The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Viral Sensation

by Jennifer Kohl

Breanna stared at the counters on her video. Half a million views, tens of thousands of likes... “Holy shit,” she said.

Steeling herself, she looked at the comments. There were the usual assholes saying they wanted to fuck her, the assholes saying they didn’t think she was fuckable, the weirdos who wanted stuff that didn’t sound like sex to her but probably was to them, and the people who just wanted to be generally hateful. She skimmed past them and focused on the comments that actually said something.

And there it was. It was one of her usual ASMR videos, mostly, but she’d broken off at one point, gone off-script to talk about how she was feeling quarantined alone, how long it had been since she’d touched anyone or been touched, since she’d shaken a hand or highed a five or hugged a friend. She’d almost cut it in editing, but some impulse convinced her to leave it in—and people were responding!

She must have struck a chord. She wasn’t alone feeling this way, and people liked her telling them that they weren’t alone. And they must have shared it with friends who shared it with friends—huh. This message was different.

“I’m really sorry you’re feeling that way, but congratulations on all the views! I represent a company that is preparing to launch a device that might help you and touch-starved people everywhere. We’d like to talk to you about sending you a sample to review and possibly doing a sponsored video. I’ve sent an email with details to the account tied to this channel, please let us know if you’re interested.”

She checked her email and there was indeed something from marketing@spirosynth.com. She tried googling the company name but there wasn’t much: a new tech startup trying to break into the market for VR games, it looked like. They wanted her to review something called the Synesthar T1, which from the pictures in the email looked like a pretty standard headset, just some headphones and glasses and a USB connector. But the email claimed it used “patented Synesthar technology based on the scientific phenomenon of synesthesia to simulate the sensation of touch through visual and auditory stimulation alone!” Which sounded like bullshit and the first draft of a magazine ad, and was probably both.

But she was interested in synesthesia—she liked to play around with in some of her videos. And they were offering the headset free in exchange for a review, and maybe even a paid sponsorship... she had to reply back, take advantage of her fifteen seconds of Internet fame!

After thinking about it for a minute, she wrote back that she was interested in doing a review, but wasn’t comfortable doing a review in a sponsored video. They wrote back only a few minutes later and said if she wanted, they would send her the rig to do a review, and then she could decide if she wanted them to sponsor a later video! “Perfect!” she replied.

“Hello,” Breanna murmured softly into her mic. “Before I start, thank you all so much for the response on the last video. It means so much to me to see so many people sharing it, so many positive comments... thank you.”

She pulled out the headset she’s received in the mail. “Now this video is a bit different. A company called Spirosynth sent me their product to review, so I figured I’d give it a try here on camera. This is not a sponsored video, they’re not paying me or anything. But supposedly this VR rig can cause me to feel touch, somehow, as well as see and hear? I’m skeptical but I’ll give it a shot.” She held the glasses up to the camera, holding them so her audience could see the stylized text on the temple: Spirosynth Synesthar T1. She then did the same with the headphones.

Finally she put both on. “I’m just going to run the demo program they sent with it, see if it wor—oh.” Her voice turned even softer on that last syllable, as the glasses showed a simple 3D environment, just a room with a table in it. But for a moment as it started there was a little burst of color and noise, just on the edge of perceptibility, that somehow turned into a gentle, tingling touch that flowed down through her whole body.

She described what she was seeing and, as much as she could, feeling. “There’s some text floating here,” she said. “’Did you feel that?’” She picked up the two control sticks that came with the rig and pointed with one. Yes. “’Good,’” she read softly to her audience. “Oooh.” Another pleasant little ripple. “’Was that stronger or weaker?’” she read out. “Okay, it’s running some kind of calibration I guess? Makes sense.” She pointed at Stronger.

Then she squirmed in her seat and gave out a giggle. “That tickles!” she protested, much louder than she normally spoke on camera. “Sorry,” she added softly. “’Please pick the option which most closely matches what you just felt,’” she read, and then the list of a couple of dozen different sensations. She selected one, and the text changed again. “’Calibrating.’”

After a moment it changed yet again. She continued with the calibration process, which lasted about twenty minutes. By the end she realized she was probably grinning like a fool, but who could blame her? So many pleasant sensations as the system learned how to make her feel its touch!

“’Please select a shoulder or back massage,’” she read. “Oh, that sounds very nice, doesn’t it?” she softly asked her audience. “Looks like I pick by moving over to the table or the chair. I’m going with the chair, and—ohhhhh.” She let her head loll back as the little barely detectable flickers of color and bursts of sound, guided by everything the machine had learned from her calibration, simulated firm, soothing pressure in her shoulders. “Oh that is nice...” she said.

The rest of the video was nothing but sighs and coos and soft moans, until finally the massage ended, and she took the rig off and said bye to her viewers. Later, in editing, she thought about cutting some or all of it—but honestly what better review of the rig could she put up than her own genuine and very pleased reaction.

Plus if she started the render now, there’d be plenty of time to take the rig and her laptop to bed and try the back massage...

“Hello,” Breanna began softly. “You might have noticed the sponsored tag on this video. That’s because it is, by Spirosynth, makers of the Synesthar T1 Evolved Virtual Reality System. I really love mine—I’ve had it a week and used it every day. It’s amazing how it can make me feel like I’m being touched, even though it’s just glasses and headphones? I know a lot of you have been feeling touch-starved, like I was, and this has been a huge help. I really recommend you check it out! Anyway, today I’m going to be reading to you from...”

She hadn’t had time to write much of a script this week, but she’d had that happen before and handled it the same way, just write an intro and an outro and read from something in between. She didn’t like doing it but it was her fault she’d gotten so caught up in her Spirosynth.

“Hi,” Breanna breathed. “So, I kinda forgot to do a script this week?” She giggled. “But I figured, everyone seemed to like my review video so much, I’d play with my Spirosynth on camera some more?” She pulled it on and started up another program. “The nice people at Spirosynth sent me a bunch of new programs to try so I guess I’ll review them?”

She pulled up a table tennis game and started to play. It was fun to wave around the control stick, feel the shock as her paddle impacted the ball. Then she scored, and a wave of relaxation and pleasure passed through her while she cooed happily. “Mmmmm... I could get used to that!”

Breanna played with her hair and fidgeted in front of the camera. She would rather be using the headset, but this was important. “So like, thank you all so much! Between the sponsorship and my Patreus, I was able to quit my job today! Nothing but videos from now on. In fact, starting next week I’m going to try to make them every day!”

She beamed. “The other big news is this camera attachment I got from Spirosynth. It plugs right into the headset and transmits to the glasses so I can do AR with them too! There’s a bunch of cool programs for that I can’t wait to try out!”

Breanna moaned happily as the massage continued. She was lying on her back this time, seeing a live feed of her bedroom with the addition of a surprisingly realistic man massaging her limbs. It felt so good!

Was there something else she was supposed to be doing? Something was nagging at her, like she was supposed to—oh hey, that was new. “Increase intimacy level?” displayed floating against her ceiling, and before she could even think about it, she said yes.

The massage moved to her breasts as pleasure and relaxation rippled out through her. Whatever it was could wait.

“Like, hey everybody. I hope this stream makes up for missing last week’s video. I just have had NO time, I’ve been too busy with the awesome new games I got from Spirosynth. They are so much fun you guys!“

“Huh? What do you mean I—”

“OK, so like, those jerks at Youtube shut down my stream last week just for showing my tits. It’s not my fault I was topless, I forgot!” She beamed and twirled a strand of her hair around one finger. “And thank you for all the nice things you guys said, it’s cool knowing I made so many people hard and happy. I like it!“

“But anyway there’s not going to be any more of that on this channel.” Breanna giggled. “I have a bunch of new stuff for you guys on my new and improved channel now that I’m an official Spirosynth brand ambassador!”

“Isn’t that awesome? It means I get to try all their toys for free, and tell you how great they are, and they pay me for that! But I’m going to need some help trying out the next one. I need one of you to get a Spirosynth headset with AR camera attachment so that we can try out their new DistanceTouch(tm) program. So email me if you’ve done that and maybe we can set something up.” She blew a kiss at the camera and signed off, then leaned back and slid a hand between her legs while she thought about all those commenters getting hard for her, going out and buying Spirosynths so she could touch them and they could touch her from so far away...

She was never going to feel touch-starved again.

* * *