain.. wait! Encrypted burst, from somewhere on the planet. Fairly narrow beam, I think, we’re just getting a side lobe. No way to get a destination bearing.”

Muller had to hide a grin. Aunty Em trusted her a lot, but no-one knew where Transit was, and Em wasn’t going to break that rule even for her. Obviously it must be close to this position, maybe twenty minutes stellar flight away, but in what direction? Muller suspected a cloaking device was hiding it, but that was just a supposition.

Her instructions were to take this orbital position and wait, and so she requested some coffee and started to browse reports. She had no idea how long it would take, and there was never any shortage of work to do. Her latest filing to the Alliance was voluminous in detail, but far from exciting. She could imagine the admirals falling asleep over the report, which would be just what she wanted. If only they knew, she thought.

She was deep in maintenance reports when Lt Hines cleared her throat. “Captain, we have a hail from an approaching ship. No ID broadcast, but it’s not Alliance. Bearing... uncertain?”

“Excellent.” Muller stood up, straightening her jacket, and walked towards the view screen. “Please give Aunty Em my compliments, and ask her to join us in the bridge.”

Em had requested a ride back to Transit with Muller and her crew, and Muller couldn’t say no. Em had been riding in one of the VIP cabins, but keeping herself very much to herself. She hadn’t even joined the crew in the harem, as far as Muller knew, but presumably she had other matters to attend to. In any event, the crew were by now expert in enjoying time with each other. Last night, Muller had enjoyed a very long hot soak in a large tub with three other crew, with her fingers wrinkled like prunes by the time that the four of them had emerged, flushed and giggling, to wrap themselves in soft towels.

Muller squinted at the view screen, as if it could have helped the sensors pick up more detail. “Bearing to the ship, Hines?”

Hines paused, uncharacteristically uncertain. “Hard to lock in, Captain. Give me a moment...” She fiddled with controls on the side of her console. “No, it’s coming from two sides at once. That can’t be right.”

The ship silently slid into view on the screen. One moment there was nothing there, then a boxy shape with no markings and few obvious viewports. It decelerated, and started to turn in to match the cruiser’s orbit.

Muller scented a familiar perfume, and turned to find a smiling Aunty Em at her side. “Our ride to Transit?”

“Indeed, my dear.” Em checked her data tablet, one with a sharply directional screen. “They’d like to depart in thirty minutes; can we be ready by then?”

“I would think so.” Muller touched her combadge. “Crew, this is the Captain. Secure all stations, and muster at docking port D within thirty minutes. Advise if any problems. Muller out.”

Em put her arm around Muller’s waist. “We’re going to have some fun, aren’t we, Katie darling?”

Muller giggled. “I think you’re right, Aunty Em.” She looked around the rest of the bridge. “Okay, folks, let’s see those stations configured for automatic action. Clock’s ticking!”

* * *

Reyes remained rooted to the spot in the turbolift. The woman—alien?—was smiling at her, but a human smile in a face with giant eyes like hers was disturbing. Reyes could feel her own eyes repeatedly adjusting, trying to make sense of the unusual face shape.

“Who... no, what are you?” Her hand slid over to the turbolift controls, tapping surreptitiously at the buttons, but the lift showed no inclination to move.

“We are the Imperium. Your entire society is run by us, invisible to everyone. You have never seen our real faces before, though you have met several of us without realizing it.”

The woman took a step forward, and held out her hand. Reyes matched it with a step backwards, pressing herself against the turbolift wall. This did not seem to faze the woman, who continued with the alien smile.

“We are empathic telepaths, Maria. I can feel what you feel. I can feel your fear right now. I can even sense a hint of revulsion at my face.” Her tone was still pleasant. “You need not be afraid of us. We have coexisted with you for many years, to your society’s great benefit.”

“Uh-huh.” Reyes looked around her for options, but the non-functioning turbolift did not leave her many choices. She peered past the woman for a possible escape route, but this space was decorated in a decidedly alien scheme—no sharp corners and few few flat surfaces other than the floor. Everything had a semi-melted appearance. She’d be running into a completely unfamiliar environment.

The decision was taken out of her hands as an invisible heavy blanket seemed to settle over her head. Her tense arms and curled fists relaxed, and she stood at ease, staring at the alien woman.

“Walk to me.” Did the woman actually speak? All Reyes remembered was the instruction arriving in her mind. Her legs reacted instinctively, walking her out of the turbolift and towards the outstretched hand.

In a corner of her mind, the conscious thoughts of Reyes yelled, screamed, and beat on the door that had suddenly shut them off from the rest of herself.

There was a buzz, and warmth on her skin, and Reyes abstractly noted her clothing falling to pieces around her. Now naked as the day she was born, she approached the alien woman and took the outstretched hand. It felt surprisingly normal, a pleasant temperature without being too damp or dry, hard or soft. As her hand made contact, the muffled voices from her conscious thoughts became even fainter .

“Come with me, Maria.” The woman turned and walked away, gently pulling along the obedient but confused Reyes. “It’s time you saw what we do with your species.”

* * *

The transport ship might have been the same one as last time, but its anonymity made it impossible to tell. At least this time everyone could talk—even then, discussions were muted, with just the occasional laugh or shocked giggle.

A few of the crew noted that Aunty Em spent most of the trip talking quietly to Lt Commander Kopel; they were seated a little way from the rest of the crew, so their conversation was inaudible, but they seemed to be quite focused on something. The crew were still getting used to Kopel’s new appearance, but her sudden and huge step forward in strength, precision ,and speed of reaction had made her even more indispensable among the crew. That said, there was a certain wariness in the harem; quite apart from the Commander’s intimidating strength, the crew wondered silently if she still “worked” the same way that they did.

The twenty-minute journey passed relatively quickly, and the crew disembarked into the same hall as before. This time, there was no need for the automated clothing removal; the crew quickly dispersed to their assigned quarters and changed out of uniform as soon as they could.

About half of the crew were off-duty, and most of them ended up in the nearest harem. Captain Muller had directed some on-duty crews to assist Transit staff with general maintenance, though others had been brought into various “educational” gatherings, which were not that different from what was currently happening in the harem.

The cuddling, nuzzling, and playful licking was just starting to get going properly when a familiar voice rang out around the harem.

“Hello, darlings! Are you having fun?”

Heads poked out from under sheets, and from between legs, as the crew recognized Aunty Em’s distinctive voice. It was rare that she was seen in the harem herself—what was going on?

Confident she had the attention of the room, Em stepped slightly aside to reveal a group of people behind her. Dressed in loose pink suits, and pink caps, they had clustered behind Em like a gaggle of ducklings.

“My darlings, these ladies are new friends of mine. They are a little unusual, but they’d really like to begin having fun with you. In fact, they know quite a lot about the kind of fun you really like. Why don’t you let them say ‘hello’?”

The group, nearly twenty in total, fanned out throughout the harem. They passed quickly through the various spaces, heads turning left and right in an apparent search for a known face. There were flashes of recognition as they locked on to various crew members, and approached them.

Crewman Robinson was on all fours on one of the low beds, watching the newcomers, when one of them appeared to recognize her.

“Crewman Robinson? I am Emily.”

Robinson was sure she hadn’t met the woman before, but was intrinsically polite. “Hey Emily, you can just call me Roby—that’s what my friends do.”

“It is nice to meet you, Roby. I understand that you really enjoy oral pleasure?”

It was a very forward introduction, taking Robinson aback initially, but she reminded herself that this was, after all, the harem. “Yes... that’s quite true. What do you enjoy?”

“Giving it to you.” Emily stepped forward, and in one fluid motion scooped Robinson up from the bed. Robinson felt herself cradled effortlessly in unexpectedly powerful arms.

“Um... you’re a cyborg?”

“Correct.” Emily swung her around, and gently placed her across a mound of cushions further down the bed. She briskly flicked Robinson’s gown from between her legs, and Robinson felt cool air play across her sex.

“Don’t worry, Roby. My tongue isn’t cybernetic.” With that unexpected flash of humor, she gracefully slid between Robinson’s legs. Robinson gasped, and clutched at her legs, as the warm—and very human—tongue slipped into her.

“I’m not sure I’m ready... oh! OH! Do that again!” Perspiration suddenly beaded on Robinson’s forehead as her nervous system was lit up by the probing tongue. “Oh yesyesyes, right there. Mmmm!”

Alice Andersen and Julie Jensen, the raider crew, had been watching with amusement as their friends were partnered off with various of Aunty Em’s women. Julie was being entertained by watching Roby being thoroughly explored, when Alice nudged her in the ribs.

“Jules... I think these two might be here for us.”

Julie turned to see two more women approach them. Unlike the others, these were dressed in black, and wore heavy, dark eye make-up that made them look even more intimidating than their cyborg-driven walk.

“Come with us.” It was a flat order from the lead woman, and neither raider had a chance to react to it before they were seized in unexpectedly strong arms, and lifted off the floor. Julie tried to struggle, but she might as well have been a newborn kitten. The woman carrying her was giving off a strange scent—it was superficially pleasant, but at the same time somehow intimidating. The more she breathed it in, the more she felt as if she shouldn’t dare struggle.

The two women carried their captors to the back of the harem, and through a pair of heavy black curtains. Julie and Alice exchanged a look—they had played with each other a little in this space previously, though it was normally empty.

Behind the curtains, a wide variety of benches, racks and chains formed what looked very much like a medieval dungeon. Tools of admonishment and restraint hung from the walls, and the black decor accented with blood red emphasized the intimidating nature of the space.

Despite their apprehension, Alice and Julie felt themselves getting turned on.

Alice was carried to a vertical rack, pressed into it face-first, and bound hand and foot to the device. She could just about turn her head left to see Julie, fastened securely to a bench with her bottom high in the air.

Julie’s woman slapped Julie across her buttocks, apparently gently, but enough to generate a squeal from the raider.

“You enjoy punishment,” she stated flatly. “I am here to administer it.”

Alice’s woman had been busying herself with something in the corner, and now Alice heard her heavy footsteps behind her. Without warning, something was pulled into her mouth and secured behind her head.

“You enjoy sensation play,” the woman informed her. A soft, but completely dark blindfold was tied across her eyes. “I am going to explore every inch of your body, while you listen to the noises of your crewmate.”

Something soft and velvety was draped over Alice’s shoulder, and slowly pulled across her back. She shivered involuntarily at the tickling sensation.

There was another noise from Julie—an animal noise, one that no human should have been able to make.

Alice felt the warm breath of her new partner in her left ear. “Now, Alice, we play.”

Her heartbeat rate exploded, just as she felt a questing finger between her buttocks.

* * *

Reyes followed the alien woman through a long, narrow, twisted corridor. Whoever was the designer of this space, they clearly weren’t claustrophobic; frequently, the corridor walls pressed so close to Reyes’s face that she felt her own breath.

Finally they came to a relatively large, if low-ceilinged, open space, approximately oval. Spread around the perimeter were strange pods, translucent and approximately man-sized, all pointing towards the center of the space. There stood maybe ten other women, practically identical to Reyes’s new “friend”, apparently gazing outwards at... nothing?

The pair stopped between two of the pods, and Reyes felt her hand released. Her arm simply fell to her side, and she stood there staring at her companion. Whenever she tried to command her legs to move, the command seemed to evaporate somewhere within her brain.

“You’re controlling me.” At least her voice still worked.

The alien sounded almost amused. “Of course. We control the Imperium. We certainly control everyone on this station that we built for you. But what I am doing to hold you there is crude, and frankly, rather beneath me.”

“Then let me go,” Reyes challenged. She was still not sure where to run to, but she’d take the chance now and figure out a plan on the move.

Now the alien really did sound amused. “All in good time, Maria. Aren’t you wondering why we are doing all this?“

Despite her situation, Reyes was wondering exactly this. Her natural curiosity and imagination had carried her a long way professionally, and it was hard to turn them off now.

“You said that you were telepathic empaths,” she said, slowly, trying to assemble the pieces of the puzzle. “This must have to do with... feelings? You benefit somehow from things we know or feel?”

“We thought you would be capable of working it out,” the alien confirmed. “Our primary sustenance comes from tapping in to the strongest feelings and emotions of others. Human females, being not too dissimilar to our original genetic form, have turned out to be consistently the most powerful generators of these feelings. So we built this facility,”—the alien gestured around herself—“to grow and harvest strong emotions in humans, in a space where we could easily consume them.”

Reyes blinked a couple of times as the truth dawned. “You’re systematically driving the crew and visitors here into sexual ecstasy in order to feed off them?”

“Quite so,” agreed the alien. “A symbiotic relationship: both we and you benefit from the sexual climaxes induced here.”

“I suppose that we were lucky that you don’t benefit from pain and anguish,” Reyes muttered, still caught up in revisiting everything that had happened on the station, in light of this new information.

The alien made a disapproving face. “Unfortunately, there have been one or two of our race who do, much the same way that your race has occasional sadists. We are usually quick to hunt them down and remove them, but they have unfortunately intruded into your race’s history from time to time.”

“Who—actually, no, I don’t think I want to know.” Reyes looked around. “So, why bring me here? Why not just leave me as a sexual cow to be milked for her emotions, like the others?”

“We have, of course, been following your work on the station with interest.” The alien gestured at a projection which had just appeared in mid-air; peering at it, Reyes realized that it was her and her cyborg subjects in the new production facility. “Your ingenuity in using artificial sexual stimulation to drive and motivate others is impressive, but unfortunately your plans and ours do not merge.”

Reyes closed her eyes, realizing her mistake. “Aunty Em.”

“Correct, Emantheum is one of us; adapted to be more human in appearance. She has been our principal agent in guiding the Imperium to staff and run this program. We cannot have you interfering. Besides, she has the same telepathic control as we all do. If you did attempt to convert her, she could easily make you secure yourself to a bench and convert yourself while she watched. And then turn your sexual stimulation up to the maximum, and leave it there.”

Reyes shook her head. “All right, all right. Hands off Aunty Em. I get it.”

“It’s not quite that straight forward.” The alien gestured to the pods. “The station generates some very high powered spikes of emotion for us to consume, but by nature of human activity it is very unpredictable. We need a dependable source of background stimulation in order to remain in top health.”

She made a complex gesture over the top of the adjacent pod, and Reyes gasped as the translucent top became transparent to reveal Rosie’s face there, staring up at her through what looked to be a pink tinged fluid. Rosie’s eyes weren’t focused on her, but she had a beatific smile across her face.

“We cannot remove many humans from the station without being noticed,” the alien admitted, “but we do look for those with unusually good imaginations. Inducing a never-ending series of erotic dreams in them generates a steady background field of emotion for us.”

The pod on the other side of the alien split down the middle, opening up to reveal a cushioned, organic-looking surface. Reyes noted that it was currently empty, and looked back at the alien. Was that another smile on her face?

“How long will I be in there?”

“We take them out every eight months for a brief period of physical stimulation and mental programming, to ensure variety in the dreams,” the alien reported emotionlessly. “Have no fear, you age very slowly in the suspension that the pod induces.”

Reyes felt her body move, independent of her mind, leaning over the pod and climbing in to lie supine on the warm, soft surface, staring up at the ceiling. The pod silently closed above her, and she was left looking at the translucent, wrinkled surface of the pod lid.

There was an alien crinkling sound, and she saw a host of plastic-looking tubes emerge from the side of the pod, almost like tentacles. With her body still immobilized, she could only watch as two of them burrowed into either side of her neck—it should have been agonizing, but merely tingled—while others sought the space between her legs, and started to slide gently inside her.

“These will take care of all your needs.” The alien voice in Reyes’s head was as clear as when she was speaking. “Here is your sedation.”

Something red started to pump into the tubes going into her neck, and instantly her mind went dizzy. She barely felt the telepathic control withdrawal of the alien, still completely unable to move a muscle of her body.

A swarm of tubes came around her face, and she felt tingles all over her scalp as they attached themselves.

With great effort, she forced a final sentence out of her mouth.

“I... don’t want... to be ... your ... food!”

“Nevertheless, you will be.” The alien voice was flat and definitive. “Now, you can dream.”

Reyes’s vision started to sparkle. She was only barely aware of body-warm fluid starting to fill the pod, and a larger tube sliding into her mouth and down her airway.

Finally unable to struggle, she drifted away into Dreamland....

* * *

Aunty Em was walking out of the harem when she felt the new, regular pulse of pleasure join the normal background. She closed her eyes and drew it into herself, savouring the flavor.

“A shame, Maria. We could have had so much fun together. Well, at least you’ll be enjoying yourself.”

She opened her eyes, and peered at the report from the Alliance station. It looked to be time to set up an additional location for the real Imperium.

THE END