The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Susan Takes Charge part 3

By Susan Bailey

“She’s got a date at midnight,
with Nosferatu.
Oh, baby, Lily Munster
ain’t got nothing on you.
Well, when I called her evil,
she just laughed
and put that spell on me.
Boo Bitch-Craft.”
Type O Negative, “Black Number One

“Hi, your name’s Susan Bailey, isn’t it?”

Lucinda de San Finzione asked me the question in English. Casually, as if we’d met for the first time in a mutual friend’s kitchen, and we knew someone else was stopping by, but the friend had to step out and take care of something just then, leaving us to make introductions ourselves. She wasn’t lying just yet, though. My name is, indeed, Susan Bailey. Hi.

“Yes, it is.” I replied. Since she hadn’t lied yet, I figured I’d return the favor. “Hi. And you’re Lucinda, right?”

We’d seen each other a few times recently; while I was helping Helen with her nicotine cravings and a couple of times that she’s tried to get over to the Palace Wing while I’ve been there to shrug and pretend to not know Italian and point to a nearby Ultimado to tell her that La Contessa is too busy with the children for visitors. (The Ultimados have special instructions from Helen about La Familia as well. They’re to be kept out of the Palace Wing and, when possible, away from Lady Maria; but since they ARE Maria’s family, the Ultimados aren’t allowed to really do anything to hurt them if they persist. Without a direct order from Helen, anyway. Which she doesn’t give often. If Maria’s around.)

“Si,” Lucinda replied. “Er, yes. Lucinda de San Finzione. Are you lost?”

“Yeah.” I said, seizing the opportunity. “I… uh, don’t get over to this side of the castle often.”

“I see.” Came her response. “Perhaps you were looking for La Contessa’s office?”

“Yeah. This looked like the nicest once, so I figured it must be hers.”

Lucinda gave that a tight smile, the kind that, if she’d opened her mouth to show her teeth, I would have been surprised to see just a single row of them behind it.

“No,” Lucinda answered. “This is my office. Would you like me to show you the way to La Contessa’s?”

“That’d be nice.” I replied, taking the offer, since getting out of this room without her noticing had been my original goal. I’d failed the second part, but still had hopes for the first.

“Come, this way.” Her smile lightened. She’d decided not to unhinge her jaw and consume me whole just yet. I let her lead me away from the scene of my not-really crime. I was off balance here. I remembered something from my mind control training with Troy; “The one asking the questions is the one controlling the conversation.” I’d had to learn that from him; and so far, everything Lucinda had said to me, she’d ended with a question, meaning that I’d allowed myself to be put in the position of being the one giving her information. I needed to change that.

“Sorry about being in there,” I told her. “Just, you know, all the lovely furniture and books on the walls… was that Dante’s Inferno in the display case?”

“Si. Er, yes.” Lucinda replied. “A first edition. I like the illustration.”

We walked on for a moment before I continued.

“The Circle of Lust, isn’t it?”

“Yes. The second circle, an endless, warm, wet whirlwind.”

I had another thought as we reached the door.

“Isn’t one of the souls writhing in torment in that whirlwind for all eternity supposed to be Helen of Troy?”

“Yeeees.” Lucinda replied, drawing the word out so that she seemed to be pronouncing it with four Es. Although she was leading me and walking about two steps ahead, I thought I could hear her lips creaking into that smile again. “And how is La Contessa doing?” She asked, trying to take control back.

I hesitated. Hopefully, not too noticeably. When Maria was still Helen’s maid, Helen had implanted a trigger in Maria’s mind to fall unconscious if she was either being kidnapped or was at risk of telling someone “too much” about La Contessa. (The idea being that there was no point in a reporter ambushing or a kidnapper trying to hurt or get information out of Maria, because she wouldn’t wake up for it, so they’d gain nothing from it but MORE reasons to fear the moment the other tobacco, cocoa, and rose-scented thousand-dollar designer shoe drops.) Helen had arranged things to release Maria from the trigger if anything happened to her; so, when something did happen to Helen last year, it was removed. With six words, Lucinda let me know exactly what had been going on in Helen’s mind when she came up with that idea. Could Lucinda have known about that and been testing to see if Helen had done the same to me?

I was taking too long to answer. I thought of one of Moriarty’s lines in the Next Gen episode “Elementary, Dear Data,” “Your every silence speaks volumes.”

“You know, adjusting to motherhood, that kind of stuff.”

We came to an emerald-green door with an emerald-green carpet leading up to it. A gold name plaque on the door read “La Contessa.”

“Damn,” I said as we found it. “Here it is. How’d I miss it?”

“How, indeed.” Lucinda replied. She then adopted a tone that I wouldn’t call warmer but would still have to describe as “less cold.” “Will you be coming to the reception tonight?”

“Hmm?” I hmmed innocently. “Oh, yes; I’ll be there. I’m Vincenzo’s godmother, you know.”

Lucinda had seemed to be looking down her nose at me this entire time. I learned that my assessment had been incorrect when she put effort into it upon hearing that.

“Not YET! Once the child is baptized, THEN you are the Godmother! Not before.”

Something inside me was telling me to Do Our Thing and say, “Just tell me what the fuck you’re up to, bitch!” That something had a name, and it was Sue. I’ll tell you about her in a minute. The rest of me, though, was thinking that there’s probably a good reason I’m not seeing why Helen doesn’t just walk over here and do exactly that every day; and it would be a bad idea.

“I’ve offended you.” I told her. “I didn’t have a religious upbringing. I apologize.”

“A COMMON problem in San Finzione these days.” Lucinda looked at her watch. “I must be elsewhere. No doubt, La Contessa has sent you to fetch something and needs it back right away. She must be quite busy if she is unable to send her maid. I will see you tonight.”

Lucinda turned and started walking away. I didn’t take the bait she was laying out and went into Helen’s office. She was probably waiting outside to see what, if anything, I came out with. I went to Helen’s desk, grabbed something out of it, and went back to the Palace Wing.

I’d come over here for information, and ended up giving more than I got, but what I had gotten was essential: A deeper understanding of WHY this woman must never be allowed near Vincenzo and Byroni!

* * *

Ok, I mentioned before how there are three other women with whom I share my head. I also mentioned Chad, the only boyfriend I’d had before meeting Troy and Julie. Chad was what you get when the ‘roid freak high school quarterback jerks off onto a rolled-up copy of Maxim and fucks the bitchy prom queen with it.

I was an orphan, I didn’t have anyone to tell me that wasn’t what “a boyfriend” was, and by the time people did, he had me beaten down so far that I wouldn’t listen until Troy did what I now understand was mind control to help me see it. There are various ways to go about it. Troy used a somewhat gentler one with me than he and Julie would later use on Chad. I never felt like anything was happening, just that everything Troy was saying was completely agreeable. While learning it myself, I asked Troy to do it to me like he did to Chad. After assuring him I could handle it, he agreed. (It was the kind of “being made to dance like a puppet” that I get now why he hasn’t done it to anyone since.)

It wasn’t a happy time. Happiness essentially came in 50-minute bursts, when Chad was out drinking or showing off his Fast & Furious-mobile, and I was able to catch an episode of Star Trek without having to hear about “that stupid nerd stuff” I like.

People who have jobs that involve a lot of stress and putting themselves outside their comfort zones do a thing called compartmentalization; essentially becoming a different person to handle those situations. It’s how a lawyer can defend a Charles Manson or Leonard Whyte, or a hospice nurse can watch four families lose Gramma in one shift, and neither of them go home and blow their heads off at the end of the day. Between the diner and Chad, I had started taking it to an unhealthy level. I wasn’t allowed to be me, I didn’t go by Susan then. I went by one of the three names Chad would call me depending on what was expected of me right then.

As Helen described it once, a guy like Chad can only perceive women in one of three ways: Bitch, Whore, and Slave. Sue was the Bitch, Suzy-Ho was the Whore, and Suzy-Q was the Slave. I have a different perspective on them; that Sue is my survival instinct and the “wants to kick ass” thing is just in furtherance of that goal, Suzy-Q is something of a mystery, and Suzy-Ho is, yes, a total whore. But now that sex is something for MY enjoyment rather than his, she’s damn proud of it! Suzy-Q’s “recasting” from the slave role in my head seems to be what’s given her this ability to visit Helen’s mind. (It hasn’t escaped either of our notice that Helen and I both had shitty lives until Troy & Julie changed them. We have enough in common that, if it hadn’t been for how we met, we would definitely be much closer friends by now.)

I guess the best way to describe them nowadays would be “advisors who live in my head.” They’re not a danger; I don’t have blackouts or anything, I can let one of them “take over” if things are stressing me. And there’s another little thing I can do with them. Since it was 1:45 when I made it back to our room in the Palace Wing, and Rita wasn’t due for a while yet, I had a free moment to lay back on my bed, close my eyes, and…

* * *

Thirteen years ago, a woman began a relationship with an abusive fuck for a crime she didn’t commit. She and the other women inside her head escaped from a maximum-security control freak to the Equals House, and then the tiny European Nation of San Finzione. No longer giving a fuck about that prick, they now work at nothing in particular, but seem to end up doing a whole lot of shit for Helen. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you ask me nicely enough; maybe YOU can hire… The Suzy Crew! It’s pretty easy, we don’t charge anything.

THE SUZY CREW

Starring SUSAN BAILEY as Susan ”Hannibal” Bailey

SUZY-HO

SUZY-Q

And SUE as B.A. Iley

Created by Susan Bailey Watching A Lot Of TV

The ladies and I were, as usual, in costume, (Poor Sue!) with the exception of Suzy-Ho removing Face’s suit immediately. Clothes have never really been her thing. We sat around a table at the café outside the San Finzione Marketplace. The Yia-Yia was there, but if she noticed us, we weren’t as interesting as her wine.

“Odd choice for a venue.” Was the first thing I said, taking a puff of my cigar. I don’t usually care for smoking, but since it was in my head anyway, I wasn’t bothered this time.

“The A-Team didn’t have a base.” Suzy-Q replied. She was wearing Murdock’s outfit, with the addition of a checkered tablecloth cape tied around her neck. “They just met anywhere. Why not here?” She looked around. “Nice day.”

I looked over at Sue; my expression hopefully conveying both “Sorry, but you know I don’t choose this stuff” and how serious my effort not to laugh was.

“Are you ok, Sue?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Sue replied. “I can work with this.” She looked over at Suzy-Q. “Fool Pitying comes to me naturally.” I ignored it. The two of them had problems back when Suzy-Q was in the slave role. Sue still complains because that’s sort of her thing.

“Well, we’ve met Lucinda,” I told the three of them. “We’ve seen the sort of person we’re dealing with here.”

“That’s a sort of person?” Suzy-Q asked. That got a giggle from all four of me.

“Technically, yes.” I replied. “She’s also Maria’s family; so, Sue, I already got your idea on the walk back. Without looking it up, I’m pretty sure Helen hasn’t decriminalized murder, even if it’s La Familia. So, please rethink it and factor that in.” Sue nodded. “Does anyone have any ideas on what else to do?” Suzy-Ho started to raise her hand. “That aren’t ‘turn the party into an orgy?’” Suzy-Ho lowered her hand.

“Well, I think you were right back there.” Suzy-Q spoke up. “There’s got to be some reason that Helen doesn’t just command them to tell her all their schemes.”

“Probably because Helen’s got plenty of her own and can spot them a mile away.” Sue added.

“Well, we know that ‘whole family approached her’ line is a lie.” Suzy-Ho finally spoke up. “I mean, 6:00 rolls around, you don’t want to hang out after work and have drinks with the boss you don’t even like while she shows off her new kids. You either want to get home and fuck or go out and find someone to fuck. Who’d choose to stand there and listen to Helen talk about diaper-changing over that?”

“That’s a good point.” Sue contributed. “They all hate Helen. Probably been pizza, strippers, and beer over there every day she’s gone. Why would any of them go complain to Lucinda that she hasn’t been around much, babies or not?”

That sparked something in my head.

“Nice work, Suzy-Ho. I have something to take up with Maria now.”

“Damn.” Sue grumbled. “Susan, you’re not going to make us the A-Team and then figure things out without any ass-kicking happening, are you?”

I looked at the woman who looked like me dressed in overalls and a muscle shirt and tried not to grin too hard about it.

“You met Lucinda too. It’s not going to be Plan A like you want, however, violence at some point before this is all over can’t be ruled out, and I know who to go to for that.”

That got a smile from her that totally looked like Mr. T’s. Dammit, Sue, keep it up and you’ll have to start pitying me.

“So, we know Lucinda lies.” I told them. “Despite, or maybe because of, her whole ‘not enough religion in San Finzione these days’ deal. Or maybe because lying is simply a survival skill in La Familia. So far, my recon trip didn’t net me anything more than putting myself on Lucinda’s radar and possibly letting her know that Helen is out of the country. She’s right, if Helen had really needed something from her office, she’d have sent Jeanne or a page, not asked me to do it. Five or six people would have to be out sick today for Helen to get down to asking me to go fetch something for her and Lucinda knows that; I see that now.”

Suzy-Q’s eyes lit up and she started hopping up and down in her chair, getting into her role.

“She’s always known!” She shouted, pointing at me. “I know how we all hate spirit guides, so I don’t want to sound like one of them, but the answer’s right there in front of you; and it’s so obvious that I think even your subconscious knows and tried to tell you with that thing you randomly grabbed from Helen’s desk that you haven’t even looked at yet.”

I reached into my pocket before realizing that it was still in my real pocket out there instead of in here, so that wouldn’t help. (And yes, we take a dim view of spirit guides around here. If you know the answers I seek, just fuckin’ tell me! Don’t make me go through a series of trials that are obvious metaphors for the problems in my life, don’t answer all my questions with more questions, just tell me! The plan if a spirit guide ever shows up is for the other two to hold it down while Sue beats the answers out of it.)

“And you’ve been paying a lot more attention to time than you have to.” Suzy-Q continued. “I know that’s a thing Helen does because it’s saved her life a couple times; and maybe that’s why you’re so conscious about it while we’re dealing with one of her problems. Because yes, it’s a couple hours away, but it’s a party, not a bomb! Whatever Lucinda has planned is going to happen there, and we should be ready for it, but stressing about it until then accomplishes nothing. You’ve got the meeting with the others in a little bit, figure that out, instead. For now, though, you should return to reality, make the connection, and tell Maria.”

I nodded. This sort of thing is the reason I don’t go on medication over them.

“Thanks, Mes.” I told them. “Still don’t really have a plan yet, but when I do, I know I’m gonna love when it comes together.”

* * *

I opened my eyes and stood up. Time to see if Suzy-Q was right, and the thing I’d grabbed was the answer to all this. I took it out of my pocket and looked at it.

Of course that’s what I grabbed. I looked down at the wood and rubber object in my hand. The object that contained the answer that Lucinda knew damn good and well that she would have gotten if she’d come to Helen with this idea, so she had to come to Maria. And the fact that Maria is going through with it is proof enough that Helen isn’t here to say anything, because then Maria’s next move would only have been to tell Helen, and we all know what her answer would have been the moment she found out.

Instead, Maria did what every good member of La Familia is supposed to do when someone comes to them seeking information about or with a deal regarding La Familia Royale: Accept the offer, play along; give them a little something if you must to get in good with them, but learn all that you can and report it to Helen as soon as possible. She was just going to wait until Helen got home for the “report it” part. Good for her, but it also told Lucinda what she wanted to know.

I looked at that answer in my hand; the phrase carved in Italian into the rubber, reversed letters that would be Helen’s final word on all of this if she were here:

“FUCK YOU! We are NOT doing this!”

Suzy-Q was right, my subconscious had been trying to tell me the answer. (It’s a bit less “sub” than most. Ya know, except Suzy-Ho.) I checked my phone. Almost 2. Stavro’s probably back at work and Maria’s somewhere around. I messaged her and was told she was in the Banquet Hall, so ran there.

* * *

I found Maria doing what Helen is usually doing the day of a ball or a gathering: Sitting in a chair, overseeing the room, and telling people putting up decorations and stuff what to do. Jeanne was there with a cup of tea for her as she gestured instructions across the room at the workers. I approached them and got in close enough so only she and Jeanne could hear.

“Lucinda knows that Helen’s out of the country.” I told them.

“Si.” Maria replied casually, still sipping her tea and looking regal as she waved orders about. “I have reasoned this. Great-Grandmama would have stepped in and put a stop to things long before now if she were here. Lucinda knows this. This means that her true motive is also something that had to wait until La Contessa was out of the country.”

I listened to Maria casually tell me what it had taken most of the day for me to figure out. I was about to ask her how she figured it, when it occurred to me that part of her lifetime training by the Count and Helen to one day be Contessa herself likely included old-school Italian political games like whatever Lucinda’s up to.

“I keep coming back to TV and movie plots.” I told her. “Is there some kind of rule where if Helen’s not around, and Lucinda manages to get into the Vault, put on the tiara, and hold the scepter, she’s Contessa now?”

Maria tittered at that.

“No. I cannot think of anything that Lucinda may be up to that Great-Grandmama cannot simply undo when she returns.”

I thought on that for a second.

“No.” I told Maria, still trying to appear to anyone looking that I’m just having a chat with my old pal The Princess. “She wouldn’t have to wait for Helen to get back. You could undo whatever she’s up to, Maria; if it was something bad enough that we’d have to drop the whole ‘Helen’s still around here somewhere and running the show right now’ façade and tell everyone you’ve been La Contessa for the past month!”

“Si. The next question would then be ‘WHY did La Contessa abandon her babies and San Finzione for a month?’”

I think I was catching up to the game. I offered Maria my thoughts.

“San Finzione IS a Catholic Nation. Plenty of churchgoers are upset enough that Helen is going to raise them ‘without a father.’ You could put doctors on TV explaining Postpartum Depression around-the-clock for a year, show how the twins have had the best care and protection in the world the entire time, and a percentage of the population will still always look at her and add ‘unfit mother’ to their list of things they already don’t like about Helen. That percentage goes to Mass, where I’m willing to bet Lucinda is always in attendance to ‘share their concerns’ about ‘the direction San Finzione is headed without God in the Castle.’ Or the new heirs’ lives!”

Maria nodded, the reluctance to take the gloves off when it came to La Familia still in her eyes.

“’And if only someone godly like her were Contessa.’” Maria concluded.

“Can she do something like that?” I asked. “Is there some way she could use this to gather support and influence to overthrow Helen?”

“Not by itself, but it would be a first step. Great-Grandmama’s primary motivation for baptizing them is so that you and Julie can also be their familia in some way that must be recognized outside of the castle, should the need arise. Her secondary motivation is to shut such people up, si. This makes it even more important that we sell them on the idea that Rita is Great-Grandmama, Susan. I may need to ask you to do another strange thing that you are the only one that can do it.”

“You know I’m here to help you, Maria.” I said, still trying to appear as if we were causally chatting. “Just tell me what you need me to do.”

Maria picked up her tea, sipped it, and smiled as if she weren’t about to ask me to do something big.

“Rita must be able to sell the role. More so than usual. I may need you, Susan, to do The Thing to Rita. To make HER believe that she is Great-Grandmama.”