The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

That Small Town Charm

By doctorpluto

* * *

Mandy couldn’t remember the last time she had received a letter, especially one written on such fancy stationery. She felt a little guilty waiting an hour to open, leaving the fancy letter on top of the little pile of junk mail and bills, but the sheer surprise of receiving it intimidated her. It was from a “Fiona Collins”, a name that didn’t mean much to her at that moment beyond a vague familiarity. The return address was from a town called ‘Bliss’ located somewhere out of state.

Her curiosity sufficiently piqued, Mandy got out a pocket knife and ran the blade carefully through the seal, opening the letter and reading it in the light of her desk lamp.

‘Dear Mandy’

‘It’s been so long since we had a chance to talk! I’ve just been so busy around the house since we moved.’

Mandy set the note down, suddenly she realized why the name on the envelope was so familiar. Fiona had been her best friend from high school through college, and the two of them had been damn near inseparable. They watched movies together, listened to the same bands, went to the same seedy bars on weekends. That changed when Fiona met Brad and the two sort of drifted apart until she moved away.

The letter went on to go on, and on and on, about how great things were in Bliss and how good Brad was to her. It was a little hard for Mandy to wrap her head around how this was the same Fiona who was so casual with her relationships. Even her writing was subtly different. And after the update on her love life, Fiona dropped a bombshell on Mandy in neat cursive.

‘You should come visit us this weekend. I think you’ll love it here and I’ve been dying to see you again. Brad said he’ll cover your travel expenses so don’t worry about that. At least consider it and write me back, Mandy Pandy~’

“Mandy Pandy…”She said out loud, a warm and nostalgic smile spreading across her lips. It’d been so long since she’d been called that, Fiona came up with the nickname because of Mandy’s high school fascination with panda bears and it just sort of stuck around. After another hour of waiting for the right response to come to her, Mandy scrounged up a paper and an envelope and wrote up her reply.

‘Fiona’

‘I’m gonna keep this short and sweet because I don’t write letters often. I’m glad to hear you and Brad are doing alright, not much is going on over her. I’d love to come down there to visit, just pick a time and I’ll be there ASAP.’

Later that day, Mandy mailed the letter out and began her wait for a reply. And she waited...and waited...Thankfully, the letter came sooner rather than later: a quick thank-you with an enclosed bus ticket set for the following Saturday. After an afternoon of looking up what she could about the place and what there was to do, started packing her bags. Thankfully she had the vacation days to spare at work, though how long would she stay there realistically? A day or two, and she’d be on her way home; just long enough to take a break from everything.

* * *

The bus ride was uneventful aside from the foggy weather. There were only a handful of other people riding with Mandy, most of them enjoying the relative silence as much as she did. A far cry from the noisy, crowded ones back in the city, and really; how often did people take the bus in a town like Bliss? Probably just to send kids to school, or something like that. Her focus for the two hours was more on what she’ll be doing with Fiona and what they’d be doing for the weekend.

Once they reached her stop, Mandy hopped off without a word and gazed up at the entrance as the bus drove off behind. A sign with “The Town of Bliss Welcomes You” printed on it in glossy cursive stood atop a section of white fence. The fog was just thick enough to paint an impressionistic haze over the lawns and rows of houses, and the stillness of the neighborhood left Mandy with a dream-like, strangely familiar feeling she couldn’t quite pin down or ignore.

“Just like a postcard or something.” she muttered to herself.

Mandy walked along, looking for Fiona’s address on one of the houses. The only other soul with her on the sidewalk was a tall dark-haired man dressed in khakis and a walnut brown button-up shirt. He was standing with his hands in his pockets, occasionally looking around like he was waiting for someone or something. After hesitating for a second, Many approached him, hoping he knew Fiona well enough to give directions to her place.

“Excuse me…” She said, folding her arms across the front of her navy blue jacket as a sudden Autumn chill hit her. “I’m looking for someone, can you help me?”

The man smiled as he turned to face her, a friendly twinkle in his bottle green eyes.

“Hey, you must be Mandy.” He said, strolling over to her. “I’m Henry, Fiona told me you’d be arriving today.”

He reached his arm out for a handshake and Mandy obliged him. She felt a curious warmth come over her as his hand gripped hers. Her love life had been sparse lately, but she had no idea it was ‘get fuzzy feelings from a stranger’s handshake’ bad. And Henry wasn’t bad looking: clean-shaven, lean and fit like he worked out daily, and a warm smile that seemed genuine… but with a hint of something deeper going on. Clean cut, yet with an enigmatic feel about him, and, if his clothes were any indication, the guy had quite a bit of cash on him.

“Are you alright? You look like you’re spacing out.”

“Erm…” Mandy shook her head as the world around her came back into focus. She’d been staring at him without even realizing it, was she that interested in him? “...Sorry, it’s just been a long trip.”

“Oh it’s fine.” Henry chuckled, “I was afraid I had something in my teeth or something… by the way, pardon me but are you a natural redhead?”

Mandy nodded, self-consciously putting her hand up to check her auburn-colored ponytail. “Yeah, you like it?”

“I always thought red hair was pretty on women…” Henry said, looking down at his shoes for a moment. “Anyway, the Collins’ are busy getting things ready for dinner tonight and they asked me to pick you up at the bus stop. We’re going to meet up this evening, if that’s okay.”

“Dinner? I didn’t know Fiona already made plans.” Mandy shrugged, it wasn’t like her to just not tell her about things like that. At least she wasn’t the one paying for the meal.

“It was Brad’s idea, actually...” Henry said, a self-conscious smile on his face. “I suppose I should have mentioned that first. Anyway, if you don’t have any place to stay until this evening, you can hang out at my place.”

“Sounds good.” Mandy said, following behind Henry as he walked. The fog did little to detract from the town’s charm, with well-kept lawns and cozy, albeit uniform looking brick houses. It was quiet in a way that almost unsettled her... sure people were probably sleeping in on a Saturday, but Mandy couldn’t shake the feeling that something was just off.

“This is the place…” Henry said as they reached a sunflower yellow house off to the left side of the street. “It’s a little big but I’m planning on starting a family, so I’m going to need the space you know?”

“That’s cool.” Mandy said, looking over the property with her hands in her jeans pockets. “I can’t say I’m thinking about settling down any time soon, at least not with kids.”

“That’s fine… you’ll change your mind sometime, I know I did.” Henry said.

She followed him up to the door, thinking about the pepper spray she had in her pocket just in case something happened. She was going into a stranger’s house after all, even though nothing about Henry seemed dangerous.

Inside, she was greeted with the sight of tastefully old-fashioned decor. Burgundy carpet, oakwood panelling on the walls, even some vintage ads framed on the walls. The living room was done up in a warm, inviting shade of off-white with a brick fireplace and even a bookshelf lined with classic novels and back issues of National Geographic. Henry took Mandy’s bags and set off to take it upstairs.

“I’ll get the guest room ready. Please, make yourself at home.”

Mandy sat down on the black leather couch, crossing her legs as she relaxed. The couch felt a little overstuffed but it was a far sight more comfortable than her seat on the bus. The grandfather clock in the corner of the room softly ticked away five minutes before Henry returned to the living room.

“Hey,” Mandy said, straightening her posture to look at least a bit presentable in front of him. “Don’t want to be rude but, where’s the TV?”

“Oh, it’s up in the guest room. I don’t watch television myself, I’m more of a reader.” Henry gestured toward the bookcase, “By the way; you did pack something nice for dinner tonight, did you?”

“Oh…” Mandy’s expression soured, “Sorry… I didn’t know we’d be going out to dinner or I’d have brought something.” The truth was, Mandy didn’t really have anything fancy to wear and she didn’t really like the idea of spending money on a dress she’d only wear once or twice. At first, she thought Henry would be upset by this, or at least put off by her lack of foresight, but he just smiled and shrugged.

“That’s alright. Good thing Fiona already picked out an outfit for you then, it’s laid out on the bed upstairs if you want to see… or get changed early.”

Mandy opened her mouth to say something but it just sort of fizzled out on her tongue, what was she concerned about all of a sudden? It was just clothes… clothes bought for her by a friend.

“Sounds good…” She said, standing up.

Henry led her upstairs, stopping at the guest room door as she went inside. The room was decorated with white and sea green wallpaper, with a window letting in some natural light and fresh air on the opposite wall. There was a king-sized bed with mauve sheets, and a set of dark wooden furniture: nightstand, dresser, wardrobe, even a bookshelf packed with old paperbacks.

Mandy approached the bed, looking at the jungle green dress folded neatly atop the mattress. Beside it was a pair of charcoal gray pantyhose with darker gray on the toes that continued down the soles, and even a set of black bra and panties. Completing the outfit was a pair of glossy open-toed high heels, the same rich green as the dress. She wasn’t the type to ever wear this sort of clothing… but it’d be a shame to go all this way and disappoint Fiona.

Mandy stripped down, casually tossing her clothes aside in the corner of the room. Her hands shook slightly as she stepped into the panties, slipping them up her legs. The silky material hugged her crotch perfectly, but she found the bra was just a bit too big for her chest.

“Guess Fiona didn’t get my measurements exactly right…” She muttered, grabbing the pantyhose. At least it wasn’t small enough to be uncomfortable. Mandy sat down on the bed, lifting her legs as she worked the hose up her legs, blushing as the smooth, cool nylon slid up her legs. Her toes wiggled and flexed under the material, it’d been a while before Mandy wore hose but she was still surprised at how… pleasant it was. They felt smooth and cool, and they were just snug enough to hug her legs in just the right way.

Her feet slid easily into the heels. Mandy stood up, holding her arms out to keep balance. She wasn’t at all used to wearing heels, though she did like how they made her feel taller and they were mercifully only three inches, nothing crazy. Some part of her felt silly about this whole thing, like she was in a dollhouse playing dress up.

Mandy’s heart pounded as she walked slowly to the door, taking care not to roll her heel or trip. Fortunately, she had more or less gotten the hang of it by the time she was at the door. Henry’s eyes lit up when he saw her walk out.

“Wow! You’ve cleaned up wonderfully!” He clapped his hands together as she approached him.

“Eh… I don’t know about that.” Mandy said, blushing. Being complimented like that did feel good… It was nice to know she could look good if she tried.

“By the way, could you take your clothes to the laundry please?” Henry said, already on his way down stairs. “It’s down here on the left, you can’t miss it.”

“Sure…” Mandy went back and grabbed her old outfit, humming softly. Henry was letting her stay at his place, the least she could do is pick up after herself.

Slowly, she made her way down the stairs, still not trusting the high heels. On the way to the laundry room, she passed by more pictures of people that looked strangely familiar...though she couldn’t exactly pin down why or who they were. The laundry room smelled like lemon zest, decorated in clean white tiles. Though she could have just dumped her clothes in the basket and let Henry do the rest, Mandy instead opened up the washer and dropped them in.

“I can do my own laundry…” Mandy whispered, measuring out a cup of detergent and putting it in. A crank of the knob and the washing machine rumbled softly to life. Another chore done… Why was she doing chores if she was the guest?

Henry was on the phone when she walked out, though he hung up before she could listen to any of the conversation. He turned to face her, straightening the collar of his shirt.

“Brad called, the restaurant overbooked and we lost our reservations. I hope you don’t mind but I offered to cook.”

“That sucks…” Mandy said, walking over to the couch and sitting down for a moment. “I’m fine with you cooking dinner, I’m not picky when it comes to food.”

Henry hung the receiver up and headed towards the kitchen. “Hey, would you mind if I asked you to help? I just need someone to help chop vegetables and so on.”

Mandy shrugged. “I’m not much of a cook but…”

“Oh, you’ll do just fine..” Henry said, giving her that warm smile of his. Just like that, Mandy felt a little more of her apprehension melt away.

“Sure, why not?” She was smiling as she followed him into the kitchen. It was decorated with marble countertops and pristine white. Henry had already set out everything they needed: Chicken, vegetables, a box of pasta, and some other odds and ends.

“We’re having alfredo with a side salad.” Henry said, getting out a pot and filling it with water. “You can get the salad ready and I’ll work on the pasta.”

Mandy felt the weight of Henry’s words push her towards her little space in the kitchen, everything was already set out for her. She took a kitchen knife and went to work on the lettuce, chopping away with her minimal at best experience in the kitchen.

“You’re doing great…” Henry said, setting the water to boil. “Just let it come naturally.”

“Naturally…” Mandy whispered, swallowing some of her nervousness as she kept on cutting. Why was she even nervous? It was just salad, after all. Gradually, her performance anxiety faded and before she knew it, she’d already cut the lettuce up into perfect little strips for the salad and moved on to the carrots.

“That’s a good girl…” Henry said, his voice like butter. “You’re doing so well.”

“Thanks!” Mandy was smiling now, “It’s really not that hard.”

She couldn’t see her hair brighten in color, turning from a deep auburn to a bright coppery red in flowing streaks. A pleasing warmth settled over Mandy’s body, something she assumed was the heat from the stove. By the time she was done chopping the carrots, her hair was completely changed, the dull straight auburn replaced with luscious copper curls that fell down around her shoulders.

“That’ll do, I’ll work on that while you get the pasta ready.” Henry said, gently caressing his hand over her own.”

“Er… I’m not much of a cook—” Mandy was blushing again.

“Nonsense. I know you can do it, just let it come naturally.”

Mandy pursed her lips, hoping Henry’s confidence in her wasn’t misplaced. He watched her as she took the noodles and broke them in half before carefully dropping them into the boiling water. Despite her heels, she’d shrunken down a couple inches, her skin had grown softer and more clear. As the pasta boiled, she looked around to see the vegetables unattended and Henry was in the living room, reading through one of his books.

“I thought you said you’d finish the salad?” She called out to him, and he just grinned.

“Don’t you remember? You offered to cook so I figured I’d stay out of your way.”

“That’s not what I remember you saying…” Mandy said, frowning. “You said… um…”

Henry put his book down, a concerned frown on his face. “Are you alright?”

A long, slow sigh escaped her lips. “Nevermind…” She said, returning to her work in the kitchen. “I just forgot something.”

Her cooking kept her mind off the confusion of what happened. She didn’t remember offering to cook… but she didn’t remember anything else that could have happened. As she got the chicken ready, everything went much more easily than before. Mandybe she really was a good cook, she’d have to thank Henry for showing her this side of herself. She’d save so much money not ordering takeout so much… and Henry would love her cooking.

As she worked, Henry would look up from his book to watch her progress. Mandy huffed as she felt her rack grow in size and heft, slowly pushing up against her once ill-fitting bra. She swished her hips side to side as they pressed out, giving her a more hourglass shape to better fit her dress. She was just about done with the chicken when she felt Henry close in from behind, putting his arms around her waist.

“You really do fill out that dress so well…” He said, his hands moving down closer to her rump.

“And you told me you weren’t very good in the kitchen, and look at you now!”

Mandy paused, hadn’t she told him she didn’t cook much at all earlier? She very much felt like a good cook, the work was easy for her… but she said the opposite earlier? Oh, she was probably just being modest, she was always so bashful around men.

Minutes later, the chicken alfredo and salad was ready to bring to the table. Mandy looked over the spread with a sense of pride. After all, what good was a woman if she couldn’t cook… This thought soured Mandy’s smile into a confused frown. Was that what she really thought? It was so… reductive and Mandy was a good woman. As much as she tried to reason the notion out of her mind, it just wouldn’t leave, settling deeper into her mind like a splinter.

Henry came into the room again as she was setting the tables.

“Oh honey, that smells divine!” This time, his hand did reach down to stroke her backside when he embraced her. The attention felt good, but Mandy still tensed up. Something felt wrong.

“What’d I do to deserve a wife like you?” He said, leaning closer into the hug, his breath warm on Mandy’s neck. He was running his hands up and down her waist and hips, smiling that warm honeyed smile.

Mandy squirmed under his touch. The word ‘wife’ stuck in her like a thorn. She wasn’t married, especially not to Henry. Sure, he was handsome and kind and charming and… She shook her head, feeling a fleeting ache in her head. Part of her was thinking back to the day they met… but it was today, there was no way they’d have gotten married that quickly. The room was spinning around her, why couldn’t she think?

“Henry…” She looked back at him, her face pale and her lip trembling, “...what’s going on?”

“Are you alright, dear? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“Dear…?” Mandy whimpered.

That word felt like candy laced with poison; not one that was bitter, but rather a poison sweeter than the sugar it was in. She choked on her words, incapable of breaking past this wall that was Henry. What was this strange feeling that had possessed her?

“Honey, if something’s wrong you can talk to me—”

“You’re not my husband…” Mandy spat, her heart pounding in her chest so hard she could barely breathe. “I don’t know what’s happening… what’d you do to me?!”

“Sshh… it’s okay…” Henry pulled her into a tight high, the warmth of his toned body sending shivers down Mandy’s spine. Everything felt like it was melting around her, a smeared mess of emotions and memories. And in the eye of the storm was… him.

Henry picked her up, carrying her gently out of the kitchen and into the den. She felt like a doll in his arms, light and delicate… so easily carried. Her shoes slipped off her feet as he set her down on the couch.

“Don’t worry about dinner, I’ll set the table...” Henry said,caressing her cheek. “...Now why don’t you tell me what’s wrong, Amanda?”

“Henry… what’s going on?” Amanda...Mandy blinked back tears. A shiver ran up her body as Henry snaked his hands down her body to her legs. The way his fingers slid over her nylon-clad thighs was soothing, something sorely needed in her present state.

“Oh you’re just adjusting.” He continued rubbing up and down her legs as he spoke.

It was getting harder for Amanda to hold onto herself. Was she a good cook? Was she a wife? Was she afraid? Everything had changed so suddenly, and she couldn’t be sure of her own memories. He lifted up her feet, delicately tracing a finger over one of her soles. His smile warmed as he watched her shiver and moan softly in response.

“You’re so close… Can you remember the day we met?”

Mandy flexed her toes, her whole body tingling starting from her legs and radiating through her body. Her doubts were falling away, the world around her felt more cheerful...more colorful.

“Of course I remember.” Her eyes fluttered as the image came to her. “It was a year ago. We met at the bus stop.Our hands touched for a moment.”

“Good girl…” Henry massaged her soles, slowly tracing circles into the dark nylon with his fingers. The moment she shook his hand was the beginning of the end for the old Mandy. The magic of the place had gotten to her quickly. A simple beauty… a sweet nothing; some part of her knew she was giving in too easily, that she should fight it. But that part of Amanda was getting smaller and quieter.

“Why… are you asking me this?” Amanda looked up at Henry, pushing back one last time against the changes coming over her.

“Hmmm?” Henry felt her body tense up subtly; she was still fighting it, if just barely.

“About how we met… Why did you ask?”

She pushed his hands back with her feet, and he gently pushed back, his thumbs running over her soles. Every touch brought blush to Amanda’s cheeks, she was resisting but he still had her.

“It’s in case the Collins’ ask. It’s our first dinner together since our honeymoon. You remember our honeymoon, don’t you?” Henry continued massaging her toes, every subtle motion driving his words further in.

“Remember Hawaii? We spent a week at this gorgeous hotel, right near the beach.” Henry said, and as he spoke memories flowed into Amanda’s mind, as real as any other.

“Mmm… and we went swimming.” She added, seeing herself in that cute little yellow swimsuit he’d picked out for her.

“Yes… and then, every night…” Henry gave her a sly smile, and her blush turned from pink to a bright red as she remembered those nights of wild passion, her body claimed by her stallion of a husband.Their cries of ecstasy echoing in the night sky.

“You wore me out, you little minx.” Henry reminisced with a knowing wink.

“I did?” Amanda stared at him; the dam was breaking, more and more of the memories were seeping in. A smile broke across her lips, she was remembering feeling good. The touch of a lover was something a part of her remembered being deprived of for some time.Was it really that long since the honeymoon? Where did these memories of loneliness come from?

“Now, are you happy here?” Henry wanted to see how far along she truly was.

“That’s a silly question.” Amanda giggled. “How could I not be? “

They were interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Amanda hopped up with a happy little squeal and rushed to the door, opening it to see her dear friend standing before her. Fiona was dressed in a slinky red strapless dress that came down to just above her knee, black leggings and candy apple red stilettos. Her brown hair was styled in a neat bob, and aside from the new look she was very much like how Amanda remembered her from before the honeymoon.

“Mandy Pandy!” A jubilant grin spread across Fiona’s ruby lips as she threw her arms around Amanda, pulling her friend into a tight hug. “Oh, I’ve missed you so much!”

As the two women did some catching up, Henry and Brad stepped aside.

“Do you have the book I lent you?” Henry said, keeping his voice low to give themselves some privacy.

“Yeah…” Brad reached into his suit jacket and retrieved a book marked with the silhouette of a man in a suit, a shapely young woman on his arm. “It’s been a big help. I don’t know how we’d fit in without it.”

“Excellent.” Henry glanced over at Amanda, “How’d I do with her?”

“Man, she came out a looker alright.” Brad chortled, playfully nudging him with his elbow. “Nobody fixes up a woman like you.”

“Dinner’s ready!” Amanda called to them, having taken Fiona into the kitchen to help set the table. As they sat down, she served the men their food first, as was only proper.

“You guys are going to love this,” Henry said, looking over at their guests. “Amanda’s a fantastic cook. Isn’t that right honey?”

“I’m alright…” She said, grinning as she poured a glass of wine for Henry and herself. “Henry hasn’t complained yet, so I must be doing something right.”

As they ate, Amanda at last settled into her new environment for good. What had started with just a two-day trip to catch up with an old friend turned into the rest of Amanda’s life. There remained memories of her old existence, but they were faint and fleeting, strange dreams of what could’ve happened to her had she not met Henry. Throughout dinner, She would slip one of her shoes off and tease Henry’s leg with her toes. The way he smiled at her told her everything. They’d try for a baby that night, it’d be just like their honeymoon.

Life was good in the town of Bliss.