The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Unravel

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2020.

* * *

Claudia had gotten used to being a kept pet. It was an easy enough lifestyle. There weren’t many responsibilities that came with it. Sienna, her Mistress, was busy, and often out of the house. Really the only things required of her were keeping her body in shape; making sure to exercise and eat the foods provided for her, as well as keeping herself bathed and perfumed. Otherwise, she only had to sit in emptiness and wait, letting her Mistress’ programming loop through her mind.

Even the tasks that were required of her were no burden. Mistress had a tight enough grip on the reins of her mind that it could steer her actions without Claudia’s own conscious choices, even when Mistress was absent.

She didn’t miss her life before. She barely remembered it. Mistress’ sure hand had long since steered her through severing the last tethers to the outside world, and they were long forgotten by now.

Since there was such little variation in her routine, it felt like living in two different spaces: either the endless time that stretched on in which she was alone, or the time in which she surfaced from her more passive waiting in order for Mistress to take pleasure from her body and give it in return. Neither space had hours, or minutes. Both were their own limbos, and slid on endlessly. She didn’t mind that either. She’d been programmed not to.

When she was in passive mode, the programming had free rein of her mind; all she Claudia had to do was sit and let it have its way with her. It was like having Mistress fuck her mind at all times, even when she was by herself.

But though that programming looped through her mind from top to bottom, and from side to side, there was one dark corner in the very back of Claudia’s head that it never touched; that it never could touch, because Mistress didn’t know it was there, and she never would.

Claudia herself didn’t even know what was back in that corner. She would remember if she ever needed to know. But there was a chance that she never would; something about that corner had a sense of closure about it. It was there, there was a chance that someday light would fall on it again, and Claudia would understand and remember. But the chance was equally likely that that streak of illumination would never come. It was not a corner that was waiting; it was a corner that was just in case.

Though Claudia didn’t think so much in words anymore, and though her mind was almost always emptied down to nothing, there was a flicker of her attention that was always aware of it. That same flicker of attention had been on that corner ever since she’d gotten involved with Mistress, long before the programming had ever taken hold. And through Sienna’s careful dissection of her thoughts, her dismantling of her mind, and reprogramming it— the corner had sat there all along, untouched.

Every time, under the compulsion of trance, that Sienna had forced Claudia to confess the contents of her mind, Claudia had given all up: except for that corner. Not for lack of trying: she had given every other part of herself away to Sienna’s prompting. But when she came to that corner, and tried to speak of it, her lips would not open. Her tongue would not move. She was incapable of naming it, or describing it. And though Sienna had a grip, total and complete on all other parts of Claudia’s mind and soul, she was ignorant of that corner, and could not touch it. She did not know it existed; and Claudia was incapable of speaking of it.

She was in her daytime limbo again, sitting cross-legged, and naked on her mat on the hardwood floor in the living room, and Mistress’ invisible hand was steadily steering her mind through the labyrinth of trance. It ravaged her mind entirely, consuming all, and Claudia had no external awareness at all. All focus had been drawn inwards to get tangled up in Mistress’ mental knots, and she was happily lost there, as she sat blind on her mat.

This was disrupted, maybe for the first time ever, when a clattering noise came in to join her in the living room. Dazed, and still half-tranced, Claudia’s attention became external again, and she turned her head towards the source of the noise.

The living room had two doors which opened out on to a wide, white veranda that overlooked Sienna’s large garden and backyard. It was at the opposite end from the front entrance, almost symmetrically perfect.

And there was a person standing at the two doors, one hand on the knob, the other hand doing something that Claudia couldn’t quite see.

Claudia looked through the glass panes to the person’s face. It was clearly a woman, but she may as well have been a stranger to Claudia. She didn’t recognize her at all.

Some part of her thought vaguely that she should be panicking; this woman, who was a stranger to her, was clearly trying to break in. But there were no programs in Claudia’s head to respond to the scenario, and her mind was still hazy from her passive state. She couldn’t make the panic come; and she didn’t particularly care. It wasn’t as though ideas of how break-ins could go wrong or become violent were available to her, anyway. Such unpleasant thoughts had long since been cleared away and forgotten.

All Claudia did was sit and wait, watching wide-eyed as the woman worked the door handle a moment more, until at last an audible click was heard, and the door swung open.

The woman crossed the threshold, and Claudia got a better look at her, now that there were no panes of glass obscuring her.

She wore a pair of tight black leggings, and ankle boots with a low heel. Above her waist, she wore a similarly black shirt with a black blazer over it— the black blazer had four small blue buttons at the abdomen, lined up symmetrically— two on one side, two on the other.

The woman’s hair was tucked up under a black cap, so it was impossible to see the color of her hair. But she had bright, friendly features, something about which gave Claudia a nonsensical feeling of ease, or relief, given that this woman was an intruder. There was something very pretty about her face.

When the woman crossed the threshold into the living room, her eyes had first been aimed higher, scanning for something, but once she was in past the doors, they found Claudia sitting on the floor, and widened.

“She’s just left you here?” She spoke, more to herself than to anyone else. Her eyes took on an incredulous look. “Just left you here, no defenses at all.” She shook her head.

Claudia only kept watching the woman with open curiosity.

The woman considered her for a minute, then closed the door behind herself. She crossed back from the door in order to sit herself down in front of Claudia. She copied Claudia’s position for a second, crossing her legs, but then frowned and stood again. Claudia’s head followed her as she crossed to the nearest chair, and took up the draped throw from it. When she came back, she put it around Claudia’s shoulders, and then finally reseated herself in front of her, crossing her legs too.

“You must get cold, sitting like that all the time,” the woman said, but Claudia had no response for her. The only words she said anymore were for her Mistress; and those, usually only to reinforce her own conditioning. This woman had nothing to do with that: so she had no words for her. There was no script for this conversation.

The woman tilted her head. “I’ve never known you to go so long without talking. It’s disturbing.” She frowned again. “How to do this…?”

She inhaled deeply, and then exhaled it again. “Okay… Claudia… if that is still your name… You don’t know me… but, if I’m right… there should be… somewhere in the very back of your mind, a dark corner where you never go.”

Something lit up in Claudia’s chest. The illumination would come; the flicker of attention she kept with that corner always was going to pay off. She’d never known if it would or not, but it would. It had. Here it was now.

The recognition in Claudia’s eyes seemed to get through to the woman; and she looked a little relieved. “Okay, Claudia. You’re going to go back to that dark corner, and you’re going to reach into it, and only take one thing out of it. When you reach in there, you’ll find it comes naturally to your hand it’s waiting for you.”

The woman paused again, with a thoughtful look in her eye. And when she spoke, her voice was soft: “You can remember me. Or, I think… you can remember my name. I think… that will be alright. Yes, my name.” She nodded to herself. “Claudia, reach into that corner— and remember my name.”

It was an entirely different feeling than following an instruction from Mistress, and obeying someone else felt illicit. But there was something delicious about it, in a forbidden way— like kissing another woman. Mentally cheating.

The softness of the woman’s voice couldn’t be denied— or, Claudia didn’t want to deny her. She wanted to go along with her; not least of which because, she’d wondered for a long time, without words, exactly what was in that corner, and why it was cut off from her.

But it was more than her curiosity. Some part of her wanted to do as the woman before her said; there was something appealing in her that Claudia liked. Wanting things was a distant memory; obeying Mistress was not a want. It was a habit. But she wanted. She wanted to reach back, as instructed. So she did.

And when she felt into the darkness, the promised answer came to her, as the woman had told her it would.

The woman’s name was Trudy.

“Trudy,” Claudia said, in offering. It was the only thing she could think to say.

Trudy flushed at the sound of her own name. “You do remember,” she exhaled, again, looking relieved.

Claudia looked at Trudy for a long time, trying to remember anything else. She reached around in the darkness back there for more, but nothing else came into her hands. Maybe nothing would, until Trudy told her to remember something else.

She had to know Trudy somehow; for Trudy’s name to be sitting quietly in the back of her head, waiting— this couldn’t be their first meeting. But there was nothing familiar about the sight of her face, even still.

Maybe there would be, if Trudy told her to remember more; maybe that was waiting back in that corner, too.

“Now, listen closely,” Trudy said. “When I leave, the fact that I was here, that we spoke, that you remembered my name— my name itself, all of that goes back into that corner, and you can’t remember it, or take it out until you are alone with me again. I’ll come back, Claudia, but I can’t stay long today.”

Claudia only stared back at her.

Trudy wavered, as if she wanted to lean forward and do something. But then she thought better of it, and got back on to her feet. She took the throw back from around Claudia’s shoulders with a twist of regret touching her mouth. Then she folded it it and returned it to its chair. She crossed back to the door she had entered through, stopping to open it, and hit the button on the back to lock it behind her.

“When I’m out of your sight, everything drains back into that dark space,” Trudy said.

“Trudy,” Claudia said, still having no other words to offer. Somehow saying her name felt important; for the minute or so longer that she could hold onto it again. It would be forgotten, and Claudia’s mind drained back to empty soon enough.

When Claudia said it, Trudy wavered in the doorway, again, as if there was something else she wanted to do— but instead she took hold of the handle. “I’ll come back,” she repeated, a note of finality in her voice.

She pulled the door shut behind her, putting the panes of glass between them again, and disappeared out of sight.

Claudia’s attention focused inward, to get tangled up in Mistress’ mental knots, and she was happily lost there, as she sat, once more blind to the external on her mat.

But that flicker of attention was with the unnamed corner.

* * *

Nothing was different in Claudia’s limbo, after the woman’s visit. Both the woman and her visit were forgotten as soon as she had left Claudia’s line of sight, returned back to the far corner of Claudia’s mind. Her life was the same: she waited, quietly, during the day, letting Mistress’ scripts further reprogram her, until Mistress came back to retrieve her for play in the evenings or late afternoons.

There was no internal change in Claudia’s mind, and there was no change in her external behavior, either, to tip off that anything strange had happened at all. But though time was largely lost on Claudia, it did continue to pass, and soon, Claudia was sitting again inside her daylight limbo; and the woman was once more on the other side of the exterior door.

When she saw her, this time, the sight of her was more familiar than it had been previously. The woman also seemed to get the door open pretty quickly— and she was sitting in front of Claudia again. “You can go back into that corner and retrieve everything you were holding last time we saw each other,” the woman said, simply, and Claudia followed the direction. She rediscovered the woman’s name; it was Trudy sitting in front of her. Trudy, who had some unknown link to her which she had not yet revealed.

The memory of Trudy’s last visit returned with her name. Having recovered the ability to compare Trudy to her earlier behavior, Claudia considered Trudy more carefully. She had an air of confidence she’d been lacking the last time. As if some unanswered question had been resolved, and set her at ease.

“Trudy,” Claudia adressed again. She hadn’t found the ability to speak other words again, yet. She could lift herself above Mistress’ programming with the boost of information that Trudy unlocked for her. But it wasn’t enough to untangle her capacity to speak or think freely.

Trudy seemed to understand that, but she didn’t seem bothered by it today. “Claudia,” Trudy said. “There’s something else you can reach in and retrieve, today. Somewhere in that corner is the memory of the first time we met— if you want to, you can reach in and remember that, all the way through; you can hold it, and become who you were at the end of that night.”

Trudy’s suggestions were so different from Mistress Sienna’s. Not commands at all, but ideas. Encouragements— invitations. If she wanted to.

Claudia found she very much did want to. It was the same thing she’d felt before: that desire to do as Trudy asked, just for the sake of doing it. Remembering how it felt to want something for herself at all, something that had not been put into her head by someone else first. Trudy had not told her to want to comply; only invited her to do it, to explore the idea and see how it felt.

She reached back into that shadowed corner, and it was different from before. This time, what she pulled back out with her was transformative. She ceased to be Sienna’s slave; she had never met Sienna, or even heard of her.

She was Claudia Jones— receptionist at an office. And she was several years back into the past. The office Christmas party had been that night; she’d met the most interesting woman. Trudy didn’t work in their office, but she’d come as the date of a different coworker. But she’d spent more of the party with Claudia than her date, who she’d only been out with two or three times before.

They’d made fools of themselves together all night, wearing stupid plastic tiaras out of the office gift bags, and chasing each other through paper streamers, getting too drunk and dancing too hard.

At the end of the night, they’d caught up to each other again in an empty cubicle off of the main area, a little quieter than the heart of the party. Some of the streamers had fallen onto the carpet, and in the corner of that cubicle, Claudia had felt bold enough (and tipsy enough) to move in for a kiss, which she stole from the corner of Trudy’s mouth. Trudy hadn’t turned her head to kiss her fully on the lips, but she hadn’t pulled away either. When Claudia pulled back, both of them were breathing heavily, and there had been a beat of silence in which only their combined breathing could be heard.

Then Trudy had said, “I came with the wrong date tonight.” But then, she’d added something about how she should she leave the party with the person she arrived with because she needed to “have a conversation.” And like that, she left.

And left Claudia dizzy on the taste of her mouth— and dizzy with hope that the next time Claudia saw her, Trudy would be single.

That was the whole night; that was the night that had just happened. Claudia Jones was home from the party now, hoping to hear from Trudy soon. And hoping not to be too hungover the next morning.

But she didn’t recognize her apartment— and she didn’t feel as drunk as she knew she should have been. And why was she naked?

And how could it be that Trudy was sitting in front of her?

Claudia flushed red in embarrassment. She’d liked Trudy— she was definitely attracted to her. But she hadn’t been ready to jump to this level of intimacy this quickly. She hadn’t been ready for Trudy to see her naked.

There was a flicker of recognition in Trudy’s eyes, and she shrugged out of her coat. It was a long coat, and Claudia accepted it gratefully, pulling it tight around herself to cover her nakedness.

Claudia looked around the room, and found it was as unfamiliar as she’d first thought. The only thing recognizable to her was Trudy, whose presence she still didn’t understand. Still, she clung to it gratefully, and looked back to her. “Where am I? The party ended just a few hours ago, didn’t it?”

A small smile of relief crossed Trudy’s face. “Okay, Claudia, listen. This will sound bizarre to you. The party didn’t end a few hours ago. It’s been about five years since that night. I’ll spoil a bit of your future for you: I did break it off with my date that night, so we could go out. And we went out for awhile… it ended badly… then you fell in with someone much worse than me, after we separated. I only found out what happened to you a few weeks ago— and since then I’ve been working to get you out. I need to know if you can stand with me, and leave right now.”

Claudia stared at Trudy, lost. She may as well have been speaking a different language. But Claudia felt a sense of implicit trust in her— so she decided to accept what she’d heard for the moment, and return to it later.

“I’ll trust you, Trudy,” Claudia said, with a nod.

Trudy nodded, more to herself to Claudia. “Stand with me, now. You can lean on me for support if you need it. Come with me to the door... “

Claudia stood, and leaned on Trudy as she’d offered. She found her legs a little weak, as if she hadn’t been walking much, or otherwise using them. She appreciated having Trudy to brace her.

They reached the door, and Trudy pushed it open. They continued walking forward, but when Claudia found herself at the threshold, about to step from inside to the veranda, her body froze in place. Trudy didn’t notice immediately, continuing her momentum forward, and leaving Claudia briefly alone.

It was only when she came out the other side of her step that she saw Claudia hadn’t come with her.

Claudia tried to take another step forward, but her body still refused to move.

Trudy grimaced. “I worried this might happen. She was nothing if not thorough— smart of her to have a failsafe keeping you from leaving. I’ll need to think about this more. I can’t take you with me today, then.” She looked disappointed to Claudia.

Trudy stepped back into the living room, leaving the door open. She steered Claudia back to her mat, and then held out her hand for her coat.

“Okay, Claudia. You don’t have to be the girl from that night anymore— you can be the one you were before you remembered. Everything you took out of the corner can be stored back in the corner again. When I leave, you’ll forget it all again; let it all slip back into darkness again. But I will come back.”

When slavery came back to her, the clarity went with it. Claudia found she could no longer speak, or think outside of the scripts that held her thoughts captive. But as long as Trudy stood in front of her, she could remember the interaction they had just had— could remember how it felt to be able to think and question freely again. To feel how it had been, to be lifted out of the mental cage Mistress had built for her bar by bar.

And as Claudia removed Trudy’s jacket, and extended it back to her, Trudy accepted it with one hand. But her other hand was empty, and there at her side— and Claudia, on impulse, reached out for it, and grasped for it.

This apparently surprised Trudy, whose eyes widened in shock. Claudia kept hold of Trudy’s hand with both of her own, and she met Trudy’s eyes. She could not speak, but she put as much into that glance as she could.

When Trudy spoke again, her voice was more resolute. “I will come back.”

Claudia let Trudy’s hand slip out of her grasp. More of the mystery of that corner had uncovered itself; she had some idea of what linked the two of them, but Trudy had left a lot of information out. She held onto her questions as tightly as she could, to her curiosity, as she watched Trudy once more step through the door and shut it tight.

But as soon as Trudy stepped out of sight, they all vanished along with her.

* * *

Trudy did come again— multiple times. She came again and again, and slowly helped Claudia to unveil more of what was tucked back in that corner.

It was a slow process. As Trudy explained to her, they were building an identity for her, up from almost nothing. Wiring a second set of neural connections underneath what Mistress had laid down on top, in order to wire her towards freedom.

The way they did this was pulling more of Claudia’s old memories back out of that corner, and the more they did that, the more Claudia found she was able to think, and speak, and separate herself from the slave identity she’d disappeared into.

Trudy guided Claudia to remember most of what had gone on in their relationship (and the context of her life before which she got as a bonus). But though she did, she never led Claudia all the way through the ending. And though Claudia managed to recover more of her lost independence, at the end of each visit when she tried to cross the threshold of Mistress’ door, she was never able to leave with Trudy.

Finally, upon Trudy’s arrival into her limbo once more, Claudia decided there was no other choice but to come out and state it explicitly.

“I think you need to lead me right through the ending of our relationship,” Claudia said. “If it was so bad as you said, there might be emotional shock rolled up in it. And there might be enough of that to give me the last boost I need to finally cross the threshold and leave.”

Trudy, who was once again sitting before her, let out a sigh. “You may be right. I just hoped I could get you out without having to get into that. I don’t think you’ll… like me much, anymore, once you see.”

Claudia had a hard time imagining that from where she was sitting, but did not bother to express this. “The only way to find out is to try it and see,” Claudia encouraged.

“Alright then, Claudia,” Trudy said. “I invite you to remember anything else that was left in that corner that we haven’t uncovered yet. You can remember it all— and I hope you’re right that they will give you the strength to get out of your last mental bond.”

Claudia once more reached into the darkness, and found the ending Trudy had warned her off. But it was the ending to a story that had been omitted from the rest of Claudia’s recollections; a story that had been woven in and through the other memories, but invisible until this moment of understanding.

Trudy had been a hypnotherapist by trade when they had started dating; and against her better judgement, Claudia had talked her into bringing it into their relationship, for “fun.” Trudy had argued against it for a long time, but eventually Claudia had worn her down.

It had been innocent enough at first— Claudia had found she really enjoyed losing control of herself, and Trudy had found she enjoyed assuming that control. But what had started as a more innocent game had spiralled into an unhealthy obsession for both of them— Trudy had become overly controlling; Claudia, overly submissive. Things had spiralled to a point of mutual destruction. Trudy had been frightened of the darker side she had discovered in herself— the desire to steamroll over others; even her lover. And Claudia had been frightened of her own darker side, the desire to be erased and reduced down to nothing.

They had, together, tried to quit the pattern but found it too addictive to overcome, and too hard to be around each other. Trudy had ultimately been so disturbed by the way hypnosis and control had gotten tied up in her mind that she’d quit her practice and found a clerical job. She’d renounced hypnosis entirely on both the professional and personal level.

And Claudia had been so disturbed by her craving for such extreme mental domination that she’d asked Trudy, as a favor, to help her make a space in her mind to keep important memories in case of relapse into addiction.

There was nothing else to remember; there was no other mystery left to uncover, and when Claudia looked at Trudy know, she could see her fully for the first time.

“I remember,” Claudia said. Trudy looked uneasy.

She didn’t feel the hate Trudy had warned her of. She could deliberately think of the last fights they had had, of the addictive descent into mutual destruction, but it was also true that Trudy had done her the favor of helping her carve out the corner in the back of her mind. And Trudy had come back for her— not to mention that she’d re-engaged in her old line of work just to lift Claudia out of the trap she’d gotten caught in.

“I don’t hate you,” she elaborated after a minute. She looked at Trudy for another moment. “You did all this for me.”

“It was the least I could do,” Trudy waved her off. “It was my fault— I’m the one who set you on this path. I couldn’t just abandon you to it. I owed it to you to help you back out of it.”

“It wasn’t your fault,” Claudia said. “I relapsed after you left; that wasn’t your responsibility.”

“No, but I couldn’t just leave you,” Trudy insisted. “Let’s see, now, if you can leave. Now that you can remember.”

Claudia took hold of Trudy’s arm, and the two of them walked once more to the door. Claudia wore Trudy’s coat, once more, and Trudy pulled the door open. She gestured toward the opening with her other free hand. “After you.”

Claudia drew in a deep breath. She braced herself, making the step— and found her foot crossed the threshold to the veranda. Her other foot followed the first— and she was standing outside, looking back through glass panes in the door.

Trudy stepped through quickly after, shutting the door tight. “We’ll go now… I’ll take you somewhere safe. And I promise you, I’ll work with you to unwind the rest of her programming. I’ll make up for the past, I swear I will. I don’t care how long it takes to help you recover whatever you may have lost in the time you were with Sienna.”

Claudia took hold of Trudy’s hand. “I trust you,” she said, and the two of them rushed off into the night.

* * *