The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

fd, fm, mc,

synopsis: Josh and Monica talk about New Year’s resolutions.

((Author’s Note: This installment of Josh and Monica’s hypnotic adventures was actually written before the Halloween one but it makes more sense to share it with you all at the beginning of the year. Have a wonderful 2021.))

Too Many Questions — Resolutions

Monica:

Hello, Josh. It’s been a while.

Josh:

Hi. Yeah, that’s true. I’m sorry. I’ve been awfully busy since the year started. How have you been doing?

Monica:

I’m fine, thank you.

Josh:

Fine, huh? Not sure I like the sound of that.

Monica:

Why not?

Josh:

Fine is such a throwaway word. It can mean anything or nothing at all. From my experience, people often use it in a dismissive way.

Monica:

I see. Point taken, Josh. I’ve been doing great, then. Busy all the time too but a good busy. That’s what happens when a handful of new subjects comes your way.

Josh:

Oh, okay.

Monica:

You sound disappointed.

Josh:

No, it’s fine.

Monica:

<chuckles> Getting under your skin is so much fun, my dear. Of course, your mind is better. Did you have fun with your sisters?

Josh:

I had a few weird dreams about them if that’s what you’re asking.

Monica:

It wasn’t, but I can work with that. Dreams, huh? Nothing strange happened since the last time we talked?

Josh:

No, I just dreamed a lot. About them... about you...

Monica:

Not all ‘weird’ dreams, I hope.

Josh:

You already know how it goes. I don’t remember them too well. I do for a bit when I wake up but then the impressions just fade away.

Monica:

Nothing ever truly fades away when it comes to our subconscious mind. I’m sure those impressions will come back to you eventually.

Josh:

That would be nice.

Monica:

What have you been busy with?

Josh:

Work, work and... oh yeah, more work.

Monica:

Just work? No fun at all?

Josh:

Well, work can be fun.

Monica:

True, expect when it isn’t. Too much work can make a person feel drained and grumpy. I’m sure you don’t want that.

Josh:

I certainly don’t but when things need to be done, there isn’t really much of a choice, is there?

Monica:

You can always choose to take a step back, take some time to yourself. If your thoughts are cluttered, there’s nothing like a few moments of leisure to help you unwind, make you see things a different way. I know you know this to be true so I hope you don’t mind the reminder.

Josh:

I don’t. Thank you for the concern but I promise you I’m...

Monica:

<smirks> ... fine?

Josh:

Okay, Monica. However, I need to get back to work, soon.

Monica:

Not so fast. First, we talk for a bit. You obviously need it, so don’t you dare say otherwise.

Josh:

What happens if I do?

Monica:

Trust me, you don’t really want to know.

Josh:

You’re really serious, aren’t you?

Monica:

I’m always serious and everything I say is the truth, remember?

Josh:

Right... so what do you want to talk about?

Monica:

I don’t know... Tell me about your New Year’s Resolutions.

Josh:

I didn’t make any. I never do.

Monica:

Why not?

Josh:

I don’t see the point to them. Most of the times, they’re nothing but vague promises of action that no one takes seriously, anyway. Making resolutions and not sticking to them is the same as nothing so it’s better not to waste one’s time to begin with.

Monica:

And have you always thought this way?

Josh:

<pauses> Yes.

Monica:

You hesitated for a second there. I suppose that’s one way to look at things but, the way I see it, resolutions aren’t the real problem rather the unrealistic expectations people often attach to them. Thinking small is wrong because it limits our potential for growth but so is thinking too big for it only leads to frustration if things don’t turn out the way we imagined. Although imagination is infinite, action can never be so because we’re humans after all and nothing lasts forever. Have you been burned out by resolutions in the past, Josh? Is that why you don’t like them?

Josh:

I’m not going to answer that, sorry.

Monica:

I think you already did. It’s amazing what people say when they don’t want to say anything at all. I respect that. Let me tell you about mine then.

Josh:

Okay. What are you hoping to achieve this year?

Monica:

Many things actually. Finishing my book is definitely up there.

Josh:

You’re writing a book? Really?

Monica:

I’ve been writing it for quite some time now. Didn’t we talk about it before?

Josh:

I don’t think so. What’s it all about?

Monica:

Oh, a collection of memories from all my years as a Domme. I’ve been doing this for a while. Plenty of stories to tell.

Josh:

Sounds interesting.

Monica:

Thank you. I think so, too. I’ve been reminiscing a lot about how it all began, the mistakes I made along the way, the things I did in order to prevent them from happening again. It’s been an enlightening journey and I hope others will be able to appreciate it as well when I’m done. Almost there.

Josh:

Amazing stuff. I could never do that.

Monica:

Write a book?

Josh:

Yeah, that’s not me at all.

Monica:

Until the day you realize you suddenly are... Change is in the air, everywhere you look around...

Josh:

Isn’t that love?

Monica:

That too. Isn’t it amazing the things people do for love?

Josh <sighs> What else are you looking forward to?

Monica:

Losing twenty pounds.

Josh:

Seriously?

Monica:

Yeah, I’m overweight. I need to drop them. And I will. I’m sure of it.

Josh:

That’s surprising. I never thought...

Monica:

Of course, you didn’t. You’ve never seen my face, don’t know what I look like for real but, since the beginning, you have this idea of me inside your mind that’s perfect and immutable. I know you see me as a living Goddess and, for that construct to work, you need to populate it only with the aspirations that make sense to you. Being overweight is definitely not one of them so you push it aside just like you push aside anything else that compromises what you want to believe in about me. Fantasies are lovely and all until we start forgetting that there are real people behind them, subject to the same constraints and everyday problems as everyone else.

Josh:

Are you saying I do that when it comes to you?

Monica:

I’m not saying anything but... don’t you? Isn’t it easier for you to not think I’m just like you but rather superior? Superior beings are above the trifling matters of men precisely because they’re superior. They probably don’t need to eat, sleep, or have fun. They never get sick either. All they do is sit on their shining throne, look down, and snap their fingers when they want something done. That’s how it works, isn’t it?

Josh:

Of course not. That’s absurd!

Monica:

Which part?

Josh:

Huh?

Monica:

Of everything I’ve said so far, which part do you think it’s absurd? Anything in particular or all of it? I would really like to know where you stand if you would be so kind to indulge me.

Josh:

Why are you asking so many questions again?

Monica:

Because if I don’t, you will never answer and right now that’s what I need. Don’t you want to make sure my needs are met?

Josh:

Yes, Monica.

Monica:

That’s a good boy but don’t go there yet. For now, just focus on the idea of absurd. Common sense tells us that absurd things are those that are ridiculously unreasonable, unsound or incongruous. They have no rational or orderly relationship to human life and are therefore meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Everything I say is the truth and yet it seems some of it is absurd as well but how can the truth be absurd? Don’t the two concepts contradict and annul each other? If they do, how do you know where to put your trust? Unless they don’t, of course. Unless no matter how strange and absurd the things I say sound, they are true anyway because everything I say is indeed true. Perhaps absurd is actually another synonym for truth after all, don’t you agree?

Josh:

I don’t know what to say about that.

Monica:

Hmmm... let’s make things easier for you then. I know you have a hard time with the word ‘no’ when I’m around but tonight I want you to use it as often as possible. Let’s play a game. I’m going to type a series of sentences and you are to concur or disagree with them by either typing ‘yes’ or ‘no’. That’s right, only ‘yes’ or ‘no’ because if you type anything else, you’ll lose focus. Please do this for me and I promise you it will be worth it.

Josh:

Okay.

Monica:

Ready? First sentence. It’s true that I don’t need to eat.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that I don’t need to sleep.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that I don’t need to take good care of myself.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that if I find myself thinking that any of the preceding sentences is true, I’m not being truthful at all.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that I believe Monica doesn’t need to eat.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that I believe Monica doesn’t need to sleep.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that I believe Monica doesn’t need to take good care of herself.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that I believe Monica is a Goddess.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true I don’t like being asked too many questions.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that I’ve just read a question.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that even though I don’t like being asked too many questions, it feels good to answer them for Monica, anyway.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Answering Monica’s questions is one way to follow her and it’s true I enjoy doing that.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that following her is better than leading.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that I’m following her right now.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that I never make New Year’s Resolutions because they’re a waste of time.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that six times two equals eight.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that the first month of the year is April.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It’s true that I’ve agreed to only respond to these sentences with only ‘yes’ or ‘no’.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true I could have chosen not to do this at all.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true I chose to do this to follow Monica’s lead.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that I resolved to do this.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

If it’s true that I resolved to do this then I just made a resolution.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

If it’s true that I just made a resolution, then it’s false that I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions because it is a new year after all.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s true that what I said before was false then.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

If what I said before was false, then it’s true I lied to Monica.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Lying to Monica is wrong and she has the right to be upset with me.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I love it when Monica is upset with me.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It makes me feel good knowing Monica is upset with me.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

Making sure Monica is upset with me is the thing I love most in this world.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

It is my sole desire to have Monica be upset with me for the rest of my life.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

I’m still reading these attentively.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I enjoy reading these attentively.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I must continue reading these attentively.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I have resolved to read these attentively.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I just made another resolution.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Making resolutions and acting on them pleases Monica.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I like it when Monica is pleased with me.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I want Monica to be pleased with me.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Pleasing Monica is something I must always keep in mind.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Pleasing Monica makes everything else become easier to achieve.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I have resolved to please Monica.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I just made another resolution.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I’ve made four resolutions since I started reading these sentences.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

I’ve made three resolutions since I started reading these sentences.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Resolution number two was to read these sentences attentively.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Resolution number one was to respond to these sentences with only ‘yes’ or ‘no’.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I’ve been entranced just by reading these sentences.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Entranced boys obey. I can only stop responding to these sentences if Monica tells me to.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I want to stop reading these sentences right now.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

I need to stop reading these sentences right now.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

I will stop reading these sentences right now.

Josh:

No.

Monica:

I have resolved not to stop reading these sentences because I want to follow Monica’s lead.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

I just made another resolution.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

The more resolutions I make, the happier Monica is.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Monica deserves to be happy.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Monica must be happy.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Monica will be happy.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Monica is a Goddess.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Monica is your Goddess.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Monica will always be your Goddess.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

You have resolved to always think of Monica as a Goddess even when you don’t want to think at all.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

Worshipping your Goddess means you need to take care of yourself first.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

You just made another resolution.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

It’s hard for you to remember how long it’s been since you started reading these sentences.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

You don’t need to remember how long it’s been since you started reading these sentences.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

You will not remember how long it’s been since you started reading these sentences.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

In a moment, you will not remember reading these sentences.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

When you stop reading these sentences, you will not even remember starting this conversation at all.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

You have resolved to agree to all of this.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

You just made another resolution.

Josh:

Yes.

Monica:

See how easy it is? Even easier to return to me. Waking up at the count of five. Your chat screen will be blank and so will your thoughts. Everything will start anew for you and me. One, two, three, four and... five.

Josh:

.........

Monica:

Hello, Josh. It’s been a while.

Josh:

Hi. Yeah, that’s true. I’m sorry. I’ve been awfully busy since the year started. How have you been doing?

Monica:

Just wonderful, my dear.

Josh:

That’s good to hear. Is there anything you wanted to talk about?

Monica:

Oh, just curious about your New Year’s Resolutions if you have any, that is.

Josh:

Lots of them. One of them is more important than the rest though.

Monica:

And that is...?

Josh:

Pleasing you, my Goddess. What else?

Monica:

I can’t think of anything better but only if...

Josh:

... I take care of myself first.

Monica:

Exactly. Because everybody needs to eat, sleep...

Josh:

... and have fun.

Monica:

Even Goddesses. Are you up for a little bit of fun, Josh?

Josh:

Yes, Monica.

Monica:

I figured as much. Can you guess what I have in mind for you right now?

Josh:

No. That would be absurd. I never know what’s on your mind.

Monica:

Then why do I always know what’s on yours?

Josh:

Because you’re the only one there.

Monica:

Exactly. And now for my resolution of the day...

Josh:

<getting hard> Y-yes?

Monica:

Let’s play a game...