The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Sweet and Sour Apfel (part 9)

Apfel spent the week with Rolf and Sabrina (age 37), still getting used to the U.S. Having never been outside Europe since she was born, she found American culture very strange unlike Rolf and Sabrina. Still, Apfel decided to enjoy it before she returned to Guenzberg. It was an interesting experience to eat American food and see cheese-related sights. She even got to visit dairy farms and pet friendly cows.

* * *

A couple of days later Rolf said, “Apfel, I was listening to the television the other day and there was a man who mentioned some kind of corrective surgery-something that could possibly restore my sight. However, we can’t afford it because it’s too expensive.”

“Can the surgery be done here in Wisconsin?", she asked.

“No, the doctors are located in California. Still, without the money we can’t afford it.”

“Let’s go to California anyway,” Apfel said, “it may prove to be interesting, and I could really learn something.”

“Okay,” Rolf said, “I heard that Los Angeles is a popular tourist city.”

“Should we bring Sabrina?", Apfel asked.

“No, I think we should go by ourselves.”

“Okay, do you want us to drive there? It’s cheaper than flying. Besides, I don’t have much money for two plane tickets.”

“I have some cash,” Rolf said, “we can use that.”

“Bless you, brother.”

After she secured the plane tickets, the two flew to Los Angeles. It was a huge city, and Apfel described to her brother everything that was going on. Rolf held on to his sensor stick, while Apfel held his hand. While they were walking, she noticed a billboard that advertised an organization called the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

“Simon Wiesenthal. Wasn’t he a Nazi hunter?", Apfel asked.

“Yes. Why?”

“I just saw a billboard that advertised the Simon Wiesenthal Center. We should go there,” she said.

“Okay. But where is it?", Rolf asked.

“I don’t know. Let’s ask someone.”

She saw a young woman and asked, “Excuse me, do you know where the Simon Wiesenthal Center is?”

“The SWC? Of course. Go up three blocks and turn right.”

“Thank you,” Apfel said.

“You’re welcome.”

The two walked three blocks and Rolf said, “I really wish we’d taken a bus.”

“To go three blocks? Nonsense! When I was young, I had to get used to being in a strange city, and that certainly wasn’t three blocks!", she exclaimed-laughing.

“Ah. I see,” Rolf said-laughing also.

After the third block, the two turned right and Apfel saw the Wiesenthal Center. It was quite a building.

“We’re here Rolf,” she said. Then they went inside.

* * *

“Welcome to the Wiesenthal Center,” the receptionist said.

“Hello, my name is Apfel and this is my brother Rolf. He’s blind.”

“What a shame,” the receptionist said, “you know, we do allow seeing-eye dogs in the building.”

“No need,” Apfel said, " he has me and his sensory stick. Besides, my brother doesn’t like dogs. One jumped on him when he was a little boy.”

“I see. What can I help you with?”

“We’re interested in talking to someone here who knows something about Dr. Josef Mengele,” Apfel said.

“We know that he was a Nazi war criminal who died in Brazil in 1979.”

“I am aware of that, but I had an intimate relationship with him for 7 years. I need to talk to someone who specializes in Nazi war criminals.”

“Well, I think that Eric Weiss can help you with that. He’s the senior researcher here, and his office is upstairs. Normally you’d need to make an appointment with him, but maybe he can squeeze you in. By the way, he specializes in Jewish history but you can still talk to him.

“Thank you,” Apfel said.

“Where are you and your brother from?”

“We’re from Germany, but I’m just in this country visiting him in Wisconsin. I’ll be heading back to Europe shortly.”

“Okay. Let me call Eric and explain your situation, and I’ll let him know that you and Rolf need to see him.”

The woman dialed Eric and he answered the phone.

“Research,” he said.

“Hi Eric, this is Elaine at the front desk. There are two elderly people downstairs, and one of them is named Apfel. She said that she had an intimate relationship with Dr. Josef Mengele.”

“Really?", he asked.

“Yes. They don’t have appointments, but do you think you can squeeze them in?”

“Of course,” Eric said, “they can come see me right now.”

“Thank you,” she said.

Elaine hung up the phone and said, ’ You both can see him now. He’s upstairs in Rm. 207, on the right-hand side.”

“You’ve been very helpful,” Apfel said.

“Anytime. Have a nice day.”

She took Rolf’s hand and they went upstairs and got to Rm. 207. She knocked on the door and Eric opened it.

“Hello. I’m Apfel Knopf and this is my brother Rolf Knopf.”

“I’m Eric Weiss. Please come in.”

The two came in and Eric said, “Please, sit down.”

Apfel and Rolf sat down and Eric asked, “Is your brother blind?”

“Yes. Dr. Mengele blinded him over 60 years ago."“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s okay. He’s still able to live a normal life, although his wife died 7 years ago. I’ve met his beautiful granddaughter Sabrina, who lives with him in Wisconsin.”

“Do you live in the U.S. as well?”

“No, I live in Germany. I’m just here visiting him,” Apfel said.

“Before we begin, would you both like anything to drink?”

“No thanks,” Apfel said.

“I’d like some coffee,” Rolf said.

“Okay, I’ll go get some and be right back.”

Eric went out and in a few minutes came back with a hot paper cup. He handed it to Apfel, and she gave it to her brother.

“Thank you,” he said.

She just smiled and squeezed his hand.

Eric sat at his desk and said, “Ms. Knopf.”

“Please, call me Apfel. I’m not much for formalities.”

“Okay, Apfel. I understand that you had an intimate relationship with Josef Mengele. When did you first meet him?”

“I met him in 1938.”

“Were you aware that he was in the SS at that time?”

“No, he never told me that. I only knew him as a doctor.”

“How did you meet Mengele?”

“He was a guest at our family’s inn,” Rolf said, " I met him first in 1938. Mengele came to the front desk and signed his name, and I met him again a few months later when he was examining my eyes.”

“So you only had two encounters with him?”

“Yes.”

“How were you blinded?”

“Mengele put some poison in my wine, but I falsely accused my sister of doing it. It wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago that she red me that passage that cleared her name.”

“Do you have the written evidence?", Eric asked.

“Yes here,” Apfel said and gave him the journal. Then she said, “This was given to me in Berlin. It was hidden at Mengele ‘s estate for a long time, and a recent resident gave it to me. Do you read German?”

“Yes, as well as Hebrew, Spanish and French,” Eric said. Looking through the book he said, “Ah, it mentions Rolf here and this passage does clear your name.”

“I’m happy about that,” she said, “because I would never hurt my brother.”

“What kind of relationship did you have with Mengele, Apfel?”

“I was his mistress for seven years.”

“I see, but were you his lover before he was married?”

“Yes,” Apfel said, “starting in 1938. I was 27 years old then.”

“Interesting. Did Mengele ever tell you that he was a Nazi?”

“Yes, and he showed me as well. Once he showed up at my apartment in an SS uniform and I was horrified. We were living together while his wife was in France, but when she came back he went back to her. I begged him not to go, but he left.”

“Did you ever find out what he was doing?”

“No. One time at 1 a.m. he came home and I asked him what he’d been doing all day. He told me, ‘I’ve been working. There’s no reason to ask.’ You know, I really hated seeing him in that uniform. It disturbed me.”

“I understand,” Eric said.

“Eventually I learned to live with it, and was content to be the mistress.”

“Did he ever hurt you?”

“Not physically, but he gave me mental abuse. Mengele made me feel so unattractive, I was willing to diet just to please him. I would’ve done anything to make him happy, and did. When he left me, I tried to commit suicide but couldn’t bring myself to do it. I was a complete wreck, and was under psychiatric care.”

“I’m glad you’re still alive,” Rolf said. Eric agreed with him.

“so am I,” she said, “but I’m not sure how many years I have left on me. I regret never marrying and having children. When I held baby Ellie, I told her that I wished I had a little girl like her, but I guess not all wishes come true.”

“You have us Apfel,” Rolf said, “me, Ellie and Sabrina. You’ll never really be alone.”

“and you’re better off without Mengele,” Eric said, “if you had stayed with him, he would’ve made your life even more miserable. You definitely deserved better than him.”

Apfel just sighed, but not in a depressive way.

“Of all the men in Germany, I had to fall in love with him.”

There was a pause and then she chuckled.

“What’s so funny?", Eric asked-amused.

“I learned a lesson about men for the first time in life. No man is worth any sort of pain and suffering, or killing yourself over.”

“That’s right,” Eric said.

“Why didn’t I learn that lesson when I was young?”

“Because you’re human,” Rolf said-and then sipped his coffee. Then he said, “Humans aren’t perfect. Sometimes we have no control over our emotions, and can be very blind at times.”

“And sometimes we don’t learn important lessons right away,” Eric said, “but that doesn’t mean we don’t learn. The important thing is that we don’t repeat our mistakes.”

“Then that means I’ve learned,” Apfel said, “believe me, I don’t have to worry about repeating THOSE kinds of mistakes.”

Then they all laughed.

Rolf kissed Apfel on the cheek and said, “I love this girl.”

“I love you too, Rolf.”

Eric was touched and then said, “Well, I’m glad to see that something good came out of all this.”

“It sure has,” Apfel said, “because in the end, Mengele could never destroy us. Our bond is much stronger now.”

They got up to leave and she said, “Eric, I’m just wondering. Would the SWC be interested in having the journal? We want closure in our lives, and donating this would bring closure as well as peace.”

“Of course,” he said.

“Thank you. You’ve done the both of us a great favor.”

“You’re welcome,” Eric said, “I’m so glad we could help you, especially today. I wish you both the best in life.”

“Well it’s been a pleasure talking to you,” Apfel said and shook his hand. Eric shook Rolf’s hand as well and the old man smiled. Eric gave Apfel his business card and said, “Keep in touch with me. I’d love to hear from you when you get back to Germany.”

“Thank you. That is most kind,” she said and took it, “when I get there, I’ll be sure to call you.”

Then she said goodbye and left with her brother.

The End