The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Unnoticed Arrival

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2021.

* * *

“Have you ever heard of trance?” Nicole was asking her.

Mara frowned, and didn’t know what to make of the question. She couldn’t think of a time when she’d heard that word before.

“What did you say?”

“Trance,” Nicole repeated. “Have you heard of it?”

“I can’t say that I have,” was Mara’s only possible response, so she said it.

The two of them were sitting out on Nicole’s back deck, under the overhanging branches of her backyard tree, which came a little too close to the house to strictly be safe.

Mara didn’t know Nicole all that well— but there was lots that Mara didn’t know. At times like this, she was painfully aware of this fact. She often felt like there was more that she didn’t know than there was that she did.

And she and Nicole had only hung out a few times— theirs was only a budding friendship— but even in those few times, Mara had gotten the sense that Nicole was knowledgeable. There were many things that she knew that Mara just did not.

She was a little ashamed to be caught out on this, though. She shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

Nicole seemed surprised by her answer. “Really? You’ve never heard of it at all?”

“I haven’t,” Mara repeated, feeling a little singled out. She hugged her arms in closer around her body as she sat there.

“That’s rare,” Nicole commented. “Usually most people have heard of it somewhere. Just through cultural osmosis… or as an idiom that comes up in conversation. You’ve never heard of it at all?”

“No, and I don’t really want to keep answering the same question over and over,” Mara said, her voice short. She was starting to feel almost as if Nicole were mocking her, and she didn’t like it.

“Sorry, I’m not judging you,” Nicole reassured her. “I’m just… thrown. It’s unusual to find someone who has never heard of it at all. You haven’t heard of trance… or hypnosis?” Nicole was watching her closely as she spoke the words.

Mara only shook her head. She wouldn’t bother giving words to the gesture when she’d already explained she didn’t want to talk about it anymore.

“Really unusual,” Nicole repeated, more to herself than to Mara.

“I bet you want to explain it to me now, since I’ve never heard of it. Don’t you?”

Nicole’s eyes widened, and she shook her head. “Oh, no. You said you didn’t want to talk about it anymore, so I won’t bore you with explanations. Besides, if you really wanted to know about it, I wouldn’t explain it to you. I’d show it to you.”

“Show it to me?” Mara asked. She was starting to feel a little intrigued, despite herself. “Show it to me how?”

“I could put you in a trance,” Nicole clarified. “I’ve done it before. I know how. I’d almost be curious to do it… you have no exposure to the concept, no preconceptions… I wonder if you would even be susceptible.”

“Why would I want you to do something to me when I have no idea what that thing is?” Mara pushed back.

“Clearly you wouldn’t,” Nicole said. “But just since you asked, I was making a point. If you wanted to know more about it, I’d just show you how it feels, give it to you as an experience. But it probably wouldn’t work on you anyway, since you have no idea what to expect and you’ve never felt anything like it before.”

Nicole’s voice held a note of finality. As if the conversation would be moving on soon, and when it moved it would never come back to this point again.

But Mara didn’t like being told what she could and couldn’t do. Or how she would or would not feel in any given situation. For the sake of her pride alone (which was wounded more often than not by her gaps in knowledge, as it already had been once today in this very interaction), she wouldn’t let the conversation go just yet.

“Don’t say I wouldn’t be able to experience it,” Mara pushed back again. “You don’t know what I can and can’t do. Maybe I could go into a trance, even though I’ve never heard of them before. There’s no reason to believe I couldn’t.”

“Well, I didn’t mean to offend you,” Nicole said, apologetic. “The only way to know, really, would be to try it. Is that something that you think you would want to do?”

Mara considered it. She felt she had a point to prove now. She didn’t like hearing that she couldn’t do something, no matter what it was. And she didn’t want to allow that judgement of her to stand.

So even though she had no idea what Nicole was talking about, and even though she’d been uninterested in it just a few minutes before, Mara decided to say: “Yes, that is something I’d want to do.”

Nicole was clearly surprised by this answer, but she didn’t question Mara on her decision or press her for more information. “Well, that’s fine,” she said. “I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really expecting you to agree. But how exciting— I’ve never tranced someone who had no previous experience of it, and I am excited to see how it will go for you.”

Now that Mara had agreed, she was feeling a little nervous as she sat there. She’d essentially agreed to a complete unknown, and she had no idea what to expect.

She could feel that her position in Nicole’s patio chair had already shifted to reflect this. She was sitting more stiffly, holding more tension in her body, and she knew Nicole could see it.

“Are you going to… trance me… right now?” The lingo felt strange in her mouth.

“We don’t have to do it today,” Nicole reassured her, giving her a comforting squeeze on her arm, where she was resting it on the patio table. “Besides, I need some time to think about how exactly I’m going to do it for you. Since you’ve really never felt it before, I don’t just want to do the same thing I’ve done in the past. Why don’t we say you’ll come back tomorrow and we’ll do it then?”

Mara exhaled in relief. “Yes, that sounds better— I can adjust to the idea between then and now.”

“And I can prepare my method,” Nicole agreed. As she spoke, she pushed back from the patio table and stood.

Mara decided to follow this cue. After all, she would be back tomorrow. There was no reason to drag out today’s visit, since she knew she’d shortly be back.

And she was still feeling a little nervous in Nicole’s company, with the addition of the unknown experience she’d proposed. Getting out of her company would be a relief to Mara.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, then,” Mara said, and she knew the relief was audible in her voice, because she could hear it herself.

“I’ll just ask one thing,” Nicole caught her, as she tried to start walking away.

Mara turned back to look at her. “What?”

“Don’t spoil yourself,” Nicole added, with a smile. “You’ve never heard anything about trance or hypnosis before— keep it that way, so you can go into it tomorrow completely blind.”

It was an odd request, but Mara had gone this long without ever reading up on those topics before. What was one more day?

“Alright,” Mara agreed. “I promise. I won’t spoil myself.”

She hadn’t been planning on doing it, anyway. She’d made the agreement too recently, she hadn’t had time to even think of following through with its alternative. If she’d had the time, she might have come around to being curious and looking trance up later in the evening. But now that she had promised Nicole, she wouldn’t. She would go in blind, at Nicole’s request.

“Good,” Nicole said, with a smile. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

* * *

The next day, when Mara went around the back of Nicole’s house to look for her on her back deck, she found she wasn’t sitting outside waiting for her as she had been each of the few previous times that Mara had been over.

So Mara turned to double back, to walk around to the front door and knock— but before she could, Nicole appeared in her own open doorway.

“Oh, Mara, good. I hoped it was you— I heard your footsteps coming around the fence. You can just come right inside.”

Mara accepted this invitation, and climbed the steps of Nicole’s back porch to follow in through her backdoor. Nicole had already disappeared through it, beyond Mara’s line of sight, so Mara had no choice but to follow.

Inside, Nicole’s house looked the same as the other times that Mara had visited. She hadn’t rearranged anything inside to make preparations for this day. There was no sign that anything was about to happen in this room, but Mara felt trepidatious anyway.

“Why don’t we both just sit?” Nicole suggested.

Mara sat. Nicole’s living room was always an interesting place to be, namely because she “didn’t believe in couches” and preferred to have sets of individual chairs. The two that sat in her living room were square-shaped in a modern style, and gray in color to blend in with the room.

Mara took her place in one, and Nicole took her place in the other.

“Did you keep your promise?” Nicole asked.

Mara nodded. She had. She’d been tempted to break it a few times the night before, but ultimately she’d decided to stick with it. Though she’d been curious for some hint of what to expect, in the end, she’d decided it would be better to have no pre-conceptions.

“I’ll tell you that there’s a chance you won’t be able to achieve trance,” Nicole said next. She recited it as if it were something she needed to get out of the way before she could go on. “Some people never do. And since you’ve had no exposure, there’s no way to know if you’re one in their number.”

Mara nodded again. Her nerves were coming back to her now— she was staring into a complete unknown. It had caught up to her— it was right ahead of her now; it had come for her, and she didn’t know what to do about its arrival. She’d never been good at facing up to unknowns— and as she sat staring into it, the only thing she felt, apart from paralysis, was fear.

“I’m not going to tell you what trance will feel like,” Nicole was still speaking, even though Mara was partly distracted from her words by her own internal experience of that moment. “I want to see if you can experience it— but I also want to know what it feels like for you, if you can feel it— since you’ve never felt anything like it before.”

How? was the only thought in Mara’s mind— otherwise silenced by fear, but she didn’t speak it. She had no idea what to expect, and she was anxiously waiting to see what Nicole would do next.

“That being said, I do have an idea for how I’ll try to lead you there,” she amended. “But I’m not going to tell you that ahead of time either. Just make a note for yourself that as of this moment, I’ve undertaken the process.”

Mara looked across to Nicole, drawing her attention outwards from where it had been hosted inside of herself. As of this moment— it had been undertaken?

This confused Mara even more. What had been undertaken? What did that mean? There had been no obvious change, as of that moment that Nicole had demarcated. She’d made a statement about her intentions for the immediate future— or a statement of what she would not be doing in the immediate future, and then a statement of commencement.

There was nothing special about either one— the statement of her intentions had been almost identical to what she’d said just the minute before, about not giving Mara any explanations, or expectations. Where was the start? What made it the start, what made it special? What was happening now that was any different from what had happened before?

Mara’s mind was racing— looking for any sign, any hint of what Nicole was trying to do. Any sign of something new… the new experience that Mara was completely ignorant of.

So far she saw nothing: Nicole was looking at her, she was looking at Nicole. They were both sitting in the brightly lit room— there were faint noises coming in from Nicole’s backyard, through the backdoor that Mara now realized she hadn’t closed after them when they’d come inside. There were no other sounds besides these.

But there was nothing obviously new: she’d been in Nicole’s living room a few times before. And Nicole wasn’t doing anything at all— just sitting and looking at her.

“Tell me if it’s working yet,” Nicole said, with a calm look on her face.

“I can’t tell,” Mara admitted. “I don’t know what’s supposed to be happening— I wouldn’t know how to tell if it was working or not. You haven’t told me what to expect.”

“And I won’t,” Nicole reaffirmed. “But even though I’ve given you no hints, there must be something you expect— privately, in your own mind.”

“Something new,” Mara provided. It seemed natural to volunteer the information. There was so much internal confusion, and a kind of tiredness from watching everything so sharply— the tiredness was too much to hold any information back. Mara just didn’t have the energy to withhold. “That’s the only thing I can expect, since you’ve given me no other information. Something new that I haven’t felt before— and I should be able to recognize when it comes in… but I’m looking for it, and I don’t see it.”

“That’s a fair expectation,” Nicole said. “I won’t tell you if it’s a reasonable one or not. But it’s fair. Thank you for telling me.”

Mara felt added frustration. Nicole was giving her no information, and blocking her attempts to get it at every turn. It was tiring; she was so on edge, watching for any hint of whatever was going to come that it was exhausting. The only sliver of hope was the idea of convincing Nicole to let her know what was supposed to be coming— to give Mara something that she could expect, but Nicole was refusing, and she clearly wasn’t about to change her mind. And Mara knew from her brief time as Nicole’s friend that she had very little power to change her mind, which meant she likely wouldn’t be able to convince her.

But it was strange… strange the way that watching the room around them so closely was making her so tired. She’d had a good night’s sleep last night, so why should she be tired now? And why should watching the room be making her tired— yes, she was watching closely, looking for the entrance of that new thing she didn’t know how to expect… but she was watching so closely that the colors seemed brighter… the sounds seemed louder… time seemed slower.

She couldn’t remember the last time she’d concentrated this hard. It was making her tired, and frustrated too, because she was concentrating, but there was nothing to concentrate on. For all her waiting and watching, nothing had showed up yet.

“How long are we going to keep doing this?” Mara asked, but that felt odd too— her tongue seemed too heavy in her mouth, and when she spoke, she could only get it to move lethargically. So her words came out sounding weird— slurring together and then hitching in odd places.

Mara forged on, trying to speak more anyway. “Won’t there be a point when it becomes clear that it’s not going to happen for me?”

“Of course there will,” Nicole said, with a serene smile. “But we aren’t even close to that point yet.”

“But nothing is happening,” Mara slurred, unevenly.

“The process has been playing out this whole time,” Nicole countered, with a shake of her head. “Maybe you’ve just missed it. Why don’t you tell me how you feel again?”

Mara opened her mouth to speak again, but time seemed to being slowing down more the longer she sat there. And her tongue seemed to be getting heavier just as time slowed down… it was even harder to speak now then it had been the minute before…

“I… feel… frustrated… tired… on edge, but… hard to… speak…”

By the end of that sentence, Mara’s tongue had become like a weight sitting along the floor of her mouth, and it didn’t seem like there was anything she could do to lift it again. It would be too much effort to speak… it was too much to keep looking around the room, and taking everything in. All she wanted to do was look at Nicole, now.

And Nicole was smiling. “It’s too hard to talk now, isn’t it, Mara?”

Mara managed half of a nod.

“You’re tired, aren’t you?”

Another half-nod— it seemed to take more effort the second time.

“You don’t want to have to speak— or think— at all, anymore, do you?”

Mara twitched her head once to the side in a partial attempt at shaking her head no. Nicole had understood what she meant.

“Follow that tiredness down to where it’s leading you— get more tired, sink back into your chair, now.”

Mara did as she was told. It was a different feeling for her; she didn’t often do as others told her, but for whatever reason, when Nicole told her now, she listened. She was getting even more tired now— her eyelids were heavy, and her body was moving back, sinking more deeply into the chair where she sat.

“Keep following it— if you want to let your eyelids fall closed, you can do that. You don’t need to keep watching anymore. I’ll let you know if the thing you’ve been waiting for shows up.”

Mara closed her eyes— it was more comfortable.

“I’m going to count backwards from five now, Mara,” Nicole told her. Mara’s only response was to breathe evenly, and hang there from the chair, her head resting against the top of the chair behind her.

“Five… four… three, two… one.”

Nothing happened, the same way that nothing had been happening the entire time that Mara had been sitting there and waiting. Mara felt more of the same way she’d been feeling: frustrated, and so, so tired.

“That was only a practice run, Mara,” Nicole assured her. “The next time I do it, it will work. And something will happen on the other side of the countdown. You’re far enough along now that I’ll tell you what it is that will happen.”

That was something at least— finally some information, when Nicole had been withholding it until this moment.

“I’m going to count back from five, and when I get to zero, you will be in a trance for me. I’ll let you in on something though, Mara— you’re most of the way into one already.”

Mara’s eyes were closed, and too heavy to open again, otherwise she might have stared at Nicole in shock. When had it happened? She’d been watching so closely… how had it slipped past her?

What did it even mean to be in a trance? Mara still didn’t understand, that either.

“I’m going to do a second countdown to lock it in for you. But I could have just left it at that first countdown— you’re essentially in a trance for me already, so my counting down to zero and leaving things exactly as they are would have been equally accurate representation of your state. You’re basically in a trance right now. I’m just going to make it more formal. But at this point, it is only a formality.”

Mara couldn’t do much other then sit there and listen— but she was feeling concerned about what Nicole was saying. She felt vulnerable, like this, when she was so tired. What was Nicole going to do with that vulnerability?

“When I reach zero, you’ll be in a nice deep trance for me. This means that you will listen to everything I say… the way you’ve already been doing. You’ll obey any command that I give… believe anything that I tell you to believe… do anything I tell you to do. Once you hear me say, “zero,” all of this will lock into your mind. In return, that feeling of frustration I know you’re holding will be gone. You won’t feel frustrated anymore— you won’t be looking around, or waiting. You’ll just… be. At peace. You won’t be thinking. You won’t be on edge. You’ll just be.”

It did sound peaceful, Mara thought… but even beneath the feelings she had inside which were closest to the surface, she had to admit that it seemed like some elements of what Nicole was telling her were already present. Apart from the sense of anticipation and the frustration, there was that sleepy feeling… and the sleepy feeling had increased and increased throughout the time Mara had been sitting there.

If Mara only focused on that feeling, she could see the parallels to what Nicole had described. That sleepiness made her so lethargic… so thoughtless… that it sounded easy to do as she was told.

She could picture herself doing all the things Nicole had claimed; could picture herself doing whatever Nicole said, believing whatever Nicole told her. It sounded easier— easier than thinking for herself. That sleepy side of her would definitely get on board quickly.

But if this was what trance was, Mara was regretting letting Nicole lead her into it. It sounded like Nicole was going to be wielding a great amount of power over her, and Mara didn’t trust her not to abuse that power. She didn’t know her very well at all. And if she was going to be completely under Nicole’s control— how long would it last? Would Nicole keep her that way forever? And what would Nicole change around in her head while Mara was under her control?

Mara felt like she was staring into an unknown once again, but this unknown was more frightening than the previous one. She didn’t exactly trust Nicole— and Nicole was soon to be wielding ultimate power over her. She didn’t know what that experience would be like— or who she would be on the other side of it. There was no way to know, and no way to stop it from happening.

All Mara could do was sit there. Sit there, suspended, staring into that unknown.

“You understand me, don’t you Mara?” Nicole asked. “Say yes if you do.”

“Yes,” Mara said, on command.

“I told you you were basically already there,” Nicole said. “But we’ll make it official. Five, four, three, two, one,… zero.”

There was no obvious change— Nicole had been right when she’d told Mara she was most of the way there. The only noticeable difference was that Mara’s sense of frustration was gone— and her sense of waiting, feeling on edge while she kept herself on the lookout— that was gone too.

All she felt now was a sense of peace… it had overwritten her mouth with a smile… she was smiling now, so happily not thinking. If she needed to think anything, Nicole would tell her… Nicole would tell her everything she needed to do and believe, now… and Mara would listen, because everything Nicole said was true… would always be true.

It was so beautifully simple… and the truth of it felt so good in her body.

So she would just keep smiling… and when eventually Nicole spoke again, and told her something to do or be… she would do it, or be it… still with the same smile on her face.

* * *