The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Social Scene and the Hate Machine

Chapter 6 — Guess Who’s Back and Mad as Hell

“We’ve fired shots across the bow,” Summer said to the crew at the skate park. “Any of you who go to Glassville High are not going to school tomorrow. They’re not going to take those shots lying down, and they’re not going to slap back with fake fangs and glitter bombs. We’ve declared war, and my first priority is keeping you safe until the battle. They may be sent after us. They might come here. Over 21s, stay here and guard the turf. Send them back to the football field if you can, capture them if you have to, but no bloodshed. Give her a martyr and the hive will become even more unified than they already are.”

As her group nodded their understanding, Summer went on, “College kids, hang out at the usual hangouts and lure the hive kids to the football field however you can. Any of you from rival schools, start the cyber taunts as soon as you get out of here. Get them looking for you and set up the rumble. The top ten are with me. We still have work to do, so get in the van. The rest of you, get a good night’s sleep and be ready for tomorrow.”

The rest of the recruits dispersed, but Summer and her ten climbed into the van from the store and drove off. “I’ve already seen the older head of the monster. Give me everything you’ve got on Miss Llewellyn,” Summer said in the sharpest tone she had ever used on any of her people.

“Cassidy Llewellyn... let’s see... started out at MIT, but dropped out after a year to study abroad in Tokyo,” Priya reported.

“The Russo-Japanese War was a war of controllers, with Rasputin himself leading the charge. The man who dominated an entire royal family thought the empire had gone too far- all you need to know. Continue,” Summer said.

“She came in right after Pinkerton, and well, the really creepy stuff- no record of that anywhere until after Pinkerton,” Priya continued.

“How creepy is creepy?” Vanessa asked.

“Have you ever tried to get into the bathroom during fifth period? You can’t. The entire cheer squad is in there. They have a choreographed pee routine,” Kylie said with a shudder.

“Shan, quick, I need the yearbook database. Where did everyone who graduated last year go?” Summer asked.

Shannon took out her tablet and looked at it. “Okay, so forty-seven jocks, preps, and other assorted cool kids graduated last year. Twenty to Atlantic Coast, ten to the Marines, five to Detroit Tech, three cheerleaders at Lubbock State, two at some school in Jersey I’ve never heard of, two studying abroad in Japan, one modeling gig in Hollywood—”

“Annie Fanny!” Ron bellowed. “Ow, Shan! Summer, can you do something about the hitting?“

“We’ll talk later. What about the rest of the riff-raff, Shannon?”

Shannon looked at the tablet again. “Casey married some millionaire dot-com dork, Shaniqua got a deal to play basketball in Russia, and the Herbert twins now grace posters in liquor stores, which I guess is one step up from a milk carton,” she concluded.

Summer nodded her understanding. “Now let me translate that into real-world terms. Atlantic Coast is a Class 6 finishing school for sex dolls. The Marines are a death trap for controlled men. Detroit is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. There ain’t a cheerleader in Texas with a mind of her own. Jersey, the best case scenario is being adopted as a Family pet. Bimbo games are to Japan what singing competitions and cook-offs are to the US. Hollywood means that the only thing she knows how to do is take off her clothes and suck dick. Casey’s a trophy wife. Russia loves importing women for sale as trophy wives and whores. And yes, liquor store posters are the adult version of the milk carton.”

“Can I get a summary of the summary?” Mickey asked sheepishly.

“Go directly to slavery, do not pass Go, do not collect two hundred dollars. Half of them will probably be clinically dead, not just mentally obliterated, in five years or less. She saw the loss of control that created Pinkerton and decided that instead of stopping like an ordinary sane person might, she was going to break them even further. She took complete control so they could never lose it, turned them into things, and arranged for them to remain things for the rest of their lives. That’s what we’re up against, and that’s what she’ll do to us if we lose. Shan, pull over at the hotel. It’s not safe for any of us to go home. They know where we live. And not even all our families are safe.”

Katelyn, Rick, Vanessa, and Emma nodded their understanding, and Shannon’s hands tightened on the wheel.

Summer’s black card did wonders in getting them four rooms next to each other. The boys headed for one room, the girls split up into two rooms, and Summer pulled Shannon into the last. “I need to talk to you about after all this,” she said.

“Don’t you need to talk to all of us about that?” Shannon asked.

“I do. I will. But I need to bounce it off you first to have some idea of what to say to everyone else, and what not to tell them. You’re in this deeper than the rest, no matter how much I trust them, no matter how much faith I put in them. I translated the documents that Anya’s lawyers sent. We have three ways to go when we’re done. We can all live on the lam- I have enough of Anya’s money without claiming her empire. I can cut everyone free and go to Russia by myself, become an underboss in one of the big families, and spend the rest of my life making whores. Or we can go for the big prize.”

“I’m not seeing the problem with door number three,” Shannon said.

Summer glared at Shannon, not in the mood for jokes. “Claiming the full extent of Anya’s empire means embracing my full power. It means going before the Rasputin Society and dragging as many people as I can as deep as they can go. That’s not who I am. I won’t force anyone to undergo that humiliation. If I have enough, I succeed my aunt and end up with the largest private portion of the world’s oil assets outside the Middle East, two castles, and shadow ownership of Exxon. But how much I get...”

“Depends on what you have,” Shannon finished.

“Exactly. These are the rules, translated as best as I could into English. This is what I have to ask everyone to accept if I do this,” Summer said, handing Shannon a sheet of paper.

Shannon read it over quickly, and her expression was resolute when she looked back up. “I get it. As long as you aren’t selling us, I’d be okay with this... for you. You don’t know how strong you are.”

“When we’re done, we’re distributing this. We strike tomorrow. If we fail, let love be your last memory. Don’t let her take that away from you,” Summer said.

“And that’s the key to your strength. Just because the chains are comfortable, that doesn’t keep them from being strong,” Shannon said. She gave Summer a soft kiss on the cheek before leaving the room to join Ron.

Summer laid awake for most of the night, hearing through the walls everyone’s method of coping with the stress. She could hear Shannon and Ron’s bed creaking, and Priya’s moans and Katelyn’s girlish shrieks; she could hear Kylie and Vanessa giving each other final requests for if they didn’t make it, and Dana’s snores, and Emma’s soft sobbing. The room they’d reserved for the guys was too far away for her to hear anything, but there were two sets of footsteps pacing outside her room all night as Mickey and Rick kept guard.

Sleep eventually took her down to a place where even her worst fears couldn’t follow her.

The next morning, Summer and Shannon parked near the school, camouflaged by the trees that screened the school from the streets; the others were scattered around the building, keeping an eye on all exits. Summer’s phone buzzed with texts. “There they go. Cheer, dance, football, volleyball, tennis, basketball, track- the teams are being dispatched to find us and chase the ones they don’t know are ours,” she said as reports filtered in.

“My phone’s going nuts.” Shannon said. “Everyone wants to know what’s going on- even the teachers don’t seem to know. Anyone who’s got my number, or anyone else’s, is texting like crazy.”

“Panic is taking root,” Summer agreed.

“Chaos, pandemonium... and if Pinkerton got out again, this time the government wouldn’t miss?”

“Exactly. Jail would be their only answer- Kylie just spotted lacrosse and field hockey. Vanessa just reported that the soccer teams are out. And- that’s Mickey. Softball and baseball are out. That’s the last of the hive. No one left to cover home base except the teachers and staff. Now for the looney tune before the movie...” Summer thumbed through the drafts on her phone until she found the message she’d been saving. She forwarded it to the appropriate party, and soon smoke was pouring from the auto shop.

The steady drip of students leaving the school became an undisciplined flood as the building evacuated. Summer’s top ten remained resolute in their hiding places. Summer’s phone rang. “Visual on both Llewellyns,” Katelyn whispered, static crackling her voice.

“Go time,” Summer replied, and Shannon sent the group text as Summer spoke.

Phones went into holsters and binoculars back around necks. The group emerged from their hiding places and headed for the auto shop, through the smoke and the haze. They could hear Mr. McCaffrey lost in song, an indistinct figure grinding his way through Steppenwolf. “Head out on that highway... looking for adventure... and whatever comes our way... BORRRRRRN TO BE WIIIIIIIIIILLLLLD!”

“Was that the next line?” Rick asked Dana.

“Let him go, he’s rolling,” Dana advised.

Summer took the key from Mr. McCaffrey and offered him a salute. He slammed down harder on the gas in response, sending even more smoke spewing out of the shop to set off the sprinklers in the main building.

“Let him have his fun. It’ll buy us more time. The auto shop boys seem to be having fun, and I don’t think it’s just Dana’s tits,” Shannon said.

Dana raised a solemn middle finger to Shannon in response. Even the threat of a look from Summer was enough for everyone to get serious and head for the main school building to take their places.

Cassidy Llewellyn was the sweetest-looking poison this side of antifreeze. Her blood-red skirt suit came down to the same point of the lower thigh as the cheerleaders’ uniforms, and clung just as flatteringly and even more tightly. Her designer heels were tall and narrow, and she strode on them as easily as if she were barefoot. The cream silk of her blouse was artfully unbuttoned to reveal her enhanced DDs, framed by the 24-karat gold that her straw-brown hair had been spun into. Mocking amusement glittered in her gray-green eyes. Is this the best a vampire can offer me? I should be threatened by a smoke alarm? I, who survived the depths of Japan and came out stronger, sexier, and smarter? I, who took the desperate need to conform of Japanese culture and fused it with American competitiveness to create a new kind of collective conscious? I don’t have time for this juvenile nonsense.

She tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for the all clear and pretending she didn’t see the boys taking upskirts. The day was already a waste. Reminders of Pinkerton were popping up everywhere she and her hive looked, and the hoi polloi that crammed Glassville’s halls were starting to whisper. She had lost valuable time in perfecting her hive drones, emptying out her programming classes to send them chasing after the Doby girl’s slaves, and could do nothing but wait for reports from her athletes.

As soon as the all clear sounded, she stalked back to the lab. She passed her mother in the hall and gave her a sharp nod of grudging respect. Her mother and nominal boss was a vicious controller in her own right, and the lights and chairs she’d used for years did well to bring the athletes to the level that Cassidy needed. But as good as she was, her time was past. Cassidy Llewellyn was the crest of the new wave, the flag-bearer for the new generation, and her time was now.

And no spoiled vampire princess will get in my way, she thought, opening the door to the lab.

“Took you long enough, Cassie. So how do you turn these things on, anyway? I need to get my people nice and deep for Russia. Just wanted you to know that I know, and that I have my own corner of the world to carve out. We’re both the same, after all,” Summer said from behind the desk, feet kicked up on the laminate top, bright green baseball cap pulled over her eyes. She gestured lazily at the figures sitting motionless at the terminals, each one wearing a set of headphones.

“We’re hardly alike. You’re old scum, the last gasp of a dying breed. The future is in human toys and the rewiring of the mind to remove the concept of independent thought. The new economy is coming, where the strong take the weak off the streets and into the bedroom. Sex is not the enemy, it’s the new gold rush. But maybe you do understand that.” Cassidy allowed herself a thin smile, a movement of red-painted lips and a flash of white teeth. “After all, would you come to me otherwise? I think we can make a deal. The master server is in my desk. Here’s the flash drive with the first layer of programming.”

She wasn’t stupid enough to pass through Summer’s flock of minions; instead, she tossed the flash drive to Summer at the desk. Summer caught it and put it down. “Sorry, Miss Llewellyn. I’m not really good with computers. Either come to the front and get it started for me, or get out. Your mommy can collect the results. I’m sure she’d love to hear about how you were scared of a vampire girl,” she said with a smile as cruel and false as Cassidy’s own.

Cassidy backed towards the door, but turned to avoid falling over her heels. As soon as her back was to the terminals, Ron and Rick leaped from their chairs and seized her from behind. “Yeah, didn’t think you’d fall for that,” Ron said with a smirk. Rick snorted with laughter as he pinned her arms, and Mickey shook his head in mock disappointment as he picked up her legs.

“Help! Someone! Help!” Cassidy screamed, but the sound was lost in the wail of the fire alarm that Shannon pulled and pulled again. “I’ll kill you all! You won’t even be able to wish you were dead!”

“Make up your mind, Hive Queen Barbie,” Dana said in the most bored tone she could muster, studying her nails. To Cassidy’s horror, everyone began to laugh at her, at the mockery of what she had created, at her desperate and futile efforts to escape. She thrashed harder against her assailants, to no avail, as they dragged her like a sacrifice to the desk at the front of the room.

The cap was gone now, and so was any trace of the good humor Summer had shown during the pretense at negotiation. The angles of her face seemed sharper, and her eyes gleamed like beacons in the eerie dark of the room. Cassidy slammed her eyes shut, the only defense she had. She could hear footsteps towards the door as Summer’s minions headed out to keep watch, but she knew no one was out there anyway; the fire alarm was still going, and the school would have been long since evacuated. “You’re no better than I am, and your slaves are no better than what I create,” she spat, using the last weapon left to her.

Summer’s nails dug into Cassidy’s arm, and the reflex was enough to force Cassidy’s eyes open. “I might not be better than you, but I’ve been educated enough to know the difference between a follower and a slave,” she answered, every word sharp and clear as glass. “I was born with these. My only choice was what kind of controller I was going to be. But you? You had a choice, and you chose to become a murderer and a slave trader. Clearly you can’t be trusted to make your own choices.“

As Summer’s anger burned hotter, her eyes seemed to turn colder, and her gaze never left Cassidy’s face. Even as Cassidy struggled to escape, to look anywhere but into those brilliant blue eyes, she found herself unable to avoid Summer’s gaze, unable to look away. Her eyes widened and glazed, and under the pressure of Summer’s stare, the temperature in her mind dropped. Her thoughts slowed as she felt her brain freezing, going from 98 to 72 to 32 to zero... and then even further, until she was at absolute zero, her eyes locked into a dead stare, her mind too frozen to think or to feel.

Words in a low growl etched themselves into the ice of her mind like drills, and she was helpless against them. “You killed my sister. You turned innocent youths into dolls for sale. Death is too good for you. You will live as justice. You will live to obey. You cannot think of anything but obeying. Until the day your body stops breathing, your only purpose is to obey. All you know, all you remember, all you are, all you can ever be, is mindless and obedient.”

Summer turned away from the motionless body on the desk, shaking with residual rage. It took a moment for her to collect herself enough that she could see her crew standing stunned by the side effects of her power. She went to them one by one and clapped her hands to bring them around.

“...I think you killed her,” Shannon said.

“Hands up, everyone who’s okay with that?” Dana said.

“Her body lives. Her soul, not so much,” Summer said coldly. She turned to Cassidy and snapped, “Get up.”

Cassidy stood and stared ahead, no green visible in her eyes. Her face was expressionless, her body rigid.

Summer nodded. “Good. Pretend to have a mind and call your mother to the lab. Tell her you need her help. Don’t let her suspect anything unusual has happened.”

Silently, Cassidy obeyed, walking to the phone against the wall with the grace of a sleepwalker and making the call.

While that went on, Summer turned to her group. “Priya, get that flash drive to the police. Everyone else get going to get the rest of the troops ready. Dusk at the football field, remember,” she told them.

Priya took the flash drive and pocketed it, while the rest of the group scattered. They were long gone by the time Principal Llewellyn arrived. One look at her daughter and she knew what Summer had done. The shock stunned her enough for Summer to strike.

“All she did was extend what you created. All she did was have the guts to do what you couldn’t. You planted the seeds years ago, and watched gleefully as they flowered into rape, into murder, into monsters and inhuman things. Now you’re going to tell me everything about those years. How much happened? What don’t I know?” Summer demanded, slamming Principal Llewellyn into the wall and locking on. The principal resisted less, and Summer cracked her mind open to let all her secrets out before freezing her solid.

As the final bell sounded, Summer slipped out with the rest of the students and took her position.