The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Author’s note: Some of the inspiration for this came from the story Comfy by Ploni Almoni, but most of it came from the deep, dark recesses of my brain. I’m not sure where I’m going with this, but I do know that I’m not done.

Send me comments.

Tanning Salon

By Synaptic Virus

Chapter 1

Brenda Lyndstrom sat in the break room and flipped through the yellow pages, looking at tanning salons. She had been going regularly to a salon downtown, but she had grown dissatisfied with their diminishing service and too high prices. Brenda liked to look good and tanned frequently, so she had resolved to find a new place to bake herself. Thus, she flipped through the yellow pages on her break.

She almost missed a small ad for a place called, “New You Tanning Parlor.” What caught her eye was the byline “All new, high-tech tanning beds!” The equipment at her current salon was beginning to show its age. Brenda decided to go check out this new place after work. If it looked good, she would go there the next time she needed a tan.

At the address given in the ad, she found a small shop. The sign outside read “New You Tanning Parlor,” underneath it suggested “Ask about our special Trial Package!” The place was open for business and looked modern, clean and newly built. Brenda stepped inside.

It was a small shop and did not appear especially fancy. Though, she was impressed by the sharp, new, and high-tech looking tanning beds. The salon had all the regular furnishings that one would expect, and additionally, there was a smoothie bar. A menu hung on the wall. There were no other customers in the shop. The only person there was a man behind the counter, who hailed her as soon as she came in.

“Good afternoon!” He said cheerfully “What can I do for you?”

“I’m just here to look around,” Brenda said. “I saw your ad and thought I’d stop by and check out your parlor.”

“Ahh, good. I just opened recently.” He told her “As you can see, I don’t have much of a customer base yet. I hope you like what you see.”

“So far I do. The tanning salon I go to now has been getting too crowded and I think I’d like a place where I don’t have to wait as long.” Brenda admitted “Plus, they don’t maintain their beds very well. They’re starting to fall apart. Even the ones in good shape are old models and uncomfortable.”

“Oh, then you’ll like my tanning beds. They’re all new.” He said proudly “My own invention.”

“You invented these?” She asked surprised.

He nodded “Yes. You see, I too went to a tanning salon with poor equipment. I kept wondering why no one ever redesigned them to be more comfortable. Eventually I decided to design a better model myself. So I came up with these, I call them my ‘relaxation booths.’ Would you like me to explain some of the features?”

“Sure!” Brenda exclaimed, very interested.

So he walked her over to one of the tanning beds. The lid of the coffin was open and the inside was all curved cushions, shaped to cradle a human body. It looked incredibly comfortable. Immediately he began pointing out features and explaining things. He talked about ergonomic design and showed how motors inside could reposition the cushions to the user’s taste. The man operated a control panel and the inside shape and curvature shifted like an adjustable recliner, only far more fluidly. After the shift it looked fit for a much shorter person.

“Very nice.” Brenda said impressed.

Part of why she liked to tan regularly was that it offered her a rare chance to relax from the stress of her job. While her body got zapped, she would stretch out and allow her thoughts to drift and think about anything but work. These beds looked like they would be wonderful for that purpose. Brenda pressed her hand into a cushion. It felt soft and yielding, but firm too. Then she noticed a detail that had escaped her earlier.

“Hey, I don’t see any lights. How does a person tan?”

“Oh. The cushions themselves are the lights.” He said “They are made out of new type of photo luminescent compound. Flip the switch and they glow. See? The underside of the lid is made of the same stuff. As an added bonus, this means that you don’t have to roll over. If you prefer to lie on your back, you will still tan evenly all over because the cushions underneath you will glow too.”

He manipulated the control panel to show her that the cushions did indeed glow, changing from their default flat white to a bright violet color. Then he showed her how they did not necessarily have to emit ultraviolet light. The substance could switch to any color, and not necessarily uniformly. Different spots could be different colors simultaneously. It was all controlled by computer.

Brenda had difficulty imagining the applications for that. She asked “But why would anyone want to have it glow with different colors?”

“Well, probably most users won’t.” He admitted “But in case somebody wants to, I have outfitted the booth with a DVD player, so you could put in a movie and watch it on the ceiling above you, while the rest of your body tans. You could connect to the internet and check your email. Or you could use the controls to move this cushion right over your eyes and make it turn black. That way you don’t need to bring shades.”

“Hmmm… I guess that could be a really useful feature.” She said. “Is that what these speakers are for, to listen to the movie?” She pointed to two small speakers mounted inside the booth, one on each side of where the user’s head would inevitably rest.

“Yes. But if you don’t want to watch a movie, you could alternatively put in a CD and listen to music while you tan. I find it very relaxing to listen to soft classical music myself. Also, they connect to a microphone pickup on the outside, and there’s a microphone inside as well, that connects to speakers behind my counter. So you can talk to me and I’ll hear you clearly even through the closed lid. And I can speak to you and you’ll hear me through the speakers. But I expect most people will just listen to music. If you’re interested, I can provide you with a CD that I compiled myself which is very soothing.”

“Umm, that’s a very nice offer. I might just do that.” Brenda said politely “Oh. I almost forgot. Your sign out front said to ask about a special ‘Trial Package’?”

“It sure does. I’m glad you brought that up.” He explained the offer, “For first time customers only, your first ten sessions are half-price if you purchase a low-calorie smoothie.”

“Wow, that’s a pretty good deal.” Brenda said. Secretly, the cynical business-minded side of her wondered what the catch was.

“I think so too.” He agreed. “Is there any other questions I can answer for you?”

“No, you’ve pretty well covered everything I can think of.” Brenda said. “I’ve got to go now, it’s getting late. But I’ll be back soon, count on it.”

“I look forward to seeing you.”

Brenda left for home, impressed with what she had seen at the “New You Tanning Parlor.” She was already looking ahead in her busy schedule; trying to figure the soonest she could make some time to test out his new tanning beds.

She did not get a chance to go back to the “New You Tanning Parlor” for a few days. Then an opportunity came up when a client cancelled an appointment with her, leaving a hole at the end of her workday. Brenda left work early and went straight to the Parlor. Even though her shift was shorter than usual, she was tired and stressed out from working. She really anticipated a nice session in one of those comfy-looking relaxation booths.

When she arrived at the Salon, no one else was there except the man. Brenda wondered how long it would take the slow traffic to drive him out of business. She hoped not before she got a chance to use up those ten half-price tans.

“Hello and welcome!” He greeted. “Are you back to look around again, or to take advantage of my Trial Package offer?”

“I’m here for a Trial session.” She answered.

“Wonderful,” He said, “step on up. Do you know what flavor you want, or do you need time to decide?”

“Huh?” Brenda asked, momentarily baffled.

“According to the terms of the Trial offer, you get the ten half-price sessions only if you purchase one of my low-calorie smoothies each time.”

“Oh,” she said, “Yeah. Umm… I guess I’ll take a Strawberry and Banana.”

He began fixing up her order, adding the fruit she selected and chatting with her politely as he worked. She sat on a bar stool and tried to push the fatigue and strain of her workday out of mind. It was tough to converse civilly with him, he was just too chatty for her burnt out attitude right then.

“Would you like a scoop of special health-protein added to your smoothie?” He asked.

“What’s that?”

“It’s like what you can get at health food stores, a food additive that’s really good for you.” The man explained “I charge twenty-five cents a scoop, but I’ll give you two for the price of one, this time.”

Brenda was not too much of a health nut, but she did watch her diet to avoid grossly unhealthy foods and tried to eat right as much as possible. With the two-for-one offer, she decided it could not hurt. “Sure,” she said.

So he scooped two heaping spoonfuls of pinkish powder into the blender. The powder mixture did contain some proteins, but it was not a health store food additive. He had invented it himself, to work in concert with his high-tech relaxation booths. It was a special mixture of female hormones and aphrodisiacs combined with a relaxant and suggestibility drug. He would not have offered it if she were not an attractive woman. Male customers and homely women were never offered the “health-protein additive” option. They would also get a regular, ordinary, tanning session. Brenda would get much more.

Chapter 2

Brenda Lyndstrom was overworked. Her job was too stressful and her schedule too full to allow much time for a life. The only real relaxation she could arrange for herself was semi-regular tanning sessions. Brenda really looked forward to them. At the New You Tanning Parlor she found herself impatiently waiting for the proprietor to finish operating the blender, making her smoothie, so that she could move on to her nice relaxing tan. But she was a polite woman, and did not snap at him even though it seemed to take forever.

Unknown to her, his low-calorie smoothie contained some special ingredients. He poured the mix into a tall glass for her. She was not really hungry, but it was there. Might as well not let it go to waste, Brenda decided. She sipped on the smoothie while he busied himself rinsing out the blender.

“Do you like it?” He asked.

“Yes.” She answered. It was surprisingly tasty. He watched her take a few bigger gulps.

They chatted some more while he finished cleaning up. Brenda was surprised to discover that she had finished the whole smoothie. She had not thought she was that hungry.

“Are you finished?” He asked. When she nodded, he took the glass from her and thoroughly cleaned it too.

The drink was settling nicely into Brenda’s stomach and she already felt greatly relaxed. “Mmmm… that was just what I needed to take my mind off of work.” She said.

“That’s good.” He replied. “Are you ready for a nice relaxing tanning session?”

“Ahhh… that sounds perfect” Brenda sighed and stretched.

“Then follow me.” He instructed.

He led her into a room in the back that she had not realized was there. There were lockers and hooks to store personal stuff and hang up clothes. More doorways opened up on rooms deeper into the building. The place was much bigger than she had originally suspected. Through a couple doorways she could see tiles that suggested bathrooms. She spotted a tanning bed, just like the ones in the front room, through a different doorway.

“Here are lockers to store your possessions.” He pointed “There’s the bathrooms. And in this room is the private relaxation booth. I can tell that you are interested in hearing more about it, aren’t you?”

As soon as he said that, Brenda realized that he was right. She was interested in hearing more about it. “Yes.” She said.

“Well, sometimes many customers, many such as you, want more privacy than is offered by the front room tanning beds. I had this room built and a single relaxation booth put into it specifically to satisfy that need for privacy. I’m sure you sometimes feel that need yourself, like you just want a little more privacy, don’t you?”

Brenda knew exactly what he was talking about. Her old salon was really crowded sometimes, and a private tanning room sounded like a great idea.

“Yes. Sometimes I want a little more privacy.” She agreed.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Uhh… sure.”

“Do you, like many people, find obvious tan lines to be unsightly and undesirable? Do you prefer a nice, even tan over unattractive tan lines?”

“Of course I prefer an even tan over tan lines.”

“Well, if you want to work on eliminating your tan lines, this private booth is ideal for that. I figure that many women, like you, will want to avoid those pesky, ugly tan lines. This private room is here to address that demand as well. I think it will be very popular with women just like you, who dislike unattractive tan lines. If you want to look good, then you’ll want to tan naked in this private booth.”

She normally wore a small two-piece swimsuit during her regular tanning sessions, but now that he mentioned the option of tanning naked, she could not help but think about the advantages. Brenda did want to look good, so maybe she should try to get rid of those pesky, ugly tan lines? She found it difficult the make that decision for some reason. Her mind felt thick and slow. Did she really want to tan naked?

He helped her with a little suggestive salesmanship. “I clean them after each use, so it’s all very sanitary and you have nothing to be afraid of. You will have that privacy that you wanted, so there’s nothing to be ashamed of either.”

Brenda nodded slowly, accepting his logic. Besides, she realized, she had not brought her swimsuit inside from her car anyway. She felt too tired to walk all the way out there to grab it, so she might as well take this opportunity to tan naked. After all, Brenda rationalized, it was completely private and there was nothing to be ashamed of.

She stumbled up to the booth and studied it, blinking her tired eyes and trying to keep them open. The booth looked exactly like the other ones, out in the front room, to her. In her fatigued and drugged state, she did not notice a few subtle differences. For one, there were a handful of tiny cameras mounted strategically around the interior. Secondly, there was no control panel on the inside, so the occupant would be unable to adjust any settings by themselves, or modify the shape of the adjustable cushions, or even open the lid without help. Those things were controlled from the outside.

“Okay.” She said and yawned. “Everything looks good. Do I pay you now or afterwards?”

“Oh, you will compensate me afterwards.” He said. “You can undress in the women’s bathroom if you wish, or in this room. Most women choose to take off all their clothes in this room because it’s private. I expect that, like most women, you want to be naked in this room. There are benches to set your clothes behind you. I will be up front at the counter if you need anything, remember that you can talk to me through the speakers.”

“Yes, I will remember.” She repeated.

“Enjoy your relaxing tan. It will make you feel like a New You!” With that he left, closing the door behind him.

Chapter 3

The owner and manager of the New You Tanning Parlor walked up to the front of the store, switched the sign over to “closed” and locked the door. Then he walked to a small security room and keyed in, switching on monitors and computer controls. On the screens, his victim appeared. In a small room, unaware that she was being watched by hidden cameras, one unsuspecting Brenda Lyndstrom undressed.

Layer by layer, she removed her dress suit, to stand in bra and panties. She folded up her expensive work clothes and set them on a nearby bench. Then she hesitated, unsure that she really wanted to be completely naked. Brenda did not usually tan in the nude, but it seemed like such a good idea, to get the all-over even tan that she wanted. She was tired from work and it felt like all her blood had rushed to her stomach to digest the wonderful, filling smoothie she had earlier. It made her thoughts foggy and muddled.

From the depths of her mind, she remembered his suggestion, “If you want to look good, then you’ll want to tan naked.”

Yes, Brenda decided. She wanted to be naked in this room. She reached behind and unfastened her bra clasp, setting her breasts free. Then she stooped to peel off her panties, which joined the rest of her clothes on the bench. Brenda shuffled over to the tanning bed and climbed inside, fading fast. The lid closed automatically as she settled herself, lying on her back.

A voice came out the speakers. It was the man in his office, talking into a microphone. “I bet you would like some relaxing music while you tan, wouldn’t you?”

“Yes… that sounds nice.” Brenda answered.

Soft classical music began playing through the speakers. Over the sound of the music, he said “I’ll turn on the ultraviolet light now.” The lid had finished closing and the coffin was completely dark. Suddenly, the whole interior of the tanning bed glowed with a diffuse violet light.

Brenda mumbled “Too bright…”

“Oh. You didn’t bring any shades, any eye protection?” He asked.

“No… forgot them.”

“Well, that’s all right.” He said, watching her through the tiny cameras inside the booth. “I can select a setting where a cushion will move over your eyes to protect them. It won’t glow ultraviolet like the rest of the inside. Would you like that, for your eyes?”

“Yes, please.”

A quiet motor whirred and a section of the booth by her head extended down over her eyes. It was black and pressed close to her face, not letting in any other light. With the piercing violet light blocked out, Brenda relaxed further. The cushions underneath her were soft and yielding, and she felt like she was sinking into them. The soft music playing in her ears was very soothing, despite the constant, quiet, hisses and clicks that were just barely audible beneath the music. The subtle noises sounded almost like voices. Brenda was sleepy, and found herself drifting into a nice, pleasant semi-slumber.

With her eyes covered, she did not realize that the light in the rest of the booth had switched to ordinary white light, so that he could see her and monitor her progress better.

She did notice that although the cushion over her eyes was black, it was not uniformly so. Sections of it were dark colors, but not quite black. These sections seemed to move about and shift color slightly, slowly becoming brighter and easier to see. Brenda focused her eyes on the swirling colors, trying to separate them from the blackness. She naturally tried to see the patterns amongst the colors, like looking for pictures in the clouds. Unconsciously, she listened to the message in the quiet voices whispering in her ear. Brenda relaxed even more, slipping deeper.

The man’s voice came over the speakers again. “Are you comfortable?” He asked.

“Yesss…” Brenda answered.

“You would feel even more comfortable with the cushions adjusted to match the shape of your body, cradling you perfectly.” He said into his microphone. “Would you like to feel even more comfortable?”

“Yes.”

He pressed a button on his computer, initializing an automatic process. The cushions beneath her shifted position slightly, using sensors to calculate her weight and fine motors to adjust perfectly, supporting her body evenly. To Brenda it felt almost like a liquid rippling beneath her. Two cushions flowed around her wrists, and two more about her ankles. They felt soft against her skin, but if she should try, they would prove to be strong and immovable. Brenda did not notice them though; she was too deeply entranced.

“There,” he said, “that feels much more comfortable, doesn’t it?”

“Yes…” She answered.

It did feel incredibly comfortable. The fine motors that controlled the cushions were still moving subtly, massaging her back, shoulders, arms and legs. Along with the pretty colors, and subliminal voices, the massaging cushions helped her to relax very deeply.

Female hormones and herbal aphrodisiacs in her system were doing their work, making her body extremely sensitive. Her skin tingled pleasantly as the massaging cushions rippled beneath her. She was so focused on the pleasant feelings that she did not even notice the cushions were slowly, gently, pushing her ankles apart. Lightly, her legs were spread. Smoothly, her knees moved apart and up to open her naked sex wide.

The cushions near her crotch separated and two robotic hands emerged. They were made of the same soft yet firm material as the rest of the cushions. Additionally, they came equipped with nodes to provide very slight, pinpoint electrical shocks on command. The hands had extra digits and joints, and were capable of incredibly complex movements. They positioned themselves just out of contact with her spread open pussy, waiting. Two similar mechanical hands emerged from the sides of the chamber and positioned themselves above her breasts.

Brenda floated through a sort of dreamland, relaxing to the music, her eyes darting about rapidly, trying to keep up with the swiftly changing colors. Suddenly but smoothly, the color patterns shifted, forming into a series of pictures, each with a short text message. The images never lasted long, dissolving before she could consciously absorb them.

The sound in her ears changed too. Classical music faded away and the whispering voices grew louder, filling her ears with messages, most to match the text.

The messages came quickly, flickering rapidly from shape to shape. Despite the frantic pace of input, Brenda remained completely relaxed, stretched out comfortably, tingling. The images and sounds went straight into her highly suggestible mind. Brenda found it very easy and natural to speak out loud.

“I am very comfortable and relaxed.” She intoned.

“It feels pleasant to be this relaxed.

“I am becoming even more relaxed.

“I feel even more pleasant when I relax more.

“My skin feels tingly all over.

“The tingling feels pleasurable.

“It is pleasurable to be this relaxed.

“It is like arousal.

“I enjoy feeling aroused.

“I would enjoy relaxing deeper.

“I would enjoy feeling even more pleasure.

“The more relaxed I am, the more aroused I become.

“I am relaxing deeper.

“I am becoming more aroused.

And so on, endlessly repeating with slight variations. The man listened to her progress intently. When she was ready, he pressed a button that moved her forward into the next phase. The robotic hands at her breasts and crotch moved into contact, stimulating her sexually, providing physical pleasure to reinforce the suggestions. The drugs in Brenda’s system enhanced the stimulus tremendously. The pleasure opened her mind wide, eliminating any remaining resistance to the subliminal messages. She fell helplessly into a self-reinforcing mental trap.

Chapter 4.

Brenda Lyndstrom awoke from the most relaxing sleep she had ever had. A noise had woken her; the sound of the coffin lid opening up. Brenda did not remember anything from her tanning session. She figured that to pass out so hard, she really must have needed to catch up on her sleep deficit.

Brenda stretched, enjoying the comfort of the cushions for one last moment before she sat up and climbed out. She felt well-rested, alert, and deeply satisfied.

“Mmm…” she purred as she dressed. Then said to herself “If all the other sessions are like that, I’m definitely going to quit my old salon for good.”

After dressing, she grabbed her purse and walked out to the front. The man was waiting there, behind his counter. Still, no other customers had come into the store.

He smiled at her and asked “Did you enjoy that?”

“That was the most enjoyable experience I’ve ever had.” The way she said that sounded almost like someone else said it and she was repeating them. But to her ears it sounded absolutely true.

“Then I can expect you back for nine more half-price Trial sessions?”

“Definitely.” She told him. “Which reminds me. How much do I owe you?”

“Oh, don’t worry about that. If you want, I’ll keep a tab.” He offered “You can pay me later. Okay?”

“Okay.” She accepted. He was nice man to make such an offer.

He asked “Did you like the mix of music that I compiled?”

“Oh, yes.” Brenda agreed. Though to be honest she could not really remember it. “It was very relaxing.”

“I think so too. I like to listen to soft classical music like that at night in bed. I find that it really helps me to fall asleep.”

“Really?” Brenda often had trouble sleeping well. Her work was too stressful.

“Yes.” He said “Would you like to take one of my disks home? I have plenty.”

“That’s really generous of you!” Brenda felt overwhelmed by his kindness. “Thanks!”

So he passed her a CD from behind his counter. She slipped it into her purse and left.

Brenda felt like skipping down the sidewalk to her car. She was so happy, deep down to her core. For the first time in months, her mind was not on the duties and demands of her stressful job. Instead, on the drive home, she kept thinking about how good and invigorated she felt.

Somehow, she had lost track of time and the day was later than she realized. Brenda did not worry about it though; she simply cooked a quick supper, and showered for bed. She remembered his CD, got it and put it in her stereo. Then she plugged in the headphones, slipped them over her ears, adjusted the volume and crawled beneath the sheets. Brenda laid there, letting her thoughts wander as she tried to relax and fall asleep. Her drifting thoughts returned to the nice, pleasant, man.

“I don’t even know his name!” Brenda suddenly realized. She vowed to ask him later.

She noticed that the pleasant music worked exactly like he said it would, helping her to relax. Her consciousness drifted deeper and deeper. For the first time since college, she felt relaxed enough to masturbate. Her hands drifted beneath her nightgown, to tease and touch. Her need to masturbate was like a compulsion. She was not in practice, but quickly rediscovered her favorite spots and rhythm. The wonderful feelings built quickly. She became lost in a pleasurable, dreamy bliss. But for some reason, Brenda could not make herself fall over the brink. Instead she balanced on the edge of cumming, floating on a cloud of pleasure. Her mind opened wide to suggestion. Subliminal messages poured in through the headphones, reinforcing what she had learned earlier.

Desperate, she stroked herself faster, trying to cum. The maddening pleasure increased but she still could not orgasm. Frantically she masturbated, feeling more and more pleasure the more she accepted the suggestions. Finally, Brenda was able to bring herself off. She came and came and came; with the longest sustained orgasm she could ever remember having. Afterwards, she dropped into a deep sleep.

The next morning she awoke completely refreshed and well rested for the first time in ages. A small voice in the back of her mind surfaced and suggested, “I should go back to the New You Tanning Parlor as soon as possible.”

So a few days later, when the soonest opportunity presented itself, she freed up a day off and drove over to get a tan. She did not bother to bring a swimsuit to wear while tanning.

“Hello again.” He greeted.

“Hi. I’m here for a second session.”

“That’s what I figured.” He said. “What I’m wondering is, how long did you plan to tan today?” She had come over right after breakfast and it was still early morning.

“Oh… I thought I would just tan as long as I felt like.” She answered “I took the whole day off from work.”

“Excellent.” He said and smiled. “So, would you like a Strawberry and Banana again or do you want to try a different flavor this time?”

“That flavor was good, I’ll stick with it.” She answered.

“Special health-protein additive?”

“Yeah, sure. Why not?”

He assembled her smoothie, adding in a large spoonful of pink chemical mixture. They chatted again while she ate it. The man was very nice and a good conversationalist. Brenda noticed for the first time that he had a very pleasant sounding voice. After she finished the smoothie and he had cleaned everything, she followed him back to the private room.

Her heavy eyelids kept drooping. Brenda should not have been tired, having just woke up, but for some reason she felt sleepy and dazed. Her skin tingled too. She shuffled, following him over to the booth. It sat there, lid open and inviting. Brenda stared at it, anticipating the wonderful session to come. Oddly, she felt aroused just thinking about it.

“Enjoy your relaxing session and remember to tell me if you think you need anything.” He suggested. “In fact, you might as well tell me everything you’re thinking.”

“Okay.” Brenda said as he left, closing the door.

Brenda grabbed the bottom of her shirt and lifted it over her head. As the fabric brushed over her sensitive nipples, they hardened under her bra. Then she unfastened her jeans, pulled them down and stepped out of them. Undressing made her tingly pussy moisten. She enjoyed being naked. She wanted to be naked. Eagerly, she stripped off her underwear and climbed into the tank for her second session.